Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,665)

Showing posts 393,281 - 393,300 of532,378
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

who="TheBlackSheep"
Why do you hate Bdfrdesfhuj? What did he ever do to you?
I know that one of us joined the U. S. Army to protect our rights. To be so arrogant, so self righteous, to make the ignorant statements that you did... Wait! Christians don't made assessing out of themselves like that!

&**********

Bdfedesfhuj???

If you joined the army to protect our rights, why do you spout your free speech while condemning mine?

KayMarie
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bunch of baloney!
TODAY! The catholic church says no priests to be married and you say GOOD!
If another pope comes along and says "now is the time to allow priests to marry" and you will parrot again with "THATS GOOD IDEA"!
GURANTEED!
Former protestant ministers are now allowed to become catholic priests and bring along their lovely wife and 10 kids..........why is that OK, if you say no priest should not divide his time?
You are a parrot, the church loves you! SQUAKKK!!
The TRUTH needs to be "parroted" over and over and over again to heretical, hostile anti-catholics such as you Michael! You and the rest of your agnostic, atheist and other anti-catholic "hacks"
can continue to "drift around-aimlessly" in your "personal opinionated" RELATIVISM, accepting abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia,and God only knows "whats next" whichever way the "liberal political wind" happens to blow!! BELIEVE AND ACCEPT "ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING" you want--Michael---it makes NO DIFFERENCE TO ME!...I'll continue to remain with the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in obedience to Our Lords One True Catholic Church. You can DO WHAT YOU WANT--with your smorgasboard "rif-raf" of social opinions hog-wash!!!
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you are saying KM. I saw the young men getting off of trains and boats with no arms and legs no older then 20 some of them. It was heart breaking to see them being treat that way.
Vietnam. should never of happened, when you have a fellow American torment you like Jane Fonda, but she wasn't the only one KM .
The Media didn't help either.
Viet Nam was a great tragedy in our history. But don't be too quick to write it off as to say it should have never happened.God knows what the Vietnamese needed in those days,and we Americans were there at a pivotal time in the lives of the Vietnamese.You see LTM and KayMarie,we here in the states and perhaps Canada as well view Viet Nam from our perspective,our peoples,our soldiers,our tragedy.But few of us know about the heart of the Vietnamese at that time,and what their aspirations were.

I was only there two years,but believe me I met many Vietnamese,as I was determined to involve myself with them rather than my own people at the time.It was something I purposed to do while I was there,to know them the people that lived in a country I basically was forced to go to.Although I did not protest,my brother died two weeks out of Nam himself in a tragic car accident.He was wounded,had malaria at one point,and survived a major ambush near the DMZ.My mother even appealed to a New Jersey Senator at the time to keep me her only remaining son from going to Viet Nam.

The Vietnamese intrigued me,and I saw fit to get to know them the best way possible.Through a Catholic American sister(nun from a medical order) I met many good Catholics,visited a burn unit in a Catholic hospital where children were being treated for burns over their whole precious bodies.

Being an Evangelical myself I was involved with the Vietnamese Evangelical church called HOI THANH,where missionaries from the Christian Missionary Alliance worked tirelessly.I sat for hours with Vietnamese in Saigon,but also in three other cities,and heard their fears concerning a Communist takeover.

There were at least 100 evangelical churches in Saigon of two distinct denominations (Baptist, and Christian Missisonary Alliance).Supposedly in spite of minor differences the evangelicals in Viet Nam were very united and worked hard to deliver a message in South Viet Nam which could reach many around them,and their churches all were growing fast.

The Catholic sentiment was a bit more intensive as the Catholic Church in Viet Nam had been in Viet Nam for at least 100 years by the time I was there.The French brought Catholicism to Viet Nam a century or so ago from the pre WW2.The Catholics had established a very strong church and the forces of Buddhism and the encrouching Communists were set on destroying all facets of Christianity.The Viet Namese Catholics love their church with a devotion we all need to have for our churches as well.A Communist takeover of the whole of Viet Nam seemed to be the worst nightmare for all Christians.

So whether our involvement in Viet Nam could be deemed as a major fallacy for our country and no doubt it was in many ways,it was a deterrent for a time,many Catholics and Evangelicals left the country during those years,and what was left suffered terrible persecution. Human rights violations are heavy in Viet Nam as in China and elsewhere(North Korea,Laos,Mongolia,Manchuria, Indonesia under the Muslims).Politically we failed to save Viet Nam,but God is still in control,a C h u r c h still exists in all the Communist countries mentioned,both the Catholic and Evangelical expressions,heavily humbled by persecution and martydom.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="LTM"
KM, Preston is calling me a lair on the assumption that I read a post from Orville to him
I didn't, to this day I haven't read it and I did go looking for it.
I have problems with my eyes, and there was a period I had no glasses at all I think I went a week with none.
I believe I mentioned that on here.
I know. Don't be worried about it.
Preston seems to be a hurting man...he likely suffered emotionally from the anti-Vietnam protesters who tormented our soldiers when they returned.
I heard a young men apeak who had lost an eye, and, I think, an arm and a leg in Vietnam. When he returned he was at a train station struggling unsuccessfully to move his luggage. A man there asked if he had come from Vietnam, and the fellow thought he was going to help him with his bags. When he said 'yes', the man spat on him and walked away.
Few people know that that protest was not 'American'. Soviet Russia spent a Billion dollars to shuttle those 'protesters' around with placards. You can fight a war in more ways than one.
Many of those poor soldiers committed suicide, or laid in hospitals till they died of their wounds OR loneliness. Jane Fonda tormented them, and I'm sure that many of them thought that it was us (America) that shamed them.
It's a long story, but I try to understand...
KayMarie
study some historty and find out when this occured

it was years after I was out of the Army, being discharged in 1967.

Preston seems to be a hurting man...he likely suffered emotionally from the anti-Vietnam protesters who tormented our soldiers when they returned.

April 17 National media films the anti-war riot that breaks out in Berkeley, California. The over-reaction by the police in Berkeley is shown in Berlin and Paris, sparking reactions in those cities.
On April 26, 1968, a million college and high school students boycotted class to show opposition to the war.[19]

before that, the protests were miniscule.

nad she is lying when she saysthat she diddnt see the psot that orville made to me. everyone seen it,and even teh sda said that he would never say something like that.

and not only that, i showed her one page in which Orville attacked me 5 out of 20 post. and what orville did, was change my words around and then put a link under them. however the links were to a pope benedict forum which I have never been on.

finally, LTM said that her eyes were bothering her so she ddidnt see them, however she dsoesnt seem to ahve any trouble reading what you say about me, does she.

now lets see if there is any truth in YOU, like I exhibited yesterday towards you.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
May God find him a nice quite out of the way place in a hot
community. where the sun never shines.

http://weblessisrael.org/
Nothing more needs to be said.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Would this be a Catholic church?
For yet another example of how emboldened the Muslim Brotherhood has become in the U.S. and the naive blindness of the general public, Muslim Brotherhood front group, the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC), is holding its annual convention in a church - All Saints Church in Pasadena - for the first time in its 25 year history. What's more, due to objections to the event as evidenced by phone calls and emails to the church, the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security will be working with local police to "secure" the area.(The Muslim Brotherhood surely has U.S. intelligence and law enforcement in their hip pocket)!
Read more: Family Security Matters http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publicat...
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Could be an Episcopal as well,but the fact remains it is a typical move of Islamic people to place their meetings of significance in facilities that would insult their enemies.Just as the Muslims use similar dates to foist tragic attacks on secular society.

Using a Christian building to generate a Muslim foothold in that area,is their strategy.Look how many Christian churches BUILDINGS, were bought up by Muslims and now are Mosques all through England and Europe,talk about a tragedy!

However we need to realize as well that our buildings can never replace our function as the Church,the Ekklesia,the Called out,separated from the world,the Body of Christ. The Muslims cannot enter the holy sanctuary of our ekklesia that is not built with hands,only they can visit to hear the Gospel.But we know our own,and we need to become more discerning as time goes on.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

for everyone info. again.

I was given orders to go to Vietnam in Jan 1965, being one of the first of the beginning of johnsons Americanization of his domino theory.

I was wounded shortly thereafter, and was back in the states in April, where I was operated on for the first time.

I SAW NO PROTESTS SINCE I WAS FLOWN BACK IN AN AIR FORCE PLANE AND COULDNT WALK.

EVEN THOUGH I WANTED TO GET UP AND HELP IN THAT HOSPITAL PLANE, I WAS UNABLE TO.

so to kay and LTM, your theory holds no water whatsoever.

BUT WHAT DOES DISTURB ME IS THE LYING THAT GOES ON IN THIS FORUM AND YOU TWO WOMEN CONTRIBUTE MOST OF IT.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text> Nothing more needs to be said.
i AGREE NOTHING ELSE NEEDS TO BE SAID ABOUT THAT FALSE TEACHER AND INSTIGATOR AGAINST THE NATION OF iSRAEL AND GODs CHOSEN PEOPLE.

and like those articles said very clearly,

the hounds of hell(you and tHE sda cultists ) will be howling away.

