Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 595728 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#408369 Dec 10, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
jesus loves me, yes I know
for the bible tells me so
Johnny! Don't read those parts of the bible!!!!
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.(Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.(Leviticus 20:27 NAB)
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.(Exodus 21:15 NAB)
All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense.(Leviticus 20:9 NLT)
If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.(Leviticus 20:10 NLT)
A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.(Leviticus 21:9 NAB)
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.(2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)
Are you still reading? I bet not.
If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.(Zechariah 13:3 NAB)
Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)
But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst.(Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)
We all know that the vast majority of people of faith were indoctrinated from childhood. Taught only one belief, taught that you are right and everyone is wrong. Taught that you are going to become just like mom and dad like it or not! Every belief system does this.

Religious belief then becomes more about FAMILY-HAND-ME-DOWN culture and tradition, than the actual belief itself. You become what your parents want you to become.........JUST LIKE THEM!

But just in recent times, more people when becoming adults are dropping their "MAKE MOM AND DAD HAPPY" belief and finding whats important to them, using their own free will for the first time.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#408370 Dec 10, 2012
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Viet Nam was a great tragedy in our history. But don't be too quick to write it off as to say it should have never happened.God knows what the Vietnamese needed in those days,and we Americans were there at a pivotal time in the lives of the Vietnamese.You see LTM and KayMarie,we here in the states and perhaps Canada as well view Viet Nam from our perspective,our peoples,our soldiers,our tragedy.But few of us know about the heart of the Vietnamese at that time,and what their aspirations were.
I was only there two years,but believe me I met many Vietnamese,as I was determined to involve myself with them rather than my own people at the time.It was something I purposed to do while I was there,to know them the people that lived in a country I basically was forced to go to.Although I did not protest,my brother died two weeks out of Nam himself in a tragic car accident.He was wounded,had malaria at one point,and survived a major ambush near the DMZ.My mother even appealed to a New Jersey Senator at the time to keep me her only remaining son from going to Viet Nam.
The Vietnamese intrigued me,and I saw fit to get to know them the best way possible.Through a Catholic American sister(nun from a medical order) I met many good Catholics,visited a burn unit in a Catholic hospital where children were being treated for burns over their whole precious bodies.
Being an Evangelical myself I was involved with the Vietnamese Evangelical church called HOI THANH,where missionaries from the Christian Missionary Alliance worked tirelessly.I sat for hours with Vietnamese in Saigon,but also in three other cities,and heard their fears concerning a Communist takeover.
There were at least 100 evangelical churches in Saigon of two distinct denominations (Baptist, and Christian Missisonary Alliance).Supposedly in spite of minor differences the evangelicals in Viet Nam were very united and worked hard to deliver a message in South Viet Nam which could reach many around them,and their churches all were growing fast.
The Catholic sentiment was a bit more intensive as the Catholic Church in Viet Nam had been in Viet Nam for at least 100 years by the time I was there.The French brought Catholicism to Viet Nam a century or so ago from the pre WW2.The Catholics had established a very strong church and the forces of Buddhism and the encrouching Communists were set on destroying all facets of Christianity.The Viet Namese Catholics love their church with a devotion we all need to have for our churches as well.A Communist takeover of the whole of Viet Nam seemed to be the worst nightmare for all Christians.
So whether our involvement in Viet Nam could be deemed as a major fallacy for our country and no doubt it was in many ways,it was a deterrent for a time,many Catholics and Evangelicals left the country during those years,and what was left suffered terrible persecution. Human rights violations are heavy in Viet Nam as in China and elsewhere(North Korea,Laos,Mongolia,Manchuria, Indonesia under the Muslims).Politically we failed to save Viet Nam,but God is still in control,a C h u r c h still exists in all the Communist countries mentioned,both the Catholic and Evangelical expressions,heavily humbled by persecution and martydom.
Pad good friend

I too of course was there. But just recently became aware of the great efforts of the Church to bring Christ to Vietnam since the 1600's. And since that time there was great persecution, more than 130,000-300,00 dying for the faith in Christ....

