Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,674)

Showing posts 393,461 - 393,480 of530,343
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>No, this is just more of your ignorance showing forth. No one deserves to spend an eternity in hell for saying something negative about Israel.(even if it is true)
The ONLY thing that determines one's eternal destiny is "What they have done with Jesus." You teach more false doctrine than ANYONE ON THIS THREAD that 'claims' to be a christian. Even worse for a johnny-jump-up-'preacher'.
it is written, "I am God, I change not".

the very beginning of the Word of God gave out that warning not to speak evil of israel.

it stands true to today just as it did back then.and there was no Preaching of jesus back then so your words are moot.

well kinda moot. it stands to reason that a Preacher cant break the Commandment of God, for it is written.

IF YOU LOVE ME , KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.

as far as being a Preacher, you dont know waht kind that I have been, only one person on here knows that, and that person isnt YOU

Graham has made himself an enemy of God and is therefore at enmity with Him.

Immediately after Graham's statement above, Larry King asks,

How do you feel when you see a lot of these strong Christian leaders go on television and say, you are condemned, you will live in hell if you do not accept Jesus Christ, and they are forceful and judgmental?

GRAHAM: Well, they have a right to say that, and they are true to a certain extent, but I don't -- that's not my calling.

Graham says, "that's not my calling," because he does not believe the gospel; that is, that you will indeed go to hell and suffer eternal torment if you do not receive Jesus Christ (Revelation 21:8).

II. HIS ABORTIONS

Graham believes in the killing of babies. In The Billy Graham Christian Worker's Handbook (copyright 1997 edition) it says,

Billy Graham writes: "We should accept abortion in these cases: rape or incest or if the delivery of the child is a threat to a mother's life." (p. 19, bold added, hard copy on file, see also BGEA's email concerning this statement)
In the 1996 copyright revised 2001 edition it says,

Even sincere Christians may differ on whether or not abortion is ever justified, especially in difficult situations such as rape or incest, or when tests reveal that the unborn child has severe abnormalities.(The Billy Graham Christian Worker's Handbook, p. 21)

This is absolutely horrid! God says, "You shall not murder" (Exodus 20:13). Killing an unborn child is murder no matter how the child was conceived (rape or incest) or what abnormalities he or she may have (see Exodus 21:22-23 "life for life"). The Lord makes the mute, the deaf, and the blind (Exodus 4:11), and it is cruel hatred and murder to kill them.

http://www.atruechurch.info/graham.html

when YOU start to argue with me over what God teaches, you are in way over your head. I have forgotten more than you ever knew.

as far as me teaching any doctrine on this forum, I dont. tho I speak out against false doctrines and false teachers and Preachers and I provide Proof.ypou can support this kind of person all that you want. I dont! and here we see more that jsut speaking evil against Israel. I have proved my case against him. we see that he will not tell people that Jesus isthe Only way, he wants abortion which is what many claimed about obama bfore the election
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

so lets look at graham doctrine and see if it agrees with the bible from the same source.

A similar example of Graham's false god (not the God of the Bible) can be found in his book, Answers To Life's Problems (copyright 1988). On page 130, a wicked person asks,

I know God is mad at me because of the way I have been living. How can I get him back on my side? My life is on a deadend road unless I change, I know, but how can I win God's approval when I have so many bad things against me?

Part of Graham's answer is, "God is on your side. God is not mad at you, but at your sin." (p. 131) The god Graham describes here is not the God of the Bible! For the God of the Bible says, "God is angry with the wicked every day." (Psalm 7:11; see also Psalm 5:5-6; 11:5-6; Ephesians 2:1-3, "children of wrath")

In Graham's book, Answers To Life's Problems, on page 62 Graham writes,

Inside each one of us there is a hunger for God. We may not recognize it, but each of us senses emptiness and a hunger for something. I suspect that your son has been looking for something to fill that spiritual void in his life, and if he has found Christ his spiritual emptiness has been met.

