Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667596 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408743 Dec 11, 2012
The Roman Catholic Church decided that 'SOME' of the books of the Apocrypha belonged in the bible shortly after the beginning of the Protestant Reformation. In fact, the Catholic Council of Trent(A.D.1545-1563)canonized these books some 1500 years AFTER they were writen, largly as a reaction against the Protestant Reformation.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408744 Dec 11, 2012
No Apocryphal book was written by a true prophet or apostle of God. And no apocryphal book was confirmed by divine miracles--- something that happened often with the prophets in the Old Testament and apostles in the New Testament.
truth

Perth, Australia

#408745 Dec 11, 2012
as heart he art every heart
you can drove as well represent as art..its look beautiful in procent two heart..
but you can have flower with much more heart.
How look in pro-cent in first king-doom of all flowers?
If two petals as one in 0003!
When you transform that into art..oh its look perfection.

He art every heart.

Every heart is not some trough mind..we not think some.
You call that as samantija..visited as doctor.
no
as well yes
you can be scare
if someone stolen your heart as well mind..as well art as well future divine plain..is that better explain ''great thief'' then samantija or dementia.

poor Einstein..he is been iujuju too..in order rip off ..poor Tesla..he is been rip off too..
Are you for sure..its ok to be not to much ijuju..no.
What a shame?

People with great ideology they not care what others want say.
I am not going even drove others invisible guest can see as they do.

How much they are honest..zero..as Chernobyl..o yes one card can sweep off everything.
be good..your planet is magnet as cake full of everything inaf without your innovation destroy all of us with super-mind who always look ijujuju or hopeless.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408746 Dec 11, 2012
preston wrote:
some people like 4bdn and the sda cultist need to growup. they bring nothing of any value to this forum, and are not worth talking to.so I shall place them in the "ignore" mode
Guess this statement is another of your lies.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408747 Dec 11, 2012
<quoted text>My bible says not by works. Is yours different? Can you show me the passage that says (and good works done in sanctifying grace are necessary)?
BTW, here's your verse;

James 2:24 - the phrase "faith alone" (the Greek "pisteos monon") only occurs once in the Bible. "Man is justified by works and NOT faith alone." Unlike what many Protestant churches teach, no where in Scripture does it say that man is justified or saved by "faith alone." To the contrary, man is not justified by faith alone. In Catholic theology, a person is justified by faith and works acting together, which comes solely from God’s divine grace. Faith alone never obtains the grace of justification (Council of Trent, chapter 8, canon 9). Also, the word “justified”(dikaiow) is the same word Paul uses for justification in Rom. 4:3 in regard to Abraham (so Protestants cannot argue James is not referring to “justification” in James 2:24 unless they argue Paul wasn’t in Rom. 4:3 either).
http://scripturecatholic.com/justification.ht ...
----------
Ther is no verse here that says what you claim. Do YOU ever READ YOUR OWN SPAM? Cluesess.
truth

Perth, Australia

#408748 Dec 11, 2012
ha ha ha..history is full of story of dementia as well disappearance especial good people with good value and good innovation..all of them mostly past to become or have great honor with great horror as accusation.
Perfect describe history and people with power.

by
truth

Perth, Australia

#408749 Dec 11, 2012
Its part of nature.
how i can express myself..you try change people..they born like that..you can't change nothing if someone to be born as child.
Others have as correction master mind innovation but not as they born to become as perfect mind.
no
others try discover trough invisible law
which is simple left trough time as well space..
zapazati=discover..Adam why you hide yourself?!

Someone try ruin or destroy many persons as well family on Satanic as well dark way invisible deadly..someone can see that..does meter how much they think they are smart..no no no they are not smart..but they are dangerous..but they don't liked know that others know too.
Its very well known.
How many documents set per day?
How many they ruin per day?
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408750 Dec 11, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
While preston and I disagree on most theological points and while I wouldn't necessarily use his methods, I think he's a pretty bright guy and sees many of the folks here for what they are. I happen to agree with him that your list of "great" ministers is really just a matter of opinion. Don't forget, most of the protestants have attacked many people we Catholics consider great "minsters" of God, and you give them a pass.
And I don't recall ever seeing a post where he was praying that God sends Billy Graham to hell.
Then perhaps you would tell me what this statement from Preston means..."May God grant him a warm place in a quiet community where the sun never shines." The question is not where is Preston referring to, as he has already admitted to me that it was a reference to hell. So the only question is what do the words "MAY God grant him"?
truth

Perth, Australia

#408751 Dec 11, 2012
Do you see pyramid..could you imagine many many thousand years back..are you for sure real Creator can't find nothing ..or perhaps they can do..but everything what is lost can be find.

Do you liked or not?
Think about that!
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#408752 Dec 11, 2012
13Dec12.....

...Why are 'MOST' monikers appearing in BLACK!!!!

Ps:.....Most monikers are appearing in BLACK because these posters are NOT True members of TOPIX Forums.

They once were. However, they got 'tossed' out so many times for so many reasons that they just gaveUP setting up NEW e:mail accounts that would allow them to become True members....fearing and knowing that they would continue to be tossed out again and again.

However, with a BLACK moniker, they can get away with some things....such as being hateful, bullying, and especially filty-minded and foul-mouthed.

.....but they cannot hide an address....even if they give a ficticious one, they MUST give an address. They cannot be 'hidden'.

Also, its more easy for a True Member to have a poster with a BLACK moniker reported and eventually 'tossed' off the Topic. Try it someDime.

But, that depends tooooo on 'who' in administration is pushing the button. BobLoblah always knows 'who'....so be careful now, ya'hear.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#408753 Dec 11, 2012
truth wrote:
Do you see pyramid..could you imagine many many thousand years back..are you for sure real Creator can't find nothing ..or perhaps they can do..but everything what is lost can be find. Do you liked or not? Think about that!
13Dec12.....

.....Hundreds of thousands of men and women were used and they all got paid.

Ps:.....They also got food and lodgings. Life wasn't dat bad.

Fresh air, good drinking water, lottsa rice and grain, goatMeat, camelMeat, vegetables and a 'thin' Native woman between them and the ground at night. No one was FAT.....and the hardWork was the best thing that every happened.

....Still is. Bring back 'hard work' and you won't have so many of these obese 'trolley-Dollies' moping around outside and inside the malls. Isn't it disgraceful to see the size of these fatties up at the burger counters. Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

...and vot a drag and cost to the Medical system toooooooooo.

Help the environment.......serve NO foodStuffs to fatties.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Sep 12

Arlington, TX

#408754 Dec 12, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>Think of religion and science as two stair cases. The science stair case has many steps. Fact that have been proven and repeated time and time again by anyone with the necessary knowledge. The religious stair case has two landings and no steps. There are no facts and nothing in religion can be repeated, time and time again by anybody.
I don't have to prove anything. Like in any other case the burden of proof is on the prosecution. You say there is no God therefore my God is trial you prove he doesn't exist.
I never said evolution is false I just asked how it started and I get a crap wiki link when I ask where are the millions of fossils to support human evolution I get another crap wiki link and an artist idea of what a half human looks like. So you keep on loving the goo you say we all came from and ill stick with God dun it. When we die we'll see who's right.

Arlington, TX

#408755 Dec 12, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>I have always liked that excuse! LOL! It is like you waving the white flag and screeming, "NO! I cannot explain it and I wish you would stop bringing it up!!" LOL!
Shall I type in caps ATLEAST 3 PEOPLE HAVE TRIED TO EXPLAIN THIS TO YOU. BY NOW THE PHONE I AM TYPING ON UNDERSTANDS IT. IT IS EASIER TO MAKE A ROCK UNDERSTAND THAN YOU IT IS LESS DENSE. IF YOU WANT TO UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GODS LAW AND THE CIVIL LAW MOSES HANDED OUT TO THE PEOPLE OF ISRAEL GO ASK SOMEONE ELSE AS I WILL NOT BE TELLING TOU AGAIN.

Arlington, TX

#408756 Dec 12, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>Did that make you feel better? LOL!
No the evidence is stacked against you atheists do not exist.

I will argue that they know God is real and only fight the idea because of guilt.
I will also point out that no one spends time trying to prove or dis prove what they know to be false. Therefore anyone who spends time trying to show proof God isn't real must believe he is or was real.
I can also show that the only people who want there to be no God are those in fear of hell. An unwillingness to be judged by God would be a very good motive to not want one to exist. However as I can not show you a mathematical equation for the existence of God and you can not show me one that proves no God we are at an impasse. As such we will have to wait for the day of judgement of none if you're correct things will get dark and ill rot in a hole if I'm correct you're in trouble. You can stand in front of the maker and tell him in the words of Mr Obama "you didn't build that"
truth

Perth, Australia

#408757 Dec 12, 2012
''if i need i will remove this planet''
who say that..
not me
Did someone need money?
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

they can created destroy as well recreated.
by

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#408758 Dec 12, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Listen here Mr. Pittsburg,if you chose not to believe in God that is your choice.Leave Hermi be in peace.He is a good man and does not need your badgering.
Listen here, Mr. Location hidden, if Mrs. Location hidden doesn't want to partake in a public discussion, have Mrs. Location hidden stay out of a public forum.

