Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603576 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#409018 Dec 13, 2012
Mick Scott wrote:
You expect this of Catholicsm
The priests spend too much time as paedophiles
Did Christ exist? Not a shred of proof
No what a minute! There is a 13th century shroud with the likeness of a 10th century roman on it! Isn't that proof enough for you?

There is an ossuary with the fake inscription on it!

There is a family tomb with all the names of jesus' family on the ossuaries. There is even one for jesus! One slighting odd fact, an ossuary was for the bones of the deceased. The body would lay in the tomb for a year, then the family would go in and collect the bones and put them in a special bone box. If jesus rose and there was no body, who made the ossuary for nothing? Oh well, you just have to have faith!
Clay

Chicago, IL

#409019 Dec 13, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly what Galileo Galilei said!
Hell, pope john paul II came right out and claimed that evolution is true! It only took the catholic 130 years to come around! That is much faster than it took them to admit that the Earth is not at the center of the universe!
One might say that the catholics are on the cutting edge of science!
The Church probably accepted some aspects of Evolution a hundred yrs ago. Why not?
True, they didn't publicly state it until recently, but that doesn't mean previous Popes and Bishops didn't accept it.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#409020 Dec 13, 2012
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is a mystery. The prophets and apostles saw clearly, that's why they died for their beliefs. You are a freakshow, you no doubt don't even know your way home from Sears......it's a mystery.
I love talking with atheist. I'm serious. I laugh every time at the smug, snide, sometimes cruel remarks.
It reminds me of that South Park episode with Richard Dawkins, "Go God Go". Hilarious.
And I chuckle because they're usually skinny pimple faced geeks online doing the trash talking. Lol

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#409021 Dec 13, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church probably accepted some aspects of Evolution a hundred yrs ago. Why not?
True, they didn't publicly state it until recently, but that doesn't mean previous Popes and Bishops didn't accept it.
And the Church probably didn't hurt anyone during the inquisitions an they probably helped millions of jews flee Germany in the late 1903's. Just because we haven't read about, doesn't mean that it is not true!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#409022 Dec 13, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see, I quote the bile and christians get pissy. I ask logical questions and the Christians get pissy. So what do they do? They insult, threaten, accuse me of all kinds of evil things and tell me that I am being closed minded. That's a Christian for ya!
14Dec12.....

.....and you 'blackieBleep' are a hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist.

Ps:....fulla schidt to the eyeballs.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#409024 Dec 13, 2012
Mick Scott wrote:
You expect this of Catholicsm
The priests spend too much time as paedophiles
Did Christ exist? Not a shred of proof
14Dec12.....

.....so using your analogy that ALL priests are paedophiles, then because there's a 'rapist' in your family...dat makes you and
ALL yours Rapists.

Ps:....For the tens of thousands of Popes, Cardinals, Bishops, Priests, Monks, Brothers, Nuns, and serving members of the Clergy that have come down through the past 2000 years WHO were kind, honest, caring, compassionate (checkUP who is taking care of the lepers in the Leper Colony in Cuba..for example), dedicated, devoted, and helpful in countries frought with the disasters pertinent to Nature.....you 'Judge' a mere handful of monsters (BobLoblah says that anyOne who harms a child should be strungUP and shot)...you 'Judge' the WHOLE of the Roman Catholic Church on this.

.....so much for your analysis. You remain a pathetic schidt-for-brains. Phuck OFF.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#409025 Dec 13, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Brad Pitt and Angelina Joli are really a beautiful couple,I thought maybe they are your children.LOL.
14Dec12.....

.....BobLoblah doesn't keepUP tooooooo much on the 'rich 'n famous'. They are only beggars that when put on a horse...rode to hell.

Ps:....Isn't Brad Bitt the one who began screwin' da arse of Angelina who phucked around with dozens in Hollywood while making her way to da top....and Brad was doin' her while STILL married to dat udder one (also a Tramp). Doesn't adultery and infidelity come to mind. What a role model this piece of schidt is.

Brad has a good head on 'em....toooo bad its on da tip of his prick.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#409026 Dec 13, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's called "rationalization."

"Probably?" "Some aspects?" "... they didn't publicly state it?"

Here's some reality...

In 1907, Pope Plus X, condemned together with "Modernism", all the discoveries of modern science which are not approved by the Church

True, in the last 100 years, the RCC has become much more enlightened and supportive of (most) science. But you can't change the past -- which speaks directly to the title of this board.

RCC -- part of the oldest church, of course. Part of the founding church, yep. The only true church? Baloney.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#409027 Dec 13, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why would you reply?
Because you still haven't answered my question. Did mommy and daddy take you to the presbyteruan church and that's when someone at the church said something to upset you?
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#409028 Dec 13, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>14Dec12.....
.....so using your analogy that ALL priests are paedophiles, then because there's a 'rapist' in your family...dat makes you and
ALL yours Rapists.
Ps:....For the tens of thousands of Popes, Cardinals, Bishops, Priests, Monks, Brothers, Nuns, and serving members of the Clergy that have come down through the past 2000 years WHO were kind, honest, caring, compassionate (checkUP who is taking care of the lepers in the Leper Colony in Cuba..for example), dedicated, devoted, and helpful in countries frought with the disasters pertinent to Nature.....you 'Judge' a mere handful of monsters (BobLoblah says that anyOne who harms a child should be strungUP and shot)...you 'Judge' the WHOLE of the Roman Catholic Church on this.
.....so much for your analysis. You remain a pathetic schidt-for-brains. Phuck OFF.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Duh!!! It was and is the world-wide institutional cover-up.... of the largest such scandal in world history.

