Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,237
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#409116 Dec 13, 2012
who="7th Day Catholics Rock"Huh surely you was not agreeing with him about the SMARGE comment ?

Of course not. Just saying that his language is filthy...not a good testimony.

KayMarie
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#409117 Dec 13, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>14Dec12.....
.....Good people (millions of dem) living good lives in da jungles and elsewhere who have Never heard of Jesus Christ will GO to Heaven.
Romans 16:19 This is because what is known about God should be plain to them because God made it plain to them. 20 Ever since the creation of the world, God’s invisible qualities—God’s eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, because they are understood through the things God has made. So humans are without excuse.

**sorry Bob...you're wrong

#409118 Dec 13, 2012
who="Truth"
Apostles, KayMarie...
Jesus was speaking to the APOSTLES...

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized EVERY ONE OF YOU in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and YOU shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto YOU, and to your children, and to ALL THAT ARE AFAR OFF, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

He hasn't quit making apostles...OR setting them in the church.
You have not BECAUSE YOU ASK NOT.

KayMarie
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409119 Dec 13, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You are right. The rcc and You at least(not so sure about Rob) do say that. The scriptures do not.
If Rob believed that they were indeed salvific, why did he say that it was 'probably unnecessary'? Salvific, but probably unnecessary?
Anytime we do not do something God requires of us, we miss out on His grace and His blessings.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409120 Dec 13, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What would your co-workers say if you claim to have faith in Christ and your lifestyle or works do not reflect your faith?
I suppose they'd call me a hypocrite, probably behind my back because I own the company and they might be hesistant to say it to my face...then again, some of my employees are pretty outspoken and yell at me for being too lenient on some of the less hardworking employees.

#409121 Dec 13, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
By my works. If you don't have works, do you have faith? If you don't have faith, are you saved?
Faith AND works brother.

Works are a RESULT of faith. "Show me...and I will SHOW YOU MY FAITH BY MY WORKS." Jesus said,'They shall know you BY YOUR WORKS.'

One who REALLY believes in Jesus (faith) will FOLLOW Jesus into doing good deeds/works.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409122 Dec 13, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
note verse 45
And he will answer,'I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.'
These are Christians, first you have to be able to tell who is a Christian.
Clay says he can't tell if one is a Christian or not.. can you?
Besides that only Jesus can make one a Christian, not works.
Jesus is telling Christians that He will send them to everlasting punishment for not taking care of the least of His brothers. Don't you believe ALL Christians are going to heaven no matter what?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409123 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus spends a lot of time talking about what we are to DO to be saved, and not just about having faith. I'm rather unfamiliar with your denomination's thinking on 'faith alone' Hank, can you share with me?
Hey Anthony,

I am NOT a faith alone believer....

It is...FAITH WITHOUT WORKS is DEAD.....

"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

Any declaration of faith that does NOT result in a changed life and good works giving God the Glory is a false declaration: A dead faith!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409124 Dec 13, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Truth"
Apostles, KayMarie...
Jesus was speaking to the APOSTLES...
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized EVERY ONE OF YOU in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and YOU shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto YOU, and to your children, and to ALL THAT ARE AFAR OFF, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
He hasn't quit making apostles...OR setting them in the church.
You have not BECAUSE YOU ASK NOT.
KayMarie
God has NOT stopped making DISCIPLES NOT apostles....

No one today qualifies to be an apostle....KayMarie...
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#409125 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose they'd call me a hypocrite, probably behind my back because I own the company and they might be hesistant to say it to my face...then again, some of my employees are pretty outspoken and yell at me for being too lenient on some of the less hardworking employees.
Go as far as to say you really aren't a christian????

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#409126 Dec 13, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>"On the last day' is a reference to judgement day. The teaching is quite simple that at that time it is too late. Everyone will see Christ face to face and of course be brought to the realization of thier error and the fate they have chosen. But it will be TOO LATE. CONTEXT , Anthony.
Man, you seem to have the future account all wrapped up.

How did you find out this information?

