Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,664)

Showing posts 393,261 - 393,280 of530,108
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Wife tells me I am getting better.I believe I am as well.Praise Christ.As long as fluid does not return to my lungs, I will be joyous.Got carried out of home 3 times in ambulance cause it comes back fast.I believe I am out of the woods and getting better. Thanks for asking. And I will check out the other side of the issue. Thank you for keeping me honest.
Praise the Lord for He is good....
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay"
The Bible is not the only thing about Christianity. If you believe it is, could you kindly provide a verse where Jesus says the Bible is all that is to be revealed about His ministry?
If you think the Bible is all there should be, then why did it take almost 400 yrs for Christians to have one?
Please explain.
Several things were involved in the lack of a Bible. The printing press was not discovered until 1440. Scripture was laboriously hand printed, thus very scarce, and limited to the ministry. It was carefully protected. If a mistake happened, the whole page might be destroyed, the writer would start again. After the printing press, Bibles were available to many, and whole nations were changed when their people could read the Bible. The CC fought this. CC's as late as sixty years ago TOLD ME that it was dangerous for ordinary people to read the Bible; they NEEDED the church to explain it.(Call me a liar...I'm getting used to it. My Catholic sister and some Catholic neighbors gave me this info.)
The common CC argument for praying to Mary, they also gave to me. Their reasoning was that if Jesus wouldn't listen to them, SURELY He would not deny His mother her request. So they prayed to her, and she relayed their requests to Him... guaranteeing them an answer they thought.
JESUS said, John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask THE FATHER in my name, he will give it you.
Joh 16:24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
Even today there are places where it is ILLEGAL to own a Bible. Our forefathers instituted public schools for the purpose of teaching people to READ THE BIBLE. A people who know the Bible are not easily enslaved.
The Bible is especially important because men can too easily twist the Word.
II Pet.3:15...'even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
2Pe 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
2Pe 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
I appreciate the work/faithfulness of those who have labored to provide the Bible to us. Sola Scriptura is the practice of judging all doctrine BY THE SCRIPTURES. There are many good people who help us with it...but as Peter said,'unlearned and unstable' people twist (wrest) the scriptures to their own (and others) destruction.
KayMarie
Again Kay, your post is filled with falsehoods.

I want to take the time and explain to you why, but I already done so with all the other Catholics on here. It didn't do any good.
I'll just say a couple things
you said "the common Catholic argument about praying to Mary is if Jesus won't listen to them, surely he'll listen to His Mother". Goodness Kay, I can't even entertain that accusation.

Private interpretation of scripture is a disaster. It boggles my mind you all still cling to sola scripture when you been shown that its a false doctrine started by some guy. It never was taught by Christ nor His Apostles NOR anyone else until a few hundred yrs ago.
Yet, you preach it to everyone who'll hear. That would make you a liar. Because sola scripture doesn't exist.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>your right you have shown me man made pagan/christian church history which is meaningless,what scriptural devine history have you shown me fron the bible and other scripture that what you say is true?? NONE! you have posted nothing except what constantines chosen men have stated about the church,which is not worth the paper it's written on.the early church fathers are just learned people not holy people,not chosen by jesus or god or by peter for that matter. like i have said a thousand times,show me a passage where jesus says the catholic church is his true church,then i'll believe it.until then,THE non-catholics will stick to the truth and follow the true church lead by it's true leader jesus,not some criminal in a fish hat.

I along with the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world will CONTINUE to believe, adhere to and embrace the TRUTH of the Catholic/Christian sources of TRUE Church History handed down for over 2000 years from the writings by the Early Church Fathers, Lives of the Saints and the Apologistic historian authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant).... You jethro8 can believe any and all of the anti-catholic heresy, lies and distortion of TRUE Church History that you want! Makes NO DIFFERENCE to me!!! End of discussion!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

who="Clay"
Again Kay, your post is filled with falsehoods.
I want to take the time and explain to you why, but I already done so with all the other Catholics on here. It didn't do any good.
I'll just say a couple things
you said "the common Catholic argument about praying to Mary is if Jesus won't listen to them, surely he'll listen to His Mother". Goodness Kay, I can't even entertain that accusation.
Private interpretation of scripture is a disaster. It boggles my mind you all still cling to sola scripture when you been shown that its a false doctrine started by some guy. It never was taught by Christ nor His Apostles NOR anyone else until a few hundred yrs ago.
Yet, you preach it to everyone who'll hear. That would make you a liar. Because sola scripture doesn't exist.

Not a single falsehood, Clay. Private interpretation is no more dangerous than memorizing the lines of some 'church fathers', and spouting them as 'gospel'. That is why that you all sound like parrots...always saying the same lines, while shouting 'liar' to
those who would reason with you. Sola scripture is not to be laughed at.
It is understanding that everything must be judged by what God says.

KayMarie
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
TBS
At last....
You write,"There is no evidence of a god, so why would I believe in one? You, as in all belivers, try convince the world that there is at least one. I use the bible to prove that man created the religion."
Answer: Because you deny the evidence, you deny God.
Belief in one God, is against the way human beings rule on this earth. Human rule is religion. Belief in One God, is Truth. So in part you are correct, the Bible proves man created religion, and the laws that arise out of them....
You write, "My role here is to show the world these flaws."
Answer: Sounds like a Napoleonic Complex....Your "logic" and reasoning skills are very simple( Originally, I tried to use logic, then philosophy with you, and you could only accuse me of redirecting issues, and IMHO you will do in the future with anyone. This proved to me the futility of writing on an educated level with you.), lack of knowledge of the Bible is shallow(You take out scriptures and use them as you see fit. Everyone sees it. But the argument goes away when you quote the Bible in the first place, as an Authority greater than your own....), and your understanding limited(Here I tried to communicate with you concerning faith. But your denial to enter in a discussion, merely displays the shakiness of your faith in a no-god system, view of the Universe, or whatever you believe....) In other words, "Stop trying to be like God, and tell people how to think. You obviously don't have the skills. And you are not Moses....
Finally I would commend you for having us self-examine our beliefs, it lends to our better understanding. You might try a bit of it on yourself....
Good and respectful response.He made a very good point didn't he?And we do need to re-examine our beliefs and whether or not we personally believe them without a doubt as well.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Wife tells me I am getting better.I believe I am as well.Praise Christ.As long as fluid does not return to my lungs, I will be joyous.Got carried out of home 3 times in ambulance cause it comes back fast.I believe I am out of the woods and getting better. Thanks for asking. And I will check out the other side of the issue. Thank you for keeping me honest.
~~~
Hi Herme..

Not all can believe or accept what I am going to say

( it don't matter to me if the do or not... The truth is the truth if it hair lips the devil.) AND IT WORKS FOR ME...

I keep my health by the daily application of the word of God.

I AM A SPIRIT ..I LIVE IN A BODY ...AND I POSSESS A SOUL...

ME....BEING A SPIRIT THAT HAS RESIDENCE IN MY BODY ...I COMMAND MY

BODY TO RESPOND/TO OBEY THE WORD OF GOD...

(AS THE APOSTLE PAUL WROTE,,

1Co_9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection:.....

GOD'S WORD SAYS..

Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But

1.he/JESUS was wounded for our transgressions,....

He forgave my sins

2.he/JESUS was bruised for our iniquities:
He removed my moral faults

3.the chastisement of our peace was upon him/JESUS; and ..
He gave me peace

4.with his/JESUS' stripes we are healed....

He healed my body soul and spirit.

>it all came to us through the passions death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.<

___

WHEN I was..BORN AGAIN

I RECEIVED "SALVATION"

MY SALVATION INCLUDES

1.WELFARE

2.HEALTH

3.DELIVERANCE

4.PROSPERITY

5.victory.

I attempt to appropriate the above and they are my daily confident expectations.

By the application of the word...commanding my body to respond

at the age of 78...I don't need a family doctor...I enjoy good health..

as Paul said in.

