Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,855
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

Chicago, IL

#408863 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>The books were 'officially' added at the Council of Trent, some 1500 years after thier writing. WHY was this done at the Council of Trent, and why 1500 yrs. after the fact. And why right after the start of the Protestandt Reformation? Please save your incindiary comments, and lets deal with the facts.
I told you why. You don't wanna hear it.

Luther was going around spreading lies about the Bible. That was one of the reasons why the Church held council. To MAKE IT CLEAR TO THE FOLKS the truth. They reiterated what the books are. History proved that the Church was correct.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#408864 Dec 12, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you have changed your name again.
I have not jumped on you , I have been avoiding you like the plague.
Every morning I go on that site and post the bible verse of the day. Once again you assume I sent you a personal post, but hey they say convict either makes us sad, mad , or glad.
Guess which one applies to you ??
And you do look like Larry King.
I have inlarged my fonts, that is how I am able to see the post now, so stop yelling at me you are hurting my eyes.
LTM..........look at his picture he has posted. He looks just like Larry King.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#408865 Dec 12, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
So Preston isn't a Christian or saved then right? Faith Alone wasn't cutting it? I have to wonder since you have called him Satan numerous times if he was one of those who never really got saved but could know for sure.
BOOHGA BOOHBA!!
Clay

Chicago, IL

#408866 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Post the evidence. Don't just make unsubstantiated claims.
I'm not doing your homework for you!

Research it yourself. Heck, Google "did the catholic church add 7 books to the bible at the Council of Trent".
I know the truth already. Its you who needs to search for it.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#408867 Dec 12, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
TO THE TOPIC OF THIS BOARD......
Where's the beef.
What evidence does anyone have that Roman Catholics have a better chance of being saved than non-Roman Catholics?
http://www.agapebiblestudy.com/documents/Is%2...
Do RC-majority countries have lower crime rates?
Nope.
Do RC-majority countries have fewer problems with drugs?
Nope.
Has the RCC consistently displayed an advanced or enlightened sense of morality?
Give us a break. Historically, even without the largest child sex-abuse cover-up in world history, the RCC has NOT been a leader in enlightened morality. The RCC fought all types of human rights movements, before accepting and promoting.
A one-true church should be a moral leader, not a moral laggard.
The claim is 100% busted.
Embarassing scandal after scandal, secret documents from the Pope about THE infighting going on between cardinals and bishops in the vatican, The pope calling 47,000 nuns radical feminists........yet the pope often shows his own feminine side and soft manerisms. Who is he to judge?

Where is the BEEF!

BUSTED!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#408868 Dec 12, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
Stirring up trouble again Kay?
A leopard can never change her spots.
You can call me names, and accuse me of stirring up trouble...
But if I report a news item, I have stirred up trouble???
What is wrong with the truth?
:)
KayMarie
Do you work for the AP now? No, the liberal and heterodox "Catholic" professors who work in the liberal so-called Catholic colleges (and who are being examined by the Church to see if they are worthy of the title "Catholic"), do not represent the Church and most of the world's Catholic. Your reporting was not a topic being discussed and it was just another one of your little jabs. As I said, before you were a nice lady, now you're acting the part of Sapphira very well.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#408869 Dec 12, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you know me as Preston. I used this nick when I first came on here and I reverted back to it.
wanted to show people that I am a happily married man with a wonderful wife,
like you.
Hey...there you are! And there's Cathie!! Very nice picture. You look much like I imagined you would and Cathie is adorable. You both look very happy and make a lovely couple.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#408870 Dec 12, 2012
who="4GVN"But the fact is that 'ABRAHAM DID NOT SACRIFICE HIS SON', so the 'work' was not done. So the salvation was 'by FAITH'.

Rom 4:1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?
Rom 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
Rom 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
Rom 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#408871 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>As has been stated repeatedly, if you believe this you are forced to be lieve that each 'good work' you do somehow contributes to the 'FINISHED' WORK OF JESUS ON THE CROSS. wHICH IS TO BELIEVE THAT THERE WAS SOMETHING LACKING in what Jesus did. We must somehow 'add to' that finished work. WE must 'earn' by OUR 'good works' what scripture says is Paid in Full. I truely feel sorry for anyone who believes this. It is not the GOSPEL of grace but 'another Gospel'.
Your problem is with Jesus and St. James. Faith is not enough, you need works too, as Jesus and James said. Luther tried to remove James from the canon, calling it an epistle of straw. I think you'd like to get rid of it too.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408872 Dec 12, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not doing your homework for you!
Research it yourself. Heck, Google "did the catholic church add 7 books to the bible at the Council of Trent".
I know the truth already. Its you who needs to search for it.
It is not 'my homework'. You are the one making the argument. Show what you base it on. Otherwise all you are offering is an opinion. Yours is a pretty silly post.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#408873 Dec 12, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
A true Christian would forgive you.
I know! But I haven't found one yet?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#408874 Dec 12, 2012
Infighting! Corruption! Conflict of interest contracts.......within the vatican? Say it isn't so?

OH NO!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/02...

OH NO!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/04/world/europ...

One true church they say.........(LOL)

Unbelievable!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#408875 Dec 12, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see, I quote the bile and christians get pissy. I ask logical questions and the Christians get pissy. So what do they do? They insult, threaten, accuse me of all kinds of evil things and tell me that I am being closed minded. That's a Christian for ya!
I didn't accuse you of anything sweetheart. You were taken to the presbyterian church at a young age, they said something that upet you, and now you're mad at God.

You're not close minded...you're just angry.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#408876 Dec 12, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you why. You don't wanna hear it.
Luther was going around spreading lies about the Bible. That was one of the reasons why the Church held council. To MAKE IT CLEAR TO THE FOLKS the truth. They reiterated what the books are. History proved that the Church was correct.
It was a litte more than Luther, but he opened the can of Chaos. The Sadducees did not believe anything beyond the first 5 books were scripture. I guess certain Jews added a bunch at the council of Jamnia in 90AD. They took some out according to other Jews who include those today. They all reject Jesus.

Forget the Fathers who quoted from them. Forget that Christians were using them to proclaim Christ. Forget that even Luther put them in an appendix and at least one version of the KJV had references linking the NT to the old. It drives the KJV onlyists nuts. They promote the idea ignorantly that because something was declared it suddenly appeared and was never taught nor believed. It is the most pathetic and weak argument ever, but they use it over and over. Yet when they make a statement of faith when protestants challenge each other on their doctrines, it was not just declared at that moment. That dog don't hunt.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#408877 Dec 12, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You are probably not surprised by how many people will not even address those points, because they are afraid of the honesty it brings up.
Self.
I see that! They get quite angry with me for even bringing them up. They say nasty things to me and then accuse me of being nasty! LOL! I have been accused of lying, even though I am quoting straight from the bible!

I guess when you are a 'true christian' you can say and do was you wish!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#408878 Dec 12, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your problem is with Jesus and St. James. Faith is not enough, you need works too, as Jesus and James said. Luther tried to remove James from the canon, calling it an epistle of straw. I think you'd like to get rid of it too.
Anthony says....

...Your problem is with Jesus and St. James. Faith is not enough, you need works too.

Michael says...Faith is not enough???....How about the truth?

Vatican infighting, corruption, power struggles, secret documents, conflict of interest contracts.

This is the one true church Anthony??

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/04/world/europ...

sometimes the truth hurts! but it must be told.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#408879 Dec 12, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
Do you work for the AP now? No, the liberal and heterodox "Catholic" professors who work in the liberal so-called Catholic colleges (and who are being examined by the Church to see if they are worthy of the title "Catholic"), do not represent the Church and most of the world's Catholic. Your reporting was not a topic being discussed and it was just another one of your little jabs. As I said, before you were a nice lady, now you're acting the part of Sapphira very well.

Are you an editor with the power to decide what is discussed?

KM
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#408880 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>As has been stated repeatedly, if you believe this you are forced to be lieve that each 'good work' you do somehow contributes to the 'FINISHED' WORK OF JESUS ON THE CROSS. wHICH IS TO BELIEVE THAT THERE WAS SOMETHING LACKING in what Jesus did. We must somehow 'add to' that finished work. WE must 'earn' by OUR 'good works' what scripture says is Paid in Full. I truely feel sorry for anyone who believes this. It is not the GOSPEL of grace but 'another Gospel'.
No, I don't not believe that Christ's sacrifice was lacking anything. He made salvation possible. Before, it was impossible. By God's grace and Jesus's sacrifice on the cross, I have the free will to obey Jesus and win my crown. He did not however create puppets. If nothing need be done by any of His creation He would have just waived His hand and the whole human race would have been saved for all eternity.

I, on the other hand, feel truly sorry for anyone who thinks saying the sinner's prayer one day 20 years ago means he's got the golden ticket to heaven no matter what. That is not the gospel preached by Jesus and the apostles.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#408881 Dec 12, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that! They get quite angry with me for even bringing them up. They say nasty things to me and then accuse me of being nasty! LOL! I have been accused of lying, even though I am quoting straight from the bible!
I guess when you are a 'true christian' you can say and do was you wish!
Sheep.........don't worry, they hate anyone not associated with their cause. Born by CHANCE only! into the one true church.

Sad isn't it?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#408882 Dec 12, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't accuse you of anything sweetheart. You were taken to the presbyterian church at a young age, they said something that upet you, and now you're mad at God.
You're not close minded...you're just angry.
I guess you were another one Born by CHANCE! only into the one true church..........to become what your parents demanded you become........just like them!

BUSTED!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 9 hr cooldude 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 12 hr Crazy 8,687
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 13 hr Strel 83,885
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
Vatican infighting over NSW priest Dec 14 Rev Tony Abbott 4
Pope Condemns Homosexual Behavior (Dec '08) Dec 14 kent 10,604
Pope says 'paradise is open to all of God's cre... Dec 13 True Christian wi... 2
More from around the web