Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,665
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#409026 Dec 13, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church probably accepted some aspects of Evolution a hundred yrs ago. Why not?
True, they didn't publicly state it until recently, but that doesn't mean previous Popes and Bishops didn't accept it.
That's called "rationalization."

"Probably?" "Some aspects?" "... they didn't publicly state it?"

Here's some reality...

In 1907, Pope Plus X, condemned together with "Modernism", all the discoveries of modern science which are not approved by the Church

True, in the last 100 years, the RCC has become much more enlightened and supportive of (most) science. But you can't change the past -- which speaks directly to the title of this board.

RCC -- part of the oldest church, of course. Part of the founding church, yep. The only true church? Baloney.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#409027 Dec 13, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why would you reply?
Because you still haven't answered my question. Did mommy and daddy take you to the presbyteruan church and that's when someone at the church said something to upset you?
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#409028 Dec 13, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>14Dec12.....
.....so using your analogy that ALL priests are paedophiles, then because there's a 'rapist' in your family...dat makes you and
ALL yours Rapists.
Ps:....For the tens of thousands of Popes, Cardinals, Bishops, Priests, Monks, Brothers, Nuns, and serving members of the Clergy that have come down through the past 2000 years WHO were kind, honest, caring, compassionate (checkUP who is taking care of the lepers in the Leper Colony in Cuba..for example), dedicated, devoted, and helpful in countries frought with the disasters pertinent to Nature.....you 'Judge' a mere handful of monsters (BobLoblah says that anyOne who harms a child should be strungUP and shot)...you 'Judge' the WHOLE of the Roman Catholic Church on this.
.....so much for your analysis. You remain a pathetic schidt-for-brains. Phuck OFF.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Duh!!! It was and is the world-wide institutional cover-up.... of the largest such scandal in world history.

Hello? Jesus' solely appointed church, uniquely guided in faith and MORALS?

Not a chance. But we fell your pain in the tone of your posts. I'm sorry, it surely hurts.

But facts are facts. Jesus doesn't guide the RCC in morals. Jesus has no culpability in the world's largest child sex-abuse scandal.

In fact....

"... for ye shall judge them by their deeds."
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#409029 Dec 13, 2012
correction: we feel your pain

and may the Force be with you :o)
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#409030 Dec 13, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why would you reply?
Samething happened to Michael. He was raised in the catholic church with mommy and daddy and they'd teach him things that he thought were wrong and now it's God's fault. Imagine all the angry atheists out there that had the samething happen to them.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#409031 Dec 13, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I am a believer Orthodox. I was showing how weak the atheists argumenty are
You can neither prove or disprove the existence of a god or gods.

That's why they call it faith.

a deist
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409032 Dec 13, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Well you must be winning the debate because you have certainly mastered the name calling. Good-bye HOHO. lol
Its obvious HOJO struggles with his faith. I have never seen any poster so defensive and angry all the time whenever the catholic church and its leaders are mentioned for their wrong doings.

You have to take the good with the bad. He hasn't mastered that yet.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409033 Dec 13, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>We don't need you for that. All you do is post spam. We could do that without you. So you really aren't needed here.
I am here to educate you catholics who are ignorant of God's teaching.
lol........

lol........
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#409034 Dec 13, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Its obvious HOJO struggles with his faith. I have never seen any poster so defensive and angry all the time whenever the catholic church and its leaders are mentioned for their wrong doings.
You have to take the good with the bad. He hasn't mastered that yet.
Wrong again Michael, which is no surprise to me or any
Catholic on this forum. The "only" thing I struggle with is "putting up with" people like you and 4GVN"who have nothing better to do than (IN DESPERATION) continue to criticize, attack, condemn and spread their anti-catholic (hate & hostility) against "my own Catholic faith and the faith of other Catholic Christians who "know the TRUTH".---and ---that TRUE, has, is and will CONTINUE to remain in Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church. Continue to REMIND YOURSELF MICHAEL---- for over 2000 years, heretics, false teachers, agnostics and atheists have "come and gone"---YET---the CHURCH---the One True (Universal-Catholic) Church established by Jesus Christ HIMSELF--------"LIVES ON" ---and will continue to ---"LIVE ON"!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409035 Dec 13, 2012
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. If we were perfect, maybe, but then He is a God of love. Catholics, most religions teach hellfire to keep their congregation coming back. Sense eventually will rule the world over to end this crappy story.
FEAR and ETERNAL SALVATION are the greatest tools that was ever created by religion. EVERY! religion past and present, used these mechanisms to control the flock.

Without using FEAR/ETERNAL SALVATION as tools, religions wouldn't exist.

Life long FEAR should never take a foothold in ones conscience.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409036 Dec 13, 2012
<quoted text>----
Cowboy. I have posted a pic of myself and Seraphima
lol....cute!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409037 Dec 13, 2012
<quoted text>----
Cowboy. I have posted a pic of myself and Seraphima
.......and Bratt Pitt and Angelina Joilet have posted Your real pictures on their website dreaming of looking you and Seprihima.(lol)

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409038 Dec 13, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic on this forum. The "only" thing I struggle with is "putting up with" people like you and 4GVN"who have nothing better to do than (IN DESPERATION) continue to criticize, attack, condemn and spread their anti-catholic (hate & hostility) against "my own Catholic faith and the faith of other Catholic Christians who "know the TRUTH".---and ---that TRUE, has, is and will CONTINUE to remain in Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church. Continue to REMIND YOURSELF MICHAEL---- for over 2000 years, heretics, false teachers, agnostics and atheists have "come and gone"---YET---the CHURCH---the One True (Universal-Catholic) Church established by Jesus Christ HIMSELF--------"LIVES ON" ---and will continue to ---"LIVE ON"!
When something has been established as being wrong in the catholic church I will say so.

