Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603327 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#408494 Dec 11, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
12Dec12.....
.....The Holy Roman Catholic Church is the ONE True Church.....and...
.....our 'Father Merrin' is gonna visit quite a few 'hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist' posters hereIN in the New Year toooooooo.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Holy? WHAT's holy about the thing? It is directly responsible for twisting the Scriptures GOD gave us; it has imprisoned, tortured hideously, and murdered millions of innocent people who refused to accept its lies and heresies. It tries in vain to lessen GOD, and promote itself. It has sexually abused more innocent kids than ANY other denomination. It is hate-filled, greedy, and arrogant.
Holy? Forget it.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#408495 Dec 11, 2012
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy? WHAT's holy about the thing? It is directly responsible for twisting the Scriptures GOD gave us; it has imprisoned, tortured hideously, and murdered millions of innocent people who refused to accept its lies and heresies. It tries in vain to lessen GOD, and promote itself. It has sexually abused more innocent kids than ANY other denomination. It is hate-filled, greedy, and arrogant.
Holy? Forget it.
Wow, those are some major accusations...say, you wouldn't have any facts to back any of that up would ya?
Until you're interested in actual truth, you should drop the 'Christian' from your title. Baring false witness is a violation of the ten commandments.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#408496 Dec 11, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>I am here openly proving that you are indeed a liar. I have posted your own words in which you make the request that God may condemn Billy Grahm to hell. If that is not true I will ask again, "WHAT DO THESE WORDS MEAN".? Why are you refusing to answer the question?
4GVN,

You don't seem to understand that Graham and the rest of them have already CONDEMNED themselves for teaching false doctrine.....

It is that simple....

It is NOT you, nor Preston, nor me, nor anyone else....they have done it to themselves.....

Errors from teaching the Word of God can arise from without and from within.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#408497 Dec 11, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>perverts are usually satanic influenced. so yeah you and the sda are friends of the devil.
people only have to read your posts about me to see that.lol
BTW, anthony was to smart to fall for that "nice guy act' that you tried to play on him.
what was your nick when i used to show how evil you are before you switched to this one?
anyway, g/n. gotta pay for something on ebay and then to bed.
Good morning, Preston,

You have NOT condemned anyone.....

Graham and the rest of them have already CONDEMNED themselves from teaching false doctrine....

4GVN just doesn't want to accept these facts....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#408498 Dec 11, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>No, this is just more of your ignorance showing forth. No one deserves to spend an eternity in hell for saying something negative about Israel.(even if it is true)
The ONLY thing that determines one's eternal destiny is "What they have done with Jesus." You teach more false doctrine than ANYONE ON THIS THREAD that 'claims' to be a christian. Even worse for a johnny-jump-up-'preacher'.
4GVN,

You have a lot to learn about spotting false teachers....

Jeremiah 23:16-17

16 This is what the Lord Almighty says:

“DO NOT LISTEN to what the prophets are prophesying to you;
they fill you with FALSE hopes.
They speak visions from their OWN MINDS,
NOT from the MOUTH of the LORD.

17 [[[[[They keep saying to those who despise me,
‘The Lord says: You will have peace.’
And to all who follow the stubbornness of their hearts
they say,‘No harm will come to you.’]]]]]

Did God warn them???

Yes!!!

God had told Israel NOT to listen to the false prophet.

Ephesians 4:14

14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming.

They were UNABLE to be GROUNDED in the "Word of God."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#408499 Dec 11, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You were discredited long ago by all discerning people on this thread. Those who have no discernment, I can not help. But it is quite obvious.
And what about you???

Are we to listen to your false teachings???

