Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,227
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#408965 Dec 12, 2012
icxc wrote:
<quoted text>Larimer Ave
OK, Maple Street.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#408966 Dec 12, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>dont worry about it, when you find that old tent that the Isralites used thousands of years ago, they will let you in.
What in the hell does that mean?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#408967 Dec 12, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Evidently you have nothing to say that gives any defense to
the fables and conjecture that your church and teaches propagates...
SO You would rather spend your time making personal accusations,
against a 79 year old lady..Right?
lets look at that word "lady".

The word lady is a civil term of respect for a woman, specifically the female equivalent to, or spouse of, a gentleman or lord, and in many contexts a term for any adult woman. Once confined to usage when specifically addressing women of high social class or status; over the last 300 years, the term has spread to embrace every adult woman.

now we cana rule out you being a gentleman or lord

and we can rule out a woman of high social class or status, women married to trash collectors usually cant be considered in the high echelon of society.

and since she has reached the age of accountability at 79, she really shouldnt be caught lying by Anthony constantly.

so the consensus shows that she isnt qualified to be called a lady.

SORRY !!!GONG!!!!!!

Location hidden

#408968 Dec 12, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What in the hell does that mean?
I am certain that you will figure it out someday.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#408969 Dec 12, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
It just goes to show what a person who really loves god will do! If you are not willing to sacrifice your child to god, then you ain't a good christian. Just a poser.
I see you are not familiar with Kirkegaard
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408970 Dec 12, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How can I give actual 'evidence'?
I'm relying on you to search the truth yourself.
Ever since I came on Topix. No. Ever since I became a Catholic by choice, I've researched countless claims by you guys. And every one doesn't seem to add up.
I suggest you kneel down and pray about it. Honestly, that's all I can say.
There IS historical evidence out there...
Where do you do your research?

Location hidden

#408971 Dec 12, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Is there a little broke back mountain going on here or did you forget to change your login? I mean, you are not talking to cowboy, you replied to your husband! LOL!
I posted to my wife so that Cowboy, whom I addressed could see the continuity between her post and mine.I hope this is helpful to your concerns

Location hidden

#408972 Dec 12, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! I got it now! LOL! Sorry. It could happen to anyone! After all, he did reply to you and cowboy has been accused of changing his name a few times. Maybe I should change mine too. So many people claiming to be christians do it so often that I cannot keep up with who is who.
So, humans make mistakes and should be forgiven. Interesting. Odd how only christians believe that they should be forgiven, but they have the toughest time forgiving others. I wonder if jesus ever talked about noticing the log in your own eye before bitching about the speck in someone else's eye.
==========

Axiom: Poster makes error and apologizes
Therefore: Poster is claiming Christians and only Christians shoukld be forgiven

Axion: Poster quotes Bible
Therefore: Poster proves he is credible in exposition of thwe Bible.

Axion: Poster does not believe in Jesus
Therefore: Poster quotes nonexistent entity.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408973 Dec 12, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we certainly weren't talking about idiot Catholic college staff supporting the Marxist president. Kay likes to throw out as much dirt on bad Catholics as she can when she has no response to the challenges posited by the Catholics here.
And I'm here to educate you protestants who are ignorant of Catholic teaching . Why are you here?
We don't need you for that. All you do is post spam. We could do that without you. So you really aren't needed here.
I am here to educate you catholics who are ignorant of God's teaching.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#408974 Dec 12, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
A chance that there is a being out there far more advanced the us? There is a 100% certainty! Would we call them Gods? More than likely. Especially 3,000+ years ago. Is there the god that is described in the Bible? No.
Based on what you just said... You're closer to Catholicism than you realize.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#408975 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you do your research?
Books. I love to read and learn. I'm a history nut.

But not all theology. My first love is American History.
Anyway, it comes down to who is the author and why. At least, that's my experience.

The Internet is always the best start.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#408976 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Nasty little 'bird brain' aren't you. lol
Only against "bible only" anti-catholic heretics, such as you 4GVN, who deceives yourself as you attempt to deceive others.
For you, "name calling" is the ONLY "sure fire thing" that you can rely upon as you are "desperately" trying to keep your "bible only boat" from sinking, deeper, than it already has!!!!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#408977 Dec 12, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I like it...
thank you, it is kinda nice to see what people look like after talking to them for years.
and to reassure people that I really dont have horns coming out of my head.
Your just to darn UGLY to be Satan himself. More like his right hand dominion fits you.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#408978 Dec 12, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on what you just said... You're closer to Catholicism than you realize.
It should be said Black Sheep, that the Catholic Church will Acknowledge that God it a mystery.
Salvation is a mystery.
The Holy Eucharist is a mystery.
We don't have all the answers. In fact, no Christian should claim they do.
One thing I admire about the Catholic Church is how they embrace science. They view science as a great tool to look into the window of God.

Location hidden

#408979 Dec 12, 2012
Epistemology- Study of knowledge, incl how we know something

A:I know there is no God.

How do you know this

A Its not up to me to prove. You said God exists. Its up to you to prove it.

You are stating that you know something. You know there is no God. How do you know it?
We do not claim that reason or science is the way we know God.We base our belief on faith.

A:I and noone else has ever seen God

If this is true have you seen every planet or star. Therefore any planet or star you have not seen does not exist.

The Bible says to beat your slave.

Location hidden

#408980 Dec 12, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Your just to darn UGLY to be Satan himself. More like his right hand dominion fits you.
I may be ugly on the outside,

but I know that you are ugly on the inside.

AND WHAT IS FUNNY, IS THAT MY LOOKS ONLY BOTHERS YOU, LTM AND 4BDN.

and I only gotta live with this mug of mine for a few more years at best, and I will get a new Glorifed body,

YOU HOWEVER WILL LIVE WITH YOUR BLACK SOUL IN HELL FOREVER.

Location hidden

#408981 Dec 12, 2012
you two are a beautiful couple.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408982 Dec 12, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't not believe that Christ's sacrifice was lacking anything. He made salvation possible. Before, it was impossible. By God's grace and Jesus's sacrifice on the cross, I have the free will to obey Jesus and win my crown. He did not however create puppets. If nothing need be done by any of His creation He would have just waived His hand and the whole human race would have been saved for all eternity.
I, on the other hand, feel truly sorry for anyone who thinks saying the sinner's prayer one day 20 years ago means he's got the golden ticket to heaven no matter what. That is not the gospel preached by Jesus and the apostles.
Then why do you believe that it is Jesus' sacrife PLUS works. Why is it Jesus (PLUS) anything?
You ARE NOT LISTENING.(and you think protestants don't understand what catholics believe) sigh.....
I have said MANY TIMES that there should be an outward evidence of the inward change. So you analogy is totally without merit.
BUT, it is just that. EVIDENCE. It is not in any way a part of attaining ones salvation.
It is NOT JESUS plus anything. It is JESUS PAID IT ALL. And ALL that He desires is for us to COME TO HIM in total honesty to Recieve HIM a our Lord and Saviour and our Salvation.

Location hidden

#408983 Dec 12, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I may be ugly on the outside,
but I know that you are ugly on the inside.
AND WHAT IS FUNNY, IS THAT MY LOOKS ONLY BOTHERS YOU, LTM AND 4BDN.
and I only gotta live with this mug of mine for a few more years at best, and I will get a new Glorifed body,
YOU HOWEVER WILL LIVE WITH YOUR BLACK SOUL IN HELL FOREVER.
You 2 are a very good looking couple.I hope one day we get to know you both after Seraphima's probation is up and she is allowed to leave the state.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408984 Dec 12, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. You're problem is with St. James, he used the example of Abraham to illustrate the necessity of good works.
lol. No you have a problem with St James, because you do not understand the context it was written in. Perhaps if you would actually READ it, or at least the first couple of chapters and see what the context is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Married in 8,868
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
Pope Francis alters Philippines visit because o... Jan 17 TheRealOzzy 2
More from around the web