I had my political doubts about our involvement. But looking at the bigger picture, I am sure our sacrifices were much appreciated. And in a Christian sense, I see our involvement on a different level now....
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#408371 Dec 10, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You I'm not offended by confrinting. There is nothing truthful about you. I know you to be a fraudulent blowhard with zero knowledge of the teachings of the Catholic Church, and who has from the beginning of your time here been unwilling and incapable of making any effort to examine the Catholic faith.
Your wife on the other hand, I started out enjoying her posts,(always referring to her as nice lady) being hopeful that her kind manners would rub off on you a bit and you might show some Christ-like attributes in conversing with Catholics. Ufortunately, I think, it was either a charade or you've brow beaten her into submission and all she can do now is slander and put forth innuendo.
I lost my mother when she was 58 from cancer. She was a saint, gentle, understanding and always willing to listen to the other side of the argument before taking a position. I had hoped that we could see some of the same from her.
I will continue to pray for you and her and I will continue to shine the light of truth on her when she assumes your demeanor.
ANTHONY says....

....I lost my mother when she was 58 from cancer. She was a saint, gentle, understanding and always willing to listen to the other side of the argument before taking a position.

MICHAEL says....

If you weren't born by CHANCE into the catholic faith, your position might just be the same as confrinting.

I love watching catholics/protestants battling it out over "GOD LOVES ME MORE THAN HE LOVES YOU" nonsense!

If there is a real loving God, I am sure, his first priority is harmony in our world. We will never have it as long as the battles continue over trivial shite that you and the other catholics bring up.

UNBELIEVABLE!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#408372 Dec 10, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
TBS
"So when I reflect upon my own thoughts, it does not come back without a greater yield....But likewise, when I show you that reflection, You might discover the limits which you hate..., that of being closed-minded, it demonstrates the weakness of your arguments.... "
Your limitations, your inability to know everything, and understand it..., in other words your own closed-mindeness. It probably comes under the broader topic of self-loathing.
Yeah, how am I being closed minded? What evidence has been given?

Location hidden

#408373 Dec 10, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Robert.
Today in the western world christianity is dissolving. Check out any country in western europe of how many catholics actually practice their faith anymore.
Check out France, Italy, Ireland, Germany etc.
In america in 1912, 98% of americans were christians.
In " " 1975 86% of americans were christians.
In " " 2011 76% of americans were christians
Today according to the roman catholic bishops conference in 2010 only 1 in 4 Roman catholics attends MANDATORY sunday mass weekly. 3 out of 4 don't go to church. MOST catholics have used or use forms of birth control the church says is sinful. Millions of roman catholics are divorced and remarried or have boyfriends or girlfriends that the church says is adultery. More roman catholic women have abortions than their counterpart protestant women, and just recently reports indicate that 1 out of 5 americans today are NON-RELIGIOUS.
It is very clear the roman catholic church is fighting for its very life in the western world, as each generation becomes less religiously observant than the one before.
It wasn't long ago we stated big steel companies and cotton mills in america were TOO BIG to ever fail. We now know we were wrong about that.
The catholic church will be around for a long time, but its clear to all those that follow the trends, that the future looks bleak for catholicism in america and the rest of the western world.
America is not a christian nation. It is a secular nation that embraces all regardless of belief or non belief. Every year we see more evidence of that.
Michael

You are funny...

Of course the U.S. was never a Christian theocracy....We all know that....

Catholicism is not worried....We all know that....

As the U.S. becomes more secularized, it will reaps it rewards....We all know that....

When enemies of the U.S. attack there will be no moral fibre left to resist(its on the wane already), and it will be enslaved. Thats secularism for you....

Don't be worried....We all know that....

