Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658358 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#408376 Dec 10, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know that the vast majority of people of faith were indoctrinated from childhood. Taught only one belief, taught that you are right and everyone is wrong. Taught that you are going to become just like mom and dad like it or not! Every belief system does this.
Religious belief then becomes more about FAMILY-HAND-ME-DOWN culture and tradition, than the actual belief itself. You become what your parents want you to become.........JUST LIKE THEM!
But just in recent times, more people when becoming adults are dropping their "MAKE MOM AND DAD HAPPY" belief and finding whats important to them, using their own free will for the first time.
I very much agree! Indoctrination is the most difficult chain to break!

The ones who were not indoctrinated as children, are often recovering addicts.

I believe that education and the free flow of ideas is more the reason for people breaking the chain. I rarely read the bible when I was young and attended church most Sundays. Why should I? The preachers and teachers told me what verses to read and memorize. I didn't need to read more than that!

One day, I didn't listen to the preacher. I didn't close my bible and listen to him. He wanted me to stop at the end of Exodus 20 and I kept on going! Exodus 21 is where I found out the god was cool with killing slaves! WTF!?!? That did not jive with my history lessons at school!

So I read more! I didn't know that Lot impregnated his two daughters!! Holy Crap! And he was the one god saved! At a young age, I knew that sleeping with family members was wrong!

I decided that I would ask some questions and everyone blamed the daughters!! WTF!?!? If the bible god saved a incestuous pedophile and said that it was alright to murder a slave; what the hell kind of god was I believing in!

Many christians refuse to hear about these things, but thanks to the internet, they are going to.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408377 Dec 10, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>they try to be vey good at deception but for some reason, it rears up and bites them where they sit.
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Clay, I hope you don't mind that I cut away all of the incindiary, snide remarks and meaningless chatter. As you can see, It didn't leave much.
But, it is interesting that you claim that the RCC "DID add books to the bible".
What does the scripture say about adding or taking away from the word of God?
his last sentance shows how ignorant and deceitful that he is.
that pertains to the Book of Revelation ONLY.
so that statement by him is a lie, plain and simple.
Only a person who is truely ignorant of God's word would not understand that the teaching is that it is wrong to add to or take away from any of God's word. So once again in an attempt to attack someone you reveal your ignorance.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#408378 Dec 10, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael
You are funny...
Of course the U.S. was never a Christian theocracy....We all know that....
Catholicism is not worried....We all know that....
As the U.S. becomes more secularized, it will reaps it rewards....We all know that....
When enemies of the U.S. attack there will be no moral fibre left to resist(its on the wane already), and it will be enslaved. Thats secularism for you....
Don't be worried....We all know that....
You are funny.
LOL! You're an idiot. I have no god telling me to murder people. Only you moral types do.

Do you honor the sabbath as god told you? NO?!? Oh, yeah, jesus said that you didn't have to follow the rules. You are moral because you believe! LOL!

As I said yesterday, If you believe, you can commit any act you like; you just have to believe and ask god for forgiveness and you are golden! That's not stupid, at all! LOL!
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408379 Dec 10, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>they try to be vey good at deception but for some reason, it rears up and bites them where they sit.
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Clay, I hope you don't mind that I cut away all of the incindiary, snide remarks and meaningless chatter. As you can see, It didn't leave much.
But, it is interesting that you claim that the RCC "DID add books to the bible".
What does the scripture say about adding or taking away from the word of God?
his last sentance shows how ignorant and deceitful that he is.
that pertains to the Book of Revelation ONLY.
so that statement by him is a lie, plain and simple.
Since this precept is taught also in the Old Testament and since you are being decietful, we can rightly conclude that it is YOU who is the LIAR.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#408380 Dec 10, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
You I'm not offended by confrinting. There is nothing truthful about you. I know you to be a fraudulent blowhard with zero knowledge of the teachings of the Catholic Church, and who has from the beginning of your time here been unwilling and incapable of making any effort to examine the Catholic faith.
Your wife on the other hand, I started out enjoying her posts,(always referring to her as nice lady) being hopeful that her kind manners would rub off on you a bit and you might show some Christ-like attributes in conversing with Catholics. Ufortunately, I think, it was either a charade or you've brow beaten her into submission and all she can do now is slander and put forth innuendo.
I lost my mother when she was 58 from cancer. She was a saint, gentle, understanding and always willing to listen to the other side of the argument before taking a position. I had hoped that we could see some of the same from her.
I will continue to pray for you and her and I will continue to shine the light of truth on her when she assumes your demeanor.

Anthony, I'm sorry for the loss of your mother. My father was about two years older than her when he died suddenly.

Please understand that "I" am somebody's mother, too (nine of them), and my children would be SHOCKED at the treatment that I receive here (I don't show them this site.)

My biggest concern for Catholics, is that their hope seems to be totally in a human institution, and seem even to be willing to give their lives for it. Their dogma is so instilled in their minds that they are willing to accuse others of lying without a shred of evidence.

If you were to tell me that one of the ministers in our fellowship had done something wrong, I would not call you a liar. Men fail; but if you told me that my international headquarters was covering that man's wrong doing, I would feel obligated to see whether that was true...and, if so, I would have to demand some accounting.

They tell me that there are a lot of innocent people in prison. To hear them tell it, none of them have done any wrong. I personally met a couple of ministers who were guilty...but declared that they were not.
Both of them were homosexuals. They were very persuasive but eventually we discovered the truth.

When Catholics, with one voice, declare me to be a liar, when I have told ONLY WHAT I HAVE SEEN AND HEARD...and when those same people defend the CC DESPITE NEWSPAPER HEADLINES that tell a different story...I am at a loss for words.

I don't doubt the sincerity of many Catholics...though I am very perturbed at some of their speech and actions. I wish the conversation was lifting up the beauty and the wonder of God/Jesus at least as much as the CC is lifted up.

Your choice is your own. By the way, didn't you call this 'nice lady' Sapphira...or was that some other guy???:):)

To the pursuit of TRUTH...

KayMarie
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408381 Dec 10, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Private interpretation was never taught. Sola scripture was never taught.
If you follow Christ, how come you're not interested in following what He actually taught?
Why then are those in the scripture commended for searching the scriptures to 'verify the truth' of that being taught? Weighing it against the teaching of an apostle. You are obviously mistaken.

#408382 Dec 10, 2012
who="Hermeneutics Smutics" Thanks for the wonderful message. A agree with what you posted.At many points during my recent "medical adventure" the right person, the right thing happened just in time to save me. I know that it was my Saviour and my Friend. Again I am undeserving, but still He is always there . Awesome Love.

Wonderful. He is our Savior and our Friend. So happy that you were aware of His comfort. He promised never to forsake us.

On the hottest day of 2010, I was at the door of a medical building (I had an appointment there), but I could not go another step. Suddenly a guy ran out the door, and seeing me, he asked what I was there for. He saw my scars from a 2001 surgery, and said, "Don't move. Wait right there." He went back in the building, and returned shortly with a wheel chair, oxygen, and two nurses. He took me to the hospital ER, and didn't leave me until I was registered. I found out later that he was a doctor (no white coat :).

KayMarie

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#408383 Dec 10, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, how am I being closed minded? What evidence has been given?
TBS

"close-mind·ed (klsmndd, klz-) or closed-mind·ed (klzd-)
adj.
Intolerant of the beliefs and opinions of others; stubbornly unreceptive to new ideas."

You don't accept that Christians can have beliefs or have opinions...You are intolerant.

Your evidence is in every post you make....Need I repeat them to you?
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408384 Dec 10, 2012
preston wrote:
May God find him a nice quite out of the way place in a hot
community. where the sun never shines.