If we do listen to you, we are UNABLE to be GROUNDED in the "Word of God."
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#408500 Dec 11, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Some 'christians' believe that jesus is god and some believe that he is the son of god, not the same being. That is why there are some many sects of christianity.
christians claim that when they except christ as their personal lord and savior, the holy spirit comes into their hearts and gives them understanding; yet there are so many fighting sects of christianity! Did the holy spirit screw up?
When I would read the instructions on how to set up a Claymore mine, the instructions were very clear, so clear that anyone with a 3rd grade level in reading could follow them and not blow themselves up! I didn't need the holy spirit or the LT to fill my heart with understanding, I just needed to read.
Are you telling me that god, purposely made the bible, so difficult to understand, that even the holy spirit couldn't help most christians?!?! Are you telling me that your god could not have put together an instructional manual equal to what the Army could accomplish?
So, until all christians believe the same way, you cannot use the old, "Here I thought you knew the bible". It is not a valid statement.
You said: christians claim that when they except christ as their personal lord and savior

Actually it should read: christians claim that when they ACCEPT christ as their personal lord and savior

***You said something about 3rd grade level. Hang in there...I know a few adults that have gone back to school to get their education. How can we take you seriously when you talk about scripture...come on guy.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#408501 Dec 11, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah and my first question to him was IS THAT YOU PERSY ?
The post had undertiones in it that was in previous conversaion of Persy's and the poster also has the same satanic vendictive carnal minded spirit as Persy.
You may be the one needing to watch out agreeing with his many post that speaks volumes of his bad disposition and character.
Preston is NOT the same as that other poster....

Have you ever heard Preston use that kind of language???

NO!!!!

So why would you even think that they are the same????

Don't start TROUBLE where there IS none...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#408502 Dec 11, 2012
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I hardly ever post on here,yet you are saying I agree with his many post?
How can you say that when I very seldom post?
You have said many times that you believe that nasty poster is Preston.
I just don't believe he is.
Preston is NOT that person, FOL....

7th is just trying to start trouble where there is none....

I have NEVER heard Preston use that kind of language....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#408503 Dec 11, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>for and foremost, you have no business asking me anything, we arent friends. capish?
second, she does know me and knows that I have never talked dirty one time on this forum.
i am not like your friends, oddjg, and 4bdn
Don't concern yourself, Preston....

We know it is not you....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#408504 Dec 11, 2012
4GVN wrote:
4GVN wrote:
preston wrote:
May God find him a nice quite out of the way place in a hot
community. where the sun never shines.
These are Preston's own words in which he asked that God would send Billy Grahm to hell. He even pointed out that I was smarter than another poster for recognizing that fact. BUT now Satan's pawn is trying to deny that that is what he said. He is trying to decieve. He is being a LIAR, while calling everyone else liars.
&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& &&So PERCY, since you are trying to LIE your way out of your OWN WORDS. Tell us what this statement meant.
It means:

That Graham and the rest of them have already CONDEMNED themselves for teaching false doctrine....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#408505 Dec 11, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You are not like any of my friends.lol In fact I seriously doubt that you have any 'friends' at all. BTW, did you once crawl on your belly?
Yea, I have crawled on my belly during military training....because if you didn't you would be SHOT.....

So what about it???

Have you ever crawled on your belly in service to your country???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#408506 Dec 11, 2012
4GVN wrote:
preston wrote:
May God find him a nice quite out of the way place in a hot
community. where the sun never shines.
Have you ever prayed for all of these LOST SOULS that Graham and the others have lead astray???

Ephesians 5:6

6 Let no one deceive you with EMPTY WORDS, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient.

False teachers causes SOULS to become "children of disobedience."

Why???

Because they are DISOBEDIENT to the "Word of God."

And, this brings what???