You are funny.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#408374 Dec 10, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Hi Herme..
Not all can believe or accept what I am going to say
( it don't matter to me if the do or not... The truth is the truth if it hair lips the devil.) AND IT WORKS FOR ME...
I keep my health by the daily application of the word of God.
I AM A SPIRIT ..I LIVE IN A BODY ...AND I POSSESS A SOUL...
ME....BEING A SPIRIT THAT HAS RESIDENCE IN MY BODY ...I COMMAND MY
BODY TO RESPOND/TO OBEY THE WORD OF GOD...
(AS THE APOSTLE PAUL WROTE,,
1Co_9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection:.....
GOD'S WORD SAYS..
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But
1.he/JESUS was wounded for our transgressions,....
He forgave my sins
2.he/JESUS was bruised for our iniquities:
He removed my moral faults
3.the chastisement of our peace was upon him/JESUS; and ..
He gave me peace
4.with his/JESUS' stripes we are healed....
He healed my body soul and spirit.
>it all came to us through the passions death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.<
___
WHEN I was..BORN AGAIN
I RECEIVED "SALVATION"
MY SALVATION INCLUDES
1.WELFARE
2.HEALTH
3.DELIVERANCE
4.PROSPERITY
5.victory.
I attempt to appropriate the above and they are my daily confident expectations.
By the application of the word...commanding my body to respond
at the age of 78...I don't need a family doctor...I enjoy good health..
as Paul said in.
Act_17:28 For in him we live,and
move and
have our being;
as certain also of your own poets have said,
For we are also his offspring.
WHILE OTHERS CALL ME A LIAR AND DEEM GOD'S WORD TO BE SOLA SCRIPTURA
THEY SCOFF AT IT..
I APPLY IT DAILY ...
AND ENJOY IT AS THE ANSWER TO MY EVERY NEED.
The daily application of Gods word works for me...
THE WORD SAYS...
Php_4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
David wrote..
Psa_68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.
Psa_103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Psa 116:5 Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.
Psa 116:6 The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.
Psa 116:7 Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee.
Psa 116:8 For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.
Psa 116:9 I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.
Psa 116:10 I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted:
Psa 116:11 I said in my haste, All men are liars.
==>NOTE
Psa 116:12 What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
Psa 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. <==
Thanks for the wonderful message. A agree with what you posted.At many points during my recent "medical adventure" the right person, the right thing happened just in time to save me. I know that it was my Saviour and my Friend. Again I am undeserving, but still He is always there . Awesome Love.
preston

Waverly, OH

#408375 Dec 10, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>the conversation was between you and LTM and I dont want anything from her , well it would please me if she left. but except for that. nada.
in 1968, I was managing a financial institution and the war was the last thing on my mind.I did my two years like other draftees did, and I went on with my life. I wasnt called baby killer or any thing like that.
in fact, I didnt even carry a rifle or a pistol. I was supposed to have been a non combatant, except the other side forgot or misplaced their memo.
kindness, I get from my sons dog who doesnt leave my side, unless I sneak out the door fromhim, I certainly dont need or want it from people like you and LTM.
I guess that I havent made that clear enough for you two. I dont like liars and frauds.
I know. Don't be worried about it.
Preston seems to be a hurting man...he likely suffered emotionally from the anti-Vietnam protesters who tormented our soldiers when they returned.
It's a long story, but I try to understand...
KayMarie .

AND THESE WORDS FROM YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE AN ACT OF KINDNESS, BUT PARDON ME, I DONT FEEL THAT THEY ARE. FOR SOME REASON

You can't/won't even allow an attempt at kindness, will you?
The protests were not done in a corner. Everyone knew about them.
KayMarie

I LEFT YOUR NAME ON BOTH OF THESE STATEMENTS SO THIS WAY, NEITHER YOU NOR YOUR HUSBAND CAN LIE ABOUT THEM AND SAY THAT YOU DIDNT SAY THEM, AS YOU TWO HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO DO IN THE PAST.

SOMEHOW, YOU TWO HAVE LOST ANY CREDITIBILITY THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE HAD WITH MANY ON THIS FORUM, BUT IT COMES AS NO SUPRISE, FOR ANYONE WHO FOLLOWS THE LIKES OF BENNY HINN AMONG OTHER CHARLATANS AS YOU TWO DO.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#408376 Dec 10, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know that the vast majority of people of faith were indoctrinated from childhood. Taught only one belief, taught that you are right and everyone is wrong. Taught that you are going to become just like mom and dad like it or not! Every belief system does this.
Religious belief then becomes more about FAMILY-HAND-ME-DOWN culture and tradition, than the actual belief itself. You become what your parents want you to become.........JUST LIKE THEM!
But just in recent times, more people when becoming adults are dropping their "MAKE MOM AND DAD HAPPY" belief and finding whats important to them, using their own free will for the first time.
I very much agree! Indoctrination is the most difficult chain to break!

The ones who were not indoctrinated as children, are often recovering addicts.

I believe that education and the free flow of ideas is more the reason for people breaking the chain. I rarely read the bible when I was young and attended church most Sundays. Why should I? The preachers and teachers told me what verses to read and memorize. I didn't need to read more than that!

One day, I didn't listen to the preacher. I didn't close my bible and listen to him. He wanted me to stop at the end of Exodus 20 and I kept on going! Exodus 21 is where I found out the god was cool with killing slaves! WTF!?!? That did not jive with my history lessons at school!

So I read more! I didn't know that Lot impregnated his two daughters!! Holy Crap! And he was the one god saved! At a young age, I knew that sleeping with family members was wrong!