Hello? Jesus' solely appointed church, uniquely guided in faith and MORALS?

Not a chance. But we fell your pain in the tone of your posts. I'm sorry, it surely hurts.

But facts are facts. Jesus doesn't guide the RCC in morals. Jesus has no culpability in the world's largest child sex-abuse scandal.

In fact....

"... for ye shall judge them by their deeds."
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#409029 Dec 13, 2012
correction: we feel your pain

and may the Force be with you :o)
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#409030 Dec 13, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why would you reply?
Samething happened to Michael. He was raised in the catholic church with mommy and daddy and they'd teach him things that he thought were wrong and now it's God's fault. Imagine all the angry atheists out there that had the samething happen to them.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#409031 Dec 13, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I am a believer Orthodox. I was showing how weak the atheists argumenty are
You can neither prove or disprove the existence of a god or gods.

That's why they call it faith.

a deist
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409032 Dec 13, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Well you must be winning the debate because you have certainly mastered the name calling. Good-bye HOHO. lol
Its obvious HOJO struggles with his faith. I have never seen any poster so defensive and angry all the time whenever the catholic church and its leaders are mentioned for their wrong doings.

You have to take the good with the bad. He hasn't mastered that yet.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409033 Dec 13, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>We don't need you for that. All you do is post spam. We could do that without you. So you really aren't needed here.
I am here to educate you catholics who are ignorant of God's teaching.
lol........

lol........
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#409034 Dec 13, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Its obvious HOJO struggles with his faith. I have never seen any poster so defensive and angry all the time whenever the catholic church and its leaders are mentioned for their wrong doings.
You have to take the good with the bad. He hasn't mastered that yet.
Wrong again Michael, which is no surprise to me or any
Catholic on this forum. The "only" thing I struggle with is "putting up with" people like you and 4GVN"who have nothing better to do than (IN DESPERATION) continue to criticize, attack, condemn and spread their anti-catholic (hate & hostility) against "my own Catholic faith and the faith of other Catholic Christians who "know the TRUTH".---and ---that TRUE, has, is and will CONTINUE to remain in Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church. Continue to REMIND YOURSELF MICHAEL---- for over 2000 years, heretics, false teachers, agnostics and atheists have "come and gone"---YET---the CHURCH---the One True (Universal-Catholic) Church established by Jesus Christ HIMSELF--------"LIVES ON" ---and will continue to ---"LIVE ON"!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409035 Dec 13, 2012
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. If we were perfect, maybe, but then He is a God of love. Catholics, most religions teach hellfire to keep their congregation coming back. Sense eventually will rule the world over to end this crappy story.
FEAR and ETERNAL SALVATION are the greatest tools that was ever created by religion. EVERY! religion past and present, used these mechanisms to control the flock.

Without using FEAR/ETERNAL SALVATION as tools, religions wouldn't exist.

Life long FEAR should never take a foothold in ones conscience.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#409036 Dec 13, 2012
<quoted text>----
Cowboy. I have posted a pic of myself and Seraphima
lol....cute!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409037 Dec 13, 2012
<quoted text>----
Cowboy. I have posted a pic of myself and Seraphima
.......and Bratt Pitt and Angelina Joilet have posted Your real pictures on their website dreaming of looking you and Seprihima.(lol)

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#409038 Dec 13, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again Michael, which is no surprise to me or any
Catholic on this forum. The "only" thing I struggle with is "putting up with" people like you and 4GVN"who have nothing better to do than (IN DESPERATION) continue to criticize, attack, condemn and spread their anti-catholic (hate & hostility) against "my own Catholic faith and the faith of other Catholic Christians who "know the TRUTH".---and ---that TRUE, has, is and will CONTINUE to remain in Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church. Continue to REMIND YOURSELF MICHAEL---- for over 2000 years, heretics, false teachers, agnostics and atheists have "come and gone"---YET---the CHURCH---the One True (Universal-Catholic) Church established by Jesus Christ HIMSELF--------"LIVES ON" ---and will continue to ---"LIVE ON"!
When something has been established as being wrong in the catholic church I will say so.

You haven't mastered accepting the truth when it occurs because you live in a fairy land of make believe that the church and its leaders have never done anything wrong.

Why would ANY God put his name on any church where worldwide scandals, corruption, lies, deceit, and coverups have occured........and you and everyone knows they have?

Why?

BUSTED!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 27 min Mr Sir 9,682
News Archbishop assails Trump over birthright citize... 2 hr Asian Guy 1
News Pope eases church rule on abortion forgiveness 8 hr Redeemed 30
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 13 hr Jaimie 84,426
News Pope: Priests in Holy Year can absolve - sin of... 14 hr Catholic24 8
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Aug 30 Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
More from around the web