Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,703)

Showing posts 394,041 - 394,060 of530,354
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Brad Pitt and Angelina Joli are really a beautiful couple,I thought maybe they are your children.LOL.
They deny it. Our rift was all over a Thanksgiving argument about a football game.LOL
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Look Lilly on field.
Look birds and animals on field,who feed them..Did they stolen something?
nooooooooooooooooooooooo
How much money they need give for you?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Oh goodie, more spam. I will respond to the first two.
Mat.7:18 You are reading more into the verse than what is there. There is no scriptural basis for going beyound what is written.
Mat. 7:21 is a reference to the judgement day. The fact is that meny will try in vain when they stand before the Judge to change thier status.'On the last day...' and on and on we could go with this kind of th;inking.
They said "Lord, Lord...", but didn't DO the will of the Father. That means simply professing faith and excluding good works isn't enough.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

The Circle Of The Wise

December 13, 2012— byDavid H. Roper

Subscribe on iTunes
Play MP3 (Mobile)

Our Daily Bread Radio is hosted by Les Lamborn

Read: 1 John 2:12–17

I write to you, fathers, because you have known Him who is from the beginning.—1 John 2:13

Bible in a Year:
Philemon

I used to serve on the elder board of a church in California. One elder, Bob Smith, who was older than most of us, frequently called us back to the Word of God for guidance.

On one occasion we were discussing a leadership shortage in the church and had spent an hour or more working through various solutions. Bob was silent throughout the discussion. Finally, he said quietly,“Gentlemen, we’ve forgotten Jesus’ solution to our leadership issue. Before we do anything, we must first ‘ask the Lord of the harvest ... to send out workers’”(Luke 10:2 niv). We were humbled, and spent the rest of our time praying that God would raise up workers and send them into the field.

C. S. Lewis said,“The next best thing to being wise oneself is to live in a circle of those who are.” Proverbs 1:5 says,“A man of understanding will attain wise counsel.” Bob’s comment is just one example of the value of wise men and women who “have known Him who is from the beginning”(1 John 2:13-14) and whose minds are saturated with the Word of God.

Let’s take to heart the counsel of those who have lived in the Lord’s presence and are mature in His wisdom. They are God’s gift to us and our churches.
The older saints who trust God’s WordHave trod the paths that we now walk;They’ve fought the battles we now fight—Their wisdom teaches truth and right.—Branon
That one is truly wise who gains wisdom from the experience of others.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>He also said that baptizing infants was probably ot necessary. Were you baptized as an infant?
Let's put this little issue to rest. The Catholic Church, Fr. Dye and I say that baptism IS salvific. We say Jesus commanded baptism for salvation. We also say that WE DON'T KNOW for sure if unbaptized babies will go to heaven because the bible is silent on it.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>That is not true. You really do care.
No, I really don't. I don't respond to the trolls who paste garbage about Catholics or the Catholic Church. I know their agenda. They don't pretend to be charitable Christians. Kay does.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>well I know that I am Saved, and I know that any person who follows the likes of ellen white isnt, but that is who 4bdn has buddied up with to go against me.
but dont you worry, they got you going to hell with the rest of all catholics.
Who elected you head of the Narrowing Field?I know a few 7th Day Adventists,and none of them are bound for hell,and you and I know there are many Catholics in heaven and going there as well.I don't think the Wesleyan,or Nazarenes,Church of God(Anderson,Indiana),Free Methodists,or whatever holiness church you belong to are the only ones that are bound for heaven.You should know better than to judge by affiliation.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>What you don't seem to be able to understand is that we(at least some of us) do understand your teaching. It is not that we don't understand what you are taught. It is that we don't agree with some of those teachings.
I don't think so. Your typical response is to either ignore or belittle our proofs. You get angry and nasty when your proven to be mistaken about something. You strike me as they kind of person who would rather yell over people or plug your ears instead of engaging in a constructive conversation. That kind of response is typical of someone who has doubts and responds emotionally rather than logically.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that there is no empirical evidence for the existence of God. This indeed is true.No problem.I am also cool protexting your rights to not be intruded upon by my beliefs.
Brad! I mean Herme.....says..

.........I agree that there is no empirical evidence for the existence of God.

Michael says......If you honestly believe their is no empirical evidence for the existance of God, then why not explore your reasoning for saying so, instead of you blindly believing their is a God?

If you have no evidence in what you believe, then why do you believe it? Because of Family tradition?

Is that a good reason? I wouldn't think so.

Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>They deny it. Our rift was all over a Thanksgiving argument about a football game.LOL
Some families have rift over football teams,how sad! I could never put a picture of my wife and I on this forum,I would consider it a breach of sacred trust,besides we don't have any recent pictures.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to prove a thing. It's up to you freakshow to prove god doesn't exsist.....his creation speaks for itself. Yet humans live only 80 years if lucky. How small, mere the knowledge gained.
Hey Makesure, that 'freadshow' thing really demonstrates your mastery of the english language. What are you, 12 years old?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Who elected you head of the Narrowing Field?I know a few 7th Day Adventists,and none of them are bound for hell,and you and I know there are many Catholics in heaven and going there as well.I don't think the Wesleyan,or Nazarenes,Church of God(Anderson,Indiana),Free Methodists,or whatever holiness church you belong to are the only ones that are bound for heaven.You should know better than to judge by affiliation.
Pad says..

..know there are many Catholics in heaven and going there as well.

Michael says.....why would any all loving God select your religious followers ONLY and no one else to enter into what you call heaven?

That is just arrogant wishful thinking.

Religion does nothing but divide our good people in our world, and your statement is right up there.

God has no religion. Right?

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I really don't. I don't respond to the trolls who paste garbage about Catholics or the Catholic Church. I know their agenda. They don't pretend to be charitable Christians. Kay does.
There are millions and millions of people in our world NON CHRISTIAN who have been extremely charitable, in many aspects.

What charitable works have you done that makes you so special Anthony?

Almost all the information I have posted about your roman catholic church have come right from catholic sources.

You have to grow up and accept the good with the bad.

You are a long way from that.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
___
Jud 1:3 Dearly beloved, taking all care to write unto you concerning your common salvation,
I was under a necessity to write unto you: to beseech you to contend earnestly for the faith once delivered to the saints.
Is your tirade against my wife .."contending for the faith?"..or is it a personal vendetta against an individual...
What she has posted is about an imperfect earthly organization...
that is by no means representing Jesus Christ, before the world
in its teachings, actions, or God's holiness.
Why are you venting your hatred toward her? and acting out your own personal inquisition ... here before the witnesses in this forum.
___
Just what is your goal...Would you not like to destroy her, if it were within your power?
1Pe_4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or a railer or coveter of other men's things.
1Jn_3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer. And you know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in himself.
Your wife is not some poor victim here. While she insists she's not a trouble maker, she continues to post unrelated stories about bad Catholics, second hand gossip from questionable sources, snide remarks about the pope, and crude observations about our practices that she clearly misunderstands.

If she doesn't want to be held accountable for her comments, she should keep them to herself or try going back to being the nice lady I originally thought she was. Reacting in anger and denial when someone tells you of your failts is not a Christian response. If she were admit her error, apologize and not keep doing it, I would never bring it up again.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so. Your typical response is to either ignore or belittle our proofs. You get angry and nasty when your proven to be mistaken about something. You strike me as they kind of person who would rather yell over people or plug your ears instead of engaging in a constructive conversation. That kind of response is typical of someone who has doubts and responds emotionally rather than logically.
That pretty much sums it up. He has proven many times by his statements that he doesnt understand nor has he tried to. It is patently obvious he has not read the responses given his comments. It is clear however that he is the final authority as fallible guys like Luther got some stuff right and some stuff wrong, but not him. ;0 It is also apparent that some Protestants Jesus did not do enough to save them in his inconsistent doctrine of do nothing. They arent really saved like him and for sure none of the Catholics. Gotta run have a good day!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
lol. No you have a problem with St James, because you do not understand the context it was written in. Perhaps if you would actually READ it, or at least the first couple of chapters and see what the context is.
-
-
Anthony MN wrote:
lol.
Ok mister bible expert. Please explain the 'context' of the following verses;
20 But will you know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, offering up Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Do you see that faith did cooperate with his works and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the scripture was fulfilled, saying: Abraham believed God, and it was reputed to him to justice, and he was called the friend of God. 24 Do you see that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only?
-
In just WHAT CONTEXT does context even remotely matter to a Catholic, Anthony?
-
Everybody knows Catholics take verses OUT of context and hijack them for the pleasure of the Pope.
-
Is it possible that you can tell me how context even matters to a Catholic? since "Sola Scriptura" is one of the Catholic Church's favorite catch phrases for completely annihilating ANY Bible verse, whether IN OR OUT of context -- why do you demand 4GVN to *explain* the context?
-
OH WAIT! I get it. YOU as Catholic cannot 'explain' context of any verse you hijack ... so you naturally believe that any Bible Believing Christian is also incapable of explaining the context of any verse. That MUST be it.
Sadly, YOU, as Catholic, need the Pope to explain it for you - otherwise your doctrine completely confuses you.
OH WAIT...again! I am sure you know that any doctrine your church leaders cannot figure out they simply call a *mystery*? What a convenient side-step for the church! The church is quite expert in sidestepping issues, isn't it? They've danced around issues and things they call "mystery" for centuries.
-
-
But, out of concern for you and your ultimate salvation, I will attempt to explain to you what *works* actually are ... by showing you the example of the MASTER WORKER, Jesus Christ.(It's *SOLA*- pardon moi - from the *Scriptura*...so you most likely will not understand it or trust it as it is not filtered through the contorted lens of the Catholic Church - but you want scriptural *context* explained and the weapon I use to overturn the lies of the Catholic Church, is scripture, a.k.a. the Word of God - IN CONTEXT.

