Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,697)

Showing posts 393,921 - 393,940 of530,344
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Dust Storm wrote:
The Pope and his monkeys protect sodomizing predators in the Vatican. 124 are wanted in the US for sins upon youth. Catholics don't need any help, you did it yourselves....12 crusades, inquisitions and fearful stupid dogma of tradition which has nothing to do with worshiping God.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Historical research reveals five significant ways in which the Masoretic Text is different from the original Old Testament:

1.The Masoretes admitted that they received corrupted texts to begin with.

2.The Masoretic Text is written with a radically different alphabet than the original.

3.The Masoretes added vowel points which did not exist in the original.

4.The Masoretic Text excluded several books from the Old Testament scriptures.

5.The Masoretic Text includes changes to prophecy and doctrine.

The following suggest the existence of a large 1st-century Jewish community which accepted the Deuterocanon as inspired Scripture.

In three places, the Talmud explicitly refers to the book of Sirach as “Scripture”.

Jesus celebrated Hanukkah, a feast which originates in the book of 1 Maccabees, and nowhere else in the Old Testament.

The New Testament book of Hebrews recounts the stories of multiple Old Testament saints, including a reference to martyrs in the book of 2 Maccabees.

The book of Wisdom includes a striking prophecy of Christ, and its fulfillment is recorded in Matthew 27.

Numerous findings among the Dead Sea Scrolls suggest the existence of 1st century Jewish communities which accepted many of the Deuterocanonical books as authentic Scripture.

Many thousands of 1st-century Christians were converts from Judaism. The early Church accepted the inspiration of the Deuterocanon, and frequently quoted authoritatively from books such as Wisdom, Sirach, and Tobit. This early Christian practice suggests that many Jews accepted these books, even prior to their conversion to Christianity.

Ethiopian Jews preserved the ancient Jewish acceptance of the Septuagint, including much of its canon of Scripture. Sirach, Judith, Baruch, and Tobit are among the books included in the canon of the Ethiopian Jews.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM,those Rocky Mountains are beautiful,but I live in the Appalachian Mountains.
I live near Cumberland Gap,Tn.
Here's a link you can look at;
http://www.nps.gov/cuga/index.htm
We live in the tri state area,Ky,Tn. and Va.
Coal country.
Oh they are beautiful also FOL, do you have a lot of snow.
I was born in Minto a coal mining town in St.John, N.B. Canada I lived in Vancouver B.C. for awhile.
2 weeks after we left Mount St.Helens blew. I saw that movie Dante's Peak and that is all I thought about when I was there LOL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>and a beautiful picture of you both it is! We will soon be posting one of us!....
----

Cowboy. I have posted a pic of myself and Seraphima

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Who doesn't love Otis? So, anyone who disagrees with you is a bully? When a radical muslin tries to convince you that jesus was just a prophet, you are going to be kind and agreeable?
you dont deserve an answer from me...go play in the Fort Bridge tube
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Jesus is Lord - Bible Quiz........

Q: After Jephthah was victorious in battle, what sacrifice did he burn on the altar, as he had vowed to Jesus?

A: His virgin daughter (Judges 11:30-39)

Why Jesus?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>and a beautiful picture of you both it is! We will soon be posting one of us!....
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>----
Cowboy. I have posted a pic of myself and Seraphima
Is there a little broke back mountain going on here or did you forget to change your login? I mean, you are not talking to cowboy, you replied to your husband! LOL!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Free Mind wrote:
Jesus is Lord - Bible Quiz........
Q: After Jephthah was victorious in battle, what sacrifice did he burn on the altar, as he had vowed to Jesus?
A: His virgin daughter (Judges 11:30-39)
Why Jesus?
It just goes to show what a person who really loves god will do! If you are not willing to sacrifice your child to god, then you ain't a good christian. Just a poser.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
lol, it seems that anything that I do is kinda controvisal, including putting our picture up on this forum, but actually the picture was on another forum and I hadnt signed out when I came back on here.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Yes, Jesus taught castration.

No, Jesus was not talking about celibacy.

No one claims many problem with the translations.
There were entire monastic orders, and church choirs in need of sopranos known as "castrati" based on this teaching of Jesus.

"But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given. For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs from the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it." (Matthew 19:11-12)

GOOD NEWS!!!

Thanks to modern medical science, most should have no problem accepting it -- if they truly had faith.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Is there a little broke back mountain going on here or did you forget to change your login? I mean, you are not talking to cowboy, you replied to your husband! LOL!
What is your problem.Hermi is my husband and he is human as humans make mistakes..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree with you there. There's no pretense in your desire to be spiteful, you do it for all to see.
~~~

Evidently you have nothing to say that gives any defense to

the fables and conjecture that your church and teaches propagates...

SO You would rather spend your time making personal accusations,

against a 79 year old lady..Right?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, it seems that anything that I do is kinda controvisal, including putting our picture up on this forum, but actually the picture was on another forum and I hadnt signed out when I came back on here.
I like it...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>What is your problem.Hermi is my husband and he is human as humans make mistakes..
Oh! I got it now! LOL! Sorry. It could happen to anyone! After all, he did reply to you and cowboy has been accused of changing his name a few times. Maybe I should change mine too. So many people claiming to be christians do it so often that I cannot keep up with who is who.

So, humans make mistakes and should be forgiven. Interesting. Odd how only christians believe that they should be forgiven, but they have the toughest time forgiving others. I wonder if jesus ever talked about noticing the log in your own eye before bitching about the speck in someone else's eye.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
Yes, Jesus taught castration.
No, Jesus was not talking about celibacy.
No one claims many problem with the translations.
There were entire monastic orders, and church choirs in need of sopranos known as "castrati" based on this teaching of Jesus.
"But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given. For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs from the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it." (Matthew 19:11-12)
GOOD NEWS!!!
Thanks to modern medical science, most should have no problem accepting it -- if they truly had faith.
But doesn't the bible say, "“No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the LORD."?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I like it...
thank you, it is kinda nice to see what people look like after talking to them for years.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! I got it now! LOL! Sorry. It could happen to anyone! After all, he did reply to you and cowboy has been accused of changing his name a few times. Maybe I should change mine too. So many people claiming to be christians do it so often that I cannot keep up with who is who.
So, humans make mistakes and should be forgiven. Interesting. Odd how only christians believe that they should be forgiven, but they have the toughest time forgiving others. I wonder if jesus ever talked about noticing the log in your own eye before bitching about the speck in someone else's eye.
Larimer Ave

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I like it...
thank you, it is kinda nice to see what people look like after talking to them for years.

and to reassure people that I really dont have horns coming out of my head.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
But doesn't the bible say, "“No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the LORD."?
dont worry about it, when you find that old tent that the Isralites used thousands of years ago, they will let you in.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Evidently you have nothing to say that gives any defense to
the fables and conjecture that your church and teaches propagates...
SO You would rather spend your time making personal accusations,
against a 79 year old lady..Right?
The nice thing about being anonymous is: We are all the same. You don't know if someone is old or young, sickly or healthy, male or female, black, brown, yellow or white, or anything else. We are all equal here.

If you are too old, too young, too sickly, or anything else, it is you that should not be here, for your own sake. I do not change because someone who is anonymous to me, makes a claim about themselves. You could very well be a healthy young boy, sitting on your mother's computer, acting out a part.

If you want treated special, stay out of the virtual world; stay off of public forums.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 393,921 - 393,940 of530,344
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••