You haven't mastered accepting the truth when it occurs because you live in a fairy land of make believe that the church and its leaders have never done anything wrong.

Why would ANY God put his name on any church where worldwide scandals, corruption, lies, deceit, and coverups have occured........and you and everyone knows they have?

Why?

BUSTED!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409039 Dec 13, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe what you want! Who cares. You just have to understand that MOST others in our great world do not see the world according to you.

Your own Pope 14 months ago stated that AGNOSTICS have a better chance at going to the kingdom of heaven than do social catholics.

You are a social catholic. Sorry for the bad news!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409040 Dec 13, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Gal 3:6 So also Abraham “believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness".
Genesis 15:6

6 Abram believed the Lord, and he credited it to him as righteousness.

Did Abraham become a believer because he was circumcised???

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#409041 Dec 13, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
The nice thing about being anonymous is: We are all the same. You don't know if someone is old or young, sickly or healthy, male or female, black, brown, yellow or white, or anything else. We are all equal here.
If you are too old, too young, too sickly, or anything else, it is you that should not be here, for your own sake. I do not change because someone who is anonymous to me, makes a claim about themselves. You could very well be a healthy young boy, sitting on your mother's computer, acting out a part.
If you want treated special, stay out of the virtual world; stay off of public forums.
~~~

Common curtsey (which is ignored by some here) should prevail from the

one that post,(especially those that suppose to be Christians) and

are supposedly allowing Jesus Christ to represent Himself, to represent

Him self through them.

If their actions are other wise ...IT IS A SURE SIGN THAT THEY ARE HYPOCRITES, AND THEIR CARNAL NATURE IS RULING THEM.

(DOUAY TRANSLATION)

Jas 3:13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge, among you? Let him shew, by a good contestation, his work in the meekness of wisdom.

Jas 3:14 But if you have bitter zeal, and there be contention in your hearts: glory not and be not liars against the truth.

Jas 3:15 For this is not wisdom, descending from above: but earthly, sensual, devilish.

Jas 3:16 For where envying and contention is: there is inconstancy and every evil work.

----
Jas 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above, first indeed is chaste, then peaceable, modest, easy to be persuaded, consenting to the good, full of mercy and good fruits, without judging, without dissimulation.

Jas 3:18 And the fruit of justice is sown in peace, to them that make peace.

Jas_4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

----
F.B. Meyer commentary (DOUAY TRANSLATION)

Seek Wisdom from Above

Jam_3:13-18

The true wisdom is not the child of the intellect, but of the heart. It

consists not only in what we know, but in what we are. It is in this

sense that it is used in the earlier chapters of the book of Proverbs

and in Job_28:1-28. Some who profess to be wise are jealous and

factious, despising others and confident in their superiority. This

spirit and temper are from beneath.

Notice

this exquisite string of qualities-like a thread of pearls-that

characterize true wisdom:

First, pure; then peaceable-

this is God’s order, never peace at any price.

First the holy heart,

then the quiet and gentle one.

Mercy and good works follow,

“free from favoritism and insincerity”; and

as the peace-loving soul goeth through the world,

dropping the seeds of peace,

those seeds produce harvests of righteousness.

Those that in peace sow peace,

shall reap a harvest of righteousness,

the fruit of peace.

Such a springtime!

Such an autumn!

Isa 53:5 But

1.he was wounded for our iniquities,

2.he was bruised for our sins:

3.THE CHASTISEMENT OF OUR PEACE WAS UPON HIM/JESUS,

and

4.by his bruises we are healed.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#409042 Dec 13, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 4:16 That is why it depends on faith, in order that the promise may rest on grace and be guaranteed to all his offspring—not only to the adherent of the law but also to the one who shares the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#409043 Dec 13, 2012
Thursday, December 13, 2012
This Morning's Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon

----------

"Salt without prescribing how much."—Ezra 7:22.
ALT was used in every offering made by fire unto the Lord, and from its preserving and purifying properties it was the grateful emblem of divine grace in the soul. It is worthy of our attentive regard that, when Artaxerxes gave salt to Ezra the priest, he set no limit to the quantity, and we may be quite certain that when the King of kings distributes grace among His royal priesthood, the supply is not cut short by Him. Often are we straitened in ourselves, but never in the Lord. He who chooses to gather much manna will find that he may have as much as he desires. There is no such famine in Jerusalem that the citizens should eat their bread by weight and drink their water by measure. Some things in the economy of grace are measured; for instance our vinegar and gall are given us with such exactness that we never have a single drop too much, but of the salt of grace no stint is made, "Ask what thou wilt and it shall be given unto thee." Parents need to lock up the fruit cupboard, and the sweet jars, but there is no need to keep the salt-box under lock and key, for few children will eat too greedily from that. A man may have too much money, or too much honour, but he cannot have too much grace. When Jeshurun waxed fat in the flesh, he kicked against God, but there is no fear of a man's becoming too full of grace: a plethora of grace is impossible. More wealth brings more care, but more grace brings more joy. Increased wisdom is increased sorrow, but abundance of the Spirit is fulness of joy. Believer, go to the throne for a large supply of heavenly salt. It will season thine afflictions, which are unsavoury without salt; it will preserve thy heart which corrupts if salt be absent, and it will kill thy sins even as salt kills reptiles. Thou needest much; seek much, and have much.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#409044 Dec 13, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Galatians 5:2 Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. 3 I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law. 4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. 5 For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#409045 Dec 13, 2012
Bible Verse of the Day

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matthew 7:21-23 (KJV)

www.Christ.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 8 hr Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 10 hr pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... 10 hr PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••