Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

preston

Waverly, OH

#408307 Dec 10, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text> Nothing more needs to be said.
i AGREE NOTHING ELSE NEEDS TO BE SAID ABOUT THAT FALSE TEACHER AND INSTIGATOR AGAINST THE NATION OF iSRAEL AND GODs CHOSEN PEOPLE.

and like those articles said very clearly,

the hounds of hell(you and tHE sda cultists ) will be howling away.

BUT THAT IS ALL THAT YOU CAN DO. JUST HOWL. IN THE END GOD WILL JUDGE HIS SOUL OVER HIS WORDS AGAINST GOD AND HIS CHILDREN.

you dont care about graham, it is just another attempt at me, as if I could care what perverts like you think.lol
Clay

United States

#408308 Dec 10, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
How does a cross on public property offend me? I doesn't, the fact that you think that you are the only ones allowed to do so offends me. Would you stop the kkk from burning a cross on public property? Most people would, since most people know it is a symbol of hate. You are not smart enough to realize that your cross is a symbol of hate as well.
Get real. Many people consider this that and everything under the Sun a symbol of hate. The American flag should be removed from all public property because many people consider THAT a symbol of hate.
preston

Waverly, OH

#408309 Dec 10, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
Kay, your words are indicative of a guilty conscience. You've been caught out too many times by too many people. I and the other Catholics know enough about those incidents to know that they're gossip, rumors, and outright lies.
~~~
The Bible establishes THE TRUTH by two or more witnesses..
My wife and I both witnessed the event at Gettysburg Pa. Roman Catholic Church as did the others at the wedding...where the woman drained the Chalice.
so you can only assume your presumptions assumptions as you do the rest of you conjecture that you attempt to deceive others with.
GOD KNOW WHOM THE LIARS ARE.
after a months, now you enter into this fray.why have you been silent for all of this time?

never mind, it has been proven that you and Saphrira will lie and swear to them.

TELL ME AGAIN,(OH, YOU DIDNT IN THE FIRST PLACE)

JUST HOW DID i COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT YOU WERE STEALING MATERIAL THAT WASNT YOURS?

AND JUST HOW WAS I ABLE TO FIND OUT WHERE YOU WERE GETTING THOSE ARTICLES FROM?

I know the answer.lol
and so do you ANANIAS!
preston

Waverly, OH

#408310 Dec 10, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
KM, Preston is calling me a lair on the assumption that I read a post from Orville to him
I didn't, to this day I haven't read it and I did go looking for it.
I have problems with my eyes, and there was a period I had no glasses at all I think I went a week with none.
I believe I mentioned that on here.
YOU HAD NO PROBLEM READING WHAT WAS BEING SAID IN HER POST, DID YOU.

AND IF YOU HAVE EYE PROBLEMS(AND THIS ONE PROVES THAT YOU ARE A LIAR)

HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT I WAS ATTACKING ORVILLE? if you cant read?

As mike says; BUSTED.
preston

Waverly, OH

#408311 Dec 10, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to add to my already long reply, because I don't want you to side step this issue.
The Catholic Church put the book of Revelation into the Bible after holding council where they determined 26 other books to be added as well. Right? Its historical fact.. The Church added books to scripture. That is how we have a New Testament.
I'm trying to phrase my question without making you look totally crazy...
You use the last couple lines of Revelation, to declare the Church in error for 'adding to the Bible' even thou, that's the only way Revelation could, um .... Get into the Bible?
Then... You use the last couple lines of Revelation as a blanket statement for the other separate books that make up the Bible.
Yes 4gvn. That is what deception is.
they try to be vey good at deception but for some reason, it rears up and bites them where they sit.

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Clay, I hope you don't mind that I cut away all of the incindiary, snide remarks and meaningless chatter. As you can see, It didn't leave much.
But, it is interesting that you claim that the RCC "DID add books to the bible".
What does the scripture say about adding or taking away from the word of God?

his last sentance shows how ignorant and deceitful that he is.

that pertains to the Book of Revelation ONLY.

so that statement by him is a lie, plain and simple.
Clay

United States

#408312 Dec 10, 2012
who="Clay"
Again Kay, your post is filled with falsehoods.
I want to take the time and explain to you why, but I already done so with all the other Catholics on here. It didn't do any good.
I'll just say a couple things
you said "the common Catholic argument about praying to Mary is if Jesus won't listen to them, surely he'll listen to His Mother". Goodness Kay, I can't even entertain that accusation.
Private interpretation of scripture is a disaster. It boggles my mind you all still cling to sola scripture when you been shown that its a false doctrine started by some guy. It never was taught by Christ nor His Apostles NOR anyone else until a few hundred yrs ago.
Yet, you preach it to everyone who'll hear. That would make you a liar. Because sola scripture doesn't exist.
Not a single falsehood, Clay. Private interpretation is no more dangerous than memorizing the lines of some 'church fathers', and spouting them as 'gospel'. That is why that you all sound like parrots...always saying the same lines, while shouting 'liar' to
those who would reason with you. Sola scripture is not to be laughed at.
It is understanding that everything must be judged by what God says.
KayMarie
Private interpretation was never taught. Sola scripture was never taught.
If you follow Christ, how come you're not interested in following what He actually taught?
preston

Waverly, OH

#408313 Dec 10, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning, Preston,
The problem with Billy Graham is.....
the people are responding to the "words of Billy Graham" and NOT the "Word of God"....
you are correct and when I was a young child, I loved to hear him speak.

his voice does merzmirize people, and as I stated, heasrt fortold to graham that he would be loved by millions because of his voice and so it did come to pass.

But God isnt overcome by how pleasing a persons voice can be, only what comes out of it and graham will pay for what he ahs sowed some day.

in this world, he has reaped his reward. his wealth is immense, in heaven, he will have no reward.

since he wont be there unless he repents.and I sincerely doubt if that will ever happen.
preston

Waverly, OH

#408314 Dec 10, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
People must understand that we are to REBUKE false teachers and NOT fellowship with false teachers.....
yep. Jesus did, and if it is good enough for Him. we as Christians should do the same thing and I showed where Paul did also.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#408317 Dec 10, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, when I read your words,
one thing stood out.
she is like Eve in the garden, smiling all of the time that she is lying to God.
The fact that you indentified them as frauds so long ago tells me that you have a pretty discerning eye when dealing with people like confrinting and his wife. I have never seen people throw out so many accusations and so much slander while being so obviously ignorant of the facts. I think they have some real deep issues.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#408318 Dec 10, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If you follow Christ, how come you're not interested in following what He actually taught?
~~~
How do you know that she is not following what Jesus taught?

