Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
393,481 - 393,500 of 533,289 Comments Last updated 37 min ago
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah and my first question to him was IS THAT YOU PERSY ?
The post had undertiones in it that was in previous conversaion of Persy's and the poster also has the same satanic vendictive carnal minded spirit as Persy.
You may be the one needing to watch out agreeing with his many post that speaks volumes of his bad disposition and character.
Preston is NOT the same as that other poster....

Have you ever heard Preston use that kind of language???

NO!!!!

So why would you even think that they are the same????

Don't start TROUBLE where there IS none...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I hardly ever post on here,yet you are saying I agree with his many post?
How can you say that when I very seldom post?
You have said many times that you believe that nasty poster is Preston.
I just don't believe he is.
Preston is NOT that person, FOL....

7th is just trying to start trouble where there is none....

I have NEVER heard Preston use that kind of language....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>for and foremost, you have no business asking me anything, we arent friends. capish?
second, she does know me and knows that I have never talked dirty one time on this forum.
i am not like your friends, oddjg, and 4bdn
Don't concern yourself, Preston....

We know it is not you....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
4GVN wrote:
preston wrote:
May God find him a nice quite out of the way place in a hot
community. where the sun never shines.
These are Preston's own words in which he asked that God would send Billy Grahm to hell. He even pointed out that I was smarter than another poster for recognizing that fact. BUT now Satan's pawn is trying to deny that that is what he said. He is trying to decieve. He is being a LIAR, while calling everyone else liars.
&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&So PERCY, since you are trying to LIE your way out of your OWN WORDS. Tell us what this statement meant.
It means:

That Graham and the rest of them have already CONDEMNED themselves for teaching false doctrine....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You are not like any of my friends.lol In fact I seriously doubt that you have any 'friends' at all. BTW, did you once crawl on your belly?
Yea, I have crawled on my belly during military training....because if you didn't you would be SHOT.....

So what about it???

Have you ever crawled on your belly in service to your country???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
preston wrote:
May God find him a nice quite out of the way place in a hot
community. where the sun never shines.
Have you ever prayed for all of these LOST SOULS that Graham and the others have lead astray???

Ephesians 5:6

6 Let no one deceive you with EMPTY WORDS, for because of such things Godís wrath comes on those who are disobedient.

False teachers causes SOULS to become "children of disobedience."

Why???

Because they are DISOBEDIENT to the "Word of God."

And, this brings what???

God's WRATH.....
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
4GVN,
You don't seem to understand that Graham and the rest of them have already CONDEMNED themselves for teaching false doctrine.....
It is that simple....
It is NOT you, nor Preston, nor me, nor anyone else....they have done it to themselves.....
Errors from teaching the Word of God can arise from without and from within.
Graham was raised 'Bible alone'. He was taught from very early on that private interpretation is ok. He preached the word of God how he saw it and with 100% love for Jesus Christ.
Under private interpretation/sola scripture, not one of you can say he was wrong. You guys have no collective agreement of scripture; no dogma.
As for Rev Grahams salvation... God will decide his soul. One thing for sure, he led millions to Jesus Christ- even if those folks weren't taught the fullness of Our Lords will. They still found Christ.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever prayed for all of these LOST SOULS that Graham and the others have lead astray???
Ephesians 5:6
6 Let no one deceive you with EMPTY WORDS, for because of such things Godís wrath comes on those who are disobedient.
False teachers causes SOULS to become "children of disobedience."
Why???
Because they are DISOBEDIENT to the "Word of God."
And, this brings what???
God's WRATH.....
Not trying to pick a fight Truth...
But whoever is out there teaching that the New Testament is all that is taught about Jesus Christ is teaching falsely.
The two oldest groups, the Catholic and Orthodox do not teach that- for obvious reasons.
Scripture alone, to anyone in the first millennium, would have been extremely foreign. It simply was never taught.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

who="Hermeneutics Smutics"Kay Having experienced exchange with this poster I doubt whether all your work finding quotations will mean much to them.

Thanks. I keep hoping.

Trusting that you are getting stronger.

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

who="TheBlackSheep"
No, in post #408440 you made some specific claims and then #408458, you patch worked several verses to try to make them say what you wanted. I could do the same thing with any novel. Pull a sentence from here, add it to this one and that one and make the claim that altogether, they support my story.
If you would step back and take a look at what you did, you would see why there are three major divisions of the same religion. judaism, islam, and christianity. Within each of those three, there are thousands of subdivisions, all because people do, just as you did. A little from here, a little from there, a nice big one from here and poof, we have a new denomination!
This a good read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Heaven
As with any information, I highly suggest that you don't stop there. Read what is has to say, then does some research to see what on the wikipedia page is valid and what is not.
The bible is only about 3,500 years old; it was written and edited for over 1,700 years. Anatomically modern humans evolved about 200,000 years ago. That is a long time between creation and instruction!

U.S. laws prohibit breaking the speed limit, failing to stop at red lights, murder and theft. By your reasoning one must say that the U.S. didn't say that, because those things are on DIFFERENT PAGES.

You seem only to want to argue. I would suggest that you wish to 'break the law'(God's law). If you can persuade yourself that His law is wrong, or does not exist, you MIGHT be able to salve your conscience...at least for a little while.

KayMarie
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Preston,
You have NOT condemned anyone.....
Graham and the rest of them have already CONDEMNED themselves from teaching false doctrine....
4GVN just doesn't want to accept these facts....
HANK, HE AND THE SDA guy are only trying to cause trouble. he keeps saying that I was asking god to send graham to hell and my words were a statement only.

BUT IF IT ISNT GRAHAM, IT WOULD BE SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

and last night, as karen was telling them that I am not that bob fella, marge piped up and wanted to tell the world about what I might have said about Karen even tho, karen and i have patched up our disagreements and have went back to being friends.

now that is a gossip, but I dont expect gif et al to say anything to her
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps the quesstion should be 'what is this gift'. The gift is JESUS.'And as many as recieved HIM, to them He gave the power to become Sons' of God.'
No, that's not the question. We already know it's salvation through Jesus. Catholics and protestants acknowledge this. The question remains; what is it to 'receive' the gift? You say it's a simple mental acknowledgement and affirmation of His sacrifice and love for us. We say it's more. Both positions have biblical support, but your idea didn't come about until 1500 years later.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE GOD BLESS.
DEC 25TH MAY NOT BE THE DAY JESUS WAS BORN, BUT IT IS THE DAY THE WHOLE WORLD TOGETHER CELEBRATES HIS BIRTH.

Scroll down and enjoy for my friends

: Train ride

I think this is beautiful.

Floyd Cramer at the piano.
Just wait for the pictures to come on and have your sound

on.
This is really beautiful.
Click on the Link below...and enjoy!!! or cut and paste

http://www.openmyeyeslord.net/Train%20Ride.sw...
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Graham was raised 'Bible alone'. He was taught from very early on that private interpretation is ok. He preached the word of God how he saw it and with 100% love for Jesus Christ.
Under private interpretation/sola scripture, not one of you can say he was wrong. You guys have no collective agreement of scripture; no dogma.
As for Rev Grahams salvation... God will decide his soul. One thing for sure, he led millions to Jesus Christ- even if those folks weren't taught the fullness of Our Lords will. They still found Christ.
in one of the articles it states that if ALL of those alledgely converts were actually Saved, ther would be no crime.

I can only speak for one of his events, ok?

but in Columbus, ohio many years ago. I was one chosen to talk to people that did come forward to receive a phamplet(NOT SALVATION)

and were given seats all over the stadium, and when he gave the altar call, we along with the few that got up on their own, came up too, so people unsuspecting would think that hundreds even thousands wer coming forward to be Saved.

Clay it was chichanery at its highest form of trickery. now you can beleive me or not.God knows, that to me is all that counts.

you know that I am not going to lie about something just to prove a point.

and your statement that God will decide his soul, is not entirely accurate,for it is written;"work out your own soul Salvation".

graham might have been saved once, but it didnt stick, again it is written"for the love of the world is enmity against God."

I realize wherr youa re coming from, grham is a much better friend to the RCC than he has been to Israel.

however being a friend to Israel will be more beneficial to anyone that being friends with your church, and I say that not to belittle your beleifs.

there is a Blessing that goes with being friends with Israel,there is none for being friends with the Vatican

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
Is jesus god? If so, gods cannot die.

If jesus is god or was with god in the beginning, then jesus knew that he could not really die. Therefore, no sacrifice.

So, we can conclude that you do not believe that jesus is god and the trinity is BS.

Cool. It is good to know how one believes.

Certainly Jesus knew that there would be life after His death.(We should know that too.) He said beforehand that, "No one takes My life. I GIVE IT." He also said that in three days He would raise up His temple (body).

No sacrifice? Try telling someone who is being tortured to death with nails and thorns and and a spear that they are not sacrificing anything...especially when they are doing it willingly, and out of love FOR YOU!

I don't see you doing that...you don't even show kindness to anyone on here...

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Your bias is overshadowing your discernment. If you cannot or will not see that he is perhaps the most hateful and judgemental person on this thread then I am disapppointed in you. NO one attacks and accuses and slanders in such a manner. The man has attacked some of the greatest ministers of God in this generation. Such men as Adrian Rodgers, Charles Stanley and Billy Grahm to name a few. He has asked God to send Billy Grahm to hell. He is an anti-christ, and your unholy allience is sad to witness.
While preston and I disagree on most theological points and while I wouldn't necessarily use his methods, I think he's a pretty bright guy and sees many of the folks here for what they are. I happen to agree with him that your list of "great" ministers is really just a matter of opinion. Don't forget, most of the protestants have attacked many people we Catholics consider great "minsters" of God, and you give them a pass.

And I don't recall ever seeing a post where he was praying that God sends Billy Graham to hell.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>I most certainly did not "ask" God to send graham to hell, I am not like Orville. nor am I praying for graham to be sent to hell,
however that is the place that God has reserved for the devil and those who follow him, people like you for instance.
God has dictated that people like graham who speaks harshly against Israel will be sent to hell. you cant change that and I support God 100%.
even now, today,we see that the Nations are coming against Israel as the Bible foretold.and those nations will be punished when all is said and done.
but the Word that was spoken by God also implicates individuals too, and that includes false teachers also.
you and the sda cultist can make me out to be as evil as you wish, I dont care.
I knew a long time ago, that to support the Word of God would not make me popular with the devil and his friends.
so I will not lose any sleep over what a pervert like you thinks.
let God be true and graham reap what he has sowed.
Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

clay read this article. it disporoves the works of graham.

But as before, this says nothing about the altar call. A man or woman "walking forward" down the aisle of a church building is obviously not what our Lord had in mind. A man's willingness (or unwillingness) to come to the front of a church building says nothing about his willingness to come to Christ. Walking in front of a crowd has nothing at all to do with the conversion process, and we have no right to create such a false category of "public declaration of faith" and thus pronounce the Biblical requirement fulfilled. We have every right indeed, we have divine right to require baptism as this outward and public profession of faith. And we have every right to expect that faith to continue to be evident in life. But the altar call is another matter entirely. It is an artificial, man-made requirement which, by virtue of its human origin, is a matter of no consequence whatever.

http://www.biblicalstudies.com/bstudy/ecclesi...

Now unlike this writer, and unlike graham, I do believe in an altar call and a trip to the mourners bench, which is a far cry from what graham calls an enquiry.

I beleive that a person ccomes upand Prays and gets things settled with God. we call it "praying through", and it worked for me for over 30 years.

I am not the same person that walked in that church on 8/25/82 on a Wed. night, and ALL of those that knew me back then knows my testimony is True.

that night, I received an "altar call" 12 miles from that altar, when God spoke to me adn said "come" and I did. however when I got to that church, I wanted to go forward and get saved, but as my leg was out to walk forward God stopped me and told me to set down(and if I tell this a million times, it will never changed because it is the truth, and my friend and who also was my best man came back and started tgelling me how much God loved me and then he went back up front and when he walked past acertain person, she turned and came back and said words like this."Come and give your life to the Lord", and I did and I havent been the same since God Saved my soul.

NOW THAT IS A REAL ALTAR CALL, NOT THE SHOW THAT GRAHAM PUTS ON.THER WAS NO ONE AT THAT ALTAR GIVING ME A PHAMPLET, ONLY PEOPLE THAT WANTED TO PRAY THAT gOD WOULD SAVE MY SOUL, AND THEIR PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Keep the faith...and this message.......... moving....

A Different Christmas Poem
The embers glowed softly, and in their dim light,
I gazed round the room and I cherished the sight.
My wife was asleep, her head on my chest,
My daughter beside me, angelic in rest.
Outside the snow fell, a blanket of white,
Transforming the yard to a winter delight.

The sparkling lights in the tree I believe,
Completed the magic that was Christmas Eve.
My eyelids were heavy, my breathing was deep,
Secure and surrounded by love I would sleep.
In perfect contentment, or so it would seem,
So slumbered I, perhaps I started to dream.

The sound wasn't loud, and it wasn't too near,
But I opened my eyes when it tickled my ear.

Perhaps just a cough, I didn't quite know,

Then the sure sound of footsteps outside in the snow.

My soul gave a tremble, I struggled to hear,
And I crept to the door just to see who was near.

Standing out in the cold and the dark of the night,
A lone figure stood, his face weary and tight.

A soldier, I puzzled, some twenty years old,
Perhaps a Trooper, huddled here in the cold.

Alone in the dark, he looked up and smiled,
Standing watch over me, and my wife and my child.

"What are you doing?" I asked without fear,
"Come in this moment, it's freezing out here!

Put down your pack, brush the snow from your sleeve,
You should be at home on a cold Christmas Eve!"

For barely a moment I saw his eyes shift,
Away from the cold and the snow blown in drifts.

To the window that danced with a warm fire's light
Then he sighed and he said "Its really all right,
I'm out here by choice. I'm here every night."

"It's my duty to stand at the front of the line,
That separates you from the darkest of times.

No one had to ask or beg or implore me,
I'm proud to stand here like my fathers before me.
My Gramps died in Europe on a day in December,"
Then he sighed,

"That's a Christmas 'Gram always remembers."
I've not seen my own son in more than a while,
But my wife sends me pictures, he's sure got her smile.

Then he bent and he carefully pulled from his bag,
The red and the white ... A Canadian flag.
I can live through the cold and the being alone,
Away from my family, my house and my home.
I can stand at my post through the rain and the sleet,
I can sleep in a foxhole with little to eat.
I can carry the weight of killing another,
Or lay down my life with my sister and brother.
Who stand at the front against any and all,
To ensure for all time that this flag will not fall."

"So go back inside," he said, "harbor no fright,
Your family is waiting and I'll be all right."
"But isn't there something I can do, at the least,
"Give you money," I asked, "or prepare you a feast?
It seems all too little for all that you've done,
For being away from your wife and your son."
Then his eye welled a tear that held no regret,
"Just tell us you love us, and never forget.

To fight for our rights back at home while we're gone,
To stand your own watch, no matter how long.
For when we come home, either standing or dead,
To know you remember we fought and we bled.
Is payment enough, and with that we will trust,
That we mattered to you as you mattered to us."

PLEASE,

Would you do me the kind favor of sending this to as many people as you can?

Christmas will be coming soon and some credit is due to our
service men and women for our being able to celebrate
these festivities.

Let's try in this small way to pay a tiny bit of what we owe.

Make people stop and think of our heroes, living and dead, who sacrificed
themselves for us.

TO ALL OUR SERVICE MEN AND WOMAN, A VERY SPECIAL THANKS AND A MERRY CHRISTMAS GOD BLESS.
The Oracle

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
TheBlackSheep wrote:
Is jesus god? If so, gods cannot die.
If jesus is god or was with god in the beginning, then jesus knew that he could not really die. Therefore, no sacrifice.
So, we can conclude that you do not believe that jesus is god and the trinity is BS.
Cool. It is good to know how one believes.
Certainly Jesus knew that there would be life after His death.(We should know that too.) He said beforehand that, "No one takes My life. I GIVE IT." He also said that in three days He would raise up His temple (body).
No sacrifice? Try telling someone who is being tortured to death with nails and thorns and and a spear that they are not sacrificing anything...especially when they are doing it willingly, and out of love FOR YOU!
I don't see you doing that...you don't even show kindness to anyone on here...
KayMarie

You've described a masochist here. Like Jesus didn't really care about the ridiculous concept of life after death. He was in it for the ultimate BDSM thrill.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 12 min Cultastic 8,186
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 13 min ELIAS IBARRA 60
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 48 min Jaffna Fake Brahmin Dog 3
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••