Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
393,101 - 393,120 of 533,732 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Cancers are very autonomous Jethro. They like to play "Hide N Seek". As I am experiencing. But I know it will rear it's ugly head again soon.
God does want you Jethro. He is always present. If you have not already, ask God into your heart/life through Messiah-Jesus.
20Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Holy-Spirit saith unto the churches.( people).
REV 3:20
Whatever we have spoken in darkness will be revealed for all to hear and know (Lk. 12:2,3)- our words will as it were be cited back to us before others in that day. We will be judged by our words.

The Lord says this in the context of warning us not to have the leaven of hypocrisy in the matter of our words-

there’s no point in saying one thing to one person and something different to someone else, because our words will be gone through at the judgment and will be open for everyone to hear.

We should live, He implies, as if we are now before the judgment; speaking things we wouldn’t be ashamed for anyone to hear. Note in passing how he says that hypocrisy in our words is like leaven, that corrupts and spreads within an individual and a community. Once somebody starts being hypocritical with their words, someone else does. And we’ve all seen plenty of this, in office departments, classrooms, men working together, women running childcare groups together, in families…and even in ecclesias. Someone has to break the cycle of saying one thing to one, and something different to someone else.

find it if you wish, but it certainly condemms you in that link.
Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

CONTINUED:

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.
He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.
He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.
He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the Legislative powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.
He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.

He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.

He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.
He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:

For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:
For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:
For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:
For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences
For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies:
For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:
For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.
He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.
He has plundered our seas, ravaged our Coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.
He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.
He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.

How many of the charges above are being commited right now? 75%!!!!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Nietzsche ended up talking to his horse. So much for that. I can see you are a kindred spirit.Feels good to have a compadre. Thanks
:)
Loren Eberly

Waynesville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Union Traditions:

USA Labor Law, The Constitution, and demands of Natural Law: what Mother Nature, God, or Whatever Power decreed to be the reality of the real world, democracy, capitalism, the US Constitution, and free, fair, and affordable commerce and common sense demands.

Government enforce Union Traditions demanding every Stockholder, corporation, farmer, business, outsourcer sweatshop, and nonprofit, tax-exempt, organization and Church; markets the cost in the wholesale and retail price of his or her product and service; of every worker, consumer, and taxpayer's wages (union contract), healthcare, pension, investment and independent business profit.

This enables every worker, consumer, and taxpayer to pay healthcare insurance premium or pay healthcare provider. Pay ALL taxes and pay for every product and service they use for life. With money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.

And enables every parent to educate, love, nurse, nurture, discipline, protect, and provide; for every child (job) they conceive. And fund schools, infrastructure, local and national security, government services, and etc.; with money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.
Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever we have spoken in darkness will be revealed for all to hear and know (Lk. 12:2,3)- our words will as it were be cited back to us before others in that day. We will be judged by our words.
The Lord says this in the context of warning us not to have the leaven of hypocrisy in the matter of our words-
there’s no point in saying one thing to one person and something different to someone else, because our words will be gone through at the judgment and will be open for everyone to hear.
We should live, He implies, as if we are now before the judgment; speaking things we wouldn’t be ashamed for anyone to hear. Note in passing how he says that hypocrisy in our words is like leaven, that corrupts and spreads within an individual and a community. Once somebody starts being hypocritical with their words, someone else does. And we’ve all seen plenty of this, in office departments, classrooms, men working together, women running childcare groups together, in families…and even in ecclesias. Someone has to break the cycle of saying one thing to one, and something different to someone else.

Take your meds.
truth

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

You seek answer as God words.
''its written''
Yes long time ago.
corrupt
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

My school is been small but very nice school.
Name which my school have is name of great poet.
He wrote many poems.

One day Representative of his place as Government influence with great privilege asked him.
''O Tin what you doing there''
He liked let down him as crazy and lazy person without any job.
He keep one stick in hand and picking dry lives under old nuts tree.

''I picking my Government''..he think as rubbish
collector, how many person is involved lead his people as well small poor province which never have progress as well entire people in exile as real Exodus.

Man with great influence smile..he not think properly that time but he return another day..as well asked ..please tell me ones more what you say..

He realize that He speak in parable as poem.
To wrote poem as book is also work.
He describe as characteristic about all of them.
As exodus of his people he usually say
as you say today ''see you later''..
He say;''vidimo se medu zvijezdama=as star''!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>I truly do not understand you. I went through all that for you. I wanted to answer what you asked. Yelling? I klnow I used headings in caps.Sometimes my caps stick. If I was angry with you I would have not gone through that trouble.I really did take the time for you and do not understand why you come back with attacks. I will know not to do that for you next time. thought you were sincere.Also I do not need to steal. I have written many academic papers when I have used the format for citing resource material. I did not know this site was so academic.Aslso I usually paraphrase and rewrite what I find. It seems to me you do not have a sincere heart. Thats ok. I have learned from my experience.
It is very clear what Christ said.He said it in His own words and I quoted Him. If you dismiss Peter, Paul, or anyone else as legitimate carriers of Christ's message then that is another issue altogether.You are hardly a student of Mosaic law or hristian theology.I thought that I gave you a very thorough exposition of both.I will not be mean spirited in return.I wil continue to study and learn.
You must have read someone else's post. I did not attack you.

