Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
393,621 - 393,640 of 533,572 Comments Last updated 12 min ago

Since: Sep 12

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>Pay attention, this is where your logic fails.

The laws you quoted are from imperfect men, the laws I quoted are from a perfect god.

Speaking of god's laws, are you breaking any? Daily even? Yet you are not concerned with that! Why is that? If god and his judgment is so important to you, why do you not care that you are breaking his laws?
How do you know he broke Gods laws? Are you God? If not who are you to tell him he is a doing wrong?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

who="TheBlackSheep"
So now we are at the bottom of it! "God's Truth" What is "God's Truth" and who knows it? Every christian fully believes that they are on the inside track to what god requires, yet there are how many different sects?
The one true sect should be able to prove that they are truly the one, right? If faith can move mountains, why can't the one true or the 10 true or the 100 true sects have their follower put their faith together and move the mountain of false information?
Everyone of those thousand of christian sects want to be right! If they are wrong about something that will send them to hell, they want to be corrected while there is still time, right? Maybe not all of them, but I would hope the majority of them would.
So, why not use the faith you have to move the mountain?
Because you know full well that no amount of faith will move a mustard seed, let alone a mountain. You know it, but you are terrified of saying it, even to yourself!
Believe me, I thought it was fake from the age of 12 or so, but I was afraid to say anything! All these adults who took care of me, who taught me the things I needed to grow up, were telling me that christianity was real! I must be missing something, I thought! Everyone I knew was a christian. Everyone I knew attended church on a regular basis!
It took me until I read the entire bible to finally admit that I did not believe. There is no way that a god would save Ham knowing what he would do. There is no way that god would put the forbidden tree and the serpent in the garden with adam and eve, knowing full well that they would fail. There is no way god would save Lot, knowing that he would get drunk and impregnate his own daughters. There is no way that a god would require animal sacrifices. There is no way that god would force a woman to marry her rapist.
If that is what you believe, fine! I joined the Army to ensure our rights were not taken away from us. Just stop trying to put your religion in our public schools and government.

In spite of the lies currently going around, AMERICAN SCHOOLS AND GOVERNMENT WERE ESTABLISHED FOR THE PROTECTION OF CHRISTIANS. They are not the property of unbelievers. Through the grace of Christians, every person is welcome to live here and worship as they please. But please note that EVERYONE OF EVERY RELIGION has been obligated to keep our laws that are based on Judeo/Christian principles...right out of the Bible.

Sorry, kid. You are too late to tell me that faith doesn't work. I was told that I would not live due to rheumatic fever when I was three years old; when I lived anyway, they said I would never have a family. I am 79 years old. I have nine children. I danced away from crutches at church one night. I was supposed to be on them for four to five months (I had used them ONE WEEK), I never saw them again.
We've never gone hungry...and we didn't lean on food stamps or welfare. And that is just for starters...God keeps His own.

The reason my faith will not cause everyone to believe the truth, is the fact that people each have free will...including you. You deliberately reject what I have told you because YOU DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE...and that is YOUR freewill. God will not force you to do/believe anything. Why? Because He is showing you what YOU really are.

All of us who are Christian are in a process of learning from Him. Some of us are 'children'; some are more mature. It is a process...and God gives us a lifetime to fulfill it.

Lots daughters thought that they and their father were the only living people left...all the cities around them were burning. They determined to make their father drunk...then have children by him, so that mankind would not die out. They knew that he would not have done such a thing.

Out of room...

KayMarie

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>Help me understand this:

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
You don't want to understand if you did you would have already. You are lost and do not want to be found. None are so blind as those who refuse to see.

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>So now we are at the bottom of it! "God's Truth" What is "God's Truth" and who knows it? Every christian fully believes that they are on the inside track to what god requires, yet there are how many different sects?

The one true sect should be able to prove that they are truly the one, right? If faith can move mountains, why can't the one true or the 10 true or the 100 true sects have their follower put their faith together and move the mountain of false information?

Everyone of those thousand of christian sects want to be right! If they are wrong about something that will send them to hell, they want to be corrected while there is still time, right? Maybe not all of them, but I would hope the majority of them would.

So, why not use the faith you have to move the mountain?