Act_17:28 For in him we live,and

move and

have our being;

as certain also of your own poets have said,

For we are also his offspring.

WHILE OTHERS CALL ME A LIAR AND DEEM GOD'S WORD TO BE SOLA SCRIPTURA

THEY SCOFF AT IT..

I APPLY IT DAILY ...

AND ENJOY IT AS THE ANSWER TO MY EVERY NEED.

The daily application of Gods word works for me...

THE WORD SAYS...

Php_4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

David wrote..

Psa_68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.

Psa_103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

Psa 116:5 Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.

Psa 116:6 The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.

Psa 116:7 Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee.

Psa 116:8 For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.

Psa 116:9 I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.

Psa 116:10 I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted:

Psa 116:11 I said in my haste, All men are liars.

==>NOTE
Psa 116:12 What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

Psa 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. <==
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

who="Clay"
The Bible is not the only thing about Christianity. If you believe it is, could you kindly provide a verse where Jesus says the Bible is all that is to be revealed about His ministry?
If you think the Bible is all there should be, then why did it take almost 400 yrs for Christians to have one?
Please explain.
S
The common CC argument for praying to Mary, they also gave to me. Their reasoning was that if Jesus wouldn't listen to them, SURELY He would not deny His mother her request. So they prayed to her, and she relayed their requests to Him... guaranteeing them an answer they thought.
JESUS said, John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask THE FATHER in my name, he will give it you.
Joh 16:24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
Even today there are places where it is ILLEGAL to own a Bible. Our forefathers instituted public schools for the purpose of teaching people to READ THE BIBLE. A people who know the Bible are not easily enslaved.
The Bible is especially important because men can too easily twist the Word.
II Pet.3:15...'even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
2Pe 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
2Pe 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

KayMarie
Forgive me KayMarie,I had to shorten your post to fit mine to you.Great post by the way,and very true about the Scriptures and the abuse of the various persuasions in trying to keep it from the ordinary person.Well we have abuses today and many from God knows how many different venues.

But we have the truth,and it has been clear from the beginnin,IN THEM we have what we need to believe:Jesus lived,taught,confronted the Pharisees,led the Apostles in Him,and the Kingdom of the Father,was betrayed by Judas,Suffered under Pontius Pilate,was tortured through scourging and the crown of thorns,was made to carry His cross although helped by Simeon,was crucified in between two thieves as a common criminal,DIED Praise His holy Name,and was buried in another man's grave,ROSE three days later,Is ALIVE in His glorious Resurrected Body,taught the Apostles for another 40 days post resurrection, and NOW sits at the Right Hand of His Father in the Glory the Father preserved for Him,and the HOLY SPIRIT was sent to the Apostles,including the Mother of Jesus Miriam,and HE will lead us into all truth.

The Bible is N O accident,and I consider the arguement of sola scriptura by our Catholic brothers and sisters somewhat mute. I never seen anyone worship the BOOK,as a matter of fact it is not given enough respect as the Written Word of God.CONTIN
UED:
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul never said that a minister could not be married --HOWEVER--notice what he recommends and encourages as a guide as the "best way"---not to "divide responsibilities" and to spend "full time" in doing the Lords word by "not being married" (or in other words--"remain celibate". Paul said, " I am saying this to help you in better serving the Lord--and not to keep you from marrying". Like I have told you before 4GVN, we as Catholics will worship God "In His Way" in the FULLNESS OF THE FAITH, in and through Our Lords One True Catholic Church---you can worship God "In your own--personal opinionated way".
What a bunch of baloney!

TODAY! The catholic church says no priests to be married and you say GOOD!

If another pope comes along and says "now is the time to allow priests to marry" and you will parrot again with "THATS GOOD IDEA"!

GURANTEED!

Former protestant ministers are now allowed to become catholic priests and bring along their lovely wife and 10 kids..........why is that OK, if you say no priest should not divide his time?

You are a parrot, the church loves you! SQUAKKK!!
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

KayMarie continued the BIBLE. Actually the Catholics and Orthodox show a greater respect for the Holy Word of our Lord when they bring it into the sanctuary,carrying it with a holy reverence,something to ponder on,with respect to the things of God.