BUT THAT IS ALL THAT YOU CAN DO. JUST HOWL. IN THE END GOD WILL JUDGE HIS SOUL OVER HIS WORDS AGAINST GOD AND HIS CHILDREN.

you dont care about graham, it is just another attempt at me, as if I could care what perverts like you think.lol
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
How does a cross on public property offend me? I doesn't, the fact that you think that you are the only ones allowed to do so offends me. Would you stop the kkk from burning a cross on public property? Most people would, since most people know it is a symbol of hate. You are not smart enough to realize that your cross is a symbol of hate as well.
Get real. Many people consider this that and everything under the Sun a symbol of hate. The American flag should be removed from all public property because many people consider THAT a symbol of hate.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
Kay, your words are indicative of a guilty conscience. You've been caught out too many times by too many people. I and the other Catholics know enough about those incidents to know that they're gossip, rumors, and outright lies.
~~~
The Bible establishes THE TRUTH by two or more witnesses..
My wife and I both witnessed the event at Gettysburg Pa. Roman Catholic Church as did the others at the wedding...where the woman drained the Chalice.
so you can only assume your presumptions assumptions as you do the rest of you conjecture that you attempt to deceive others with.
GOD KNOW WHOM THE LIARS ARE.
after a months, now you enter into this fray.why have you been silent for all of this time?

never mind, it has been proven that you and Saphrira will lie and swear to them.

TELL ME AGAIN,(OH, YOU DIDNT IN THE FIRST PLACE)

JUST HOW DID i COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT YOU WERE STEALING MATERIAL THAT WASNT YOURS?

AND JUST HOW WAS I ABLE TO FIND OUT WHERE YOU WERE GETTING THOSE ARTICLES FROM?

I know the answer.lol
and so do you ANANIAS!
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
KM, Preston is calling me a lair on the assumption that I read a post from Orville to him
I didn't, to this day I haven't read it and I did go looking for it.
I have problems with my eyes, and there was a period I had no glasses at all I think I went a week with none.
I believe I mentioned that on here.
YOU HAD NO PROBLEM READING WHAT WAS BEING SAID IN HER POST, DID YOU.

AND IF YOU HAVE EYE PROBLEMS(AND THIS ONE PROVES THAT YOU ARE A LIAR)

HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT I WAS ATTACKING ORVILLE? if you cant read?

As mike says; BUSTED.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to add to my already long reply, because I don't want you to side step this issue.
The Catholic Church put the book of Revelation into the Bible after holding council where they determined 26 other books to be added as well. Right? Its historical fact.. The Church added books to scripture. That is how we have a New Testament.
I'm trying to phrase my question without making you look totally crazy...
You use the last couple lines of Revelation, to declare the Church in error for 'adding to the Bible' even thou, that's the only way Revelation could, um .... Get into the Bible?
Then... You use the last couple lines of Revelation as a blanket statement for the other separate books that make up the Bible.
Yes 4gvn. That is what deception is.
they try to be vey good at deception but for some reason, it rears up and bites them where they sit.

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Clay, I hope you don't mind that I cut away all of the incindiary, snide remarks and meaningless chatter. As you can see, It didn't leave much.
But, it is interesting that you claim that the RCC "DID add books to the bible".
What does the scripture say about adding or taking away from the word of God?

his last sentance shows how ignorant and deceitful that he is.

that pertains to the Book of Revelation ONLY.

so that statement by him is a lie, plain and simple.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

who="Clay"
Again Kay, your post is filled with falsehoods.
I want to take the time and explain to you why, but I already done so with all the other Catholics on here. It didn't do any good.
I'll just say a couple things
you said "the common Catholic argument about praying to Mary is if Jesus won't listen to them, surely he'll listen to His Mother". Goodness Kay, I can't even entertain that accusation.
Private interpretation of scripture is a disaster. It boggles my mind you all still cling to sola scripture when you been shown that its a false doctrine started by some guy. It never was taught by Christ nor His Apostles NOR anyone else until a few hundred yrs ago.
Yet, you preach it to everyone who'll hear. That would make you a liar. Because sola scripture doesn't exist.
Not a single falsehood, Clay. Private interpretation is no more dangerous than memorizing the lines of some 'church fathers', and spouting them as 'gospel'. That is why that you all sound like parrots...always saying the same lines, while shouting 'liar' to
those who would reason with you. Sola scripture is not to be laughed at.
It is understanding that everything must be judged by what God says.
KayMarie
Private interpretation was never taught. Sola scripture was never taught.
If you follow Christ, how come you're not interested in following what He actually taught?
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning, Preston,
The problem with Billy Graham is.....
the people are responding to the "words of Billy Graham" and NOT the "Word of God"....
you are correct and when I was a young child, I loved to hear him speak.

his voice does merzmirize people, and as I stated, heasrt fortold to graham that he would be loved by millions because of his voice and so it did come to pass.

But God isnt overcome by how pleasing a persons voice can be, only what comes out of it and graham will pay for what he ahs sowed some day.

in this world, he has reaped his reward. his wealth is immense, in heaven, he will have no reward.

since he wont be there unless he repents.and I sincerely doubt if that will ever happen.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
People must understand that we are to REBUKE false teachers and NOT fellowship with false teachers.....
yep. Jesus did, and if it is good enough for Him. we as Christians should do the same thing and I showed where Paul did also.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Pad , How are you doing. I was just say we didn't have much snow up here but it was cold, that was yesterday what a difference a day makes.
It started to snow everly yesterday and is still going, we have lots of snow now.
The ski hills will be open early this year.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas Pad God Bless you all.
Thank you, and the same to you.Just the thought of snow,makes my bones grind.I do not care personally about a white Christmas.If it were up to me really,I would move to a warm climate.The people,the decorations,the food,and most of all the message of Christmas make it worth celebrating.May the snow blow in the Antartica.

I have had enough of it,I am glad that in heaven snow is not one of the features of our eternal reward. Although I must admit the first snow fall can be beautiful.and I do like the hymns with the lyric(Whiter than snow).Hope you can get around and it is not a continuous bother to you LTM in Canada? Nevertheless you Canadians are a hearty lot,and right now your government seems to be smarter than ours.But I would not move there,your winters scare me.ENJOY your loved ones and the holidays,especially Christmas day.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Nadia Radzyminski wrote:
My grandparents were Catholic. They attended church in Cleveland, Ohio.
Many important rules of behavior (in society and in general human behavior) are defined in the Bible.
Some people do not believe in God, but I do.
I don't know all of the Ten Comandments, but they are mostly worth reading.
Don't Steal. Don't Kill anyone. Don't rape. Don't covet what is not yours. Love thy neighbor.
People who kill are never forgiven, by God or anyone else.
Jesus never killed anyone.
He died on a wooden cross.
Jesus was born on December 25th, thousands of years ago.
"People who kill are never forgiven, by God or anyone else." Thank God you are wrong in this statement Nadia,because many who have killed have found forgiveness in Christ,and a relationship with the Father was formed in them.Even those who would not forgive a killer,have through and in Christ forgiven the perpetrator,to release their own bondage to the possibility of hatred,that eats like a cancer to a living soul.All through history Nadia,people have forgiven those who killed their loved ones,with God's help,it does not require emotion or passion to do such,but it requires the Love of God to motivate a soul into forgiving even the worst offender.

God only forgives when a person seeks forgiveness and has forgiven others.Murder is not unforgiveable,but Blaspheming the Holy Spirit is unforgiveable.We must guard our hearts from that Sin that cannot be forgiven in this life or the next.

Murderers cannot enter the Kingdom of God,but forgiven blood washed individuals who murdered can enter only through the Blood of Christ.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, when I read your words,
one thing stood out.
she is like Eve in the garden, smiling all of the time that she is lying to God.
The fact that you indentified them as frauds so long ago tells me that you have a pretty discerning eye when dealing with people like confrinting and his wife. I have never seen people throw out so many accusations and so much slander while being so obviously ignorant of the facts. I think they have some real deep issues.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If you follow Christ, how come you're not interested in following what He actually taught?
~~~
How do you know that she is not following what Jesus taught?

or she is not interested in doing so?

YOU CAN NOT PRODUCE A VIABLE ALTERNATIVE

ALL YOU HAVE IS

HEARSAY,

TRADITIONS,

SUPERSTITIONS.

FOLKLORE,

FABLES

ASSUMPTIONS

PRESUMPTION AND

CONJECTURE...

WITH A HISTORICAL CRESCENDO OF

TORTURE

THEFT

MURDER

SODOMY

PERVERSION AND

LIES.

NO VALIDATION

CREDIBILITY FROM

THE OLD OR

NEW TESTAMENT.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask a question that has one confirmation of a decent answer Clay.THE BIBLE told me so! We can confirm our faith in Christ through the written Word,it confirms our faith,and when we come up with some weird doctrine,go to the Bible and look for it there,if it is not there don't receive it into your s p i r i t.We play it much safer as we allow the boundaries of Holy Writ through the WORD to confine us to the real truth.

By the way we should not add to the Scriptures,even if it is only meant for REVELATION. For no one has the authority to change the Bible in its present form.Who has that right? If the RCC started to tear out segments of Scripture,would you accept that? If any institution of Christian endeavor tries to change the Word of God or add to it with another book or segment,they should be admonished and kept from doing so.If we want to share some spiritual nugget from some other source than the Bible,just read it and enjoy it separately,do not try to incorporate it into the Bible.

The Bible stands alone as the Inspired Word of God,honor it as such.If Clay your church wants to carry the Book around with holy reverence that is wonderful,but do not on the other hand try to diminish its majestic message and power in the Living Church by mocking those who choose to live by it soley and as the only confirmation of Christian doctrine!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 393,281 - 393,300 of532,378
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Scales Off 8,120
More Tue Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Mon SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Mon Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••