I decided that I would ask some questions and everyone blamed the daughters!! WTF!?!? If the bible god saved a incestuous pedophile and said that it was alright to murder a slave; what the hell kind of god was I believing in!

Many christians refuse to hear about these things, but thanks to the internet, they are going to.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408377 Dec 10, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>they try to be vey good at deception but for some reason, it rears up and bites them where they sit.
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Clay, I hope you don't mind that I cut away all of the incindiary, snide remarks and meaningless chatter. As you can see, It didn't leave much.
But, it is interesting that you claim that the RCC "DID add books to the bible".
What does the scripture say about adding or taking away from the word of God?
his last sentance shows how ignorant and deceitful that he is.
that pertains to the Book of Revelation ONLY.
so that statement by him is a lie, plain and simple.
Only a person who is truely ignorant of God's word would not understand that the teaching is that it is wrong to add to or take away from any of God's word. So once again in an attempt to attack someone you reveal your ignorance.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#408378 Dec 10, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael
You are funny...
Of course the U.S. was never a Christian theocracy....We all know that....
Catholicism is not worried....We all know that....
As the U.S. becomes more secularized, it will reaps it rewards....We all know that....
When enemies of the U.S. attack there will be no moral fibre left to resist(its on the wane already), and it will be enslaved. Thats secularism for you....
Don't be worried....We all know that....
You are funny.
LOL! You're an idiot. I have no god telling me to murder people. Only you moral types do.

Do you honor the sabbath as god told you? NO?!? Oh, yeah, jesus said that you didn't have to follow the rules. You are moral because you believe! LOL!

As I said yesterday, If you believe, you can commit any act you like; you just have to believe and ask god for forgiveness and you are golden! That's not stupid, at all! LOL!
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408379 Dec 10, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>they try to be vey good at deception but for some reason, it rears up and bites them where they sit.
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Clay, I hope you don't mind that I cut away all of the incindiary, snide remarks and meaningless chatter. As you can see, It didn't leave much.
But, it is interesting that you claim that the RCC "DID add books to the bible".
What does the scripture say about adding or taking away from the word of God?
his last sentance shows how ignorant and deceitful that he is.
that pertains to the Book of Revelation ONLY.
so that statement by him is a lie, plain and simple.
Since this precept is taught also in the Old Testament and since you are being decietful, we can rightly conclude that it is YOU who is the LIAR.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#408380 Dec 10, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
You I'm not offended by confrinting. There is nothing truthful about you. I know you to be a fraudulent blowhard with zero knowledge of the teachings of the Catholic Church, and who has from the beginning of your time here been unwilling and incapable of making any effort to examine the Catholic faith.
Your wife on the other hand, I started out enjoying her posts,(always referring to her as nice lady) being hopeful that her kind manners would rub off on you a bit and you might show some Christ-like attributes in conversing with Catholics. Ufortunately, I think, it was either a charade or you've brow beaten her into submission and all she can do now is slander and put forth innuendo.
I lost my mother when she was 58 from cancer. She was a saint, gentle, understanding and always willing to listen to the other side of the argument before taking a position. I had hoped that we could see some of the same from her.
I will continue to pray for you and her and I will continue to shine the light of truth on her when she assumes your demeanor.

Anthony, I'm sorry for the loss of your mother. My father was about two years older than her when he died suddenly.

Please understand that "I" am somebody's mother, too (nine of them), and my children would be SHOCKED at the treatment that I receive here (I don't show them this site.)

My biggest concern for Catholics, is that their hope seems to be totally in a human institution, and seem even to be willing to give their lives for it. Their dogma is so instilled in their minds that they are willing to accuse others of lying without a shred of evidence.

If you were to tell me that one of the ministers in our fellowship had done something wrong, I would not call you a liar. Men fail; but if you told me that my international headquarters was covering that man's wrong doing, I would feel obligated to see whether that was true...and, if so, I would have to demand some accounting.

They tell me that there are a lot of innocent people in prison. To hear them tell it, none of them have done any wrong. I personally met a couple of ministers who were guilty...but declared that they were not.
Both of them were homosexuals. They were very persuasive but eventually we discovered the truth.

When Catholics, with one voice, declare me to be a liar, when I have told ONLY WHAT I HAVE SEEN AND HEARD...and when those same people defend the CC DESPITE NEWSPAPER HEADLINES that tell a different story...I am at a loss for words.

I don't doubt the sincerity of many Catholics...though I am very perturbed at some of their speech and actions. I wish the conversation was lifting up the beauty and the wonder of God/Jesus at least as much as the CC is lifted up.

Your choice is your own. By the way, didn't you call this 'nice lady' Sapphira...or was that some other guy???:):)

To the pursuit of TRUTH...

KayMarie
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408381 Dec 10, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Private interpretation was never taught. Sola scripture was never taught.
If you follow Christ, how come you're not interested in following what He actually taught?
Why then are those in the scripture commended for searching the scriptures to 'verify the truth' of that being taught? Weighing it against the teaching of an apostle. You are obviously mistaken.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#408382 Dec 10, 2012
who="Hermeneutics Smutics" Thanks for the wonderful message. A agree with what you posted.At many points during my recent "medical adventure" the right person, the right thing happened just in time to save me. I know that it was my Saviour and my Friend. Again I am undeserving, but still He is always there . Awesome Love.

Wonderful. He is our Savior and our Friend. So happy that you were aware of His comfort. He promised never to forsake us.

On the hottest day of 2010, I was at the door of a medical building (I had an appointment there), but I could not go another step. Suddenly a guy ran out the door, and seeing me, he asked what I was there for. He saw my scars from a 2001 surgery, and said, "Don't move. Wait right there." He went back in the building, and returned shortly with a wheel chair, oxygen, and two nurses. He took me to the hospital ER, and didn't leave me until I was registered. I found out later that he was a doctor (no white coat :).

KayMarie

Location hidden

#408383 Dec 10, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, how am I being closed minded? What evidence has been given?
TBS

"close-mind·ed (klsmndd, klz-) or closed-mind·ed (klzd-)
adj.
Intolerant of the beliefs and opinions of others; stubbornly unreceptive to new ideas."

You don't accept that Christians can have beliefs or have opinions...You are intolerant.

Your evidence is in every post you make....Need I repeat them to you?
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408384 Dec 10, 2012
preston wrote:
May God find him a nice quite out of the way place in a hot
community. where the sun never shines.

These are Preston's own words in which he asked that God would send Billy Grahm to hell. He even pointed out that I was smarter than another poster for recognizing that fact. BUT now Satan's pawn is trying to deny that that is what he said. He is trying to decieve. He is being a LIAR, while calling everyone else liars.
If I were to say to someone, "may God grant you a good day," it is evident that I have just requested that God do that for you. If PRESTON says. "may God find him a nice quiet place in a HOT community where the SUN NEVER SHINES." it is obvious that he is asking God to send Billy Grahm to hell. Yep this preacher impersonator attempts to JUDGE Billy Grahm and ask God to damn him.
Any one with half a brain would know that BILLY Grahm would never stoop as low as this. God bless Billy Grahm for all the good he has done in Jesus name. God forgive Preston.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#408385 Dec 10, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
..Anthony says......

..."You I'm not offended by confrinting. There is nothing truthful about you. I know you to be a fraudulent blowhard".

In todays world Anthony, you will NEVER garner support from EDUCATED people, for making comments like that.

I sit on the sidelines and watch the mud slung back and forth, and somehow you believe God is smiling down upon you, giving you the thumbs up for belittleing another member of his creation.

Where is the love at this christmas season? I'm Not seeing it!

UNBELIEVABLE!

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#408386 Dec 10, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
TBS
adj.
Intolerant of the beliefs and opinions of others; stubbornly unreceptive to new ideas."
You don't accept that Christians can have beliefs or have opinions...You are intolerant.
Everyone has an opinion, and no ones opinion trumps anyone elses.

There will never be intolerance of religious beliefs as long as one says "MY GOD IS BETTER THAN YOUR GOD" or "GOD LOVES ME MORE THAN HE LOVES YOU BECAUSE I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE NOT" or "IN ORDER FOR ANYONE TO BE SAVE YOU MUST BELIEVE IN MY JESUS"

Organized religion one day will be our downfall, and that day is coming sooner than later.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408387 Dec 10, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Receive, yes. What is it to "receive" this gift? That is the question.
Perhaps the quesstion should be 'what is this gift'. The gift is JESUS.'And as many as recieved HIM, to them He gave the power to become Sons' of God.'

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#408388 Dec 10, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
TBS
adj.
One, I haven't tried to suppress your opinions or your beliefs. Yes, you must show me where I have tried to do so. A wee bit paranoid, are ya?

What new evidence was giving that I was stubbornly unreceptive to? What new evidence do you have?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... 29 min Earthling-1 41
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Mon The Anti- Islamist 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 27 Gee Tee 9,522
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web