Many Evangelicals do not show proper respect for the Word,and that is showing more and more in these times,some preachers and evangelists hold the book as though it is a rag.

The CONTENT is what we should be concerned about and it gives us a wide glimpse of the Majesty of the Things of God,even to the least of us who take the Word and read it.

No man or woman should be denied the Word,and especially today,we see even people with Downs Syndrome,and mentally handicapped people reading the Word and gaining spiritual insight,and most of all a spiritual blessing from the W o r d of God.Tender is He and Majestic altogether,that even to babes and those who are afflicted He speaks through His dynamic Word the Bible.

"The LORD regns for ever and ever. Such is the assurance of Your Prophet Zechariah:
The LORD shall be acknowledged KING of all the earth. On that day of the Lord be ONE and His Name ONE."

"V'ne'emar,v'haya Adonai l'melekh al Kol ha-aretz, bayom ha-hu yiyeh Adonai ehad u-sh'mo ehad."

From a Jewish Torah Prayer and service book I have in my possession.The Words of truth and spiritual worth should always be protected and kept aloof from the books of Men.We believers have the spiritual responsibility to hold to all truth whether it be from our ancestors the JEWS,or the centuries under Catholicism in Europe,including the time of the Reformers who also in many cases sought to preserve and establish the Holy Writ,and NOW in this time especially the Word of God,and many good works that include Holy Writ should be treated with respect and given our sincere attention.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

who="LTM"
KM, Preston is calling me a lair on the assumption that I read a post from Orville to him
I didn't, to this day I haven't read it and I did go looking for it.
I have problems with my eyes, and there was a period I had no glasses at all I think I went a week with none.
I believe I mentioned that on here.
I know. Don't be worried about it.
Preston seems to be a hurting man...he likely suffered emotionally from the anti-Vietnam protesters who tormented our soldiers when they returned.
I heard a young men apeak who had lost an eye, and, I think, an arm and a leg in Vietnam. When he returned he was at a train station struggling unsuccessfully to move his luggage. A man there asked if he had come from Vietnam, and the fellow thought he was going to help him with his bags. When he said 'yes', the man spat on him and walked away.
Few people know that that protest was not 'American'. Soviet Russia spent a Billion dollars to shuttle those 'protesters' around with placards. You can fight a war in more ways than one.
Many of those poor soldiers committed suicide, or laid in hospitals till they died of their wounds OR loneliness. Jane Fonda tormented them, and I'm sure that many of them thought that it was us (America) that shamed them.
It's a long story, but I try to understand...
KayMarie
I understand what you are saying KM. I saw the young men getting off of trains and boats with no arms and legs no older then 20 some of them. It was heart breaking to see them being treat that way.
Vietnam. should never of happened, when you have a fellow American torment you like Jane Fonda, but she wasn't the only one KM .
The Media didn't help either.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jethro, I will be Praying for you, they will find no cancer in your body.
And I agree with that in the Mighty and Matchless Name of J e s u s,Amen!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

who="LTM"
I understand what you are saying KM. I saw the young men getting off of trains and boats with no arms and legs no older then 20 some of them. It was heart breaking to see them being treat that way.
Vietnam. should never of happened, when you have a fellow American torment you like Jane Fonda, but she wasn't the only one KM .

I know that, LTM. Marx and Lenin call those who hear and parrot propaganda,'useful idiots', and many Americans fell into that trap...even some Congressmen and military. Our men were not allowed to 'whip' the Viet Cong. Our nations pacifist stand then, opened the doors to the communist tilt that we suffer today.

KayMarie

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How does a cross on public property, for example, offend you??
Exactly, it doesn't. You're a fascist who wants the world to think like you do.
How does a cross on public property offend me? I doesn't, the fact that you think that you are the only ones allowed to do so offends me. Would you stop the kkk from burning a cross on public property? Most people would, since most people know it is a symbol of hate. You are not smart enough to realize that your cross is a symbol of hate as well.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>And I agree with that in the Mighty and Matchless Name of J e s u s,Amen!