Yeah, it is that simple.

Obviously, christians believe that they own public places, from the Courthouse lawns or the internet.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#408759 Dec 12, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Hey Herme - welcome back and hope your health is well.
I don't think it matters on what posts are pulled or not pulled, does it? Isn't it all supposed to be "truth" according to men?
I think the point TBS is trying to make is, you and other so-called "Christians" emphatically admit that the Bible is "truth" and "God's Word", and should be followed.
But when someone points out a portion of this supposedly holy book - as mean, evil, horrendous, "of God", etc.....you and others seem to disagree that they are "evil" [in some extant], but would never come right out and admit HONESTLY that they are.
I can even imagine many have probably thought of saying or even did do - "Oops, maybe it isn't of God, so I will just dismiss it, scurry away from having to answer, or even divert to another topic" - and never admit to the faults in a book supposedly only "of God".
Did you think of this point?
That is very good, New Age Spiritual Leader!!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#408760 Dec 12, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Hey kid, grfeat to be dialoguing with youn again.I will admit that the Old Testament confounded me with its "vengeful petty God".It seemes, as Marcion said, that there were 2 different Gods- One of the Old Testament and one of the New Testament.This question caused me to question and look and ask more questions and look further.
I believe that one must have both Wisdom and the Holy Spirit to read the Bible. I am not a Fundamentalist.I try to read the Bible prayerfully also factoring context, history, culture, language, genre of literature being used etc.When quotes are ripped out of this amd presented torn from the wholistic view of these factors and the ible itself,we get all sorts of muitations.
As an Orthodox I also have tradition-including tremendous minds and souls who write intricately of sych issues.
With this said I still look to be more enlightened on this Old estament issue.
I believe that one must have both Wisdom and the Holy Spirit to read the Bible.
Think about this statement. When I read it, I think, every christian should believe the same thing! How can they differ when they have the holy spirit to guide them? By adding,'wisdom' in the mix, you are clearly saying that anyone who does not believe as you do, lacks wisdom! And you call me arrogant!
I try to read the Bible prayerfully also factoring context, history, culture, language, genre of literature being used etc.
That works great! When you are talking about humans. Mark Twain use the 'N' word several times in his writings, did he hate blacks? No, it was a term used in his time period. The big difference that we have here is, Mark Twain was a man, an imperfect, time period locked man, not an loving omniscient god!

If those are your god's laws, then you should say so, without qualifiers, without excuses.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#408761 Dec 12, 2012
chuck wrote:
<quoted text> and who are you upset with....who took you or God?
Nice one! When you point out my one mistake, you are just being a good christian, doing your godly duties. But when I point out your many mistakes, I hate your god! LOL! Good one!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#408762 Dec 12, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to prove anything. Like in any other case the burden of proof is on the prosecution. You say there is no God therefore my God is trial you prove he doesn't exist.
I never said evolution is false I just asked how it started and I get a crap wiki link when I ask where are the millions of fossils to support human evolution I get another crap wiki link and an artist idea of what a half human looks like. So you keep on loving the goo you say we all came from and ill stick with God dun it. When we die we'll see who's right.
I am not trying to prove that god doesn't exist, I cannot. What I am trying to do is, show people what the bible says about god.

If there is a god, I can guarantee that it has nothing to do with man's religions.

How life started has nothing to do with evolution.

What fossils do you think are missing? Do you know how long it takes to make a fossil and what conditions must be to make one?

3,500 years ago, when your god was invented, what were the 'known' elements? Was the Earth thought to be spherical or flat? Was the Earth thought to be at the center of the universe? What happened at the tower of babel?

If you and I lived 3,500 years ago and were still alive today, I would be in aw of all the technological advances and you would still think the Earth is the center of the universe, cause the mantra that you live by is, "I'll stick with God dun it".

And that is fine! God bless ya! But you should not be teaching a science or a history class in a public school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 33 min Demon Finder 195
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Sat Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 20 Married in 10,385
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec 20 KenJr26 1
More from around the web