Because you know full well that no amount of faith will move a mustard seed, let alone a mountain. You know it, but you are terrified of saying it, even to yourself!

Believe me, I thought it was fake from the age of 12 or so, but I was afraid to say anything! All these adults who took care of me, who taught me the things I needed to grow up, were telling me that christianity was real! I must be missing something, I thought! Everyone I knew was a christian. Everyone I knew attended church on a regular basis!

It took me until I read the entire bible to finally admit that I did not believe. There is no way that a god would save Ham knowing what he would do. There is no way that god would put the forbidden tree and the serpent in the garden with adam and eve, knowing full well that they would fail. There is no way god would save Lot, knowing that he would get drunk and impregnate his own daughters. There is no way that a god would require animal sacrifices. There is no way that god would force a woman to marry her rapist.

If that is what you believe, fine! I joined the Army to ensure our rights were not taken away from us. Just stop trying to put your religion in our public schools and government.
Atheists are a myth! All based on lies and hate. No evidence atheists exist so they don't.
Fun Facts

Saginaw, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Factual history and reality.
Sure
Right here...
http://www.rosarychurch.net/consecration/just...
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but I don't let him in and leave him sitting on the couch while I go upstairs, close the door and flip on the Vikings game.
Don't you?
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We are saved by grace. And good works (obedience) done in sanctifying grace are necessary. That's what Jesus and the bible says.
Perhaps if you read the testamonies of those saved in the bible and see when it was that they were pronounced saved you would have a better understanding.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We are saved by grace. And good works (obedience) done in sanctifying grace are necessary. That's what Jesus and the bible says.
My bible says not by works. Is yours different? Can you show me the passage that says (and good works done in sanctifying grace are necessary)?
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>however you listen to graham and never gave up your perverted lifestyle, right?
Hiding behind a different name LIAR?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>No, what I am telling you is that you play the same game. You select the most harsh Bible quotes from the Old Testament to formulate your picture of an evil and petty God.
Correction: Evil and petty men. Men wrote the bible to control others.
You pull these quotes out of the teachings ofn Christ pased down through tradition and for those who disregard tradition,the New Testament, to make your point. Again, God gave a simple enough instruction to Adam-correct?
No, that is not correct. There are so many problems with the garden of eden!
Yet Adam went his own way. You see there are things that guide us wayaw from od's Word and also leads us to read whatever we want into God's Word.
Make my quotes sound better? Make them sound as if a loving god made them.
These things in man are the in the nature of man in whatever pursuit he engages.These are passions (such as pride) faults, and if you are a student of Psychology faulty beliefs and thoughts (ie Rational Emotive Therapy)All created by your "horrible God" out of respect and love to give us free will. So many paths of inquiry needed to respend to your simplistic readings and questions.This is why encourage you to read theology.
So, in short, if I do not believe as you do, I am faulty. LOL And you people call me arrogant!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo based on your link that's a "I don't know" or at best "we think maybe" so it comes down to better to have faith in a puddle of goo than a living God.
Better to think we are an accidental universe fart than God dun it.
WIKI SAYING WE DON'T KNOW ISN'T EVIDENCE OF ANYTHING!
Think of religion and science as two stair cases. The science stair case has many steps. Fact that have been proven and repeated time and time again by anyone with the necessary knowledge. The religious stair case has two landings and no steps. There are no facts and nothing in religion can be repeated, time and time again by anybody.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Kings and Kingdoms
I think it is beyond refute that it was never God's intention for us to have buildings or temples on this earth in which to worship Him like the religions of this world who have temples for their gods. Most of us are aware of the fact that the Israelites having a king was not God's idea either (1 Sam. 8:4-7). Their reason for wanting a king was so that they would "be like all the other nations" and have a king who would lead them and defend them (1 Sam. 8:19,20).
God warned the Israelites that the result of their demanding a king would be that they would be in bondage and subjection to their king and that he would use them and abuse them. He told Samuel to say to the people, "If you have a king, this is how he will treat you. He will force your sons to join his army. Some of them will ride in his chariots, some will serve in the cavalry, and others will run ahead of his own chariot. Some of them will be officers in charge of a thousand soldiers, and others will be in charge of fifty. Still others will have to farm the king's land and harvest his crops, or make weapons and parts for his chariots. Your daughters will have to make perfume or do his cooking and baking. The king will take your best fields, as well as your vineyards, and olive orchards and give them to his own officials. He will also take a tenth of your grain and grapes and give it to his officers and officials (the tithe). The king will take your slaves and your best young men and your donkeys and make them do his work. He will also take a tenth of your sheep and goats. You will become the king's slaves." (1 Sam. 8:9-17). All of this is so clearly evident in churches today where there is loyalty to the system, to the building, to the meetings and to the pastors or religious leaders, instead of a loyalty to God. God took this decision very personally; He saw that the people were rejecting Him as their King (1 Sam. 8:7). He wanted to be their only King just as He wants to be our only Meeting Place...
Our common ground is not meant to be whether we go to church or what denomination we are part of, or what doctrines we believe, or what teachers we listen to; our common ground, our communion (common union), our Place of Meeting is simply Christ! When He is both King and the Meeting Place in a person's life, we find that we have instant communion and fellowship with them because Christ IS our Place of meeting! In this Holy Place we find ourselves in union with God and with His Family.
cont