or she is not interested in doing so?

YOU CAN NOT PRODUCE A VIABLE ALTERNATIVE

ALL YOU HAVE IS

HEARSAY,

TRADITIONS,

SUPERSTITIONS.

FOLKLORE,

FABLES

ASSUMPTIONS

PRESUMPTION AND

CONJECTURE...

WITH A HISTORICAL CRESCENDO OF

TORTURE

THEFT

MURDER

SODOMY

PERVERSION AND

LIES.

NO VALIDATION

CREDIBILITY FROM

THE OLD OR

NEW TESTAMENT.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#408319 Dec 10, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask a question that has one confirmation of a decent answer Clay.THE BIBLE told me so! We can confirm our faith in Christ through the written Word,it confirms our faith,and when we come up with some weird doctrine,go to the Bible and look for it there,if it is not there don't receive it into your s p i r i t.We play it much safer as we allow the boundaries of Holy Writ through the WORD to confine us to the real truth.

By the way we should not add to the Scriptures,even if it is only meant for REVELATION. For no one has the authority to change the Bible in its present form.Who has that right? If the RCC started to tear out segments of Scripture,would you accept that? If any institution of Christian endeavor tries to change the Word of God or add to it with another book or segment,they should be admonished and kept from doing so.If we want to share some spiritual nugget from some other source than the Bible,just read it and enjoy it separately,do not try to incorporate it into the Bible.

The Bible stands alone as the Inspired Word of God,honor it as such.If Clay your church wants to carry the Book around with holy reverence that is wonderful,but do not on the other hand try to diminish its majestic message and power in the Living Church by mocking those who choose to live by it soley and as the only confirmation of Christian doctrine!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#408320 Dec 10, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, when I read your words,
one thing stood out.
she is like Eve in the garden, smiling all of the time that she is lying to God.