I think you are making things up.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409127 Dec 13, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
By my works. If you don't have works, do you have faith? If you don't have faith, are you saved?
Faith AND works brother.
Works are a RESULT of faith. "Show me...and I will SHOW YOU MY FAITH BY MY WORKS." Jesus said,'They shall know you BY YOUR WORKS.'
One who REALLY believes in Jesus (faith) will FOLLOW Jesus into doing good deeds/works.
KayMarie
Would you say that pasting salacious stories about Catholics on this board is an example of 'good deeds/works'?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#409128 Dec 13, 2012
who="Michael"
Robert says....
..brainwashed!
Michael says....
..(lol)Brainwashed!.. No my good friend Robert, that is what people say about religious people. You just had it backwards.
Its obvious people of faith can't stand being questioned. It all stems from growing up in the church. I remember I was there back in the day. They teach that. Religion class, never ask questions, wait until math or spelling and ask all the questions you like.........about math or spelling.
Wrong churches, Michael. I've never gone to one where I was not allowed to ask questions...and I got answers, too.
KayMarie
Why don't you believe in all of Jesus' teachings?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409129 Dec 13, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Go as far as to say you really aren't a christian????
No. None of the protestants I know up here presume to make that judgement about another Christian. And yes, the protestants I know consider Catholics as fellow Christians.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409130 Dec 13, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And you Michael, need to understand that the Catholic Church, the Catholics on this forum and the majority of Catholics throughout the world, do not "fit into" or believe the "exaggerated, overstated and disproportionated" hyped-up statistics that you are "forever" (digging up). You say you don't care what I believe--but as I told you before---"you do care" because otherwise---you wouldn't still be on this forum. and you would be off somewhere living in the "same old bondage" of anti-catholic hatred for Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church........The fact is that it (bugs you) that you can't get ANYONE to believe ANY--yes---ANY CATHOLIC, to accept your anti-catholic vengeance, hostility and "blown out of portion" statistics....... Correction Michael--but I am Orthodox Roman Catholic and you are the Prodigal Son (social, ex-Catholic--or is it atheist or agnostic now!! Bad news?? Yes--(for you) at least for the time being----- until like the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11 when he eventually -----"came to his senses"!!!
HOJO says...

not "fit into" or believe the "exaggerated, overstated and disproportionated" hyped-up statistics.

MICHAEL says....

.....Since Camden NJ ROMAN CATHOLIC ""Bishop Joseph Galante"" began merging South Jersey parishes three years ago in what has become a model for dioceses nationwide, Mass attendance has fallen substantially, according to data provided by the diocese.

....One of the factors that determined the mergers was the poor finances of the parishes, about one third of which could not pay their bills, the bishop said.

I think its time that catholics start paying more to support their churches.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#409131 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No. None of the protestants I know up here presume to make that judgement about another Christian. And yes, the protestants I know consider Catholics as fellow Christians.
So if you claim to have faith in Christ and your lifestyle reflects the complete opposite no one would question your faith?

#409132 Dec 13, 2012
who="Truth"
God has NOT stopped making DISCIPLES NOT apostles....
No one today qualifies to be an apostle....KayMarie...

That is like saying that our students will stay in elementary/middle school forever. We don't make graduates any more.

KayMarie
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409133 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus spends a lot of time talking about what we are to DO to be saved, and not just about having faith. I'm rather unfamiliar with your denomination's thinking on 'faith alone' Hank, can you share with me?
Anthony says.......

....Jesus spends a lot of time talking about what we are to DO to be saved.

Michael says...

....Oh really Anthony! and when did Jesus talk to you about this?

UNBELIEVABLE!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409134 Dec 13, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What would your co-workers say if you claim to have faith in Christ and your lifestyle or works do not reflect your faith?
When Christians do good deeds, it says...

"Let the beauty of Jesus be SEEN in you!"
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#409135 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, James does not judge anyone one either. He says faith without works is dead. If your lifestyle doesn't reflect your faith you are spiritually dead. You do not have the faith that saves because your lifestyle shows you don't.

James is not adding works to salvation. He is saying if you claim to have faith, it should be apparent in your lifestyle because we both know it is Christ that works through Christians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Cultastic 8,508
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 11 hr Miss New Thing 3
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1
The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Weal... (Jan '14) Oct 10 QUITTNER Oct 10 2014 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE