Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,442
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#409044 Dec 13, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 15:6
6 Abram believed the Lord, and he credited it to him as righteousness.
Did Abraham become a believer because he was circumcised???
Galatians 5:2 Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. 3 I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law. 4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. 5 For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#409045 Dec 13, 2012
Bible Verse of the Day

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matthew 7:21-23 (KJV)

www.Christ.com
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#409046 Dec 13, 2012
Intercessory Prayer
13, 2012
... men always ought to pray and not lose heart —Luke 18:1

You cannot truly intercede through prayer if you do not believe in the reality of redemption. Instead, you will simply be turning intercession into useless sympathy for others, which will serve only to increase the contentment they have for remaining out of touch with God. True intercession involves bringing the person, or the circumstance that seems to be crashing in on you, before God, until you are changed by His attitude toward that person or circumstance. Intercession means to “fill up ...[with] what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ”(Colossians 1:24), and this is precisely why there are so few intercessors. People describe intercession by saying,“It is putting yourself in someone else’s place.” That is not true! Intercession is putting yourself in God’s place; it is having His mind and His perspective.

As an intercessor, be careful not to seek too much information from God regarding the situation you are praying about, because you may be overwhelmed. If you know too much, more than God has ordained for you to know, you can’t pray; the circumstances of the people become so overpowering that you are no longer able to get to the underlying truth.

Our work is to be in such close contact with God that we may have His mind about everything, but we shirk that responsibility by substituting doing for interceding. And yet intercession is the only thing that has no drawbacks, because it keeps our relationship completely open with God.

What we must avoid in intercession is praying for someone to be simply “patched up.” We must pray that person completely through into contact with the very life of God. Think of the number of people God has brought across our path, only to see us drop them! When we pray on the basis of redemption, God creates something He can create in no other way than through intercessory prayer.

Bible in One Year: Hosea 12-14; Revelation 4
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#409047 Dec 13, 2012
Wisdom from Oswald Chambers
Jesus Christ can afford to be misunderstood; we cannot. Our weakness lies in always wanting to vindicate ourselves. The Place of Help,

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#409048 Dec 13, 2012
who="Truth"
Genesis 15:6
6 Abram believed the Lord, and he credited it to him as righteousness.
Did Abraham become a believer because he was circumcised???

No. Abraham was circumcised BECAUSE he was a believer.

KayMarie

#409049 Dec 13, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Common curtsey (which is ignored by some here) should prevail from the
one that post,(especially those that suppose to be Christians) and
are supposedly allowing Jesus Christ to represent Himself, to represent
Him self through them.
If their actions are other wise ...IT IS A SURE SIGN THAT THEY ARE HYPOCRITES, AND THEIR CARNAL NATURE IS RULING THEM.
(DOUAY TRANSLATION)
Jas 3:13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge, among you? Let him shew, by a good contestation, his work in the meekness of wisdom.
Jas 3:14 But if you have bitter zeal, and there be contention in your hearts: glory not and be not liars against the truth.
Jas 3:15 For this is not wisdom, descending from above: but earthly, sensual, devilish.
Jas 3:16 For where envying and contention is: there is inconstancy and every evil work.
----
Jas 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above, first indeed is chaste, then peaceable, modest, easy to be persuaded, consenting to the good, full of mercy and good fruits, without judging, without dissimulation.
Jas 3:18 And the fruit of justice is sown in peace, to them that make peace.
Jas_4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
----
F.B. Meyer commentary (DOUAY TRANSLATION)
Seek Wisdom from Above
Jam_3:13-18
The true wisdom is not the child of the intellect, but of the heart. It
consists not only in what we know, but in what we are. It is in this
sense that it is used in the earlier chapters of the book of Proverbs
and in Job_28:1-28. Some who profess to be wise are jealous and
factious, despising others and confident in their superiority. This
spirit and temper are from beneath.
Notice
this exquisite string of qualities-like a thread of pearls-that
characterize true wisdom:
First, pure; then peaceable-
this is God’s order, never peace at any price.
First the holy heart,
then the quiet and gentle one.
Mercy and good works follow,
“free from favoritism and insincerity”; and
as the peace-loving soul goeth through the world,
dropping the seeds of peace,
those seeds produce harvests of righteousness.
Those that in peace sow peace,
shall reap a harvest of righteousness,
the fruit of peace.
Such a springtime!
Such an autumn!
Isa 53:5 But
1.he was wounded for our iniquities,
2.he was bruised for our sins:
3.THE CHASTISEMENT OF OUR PEACE WAS UPON HIM/JESUS,
and
4.by his bruises we are healed.
~~~

The Apostle Paul wrote..(DOUAY TRANSLATION)

2Co 10:2 But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence wherewith I am thought to be bold, against some who reckon us as if we walked according to the flesh.

2Co 10:3 ==> For though we walk in the flesh,

-->we do not war according to the flesh.

2Co 10:4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal

but

mighty to God, unto the pulling down of fortifications, destroying counsels,

2Co 10:5 And

every height that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God:

and bringing into captivity

every understanding unto the obedience of Christ:

2Co 10:6 And having in readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience shall be fulfilled.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409050 Dec 13, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9C-fRdCmzDkXX
lol. Been a long time since I've seen that movie.
truth

Perth, Australia

#409051 Dec 13, 2012
as well he know everything on front, you can't hide nothing..nothing at all..
Jesus Christ words is perfect.
How much perfect?

''they attacking you because of me, but you will endure''
''they do to me as well they doing to you''..

How many Lords you have sir?

''love your God with your mind and heart..don't have another God before me''..

#409052 Dec 13, 2012
who="Chuck"
Galatians 5:2 Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. 3 I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law. 4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. 5 For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.

This does not negate Abraham's faith which led him to obey God and be circumcised. THAT was the first (Old) covenant.

Note the 'in Christ' part of your reference, which says that neither circumcision nor uncircumcision is the basis for New Covenant faith.

The NEW covenant (testament) is based, not on circumcision, but on Jesus' sacrifice...circumcision of the heart.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409053 Dec 13, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Evidently you have nothing to say that gives any defense to
the fables and conjecture that your church and teaches propagates...
SO You would rather spend your time making personal accusations,
against a 79 year old lady..Right?
I don't know any 79 year old 'ladies' that spend their time spreading dirt about people on a public forum.
truth

Perth, Australia

#409054 Dec 13, 2012
he art every heart
when you make two heart how much procent there
as well when you make as art..did you know where is that on map..its so perfect describe..
if you make petals from two heart..how much you need
for 25 petals..
50 petals with two hearts is 100..if you connect pro-cent as art for every two heart..must stay sharp
how much as 25..
in line stay 100 heart
3x 100=300
if you put that geometric beautiful petals each connect with two beautiful heart..
no better love..before god throne left only 3 lovely heart father son and mother..
3x 300=900
33x 3 father son and mother
1000 thousand thousand thousand thousand thousand thousand thousand thousand
how much between 3 o'clock toward morning 6 o'clock

you can make anything in this geometric beautiful secret art..heart ..he art every heart..so beautiful innovation..nothing exist before this innovation..its just 1/4..
How much as humans we have here..nothing at all..?
nobody yet have that innovation..?
not money..no you can't have that for money..
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409055 Dec 13, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Then why do you believe that it is Jesus' sacrife PLUS works. Why is it Jesus (PLUS) anything?
You ARE NOT LISTENING.(and you think protestants don't understand what catholics believe) sigh.....
I have said MANY TIMES that there should be an outward evidence of the inward change. So you analogy is totally without merit.
BUT, it is just that. EVIDENCE. It is not in any way a part of attaining ones salvation.
It is NOT JESUS plus anything. It is JESUS PAID IT ALL. And ALL that He desires is for us to COME TO HIM in total honesty to Recieve HIM a our Lord and Saviour and our Salvation.
"Then why do you believe that it is Jesus' sacrife PLUS works. Why is it Jesus (PLUS) anything?"

Ummm...you know all that stuff Jesus said we should do? I suppose I could say "thanks Jesus, you did it all, I don't have to do anything you said because I know you were just kidding and all you really wanted was for us to acknowledge that you saved us."

Is that what you mean by 'receive HIM'?
truth

Perth, Australia

#409056 Dec 13, 2012
remember everything will be fall..angels as well demons..

Why is like that?
truth

Perth, Australia

#409057 Dec 13, 2012
go back where thousand thousand thousand years exist about what?
Are you pro-life
or
pro-death?

go back where life exist as well start..
truth

Perth, Australia

#409058 Dec 13, 2012
Jesus words is perfect.
remember his words

''infinite''

Please describe words ''infinite''..how much is that?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#409059 Dec 13, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text> lol. No you have a problem with St James, because you do not understand the context it was written in. Perhaps if you would actually READ it, or at least the first couple of chapters and see what the context is.
lol.

Ok mister bible expert. Please explain the 'context' of the following verses;

20 But will you know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, offering up Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Do you see that faith did cooperate with his works and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the scripture was fulfilled, saying: Abraham believed God, and it was reputed to him to justice, and he was called the friend of God. 24 Do you see that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only?

#409060 Dec 13, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know any 79 year old 'ladies' that spend their time spreading dirt about people on a public forum.
___
Jud 1:3 Dearly beloved, taking all care to write unto you concerning your common salvation,

I was under a necessity to write unto you: to beseech you to contend earnestly for the faith once delivered to the saints.

Is your tirade against my wife .."contending for the faith?"..or is it a personal vendetta against an individual...

What she has posted is about an imperfect earthly organization...
that is by no means representing Jesus Christ, before the world
in its teachings, actions, or God's holiness.

Why are you venting your hatred toward her? and acting out your own personal inquisition ... here before the witnesses in this forum.
___

Just what is your goal...Would you not like to destroy her, if it were within your power?

1Pe_4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or a railer or coveter of other men's things.

1Jn_3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer. And you know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in himself.
truth

Perth, Australia

#409061 Dec 13, 2012
Did Abraham need blessing?
According whom?!
Someone who is bless.
act 3;25
http://bible.cc/acts/3-25.htm
truth

Perth, Australia

#409062 Dec 13, 2012
I died long time ago?
Who save me and give life again?

''its written''
Who calculate..did Jesus know about that?
yes yes yes yes

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#409063 Dec 13, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who says that there is no god, says so because the chance that there is one, is very thin. But to say that the christian god, as described in the bible, doesn't exist, is easy. The bible proves that god does not exist.
If there is a god, he is not written about in any book that I know of.
With the universe being 13.75 billion years old and the Earth being only 4.5, that leaves a lot of time for another civilizations to evolve. Look how far we have come in the last 150 years. From horse and buggy to leaving our solar system.
I respect your right to believe as you wish, stay in the Iron Age as long as you like, just keep your beliefs where they belong.
They do not belong on public property, unless all groups can share the property.
They do not belong in our laws; such as Blue Laws. I know that we have a few in common; civilized people have had those few laws on their books long before your god spoke them to moses from a burn bush.
They do not belong in public schools to be taken as fact. The Earth is not 6 to 10,000 years old. A magical man did not poof everything into existence. There are no taking serpents or donkeys. There is no garden of eden that is guarded by some angels. So on and so forth.
{When I say that, I mean that there is no evidence for it and therefore should not be taken seriously by public educators.}
No one should say that there is definitely no god, or unicorns, or Santa, but it is right to say there is no evidence for any of these creatures, and there is no repeatable experiments, which can be preformed concerning these creatures. If you contend that any of these are true, then it is up to you to prove it. It is that simple.
I agree that there is no empirical evidence for the existence of God. This indeed is true.No problem.I am also cool protexting your rights to not be intruded upon by my beliefs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Gee-Tee 8,721
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence 15 hr QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web