Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,855
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#409085 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's put this little issue to rest. The Catholic Church, Fr. Dye and I say that baptism IS salvific. We say Jesus commanded baptism for salvation. We also say that WE DON'T KNOW for sure if unbaptized babies will go to heaven because the bible is silent on it.
You are right. The rcc and You at least(not so sure about Rob) do say that. The scriptures do not.
If Rob believed that they were indeed salvific, why did he say that it was 'probably unnecessary'? Salvific, but probably unnecessary?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#409086 Dec 13, 2012
who="Clay"
(1)There are a few other things Jesus 'forgot' to tell the Apostles.
One was to compile a bible, print it, and pass it out to you guys to determine your own Christianity.

Answer: He managed to get someone to do this because we needed it. Thanks to whoever did it.

(2) Purgatory is biblical. It makes too much sense logically as well. Nothing unclean shall enter Heaven. If you so arrogantly think you're clean, then you're in for a rude awakening.

Answer: Jesus blood cleanses from sin...by faith. Confess your sin, and He will forgive and CLEANSE from ALL unrighteousness. I John 1:7-9.

(3) Why don't you keep it real with everybody. You're asking people to completely ignore the first 1,800 yrs of Christianity, and follow your take on it - based on what YOU think the bible is saying.

Answer: You miss the fact that I John was there from the beginning. For FIFTEEN HUNDRED YEARS YOU MISSED IT.

KayMarie
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#409087 Dec 13, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Who elected you head of the Narrowing Field?I know a few 7th Day Adventists,and none of them are bound for hell,and you and I know there are many Catholics in heaven and going there as well.I don't think the Wesleyan,or Nazarenes,Church of God(Anderson,Indiana),Free Methodists,or whatever holiness church you belong to are the only ones that are bound for heaven.You should know better than to judge by affiliation.
Yep,' OLD PREACHER PERCY' takes it on himself to consigh many of us to hell. He even asked God to find a place in hess for Billy Grahm. The man is a total nut case. Have you eer heard a REAL preacher tell individuals that they are going to hell. I have to wonder about his own salvation. He certainly is meaner than a snake. And have you seen his picture? LOL

#409088 Dec 13, 2012
who="Truth"
Is this something that God/Jesus would say about His creation?
Hate is a mighty strong word.....
Does God hate us, 4GVN???
Hmmmmm.....
I thought it was SIN that God hates...

Didn't say that GOD hated him. He said his wife said that PEOPLE either hated or loved him, and then 4GN said that FOLKS ON HERE know which ones do or don't.

KM
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#409089 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so. Your typical response is to either ignore or belittle our proofs. You get angry and nasty when your proven to be mistaken about something. You strike me as they kind of person who would rather yell over people or plug your ears instead of engaging in a constructive conversation. That kind of response is typical of someone who has doubts and responds emotionally rather than logically.
I have told you what I believe, but you would rather tell me what I believe. Very well. If you think you have that ability, believe what you will.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409090 Dec 13, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Your responses are beginning to make me think that perhaps you are a little dense.
Do you believe that 'everything' we do is about attainging salvation? Or is it about building a relationship?
"Or is it about building a relationship?"

I think this is the kind of relationship Jesus wants with us.

31 And when the Son of man shall come in his majesty, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit upon the seat of his majesty. 32 And all nations shall be gathered together before him: and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left. 34 Then shall the king say to them that shall be on his right hand: Come, you blessed of my Father, possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat: I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink: I was a stranger, and you took me in: 36 Naked, and you covered me: sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me. 37 Then shall the just answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see you hungry and fed you: thirsty and gave you drink? 38 Or when did we see you a stranger and took you in? Or naked and covered you? 39 Or when did we see you sick or in prison and came to you? 40 And the king answering shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me. 41 Then he shall say to them also that shall be on his left hand: Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire, which was prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me not to eat: I was thirsty and you gave me not to drink. 43 I was a stranger and you took me not in: naked and you covered me not: sick and in prison and you did not visit me. 44 Then they also shall answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not minister to you? 45 Then he shall answer them, saying: Amen: I say to you, as long as you did it not to one of these least, neither did you do it to me. 46 And these shall go into everlasting punishment: but the just, into life everlasting
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#409091 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They said "Lord, Lord...", but didn't DO the will of the Father. That means simply professing faith and excluding good works isn't enough.
"On the last day' is a reference to judgement day. The teaching is quite simple that at that time it is too late. Everyone will see Christ face to face and of course be brought to the realization of thier error and the fate they have chosen. But it will be TOO LATE. CONTEXT , Anthony.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409092 Dec 13, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You are right. The rcc and You at least(not so sure about Rob) do say that. The scriptures do not.
If Rob believed that they were indeed salvific, why did he say that it was 'probably unnecessary'? Salvific, but probably unnecessary?
Trust me, Fr. Dye did say that and I can assure you he's baptizing lots of newborn babies. Since the Catholic Church does NOT say that unbaptized babies go to hell, Fr. Dye is perfectly within his right to give his opinion about the fate of babies who die before baptism.

