Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,623
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408539 Dec 11, 2012
Why does Preston refuse to tells us what his statement DID mean. He has been quick to try to deny it and tell us what it DID NOT mean. And now he trys to divert by going on and on in his vicious attack of Billy Grahm. The man is a NUT CASE!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#408540 Dec 11, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
If he is alive, what did he sacrifice?
"Come, let us worship and bow down.Let us kneel before the LORD our maker, for He is our God. We are the people He watches over, the sheep under His care. Oh, that you would listen to His voice today!" Psalm 95:6-7.

Simply He sacrificed His right to destroy His enemies,set Himself free and rule the world,than,rather than to allow the Free Will of human kind to receive Him by faith,using their free will to choose either to serve Him or to hate Him.He chooses to watch over us like a Shepherd rather than a tyrant.

You asked a good question Black Sheep,but you thought that Jesus really didn't sacrifice anything,as He is alive and surely dying and not rising would be somewhat a real sacrifice for such a person as He. Nevertheless,Jesus sacrificed His Right to vanquish His Enemies,to allow them the temporal victory of His B o d y by Crucifixion and death,but by His own Blood redeeming even His Enemies if they come to Him by faith.

"Dear friends, let us continue to LOVE one another, for LOVE comes from G o d. Anyone who LOVES is born of G o d and knows G o d, but anyone who does not love does not know God- GOD is LOVE!
"God showed how much He loved us by sending His only S o n into the world so that we might have eternal life through H i m(Jesus the Christ).
"This is real l o v e. It is not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son as a SACRIFICE to take away our sins.
"Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to LOVE each other. 1JOHN 4:7-11.

"WE love each other as a result of His loving us first." 1John 4:19.

"And you know that Jesus came to take away our sins, for there is no sin in H i m.
"So if we continue to live in Him we won't sin either. But those who keep on sinning have never known H i m or understood who He is." 1 John 3:5-6.

I know a lot of people here do not like it when we give them a measure of Scripture,but the Scripture speaks well for itself,and needs not to be expounded ad Nauseum. If you just read the words and realize you yourself do not know this love which is from heaven,you might want to subject yourself,a choice of your own free will,to His love and find out it is real.

You see that the Scriptures speak in a complete way:first in authority,than in knowing,and finally in challenging the reader to Come to Him,the great Shepherd of His Sheep,both black and white,gray and so on, if you want to get technical as it were.

The sacrifice that Jesus made was to HUMBLE Himself rather than to just eradicate all opposition and take over the world which is His right,because He created it.You have a choice to make,and it should be made soon as possible,because frankly you never know when that choice will not be afforded you personally.

I realize you have rights,so do we all,but you also have the right to choose today whom you will serve,HIM who gave His life for you,knowing He could have destroyed all the OFFENCE,and to just save you,or maybe you would have never been born.There is evil in this world,and it is quite apparent,our country is facing times that we in the comfort of our homes watched on TV acted by men and women who for the most part never experienced what they portray.People around the world can tell us that evil is real,because they saw if first hand.LET me give you an example.

Continued:
marge

Ames, IA

#408541 Dec 11, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot more.
'that you may know that you have eternal life.'

what else?
marge

Ames, IA

#408542 Dec 11, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'receive' part is not instantaneous, it's part of the process.
Yes it is, until you fully receive having made you perfect He can't begin the process of making you holy.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#408543 Dec 11, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>why would youpost some Bible verses to me, I know the Bible much better than you do.
if you got a point make it or shut up, senility has got the best of you two old women
~~~
Hear the word of the Lord

Pro_8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Pro_8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Pro_11:2 When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.

Pro_13:10 Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.

Pro_14:3 In the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride: but the lips of the wise shall preserve them.

Pro_16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Pro_29:23 A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#408544 Dec 11, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You his daddy?
The Bible states how perfect Satan was made and he was the most adorned and beautiful of all of Gods Angels and lead to his iniquity etc. Persy never fails to mention how good looking he is and his son/grandchildren all get theirs after him. So yes he hasn't changed a bit in 6000 plus years.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#408545 Dec 11, 2012
Continued the Black Sheep a story of anguish.

I know personally a man who has suffered for years in a foreign country,and how he fled from that country with his wife and two sons,leaving behind his ailing mother,and other siblings,who eventually left as well.

This man I'll call JJ,as we call him that anyway.JJ is an Iranian Jew,along with his whole family.Originally he was born in Armenia,but his family chose to go to Iran for whatever reasons.JJ being a Jew had to excel beyond his class mates,who were mostly Muslim.He knew:Bahais,Christian and Zoroastrians as well that were also struggling under Islam.

However JJ became a medical researcher,but had to give of his time in the beginning of his career to visity many villages in Iran to be of service.However,he often encountered beatings by radical muslims,was treated like a lower citizen,and he had to pay a higher tax, than his Muslim neighbors to exist.

Under the Shah of Iran he did fair well in that because he scored so high on tests for University,was allowed to be educated abroad,and that was in Colorado.When he returned,he managed to get a job,but worked under some Muslims who made him do all the dirtiest jobs,and work in squalor conditions,often they called him a dirty Jew,and he feared often for the loss of that job even though he hated it at times.His wife and sons learned poverty as well,in spite of JJ's job which should have been paid well.But the taxes and the way Jews were treated in general,caused most of those families to suffer lack.

The day came when JJ was so fed up with his life,that he thought even that suicide would be better,but what about his precious wife and two little boys?How would they fair?Jews and other minorities had to suffer,and state aid was never an option for them.There also was constant pressure to convert to Islam,as their lives were seemingly better,but that could be debated as well.

Subsequently JJ decided with his wife to flee the country,but how?They literally walked and hopped buses with their two sons in toe to the border of Iran,and into Iraq surpisingly they made it across the border.Although the Iraqis were Muslim,they did give people who fled Iran safe passage through the country to the capital,and with the help of Bahais,JJ and his wife,along with the boys were able to board a plane to the US. JJ spent several years again improving on his career skills and worked in New York for awhile with the help of Jews there,and he moved to Illinois where he is retired now,his two sons are educated and have families.He and his wife are so loving and know what it is like to face dire hardships.To hear his story is to try and understand how evil human beings can be to one another,how to live in a society that hates what you are,it is mind boggling.

We never know what will transpire here in the US,but we can have the assurance as believers that God will be our beginning and our end on this earth,and the comfort of knowing He will take us into that forever,He is completely in control of,minus human attempts to destroy by political or religious,or whatever way.

"He lives forever,whose Name is Holy." Isaiah 57:8.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408546 Dec 11, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'receive' part is not instantaneous, it's part of the process.
So Jesus should havs said "I will PARTLY come in and ....". But that is not what He said.
We are talking about recieving a person(JESUS). Like you would recieve someone into your home. We recieve Jesus into our hearts. You don't "partially" recieve a person.
marge

Ames, IA

#408547 Dec 11, 2012
Sons of God - Children of God by adoption. Christians are called sons of God:

1. Because they are "adopted" by Him, 1 John 3:1.

2. Because they are "like Him;" they resemble Him and have His spirit.

3. They are united to the Lord Jesus, the Son of God, are regarded by Him as his brethren Matthew 25:40, and are therefore regarded as the children of the Most High.

On his name - This is another way of saying believeth in "him." The "name" of a person is often put for the person himself, John 2:23; John 3:18; 1 John 5:13. From this verse we learn:

1. That to be a child of God is a privilege - far more so than to be the child of any human being, though in the highest degree rich, or learned, or honored.

2. God gave them this privilege. It is not by their own works or deserts; it is because God chose to impart this blessing to them, Ephesians 2:8; John 15:16.

3. This favor is given only to those who believe on him. All others are the children of the wicked one, and no one who has not "confidence in God" can be regarded as his child. No parent would acknowledge one for his child, or approve of him, who had no confidence in him, who doubted or denied all he said, and who despised his character. Yet the sinner constantly does this toward God, and he cannot, therefore, be called his Son.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#408548 Dec 11, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
No, in post #408440 you made some specific claims and then #408458, you patch worked several verses to try to make them say what you wanted. I could do the same thing with any novel. Pull a sentence from here, add it to this one and that one and make the claim that altogether, they support my story.
If you would step back and take a look at what you did, you would see why there are three major divisions of the same religion. judaism, islam, and christianity. Within each of those three, there are thousands of subdivisions, all because people do, just as you did. A little from here, a little from there, a nice big one from here and poof, we have a new denomination!
This a good read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Heaven
As with any information, I highly suggest that you don't stop there. Read what is has to say, then does some research to see what on the wikipedia page is valid and what is not.
The bible is only about 3,500 years old; it was written and edited for over 1,700 years. Anatomically modern humans evolved about 200,000 years ago. That is a long time between creation and instruction!
I told you so. This poster is not interested in learning anything. They ask for quotes like they are interested only to nefariously slip around the quote by some route that only twisted logic and analysis can find.

Since: Nov 12

Marion, VA

#408549 Dec 11, 2012
Arguing with a Christian is like playing chess with a chicken. No matter how good one is at chess, the chicken will simply knock all the pieces over, crap on the board, and strut around like it won.

This entire conversation is a bunch of chickens clucking over a fairy tail.

I know that pisses you off, so FORGIVE me ;)

Location hidden

#408550 Dec 11, 2012
preston wrote:
clay, my youngest daughter gave birth three years ago to a little baby, that had a heart condition, her spine had not formed properly, she couldnt hold her head up, she was blind,
and we all loved that beautiful baby girl, and tears come now from missing her.(as karen can tell you, I am an emotional person)
Jessie KNEW that the baby had abnormalities, but she never chose an abortion, and we had that precious baby for one year to love.
and something good has come from that experience, jessie gave up music and chose to go into nursing so she could help others.
Preston I am sorry you had to endure this.Your humanity and faith however is clear in this experience.
preston

Waverly, OH

#408551 Dec 11, 2012
4GVN wrote:
Why does Preston refuse to tells us what his statement DID mean. He has been quick to try to deny it and tell us what it DID NOT mean. And now he trys to divert by going on and on in his vicious attack of Billy Grahm. The man is a NUT CASE!
even anthony and hank have told you that it didnt mean that I was asking God to send him to hell.

mankind does that themselves with their lifestyle.

you needed proof to verify what I was saying about graham, I provided it, if you dont like it, that is your problem(as if you dont have enough)NOT MINE.

Location hidden

#408552 Dec 11, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Some 'christians' believe that jesus is god and some believe that he is the son of god, not the same being. That is why there are some many sects of christianity.
christians claim that when they except christ as their personal lord and savior, the holy spirit comes into their hearts and gives them understanding; yet there are so many fighting sects of christianity! Did the holy spirit screw up?
When I would read the instructions on how to set up a Claymore mine, the instructions were very clear, so clear that anyone with a 3rd grade level in reading could follow them and not blow themselves up! I didn't need the holy spirit or the LT to fill my heart with understanding, I just needed to read.
Are you telling me that god, purposely made the bible, so difficult to understand, that even the holy spirit couldn't help most christians?!?! Are you telling me that your god could not have put together an instructional manual equal to what the Army could accomplish?
So, until all christians believe the same way, you cannot use the old, "Here I thought you knew the bible". It is not a valid statement.
If you want to know why there are so many denominations of Christianity, look at yourself.There are many, like yourself,who, with a minutae of study, see themselves as experts,believe they can out think God, and come up with their own lame perspective on Truth.For your info, Christ did not just throw a book at mankind. For you to understand Christianity you have to be plugged into the people that were taught by the people He taaught.People have been doing their own philosophizing re the Word of God since Origen.Atheists have been "outsmarting" and debating God from our beginning.It uis not enough to just ask questyions. Sopme of us have not onlly asked questions but have searched to find the answers.Questions are ok. But you have tajen just the first step.
preston

Waverly, OH

#408553 Dec 11, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Hear the word of the Lord
i THINK OVER THE 4 OR SO YEARS THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ON HERE, I HAVE WITSTOOD THE EVILNESS AND FRAUDULENT BEHAVIOR THAT YOU HAVE EXHIBITED ON THIS FORUM.

YOUR PRIDE IS VERY EVIDENT WHEN YOU MAKE ALL OF YOUR FALSE ACCUSATIONS, NOT ONLY TO ME BUT TO MANY CATHOLICS ON HERE,AND WHEN SHOWN THE ERRORS OF YOUR WAY,

you go hide under the skirt of your wife.

YOU HAVENT CHANGED, JOHN CALLED YOU OUT YEARS AGO FOR BEING A COWARD AND ANTHONY DOES NOW.

and your arrogance is so strong that the stench coming from you, overwhelms any words that you might say.

and your disobediance is habitual on this forum, and in fact, you are the worst of the lot on here.

you seem to think that because you have a concordance and post Bible verses that that makes you spiritual but it doesnt, it reaffirms your following of the likes of benny hinn.

and your wife came on here acting "goody two shoes", but it didnt take long for her black soul to reveal itself to people on here with her lies.in which she got caught in and then you had the nerve one month after she was caught to join yourself into her lies.

SHE LIES AND YOU/LTM SWEAR TO IT.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#408554 Dec 11, 2012
preston wrote:
clay, my youngest daughter gave birth three years ago to a little baby, that had a heart condition, her spine had not formed properly, she couldnt hold her head up, she was blind,
and we all loved that beautiful baby girl, and tears come now from missing her.(as karen can tell you, I am an emotional person)
Jessie KNEW that the baby had abnormalities, but she never chose an abortion, and we had that precious baby for one year to love.
and something good has come from that experience, jessie gave up music and chose to go into nursing so she could help others.
Nice story Preston.

I can't agree with anyone who would accept abortion under any circumstances..

If my wife became pregnant because she was raped, would I consider an abortion? No. And that thought- I will acknowledge - is extremely difficult to imagine. I get how both sides feel about that scenario.
Basically it comes down to whether or not its ok to kill the baby because a horrible crime happened to their mom. Anyone called by God should say no.

The rape scenario is extremely rare.

In you daughters case ...I think that happens more often where the mother terminates the pregnancy because the child will be disabled. God is truly saddened by that. We have so much to learn from people with disabilities, they are gifts from God.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#408555 Dec 11, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So Jesus should havs said "I will PARTLY come in and ....". But that is not what He said.
We are talking about recieving a person(JESUS). Like you would recieve someone into your home. We recieve Jesus into our hearts. You don't "partially" recieve a person.
How does one receive Jesus into our hearts? Is it mental? Is is physical? Do we actually do something? Please tell me.

Location hidden

#408556 Dec 11, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Pick any topic and then any novel. Within a week, I will piece together 100's of sentences that support the topic that you picked. It will be hard work, but to prove that km really did nothing, it will be worth it.
I can prove that Mark Twain told the truth! His book, "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn", clearly states it. If you do not believe me, then the holy spirit does not live your heart.
Yeah, that is what religion is like.
There is Truth beyond man's varied interpretations.Look at philosophy, Or differences in scientists thoughts. Black Sheep. There were many variations in what philosopherts posed. Look at Socrates. Then examine Sartre.Because they differ, does this mean Truth does not exist? Also does it mean that each of them does not have any Trith at all, or is there some Truth in each of them.
I am fully aware of quote mining and I see your point.It does not however negate God's Truth or the brilliant minds and souls beyond topix that have approached it.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#408557 Dec 11, 2012
JLDWolfe wrote:
Arguing with a Christian is like playing chess with a chicken. No matter how good one is at chess, the chicken will simply knock all the pieces over, crap on the board, and strut around like it won.
This entire conversation is a bunch of chickens clucking over a fairy tail.
I know that pisses you off, so FORGIVE me ;)
That's an insult....but hilarious!

Im going to steal that. Only, I'll say "arguing with Protestants is like playing chess with a chicken..."lol

Ignorance is displayed to its fullest potential on this board no doubt.
preston

Waverly, OH

#408558 Dec 11, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Preston I am sorry you had to endure this.Your humanity and faith however is clear in this experience.
thanks hermi, I appreciate those kind words.

my Pastor used to give us these words, and he did paraphrase, I think, and if they arent Biblical, they are Spiritual.

he said, "in the 6th trouble, He will not leave us, and in the 7th trouble He will not forsake us".

and you are a living testimony to those words.

two years ago, we moved from the farm into a house that we purchased and had fixed up, expecting some day to move into it. however that day came sooner than we expected.it was very difficult to live there without her being on the couch, and it seemed as if all of us decided to leave at the same time.

I think God that He can take something bad and use it for His Glory.Only He can do that for us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 16 hr Mr Sir 8,723
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Fri QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web