Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,681)

Showing posts 393,601 - 393,620 of532,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I told you so. This poster is not interested in learning anything. They ask for quotes like they are interested only to nefariously slip around the quote by some route that only twisted logic and analysis can find.
If you say something, which is not accurate or germane to the conversation, I will not lay down and roll over for you. If my proposal was faulty, take me up on it. Give me a subject and a novel and I will confirm the subject by quote mining the novel.

How hard is it to give instructions? The military is very efficient with its instructions on every piece of equipment. Without knowing the first thing about an M72 LAW Rocket, you could pick one up and safely fire it, in five minutes or less.

What you are telling me is, the U.S. Military is smarter and more efficient that your god.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction - "ashamed" not "afraid", but no matter - both show a turning away from Jesus, in both regards.
Where do you see the word "afraid" in that Bible verse it did say 'ashamed"

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

who="Anthony MN"
We are saved by grace. And good works (obedience) done in sanctifying grace are necessary. That's what Jesus and the bible says.

Once saved (by faith), good works come naturally. No one who truly loves the Lord, considers it 'labor' to obey His commands.

KayMarie

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

<quoted text>If you want to know why there are so many denominations of Christianity, look at yourself.There are many, like yourself,who, with a minutae of study, see themselves as experts,believe they can out think God, and come up with their own lame perspective on Truth.For your info, Christ did not just throw a book at mankind. For you to understand Christianity you have to be plugged into the people that were taught by the people He taaught.People have been doing their own philosophizing re the Word of God since Origen.Atheists have been "outsmarting" and debating God from our beginning.It uis not enough to just ask questyions. Sopme of us have not onlly asked questions but have searched to find the answers.Questions are ok. But you have tajen just the first step.
How far into Harry Potter did you have to read, before you said, "Hey, this is fiction!"

Read Leviticus 14 and tell me that is not fiction. If it is not, why are we curing leprosy with science instead of two doves.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure that you have been told this before. The Theory of Evolution does not cover abiogenesis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis
That a lone tells me that you have a very limited understanding of science. You would rather listen to a preacher telling you that these thing could not have happened than to research them yourself.
You are playing the god of the gaps and with every discovery, the gaps narrow. Modern science is 500 years old at best. Since I have been alive, we have gone from a few main frame computers that ran on tubes, to people having dozens of computer driven devices that they use without even realizing it.
Within a few years, scientist will create life from chemicals and then you would say, who made the chemicals, they could not make themselves. You will be forced to allow the gaps to close tighter, but you won't give up. Good for you!
TBS

Interesting site....
Interesting thoughts....

You can't get away from that God is the Great Planner....mankind's plans generally fail, and lessons are learned....

The main problem is that of using technology in a moral manner. When it is not done so, well, the Plagues of Egypt will be released into our environment....

The one problem I had with the site is that there were so many hypothesis about the subject(Abiogenesis), how could I decide anything....?
In other words, the complexity of the solutions, is counter to Okham's Razor.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
We are saved by grace. And good works (obedience) done in sanctifying grace are necessary. That's what Jesus and the bible says.
Once saved (by faith), good works come naturally. No one who truly loves the Lord, considers it 'labor' to obey His commands.
KayMarie
Yep we love His commands.

And we hate every false way.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

<quoted text>There is Truth beyond man's varied interpretations.Look at philosophy, Or differences in scientists thoughts. Black Sheep. There were many variations in what philosopherts posed. Look at Socrates. Then examine Sartre.Because they differ, does this mean Truth does not exist? Also does it mean that each of them does not have any Trith at all, or is there some Truth in each of them.
I am fully aware of quote mining and I see your point.It does not however negate God's Truth or the brilliant minds and souls beyond topix that have approached it.
So now we are at the bottom of it! "God's Truth" What is "God's Truth" and who knows it? Every christian fully believes that they are on the inside track to what god requires, yet there are how many different sects?

The one true sect should be able to prove that they are truly the one, right? If faith can move mountains, why can't the one true or the 10 true or the 100 true sects have their follower put their faith together and move the mountain of false information?

Everyone of those thousand of christian sects want to be right! If they are wrong about something that will send them to hell, they want to be corrected while there is still time, right? Maybe not all of them, but I would hope the majority of them would.

So, why not use the faith you have to move the mountain?

Because you know full well that no amount of faith will move a mustard seed, let alone a mountain. You know it, but you are terrified of saying it, even to yourself!

Believe me, I thought it was fake from the age of 12 or so, but I was afraid to say anything! All these adults who took care of me, who taught me the things I needed to grow up, were telling me that christianity was real! I must be missing something, I thought! Everyone I knew was a christian. Everyone I knew attended church on a regular basis!

It took me until I read the entire bible to finally admit that I did not believe. There is no way that a god would save Ham knowing what he would do. There is no way that god would put the forbidden tree and the serpent in the garden with adam and eve, knowing full well that they would fail. There is no way god would save Lot, knowing that he would get drunk and impregnate his own daughters. There is no way that a god would require animal sacrifices. There is no way that god would force a woman to marry her rapist.

If that is what you believe, fine! I joined the Army to ensure our rights were not taken away from us. Just stop trying to put your religion in our public schools and government.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
As I've told you before, St. Paul's idea of 'believing' is different than your idea. Look at what they did immediately afterwards.
Not true, look at what I did immediatly after.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
It must not be major enough to shut down the organization, even when it has been discovered that there was a cover-up involved.
Hmmmmm....sounds like you are having a difficult time understanding your support for the RCC, if you believe that the acts that have been done are "major".
Yet you are still a participant, and more than likely, one that donates to this organization.
Why?
NASL

I know you don't recognize sin in your religion.
I know you don't recognize sinners in your religion.

Gnosticism is to dark to recognize....

Hmmmm...,could it be that Gnostics got into the back door of the RCC?

Thanks for the clue, you have given me a better understanding. Thank you....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a huge difference between 'knowing' something and having 'faith' in something. You have faith that there is an afterlife, you have never been in heaven, so you cannot say that you know that it is there.
Do you know that I have not sacrificed anything for anyone? No, but because I am an Atheist, you have faith that I have not. Well, you faith is wrong. I, being an Atheist, realize that this is my only time to do the right things in life.
How many times do you stop, late at night, and give a lift to a stranger? Why is it that I see 20 cars drive by a man stranded on the side of the road and I, the Atheist, is the only one to stop? Out of those 20 cars, 14 of them would claim to be christian, yet it is me that stops.
The first thing you will claim is: "I am a woman and I cannot take the chance." But isn't your god going to protect you? I have no god and I stop. You have no faith in your god to protect you.
Your problem with me is, you don't live up to your god's standards, so you need to find someone, "worse {in christian terms}" than you to make yourself feel better.
You don't follow gods laws any better or worse than I do.
TBS

First of all to merit out justice, is a great thing, and so to help is even further still. Yet this is not the Good Samaritan scenerio....Also to say that God will protect her is misled in that we are not to put God to the test, or tempt God, per what Jesus did regarding being tempted by Satan....

No.... It is not faith in God which you state, rather it is the use of prudence that helps make a decision to stop or not at night on the road to "help" someone.

If you were in a fire-fight, and just run out into enemy fire because you saw someone hurt, you might be considered a hero, but also imprudent.

One must use courage(fortitude) and prudence wisely, not recklessly.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Marion Va..WoW ...The place where the insane asylum is located and has been for years...
Would you care to share your room number?
hah, he is in asingle room, get your own.lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Oh, I think you did. While you safely sit behind a computer, you accuse me of many terrible things, yet the only thing that you really know about me is; I am an Atheist.
Stay behind your computer and say whatever you like! It proves what kind of man you are.
TBS

"Did I say anything about your "service"?
No "

Why?

Because you have only, and repeatedly told me your an atheist.

Now, as of today, I know you were in the "service", and saw you were in the Army....

I have no idea when, or where you were in, or if you were in a combat situation.

I was in combat at the end of the Vietnam War. And I am 60% disabled from it....

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
I know you don't recognize sin in your religion.
I know you don't recognize sinners in your religion.
Gnosticism is to dark to recognize....
Hmmmm...,could it be that Gnostics got into the back door of the RCC?
Thanks for the clue, you have given me a better understanding. Thank you....
You couldn't stay on the topic or the discussion, huh?

Figures.

1. You don't believe Jesus.
2. You would rather belittle others for no apparent reason
3. And you would rather divert from answering the questions that are put forth.

You are not batting 1000.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Not true, look at what I did immediatly after.
however you listen to graham and never gave up your perverted lifestyle, right?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
If you say something, which is not accurate or germane to the conversation, I will not lay down and roll over for you. If my proposal was faulty, take me up on it. Give me a subject and a novel and I will confirm the subject by quote mining the novel.
How hard is it to give instructions? The military is very efficient with its instructions on every piece of equipment. Without knowing the first thing about an M72 LAW Rocket, you could pick one up and safely fire it, in five minutes or less.
What you are telling me is, the U.S. Military is smarter and more efficient that your god.
No, what I am telling you is that you play the same game. You select the most harsh Bible quotes from the Old Testament to formulate your picture of an evil and petty God. You pull these quotes out of the teachings ofn Christ pased down through tradition and for those who disregard tradition,the New Testament, to make your point. Again, God gave a simple enough instruction to Adam-correct? Yet Adam went his own way. You see there are things that guide us wayaw from od's Word and also leads us to read whatever we want into God's Word.These things in man are the in the nature of man in whatever pursuit he engages.These are passions (such as pride) faults, and if you are a student of Psychology faulty beliefs and thoughts (ie Rational Emotive Therapy)All created by your "horrible God" out of respect and love to give us free will. So many paths of inquiry needed to respend to your simplistic readings and questions.This is why encourage you to read theology.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
So now we are at the bottom of it! "God's Truth" What is "God's Truth" and who knows it? Every christian fully believes that they are on the inside track to what god requires, yet there are how many different sects?
The one true sect should be able to prove that they are truly the one, right? If faith can move mountains, why can't the one true or the 10 true or the 100 true sects have their follower put their faith together and move the mountain of false information?
Everyone of those thousand of christian sects want to be right! If they are wrong about something that will send them to hell, they want to be corrected while there is still time, right? Maybe not all of them, but I would hope the majority of them would.
So, why not use the faith you have to move the mountain?
Because you know full well that no amount of faith will move a mustard seed, let alone a mountain. You know it, but you are terrified of saying it, even to yourself!
Believe me, I thought it was fake from the age of 12 or so, but I was afraid to say anything! All these adults who took care of me, who taught me the things I needed to grow up, were telling me that christianity was real! I must be missing something, I thought! Everyone I knew was a christian. Everyone I knew attended church on a regular basis!
It took me until I read the entire bible to finally admit that I did not believe. There is no way that a god would save Ham knowing what he would do. There is no way that god would put the forbidden tree and the serpent in the garden with adam and eve, knowing full well that they would fail. There is no way god would save Lot, knowing that he would get drunk and impregnate his own daughters. There is no way that a god would require animal sacrifices. There is no way that god would force a woman to marry her rapist.
If that is what you believe, fine! I joined the Army to ensure our rights were not taken away from us. Just stop trying to put your religion in our public schools and government.
I am not putting mmy religion anywhere.You totally side step my point. the point being just because there are varied perspectives on what is Truth does not negate that there is Truth.Again, there are answers to your questions. se your questions for learning, not for attack.

Since: Sep 12

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure that you have been told this before. The Theory of Evolution does not cover abiogenesis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

That a lone tells me that you have a very limited understanding of science. You would rather listen to a preacher telling you that these thing could not have happened than to research them yourself.

You are playing the god of the gaps and with every discovery, the gaps narrow. Modern science is 500 years old at best. Since I have been alive, we have gone from a few main frame computers that ran on tubes, to people having dozens of computer driven devices that they use without even realizing it.

Within a few years, scientist will create life from chemicals and then you would say, who made the chemicals, they could not make themselves. You will be forced to allow the gaps to close tighter, but you won't give up. Good for you!
Soooo based on your link that's a "I don't know" or at best "we think maybe" so it comes down to better to have faith in a puddle of goo than a living God.
Better to think we are an accidental universe fart than God dun it.
WIKI SAYING WE DON'T KNOW ISN'T EVIDENCE OF ANYTHING!
Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>your accusations alone are a good indicator that you know nothing about Christ and His love.
so again, what did I lie about?

Never Preston. Preston lie? No way. it must be the one armed man they have confused you with right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

<quoted text>
You couldn't stay on the topic or the discussion, huh?
Figures.
1. You don't believe Jesus.
2. You would rather belittle others for no apparent reason
3. And you would rather divert from answering the questions that are put forth.
You are not batting 1000.
NASL

lol....

So by your thinking we.... must shut down every business, organization, no, no,...,bigger, bigger,

lets shut down the U.S., and every other country, religion, culture, race, because they have child molesters amongst the sheep....

You helped me see how the darkened mind of Gnosticism sees....

Again and again, I thank you.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

<quoted text>
I have posted numerous times on this forum, on how the RCC (not the so-called "Church") has not upheld any "truth".
How much more do you need me to post, before you do believe it?
What specific piece of evidence are you looking for and I will try to find it for you.
One piece of evidence that you've dismissed already, is the belief that Jesus is "God" - exclaimed by your hierarchy in the 5th and 6th centuries, but not one piece of evidence to secure that.
How much more? Or will there never be enough?
Again, you get to make the choice of what to believe - Self.
No religion required.
There - I've given you two pieces of evidence that supports my position that the RCC is not what it claims.
In a nutshell - one could also claim that since Christianity, doesn't teach all of what Jesus taught, then this in itself, shows a lacking of "truth".
You've given me no evidence. You don't understand Catholicism enough to give me any evidence. First you need to learn what the Church actually teaches. Then you can hammer away if you want.
(Im referring to your first line about the Church supposedly not 'upholding truth'. Assuming you know what truth is and are an authority on the matter)

Second, the Church always believed Jesus is God. Many people like to think - since the Church made a public statement - that, at that moment, is the inception of the dogma. Not true. They simply clarify things when need be.

Why don't we Christians teach all what Jesus taught??
I assume you mean the gospel of Thomas?

Sorry, i just can't buy into that as legit. If one reads those quotes and then Matthews quotes, there is clearly two different Jesus's speaking.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 393,601 - 393,620 of532,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••