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Hiding behind a different name LIAR?
as you can see, I have had this nick since jan 08 and over 4,000 posts on topic here.

again, you show how much of the devil resides in you.lol
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

cont
KINGS AND KINGDOMS
Today the majority of Christians are no different than the Israelites who wanted a temple and a king, just as Stephen said in his speech. We have built "temples" and we have wanted "kings" to look up to and to tell us what to do and what not to do, what to read and what not to read, what to believe and what not to believe, where to go and where not to go - the list is endless - instead of asking, and hearing, and knowing God for ourselves. The result of all these kings and temples are many religious kingdoms which are sustained by man and not God and which often abuse and exploit people. Jesus gave us the example of true leadership Himself by being a servant and running away when the people wanted to make Him their King (John 6:15). The Kingdom of God is NOT of this world: "My kingdom," said Jesus, "doesn't consist of what you see around you. If it did, My followers would fight so that I wouldn't be handed over to the Jews. But I'm not that kind of king, not the world's kind of king." (John 18:36).
We each need to honestly answer the question: "WHO is king in my life?" A kingdom is a place where the king governs and decides everything. Even though we may not yield to another person as king, often we fail to realise that the one person who may be acting as king by reigning and ruling supreme in our lives, stares back at us every time we look in a mirror! In speaking of who is king in our lives, we are talking about what our heart loves above all else, for the heart is the throne where whomever we love and admire the most resides. When Christ is our King we find ourselves lovingly yielding to Him and seeing His Way, His Truth, and His Life established in our lives as we become like the One we love....
While I saw all this years ago as relating to kings in our lives, it was only recently that Father showed me how this also related to the temple when reading an article entitled "The Tragedy of the Temple" (located at http://www.austin-sparks.net/mags/ttm17-2.htm... ). I saw that building a temple/church reveals that inherent desire of ours to do something for God, and wanting a religious leader to tell us what to do and how to do it reveals our inherent desire to have a king here on earth to govern us. But both a king and a temple are focusing upon what is seen here on earth rather than spiritually perceiving what is unseen (2 Cor. 4:18). They are substitutes for the Real and the True and we often idolise them - allowing them to become the centre of our lives instead of Christ. Whatever we idolise very effectively blinds us from seeing Truth because our eyes are on our idol so we can see nothing past that. We need to be shaken out of our idolatry by hearing God's words deep in our hearts: "THIS is My dearly loved Son, who brings Me great joy; listen to HIM!" May God continue to shatter our idols and open our eyes so that we will see and worship "only Jesus".
"Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation." Heb. 9:11
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. If a friend came to your door, how would you recieve them? Jesus SAID 'I stand at the door(of your heart) and knock, if any man will OPEN THE DOOR and RECIEVE ME I will come in....
People can let Jesus in the door; have dinner with Him; hear what He has to say, then ask Him to leave.
Its called free will.
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps if you read the testamonies of those saved in the bible and see when it was that they were pronounced saved you would have a better understanding.
There are no instances of anyone being pronounced once saved always saved.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

on this page, you can see that anthony is addressing your ignorance, and teh next post is one of mine using teh atemcowboy nick

Anthony MN
Minneapolis, MN
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
Jul 11, 2010 Judged:

4gvn wrote:
<quoted text>First of all you have misquoted the bible which says that many other things he DID(not TAUGHT) that are not written. I have also posted a whole series of information as to why the APOCRYPHAL BOOKS are not inspired and should not be in the bible. That should be a pretty good start.
Well, yes, the bible says did, not taught, but I suppose for a sola scriptura adherent unless it's recorded in the KJV it is meaningless to you.

You have posted a whole series of protestant opinion as to why you think the deuterocanon is not inspired, none of which is accurate, historical or agreed with by the same Church that determined the NT canon that your groups do agree with.

And you failed (or refused) to answer my guestions. St. Paul tells us to obey the written and oral tradition. Can you show me where the bible says it is our instruction manual? Can you show us where the bible says the Word of God is limited to what is written in the bible?

atemcowboy {SEE THIS}

Location hidden
Please wait... Reply
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>My bible says not by works. Is yours different? Can you show me the passage that says (and good works done in sanctifying grace are necessary)?
You misunderstand your bible . The works St. Paul refers to are works of the law done without grace.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
People can let Jesus in the door; have dinner with Him; hear what He has to say, then ask Him to leave.
Its called free will.
good point.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
In spite of the lies currently going around, AMERICAN SCHOOLS AND GOVERNMENT WERE ESTABLISHED FOR THE PROTECTION OF CHRISTIANS. They are not the property of unbelievers. Through the grace of Christians, every person is welcome to live here and worship as they please. But please note that EVERYONE OF EVERY RELIGION has been obligated to keep our laws that are based on Judeo/Christian principles...right out of the Bible.
Wrong again. Out of the 613 of god's laws, how many of them are laws in our government?

You know very little about American history!
Sorry, kid. You are too late to tell me that faith doesn't work. I was told that I would not live due to rheumatic fever when I was three years old; when I lived anyway, they said I would never have a family. I am 79 years old. I have nine children. I danced away from crutches at church one night. I was supposed to be on them for four to five months (I had used them ONE WEEK), I never saw them again.
Is that the standard for all christians? NOPE. Can I verify your story? NOPE. If a similar thing happened to a muslim, would that be faith, too? What about me? If a 'miracle' happened to me, would it be due to my faith? Your assertion does not hold up.
We've never gone hungry...and we didn't lean on food stamps or welfare. And that is just for starters...God keeps His own.
No true christian is on food stamps? Good to know!
The reason my faith will not cause everyone to believe the truth, is the fact that people each have free will...including you. You deliberately reject what I have told you because YOU DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE...and that is YOUR freewill. God will not force you to do/believe anything. Why? Because He is showing you what YOU really are.
If I don't believe like you, I am an animal? Good to know.

Seriously, basically what you are saying is: Very thing good that ever happened to you, was due to you being righteous and everything bad that has happened to you was because god lets the rain fall on the just and the unjust.

Now, every bad that happens to me is because the devil is my god/father/whatever and everything good that happens to me is god showing me what life could be like if I followed him.

Rubbish.
All of us who are Christian are in a process of learning from Him. Some of us are 'children'; some are more mature. It is a process...and God gives us a lifetime to fulfill it.
Lots daughters thought that they and their father were the only living people left...all the cities around them were burning. They determined to make their father drunk...then have children by him, so that mankind would not die out. They knew that he would not have done such a thing.
Out of room...
KayMarie
How drunk would you have to be to sleep with your children? Even though I am an evil Atheist, there ain't enough for me to do something like that! As a man, I can tell you that even if there were a point that I would sleep with my daughters, I wouldn't have been able to perform.

Did you ever think about this: While fleeing an evil city, did Lot carry the clothes and food that he needed or enough wine to get him drunk enough to sleep with his own daughters?

Lot, just another biblical story that does not make sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) 3 hr fener 20
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 5 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 36
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Hebrewsunite 8,197
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... Wed psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Tue ELIAS IBARRA 60
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••