You claim that I don't have a sincere heart; why, because I did not buy into what you were selling?

I don't think that you understand what I am saying.

How many times has your all knowing god changed the rules to get into heaven? Why would an all knowing god have to change his rules?

Why would god appear to such a small group of people and give them laws that he knows they cannot abide by?

In Matthew 5, jesus clearly states that god's laws are not to be changed or ignored. You are still required to follow them. Why would god wait 30+ years after jesus' death to have paul change his laws the both he and jesus said that you had to follow?

None of it makes sense.
Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever we have spoken in darkness will be revealed for all to hear and know (Lk. 12:2,3)- our words will as it were be cited back to us before others in that day. We will be judged by our words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

<quoted text>This is quite a intriguing way to make an argument.A teacher (Christ)teaches his immediate followers with the explicit purpose of carrying His teachings into the world.He commissions tham. At the time of His ascension no less. His disciples accept Paul. But the disciples and Paul say things which contradict ones argument. Therefore go to a last resort. Does the Bible say that Christ said it out of His own mouth?hich is really an argument that they wrote down in the Bible eveything that Christ ever said.
And an argument against what the Bible says whuich is that Christ commissioned them to carry what he taught into the world.Now we are far from logic and analytical thinking which is supposed to be the atheist's strength.
Sorry, none of this made sense to me. jesus said that you were not to change god's laws and that he did not come to destroy the laws. paul comes in and destroys the laws! And you believe paul.
Orville

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:

Holy Spirit through Preston to Preston.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Most families cover up abuse. Its something that is hush hush and not talked about. Its been that way forever.
Again, don't accuse me of trying to dodge responsibility and blame. Im just pointing out the hypocrisy of the bigots.
They sensationalize this topic for personal gain. Then when we Catholics show them independent statistics showing this evil is actually LESS in our Church than any other institution, they accuse us of deflecting responsibility. THIS after we already stated to hang the guilty and imprison the ones who helped cover it up. Amazing but expected when considering who we're dealing with....Ignorant Bigots.
When we are talking about the catholic church and you throw out accusations about our families, you are dodging responsibility.

How many priests have been caught? How many of them has the church moved from one parish to another after the family complained. How many of those priests were caught again? And how many of them were once again, shielded from the law, and moved to yet another parish?

How far up did the cover up go? For how many years?

Once you deal with that, then we can talk about my family.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your meds.
lol,I can take a percoset and cabapentin for the shingels and the nerve pain,

you however can not take any medicine for your black heart.

but thanks be unto God, there is a remedy for you.

For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls:

for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, none of this made sense to me. jesus said that you were not to change god's laws and that he did not come to destroy the laws. paul comes in and destroys the laws! And you believe paul.
couldyou tell us where Paul changed any Law?

I havent ever read that, so maybe you can enlighten not only me but every one else.

the law is holy, and the commandment is holy and just and good" (Romans 7:12).

doesnt sound like Paul is destoying the law in that verse. may be you just dont have that understanding that paul has?

so how about what he wrote to Timothy?

All scripture" (which certainly includes the Torah, or section known as "the Law") is "profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16).
truth

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

You forget..
God law wrote in heart.
Place where are been born..law is not been for us..
law where i come ..is not been for us..as you can see must be something reserve for us..
''you neglected your God''..
yes they offering today everything to become as wrath as they want..for people old person or kids not deference..its offer of corupt world.
Where they follow satan ''choose''is word of satanic followers..
''its written'' long time ago
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
. 9Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.
15And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 16Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
Imagine Preston, you will have Heaven all to yourself. because all the other "sinner's were rejected.
NOW LOOK VERY CLOSE AT THIS POST LTM, ORVILLES FIRST POST IS ONE ATTACKING ME.

HE DOESNT SHOW WHO THIS POST WAS FROM OR WHAT IT CURTAILS,

ALL IT IS ,IS A BLATENT ATTACK ON ME AND WITH YOUR POOR EYESIGHT, YOU CANT see IT.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
You write,"There is no evidence of a god, so why would I believe in one? You, as in all belivers, try convince the world that there is at least one. I use the bible to prove that man created the religion."
Answer: Because you deny the evidence, you deny God.
What evidence? That you feel god, therefore he must be real? The bible? A book with too many contradictions, false information, and evil laws to list?
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>Belief in one God, is against the way human beings rule on this earth. Human rule is religion. Belief in One God, is Truth.
Of course it is! Billions of others and myself are just in denial. Where's the proof?
Robert F wrote:
So in part you are correct, the Bible proves man created religion, and the laws that arise out of them....
You write, "My role here is to show the world these flaws."
Answer: Sounds like a Napoleonic Complex....
WTF? And every believer of every religion believes that their role is to bring people to their god(s) or kill them. What's your point? Is it it only a Napoleonic Complex when it conflicts with your beliefs?
Robert F wrote:
Your "logic" and reasoning skills are very simple( Originally, I tried to use logic, then philosophy with you, and you could only accuse me of redirecting issues, and IMHO you will do in the future with anyone. This proved to me the futility of writing on an educated level with you.), lack of knowledge of the Bible is shallow
Thank you! My logic and reasoning is quite simple. I know that you meant to insult me, but you failed. Simple logic states that, if there is no proof, there is no reason to believe. If there are flaws in the bible, then the bible is not to be trusted. There are many flaws in the bible. christians just try to rationalize them.

As far as biblical knowledge, didn't you claim that moses gave the laws to the people? In my shallow bit of biblical knowledge, I knew that you were in error or lying. god gave the laws to moses to give to the people and jesus said that those laws are not to be changed and not followed.
Robert F wrote:
(You take out scriptures and use them as you see fit. Everyone sees it. But the argument goes away when you quote the Bible in the first place, as an Authority greater than your own..), and your understanding limited(Here I tried to communicate with you concerning faith.
Faith is believing without and even against evidence. I have no need for faith.

As for my biblical quotes; take any one of them and make them sound good. Take the killing of the slave, after the slave suffers for a day or two. Make that sound as if a good person would believe that is a good and just law.
Robert F wrote:
But your denial to enter in a discussion, merely displays the shakiness of your faith in a no-god system,
Nice try. I do not have faith that there is no god. I have no proof that there is a god. A genius such as yourself should be able to understand the difference.
Robert F wrote:
view of the Universe, or whatever you believe....) In other words, "Stop trying to be like God, and tell people how to think. You obviously don't have the skills. And you are not Moses....
I am telling people to think, not how to. If you don't like that, maybe you should move on to a private discussion group where you can keep non-believers out.
Robert F wrote:
Finally I would commend you for having us self-examine our beliefs, it lends to our better understanding. You might try a bit of it on yourself....
I have and continue to do so, daily. I have read the bible. I have done a lot of research and I have found that the bible is a man made book, created to control others. If you, or anyone else, has enough evidence to convince me that I am wrong, I would be glad to hear it. After all, if there is a heaven and a hell, I would rather not be tortured for eternity just for not believing in the right god.
truth

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

you serve your organization..not people..
people simply left alone..

your l;aw belong to your organization which try lead astray people toward wrath..where others prepeare on long run many dangerous things..your words is choose..who say that..we know about wide way where tv media as well others political organization prepare what they want..not what people want..
All your organization set up ''wrath'' as they want..not what people want.

corupt
''its written''
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
long time ago
deference is that you don't liked what i say..but does meter..''its written'' seen before long time ago.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="TheBlackSheep"
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Apples and oranges. Jesus didn't say that no one would BREAK one of the commandments. He said that NOT ONE 'dot or comma' of the commandments would FAIL.
People fail; God's Word DOES NOT FAIL.
KayMarie
This is as plain as I can make it. If you don't understand it, get some help.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
[who="TheBlackSheep"
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
jesus said that he is fulfilling the prophecies, not the law. How do one fulfill the law? If fact, he is saying that he did not come to destroy,{do away with} the law.
LOVE is the fulfilling of the law. The first commandments speak of loving God. The rest speak of loving mankind. Jesus fulfilled the law. EVERY WHERE HE WENT, HE WAS DOING GOOD.
KayMarie
Again, it is plainly written. One might fulfill prophecy but one cannot fulfill a law. They can either obey it or break it.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Herme good friend
lol...Yes. Logic and analytical thinking is an atheist's strength. And in general, I have learned it well in discussions with them. But TBS denies he is an atheist, agnostic, or theist....He denies evidence, and reason as well.
It has been hard for me to put a name for what he preaches, but I think it is a form of anarchism/nihilism, which has been sugar-coated....Its like a Christian trying to talk to Nietzsche.
You are a real thikie, aren't you?

I am an Atheist. There is no evidence of a god.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Vatican releases schedule for Pope's trip to Al... 6 hr Barbarian 5
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Scales Off 8,199
If Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin dona t like th... (Nov '13) 17 hr Finish this sentence 894
Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) Thu fener 20
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 36
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... Wed psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Tue ELIAS IBARRA 60
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••