Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,189
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408842 Dec 12, 2012
Percy, perhaps if you would just confess your sin you would feel better about yourself and overcome the need to attack others to make you feel better about yourself.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#408843 Dec 12, 2012
TO THE TOPIC OF THIS BOARD......

Where's the beef.

What evidence does anyone have that Roman Catholics have a better chance of being saved than non-Roman Catholics?

http://www.agapebiblestudy.com/documents/Is%2...

Do RC-majority countries have lower crime rates?

Nope.

Do RC-majority countries have fewer problems with drugs?

Nope.

Has the RCC consistently displayed an advanced or enlightened sense of morality?

Give us a break. Historically, even without the largest child sex-abuse cover-up in world history, the RCC has NOT been a leader in enlightened morality. The RCC fought all types of human rights movements, before accepting and promoting.

A one-true church should be a moral leader, not a moral laggard.

The claim is 100% busted.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408844 Dec 12, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
OSAS is a false and dangerous doctrine. Not all who claim to be Christians will be saved.
Teaching that one becomes a christian when someone poors water over thier head as an infant is a false and dangerous doctrine. Even ROB(the priest) agreed with that.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#408845 Dec 12, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
ATTEMCOWBOY says..... you know me as Preston!
....attemcowboy, Preston, who cares!!
You look just like LARRY KING!
Although there is a slight ressemblance you should not be insulting Larry like that.

Larry looks more like Tweety Bird and Persy an Ostrich !!!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#408846 Dec 12, 2012
Cathy the Catholic says: let's cut the crap and go back to burning protestants as heretics & witches!
Clay

Chicago, IL

#408847 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry to again disagree, Clay, but I believe it is quite truthful. Surprisedyou can't see it.
You're saying the Roman Catholic Church- at the council of Trent- added the 7 books to the Bible?

No 4gvn that's just not true.

The thing that puzzles me is that I know you know it. for some reason you feel your hands are washed because you can show the Church making an announcement at that time. It makes no sense why you have to be deceitful to yourself and everyone who will listen. That's not right.

Again, the Church REITERATED what Pope Damaseus already established as official scripture
1,200 yrs earlier- when the New Testament was compiled.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#408848 Dec 12, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
Cathy the Catholic says: let's cut the crap and go back to burning protestants as heretics & witches!
Cathy adds: them were the good ole days and the torture sex was phenomenal!
Clay

Chicago, IL

#408849 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
Percy, perhaps if you would just confess your sin you would feel better about yourself and overcome the need to attack others to make you feel better about yourself.
Well, I think it would be a good idea if you confessed your sin. You bore false witness against the Catholic Church (and Catholics) regarding the Council of Trent.
Then again, you already think you're forgiven no matter what ya do, so I suppose its pointless to ask God to forgive you..
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408850 Dec 12, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're saying the Roman Catholic Church- at the council of Trent- added the 7 books to the Bible?
The thing that puzzles me is that I know you know it. for some reason you feel your hands are washed because you can show the Church making an announcement at that time. It makes no sense why you have to be deceitful to yourself and everyone who will listen. That's not right.
Again, the Church REITERATED what Pope Damaseus already established as official scripture
Post the evidence. Don't just make unsubstantiated claims.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408851 Dec 12, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I think it would be a good idea if you confessed your sin. You bore false witness against the Catholic Church (and Catholics) regarding the Council of Trent.
Then again, you already think you're forgiven no matter what ya do, so I suppose its pointless to ask God to forgive you..
Then what is your point? Are you just talking to your self?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#408853 Dec 12, 2012
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>YOU WERE SO QUICK TO JUMP ON ME OVER MY ALLEDGED ATTACKS ON ORVILLE THAT NEVER TOOK PLACE, WHY ARE YOU SO SILENT ON THIS PEVERT (4BDN)WHO JUST TALKS SO FILTHY TO HOJO ?
CAPS SO u CAN READ THEM WITH YOUR SUPPOSEDLY POOR EYESIGHT.
I see you have changed your name again.
I have not jumped on you , I have been avoiding you like the plague.
Every morning I go on that site and post the bible verse of the day. Once again you assume I sent you a personal post, but hey they say convict either makes us sad, mad , or glad.
Guess which one applies to you ??
And you do look like Larry King.
I have inlarged my fonts, that is how I am able to see the post now, so stop yelling at me you are hurting my eyes.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#408854 Dec 12, 2012
marge wrote:
I saw him write something about Karen that i'm sure she never saw, she should know better by now...
Marge,I have made my peace.

