Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,421
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#408550 Dec 11, 2012
preston wrote:
clay, my youngest daughter gave birth three years ago to a little baby, that had a heart condition, her spine had not formed properly, she couldnt hold her head up, she was blind,
and we all loved that beautiful baby girl, and tears come now from missing her.(as karen can tell you, I am an emotional person)
Jessie KNEW that the baby had abnormalities, but she never chose an abortion, and we had that precious baby for one year to love.
and something good has come from that experience, jessie gave up music and chose to go into nursing so she could help others.
Preston I am sorry you had to endure this.Your humanity and faith however is clear in this experience.
preston

Waverly, OH

#408551 Dec 11, 2012
4GVN wrote:
Why does Preston refuse to tells us what his statement DID mean. He has been quick to try to deny it and tell us what it DID NOT mean. And now he trys to divert by going on and on in his vicious attack of Billy Grahm. The man is a NUT CASE!
even anthony and hank have told you that it didnt mean that I was asking God to send him to hell.

mankind does that themselves with their lifestyle.

you needed proof to verify what I was saying about graham, I provided it, if you dont like it, that is your problem(as if you dont have enough)NOT MINE.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#408552 Dec 11, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Some 'christians' believe that jesus is god and some believe that he is the son of god, not the same being. That is why there are some many sects of christianity.
christians claim that when they except christ as their personal lord and savior, the holy spirit comes into their hearts and gives them understanding; yet there are so many fighting sects of christianity! Did the holy spirit screw up?
When I would read the instructions on how to set up a Claymore mine, the instructions were very clear, so clear that anyone with a 3rd grade level in reading could follow them and not blow themselves up! I didn't need the holy spirit or the LT to fill my heart with understanding, I just needed to read.
Are you telling me that god, purposely made the bible, so difficult to understand, that even the holy spirit couldn't help most christians?!?! Are you telling me that your god could not have put together an instructional manual equal to what the Army could accomplish?
So, until all christians believe the same way, you cannot use the old, "Here I thought you knew the bible". It is not a valid statement.
If you want to know why there are so many denominations of Christianity, look at yourself.There are many, like yourself,who, with a minutae of study, see themselves as experts,believe they can out think God, and come up with their own lame perspective on Truth.For your info, Christ did not just throw a book at mankind. For you to understand Christianity you have to be plugged into the people that were taught by the people He taaught.People have been doing their own philosophizing re the Word of God since Origen.Atheists have been "outsmarting" and debating God from our beginning.It uis not enough to just ask questyions. Sopme of us have not onlly asked questions but have searched to find the answers.Questions are ok. But you have tajen just the first step.
preston

Waverly, OH

#408553 Dec 11, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Hear the word of the Lord
Pro_8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
i THINK OVER THE 4 OR SO YEARS THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ON HERE, I HAVE WITSTOOD THE EVILNESS AND FRAUDULENT BEHAVIOR THAT YOU HAVE EXHIBITED ON THIS FORUM.

YOUR PRIDE IS VERY EVIDENT WHEN YOU MAKE ALL OF YOUR FALSE ACCUSATIONS, NOT ONLY TO ME BUT TO MANY CATHOLICS ON HERE,AND WHEN SHOWN THE ERRORS OF YOUR WAY,

you go hide under the skirt of your wife.

YOU HAVENT CHANGED, JOHN CALLED YOU OUT YEARS AGO FOR BEING A COWARD AND ANTHONY DOES NOW.

and your arrogance is so strong that the stench coming from you, overwhelms any words that you might say.

and your disobediance is habitual on this forum, and in fact, you are the worst of the lot on here.

you seem to think that because you have a concordance and post Bible verses that that makes you spiritual but it doesnt, it reaffirms your following of the likes of benny hinn.

and your wife came on here acting "goody two shoes", but it didnt take long for her black soul to reveal itself to people on here with her lies.in which she got caught in and then you had the nerve one month after she was caught to join yourself into her lies.

SHE LIES AND YOU/LTM SWEAR TO IT.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#408554 Dec 11, 2012
preston wrote:
clay, my youngest daughter gave birth three years ago to a little baby, that had a heart condition, her spine had not formed properly, she couldnt hold her head up, she was blind,
and we all loved that beautiful baby girl, and tears come now from missing her.(as karen can tell you, I am an emotional person)
Jessie KNEW that the baby had abnormalities, but she never chose an abortion, and we had that precious baby for one year to love.
and something good has come from that experience, jessie gave up music and chose to go into nursing so she could help others.
Nice story Preston.

I can't agree with anyone who would accept abortion under any circumstances..

If my wife became pregnant because she was raped, would I consider an abortion? No. And that thought- I will acknowledge - is extremely difficult to imagine. I get how both sides feel about that scenario.
Basically it comes down to whether or not its ok to kill the baby because a horrible crime happened to their mom. Anyone called by God should say no.

The rape scenario is extremely rare.

In you daughters case ...I think that happens more often where the mother terminates the pregnancy because the child will be disabled. God is truly saddened by that. We have so much to learn from people with disabilities, they are gifts from God.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#408555 Dec 11, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So Jesus should havs said "I will PARTLY come in and ....". But that is not what He said.
We are talking about recieving a person(JESUS). Like you would recieve someone into your home. We recieve Jesus into our hearts. You don't "partially" recieve a person.
How does one receive Jesus into our hearts? Is it mental? Is is physical? Do we actually do something? Please tell me.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#408556 Dec 11, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Pick any topic and then any novel. Within a week, I will piece together 100's of sentences that support the topic that you picked. It will be hard work, but to prove that km really did nothing, it will be worth it.
I can prove that Mark Twain told the truth! His book, "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn", clearly states it. If you do not believe me, then the holy spirit does not live your heart.
Yeah, that is what religion is like.
There is Truth beyond man's varied interpretations.Look at philosophy, Or differences in scientists thoughts. Black Sheep. There were many variations in what philosopherts posed. Look at Socrates. Then examine Sartre.Because they differ, does this mean Truth does not exist? Also does it mean that each of them does not have any Trith at all, or is there some Truth in each of them.
I am fully aware of quote mining and I see your point.It does not however negate God's Truth or the brilliant minds and souls beyond topix that have approached it.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#408557 Dec 11, 2012
JLDWolfe wrote:
Arguing with a Christian is like playing chess with a chicken. No matter how good one is at chess, the chicken will simply knock all the pieces over, crap on the board, and strut around like it won.
This entire conversation is a bunch of chickens clucking over a fairy tail.
I know that pisses you off, so FORGIVE me ;)
That's an insult....but hilarious!

Im going to steal that. Only, I'll say "arguing with Protestants is like playing chess with a chicken..."lol

Ignorance is displayed to its fullest potential on this board no doubt.
preston

Waverly, OH

#408558 Dec 11, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Preston I am sorry you had to endure this.Your humanity and faith however is clear in this experience.
thanks hermi, I appreciate those kind words.

my Pastor used to give us these words, and he did paraphrase, I think, and if they arent Biblical, they are Spiritual.

he said, "in the 6th trouble, He will not leave us, and in the 7th trouble He will not forsake us".

and you are a living testimony to those words.

two years ago, we moved from the farm into a house that we purchased and had fixed up, expecting some day to move into it. however that day came sooner than we expected.it was very difficult to live there without her being on the couch, and it seemed as if all of us decided to leave at the same time.

I think God that He can take something bad and use it for His Glory.Only He can do that for us.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#408559 Dec 11, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Couple clarifications.
I don't 'mock' people who choose to live by the bible alone.
However, if one is going to trash the Catholic Church based on Bible alone.. Then I'll gladly point out the lie of sola scripture.
You're smart enough to see the baseless doctrine of sola scripture, right Pad?
Look, I'll acknowledge many peoples being led to Christ by using the only resource they got. The Bible. Christ doesn't forget about the victims of Martin Luther. He loves everyone of us.
People who venture into challenging Catholics on Christianity, are getting into a fight they cannot win. Its much better if they just try and be the best
Christians they can be by studying scripture.
That's why it saddens me to see a few on here who would have been better off just being a Christian. Now what do they do once they been exposed to the lies of Sola Scripture and Sola Fide? Well, we can see what some are doing....they're playing stupid.. Acting like they never heard what they just heard. Being ignorant.
Can you answer these questions:
If Christ started a Bible as His sole source of authority on His teachings, please provide a verse explaining this.
Since you and others reject the Catholic Churchs claim on how the Bible came to fruition, could you for once offer an alternative scenario?
If it is suppose to be Sola Scripture as Christs will, then who's interpretations are valid?
If it is to be sola Scripture, wouldn't you think the Apostles would have already explained those letters??
Christ is God,yet does He ever say in the New Testament that He is G o d?Christ is part of the GODHEAD,but does Jesus ever say emphatically that He is God the Son,that there is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit?

The Bible was writened by Jews save Luke. The letters and scrolls were preserved by the first century church,and that care passed on to Christians in the following centuries,should everyone get excited that those people called themselves Catholics? You must realize that the persecutions of the first three centuries caused a powerful devotion to the Word of God,and that was passed from generation to generation.Whether the Bible was in fragments or in scrolls and letters,it was all sacred to the believers,and God placed in the hearts and minds of His people to preserve,protect and so on.

God knew that His word would be protected in monasteries,does that shock anyone?If it does,they should realize again that communities were always formed in Christianity,many ascetic,and the devotion and passion for the Words of Christ and the Apostles was nothing life we see today.

For starters the greatest and only true interpreter of the Holy Word is the Holy Spirit.Because of Him we are all united in what Jesus taught,lived,suffered,died,and was buried,but rose again and sits at the right hand of His Father in glory. How much more can HE be to us than our God,a Victor of the vast domain,the KING of kings,Lord of Lords.Each and every believer can know Him personally and individually.

What explanation is there needed when we ponder on the Word,read the Epistles,Paul and Peter,also John explain much and point us to the Living Christ,to love,teach,serve and be used of God,NOT to sin or live a life enslaved by sin.James the bishop of Jerusalem explains with a Jewish insight the fulfillment of the Law in Christ. WE have yet to know the full extent,as only we all see in part Clay.

The Bible is not a Book of contention for us as believers,it should only be that Book that confirms our faith,and helps us to direct our vision to that of Christ.The whole matter of the Word being spiritually discerned opens up a treasure chest of spiritual truth that can be confirmed by the Spirit.

In all the Scriptures we see the witness of the Spirit,the Word and the Blood.Even in the old covenant.I contend that the Scripture is not subservient to our will,for it represents literally Christ!
preston

Waverly, OH

#408560 Dec 11, 2012
Pad

Rockford, IL

#408561 Dec 11, 2012
JLDWolfe wrote:
Arguing with a Christian is like playing chess with a chicken. No matter how good one is at chess, the chicken will simply knock all the pieces over, crap on the board, and strut around like it won.
This entire conversation is a bunch of chickens clucking over a fairy tail.
I know that pisses you off, so FORGIVE me ;)
And what is your revolver for? To shoot the chickens?

I personally consider much of this posting to be questionable as to how God perceives such.But human beings have a free will and can debate at length about anything.Your atheistic world is full of debate,and if the truth be known the intollerance amongst atheists is much more rabid than anywhere else.

Christians along with Jews and Muslims as well have known what life is like under Atheism in Communist countries.The chance for decent debate was but for a forthnight as it were,and than if you did not agree with the Atheists,you found yourself being re-educated by them in labor camps and concentration camps,where many believers died,never given a chance as it were to debate sensibly with an atheist.

Sorry but we do not relish the thought of being under a Communist or Atheistic regime.So much for debate!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#408562 Dec 11, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
How does one receive Jesus into our hearts?

Considering this is a metaphor - "receive Jesus in your life" - therefore no one can "receive Jesus into your heart".

Physically impossible. This is spiritual symbolism.

"Heart" = "love"
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it mental?

Yes it is - one must think upon Jesus, in order to bring him into ouor lives. Action done by Self.
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Is is physical?

No, unless you account for the "actions" taken by Self to achieve the acceptance.
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we actually do something? Please tell me.
Yes you do - no religion is required.

By George, I think you've got it!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#408563 Dec 11, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Christ is God,yet does He ever say in the New Testament that He is G o d?Christ is part of the GODHEAD,but does Jesus ever say emphatically that He is God the Son,that there is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit?
The Bible was writened by Jews save Luke. The letters and scrolls were preserved by the first century church,and that care passed on to Christians in the following centuries,should everyone get excited that those people called themselves Catholics? You must realize that the persecutions of the first three centuries caused a powerful devotion to the Word of God,and that was passed from generation to generation.Whether the Bible was in fragments or in scrolls and letters,it was all sacred to the believers,and God placed in the hearts and minds of His people to preserve,protect and so on.
God knew that His word would be protected in monasteries,does that shock anyone?If it does,they should realize again that communities were always formed in Christianity,many ascetic,and the devotion and passion for the Words of Christ and the Apostles was nothing life we see today.
For starters the greatest and only true interpreter of the Holy Word is the Holy Spirit.Because of Him we are all united in what Jesus taught,lived,suffered,died,and was buried,but rose again and sits at the right hand of His Father in glory. How much more can HE be to us than our God,a Victor of the vast domain,the KING of kings,Lord of Lords.Each and every believer can know Him personally and individually.
What explanation is there needed when we ponder on the Word,read the Epistles,Paul and Peter,also John explain much and point us to the Living Christ,to love,teach,serve and be used of God,NOT to sin or live a life enslaved by sin.James the bishop of Jerusalem explains with a Jewish insight the fulfillment of the Law in Christ. WE have yet to know the full extent,as only we all see in part Clay.
The Bible is not a Book of contention for us as believers,it should only be that Book that confirms our faith,and helps us to direct our vision to that of Christ.The whole matter of the Word being spiritually discerned opens up a treasure chest of spiritual truth that can be confirmed by the Spirit.
In all the Scriptures we see the witness of the Spirit,the Word and the Blood.Even in the old covenant.I contend that the Scripture is not subservient to our will,for it represents literally Christ!
Pad - being a typical "Christian" has its shortcomings when trying to skirt the situation, and you've shown that you are more than happy to express it as well.

First off, you started off with these questions:
"Christ is God,yet does He ever say in the New Testament that He is G o d?Christ is part of the GODHEAD,but does Jesus ever say emphatically that He is God the Son,that there is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit?"

...and then you didn't even answer them in your post.

Most "true Christians" will acknowledge that Jesus neve called himself "God".

Only "fake Christians" will through out the fallacy he was, and like you, never actually come out to say that he never did call himself "God".

Since he didn't, why do you feel the need to change the story -like others - and claim he did?

He never did, and neither should you.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#408564 Dec 11, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has an opinion, and no ones opinion trumps anyone elses.
There will never be intolerance of religious beliefs as long as one says "MY GOD IS BETTER THAN YOUR GOD" or "GOD LOVES ME MORE THAN HE LOVES YOU BECAUSE I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE NOT" or "IN ORDER FOR ANYONE TO BE SAVE YOU MUST BELIEVE IN MY JESUS"
Organized religion one day will be our downfall, and that day is coming sooner than later.
Michael

Sorry.

Most all you wrote is just opinion....
It is not supported by facts.
It is not reasoned.
Worthless....
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408565 Dec 11, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>even anthony and hank have told you that it didnt mean that I was asking God to send him to hell.
mankind does that themselves with their lifestyle.
you needed proof to verify what I was saying about graham, I provided it, if you dont like it, that is your problem(as if you dont have enough)NOT MINE.
YOU accuse and attack everyone one this thread and tell them how spiritual and how smart you are while you attack. I am holding you to the same standard. SHOW your statement and tell us WHAT DID IT MEAN. You are a LIAR. You even responded to me in a post that I was smarter than another poster because I understood what you said. NOW you try to crawfish out of YOUR statement. I repeat. YOU ARE A LIAR. Tell us what your statement DID mean and prove me wrong. BUT you can not.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#408566 Dec 11, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
One, I haven't tried to suppress your opinions or your beliefs. Yes, you must show me where I have tried to do so. A wee bit paranoid, are ya?
What new evidence was giving that I was stubbornly unreceptive to? What new evidence do you have?
TBS

Ah..., your just saying that to make me feel good....Aren't you?

No. I am not going to get sucker punched, and think you are serious about evidence....lol. Nice try.

But I thank you for time to reflect. And maybe that would prove helpful to you. Rather than ranting and raving, throwing wild punches with scripture( in which you don't know the context of covenant or dispensation), you might consider thinking and reflecting on it to a more positive end....
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408567 Dec 11, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
How does one receive Jesus into our hearts? Is it mental? Is is physical? Do we actually do something? Please tell me.
You are obviously not looking for answers Anthony. You are merely looking to make a point. So make your point and quit playing silly games.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408568 Dec 11, 2012
Tell us PERCY.Do you believe that anyone on this thread ( besdes you of coarse) is christian?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#408569 Dec 11, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I lost it at the Adam and Eve story.
EVERYONE in our world is penalized because two imperfect beings "WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE" made a mistake as the story goes, and were not given a chance for redemption.
Its all about Control by instilling FEAR, and power and money, and all religions have or do that.
I was raised a catholic and left about 14 years ago, like so many other ex-catholics on this forum. Its loaded!
Why would any God worth his salt, create a world of people over tens of thousands of years, with different beliefs, fighting each other all claimng righteousness.
If there is a God and this is an experiment. FAILURE!
makes no common sense..........
Michael

Its called the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil....

It has something to do with free will....

I guess you don't want one....

Knowledge is not free will.

Experiment failed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 41 min Scales Off 8,511
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 2 hr Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1
The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Weal... (Jan '14) Oct 10 QUITTNER Oct 10 2014 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE