Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,620
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 12

Fort Worth, TX

#408211 Dec 9, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
I find it hilarious that we have an acknowledged atheist

who is worried about Christians whom he does not consider real Christians

not folowing what a God Whom he doesnt believe in

said to Moses (whom I guess he believes is fictional)

and advocating that Christ (Whom he does not believe in as God)

still requires us nonChristians to follow what this nonGod said to nonMoses.

And this is the kind of stuff that people actually put forth as a challenge and we debate here in Topics.

As Don King would say: "Only in America
God speaks to the spirit in everyone some just choose to ignore it till he stops or they can't hear him anymore.
truth

Perth, Australia

#408212 Dec 9, 2012
O you who cry for righteousness i see your tears!
Who say that?
Perhaps someone yes.
You wonder who talking..prophet is not without honor.
Please calculated how many honor and title your lost prophets have.
Did we lost maRCY AS WELL HONORS.
yES WE ARE.
OH OH OH POOR US..HOW THEY THEY FORGET THAT..ITS BEEN HIGHEST..IN ALL ASPECT..
YES ITS BEEN HEIGHTS AS COULD TROUGH TIME..

''you will sit as judge''
indirectly
marun=barun
o did I..not really
indirectly
yes many many time trough time as well history where we always been simple forgotten
as you see river go under dirty full of sin and go out pure as you see in spring water..
How many times i died?
now
How you find my kesten= pardon nuts?
marge

Ames, IA

#408213 Dec 9, 2012
<quoted text>Im sorry to step into this but I must say, arge, I like the adding of the word "mister". I picture you as John Wayne cleaning out an old time saloon of all the rebel rousers OL
Hey Hermi it's so nice having you back posting and you know how we Love your input but please stick to the subject at hand, the True Church sent from God, which can only be shared from 'son's of God'.

Serious.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#408214 Dec 9, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
God speaks to the spirit in everyone some just choose to ignore it till he stops or they can't hear him anymore.
Very interesting, Bat
truth

Perth, Australia

#408215 Dec 9, 2012
Now i am old Baron..or Barun Marun who picking rubbish what is left from others.
Please tell me which honor or title is that!
Did i need save all?
My Lord
My Lady
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408216 Dec 9, 2012
marge wrote:
Who is the greatest among you? The one who serves God.
But Percy says," I AM, I AM!"
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408217 Dec 9, 2012
<quoted text>Very interesting, Bat
Hey Hermi, did you ever research the evidence concerning the Apocrypha for your self? I saw where you claimed the other posts saved you a lot of time. I hope you examined the claims of both views.

Location hidden

#408218 Dec 9, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Hermi, did you ever research the evidence concerning the Apocrypha for your self? I saw where you claimed the other posts saved you a lot of time. I hope you examined the claims of both views.
I will be honest. looked at one view. You are correct. I need to and will look at both.

Location hidden

#408219 Dec 9, 2012
As the kids say you "caught me slippin" LOL
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408220 Dec 9, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>and just in case someone thinks that my words are not Biblical.reggie did what she is supposed to do
When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
The passage is talking about believers witnessing to the lost, you pinhead. You know nothing about scripture. And you know nothing about being a 'preacher'.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408221 Dec 9, 2012
hojo wrote:
KayMarie--the issue of celibacy criticism by bible only Protestants appears, re-appears over and over again(each time being authentically proven as "biblical truth" according to the teachings of the Catholic Church)----In order to "put this issue to rest" here again, are Pauls writings:
In Paul's letter to the Corinthians 7:32-34, he writes: "In all that you do, I want you to be free from worry. An unmarried man can spend his time "doing the Lords work and thinking how to please Him. But a married man "cannot do that as well: because he has to think about his earthly responsibilities and how to please his wife. His interests are divided.(THE CATHOLIC CHURCHES BIBLICAL TEACHING FOR PRIESTS CELIBACY)---Verse 34--"It is the same with a girl who marries. She faces the same problem. A girl who is "not married" can devote herself full time in pleasing the Lord in all she is and does"! But a married woman must consider other things such as housekeeping and the likes and dislikes of her husband".(THE CATHOLIC CHURCHES BIBLICAL TEACHING AND REASON FOR SISTERS AND NUNS IN THE RELIGIOUS LIFE).Verse 35 I am saying this "to help you" and not to try to keep you from marrying, but to "help you" to serve the Lord best--"free as possible" to distract your attention from Him."
You see, KayMarie--all you have to do is "read the bible" and believe what is says regarding the Catholic Churches teaching for the religious life instead of "projecting" your own personal (non-catholic) opinion!!! God Bless!!
But Paul NEVER said that any minister 'could not' be married. Why does the RCC place restrictions where scripture DOES NOT.
You see HOHO, all you have to do is read your bible to see the obvious difference in what Paul said and what the RCC said.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408222 Dec 9, 2012
As the kids say you "caught me slippin" LOL
Appreciate the honest response. How are you doing Hermi? Getting stronger I hope.
truth

Perth, Australia

#408223 Dec 9, 2012
Promise.
What God promise?
Restore what ever we lose!
its lost..all lot have people which they serve as well live..i am poor..who..no you don't..yes yes..no you don't..how many time strip off as well rip off..many times..
entire valley from both side is gone left and right belong to people...
one boy run poor ..he not be poor..but poor..his mother died in his early stage as baby..until his father recover and build new home as well new wife as well many kids..
he start work as smiter on properthy of his father..until he say as 15 years ol..father you need pay what i done for you..just few coins..could you imagen that..poore boy..yes ..he run away.. after heavy payment from his father could you imagen that..
he ribuld his honopr..as poo alone boy..
one more he become as residence where never exist nothing..where birds not come..he become first resident or citizen on that time where nothing exist
and rebuild city and harbor where today exist his people rebuild with his honor..but ones more rip off not left..as nothing left from previous serving entire valley as well port where our people live.
They can't see that or recognize that in honer which is lost trough time..prophets see..o yes god see as promise restore life and rebuild ones more..what is lost..nothing if you see only one family tragedy..but our people still is there as citizen where nothing exist before.
Who can before can always stand by on own lag as rebuild much more.