It doesn't matter what he has said about me.
No need to dredge it all back up.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#408855 Dec 12, 2012
who="atemcowboy" Mitt Romney's claim in a campaign ad that President Barack Obama "sold Chrysler to Italians who are going to build Jeeps in China" earned PolitiFact's "Lie of the Year," the site announced on Wednesday.
"The Jeep ad was brazenly false," Angie Drobnic Holan wrote in her analysis.
The Romney campaign ran the ad in the final weeks of the campaign, drawing sharp rebukes from the automakers and public condemnation from the Obama campaign.
Romney first claimed Jeep was moving to China in a late October campaign speech in Ohio, citing "reports," which he later identified in his ad as a story by Bloomberg News.
But Chrysler immediately rejected the claim, saying the company was reviewing adding production in China, not moving production out of the United States. Chrysler also noted that the Bloomberg story was misinterpreted.
It appeared that the false interpretation was initially made by the Washington Examiner's Paul Bedard, who wrote about the Bloomberg story Oct. 25. Bedard's claim was then circulated by the Drudge Report.
Democrats, including the Obama campaign, used Romney's decision to stand by the false claim against him, attacking Romney's honesty.
"After Romney's false claim of Jeep outsourcing to China, Chrysler itself has refuted Romney's lie," an announcer read in an Obama campaign ad that painted Romney as "wrong on Ohio jobs."
PolitiFact suggested Wednesday that the ad was partly responsible for Romney's loss.
"People often say that politicians don't pay a price for deception, but this time was different: A flood of negative press coverage rained down on the Romney campaign, and he failed to turn the tide in Ohio, the most important state in the presidential election," Holan wrote.

Romney was fed false information propaganda...wrong country. Auto city (Detroit) is falling on its face, but Brazil and Argentina now have Ford and GM American auto plants...paid for with U.S. tax money.

Detroit News:
South of the equator, Ford and GM prosper.

Zoom
Detroit News Auto Writer Bryce Hoffman and photographer John T. Greilick visited Brazil and Argentina to research this series on the South American auto boom and how it's affecting lives in both hemispheres.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/99999999/A...

KayMarie
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#408856 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>PERCY,PERCY, PERCY. Why do you continue with your lies? If you are not lying, show where I have talked 'filthy' to HOHO. I have never, and would never ask "May God find him a place in hell." No christian would. But you did with Billy Grahm.
4gvn, this man is totally paranoid, everything I post he thinks I am posting directly at him.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408857 Dec 12, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The books were 'officially' added at the Council of Trent, some 1500 years after thier writing. WHY was this done at the Council of Trent, and why 1500 yrs. after the fact. And why right after the start of the Protestandt Reformation? Please save your incindiary comments, and lets deal with the facts.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#408858 Dec 12, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge,I have made my peace.
It doesn't matter what he has said about me.
No need to dredge it all back up.
Hi FOL. I was thinking about you and your Rocky Mountains the other morning, it was so beautiful here with all the new fallen snow. I was picturing them in my mind. Me and my Husband drove through the Rockies back in the 70's we rent a cabin for the night when we woke this huge mountian was right in front of us it was breath taken.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#408859 Dec 12, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>PERCY,PERCY, PERCY. Why do you continue with your lies? If you are not lying, show where I have talked 'filthy' to HOHO. I have never, and would never ask "May God find him a place in hell." No christian would. But you did with Billy Grahm.
So Preston isn't a Christian or saved then right? Faith Alone wasn't cutting it? I have to wonder since you have called him Satan numerous times if he was one of those who never really got saved but could know for sure.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#408860 Dec 12, 2012
Wed, December 12, 2012
An Undeserved Gift
Previous
The Essential Message of Christmas But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
Who is on your gift list this Christmas? Usually, we give gifts to family and friends. We want to buy gifts for people we love and people we care about. We tend to give gifts to those who treat us well, people who are kind and considerate to us. And often we will give gifts in return for gifts that we have received. Some of us will even buy gifts for our pets.

However, we generally don't buy gifts for our enemies, do we? We don't give a gift to the person who has slandered us in the past year. We don't give a gift to the irate neighbor who never has a kind word to say. We don't give a gift to someone who has tried to run us out of business. Nor do we send a gift to the thief who stole the car stereo last month.

But think about this: when God sent Jesus Christ, His Son, and gave us this ultimate gift, He gave it to us while we were still His enemies. The Bible tells us, "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8). We did nothing whatsoever to merit or deserve this gift. In fact, what we really deserve is judgment, because we all have sinned against God. We all have deliberately crossed that line.

The amazing truth of Christmas is that, in spite of our sins, God sent His Son to save us. In that tiny manger in Bethlehem, He gave us an undeserved gift. TODAY'S RADIO PROGRAM:
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#408861 Dec 12, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Although there is a slight ressemblance you should not be insulting Larry like that.
Larry looks more like Tweety Bird and Persy an Ostrich !!!
(lol) THANKS! You take the pressure off of me. Larry!... I mean Preston will now start posting negatively to you.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#408862 Dec 12, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I was going to type a really biting insult but I will restrain myself. It is impossible to dialogue with you. t is impossible to debate with you. I have only so much time in this life and am sorry but cannot engage in a dialogue that is not a dialogue. I tried. I learn from dialogue with others here.I leaern from more study.Many of the questions you raise are answered by theology.I am sorry but there is no need to convince you.I wish you well.
Let's see, I quote the bile and christians get pissy. I ask logical questions and the Christians get pissy. So what do they do? They insult, threaten, accuse me of all kinds of evil things and tell me that I am being closed minded. That's a Christian for ya!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Jesus saves 8,717
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Tue Jeff Brightone 1
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Tue USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Tue woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web