2 Corinthians 4:
4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 6 And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.
The following is how the MASTER WORKER, JESUS CHRIST, performed his works... Now, Anthony, I am sure YOU understand at least this much ... that WE as mere humans cannot work miracles as Jesus did - but we CAN follow closely in his footsteps AND PREACH THE GOOD NEWS OF THE KINGDOM. And I do believe that is what 4GVN is attempting to do. PREACH THE GOOD NEWS.
http://niv.scripturetext.com/matthew/4.htm
Matthew 4:
23 Jesus went throughout Galilee, TEACHING in their synagogues, PREACHING THE GOOD NEWS OF THE KINGDOM and healing every disease and sickness among the people. 24 News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed, and he healed them. 25 Large crowds from Galilee, the Decapolis,f Jerusalem, Judea and the region across the Jordan followed him.
PREACHING THE GOOD NEWS of the KINGDOM qualifies as *GOOD WORKS*- SANCTIONING TORTURE and MURDER of heretics and SHELTERING PEDOPHILES, DOES NOT qualify as good *works*----- can you see the difference?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

who="Truth"

Just explaining myself concerning the word 'POWER' in which we DO NOT receive this kind of power at baptism today....
Nothing to argue about...discussing the Word of God...any time...
I pray people will make the connection....

True, because this power comes with Holy Ghost baptism. "You SHALL receive power AFTER that the Holy Ghost comes upon you."
"Tarry...until you are endued with power."

KayMarie
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Then why do you believe that it is Jesus' sacrife PLUS works. Why is it Jesus (PLUS) anything?"
Ummm...you know all that stuff Jesus said we should do? I suppose I could say "thanks Jesus, you did it all, I don't have to do anything you said because I know you were just kidding and all you really wanted was for us to acknowledge that you saved us."
Is that what you mean by 'receive HIM'?
Your responses are beginning to make me think that perhaps you are a little dense.
Do you believe that 'everything' we do is about attainging salvation? Or is it about building a relationship?
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's put this little issue to rest. The Catholic Church, Fr. Dye and I say that baptism IS salvific. We say Jesus commanded baptism for salvation. We also say that WE DON'T KNOW for sure if unbaptized babies will go to heaven because the bible is silent on it.
You are right. The rcc and You at least(not so sure about Rob) do say that. The scriptures do not.
If Rob believed that they were indeed salvific, why did he say that it was 'probably unnecessary'? Salvific, but probably unnecessary?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

who="Clay"
(1)There are a few other things Jesus 'forgot' to tell the Apostles.
One was to compile a bible, print it, and pass it out to you guys to determine your own Christianity.

Answer: He managed to get someone to do this because we needed it. Thanks to whoever did it.

(2) Purgatory is biblical. It makes too much sense logically as well. Nothing unclean shall enter Heaven. If you so arrogantly think you're clean, then you're in for a rude awakening.

Answer: Jesus blood cleanses from sin...by faith. Confess your sin, and He will forgive and CLEANSE from ALL unrighteousness. I John 1:7-9.

(3) Why don't you keep it real with everybody. You're asking people to completely ignore the first 1,800 yrs of Christianity, and follow your take on it - based on what YOU think the bible is saying.

Answer: You miss the fact that I John was there from the beginning. For FIFTEEN HUNDRED YEARS YOU MISSED IT.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 394,041 - 394,060 of530,354
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••