Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 545,100
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#408914 Dec 12, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you have changed your name again.
I have inlarged my fonts, that is how I am able to see the post now, so stop yelling at me you are hurting my eyes.

YOU CAN GO BACK TO EARLY PART OF THIS FORUM , SAY AROUND 675 AND YOU WILL SEE MY NICK OF ATEMCOWBOY, SO QUIT LYING.

Location hidden

#408915 Dec 12, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
And i'm sure what he said was a lie anyway, blessings to you.
LIKE i SAID, IF YOU KNEW WHAT WE WERE EMAILING EACH OTEHR ABOUT, YOU WOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF.

well maybe not you. but almost everyone else would be.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#408916 Dec 12, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Suppose I give you links from independent historians or maybe even the President of Israel, stating that the official Jewish Canon of scripture was not established until 70 yrs after Christianity began - under the direction of Rabbi Akiba.
Would you then accept it? Nope.
We know from the Dead Sea Scrolls, that at least one Jewish community, regarded the 7 books as scripture.
We know that the official Jewish canon did not. Why? Because Christians were using those 7 books as scripture. The Jews wanted to distance themselves from the Christian community.
Fast forward to the 16th century and you will see how Martin Luther participated in Satans finest hour by snatching countless souls from the Church - with a couple false doctrines and LESS Bible - and no Eucharist!
Clay
Peace

One of the interesting aspects of the Qumran caves, sealed up in 68 A.D., is that fragment 7Q5 is from the Book of Mark. So to add to your argument, "Why didn't the Jews cannonize that Book?"

In other words, as you say, the Jews when they did cannonize their books, did not want anything of Jesus being the fulfillment of prophecy....

By the way, I heard there were other fragments of N.T., scripture in the Qumran caves....Honestly, I will have to research this out a bit. But the implications are profound, that all the dating thusfar of N.T. books and the "theories" as to when they were written, are wrong. This would really trash a lot of theories....

Also, the Septuagint was the scripture used during the time of Jesus, Greek was the language of the day, and it had been since about 300 years B.C. When one bases their arguments that they are going by Hebrew Scriptures, such an argument becomes faulty....

If one goes by Jewish cannonization, it was a process of about 400 years, from 200BC to 200AD...So why didn't they include the Deterocanonicals? For the same reason they did not put in the N.T.
They point to Jesus, as the Messiah in a "strong" way.

And of course that includes strong support of Catholic teachings....So Luther wants his cake and eats it too....He rejected("ate") the Deuterocanonicals that point to Jesus, to "have" his "religion"....

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#408917 Dec 12, 2012
towncrier wrote:
Some Protestants have been known to say that all the Apostles are equal, with St. Peter having no authority over them. Looking at the verses just referenced above, Our Lord clearly bestowed this right on St. Peter for the good of the Church; to avoid schisms like we see in the Protestant churches today!
All the apostles were equal. Christ is the foundation cornerstone. Ephesians 2:20,21...acts 4:8-11..........False religion teaches Peter to be the cornerstone, when he was just another apostle.
Senile Old Fool

Santa Cruz, CA

#408918 Dec 12, 2012
Ho Ho Ho
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#408919 Dec 12, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay
Peace
One of the interesting aspects of the Qumran caves, sealed up in 68 A.D., is that fragment 7Q5 is from the Book of Mark. So to add to your argument, "Why didn't the Jews cannonize that Book?"
In other words, as you say, the Jews when they did cannonize their books, did not want anything of Jesus being the fulfillment of prophecy....
By the way, I heard there were other fragments of N.T., scripture in the Qumran caves....Honestly, I will have to research this out a bit. But the implications are profound, that all the dating thusfar of N.T. books and the "theories" as to when they were written, are wrong. This would really trash a lot of theories....
Also, the Septuagint was the scripture used during the time of Jesus, Greek was the language of the day, and it had been since about 300 years B.C. When one bases their arguments that they are going by Hebrew Scriptures, such an argument becomes faulty....
If one goes by Jewish cannonization, it was a process of about 400 years, from 200BC to 200AD...So why didn't they include the Deterocanonicals? For the same reason they did not put in the N.T.
And of course that includes strong support of Catholic teachings....So Luther wants his cake and eats it too....He rejected("ate") the Deuterocanonicals that point to Jesus, to "have" his "religion"....
Thank you very much for that info. The actual Dead Sea Scrolls came to the Science Museum of MN last year and I missed it. I confess, I only recently been interested, thanks to a presentation I heard from a former Protestant Minister, Dr. John Bergsma.
God bless.
Anthony MN