These are Preston's own words in which he asked that God would send Billy Grahm to hell. He even pointed out that I was smarter than another poster for recognizing that fact. BUT now Satan's pawn is trying to deny that that is what he said. He is trying to decieve. He is being a LIAR, while calling everyone else liars.
If I were to say to someone, "may God grant you a good day," it is evident that I have just requested that God do that for you. If PRESTON says. "may God find him a nice quiet place in a HOT community where the SUN NEVER SHINES." it is obvious that he is asking God to send Billy Grahm to hell. Yep this preacher impersonator attempts to JUDGE Billy Grahm and ask God to damn him.
Any one with half a brain would know that BILLY Grahm would never stoop as low as this. God bless Billy Grahm for all the good he has done in Jesus name. God forgive Preston.
Michael

Canada

#408385 Dec 10, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You I'm not offended by confrinting. There is nothing truthful about you. I know you to be a fraudulent blowhard with zero knowledge of the teachings of the Catholic Church, and who has from the beginning of your time here been unwilling and incapable of making any effort to examine the Catholic faith.
Your wife on the other hand, I started out enjoying her posts,(always referring to her as nice lady) being hopeful that her kind manners would rub off on you a bit and you might show some Christ-like attributes in conversing with Catholics. Ufortunately, I think, it was either a charade or you've brow beaten her into submission and all she can do now is slander and put forth innuendo.
I lost my mother when she was 58 from cancer. She was a saint, gentle, understanding and always willing to listen to the other side of the argument before taking a position. I had hoped that we could see some of the same from her.
I will continue to pray for you and her and I will continue to shine the light of truth on her when she assumes your demeanor.
..Anthony says......

..."You I'm not offended by confrinting. There is nothing truthful about you. I know you to be a fraudulent blowhard".

In todays world Anthony, you will NEVER garner support from EDUCATED people, for making comments like that.

I sit on the sidelines and watch the mud slung back and forth, and somehow you believe God is smiling down upon you, giving you the thumbs up for belittleing another member of his creation.

Where is the love at this christmas season? I'm Not seeing it!

UNBELIEVABLE!

Michael

Canada

#408386 Dec 10, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
TBS
adj.
Intolerant of the beliefs and opinions of others; stubbornly unreceptive to new ideas."
You don't accept that Christians can have beliefs or have opinions...You are intolerant.
Everyone has an opinion, and no ones opinion trumps anyone elses.

There will never be intolerance of religious beliefs as long as one says "MY GOD IS BETTER THAN YOUR GOD" or "GOD LOVES ME MORE THAN HE LOVES YOU BECAUSE I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE NOT" or "IN ORDER FOR ANYONE TO BE SAVE YOU MUST BELIEVE IN MY JESUS"

Organized religion one day will be our downfall, and that day is coming sooner than later.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408387 Dec 10, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Receive, yes. What is it to "receive" this gift? That is the question.
Perhaps the quesstion should be 'what is this gift'. The gift is JESUS.'And as many as recieved HIM, to them He gave the power to become Sons' of God.'

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#408388 Dec 10, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
TBS
adj.
One, I haven't tried to suppress your opinions or your beliefs. Yes, you must show me where I have tried to do so. A wee bit paranoid, are ya?

What new evidence was giving that I was stubbornly unreceptive to? What new evidence do you have?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#408389 Dec 10, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You're an idiot. I have no god telling me to murder people. Only you moral types do.
Do you honor the sabbath as god told you? NO?!? Oh, yeah, jesus said that you didn't have to follow the rules. You are moral because you believe! LOL!
As I said yesterday, If you believe, you can commit any act you like; you just have to believe and ask god for forgiveness and you are golden! That's not stupid, at all! LOL!
TBS

Yes....Moral people have sense of justice, and can act upon it. And
you an immoral, or amoral person has no sense of justice. That is why you would not defend a defenseless person, even your own children.

Germany would have taken over here in WWII by now, so you would not exist, if it had not been for moral people. It is thanks to moral people the West was spared....
We tried in the East, but it has been a tough fight.

You can welcome China here, and your sons and daughters can go directly to the "work" camps and die, there is no compromise....

#408390 Dec 10, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

..I am only here to confront You Roman Catholics with the truth from the word of God....

Over the years.... that I have been on this forum...

none with the exception of Herme ...

who is (Orthodox) Catholic. and Father Rob who has been kind. THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES

that has made an effort to converse with me.

The rest of you have spent your time calling me names....

Evidently you don't know what you believe, or why you believe it.

You certainly cannot give any scriptural validation/evidence for

what you claim to be true..

None of you have made any effort to do so.

Evidently just taking someone else's word for it satisfies you...and

searching out examining it, comparing to the Bible for truth is

considered taboo..

You just can't question what you are told...

But be assured...if they are IN ERROR...you will be in Hell together..

WHAT IF YOU.TRUST.. BELIEVE WHAT THEY HAVE SAID... YOU FIND THEY ARE WRONG ---AND YOU ARE ARE DEAD...WHAT THEN?
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408391 Dec 10, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see him whining at all. I see him calling out people who are being dishonest. Who do you have a problem with that?
Your bias is overshadowing your discernment. If you cannot or will not see that he is perhaps the most hateful and judgemental person on this thread then I am disapppointed in you. NO one attacks and accuses and slanders in such a manner. The man has attacked some of the greatest ministers of God in this generation. Such men as Adrian Rodgers, Charles Stanley and Billy Grahm to name a few. He has asked God to send Billy Grahm to hell. He is an anti-christ, and your unholy allience is sad to witness.
preston

Athens, OH

#408392 Dec 10, 2012
4GVN wrote:
preston wrote:
May God find him a nice quite out of the way place in a hot
community. where the sun never shines.
These are Preston's own words in which he asked that God would send Billy Grahm to hell. He even pointed out that I was smarter than another poster for recognizing that fact. BUT now Satan's pawn is trying to deny that that is what he said. He is trying to decieve. He is being a LIAR, while calling everyone else liars.
If I were to say to someone, "may God grant you a good day," it is evident that I have just requested that God do that for you. If PRESTON says. "may God find him a nice quiet place in a HOT community where the SUN NEVER SHINES." it is obvious that he is asking God to send Billy Grahm to hell. Yep this preacher impersonator attempts to JUDGE Billy Grahm and ask God to damn him.
Any one with half a brain would know that BILLY Grahm would never stoop as low as this. God bless Billy Grahm for all the good he has done in Jesus name. God forgive Preston.
I most certainly did not "ask" God to send graham to hell, I am not like Orville. nor am I praying for graham to be sent to hell,

however that is the place that God has reserved for the devil and those who follow him, people like you for instance.

God has dictated that people like graham who speaks harshly against Israel will be sent to hell. you cant change that and I support God 100%.

even now, today,we see that the Nations are coming against Israel as the Bible foretold.and those nations will be punished when all is said and done.

but the Word that was spoken by God also implicates individuals too, and that includes false teachers also.

you and the sda cultist can make me out to be as evil as you wish, I dont care.

I knew a long time ago, that to support the Word of God would not make me popular with the devil and his friends.

so I will not lose any sleep over what a pervert like you thinks.

let God be true and graham reap what he has sowed.
Michael

Canada

#408393 Dec 10, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I very much agree! Indoctrination is the most difficult chain to break!
The ones who were not indoctrinated as children, are often recovering addicts.
I believe that education and the free flow of ideas is more the reason for people breaking the chain. I rarely read the bible when I was young and attended church most Sundays. Why should I? The preachers and teachers told me what verses to read and memorize. I didn't need to read more than that!
One day, I didn't listen to the preacher. I didn't close my bible and listen to him. He wanted me to stop at the end of Exodus 20 and I kept on going! Exodus 21 is where I found out the god was cool with killing slaves! WTF!?!? That did not jive with my history lessons at school!
So I read more! I didn't know that Lot impregnated his two daughters!! Holy Crap! And he was the one god saved! At a young age, I knew that sleeping with family members was wrong!
I decided that I would ask some questions and everyone blamed the daughters!! WTF!?!? If the bible god saved a incestuous pedophile and said that it was alright to murder a slave; what the hell kind of god was I believing in!
Many christians refuse to hear about these things, but thanks to the internet, they are going to.
I lost it at the Adam and Eve story.

EVERYONE in our world is penalized because two imperfect beings "WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE" made a mistake as the story goes, and were not given a chance for redemption.

Its all about Control by instilling FEAR, and power and money, and all religions have or do that.

I was raised a catholic and left about 14 years ago, like so many other ex-catholics on this forum. Its loaded!

Why would any God worth his salt, create a world of people over tens of thousands of years, with different beliefs, fighting each other all claimng righteousness.

If there is a God and this is an experiment. FAILURE!

makes no common sense..........

Michael

Canada

#408394 Dec 10, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
TBS
Yes....Moral people have sense of justice, and can act upon it. And
you an immoral, or amoral person has no sense of justice. That is why you would not defend a defenseless person, even your own children.
Germany would have taken over here in WWII by now, so you would not exist, if it had not been for moral people. It is thanks to moral people the West was spared....
We tried in the East, but it has been a tough fight.
You can welcome China here, and your sons and daughters can go directly to the "work" camps and die, there is no compromise....
Robert says......

...Yes....Moral people have sense of justice, and can act upon it. And

Michael says......A load of crap!

Maybe you should start with! notifying all the catholic bishops around the world how angry you are at them, who LIED, DECEIVED, and COVERED up the worst sins of all, protecting other clergy who taught you Robert to never commit such sins as they did.

..Where was their sense of justice and morality? Protecting the sanctity of the church and not OUR CHILDREN. Very sad!

UNBELIEVABLE!

Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#408395 Dec 10, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
..I am only here to confront You Roman Catholics with the truth from the word of God....
Over the years.... that I have been on this forum...
none with the exception of Herme ...
who is (Orthodox) Catholic. and Father Rob who has been kind. THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES
that has made an effort to converse with me.
The rest of you have spent your time calling me names....
Evidently you don't know what you believe, or why you believe it.
You certainly cannot give any scriptural validation/evidence for
what you claim to be true..
None of you have made any effort to do so.
Evidently just taking someone else's word for it satisfies you...and
searching out examining it, comparing to the Bible for truth is
considered taboo..
You just can't question what you are told...
But be assured...if they are IN ERROR...you will be in Hell together..
WHAT IF YOU.TRUST.. BELIEVE WHAT THEY HAVE SAID... YOU FIND THEY ARE WRONG ---AND YOU ARE ARE DEAD...WHAT THEN?
Kudos to Father Rob and Herm. I for one, treated you with the utmost respect the first 10 times you falsely accused me of worshipping statues. The next 70 times I haven't treated you with very much respect I'll admit. I'll try to do better though.

But how many times have you declared me going to Hell??
Your above post,(about the Catholic Church and us Catholics) "But be assured... If they are if error...you will be in Hell together"

Gee thanks Confrint.

I can plead to God, that I read from scripture that Jesus was starting a Church that He would protect til the end of the world. I found the Church that can be traced to that time, so my hands are washed.

But what if you're in error?

Surely a man who's logged as many bible study hrs as you, can show me where Christ instructed His Apostles to form a Bible- to let the folks translate and figure out His ministry.
Where is sola Scripture instructed.

Remember, "all scripture is useful" and the Catholic Church couldn't agree more...but its not the only thing, so don't put words into Pauls mouth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam 3 hr Old Pom 7
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 20 hr Married in 10,237
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
News 'Unlikely that Pope Francis will go to Pristina' Sep 8 CCCC 1
More from around the web