Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,705
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Pad

Rockford, IL

#409075 Dec 13, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>They deny it. Our rift was all over a Thanksgiving argument about a football game.LOL
Some families have rift over football teams,how sad! I could never put a picture of my wife and I on this forum,I would consider it a breach of sacred trust,besides we don't have any recent pictures.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#409076 Dec 13, 2012
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to prove a thing. It's up to you freakshow to prove god doesn't exsist.....his creation speaks for itself. Yet humans live only 80 years if lucky. How small, mere the knowledge gained.
Hey Makesure, that 'freadshow' thing really demonstrates your mastery of the english language. What are you, 12 years old?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409077 Dec 13, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Who elected you head of the Narrowing Field?I know a few 7th Day Adventists,and none of them are bound for hell,and you and I know there are many Catholics in heaven and going there as well.I don't think the Wesleyan,or Nazarenes,Church of God(Anderson,Indiana),Free Methodists,or whatever holiness church you belong to are the only ones that are bound for heaven.You should know better than to judge by affiliation.
Pad says..

..know there are many Catholics in heaven and going there as well.

Michael says.....why would any all loving God select your religious followers ONLY and no one else to enter into what you call heaven?

That is just arrogant wishful thinking.

Religion does nothing but divide our good people in our world, and your statement is right up there.

God has no religion. Right?

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409078 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I really don't. I don't respond to the trolls who paste garbage about Catholics or the Catholic Church. I know their agenda. They don't pretend to be charitable Christians. Kay does.
There are millions and millions of people in our world NON CHRISTIAN who have been extremely charitable, in many aspects.

What charitable works have you done that makes you so special Anthony?

Almost all the information I have posted about your roman catholic church have come right from catholic sources.

You have to grow up and accept the good with the bad.

You are a long way from that.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409080 Dec 13, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
___
Jud 1:3 Dearly beloved, taking all care to write unto you concerning your common salvation,
I was under a necessity to write unto you: to beseech you to contend earnestly for the faith once delivered to the saints.
Is your tirade against my wife .."contending for the faith?"..or is it a personal vendetta against an individual...
What she has posted is about an imperfect earthly organization...
that is by no means representing Jesus Christ, before the world
in its teachings, actions, or God's holiness.
Why are you venting your hatred toward her? and acting out your own personal inquisition ... here before the witnesses in this forum.
___
Just what is your goal...Would you not like to destroy her, if it were within your power?
1Pe_4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or a railer or coveter of other men's things.
1Jn_3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer. And you know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in himself.
Your wife is not some poor victim here. While she insists she's not a trouble maker, she continues to post unrelated stories about bad Catholics, second hand gossip from questionable sources, snide remarks about the pope, and crude observations about our practices that she clearly misunderstands.

If she doesn't want to be held accountable for her comments, she should keep them to herself or try going back to being the nice lady I originally thought she was. Reacting in anger and denial when someone tells you of your failts is not a Christian response. If she were admit her error, apologize and not keep doing it, I would never bring it up again.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#409081 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so. Your typical response is to either ignore or belittle our proofs. You get angry and nasty when your proven to be mistaken about something. You strike me as they kind of person who would rather yell over people or plug your ears instead of engaging in a constructive conversation. That kind of response is typical of someone who has doubts and responds emotionally rather than logically.
That pretty much sums it up. He has proven many times by his statements that he doesnt understand nor has he tried to. It is patently obvious he has not read the responses given his comments. It is clear however that he is the final authority as fallible guys like Luther got some stuff right and some stuff wrong, but not him. ;0 It is also apparent that some Protestants Jesus did not do enough to save them in his inconsistent doctrine of do nothing. They arent really saved like him and for sure none of the Catholics. Gotta run have a good day!

United States

#409082 Dec 13, 2012
4GVN wrote:
lol. No you have a problem with St James, because you do not understand the context it was written in. Perhaps if you would actually READ it, or at least the first couple of chapters and see what the context is.
-
-
Anthony MN wrote:
lol.
Ok mister bible expert. Please explain the 'context' of the following verses;
20 But will you know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, offering up Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Do you see that faith did cooperate with his works and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the scripture was fulfilled, saying: Abraham believed God, and it was reputed to him to justice, and he was called the friend of God. 24 Do you see that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only?
-
In just WHAT CONTEXT does context even remotely matter to a Catholic, Anthony?
-
Everybody knows Catholics take verses OUT of context and hijack them for the pleasure of the Pope.
-
Is it possible that you can tell me how context even matters to a Catholic? since "Sola Scriptura" is one of the Catholic Church's favorite catch phrases for completely annihilating ANY Bible verse, whether IN OR OUT of context -- why do you demand 4GVN to *explain* the context?
-
OH WAIT! I get it. YOU as Catholic cannot 'explain' context of any verse you hijack ... so you naturally believe that any Bible Believing Christian is also incapable of explaining the context of any verse. That MUST be it.
Sadly, YOU, as Catholic, need the Pope to explain it for you - otherwise your doctrine completely confuses you.
OH WAIT...again! I am sure you know that any doctrine your church leaders cannot figure out they simply call a *mystery*? What a convenient side-step for the church! The church is quite expert in sidestepping issues, isn't it? They've danced around issues and things they call "mystery" for centuries.
-
-
But, out of concern for you and your ultimate salvation, I will attempt to explain to you what *works* actually are ... by showing you the example of the MASTER WORKER, Jesus Christ.(It's *SOLA*- pardon moi - from the *Scriptura*...so you most likely will not understand it or trust it as it is not filtered through the contorted lens of the Catholic Church - but you want scriptural *context* explained and the weapon I use to overturn the lies of the Catholic Church, is scripture, a.k.a. the Word of God - IN CONTEXT.

2 Corinthians 4:
4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 6 And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.
The following is how the MASTER WORKER, JESUS CHRIST, performed his works... Now, Anthony, I am sure YOU understand at least this much ... that WE as mere humans cannot work miracles as Jesus did - but we CAN follow closely in his footsteps AND PREACH THE GOOD NEWS OF THE KINGDOM. And I do believe that is what 4GVN is attempting to do. PREACH THE GOOD NEWS.
http://niv.scripturetext.com/matthew/4.htm
Matthew 4:
23 Jesus went throughout Galilee, TEACHING in their synagogues, PREACHING THE GOOD NEWS OF THE KINGDOM and healing every disease and sickness among the people. 24 News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed, and he healed them. 25 Large crowds from Galilee, the Decapolis,f Jerusalem, Judea and the region across the Jordan followed him.
PREACHING THE GOOD NEWS of the KINGDOM qualifies as *GOOD WORKS*- SANCTIONING TORTURE and MURDER of heretics and SHELTERING PEDOPHILES, DOES NOT qualify as good *works*----- can you see the difference?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#409083 Dec 13, 2012
who="Truth"

Just explaining myself concerning the word 'POWER' in which we DO NOT receive this kind of power at baptism today....
Nothing to argue about...discussing the Word of God...any time...
I pray people will make the connection....

True, because this power comes with Holy Ghost baptism. "You SHALL receive power AFTER that the Holy Ghost comes upon you."
"Tarry...until you are endued with power."

KayMarie
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#409084 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Then why do you believe that it is Jesus' sacrife PLUS works. Why is it Jesus (PLUS) anything?"
Ummm...you know all that stuff Jesus said we should do? I suppose I could say "thanks Jesus, you did it all, I don't have to do anything you said because I know you were just kidding and all you really wanted was for us to acknowledge that you saved us."
Is that what you mean by 'receive HIM'?
Your responses are beginning to make me think that perhaps you are a little dense.
Do you believe that 'everything' we do is about attainging salvation? Or is it about building a relationship?
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#409085 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's put this little issue to rest. The Catholic Church, Fr. Dye and I say that baptism IS salvific. We say Jesus commanded baptism for salvation. We also say that WE DON'T KNOW for sure if unbaptized babies will go to heaven because the bible is silent on it.
You are right. The rcc and You at least(not so sure about Rob) do say that. The scriptures do not.
If Rob believed that they were indeed salvific, why did he say that it was 'probably unnecessary'? Salvific, but probably unnecessary?

#409086 Dec 13, 2012
who="Clay"
(1)There are a few other things Jesus 'forgot' to tell the Apostles.
One was to compile a bible, print it, and pass it out to you guys to determine your own Christianity.

Answer: He managed to get someone to do this because we needed it. Thanks to whoever did it.

(2) Purgatory is biblical. It makes too much sense logically as well. Nothing unclean shall enter Heaven. If you so arrogantly think you're clean, then you're in for a rude awakening.

Answer: Jesus blood cleanses from sin...by faith. Confess your sin, and He will forgive and CLEANSE from ALL unrighteousness. I John 1:7-9.

(3) Why don't you keep it real with everybody. You're asking people to completely ignore the first 1,800 yrs of Christianity, and follow your take on it - based on what YOU think the bible is saying.

Answer: You miss the fact that I John was there from the beginning. For FIFTEEN HUNDRED YEARS YOU MISSED IT.

KayMarie
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#409087 Dec 13, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Who elected you head of the Narrowing Field?I know a few 7th Day Adventists,and none of them are bound for hell,and you and I know there are many Catholics in heaven and going there as well.I don't think the Wesleyan,or Nazarenes,Church of God(Anderson,Indiana),Free Methodists,or whatever holiness church you belong to are the only ones that are bound for heaven.You should know better than to judge by affiliation.
Yep,' OLD PREACHER PERCY' takes it on himself to consigh many of us to hell. He even asked God to find a place in hess for Billy Grahm. The man is a total nut case. Have you eer heard a REAL preacher tell individuals that they are going to hell. I have to wonder about his own salvation. He certainly is meaner than a snake. And have you seen his picture? LOL

#409088 Dec 13, 2012
who="Truth"
Is this something that God/Jesus would say about His creation?
Hate is a mighty strong word.....
Does God hate us, 4GVN???
Hmmmmm.....
I thought it was SIN that God hates...

Didn't say that GOD hated him. He said his wife said that PEOPLE either hated or loved him, and then 4GN said that FOLKS ON HERE know which ones do or don't.

KM
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#409089 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so. Your typical response is to either ignore or belittle our proofs. You get angry and nasty when your proven to be mistaken about something. You strike me as they kind of person who would rather yell over people or plug your ears instead of engaging in a constructive conversation. That kind of response is typical of someone who has doubts and responds emotionally rather than logically.
I have told you what I believe, but you would rather tell me what I believe. Very well. If you think you have that ability, believe what you will.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409090 Dec 13, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Your responses are beginning to make me think that perhaps you are a little dense.
Do you believe that 'everything' we do is about attainging salvation? Or is it about building a relationship?
"Or is it about building a relationship?"

I think this is the kind of relationship Jesus wants with us.

31 And when the Son of man shall come in his majesty, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit upon the seat of his majesty. 32 And all nations shall be gathered together before him: and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left. 34 Then shall the king say to them that shall be on his right hand: Come, you blessed of my Father, possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat: I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink: I was a stranger, and you took me in: 36 Naked, and you covered me: sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me. 37 Then shall the just answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see you hungry and fed you: thirsty and gave you drink? 38 Or when did we see you a stranger and took you in? Or naked and covered you? 39 Or when did we see you sick or in prison and came to you? 40 And the king answering shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me. 41 Then he shall say to them also that shall be on his left hand: Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire, which was prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me not to eat: I was thirsty and you gave me not to drink. 43 I was a stranger and you took me not in: naked and you covered me not: sick and in prison and you did not visit me. 44 Then they also shall answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not minister to you? 45 Then he shall answer them, saying: Amen: I say to you, as long as you did it not to one of these least, neither did you do it to me. 46 And these shall go into everlasting punishment: but the just, into life everlasting
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#409091 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They said "Lord, Lord...", but didn't DO the will of the Father. That means simply professing faith and excluding good works isn't enough.
"On the last day' is a reference to judgement day. The teaching is quite simple that at that time it is too late. Everyone will see Christ face to face and of course be brought to the realization of thier error and the fate they have chosen. But it will be TOO LATE. CONTEXT , Anthony.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409092 Dec 13, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You are right. The rcc and You at least(not so sure about Rob) do say that. The scriptures do not.
If Rob believed that they were indeed salvific, why did he say that it was 'probably unnecessary'? Salvific, but probably unnecessary?
Trust me, Fr. Dye did say that and I can assure you he's baptizing lots of newborn babies. Since the Catholic Church does NOT say that unbaptized babies go to hell, Fr. Dye is perfectly within his right to give his opinion about the fate of babies who die before baptism.

#409093 Dec 13, 2012
who="_BobLoblah_" 04Dec12.....
......BobLobla is a Roman Catholic...
Ps:....and you 'smarge' are a fake and a schidt-for-brains.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Could have told you that. If you were a Protestant you would not use such ugly language.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409094 Dec 13, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>I have told you what I believe, but you would rather tell me what I believe. Very well. If you think you have that ability, believe what you will.
Here's what I believe and you tell me if I'm wrong. You are a Southern baptist. The SBC has a website that lays out their beliefs. You believe what they put on their website. You can paste something from their website or from someone who accepts the SBC doctrines.

I have no problem with that at all. I will gladly read through anything and everything you link. Why won't you give me the same consideration if you're really sincere in your beliefs?
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#409095 Dec 13, 2012
Patriot wrote:
It's about time Christians spoke up and demanded that our beliefs in the Bible be respected and our Bible and GOD be respected and stop being trampled on. You cannot partake of the table of GOD and the table of Satan. It is always said by Atheist and Homosexuals that Christians are trying to shove GOD down their throats but THEY are trying to shove there unbelief down OUR throats and trying to make us agree to call evil good and good evil.
Brilliant.

But you forgot Muslims, Jews, and Hindus. They should speak out as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey 8 hr Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Mon Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE