Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,658)

Showing posts 393,141 - 393,160 of511,502
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not at all. There is no evidence of a god, so why would I believe in one? You, as in all belivers, try convince the world that there is at least one. I use the bible to prove that man created the religion.
You like Paul because Paul tells you that you do not have to follow god.
Why would a god majesty up laws for a small group of People? Laws that he knows they cannot follow. Then changet the laws for that same small group that he knows they cannot follow.. Then change the laws again for the rest of the world?
My role here is to show the world these flaws.
Think of it like this. Some supreme being makes some impossible laws for Buford, Wyoming, the rest of the country has no clue what is going on in Buford, Wyoming, therefore they cannot follow the laws and must be sent to hell. This supreme being decides to send someone to radically change his laws. What are the chances for belief? For thousands of years, these people were told to follow these laws and now a stranger is going to tell them something different? Still the rest of the country hasn't a chance, they haven't be given the laws again.
Does that make any sense to you? It shouldn't.
Then another guy comes along and changes all the laws again! The time the rest of the country is invited, but they are not given the son or the miracles, only the words of People they have been fighting with for thousands of years.
It is pretty silly, once you take a step back and examin would you have been taught to believe!
TBS

At last....

You write,"There is no evidence of a god, so why would I believe in one? You, as in all belivers, try convince the world that there is at least one. I use the bible to prove that man created the religion."

Answer: Because you deny the evidence, you deny God.
Belief in one God, is against the way human beings rule on this earth. Human rule is religion. Belief in One God, is Truth. So in part you are correct, the Bible proves man created religion, and the laws that arise out of them....

You write, "My role here is to show the world these flaws."

Answer: Sounds like a Napoleonic Complex....Your "logic" and reasoning skills are very simple( Originally, I tried to use logic, then philosophy with you, and you could only accuse me of redirecting issues, and IMHO you will do in the future with anyone. This proved to me the futility of writing on an educated level with you.), lack of knowledge of the Bible is shallow(You take out scriptures and use them as you see fit. Everyone sees it. But the argument goes away when you quote the Bible in the first place, as an Authority greater than your own....), and your understanding limited(Here I tried to communicate with you concerning faith. But your denial to enter in a discussion, merely displays the shakiness of your faith in a no-god system, view of the Universe, or whatever you believe....) In other words, "Stop trying to be like God, and tell people how to think. You obviously don't have the skills. And you are not Moses....

Finally I would commend you for having us self-examine our beliefs, it lends to our better understanding. You might try a bit of it on yourself....

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Like I said before...
You are attempting you own personal inquisition...
I am protected by the constitution as well as my heavenly Father.
If you don't like my post you don't have to read them.
According to the word of God...
Salvation is received by faith...
No rituals
No hail Mary's
No Rosary
No involvement of saints,
No idols..
No confessional booths
none of the calisthenics or works that the Roman Catholic Church requires...
Just simply ..saved by grace through faith...
Eph_2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,(by grace ye are saved;)
Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
________
Act_16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Saved defined
SA'VED, pp. Preserved from evil; injury or destruction; kept frugally; prevented; spared; taken in time.
You would like to shut my wife and I up if you could...BECAUSE THE TRUTH IS THE LAST THING YOU WANT TO HEAR...
BUT...
My answer is the same as the EARLY Apostles was before the counsel
Act 4:17 But that it spread no further among the people, let us straitly threaten them, that they speak henceforth to no man in this name.
Act 4:18 And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.
Act 4:19 But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.
Act 4:20 -->For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard. <--
Hi - I know we don't know each other well, but I think you are VERY smart and correct; I enjoy all your posts. Merry Christmas!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

<quoted text>
~~~
The Bible says..
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
No other requirements for salvation is needed...
after we receive Jesus Christ as out Lord and Savior...
we obey God's word
Which says..
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren,
by the mercies of God,
that ye present your bodies
a living sacrifice,
holy,
acceptable unto God,
which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And
be not conformed to this world:
but
be ye transformed
by the renewing of your mind,
that ye may prove what is that good,
and
acceptable,
and
perfect,
will of God.
Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as
NOTE
God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
SALVATION CANNOT BE EARNED BY WORKS...
~~~

SALVATION IS A FREE GIFT..

IT IS A REWARD FROM GOD..TO THE ONE THAT BELIEVES IN JESUS CHRIST AS HIS PERSONAL SAVIOR....BECAUSE OF GOD'S UNFAILING LOVE.. LOVE...

~~~

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him:/GOD

for he that cometh to God must believe that he/GOD is,

and

that he/GOD is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him/GOD.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

who="hojo"
Sorry KayMarie--but no one is "forced" to do accept celibacy in the Catholic Church!! Those whom God has "called" to His service to become priests do so "on their own--by their own choice and their own decision....... John 15:16 "You have not chosen me, but I have chosen you--to go and bear much fruit"..... You should know better than to criticize and interject your own "Protestant opinion" regarding those things that you "not only do not know ANYTHING about--nor do you understand!!
More yes/no confusion. They 'choose', yes, because they don't have a choice. If they wish to follow the holy calling of ministry, they MUST 'choose' the rule of the CC.
KayMarie
In Paul's letter to the Corinthians 7:32-34, he writes: "In all that you do, I want you to be free from worry. An unmarried man can spend his time "doing the Lords work and thinking how to please Him. But a married man "cannot do that as well: because he has to think about his earthly responsibilities and how to please his wife. His interests are divided.(THE CATHOLIC CHURCHES BIBLICAL TEACHING FOR PRIESTS CELIBACY)---Verse 34--"It is the same with a girl who marries. She faces the same problem. A girl who is "not married" can devote herself full time in pleasing the Lord in all she is and does"! But a married woman must consider other things such as housekeeping and the likes and dislikes of her husband".(THE CATHOLIC CHURCHES BIBLICAL TEACHING AND REASON FOR SISTERS AND NUNS IN THE RELIGIOUS LIFE).Verse 35 I am saying this "to help you" and not to try to keep you from marrying, but to "help you" to serve the Lord best--"free as possible" to distract your attention from Him."
You see, KayMarie--all you have to do is "read the bible" and believe what is says regarding the Catholic Churches teaching for the religious life instead of "projecting" your own personal (non-catholic) opinion!!! God Bless!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

who="TheBlackSheep"
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Apples and oranges. Jesus didn't say that no one would BREAK one of the commandments. He said that NOT ONE 'dot or comma' of the commandments would FAIL.

People fail; God's Word DOES NOT FAIL.

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

[who="TheBlackSheep"
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
jesus said that he is fulfilling the prophecies, not the law. How do one fulfill the law? If fact, he is saying that he did not come to destroy,{do away with} the law.

LOVE is the fulfilling of the law. The first commandments speak of loving God. The rest speak of loving mankind. Jesus fulfilled the law. EVERY WHERE HE WENT, HE WAS DOING GOOD.

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

who="Anthony MN"
I think you've really hit the nail on the head with the issue of honesty from confrinting and kay Preston. There's something fundamentally wrong with a person's faith when the only way they can defend themselves is to bear false witness.

Definitely shows the condition of YOUR faith. You continually accuse me...even when you have not a shred of evidence...only your imagination.

What I have written is TRUE. So where does that leave your faith?
Mine is in GOD.

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi - I know we don't know each other well, but I think you are VERY smart and correct; I enjoy all your posts. Merry Christmas!
~~~~~~~~~~

A MERRY CHRISTMAS! TO YOU AND YOURS..

and to...

all THAT ARE A PART

or are OBSERVING THESE POST

NO MATTER WHOM OR WHERE YOU

RESIDE.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

who="Anthony MN"
False Kay, there are many different "holy" ministries a person can choose.

NOT FALSE, Anthony. THEY CANNOT CHOOSE THE PRIESTHOOD WITHOUT A VOW OF CELIBACY. You know better.

KayMarie
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
SALVATION IS A FREE GIFT..
IT IS A REWARD FROM GOD..TO THE ONE THAT BELIEVES IN JESUS CHRIST AS HIS PERSONAL SAVIOR....BECAUSE OF GOD'S UNFAILING LOVE.. LOVE...
~~~
Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him:/GOD
for he that cometh to God must believe that he/GOD is,
and
that he/GOD is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him/GOD.
You phony. I believe in Jesus Christ as do all Catholics ...but you condemn us to hell.

Why don't you keep it real...you want us to agree that you are a prophet called by God.
Confrint, you were not. You do not speak the truth and its proven over and over and over.
Lies = Satan.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I truly do not understand you. I went through all that for you. I wanted to answer what you asked. Yelling? I klnow I used headings in caps.Sometimes my caps stick. If I was angry with you I would have not gone through that trouble.I really did take the time for you and do not understand why you come back with attacks. I will know not to do that for you next time. thought you were sincere.Also I do not need to steal. I have written many academic papers when I have used the format for citing resource material. I did not know this site was so academic.Aslso I usually paraphrase and rewrite what I find. It seems to me you do not have a sincere heart. Thats ok. I have learned from my experience.
It is very clear what Christ said.He said it in His own words and I quoted Him. If you dismiss Peter, Paul, or anyone else as legitimate carriers of Christ's message then that is another issue altogether.You are hardly a student of Mosaic law or hristian theology.I thought that I gave you a very thorough exposition of both.I will not be mean spirited in return.I wil continue to study and learn.
Herme good friend

You are writing to TBS, and I totally understood what you had written to him. It was exhaustive. But consider it a good lesson for yourself, and I commend you in further study and learning....

And for not understanding TBS, the reason is simple. He has a very shakey faith based in no-god, or humanism. He merely presumes God does not exist, and refuses to examine evidence. Thus his no-god, or humanistic approach has always weaknessess, which he will not acknowledge(being in self-denial), nor discuss/debate. And his own purpose is to proclaim his own gospel.(religion is manmade of which Judeo-Christianty is a subset thereof.)

I think catophatic approach to God is great. I consider St. Gregory of Nyssa one of my patron saints. But in moving cataphatic approach into the human realm our weaknesses may be interpretted as being "negative"....
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
If you took the time to research and analyze his posts, you'll see there filled with deception.

He will state his personal opinions about the Catholic Church. Then, cite a series of Bible verses which he claims back up his version..When in fact, they do not.
This is manipulation of sacred scripture to validate his personal ideology. Its a sin. This is why him and his wife take a beating on here. They get caught daily being deceptive. We need to steer clear of this and pray for any victims they manage to coerce.

I challenged both of them to present evidence to save me from Catholicism. They can't.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

who="Clay"
Are you aware LTM, that the abuse scandal was horribly exaggerated by your side in an attempt to smear the Church and paint it as evil?
You got suckered into it cuz you're also a bigot and want to believe thing that discredit the Church.
Your own family has as many pedophiles as the Church. Whatever church you attend on Sundays, has as many - if not more.
This is why many on here call you (and others) liars. Because you ignore these basic statistics and pretend the child sexual abuse is a catholic thing.
It tells us you are not at all interested in truth.
That, and along with your constant anti catholic pamphlets you post, tells us you have another agenda and it does not have anything to do with Jesus Christ, because it involves deception.

She is not 'aware', because it simply is not true. The CC has taught all of you well with her narcissistic beliefs. Read any of their teachings about Martin Luther. I read just a few posts back that he wanted to do harm to the CC (he didn't...first thought he could show a 'revelation' to his superiors...for that they called him 'insane'). I've got...and I have read CATHOLIC books that call Protestants 'of the devil'.(So much for love!)

They teach you to hate...THEN they accuse the Protestants of hate. We only hope to bring truth.(Serious Christians will AT LEAST listen before making their decision. Not saying that Catholics are not SERIOUS about their faith...just that they blindly follow the blind.)

They call me a liar because that is the only way they can fight. What I have told you is the TRUTH.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
The Bible says..
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
No other requirements for salvation is needed...
after we receive Jesus Christ as out Lord and Savior...
we obey God's word
Which says..
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren,
by the mercies of God,
that ye present your bodies
a living sacrifice,
holy,
acceptable unto God,
which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And
be not conformed to this world:
but
be ye transformed
by the renewing of your mind,
that ye may prove what is that good,
and
acceptable,
and
perfect,
will of God.
Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as
NOTE
God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
SALVATION CANNOT BE EARNED BY WORKS...
There's no debate here....salvation cannot be earned by works. The Catholic Church has always said its a free gift from God.

Why must you continue to bear false witness?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>This is quite a intriguing way to make an argument.A teacher (Christ)teaches his immediate followers with the explicit purpose of carrying His teachings into the world.He commissions tham. At the time of His ascension no less. His disciples accept Paul. But the disciples and Paul say things which contradict ones argument. Therefore go to a last resort. Does the Bible say that Christ said it out of His own mouth?hich is really an argument that they wrote down in the Bible eveything that Christ ever said.
And an argument against what the Bible says whuich is that Christ commissioned them to carry what he taught into the world.Now we are far from logic and analytical thinking which is supposed to be the atheist's strength.
Herme good friend

lol...Yes. Logic and analytical thinking is an atheist's strength. And in general, I have learned it well in discussions with them. But TBS denies he is an atheist, agnostic, or theist....He denies evidence, and reason as well.

It has been hard for me to put a name for what he preaches, but I think it is a form of anarchism/nihilism, which has been sugar-coated....Its like a Christian trying to talk to Nietzsche.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

who="LTM"
KM you have nothing to prove to Preston or anyone else.
nor does your husband. Preston couldn't find fault so he dragged Regina into this hoping she could. I hope Regina is smart enough to realize that Preston is just trying to use her .

I know. Just wanted to point out how a lie was being 'made'.
Thank you for your kindness.

KayMarie
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

who="Anthony MN"
NOT FALSE, Anthony. THEY CANNOT CHOOSE THE PRIESTHOOD WITHOUT A VOW OF CELIBACY. You know better.
KayMarie
There are many ways to serve the Church. That's what he was saying. Deacons can be married. Eucharist ministers, alter servers etc.
Priest know about the celibacy rule before taking the vows.
Curious why you even care?
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

who="Anthony MN"
I think you've really hit the nail on the head with the issue of honesty from confrinting and kay Preston. There's something fundamentally wrong with a person's faith when the only way they can defend themselves is to bear false witness.
Definitely shows the condition of YOUR faith. You continually accuse me...even when you have not a shred of evidence...only your imagination.
What I have written is TRUE. So where does that leave your faith?
Mine is in GOD.
KayMarie
You are a trouble maker. You made snide remarks about the pope, strictly for the purpose of provoking anger from the Catholics here and when you were proven wrong about your assertion you fought back like a cornered animal. There is a phoniness about you, a nice smile, but a knife in your hand.

You know it. I know it. God knows it.
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

who="Anthony MN"
KayMarie
There are numerous ministries one can choose. Being a deacon is one. A priest is ordained a deacon before he takes his vows. He spends 8 years discerning celibacy among, other things.

I'm curious as to why you're beating this dead horse . Are you envious of the tremendous sacrifice Catholic men and women make who choose this calling?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

who="Clay"
Are you aware LTM, that the abuse scandal was horribly exaggerated by your side in an attempt to smear the Church and paint it as evil?
You got suckered into it cuz you're also a bigot and want to believe thing that discredit the Church.
Your own family has as many pedophiles as the Church. Whatever church you attend on Sundays, has as many - if not more.
This is why many on here call you (and others) liars. Because you ignore these basic statistics and pretend the child sexual abuse is a catholic thing.
It tells us you are not at all interested in truth.
That, and along with your constant anti catholic pamphlets you post, tells us you have another agenda and it does not have anything to do with Jesus Christ, because it involves deception.
She is not 'aware', because it simply is not true. The CC has taught all of you well with her narcissistic beliefs. Read any of their teachings about Martin Luther. I read just a few posts back that he wanted to do harm to the CC (he didn't...first thought he could show a 'revelation' to his superiors...for that they called him 'insane'). I've got...and I have read CATHOLIC books that call Protestants 'of the devil'.(So much for love!)
They teach you to hate...THEN they accuse the Protestants of hate. We only hope to bring truth.(Serious Christians will AT LEAST listen before making their decision. Not saying that Catholics are not SERIOUS about their faith...just that they blindly follow the blind.)
They call me a liar because that is the only way they can fight. What I have told you is the TRUTH.
KayMarie
I read your rant just now. At the end you said "they call me a liar because that is the only way they can fight. What I have told you is the TRUTH"

No Kay, they call you a liar because that's exactly what you lust did!

You and your husband bring 'baring false witness' to a new level.
Every time I check into one of your allegations, they prove to be false. It NEVER fails!

I'll prove it...I'll make a deal..accuse Catholics of believing something right now. I will waste my time reading it and prove you wrong.
Then, tomorrow or the next. You and your husband will be right back at it- as if you never heard the truth.
Go.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 393,141 - 393,160 of511,502
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••