#409093 Dec 13, 2012
who="_BobLoblah_" 04Dec12.....
......BobLobla is a Roman Catholic...
Ps:....and you 'smarge' are a fake and a schidt-for-brains.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Could have told you that. If you were a Protestant you would not use such ugly language.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409094 Dec 13, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>I have told you what I believe, but you would rather tell me what I believe. Very well. If you think you have that ability, believe what you will.
Here's what I believe and you tell me if I'm wrong. You are a Southern baptist. The SBC has a website that lays out their beliefs. You believe what they put on their website. You can paste something from their website or from someone who accepts the SBC doctrines.

I have no problem with that at all. I will gladly read through anything and everything you link. Why won't you give me the same consideration if you're really sincere in your beliefs?
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#409095 Dec 13, 2012
Patriot wrote:
It's about time Christians spoke up and demanded that our beliefs in the Bible be respected and our Bible and GOD be respected and stop being trampled on. You cannot partake of the table of GOD and the table of Satan. It is always said by Atheist and Homosexuals that Christians are trying to shove GOD down their throats but THEY are trying to shove there unbelief down OUR throats and trying to make us agree to call evil good and good evil.
Brilliant.

But you forgot Muslims, Jews, and Hindus. They should speak out as well.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409096 Dec 13, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Galatians 5:2 Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. 3 I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law. 4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. 5 For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.
Abraham did NOT become a believer because he was circumcised by the law.

He was already a believer in God when he was circumcised.

The Judaizers had completely reversed the relationship of circumcision and salvation given by God.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409097 Dec 13, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Truth"
Genesis 15:6
6 Abram believed the Lord, and he credited it to him as righteousness.
Did Abraham become a believer because he was circumcised???
No. Abraham was circumcised BECAUSE he was a believer.
KayMarie
Correct....

The Judaizers needed to get their facts straight between being circumcised by the law and salvation given by God!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#409098 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.
Ok mister bible expert. Please explain the 'context' of the following verses;
20 But will you know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, offering up Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Do you see that faith did cooperate with his works and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the scripture was fulfilled, saying: Abraham believed God, and it was reputed to him to justice, and he was called the friend of God. 24 Do you see that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only?
If your co-workers ask you if you have faith in Christ and you tell them you do, how will they be able to tell if your faith is sincere?

#409099 Dec 13, 2012
who="Clay"
Disagreements were common then and common now. This is why Christ established one leader to make such decisions. Otherwise, how would we know what is the correct teachings?
The Holy Spirit telling all of us individually?? Well, we know that can't be true.

This is why the written Word is so important. As you should know, SOME pope's/leaders get it wrong.

Yes, the Holy Spirit DOES tell us individually. Jesus said that He would do so. Sadly, some don't obey HIM...

KayMarie
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409100 Dec 13, 2012
who="Chuck"
Galatians 5:2 Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. 3 I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law. 4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. 5 For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.
This does not negate Abraham's faith which led him to obey God and be circumcised. THAT was the first (Old) covenant.
Note the 'in Christ' part of your reference, which says that neither circumcision nor uncircumcision is the basis for New Covenant faith.
The NEW covenant (testament) is based, not on circumcision, but on Jesus' sacrifice...circumcision of the heart.
KayMarie
Yes...

Paul's point was to show those who trust in the works of the law are obligated to keep all things in the law.

Deuteronomy 30:6-7

6 The Lord your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and LIVE.

7 The Lord your God will put all these curses on your enemies who hate and persecute you.

The Law could NOT save anyone...

We have been redeemed....

2 Corinthians 5:21

21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#409101 Dec 13, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Abraham did NOT become a believer because he was circumcised by the law.
when did I say he did?

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409102 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.
Ok mister bible expert. Please explain the 'context' of the following verses;
20 But will you know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, offering up Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Do you see that faith did cooperate with his works and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the scripture was fulfilled, saying: Abraham believed God, and it was reputed to him to justice, and he was called the friend of God. 24 Do you see that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only?
Words without works are worthless, useless to anyone!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#409103 Dec 13, 2012
who="_BobLoblah_" 04Dec12.....
......BobLobla is a Roman Catholic...
Ps:....and you 'smarge' are a fake and a schidt-for-brains.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Could have told you that. If you were a Protestant you would not use such ugly language.
KayMarie
Huh surely you was not agreeing with him about the SMARGE comment ?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409104 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They said "Lord, Lord...", but didn't DO the will of the Father. That means simply professing faith and excluding good works isn't enough.
YEP!!!

And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 10 hr cooldude 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 13 hr Crazy 8,687
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 14 hr Strel 83,885
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
Vatican infighting over NSW priest Dec 14 Rev Tony Abbott 4
Pope Condemns Homosexual Behavior (Dec '08) Dec 14 kent 10,604
Pope says 'paradise is open to all of God's cre... Dec 13 True Christian wi... 2
More from around the web