Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
393,561 - 393,580 of 532,450 Comments Last updated 19 min ago
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Question: "How can I be saved?"

Answer: This simple, yet profound, question is the most important question that can be asked.”How can I be saved?” deals with where we will spend eternity after our lives in this world are over. There is no more important issue than our eternal destiny. Thankfully, the Bible is abundantly clear on how a person can be saved. The Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas,“Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”(Acts 16:30). Paul and Silas responded,“Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved”(Acts 16:31).
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Christ is God,yet does He ever say in the New Testament that He is G o d?Christ is part of the GODHEAD,but does Jesus ever say emphatically that He is God the Son,that there is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit?
The Bible was writened by Jews save Luke. The letters and scrolls were preserved by the first century church,and that care passed on to Christians in the following centuries,should everyone get excited that those people called themselves Catholics? You must realize that the persecutions of the first three centuries caused a powerful devotion to the Word of God,and that was passed from generation to generation.Whether the Bible was in fragments or in scrolls and letters,it was all sacred to the believers,and God placed in the hearts and minds of His people to preserve,protect and so on.
God knew that His word would be protected in monasteries,does that shock anyone?If it does,they should realize again that communities were always formed in Christianity,many ascetic,and the devotion and passion for the Words of Christ and the Apostles was nothing life we see today.
For starters the greatest and only true interpreter of the Holy Word is the Holy Spirit.Because of Him we are all united in what Jesus taught,lived,suffered,died,and was buried,but rose again and sits at the right hand of His Father in glory. How much more can HE be to us than our God,a Victor of the vast domain,the KING of kings,Lord of Lords.Each and every believer can know Him personally and individually.
What explanation is there needed when we ponder on the Word,read the Epistles,Paul and Peter,also John explain much and point us to the Living Christ,to love,teach,serve and be used of God,NOT to sin or live a life enslaved by sin.James the bishop of Jerusalem explains with a Jewish insight the fulfillment of the Law in Christ. WE have yet to know the full extent,as only we all see in part Clay.
The Bible is not a Book of contention for us as believers,it should only be that Book that confirms our faith,and helps us to direct our vision to that of Christ.The whole matter of the Word being spiritually discerned opens up a treasure chest of spiritual truth that can be confirmed by the Spirit.
In all the Scriptures we see the witness of the Spirit,the Word and the Blood.Even in the old covenant.I contend that the Scripture is not subservient to our will,for it represents literally Christ!
All do respect Pad, you didn't answer any of my questions...at all.
How can I leave the Catholic Church when no one can provide one shred of evidence that the Church is not who they say they are?

If you say some of our beliefs are not 'explicitly found in scripture'. Then you MUST provide scripture, that says scripture is the only thing Christ established. You can't just give me a nice testimonial about how you view the Bible!
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Since PERCY is too stupid to understand what he himself said. And is too big a liar to address his statement, I will spell it out for all of you who are more intelligent than PERCY.
PERCY made the statement about BILLY GRAHM, and I quote. "MAY God find him a nice hot community where the sun never shines." PERCY addmitted that this was a reference to Hell.
If a person says ,'MAY I have some potatoes,please?' He is obviously asking a person to give him some potatoes.
When PERCY said " MAY God find him a place...(HELL)... PERCY was obviously asking that God would send BILLY GRAHM TO HELL.
But now PERCY is denying that that is what he said, which makes PERCY a LIAR. Simple as that.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
All do respect Pad, you didn't answer any of my questions...at all.
How can I leave the Catholic Church when no one can provide one shred of evidence that the Church is not who they say they are?
If you say some of our beliefs are not 'explicitly found in scripture'. Then you MUST provide scripture, that says scripture is the only thing Christ established. You can't just give me a nice testimonial about how you view the Bible!
Factual history and reality.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an ex-presbyterian. I remember as a young child thinking, If god would have put me there, I would have listened! Why didn't adam? The only answer I got was, You are human, you would have failed, too.
You mean it was a test that no one could pass?
Shut up and stop questioning god.
TBS

I was baptised in my grandmother's/mother's Presbyterian church. And I went until about 6 years old. From then we moved. And we went to a Methodist church where I got a rather mild indoctrination, and as you listened to the pastors....My big question was, "Why did they take some books out of the Bible?" It took about 30 years to find out....