The fact that you indentified them as frauds so long ago tells me that you have a pretty discerning eye when dealing with people like confrinting and his wife. I have never seen people throw out so many accusations and so much slander while being so obviously ignorant of the facts. I think they have some real deep issues.

~~~
WE ARE WHOM GOD SAYS WE ARE...

The Bible says

Mat_5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Luk_6:28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

BLESSINGS TO YOU BOTH FROM MY WIFE AND MYSELF..

Since: Sep 12

Fort Worth, TX

#408321 Dec 10, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>How does a cross on public property, for example, offend you??

Exactly, it doesn't. You're a fascist who wants the world to think like you do.
NEVER NEVER argue with and idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#408322 Dec 10, 2012
who="preston"the WHY didnt you make your statement that you never lied about that nun?
instead you remained quiet and asked me to provide proof that you said it, and I did.
so there was no "lie being made",
YOU HAD ALREADY MADE IT AND I PROVED IT AND LTM AGREES WITH YOU.
YOU LIE AND SHE SWEARS TO IT.
I never lied about the nun. You didn't prove any thing. You repeated the assumptions of others about what I said...NOT what I said. That is where you made the lie.
KM
After your statement the other week that you're "not a trouble maker", I find I'm less offended by your lies than your intentional effort to make this nun, the pope and Catholics in general look bad. You have made several posts that in the end didn't have the effect you were looking for and it shined a light on the fact that you are indeed looking to stir up trouble.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#408323 Dec 10, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>If what you are saying is true of the RCC, then all one has to do is to recieve. With that I would agree. But that is not the case, is it Anthony?
Receive, yes. What is it to "receive" this gift? That is the question.

Fort Worth, TX

#408324 Dec 10, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>How does a cross on public property offend me? I doesn't, the fact that you think that you are the only ones allowed to do so offends me. Would you stop the kkk from burning a cross on public property? Most people would, since most people know it is a symbol of hate. You are not smart enough to realize that your cross is a symbol of hate as well.
I wouldn't stop the klan from doing anything most of those guys carry guns and its better to call the police than get shot. I hate the klan and the black panthers and the skin heads and anyone else who is racially motivated.
As for the cross at worst you could make the argument that we use it as an idol. It is the everyday reminder that Christ came and died for everyone's sins. The crucifix can be the symbol of his death and the empty cross the knowledge he ISN'T DEAD HE IS ALIVE AND IN HEAVEN. Every time you see the cross hear us pray read the money of our country see people going to church or hear the church bells ringing remember two things Jesus is alive and nanny nanny boo boo you don't have to like it.

Fort Worth, TX

#408325 Dec 10, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>Get real. Many people consider this that and everything under the Sun a symbol of hate. The American flag should be removed from all public property because many people consider THAT a symbol of hate.
I have a confederate battle flag not because I hate but because I was born and raised in the south by God. God bless Texas but I'm pretty sure the rest of you guys are in trouble.....lol
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#408326 Dec 10, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Poor Preston. Everyone is attacking YOU. What a switch. They do say that what goes around....Just sayin'. Wouls you like a little cheese with that WHINE?
I don't see him whining at all. I see him calling out people who are being dishonest. Who do you have a problem with that?
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#408327 Dec 10, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>YOU HAD NO PROBLEM READING WHAT WAS BEING SAID IN HER POST, DID YOU.
AND IF YOU HAVE EYE PROBLEMS(AND THIS ONE PROVES THAT YOU ARE A LIAR)
HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT I WAS ATTACKING ORVILLE? if you cant read?
As mike says; BUSTED.
Preston you are looking for problems were there isn't any.
You are calling me a lair for no reason, just because I didn't see a post Orville sent to you and responded to it.
You apologized to me and promised not to hassel me anymore, I feel that your purpose for that was because you felt you gained an ally in you relentless pursuit to humililate Mr and Mrs Contfrinting as well as Orville, I will have no part in your childish games Preston your an out and out bully, I truly think you are making things up or your out and out paranoid.
Get off the percoset Preston long term use of these pills is no good for you even in small doses.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#408328 Dec 10, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was NOT born on Dec. 25th....
We do NOT have the birthday of Jesus....
He was mostly likely born in the spring or summer time...
We are NOT told/commanded to celebrate His birth....we are to CELEBRATE His death, burial and resurrection....
Wrong the time frame insicated he was born later october or early September. Count 6 months back from the time he was crucified. He was crucified in the middle of the week the last 7 years of the time determined on Daniles people. he would have been 33 and half years old at the time of the crucifixion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Mr Sir 9,206
News Woman excommunicated from Catholic Church calls... 3 hr Sicko 3
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 5 hr RELIGION GARBAGE ... 84,126
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 6 hr RayOne 8
News Pinoys in NY prepare for Calungsod's sainthood (Aug '12) Sun untilthelighttak ... 209
News Pope on free speech: What about turning the oth... Sat KristoFMYsagun 11
News Cuban bishop says news of papal visit brings 'h... May 1 the AWSOME Cowboy 1
More from around the web