Hi Pad , How are you doing. I was just say we didn't have much snow up here but it was cold, that was yesterday what a difference a day makes.
It started to snow everly yesterday and is still going, we have lots of snow now.
The ski hills will be open early this year.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas Pad God Bless you all.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

who="LTM"
I know that, LTM. Marx and Lenin call those who hear and parrot propaganda,'useful idiots', and many Americans fell into that trap...even some Congressmen and military. Our men were not allowed to 'whip' the Viet Cong. Our nations pacifist stand then, opened the doors to the communist tilt that we suffer today.
KayMarie
I was reading one of your post were you said something is suppose to happen in 10 days, what is going to happen KM??
Charlie rabb

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Look At This...

http://uvioo.com/video/...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Would this be a Catholic church?

For yet another example of how emboldened the Muslim Brotherhood has become in the U.S. and the naive blindness of the general public, Muslim Brotherhood front group, the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC), is holding its annual convention in a church - All Saints Church in Pasadena - for the first time in its 25 year history. What's more, due to objections to the event as evidenced by phone calls and emails to the church, the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security will be working with local police to "secure" the area.(The Muslim Brotherhood surely has U.S. intelligence and law enforcement in their hip pocket)!

Read more: Family Security Matters http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publicat...
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

who="TheBlackSheep"
And the reason we bring up the child abuse cases, the cover ups of the child abuse cases, god's laws on rape, murder and slavery, the infighting between sects and the inconsistencies of the bible is to show your hypocrisy.
Believers want us to follow rules, which they themselves refuse to follow.
Point being, I am not trying to get you into my family. I am not trying to force my family's laws into your society. If my family had 10 main laws, which no one in my family even tried to follow, I would not try to force you to hang those laws in your sunday school classroom, or make you study my family's beliefs in science, as if they were true.
I am not trying to force you into my world, I am trying to force you out of mine.
As soon as christians stop or stop trying:
putting their religious symbols on public property.
to force creationism to be taught as science
to force the bible into history class, as a history book.
putting their religious laws in our laws.
etc.
Then I will stop talking about how silly the notion of a god is.
It will never happen...even if we gave up, your hatred would keep you talking. It's what you do.
When you God-haters finally shut down our free speech, and our freedom of religion, you won't like the results. The ones in power will start killing off Christians...as they have done wherever they have taken power. You will be one of those who die (if they don't like you, they won't care what you believe), OR you will be on the side of the killers. Our forefathers came to America to escape such evil.
The silliest 'opinion' on this earth, is that everything just happened when some gasses exploded. WHERE did the gasses come from? Or the spark that ignited them?
Sort of like bombing a junk yard, and expect the falling pieces to show up as a 747 jet.
Snap out of it...
KayMarie
Why do you hate Bdfrdesfhuj? What did he ever do to you?

I know that one of us joined the U. S. Army to protect our rights. To be so arrogant, so self righteous, to make the ignorant statements that you did... Wait! Christians don't made assessing out of themselves like that!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Black Sheep:
If this is something which is unique to scientists, then you may have a case; but it is not. Show me a preacher who is not proud of their 'knowledge' of god.
There is a difference. The 'intellectual' is proud of how much he knows.(Some intellectuals are preachers.:)
The sincere minister is proud of THE WORD. I thank God for every word.
KayMarie
Even the words about killing non-belivers? Good to Know!That is what makes your kind so dangerous!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

who="TheBlackSheep"
How does a cross on public property offend me? I doesn't, the fact that you think that you are the only ones allowed to do so offends me. Would you stop the kkk from burning a cross on public property? Most people would, since most people know it is a symbol of hate. You are not smart enough to realize that your cross is a symbol of hate as well.

Difference: the KKK burned the cross (shaming it) as a terrorism threat.

The church respects the cross because it tells of the love that Jesus showed for us. He did not HAVE to bear that cross...and He could have been delivered from it. He CHOSE to be victorious over it for our sake.
No hate there...

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 393,261 - 393,280 of530,108
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••