Wicked men do not "hunger for God" (see Psalm 10:3-4)! There is no spiritual emptiness to fill! Scripture never speaks of any such "spiritual void" or "emptiness." Instead, it says that, "they are filled with all unrighteousness" (Romans 1:29), and their hearts "are full of evil" (Ecclesiastes 9:3). Ephesians 2:2 says of those who do not know Christ that "the prince of the power of the air" is the spirit who "now works in the sons of disobedience." In other words, an evil spirit works in those who are without Christ. There is no emptiness. There is a wicked spirit there doing his evil work. AND WE SEE THAT WITH YOU AND YOUR BUDDY, THE SDA CULTIST AND MARGIE PLAYING HER PART IN THIS THRILLER

Graham's gospel is just the opposite of God's. God's gospel describes man as utterly lost with no desire for God whatsoever (apart from the work of God, John 6:44; Romans 1:16-32; 3:10-18). Graham's gospel describes man as one who actually hungers for God, which flatters the sinner (Romans 16:18) and is a lie.

The reason men do evil is because they have rejected the truth, and God has given them a debased mind to do evil (please see Romans 1:28-32).
WHICH IS WHY YOU ISSUED JOHN APEVERTED INVITATION AND YET YOU SAY THAT YOU ARE FORGIVEN, I WOULD ASK YOU FROM WHAT AND BY WHO.CERTAINLY GOD ISNT PLEASED WITH YOUR PERVETED LIFESTYLE
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Another example of Graham's false gospel can be found on page 228 of Answers To Life's Problems. Here, Graham's falsehood is manifested by the fact that Graham does not believe Christ is enough to save a person from the power of the sin of homosexuality (contrary, of course, to John 8:31-36).

I am a homosexual. I have tried to conquer it and have prayed to God time after time, but nothing changes. I desperately want to deal with it, but I don't know what to do. Please help me.

Graham says that homosexuality is wrong, and then writes,

There are steps that are crucial for you to follow if you are ever to conquer this. First, if you have never asked Christ to come into your life I urge you to do so without delay....

Then get help from others for your problem. Don't be afraid to seek help or to share your problem in confidence with someone you can trust who also can help you. There may be many complex reasons for your homosexual tendencies, and a skilled pastor can probably point you to a Christian psychologist or psychiatrist who has had experience in dealing with others who have been in your situation. Such a person can help you understand yourself and why you have become the person you are, and will also help you - both emotionally and spiritually - to leave your old way of living and become the person Christ wants you to be.(p. 228-229)

Graham's answer is filled with psychology (the wisdom of the world, 1 Corinthians 1:20). With Graham's "Then get help from others ..." he denies the power of the Savior (1 Corinthians 6:9-11). Also, he speaks of the "many complex reasons" for this person's "homosexual tendencies". Scripture gives one simple reason for homosexual tendencies - a rejection of God (Romans 1:18-27). Homosexuality is not a complex issue. Finally, Graham's advice to see a psychologist or psychiatrist is antichrist counsel (see Colossians 2:8-10 & 2 John 7).
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

in this one link it shows that graham doesnt possess the traits of a Good gospel Preacher.

yet many people beleive that he is.

I dont.

he tickles the ears of ignorant people like 4bdn who thinks that he is saved but by his actions on this forum, we see that he is lost
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

VI. HIS FALSE TEACHING ON HELL

In Graham's book, Facing Death And The Life After, Graham wrote, "Even some theologians chose to reject the Bible's clear teaching on hell." (p. 34). Graham himself rejects "the Bible's clear teaching on hell."

Scripture is not unclear about the fact that Hell is a place of fiery torment (Isaiah 66:24; Mark 9:43-48; Matthew 3:12; 5:22; 13:40-42, 49-50; 18:8-9; 25:41; Luke 16: 19-31; John 15:6; Revelation 14:10; 19:20; 20:10, 14-15; 21:8). Yet, Mr. Graham denies this truth. In an interview with Time Magazine (November 15, 1993), Mr. Graham said this about hell:

The only thing I could say for sure is that hell means separation from God. We are separated from his light, from his fellowship. That is going to be hell. When it comes to a literal fire, I don't preach it because I'm not sure about it. When the Scripture uses fire concerning hell, that is possibly an illustration of how terrible it's going to be - not fire but something worse, a thirst for God that cannot be quenched.(p. 74, bold added)

First of all, Scripture never depicts or describes hell as "a thirst for God". In fact, the ungodly man (one who goes to hell) "does not seek God" (Psalm 10:4; 14:2; Romans 3:11); "God is in none of his thoughts" (Psalm 10:4). Secondly, Graham denies hell fire by saying it is "not fire." Yet, Scripture is very clear about the fire of hell. In fact, the rich man in "Hades" in Luke 16:24 said, "I am tormented in this flame."

Now, lest someone argue that Time Magazine misrepresented Graham's beliefs, please note that twenty four years prior Graham preached this same kind of deceit at his 1969 Crusade in New York City. In Graham's book, The Challenge, Sermons from Madison Square Garden, Graham says,

Whatever Hell may be, and there are many mysteries, and I don't intend to solve them all - whatever Hell may mean, it is separation from God.

Now there are three words that Jesus used constantly to describe it. One is called "Fire." Now we know that God has a fire that burns and doesn't consume like the burning bush that Moses experienced. We know that James said,'The tongue is set on fire of hell." We know that that wasn't combustion - that actual literal fire isn't down in your throat and in your tongue. It is symbolic language. And theologians through the centuries have argued and debated over what fire means.

The Bible said, "For our God is a consuming fire."

Jesus told the story about the rich man who went to Hell and he asked that Lazarus may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool his tongue.

Could it be that the fire Jesus talked about is an eternal search for God that is never quenched? Is that what it means? That, indeed, would be hell. To be away from God forever, separated from His Presence.(p. 74-75, italics in original)

The ungodly couldn't care less about being separated from God (Psalm 10:3-4; 14:2-3; Romans 1:28; 3:10-18), and thus being "separated from God" and having an unquenchable "thirst" or "search for God" is no concern to the wicked. This kind of preaching removes the truth that people need to hear (i.e., hell is a place of fiery torment, e.g. Revelation 14:10; 20:10). Graham's falsehood helps remove any true fear of God (Luke 12:4-5). In fact, Time magazine well illustrated Graham's basic message on hell in the above mentioned article. They wrote (regarding his beliefs), "A heaven of powerful spirits, a hell that may be fire-free." (p. 74). A fire-free hell? This is completely the opposite of the teaching of the word of God!

LOOKS LIKE BILLY AINT DOING TO GOOD WITH IT COMES TO HIS PREACHING DOCTRINE. MOSTLY LIES ARE COMING OUT OF HIS MOUTH.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

In Graham's book, Unto the Hills, on page 10 Graham writes,

To paraphrase the Bible, what shall it profit a man (or a woman) who gains the whole world but loses his or her own family?LOOK AT THIS. THE BIBLE DOESNT SAY THIS AND EVERY NOVICE KNOWS THAT.HERE IS WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

This does not "paraphrase the Bible", this perverts the Bible (Mark 8:36).
MAYBE GRAHAM NEEDS A BETER WRITER TO PROOF HIS WRITTEN SERMONS.LOL

Another lie in this same book can be found on page 208 where Graham writes, "Jesus told us to fear Satan." You will never find that in holy writ!

Another example of adding to the Word of God can be found in his book entitled, Facing Death And The Life After. On page 215 Graham writes,

What Right Have You to Enter Heaven? Every man and woman who has ever lived will have to answer that question.

Scripture never says this! Likewise, on page 230 (same book) Graham writes,

God did not invent denominations, man did. When we go to His home, He will invite us in, but will not ask us for our church or Sunday school credentials. Only one question will be asked: "What did you do on earth with My Son, Jesus?" It will make no difference whether we were Catholic or Protestant, Jew or Gentile. What matters is whether we believe in Him or reject Him.(bold added)

Scripture never says any such question will be asked. In fact, as an example, in Matthew 25:31-46 the people judged are told what's up, not asked!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="TheBlackSheep"
Where did you get all that? Book, chapter and verse, please.
So far I've got 22 verses from at least a dozen books. It would take a long post. I think I've covered it though.
KayMarie
No, in post #408440 you made some specific claims and then #408458, you patch worked several verses to try to make them say what you wanted. I could do the same thing with any novel. Pull a sentence from here, add it to this one and that one and make the claim that altogether, they support my story.

If you would step back and take a look at what you did, you would see why there are three major divisions of the same religion. judaism, islam, and christianity. Within each of those three, there are thousands of subdivisions, all because people do, just as you did. A little from here, a little from there, a nice big one from here and poof, we have a new denomination!

This a good read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Heaven

As with any information, I highly suggest that you don't stop there. Read what is has to say, then does some research to see what on the wikipedia page is valid and what is not.

The bible is only about 3,500 years old; it was written and edited for over 1,700 years. Anatomically modern humans evolved about 200,000 years ago. That is a long time between creation and instruction!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

12Dec12.....

.....The Holy Roman Catholic Church is the ONE True Church.....and...

.....our 'Father Merrin' is gonna visit quite a few 'hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist' posters hereIN in the New Year toooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
No you're trying make the argument that 1 God made a world of hate and murder.
I am just quoting the bible!
Bat Foy wrote:
2 If you believe in a mass murdering God than you are guilty by association.
Re-read that statement, college foy!... I am an Atheist! I do not believe in your god, at all.
Bat Foy wrote:
While the idea is absolutely asinine you would also have us believe you're an atheist.
You know a lot of people who lie about being an Atheist?
Bat Foy wrote:
Which is in no way true, you just hate God or one reason or another.
Why is it not true? Do you know my lack of beliefs better than I!?!? that is amazing! Do all christians know me that well or just you?
Bat Foy wrote:
This is an issue you will have to work out with God no one here can help you.
OK, but I have a meeting with Santa, then with the Tooth Fairy, then with the unicorn king, I can fit a meeting in with your god next Thursday, is that cool?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
Is jesus god? If so, gods cannot die.

If jesus is god or was with god in the beginning, then jesus knew that he could not really die. Therefore, no sacrifice.

So, we can conclude that you do not believe that jesus is god and the trinity is BS.

Cool. It is good to know how one believes.
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here I thought you knew the bible read the book of John. Know the subject matter and come back and see me.
Some 'christians' believe that jesus is god and some believe that he is the son of god, not the same being. That is why there are some many sects of christianity.

christians claim that when they except christ as their personal lord and savior, the holy spirit comes into their hearts and gives them understanding; yet there are so many fighting sects of christianity! Did the holy spirit screw up?

When I would read the instructions on how to set up a Claymore mine, the instructions were very clear, so clear that anyone with a 3rd grade level in reading could follow them and not blow themselves up! I didn't need the holy spirit or the LT to fill my heart with understanding, I just needed to read.

Are you telling me that god, purposely made the bible, so difficult to understand, that even the holy spirit couldn't help most christians?!?! Are you telling me that your god could not have put together an instructional manual equal to what the Army could accomplish?

So, until all christians believe the same way, you cannot use the old, "Here I thought you knew the bible". It is not a valid statement.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
How does evolution explain life from non- living matter? How does the Big Bang explain why physics and the laws that govern the universe work? How does science explain the literal billions of missing fossils that would have to be to prove man evolved from ape?
I am sure that you have been told this before. The Theory of Evolution does not cover abiogenesis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

That a lone tells me that you have a very limited understanding of science. You would rather listen to a preacher telling you that these thing could not have happened than to research them yourself.

You are playing the god of the gaps and with every discovery, the gaps narrow. Modern science is 500 years old at best. Since I have been alive, we have gone from a few main frame computers that ran on tubes, to people having dozens of computer driven devices that they use without even realizing it.

Within a few years, scientist will create life from chemicals and then you would say, who made the chemicals, they could not make themselves. You will be forced to allow the gaps to close tighter, but you won't give up. Good for you!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Kay Having experienced exchange with this poster I doubt whether all your work finding quotations will mean much to them.
Pick any topic and then any novel. Within a week, I will piece together 100's of sentences that support the topic that you picked. It will be hard work, but to prove that km really did nothing, it will be worth it.

I can prove that Mark Twain told the truth! His book, "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn", clearly states it. If you do not believe me, then the holy spirit does not live your heart.

Yeah, that is what religion is like.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="TheBlackSheep"
If this is something which is unique to scientists, then you may have a case; but it is not. Show me a preacher who is not proud of their 'knowledge' of god.
<quoted text>
The church has been proven wrong many times. Again, not unique to science nor is it an issue that the church is free from.
<quoted text>
Yes, you can take a small portion of science, in this case nutritional science and bad mouth all of the sciences. But it does show that you know nothing about science. If we lived our lives using the science of the bible, where would we be? Pi=3 The universe is about 6,000 years old and so on.
<quoted text>
Again, you do not seem to understand science. You can bring your silly stories of how science has failed, but the only way you are doing that is on one of science's greatest successes. We have two spaceships leaving our solar system. We have people easily living into their 80's.
<quoted text>
That is incorrect. Look how many translations there are! Look at how many christian sects that there are! Try again!
<quoted text>
I have to stop here; not enough room and have to get ready for work.
This last statement tells it all!
<quoted text>
We did learn better! We learned that slavery is wrong! We learned that everyone should be treated equally.
In short; we learned that the christian god's laws on slavery were wrong.
The 6 day creation is wrong.
Pi=3 is wrong.
The two conflicting creations stories are wrong.
The forcing of a rape victim to marry her rapist is wrong.
The inclusion of joseph's lineage was wrong, since jesus' bloodline did not include joseph.
Killing someone for not believing is wrong.
Killing and entire village because one person does not believe is wrong.
This is only the tip of the iceberg and if these things are wrong, then the entire premise is wrong.
You said that "killing someone for NOT believing is wrong".
ME: I agree. The people in our current world who do that are Islamist, and Communists. They've killed millions (including 9/11).
They are promising to kill the 'infidels'(Christians and Jews who BELIEVE).
You said that 'the church has been proven wrong many times'.
Me: Church denominations or individuals have missed the truth at times, but THEY are NOT THE WORD OF GOD. It never fails.
You said "I" didn't understand science. Quite the contrary. SCIENCE is not TRUTH, but a SEARCH FOR KNOWLEDGE. People attempt to disprove the Bible knowledge with 'science', but, as men 'study' science, they learn new things that displace the old. God's Word is eternal.
Makes me think of the Beatles who once said that they were more popular than Jesus Christ. The Beatles are gone and nearly forgotten. Jesus AND the Bible live on.
You are fighting a losing battle...
KayMarie
John: "Well, originally I pointed out that fact in reference to England. That we meant more to kids than Jesus did, or religion at that time....JETHRO:this the statement he made,and it was a true one,more teens were into listening to the beatles than going to church and learning about religion and christ,which was true then and is today,not just with the beatles but with other groups as well,if you asked a teen to choose a concert of their favorite band or go to church instead,the teen would be at the concert.what he said was harmless,it was the media that distorted it to sell newspapers. sounds like another organization i know of,doesn't it?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
12Dec12.....
.....The Holy Roman Catholic Church is the ONE True Church.....and...
.....our 'Father Merrin' is gonna visit quite a few 'hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist' posters hereIN in the New Year toooooooo.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Holy? WHAT's holy about the thing? It is directly responsible for twisting the Scriptures GOD gave us; it has imprisoned, tortured hideously, and murdered millions of innocent people who refused to accept its lies and heresies. It tries in vain to lessen GOD, and promote itself. It has sexually abused more innocent kids than ANY other denomination. It is hate-filled, greedy, and arrogant.
Holy? Forget it.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy? WHAT's holy about the thing? It is directly responsible for twisting the Scriptures GOD gave us; it has imprisoned, tortured hideously, and murdered millions of innocent people who refused to accept its lies and heresies. It tries in vain to lessen GOD, and promote itself. It has sexually abused more innocent kids than ANY other denomination. It is hate-filled, greedy, and arrogant.
Holy? Forget it.
Wow, those are some major accusations...say, you wouldn't have any facts to back any of that up would ya?
Until you're interested in actual truth, you should drop the 'Christian' from your title. Baring false witness is a violation of the ten commandments.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>I am here openly proving that you are indeed a liar. I have posted your own words in which you make the request that God may condemn Billy Grahm to hell. If that is not true I will ask again, "WHAT DO THESE WORDS MEAN".? Why are you refusing to answer the question?
4GVN,

You don't seem to understand that Graham and the rest of them have already CONDEMNED themselves for teaching false doctrine.....

It is that simple....

It is NOT you, nor Preston, nor me, nor anyone else....they have done it to themselves.....

Errors from teaching the Word of God can arise from without and from within.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>perverts are usually satanic influenced. so yeah you and the sda are friends of the devil.
people only have to read your posts about me to see that.lol
BTW, anthony was to smart to fall for that "nice guy act' that you tried to play on him.
what was your nick when i used to show how evil you are before you switched to this one?
anyway, g/n. gotta pay for something on ebay and then to bed.
Good morning, Preston,

You have NOT condemned anyone.....

Graham and the rest of them have already CONDEMNED themselves from teaching false doctrine....

4GVN just doesn't want to accept these facts....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>No, this is just more of your ignorance showing forth. No one deserves to spend an eternity in hell for saying something negative about Israel.(even if it is true)
The ONLY thing that determines one's eternal destiny is "What they have done with Jesus." You teach more false doctrine than ANYONE ON THIS THREAD that 'claims' to be a christian. Even worse for a johnny-jump-up-'preacher'.
4GVN,

You have a lot to learn about spotting false teachers....

Jeremiah 23:16-17

16 This is what the Lord Almighty says:

“DO NOT LISTEN to what the prophets are prophesying to you;
they fill you with FALSE hopes.
They speak visions from their OWN MINDS,
NOT from the MOUTH of the LORD.

17 [[[[[They keep saying to those who despise me,
‘The Lord says: You will have peace.’
And to all who follow the stubbornness of their hearts
they say,‘No harm will come to you.’]]]]]

Did God warn them???

Yes!!!

God had told Israel NOT to listen to the false prophet.

Ephesians 4:14

14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming.

They were UNABLE to be GROUNDED in the "Word of God."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You were discredited long ago by all discerning people on this thread. Those who have no discernment, I can not help. But it is quite obvious.
And what about you???

Are we to listen to your false teachings???

If we do listen to you, we are UNABLE to be GROUNDED in the "Word of God."
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Some 'christians' believe that jesus is god and some believe that he is the son of god, not the same being. That is why there are some many sects of christianity.
christians claim that when they except christ as their personal lord and savior, the holy spirit comes into their hearts and gives them understanding; yet there are so many fighting sects of christianity! Did the holy spirit screw up?
When I would read the instructions on how to set up a Claymore mine, the instructions were very clear, so clear that anyone with a 3rd grade level in reading could follow them and not blow themselves up! I didn't need the holy spirit or the LT to fill my heart with understanding, I just needed to read.
Are you telling me that god, purposely made the bible, so difficult to understand, that even the holy spirit couldn't help most christians?!?! Are you telling me that your god could not have put together an instructional manual equal to what the Army could accomplish?
So, until all christians believe the same way, you cannot use the old, "Here I thought you knew the bible". It is not a valid statement.
You said: christians claim that when they except christ as their personal lord and savior

Actually it should read: christians claim that when they ACCEPT christ as their personal lord and savior

***You said something about 3rd grade level. Hang in there...I know a few adults that have gone back to school to get their education. How can we take you seriously when you talk about scripture...come on guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 393,461 - 393,480 of530,343
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••