Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675755 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408602 Dec 11, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I love St. Paul. But I don't love him more than Jesus, and I don't love him enough to ignore everything that Jesus said we must do to have eternal life.
So you think St. Paul got it wrong?
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408603 Dec 11, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
So when are you going to start believing in Jesus in ALL of what he taught and spoke upon?
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html
Why do you believe men?
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408604 Dec 11, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Make my point....hmmm. I would say that 'receiving' Him means trusting what He says we must do and actually doing it. I'm very fond of the parable Jesus told in Matt. 21:28.
Not true. If a friend came to your door, how would you recieve them? Jesus SAID 'I stand at the door(of your heart) and knock, if any man will OPEN THE DOOR and RECIEVE ME I will come in....

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#408605 Dec 11, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Make my point....hmmm. I would say that 'receiving' Him means trusting what He says we must do and actually doing it. I'm very fond of the parable Jesus told in Matt. 21:28.
...and again, when are you going to begin trusting him with these teachings?

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Wait a minute - I forgot - you don't believe in Jesus, only the men who brought you teachings they said were from Jesus.

I'll make a note of it, so I don't forget about this specific point.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#408606 Dec 11, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Simply He sacrificed His right to destroy His enemies,set Himself free and rule the world,than,rather than to allow the Free Will of human kind to receive Him by faith,using their free will to choose either to serve Him or to hate Him.He chooses to watch over us like a Shepherd rather than a tyrant.
You asked a good question Black Sheep,but you thought that Jesus really didn't sacrifice anything,as He is alive and surely dying and not rising would be somewhat a real sacrifice for such a person as He. Nevertheless,Jesus sacrificed His Right to vanquish His Enemies,to allow them the temporal victory of His B o d y by Crucifixion and death,but by His own Blood redeeming even His Enemies if they come to Him by faith.
What you are saying just does not make sense. I have known a lot of good fathers, mothers, and bosses who were not tyrants, but the children and subordinates towed the line. It doesn't take a tyrant to run a tight ship. It takes education, patience, and understanding. If your god was real, he would understand what people like me require to believe.

Does your god expect us all to be the same? Go into a school and you will quickly see that different children require different ways of teaching, to learn. If we are all so different, why does your god require that I learn about him the same as you?

One would think that a god was smarter than that.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#408607 Dec 11, 2012
This is a very profound point being made by John Salza to those of you who believe in the very dangerous and unbiblical doctrine of OSAS;

The doctrine of "once saved, always saved" was invented by John Calvin during the Reformation. Under this theory, the Protestant believes that one is saved when he accepts Jesus as personal Lord and Savior. This is comforting - after all, who wouldn't want assurance? According to this view, true Christians are the ones who will persevere to the end. For those who accepted Christ during their lives but did not persevere to the end, the doctrine calls these people superficial Christians. So true Christians will go to heaven and superficial Christians will not. Not only is this teaching not Scriptural, it is difficult to accept the teaching on reason.

The only distinction between a true Christian and a superficial Christian is that the superficial Christian did not persevere to the end. Otherwise, the two types of Christians appear to be the same. The superficial Christian has all the earmarks of a true Christian except that he did not persevere. But this necessarily means that the true Christian cannot know that he really is a true Christian either until the end of his life. He, too, won't know whether his conversion was genuine until the end of his life. Therefore, despite all the talk about assurance, he cannot be sure.

This doctrine, therefore, actually gives its adherents less assurance of their salvation. It necessarily imposes upon them uncertainty until the end. The Catholic (and Scriptural) view, however, does give assurance to the believer that he is in fact currently saved (a true Christian), and that, if he perseveres to the end, he will be saved at death. We also know that God will give all the graces necessary for us to be faithful to the end (because of our freewill, the question is always whether we will accept the grace or not). Thus, Catholics know that it is theirs to lose. Protestant Calvinists don't even know whether it is theirs to begin with.

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/

Albuquerque, NM

#408608 Dec 11, 2012
LTM wrote:
Bible vere of the Day
For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
Luke 9:26 (KJV)
www.Christ.com
So why are you "afraid" of these words?