Where is hope courage is there..where is courage heart is there..where is heart love is there.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408224 Dec 9, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text> are you that ignorant that you believe that I am worried because a false prophet like Orville prays for God to kill me, do you?
but why would you think it is funny?
but since you do think it is funny, his sin will cling to you at the Judgement.
You must be, you have sure talked about it enough. But the fact is that what he said is not nearly as evil as you statement that asked God to send BILLY GRAHM to hell. You have no right to judge anyone. You should go talk to a real preacher and see if they can help you. You probably need to be saved. Christian people don't act like you do.
truth

Perth, Australia

#408225 Dec 9, 2012
poor boys from both side rebuild honor ..
both without mothers in early stage..
both alone without any help..

Who can stand front of face of God?

Ones what is lost can be return.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408226 Dec 9, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>just proving that LTM is a liar, nothing more, nothing less.if you think that a filthy mouth perverts words bother me, you are mistaken. I dont even consider you and the sda cultist worthy of contempt.
you three provide me plenty of free entertainment.and is well worth the cheap price that I pay for roadrunner.
I have yet to see any PROOF of LTM lying. I just see more of you vicious attacks. You are a sick man. I bet you ran a lot of people away from the church were you impersonated a 'preacher'.
truth

Perth, Australia

#408227 Dec 9, 2012
Read bible find meaning of wide biggest way.

Read of small but correct way zillion/zillion.

judge me
spit over me
nothing change

Jesus Christ listening and say;''turn over your face, other side''.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408228 Dec 9, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lets look at who is on YOUR SIDE.
you; afilthy mouth pervert.
sda, a follower of the false prophetess and satan
LTM; proven to be a liar superb
mr/s gif; they cant tell the truth for lying
marge, just her name says all that is needed to say.
Orville, a false prophet who prays for god to kill people.
Oddjg, another filthy mouth, maybe in your category except he doesnt seem to be a pervert.
Oxbow, hasnt been on here for awhile, and we thank the Lord for that.
so far, all you have on your side is a gaggle, now if you could fly, we could call you a skein.
GET THEE BEHIND ME, SATAN.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#408229 Dec 9, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="TheBlackSheep" I have read the bible. I have done a lot of research and I have found that the bible is a man made book, created to control others. If you, or anyone else, has enough evidence to convince me that I am wrong, I would be glad to hear it. After all, if there is a heaven and a hell, I would rather not be tortured for eternity just for not believing in the right god.
I trust that you are sincere in your request.
Your research is without value. There are multitudes out there who love to spout THEIR version of a god...or NO god. Many of them are very intellectual...college professors, and such. But if you read carefully, you will see that each one is very 'proud' of 'their' knowledge. Usually, a few days/years down the road, each of them is proven wrong.
It is like the snake oil salesman of years ago, or the food 'scientists' of today. Every few years one of them comes up with a 'miracle' food that will make you live forever...OR one that is sure to kill you. Give it a few years, and the new 'studies' will come out 'proving' the earlier 'studies' to be wrong.
In the 1960's the 'studies' proved that bread was killing heart patients. If you had a heart attack and went to the hospital, they would not give you bread. They didn't read the Good Book, because it says, that, "bread STRENGTHENS the heart." (Just eat a couple of slices...not the whole loaf".) We ate with a school teacher friend who piled his plate high with mashed potatoes, but bragged that he ate no bread!
It has been the same way with eggs, fats (some are better than others), and other items. In each case TIME and experience have wiped out the 'wisdom of the world'.
Meanwhile, the Bible has plodded right along...read Psalm 119 instead of that gruesome slavery stuff you've been into. Those passages that seem questionable either have translation problems...or your life experiences have not helped you to understand.
In America we once had slavery...but over the years, we learned better, and even began making special arrangements to show special kindness to those people. We even proudly elected a black president. But something happened...many black youth are trying to punish white people today for something that happened to their ancestors 150 years ago. Did YOU ever own a slave? Did YOU ever hang a black man? Few Americans could even THINK about such a thing. We live and work and go to church with them.
But politicians and other 'opinionated' folk are acting as if todays people are guilty of the 'sins of the fathers'.
Watch how the world turns for a bit. You will learn a lot from it. It is something like the 'jot and tittle' discussion we had. The Bible didn't say that we could change the law...it just said that we could break it. The law stays the same...but the offender will be punished.
KayMarie
Freakshow....we both know you wrote this to get a response. Perhaps to confirm that you are a human? You must get out more. Freak, anyone who writes this much is a freakshow..........get a life, go to a Kingdom Hall freak.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#408230 Dec 9, 2012
History reveals that many church fathers denied the apocrapha. Though some church fathers spoke approvingly of it, others--NOTABLY Origen,Jerome Athanasius and Cyril of Jeruselem--denied its inspiration and canonicity. Therefore, merely quoting some church fathers in favor of the Apocrypha does not make a convincing argument. History reveals that some church fathers used the Apocryphal books for devotional or preaching purposes, but did not consider them canonical. You can demonstrate 'respect' for a book without necessarily 'canonizing' it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 16 hr Mr Sir 8,723
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Fri QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web