United States

#408920 Dec 12, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
You can post stories about crappy Catholics all you want Sapphira. Do it in every one of your posts, I really don't care. Just don't pretend you're not doing it to stir up strife.
I don't pretend anything.
KayMarie
I have to agree with you there. There's no pretense in your desire to be spiteful, you do it for all to see.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#408921 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text> And how do we know that? You give no evidence. Just your opinion. You are wasting my time.
How can I give actual 'evidence'?

I'm relying on you to search the truth yourself.

Ever since I came on Topix. No. Ever since I became a Catholic by choice, I've researched countless claims by you guys. And every one doesn't seem to add up.
I suggest you kneel down and pray about it. Honestly, that's all I can say.
There IS historical evidence out there...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#408922 Dec 12, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Brother, you are headed straight to Hell.
But Jesus loves you.
...I never believed that an all loving God would send imperfect souls to a make believe place called Hell to burn for all eternity because they missed sunday mass once and forgot to repent for it.

makes no common sense.

BUSTED!

Anthony MN

United States

#408923 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Really? What is the discussion at hand? Posts on this thread are all over the map. What is the discussion at hand? And what are you here for?
Well, we certainly weren't talking about idiot Catholic college staff supporting the Marxist president. Kay likes to throw out as much dirt on bad Catholics as she can when she has no response to the challenges posited by the Catholics here.

And I'm here to educate you protestants who are ignorant of Catholic teaching . Why are you here?

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#408924 Dec 12, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
For the Christian, God is the Creator.(Gen 1:1)
For the New Ager, Gnostic, God is the Creation...
I get it....lol.
So go and talk to the air, earth, water, and fire, and see what your god says. I will stay with the Bible as the standard....
...and disregard those passages int he Bible, "because they aren't pertinent anymore".

Why do you cherry pick out of context?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#408925 Dec 12, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How can I give actual 'evidence'?
I'm relying on you to search the truth yourself.
Ever since I came on Topix. No. Ever since I became a Catholic by choice, I've researched countless claims by you guys. And every one doesn't seem to add up.
I suggest you kneel down and pray about it. Honestly, that's all I can say.
There IS historical evidence out there...
I have done a lot of research, far more than the average christian, and I come up this; I am 99.9999% sure that there is no god.

There is hysterical evidence of many, but no real evidence of a god.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#408926 Dec 12, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you know me as Preston. I used this nick when I first came on here and I reverted back to it.
wanted to show people that I am a happily married man with a wonderful wife,
like you.
and a beautiful picture of you both it is! We will soon be posting one of us!....

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#408927 Dec 12, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
...and disregard those passages int he Bible, "because they aren't pertinent anymore".
Why do you cherry pick out of context?
Everyone of them believe that the holy spirit is guiding them, telling them not to worry about 90% of the bible! How many of them have told me that the ot is not to be taken literally, then they quote the ot and say that I should take that part literal.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#408928 Dec 12, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay
Peace
Interesting I did not know that Robert. I know that originally they were denying it and their was a lot of debate about realeasing what they had. Originally I had heard they could not read them to to their fragile nature, which in part is true. However on quick google search I came up with this article which has some interesting tidbits. Mikey will be very upset. lol

The scroll also describes the Messiah as a "leader of the community" who was "put to death." This reference pointing clearly to the historical Jesus of Nazareth is creating shock waves for liberal scholarship that previously assumed that the Gospel account about Jesus was a myth. Jesus is the only one who ever claimed to be the Messiah who was crucified. The genealogies recorded in both Matthew and Luke's Gospels, reveal that Jesus was the only one who could prove by the genealogical records kept in the Temple that He was the lineage of King David as the "Son of Jesse." Since the tragic destruction of the Temple and its records in A.D. 70 it would be impossible for anyone else to ever prove their claim to be the Messiah based on their genealogical descent from King David. Additionally, the scroll identified the Messiah as "the sceptre" which probably refers to the Genesis 49:10 prophecy, "The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be." This scroll confirms the historical truthfulness of the New Testament record about Jesus and His crucifixion. The evidence from the scroll suggests that the Jewish Essene writer acknowledged that Jesus of Nazareth was the "suffering Messiah" who died for the sins of His people.

...When we consider the total amount of evidence that confirms the biblical record about Jesus of Nazareth we can have confidence that we know more about the life and resurrection of Christ than we know about any other person in the ancient world. God has not left us in darkness concerning the truthfulness of the miracles, prophecies and teaching of His Son, Jesus Christ.

http://www.grantjeffrey.com/article/article1....
Clay

United States

#408929 Dec 12, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I have done a lot of research, far more than the average christian, and I come up this; I am 99.9999% sure that there is no god.
There is hysterical evidence of many, but no real evidence of a god.
Soooo, what you're saying is...there IS a CHANCE!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#408930 Dec 12, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi FOL. I was thinking about you and your Rocky Mountains the other morning, it was so beautiful here with all the new fallen snow. I was picturing them in my mind. Me and my Husband drove through the Rockies back in the 70's we rent a cabin for the night when we woke this huge mountian was right in front of us it was breath taken.
LTM,those Rocky Mountains are beautiful,but I live in the Appalachian Mountains.

I live near Cumberland Gap,Tn.

Here's a link you can look at;

http://www.nps.gov/cuga/index.htm

We live in the tri state area,Ky,Tn. and Va.

Coal country.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#408931 Dec 12, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen here, Mr. Location hidden, if Mrs. Location hidden doesn't want to partake in a public discussion, have Mrs. Location hidden stay out of a public forum.
Yeah, it is that simple.
Obviously, christians believe that they own public places, from the Courthouse lawns or the internet.
You have a right to believe as you wish and we Christains have our rights also.But your rudeness and bullying is unbecoming for someone as yourself who is trying to portray himself to be intelligent.Try alittle tenderness and you will get alot further.My location is hidden thats true but I am closer than you think...lol
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#408932 Dec 12, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Very correct. And thanks for the input.
I used Luther because he's better known.
Every Jewish community prior to 90Ad had their own canon of scripture. The Christians -in a round about way - forced the Jews to establish one set.
Luther, basically sided with the Jews of 90 A.D instead of The Christians of 33 A.D.
I just do not find the evidence there was any notion of any Jewish canon which asserts completion until those in Jamnia did, yet as a point of fact they were not followed by all Jews. And as I said the Saducees one could say did fix it sola scriptura style for the first 5 books misinterpreting do not add to this book. Yes Luther did, but I have never seen any indication that the Apostles who were devout Jews had a notion of a closed Canon, and Paul would not have quoted pagans. Furthermore we see writings that were Holy tradition which were not in the OT. I.E. Janus and Jambree the magicians in Pharos court. The "Chair of Moses which Jesus refers to.

It is pretty much a certainty they used the Septuigant, so where are there objections? Why would the Holy Spirit guide a Jewish council which rejected Christ and books that Christians were obviously quoting and using to proclaim Christ?
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#408933 Dec 12, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo, what you're saying is...there IS a CHANCE!
LOL...Thse IOU'S are all good!:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 47 min Married in 8,331
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 12 hr TheRealOzzy 14
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) 14 hr Delilahblue 171
Catholic Church the only body 'effectively acti... 16 hr Nulli Secundus 1
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Mon Sherlayne 21
Catholics react to pope remarks on gays, abortion (Sep '13) Mon Gapin Garrika 12
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Sep 26 KidlatNgayon 88

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE