Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 558,910
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#408519 Dec 11, 2012
Keep the faith...and this message.......... moving....

A Different Christmas Poem
The embers glowed softly, and in their dim light,
I gazed round the room and I cherished the sight.
My wife was asleep, her head on my chest,
My daughter beside me, angelic in rest.
Outside the snow fell, a blanket of white,
Transforming the yard to a winter delight.

The sparkling lights in the tree I believe,
Completed the magic that was Christmas Eve.
My eyelids were heavy, my breathing was deep,
Secure and surrounded by love I would sleep.
In perfect contentment, or so it would seem,
So slumbered I, perhaps I started to dream.

The sound wasn't loud, and it wasn't too near,
But I opened my eyes when it tickled my ear.

Perhaps just a cough, I didn't quite know,

Then the sure sound of footsteps outside in the snow.

My soul gave a tremble, I struggled to hear,
And I crept to the door just to see who was near.

Standing out in the cold and the dark of the night,
A lone figure stood, his face weary and tight.

A soldier, I puzzled, some twenty years old,
Perhaps a Trooper, huddled here in the cold.

Alone in the dark, he looked up and smiled,
Standing watch over me, and my wife and my child.

"What are you doing?" I asked without fear,
"Come in this moment, it's freezing out here!

Put down your pack, brush the snow from your sleeve,
You should be at home on a cold Christmas Eve!"

For barely a moment I saw his eyes shift,
Away from the cold and the snow blown in drifts.

To the window that danced with a warm fire's light
Then he sighed and he said "Its really all right,
I'm out here by choice. I'm here every night."

"It's my duty to stand at the front of the line,
That separates you from the darkest of times.

No one had to ask or beg or implore me,
I'm proud to stand here like my fathers before me.
My Gramps died in Europe on a day in December,"
Then he sighed,

"That's a Christmas 'Gram always remembers."
I've not seen my own son in more than a while,
But my wife sends me pictures, he's sure got her smile.

Then he bent and he carefully pulled from his bag,
The red and the white ... A Canadian flag.
I can live through the cold and the being alone,
Away from my family, my house and my home.
I can stand at my post through the rain and the sleet,
I can sleep in a foxhole with little to eat.
I can carry the weight of killing another,
Or lay down my life with my sister and brother.
Who stand at the front against any and all,
To ensure for all time that this flag will not fall."

"So go back inside," he said, "harbor no fright,
Your family is waiting and I'll be all right."
"But isn't there something I can do, at the least,
"Give you money," I asked, "or prepare you a feast?
It seems all too little for all that you've done,
For being away from your wife and your son."
Then his eye welled a tear that held no regret,
"Just tell us you love us, and never forget.

To fight for our rights back at home while we're gone,
To stand your own watch, no matter how long.
For when we come home, either standing or dead,
To know you remember we fought and we bled.
Is payment enough, and with that we will trust,
That we mattered to you as you mattered to us."

PLEASE,

Would you do me the kind favor of sending this to as many people as you can?

Christmas will be coming soon and some credit is due to our
service men and women for our being able to celebrate
these festivities.

Let's try in this small way to pay a tiny bit of what we owe.

Make people stop and think of our heroes, living and dead, who sacrificed
themselves for us.

TO ALL OUR SERVICE MEN AND WOMAN, A VERY SPECIAL THANKS AND A MERRY CHRISTMAS GOD BLESS.
The Oracle

UK

#408520 Dec 11, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
TheBlackSheep wrote:
Is jesus god? If so, gods cannot die.
If jesus is god or was with god in the beginning, then jesus knew that he could not really die. Therefore, no sacrifice.
So, we can conclude that you do not believe that jesus is god and the trinity is BS.
Cool. It is good to know how one believes.
Certainly Jesus knew that there would be life after His death.(We should know that too.) He said beforehand that, "No one takes My life. I GIVE IT." He also said that in three days He would raise up His temple (body).
No sacrifice? Try telling someone who is being tortured to death with nails and thorns and and a spear that they are not sacrificing anything...especially when they are doing it willingly, and out of love FOR YOU!
I don't see you doing that...you don't even show kindness to anyone on here...
KayMarie

You've described a masochist here. Like Jesus didn't really care about the ridiculous concept of life after death. He was in it for the ultimate BDSM thrill.
Clay

United States

#408521 Dec 11, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>in one of the articles it states that if ALL of those alledgely converts were actually Saved, ther would be no crime.
I can only speak for one of his events, ok?
but in Columbus, ohio many years ago. I was one chosen to talk to people that did come forward to receive a phamplet(NOT SALVATION)
and were given seats all over the stadium, and when he gave the altar call, we along with the few that got up on their own, came up too, so people unsuspecting would think that hundreds even thousands wer coming forward to be Saved.
Clay it was chichanery at its highest form of trickery. now you can beleive me or not.God knows, that to me is all that counts.
you know that I am not going to lie about something just to prove a point.
and your statement that God will decide his soul, is not entirely accurate,for it is written;"work out your own soul Salvation".
graham might have been saved once, but it didnt stick, again it is written"for the love of the world is enmity against God."
I realize wherr youa re coming from, grham is a much better friend to the RCC than he has been to Israel.
however being a friend to Israel will be more beneficial to anyone that being friends with your church, and I say that not to belittle your beleifs.
there is a Blessing that goes with being friends with Israel,there is none for being friends with the Vatican
I'm just saying its hard for anyone to get involved in determining Grahams salvation. I would agree, that if he knowingly stood up and preached to those stadiums something about Jesus Christ that he knew in his heart to be false, then it ain't looking to good for him in the near future.
Personally, I don't get that impression of Mr Graham. I think he had a conviction in his heart that he was called by God to preach the Bible and he did it with what HE understood to be truth.

Under sola scripture and private interpretation, no one can challenge him.
Only God knows what Graham understood in his heart.
But that is only my impression...maybe you dealt with him on a different level or know people who have. I didn't... It just seems like he is truthful.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#408522 Dec 11, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
..I am only here to confront You Roman Catholics with the truth from the word of God....
Over the years.... that I have been on this forum...
none with the exception of Herme ...
who is (Orthodox) Catholic. and Father Rob who has been kind. THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES
that has made an effort to converse with me.
The rest of you have spent your time calling me names....
Evidently you don't know what you believe, or why you believe it.
You certainly cannot give any scriptural validation/evidence for
what you claim to be true..
None of you have made any effort to do so.
Evidently just taking someone else's word for it satisfies you...and
searching out examining it, comparing to the Bible for truth is
considered taboo..
You just can't question what you are told...
But be assured...if they are IN ERROR...you will be in Hell together..
WHAT IF YOU.TRUST.. BELIEVE WHAT THEY HAVE SAID... YOU FIND THEY ARE WRONG ---AND YOU ARE ARE DEAD...WHAT THEN?
I given loads of scriptural validation, you just think you know better.

One little point to consider confrinting, if the Catholic Church is right about the Eucharist and the other sacraments, and instead you accept the teachings of the reformers, "WHAT IF YOU.TRUST.. BELIEVE WHAT THEY HAVE SAID... YOU FIND THEY ARE WRONG ---AND YOU ARE ARE DEAD...WHAT THEN?"
preston

Waverly, OH

#408523 Dec 11, 2012
Q. What specific reservations do you have about modern evangelism as such?

A. I am unhappy about organized campaigns and even more about the invitation system of calling people forward. Mark you, I consider Billy Graham an utterly honest, sincere, and genuine man. He, in fact, asked me in 1963 to be chairman of the first Congress on Evangelism, then projected for Rome, not Berlin. I said I’d make a bargain: if he would stop the general sponsorship of his campaigns – stop having liberals and Roman Catholics on the platform and drop the invitation system (altar calls), I would whole-heartedly support him and chair the congress. We talked for three hours, but he didn’t accept these conditions.

I just can’t subscribe to the idea that either congresses or campaigns really deal with the situation. The facts, I feel, substantiate my point of view: in spite of all that has been done in the last 20 or 25 years, the spiritual situation has deteriorated rather than improved. I am convinced that nothing can avail but churches and ministers on their knees in total dependence on God. As long as you go on organizing, people will not fall on their knees and implore God to come and heal them. It seems to me that the campaign approach trusts ultimately in techniques rather in the power of the Spirit. Graham certainly preaches the Gospel. I would never criticize him on that score. What I have criticized, for example, is that in the Glasgow campaign he had John Sutherland Bonnell address the ministers’ meets. I challenged that. Graham replied,“You know, I have more fellowship with John Sutherland Bonnell than with many evangelical ministers.” I replied,“Now it may be that Bonnell is a nicer chap than Lloyd-Jones – I’ll not argue that. But real fellowship is something else: I can genuinely fellowship only with someone who holds the same basic truths that I do.”

here is some questions that are brought forward and this man is very honest with himself as well as with graham.

he calls it a campaign not necessarily a religious revival;for you see, in Christian churches, the Holy Spirit brings them.
preston

Waverly, OH

#408524 Dec 11, 2012
preston

Waverly, OH

#408525 Dec 11, 2012
<quoted text>
Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
so who do I address this reply to? the one that wears the pants or the one that hides behind the skirt.

if you have anything to say to me,then say it. random verses from the bible dont mean anything unless they are backed by the holy spirit in Truth.

I call 4bdn a pevert for one simple reason, He is.

when John was sick, he talked really bad to him and I told him that John was sick and diddnt derserve that kind of talk. then he issued john a homosexual invitation.

you may in your convoluted mind, think that this talk is ok, but Chrsitians dont. so where does that leave you?

he and the sda cultist are trying to say that that Bob guy is me, talking filthy, I HAVE NEVER USED ANY FILTHY CONVERSATION ON THIS FORUM SINCE I HAVE BEEN HERE. I am not like them and LTM, and like you making false accusations all of the time.

some day, old man/woman, your soul is going to required of you, and you just might like wher it ends up.

false piety does that to frauds and charlatans. maybe you and benny hinn can find a seat together
marge

Ames, IA

#408526 Dec 11, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not the question. We already know it's salvation through Jesus. Catholics and protestants acknowledge this. The question remains; what is it to 'receive' the gift? You say it's a simple mental acknowledgement and affirmation of His sacrifice and love for us. We say it's more. Both positions have biblical support, but your idea didn't come about until 1500 years later.
Tell us how it's more than,'And as many as recieved HIM, to them He gave the power to become Sons' of God.'
preston

Waverly, OH

#408527 Dec 11, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just saying its hard for anyone to get involved in determining Grahams salvation. I would agree, that if he knowingly stood up and preached to those stadiums something about Jesus Christ that he knew in his heart to be false, then it ain't looking to good for him in the near future.
Personally, I don't get that impression of Mr Graham. I think he had a conviction in his heart that he was called by God to preach the Bible and he did it with what HE understood to be truth.
But that is only my impression...maybe you dealt with him on a different level or know people who have. I didn't... It just seems like he is truthful.
read teh several atilces that I psot during the night. 5 hours of sleep is about all that I can get so I was up around 4 or 5.

however it isnt only the Heart that convicts a person, it is also his words. God knows our heart, man hears our words.

for it is written;For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

he has publically stated that he is for abortion, what man of God would write that in a christian book? none but billy graham

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#408528 Dec 11, 2012
The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
You've described a masochist here. Like Jesus didn't really care about the ridiculous concept of life after death. He was in it for the ultimate BDSM thrill.
~~~

Mat 26:51 And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear.

Mat 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Mat 26:53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

Mat 26:54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

Christ was taken because he was willing to be taken.

_________

From Geneva Bible commentary dated 1599

Hebrews 12:2
(2)(b) Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith;

who for the (c) joy that was set before him

endured the cross,

despising the shame, and

is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

___

(2) He sets before us, as the mark of this race, Jesus himself our captain, who willingly overcame all the roughness of the same way.

(b) As it were upon the mark of our faith.

(c) While he had every type of blessedness in his hand and power, yet suffered willingly the shame of the cross.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#408529 Dec 11, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>so who do I address this reply to? the one that wears the pants or the one that hides behind the skirt.
if you have anything to say to me,then say it. random verses from the bible dont mean anything unless they are backed by the holy spirit in Truth.
I call 4bdn a pevert for one simple reason, He is.
when John was sick, he talked really bad to him and I told him that John was sick and diddnt derserve that kind of talk. then he issued john a homosexual invitation.
you may in your convoluted mind, think that this talk is ok, but Chrsitians dont. so where does that leave you?
he and the sda cultist are trying to say that that Bob guy is me, talking filthy, I HAVE NEVER USED ANY FILTHY CONVERSATION ON THIS FORUM SINCE I HAVE BEEN HERE. I am not like them and LTM, and like you making false accusations all of the time.
some day, old man/woman, your soul is going to required of you, and you just might like wher it ends up.
false piety does that to frauds and charlatans. maybe you and benny hinn can find a seat together
~~~

I only gave you what Jesus said..

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Clay

United States

#408530 Dec 11, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>read teh several atilces that I psot during the night. 5 hours of sleep is about all that I can get so I was up around 4 or 5.
however it isnt only the Heart that convicts a person, it is also his words. God knows our heart, man hears our words.
for it is written;For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
he has publically stated that he is for abortion, what man of God would write that in a christian book? none but billy graham
Certainly my impression of Billy Graham would change if i found out he was pro choice.
I agree, no real man of God would ever take that position under any circumstances.
preston

Waverly, OH

#408531 Dec 11, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, this is serious business and is not to be trifled with.

when God calls a man, that man is supposed to live the Gospel as well as Preach the gospel.

now look at what I posted last night.

In Graham's book, Unto the Hills, on page 10 Graham writes,

To paraphrase the Bible, what shall it profit a man (or a woman) who gains the whole world but loses his or her own family?

LOOK AT THIS. THE BIBLE DOESNT SAY THIS AND EVERY NOVICE KNOWS THAT.HERE IS WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

This does not "paraphrase the Bible", this perverts the Bible (Mark 8:36).

yet in that very simple vese that every minsiter knows, graham gets away from the theme of that verse in which we are to tell a person that if you would get everything that this world has to offer, yet you lsoe your soul, it isnt a even tradeoff, and it has nothing to do with losing your family.

IT IS YOUR SOUL THAT IS AT STAKE HERE, and for this reason, he is failing to warn people and therfore his soul will be required of him. not my soul, not your soul but billy grahams soul.
am I over zealous just to prove apoint. not in the least.

I am teaching what the Word of God plainly says.

and it is exactly what I spoke about a couple of days ago concerning reggie telling mrs gif to quit sinning, regie gave her a bible verse and then warned her.

graham on the other hand lied.
preston

Waverly, OH

#408532 Dec 11, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
I only gave you what Jesus said..
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
why would youpost some Bible verses to me, I know the Bible much better than you do.

if you got a point make it or shut up, senility has got the best of you two old women
preston

Waverly, OH

#408533 Dec 11, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly my impression of Billy Graham would change if i found out he was pro choice.
I agree, no real man of God would ever take that position under any circumstances.
II. HIS ABORTIONS

Graham believes in the killing of babies. In The Billy Graham Christian Worker's Handbook (copyright 1997 edition) it says,

Billy Graham writes: "We should accept abortion in these cases: rape or incest or if the delivery of the child is a threat to a mother's life." (p. 19, bold added, hard copy on file, see also BGEA's email concerning this statement)
In the 1996 copyright revised 2001 edition it says,

Even sincere Christians may differ on whether or not abortion is ever justified, especially in difficult situations such as rape or incest, or when tests reveal that the unborn child has severe abnormalities.(The Billy Graham Christian Worker's Handbook, p. 21)

This is absolutely horrid! God says, "You shall not murder" (Exodus 20:13). Killing an unborn child is murder no matter how the child was conceived (rape or incest) or what abnormalities he or she may have (see Exodus 21:22-23 "life for life"). The Lord makes the mute, the deaf, and the blind (Exodus 4:11), and it is cruel hatred and murder to kill them.

flowery words sometimes hides a black heart
preston

Waverly, OH

#408534 Dec 11, 2012
clay, my youngest daughter gave birth three years ago to a little baby, that had a heart condition, her spine had not formed properly, she couldnt hold her head up, she was blind,

and we all loved that beautiful baby girl, and tears come now from missing her.(as karen can tell you, I am an emotional person)

Jessie KNEW that the baby had abnormalities, but she never chose an abortion, and we had that precious baby for one year to love.

and something good has come from that experience, jessie gave up music and chose to go into nursing so she could help others.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408535 Dec 11, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not the question. We already know it's salvation through Jesus. Catholics and protestants acknowledge this. The question remains; what is it to 'receive' the gift? You say it's a simple mental acknowledgement and affirmation of His sacrifice and love for us. We say it's more. Both positions have biblical support, but your idea didn't come about until 1500 years later.
No, you are not understanding. JESUS is the gift, and when we recieve him, He comes into our hearts and HE bebegins the cleaning process. "behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man opens the door I WILL COME IN AND FELLOWSHIP WITH HIM AND HE WITH ME."... I have never said it is "simple mental acknowledgement and affirmation of ...." but that is included in our recieving Him. We must accept and recieve Him into our hearts and lives. It is not a new idea, as you would suggest, but is as old as the New Testament. Many testify in the scriptures of being 'born anew by faith.' Read the scriptures for your self and see if it is not so.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#408536 Dec 11, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us how it's more than,'And as many as recieved HIM, to them He gave the power to become Sons' of God.'
A lot more.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408537 Dec 11, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>why would youpost some Bible verses to me, I know the Bible much better than you do.
if you got a point make it or shut up, senility has got the best of you two old women
Does this sound like the talk of a Godly Christian man? You aren't fit to carry Billy Grahms shoes.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#408538 Dec 11, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>No, you are not understanding. JESUS is the gift, and when we recieve him, He comes into our hearts and HE bebegins the cleaning process. "behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man opens the door I WILL COME IN AND FELLOWSHIP WITH HIM AND HE WITH ME."... I have never said it is "simple mental acknowledgement and affirmation of ...." but that is included in our recieving Him. We must accept and recieve Him into our hearts and lives. It is not a new idea, as you would suggest, but is as old as the New Testament. Many testify in the scriptures of being 'born anew by faith.' Read the scriptures for your self and see if it is not so.
The 'receive' part is not instantaneous, it's part of the process.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 8 min PopeTrueFace 3
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 57 min witchie poo 83,888
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns 7 hr Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... 7 hr Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 18 hr cooldude 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 hr Crazy 8,687
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web