4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408609 Dec 11, 2012
Are we saved by GRACE or by our level of obdience? What does the bible say?

Albuquerque, NM

#408610 Dec 11, 2012
LTM wrote:
Bible vere of the Day
For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
Luke 9:26 (KJV)
www.Christ.com
Correction - "ashamed" not "afraid", but no matter - both show a turning away from Jesus, in both regards.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#408611 Dec 11, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So you think St. Paul got it wrong?
As I've told you before, St. Paul's idea of 'believing' is different than your idea. Look at what they did immediately afterwards.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#408612 Dec 11, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Some 'christians' believe that jesus is god and some believe that he is the son of god, not the same being. That is why there are some many sects of christianity.
christians claim that when they except christ as their personal lord and savior, the holy spirit comes into their hearts and gives them understanding; yet there are so many fighting sects of christianity! Did the holy spirit screw up?
When I would read the instructions on how to set up a Claymore mine, the instructions were very clear, so clear that anyone with a 3rd grade level in reading could follow them and not blow themselves up! I didn't need the holy spirit or the LT to fill my heart with understanding, I just needed to read.
Are you telling me that god, purposely made the bible, so difficult to understand, that even the holy spirit couldn't help most christians?!?! Are you telling me that your god could not have put together an instructional manual equal to what the Army could accomplish?
So, until all christians believe the same way, you cannot use the old, "Here I thought you knew the bible". It is not a valid statement.
TBS

Christians have not always been correctly taught. So to follow Christians, you need to find the Perfect Christian. Jesus Christ.
He is God and Man, known also as the Son of God and the Son of Man.

The instruction is clear, but understanding it takes a lifetime....The world can be tempting with opportunities. So God must seek us out....And God did in Jesus Christ.

The purpose:

Jesus died for mankind's sin, so that man might be at peace and be justified in presence of God.

God does not contradict Himself.
The instruction manual, the Bible is not Jesus Christ. So men get the message mixed up at times. But God is still seeking out sinners....

Jesus said, "Follow me...."

He has not failed....so follow Him.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#408613 Dec 11, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. If a friend came to your door, how would you recieve them? Jesus SAID 'I stand at the door(of your heart) and knock, if any man will OPEN THE DOOR and RECIEVE ME I will come in....
Yes, but I don't let him in and leave him sitting on the couch while I go upstairs, close the door and flip on the Vikings game.

Albuquerque, NM

#408614 Dec 11, 2012

So when are you going to start believing in Jesus in ALL of what he taught and spoke upon?
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you believe men?
a. This forum is not about my beliefs, but why the RCC considers themselves the "true church". Since it is not about me, you are off-topic.

b. I've answered this question many times - within these forum walls. You'll have to go back and look for it if you want to know the answer.

But since you never answered it, "why do you believe men?"

And why don't you believe Jesus?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#408615 Dec 11, 2012
<quoted text>
...and again, when are you going to begin trusting him with these teachings?
Wait a minute - I forgot - you don't believe in Jesus, only the men who brought you teachings they said were from Jesus.
I'll make a note of it, so I don't forget about this specific point.
Maybe you can make a note of this.....yawn.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#408616 Dec 11, 2012
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You said:I am an ex-presbyterian. I remember as a young child thinking, If god would have put me there, I would have listened! Why didn't adam? The only answer I got was, You are human, you would have failed, too.
You mean it was a test that no one could pass?
Shut up and stop questioning god.
***and now you're mad at God. Maybe you should be mad at the ones who took you there.
You know, much like every other 'christian' that I have ever talked with, you noticed some mistakes on my part while ignoring your own mistakes. What does that make you? Yes, a troll.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#408617 Dec 11, 2012
4GVN wrote:
Are we saved by GRACE or by our level of obdience? What does the bible say?
We are saved by grace. And good works (obedience) done in sanctifying grace are necessary. That's what Jesus and the bible says.

Albuquerque, NM

#408618 Dec 11, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can make a note of this.....yawn.
*makes a note that Anthony is tired*

You should get some sleep.

But....I noticed you didn't go into a retort. That is because you have none.

Why are you dishonest with yourself and others, knowing you don't believe in all of what Jesus taught, but can continue with saying blatant lies - that you do?

Albuquerque, NM

#408619 Dec 11, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We are saved by grace. And good works (obedience) done in sanctifying grace are necessary. That's what Jesus and the bible says.
No. Jesus said to "know yourself is to know the kingdom of God".

You must be thinking of "Paul" or James or Matthew, because I'm not seeing anything by Jesus.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#408620 Dec 11, 2012
JLDWolfe wrote:
Arguing with a Christian is like playing chess with a chicken. No matter how good one is at chess, the chicken will simply knock all the pieces over, crap on the board, and strut around like it won.
This entire conversation is a bunch of chickens clucking over a fairy tail.
I know that pisses you off, so FORGIVE me ;)
Marion Va..WoW ...The place where the insane asylum is located and has been for years...

Would you care to share your room number?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#408621 Dec 11, 2012
who="Pad" Continued the Black Sheep a story of anguish.
I know personally a man who has suffered for years in a foreign country,and how he fled from that country with his wife and two sons,leaving behind his ailing mother,and other siblings,who eventually left as well.
This man I'll call JJ,as we call him that anyway.JJ is an Iranian Jew,along with his whole family.Originally he was born in Armenia,but his family chose to go to Iran for whatever reasons.JJ being a Jew had to excel beyond his class mates,who were mostly Muslim.He knew:Bahais,Christian and Zoroastrians as well that were also struggling under Islam.
However JJ became a medical researcher,but had to give of his time in the beginning of his career to visity many villages in Iran to be of service.However,he often encountered beatings by radical muslims,was treated like a lower citizen,and he had to pay a higher tax, than his Muslim neighbors to exist.
Under the Shah of Iran he did fair well in that because he scored so high on tests for University,was allowed to be educated abroad,and that was in Colorado.When he returned,he managed to get a job,but worked under some Muslims who made him do all the dirtiest jobs,and work in squalor conditions,often they called him a dirty Jew,and he feared often for the loss of that job even though he hated it at times.His wife and sons learned poverty as well,in spite of JJ's job which should have been paid well.But the taxes and the way Jews were treated in general,caused most of those families to suffer lack.
The day came when JJ was so fed up with his life,that he thought even that suicide would be better,but what about his precious wife and two little boys?How would they fair?Jews and other minorities had to suffer,and state aid was never an option for them.There also was constant pressure to convert to Islam,as their lives were seemingly better,but that could be debated as well.
Subsequently JJ decided with his wife to flee the country,but how?They literally walked and hopped buses with their two sons in toe to the border of Iran,and into Iraq surpisingly they made it across the border.Although the Iraqis were Muslim,they did give people who fled Iran safe passage through the country to the capital,and with the help of Bahais,JJ and his wife,along with the boys were able to board a plane to the US. JJ spent several years again improving on his career skills and worked in New York for awhile with the help of Jews there,and he moved to Illinois where he is retired now,his two sons are educated and have families.He and his wife are so loving and know what it is like to face dire hardships.To hear his story is to try and understand how evil human beings can be to one another,how to live in a society that hates what you are,it is mind boggling.
We never know what will transpire here in the US,but we can have the assurance as believers that God will be our beginning and our end on this earth,and the comfort of knowing He will take us into that forever,He is completely in control of,minus human attempts to destroy by political or religious,or whatever way.
"He lives forever,whose Name is Holy." Isaiah 57:8.

Thanks for sharing this. It is a picture of what some will face here if God doesn't save us. Our UNITED states is being shattered into bits and pieces. People decided they didn't need God...and, as you can see here, there is less and less respect for God's creation...mankind.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis meets knights of ancient order in ... 11 min namredipsobla 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 10,520
News Pope Francis meets 4 Imams to open a Christian-... Apr 21 Joe 30
News Pope opens free laundromat for the poor Pope Fr... Apr 12 True Christian wi... 1
News Role of women in the modern Catholic Church 'un... Apr 9 South Knox Hombre 1
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) Apr 7 Teana Trump 53
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Mar 31 whirlingmerc 9
More from around the web