God's WRATH.....
Clay

Chicago, IL

#408507 Dec 11, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
4GVN,
You don't seem to understand that Graham and the rest of them have already CONDEMNED themselves for teaching false doctrine.....
It is that simple....
It is NOT you, nor Preston, nor me, nor anyone else....they have done it to themselves.....
Errors from teaching the Word of God can arise from without and from within.
Graham was raised 'Bible alone'. He was taught from very early on that private interpretation is ok. He preached the word of God how he saw it and with 100% love for Jesus Christ.
Under private interpretation/sola scripture, not one of you can say he was wrong. You guys have no collective agreement of scripture; no dogma.
As for Rev Grahams salvation... God will decide his soul. One thing for sure, he led millions to Jesus Christ- even if those folks weren't taught the fullness of Our Lords will. They still found Christ.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#408508 Dec 11, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever prayed for all of these LOST SOULS that Graham and the others have lead astray???
Ephesians 5:6
6 Let no one deceive you with EMPTY WORDS, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient.
False teachers causes SOULS to become "children of disobedience."
Why???
Because they are DISOBEDIENT to the "Word of God."
And, this brings what???
God's WRATH.....
Not trying to pick a fight Truth...
But whoever is out there teaching that the New Testament is all that is taught about Jesus Christ is teaching falsely.
The two oldest groups, the Catholic and Orthodox do not teach that- for obvious reasons.
Scripture alone, to anyone in the first millennium, would have been extremely foreign. It simply was never taught.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#408509 Dec 11, 2012
who="Hermeneutics Smutics"Kay Having experienced exchange with this poster I doubt whether all your work finding quotations will mean much to them.

Thanks. I keep hoping.

Trusting that you are getting stronger.

KayMarie

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#408510 Dec 11, 2012
who="TheBlackSheep"
No, in post #408440 you made some specific claims and then #408458, you patch worked several verses to try to make them say what you wanted. I could do the same thing with any novel. Pull a sentence from here, add it to this one and that one and make the claim that altogether, they support my story.
If you would step back and take a look at what you did, you would see why there are three major divisions of the same religion. judaism, islam, and christianity. Within each of those three, there are thousands of subdivisions, all because people do, just as you did. A little from here, a little from there, a nice big one from here and poof, we have a new denomination!
This a good read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Heaven
As with any information, I highly suggest that you don't stop there. Read what is has to say, then does some research to see what on the wikipedia page is valid and what is not.
The bible is only about 3,500 years old; it was written and edited for over 1,700 years. Anatomically modern humans evolved about 200,000 years ago. That is a long time between creation and instruction!

U.S. laws prohibit breaking the speed limit, failing to stop at red lights, murder and theft. By your reasoning one must say that the U.S. didn't say that, because those things are on DIFFERENT PAGES.

You seem only to want to argue. I would suggest that you wish to 'break the law'(God's law). If you can persuade yourself that His law is wrong, or does not exist, you MIGHT be able to salve your conscience...at least for a little while.

KayMarie
preston

Waverly, OH

#408511 Dec 11, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Preston,
You have NOT condemned anyone.....
Graham and the rest of them have already CONDEMNED themselves from teaching false doctrine....
4GVN just doesn't want to accept these facts....
HANK, HE AND THE SDA guy are only trying to cause trouble. he keeps saying that I was asking god to send graham to hell and my words were a statement only.

BUT IF IT ISNT GRAHAM, IT WOULD BE SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

and last night, as karen was telling them that I am not that bob fella, marge piped up and wanted to tell the world about what I might have said about Karen even tho, karen and i have patched up our disagreements and have went back to being friends.

now that is a gossip, but I dont expect gif et al to say anything to her
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#408512 Dec 11, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps the quesstion should be 'what is this gift'. The gift is JESUS.'And as many as recieved HIM, to them He gave the power to become Sons' of God.'
No, that's not the question. We already know it's salvation through Jesus. Catholics and protestants acknowledge this. The question remains; what is it to 'receive' the gift? You say it's a simple mental acknowledgement and affirmation of His sacrifice and love for us. We say it's more. Both positions have biblical support, but your idea didn't come about until 1500 years later.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#408513 Dec 11, 2012
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE GOD BLESS.
DEC 25TH MAY NOT BE THE DAY JESUS WAS BORN, BUT IT IS THE DAY THE WHOLE WORLD TOGETHER CELEBRATES HIS BIRTH.

Scroll down and enjoy for my friends

: Train ride

I think this is beautiful.

Floyd Cramer at the piano.
Just wait for the pictures to come on and have your sound

on.
This is really beautiful.
Click on the Link below...and enjoy!!! or cut and paste

http://www.openmyeyeslord.net/Train%20Ride.sw...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 11 hr Catholic24 84,412
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 19 hr 3Way4me 9,681
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Sun Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web