Sometimes it is good to revisit questions in childhood. And get some answers....

There are many answers for your question, of why didn't Adam listen, and do as He was told....I suspect the fear of loosing Eve, might have been high on the list.... He certainly would have been alone.

And haven't you been tempted, and with an opportunity yielded? And found yourself regretting what you did?
I have.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>Yes....Moral people have sense of justice, and can act upon it. And
you an immoral, or amoral person has no sense of justice. That is why you would not defend a defenseless person, even your own children.
Germany would have taken over here in WWII by now, so you would not exist, if it had not been for moral people. It is thanks to moral people the West was spared....
We tried in the East, but it has been a tough fight.
You can welcome China here, and your sons and daughters can go directly to the "work" camps and die, there is no compromise....
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
TBS
Did I say anything about your "service"?
No
Oh, I think you did. While you safely sit behind a computer, you accuse me of many terrible things, yet the only thing that you really know about me is; I am an Atheist.

Stay behind your computer and say whatever you like! It proves what kind of man you are.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You said: christians claim that when they except christ as their personal lord and savior
Actually it should read: christians claim that when they ACCEPT christ as their personal lord and savior
***You said something about 3rd grade level. Hang in there...I know a few adults that have gone back to school to get their education. How can we take you seriously when you talk about scripture...come on guy.
Thank you for the correction! If you christians are right, your god made me dyslexic.

How can you take me seriously? I only quote the bible, I did not write it.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

4GVN wrote:
Answer: This simple, yet profound, question is the most important question that can be asked.”How can I be saved?” deals with where we will spend eternity after our lives in this world are over. There is no more important issue than our eternal destiny. Thankfully, the Bible is abundantly clear on how a person can be saved. The Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas,“Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”(Acts 16:30). Paul and Silas responded,“Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved”(Acts 16:31).
So when are you going to start believing in Jesus in ALL of what he taught and spoke upon?

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael
Child abuse is a major offense.
It must not be major enough to shut down the organization, even when it has been discovered that there was a cover-up involved.

Hmmmmm....sounds like you are having a difficult time understanding your support for the RCC, if you believe that the acts that have been done are "major".

Yet you are still a participant, and more than likely, one that donates to this organization.

Why?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Bible vere of the Day

For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Luke 9:26 (KJV)

www.Christ.com

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
U.S. laws prohibit breaking the speed limit, failing to stop at red lights, murder and theft. By your reasoning one must say that the U.S. didn't say that, because those things are on DIFFERENT PAGES.
You seem only to want to argue. I would suggest that you wish to 'break the law'(God's law). If you can persuade yourself that His law is wrong, or does not exist, you MIGHT be able to salve your conscience...at least for a little while.
KayMarie
Pay attention, this is where your logic fails.

The laws you quoted are from imperfect men, the laws I quoted are from a perfect god.

Speaking of god's laws, are you breaking any? Daily even? Yet you are not concerned with that! Why is that? If god and his judgment is so important to you, why do you not care that you are breaking his laws?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the correction! If you christians are right, your god made me dyslexic.
You're welcome

Anyone can quote it...many don't understand it.

You said you were an ex-presbyterian....that explains why you're lost.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Tuesday, December 11, 2012
This Evening's Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon

----------

"Ye serve the Lord Christ."—Colossians 3:24.
O what choice order of officials was this word spoken? To kings who proudly boast a right divine? Ah, no! too often do they serve themselves or Satan, and forget the God whose sufferance permits them to wear their mimic majesty for their little hour. Speaks then the apostle to those so-called "right reverend fathers in God," the bishops, or "the venerable the archdeacons"? No, indeed, Paul knew nothing of these mere inventions of man. Not even to pastors and teachers, or to the wealthy and esteemed among believers, was this word spoken, but to servants, ay, and to slaves. Among the toiling multitudes, the journeymen, the day labourers, the domestic servants, the drudges of the kitchen, the apostle found, as we find still, some of the Lord's chosen, and to them he says, "Whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ." This saying ennobles the weary routine of earthly employments, and sheds a halo around the most humble occupations. To wash feet may be servile, but to wash His feet is royal work. To unloose the shoe-latchet is poor employ, but to unloose the great Master's shoe is a princely privilege. The shop, the barn, the scullery, and the smithy become temples when men and women do all to the glory of God! Then "divine service" is not a thing of a few hours and a few places, but all life becomes holiness unto the Lord, and every place and thing, as consecrated as the tabernacle and its golden candlestick.

"Teach me, my God and King, in all things Thee to see;
And what I do in anything to do it as to Thee.
All may of Thee partake, nothing can be so mean,
Which with this tincture, for Thy sake, will not grow bright
and clean.
A servant with this clause makes drudgery divine;
Who sweeps a room, as for Thy laws, makes that and the action fine.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Wisdom from Oswald Chambers
Am I getting nobler, better, more helpful, more humble, as I get older? Am I exhibiting the life that men take knowledge of as having been with Jesus, or am I getting more self-assertive, more deliberately determined to have my own way? It is a great thing to tell yourself the truth.
The Place of Help

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I have posted numerous times on this forum, on how the RCC (not the so-called "Church") has not upheld any "truth".

How much more do you need me to post, before you do believe it?

What specific piece of evidence are you looking for and I will try to find it for you.

One piece of evidence that you've dismissed already, is the belief that Jesus is "God" - exclaimed by your hierarchy in the 5th and 6th centuries, but not one piece of evidence to secure that.

How much more? Or will there never be enough?

Again, you get to make the choice of what to believe - Self.

No religion required.

There - I've given you two pieces of evidence that supports my position that the RCC is not what it claims.

In a nutshell - one could also claim that since Christianity, doesn't teach all of what Jesus taught, then this in itself, shows a lacking of "truth".
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
I love St. Paul. But I don't love him more than Jesus, and I don't love him enough to ignore everything that Jesus said we must do to have eternal life.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
Certainly Jesus knew that there would be life after His death.(We should know that too.) He said beforehand that, "No one takes My life. I GIVE IT." He also said that in three days He would raise up His temple (body).
No sacrifice? Try telling someone who is being tortured to death with nails and thorns and and a spear that they are not sacrificing anything...especially when they are doing it willingly, and out of love FOR YOU!
I don't see you doing that...you don't even show kindness to anyone on here...
KayMarie
There is a huge difference between 'knowing' something and having 'faith' in something. You have faith that there is an afterlife, you have never been in heaven, so you cannot say that you know that it is there.

Do you know that I have not sacrificed anything for anyone? No, but because I am an Atheist, you have faith that I have not. Well, you faith is wrong. I, being an Atheist, realize that this is my only time to do the right things in life.

How many times do you stop, late at night, and give a lift to a stranger? Why is it that I see 20 cars drive by a man stranded on the side of the road and I, the Atheist, is the only one to stop? Out of those 20 cars, 14 of them would claim to be christian, yet it is me that stops.

The first thing you will claim is: "I am a woman and I cannot take the chance." But isn't your god going to protect you? I have no god and I stop. You have no faith in your god to protect you.

Your problem with me is, you don't live up to your god's standards, so you need to find someone, "worse {in christian terms}" than you to make yourself feel better.

You don't follow gods laws any better or worse than I do.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome
Anyone can quote it...many don't understand it.
You said you were an ex-presbyterian....that explains why you're lost.
Help me understand this:

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You said:I am an ex-presbyterian. I remember as a young child thinking, If god would have put me there, I would have listened! Why didn't adam? The only answer I got was, You are human, you would have failed, too.
You mean it was a test that no one could pass?
Shut up and stop questioning god.

***and now you're mad at God. Maybe you should be mad at the ones who took you there.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You are obviously not looking for answers Anthony. You are merely looking to make a point. So make your point and quit playing silly games.
Make my point....hmmm. I would say that 'receiving' Him means trusting what He says we must do and actually doing it. I'm very fond of the parable Jesus told in Matt. 21:28.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••