Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670661 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Andrews Farm, Australia

#408227 Dec 9, 2012
Read bible find meaning of wide biggest way.

Read of small but correct way zillion/zillion.

judge me
spit over me
nothing change

Jesus Christ listening and say;''turn over your face, other side''.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408228 Dec 9, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lets look at who is on YOUR SIDE.
you; afilthy mouth pervert.
sda, a follower of the false prophetess and satan
LTM; proven to be a liar superb
mr/s gif; they cant tell the truth for lying
marge, just her name says all that is needed to say.
Orville, a false prophet who prays for god to kill people.
Oddjg, another filthy mouth, maybe in your category except he doesnt seem to be a pervert.
Oxbow, hasnt been on here for awhile, and we thank the Lord for that.
so far, all you have on your side is a gaggle, now if you could fly, we could call you a skein.
GET THEE BEHIND ME, SATAN.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#408229 Dec 9, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="TheBlackSheep" I have read the bible. I have done a lot of research and I have found that the bible is a man made book, created to control others. If you, or anyone else, has enough evidence to convince me that I am wrong, I would be glad to hear it. After all, if there is a heaven and a hell, I would rather not be tortured for eternity just for not believing in the right god.
I trust that you are sincere in your request.
Your research is without value. There are multitudes out there who love to spout THEIR version of a god...or NO god. Many of them are very intellectual...college professors, and such. But if you read carefully, you will see that each one is very 'proud' of 'their' knowledge. Usually, a few days/years down the road, each of them is proven wrong.
It is like the snake oil salesman of years ago, or the food 'scientists' of today. Every few years one of them comes up with a 'miracle' food that will make you live forever...OR one that is sure to kill you. Give it a few years, and the new 'studies' will come out 'proving' the earlier 'studies' to be wrong.
In the 1960's the 'studies' proved that bread was killing heart patients. If you had a heart attack and went to the hospital, they would not give you bread. They didn't read the Good Book, because it says, that, "bread STRENGTHENS the heart." (Just eat a couple of slices...not the whole loaf".) We ate with a school teacher friend who piled his plate high with mashed potatoes, but bragged that he ate no bread!
It has been the same way with eggs, fats (some are better than others), and other items. In each case TIME and experience have wiped out the 'wisdom of the world'.
Meanwhile, the Bible has plodded right along...read Psalm 119 instead of that gruesome slavery stuff you've been into. Those passages that seem questionable either have translation problems...or your life experiences have not helped you to understand.
In America we once had slavery...but over the years, we learned better, and even began making special arrangements to show special kindness to those people. We even proudly elected a black president. But something happened...many black youth are trying to punish white people today for something that happened to their ancestors 150 years ago. Did YOU ever own a slave? Did YOU ever hang a black man? Few Americans could even THINK about such a thing. We live and work and go to church with them.
But politicians and other 'opinionated' folk are acting as if todays people are guilty of the 'sins of the fathers'.
Watch how the world turns for a bit. You will learn a lot from it. It is something like the 'jot and tittle' discussion we had. The Bible didn't say that we could change the law...it just said that we could break it. The law stays the same...but the offender will be punished.
KayMarie
Freakshow....we both know you wrote this to get a response. Perhaps to confirm that you are a human? You must get out more. Freak, anyone who writes this much is a freakshow..........get a life, go to a Kingdom Hall freak.
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408230 Dec 9, 2012
History reveals that many church fathers denied the apocrapha. Though some church fathers spoke approvingly of it, others--NOTABLY Origen,Jerome Athanasius and Cyril of Jeruselem--denied its inspiration and canonicity. Therefore, merely quoting some church fathers in favor of the Apocrypha does not make a convincing argument. History reveals that some church fathers used the Apocryphal books for devotional or preaching purposes, but did not consider them canonical. You can demonstrate 'respect' for a book without necessarily 'canonizing' it.
truth

Andrews Farm, Australia

#408231 Dec 9, 2012
ones what is lost..

Did God can find what is lost?

yes he can..

where that lay down as heavenly position

''in my valley Lord where i keep my few sheep''
''down in deep''archeology dig dig dig

there where i dream
there where is my home
there where is my heart simply left
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#408232 Dec 9, 2012
Unlike the New Testament books, which claim to be inspired, NONE of the Apocryphal books claim to be inspired.
truth

Andrews Farm, Australia

#408233 Dec 9, 2012
''heavenly position''
you say you are God
you say you will be upon stars

but you are man not God
remember that
''it is written''
truth

Andrews Farm, Australia

#408234 Dec 9, 2012
Then you belong to calculation.
All of them know who calculated.

me
I don't calculated nothing at all.

I speak from my heart.

How much look real for you..its not very interesting
for me.

Does meter about your conclusion about me.
preston

Athens, OH

#408235 Dec 9, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We both pray God will kill your sinful flesh just like we pray for God to kill ours mister, Be Blessed and walk in the Spirit already, duh biggest dummy...
MOCKERS - THE JUDGEMENT OF GOD DOES FALL
Psalm 89:50
2 Chronicles 36:16
Daniel 9:6

your prayer will go as far as Orville.

ZIP!
preston

Athens, OH

#408236 Dec 9, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>The passage is talking about believers witnessing to the lost, you pinhead. You know nothing about scripture. And you know nothing about being a 'preacher'.
so you think that liars are Saved. read the book of Revelation, mister.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

A wicked doer giveth heed to false lips; and a liar giveth ear to a naughty tongue.

well liars are wicked according to God. so reggie did what she was and is supposed to do.

and the bottom line is this.

it is none of your business what reggie does or says.
preston

Athens, OH

#408237 Dec 10, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>You must be, you have sure talked about it enough. But the fact is that what he said is not nearly as evil as you statement that asked God to send BILLY GRAHM to hell. You have no right to judge anyone. You should go talk to a real preacher and see if they can help you. You probably need to be saved. Christian people don't act like you do.
wanna show us the post where I "asked" God to send graham to hell?

all of us would love to see that, especially me.lol.

after hearst talked to graham, graham was given a choice, be famous or be a backwater preacher in a small Baptist church.

I think that he made the wrong choice.

unlike you, I have participated in this sham of grahams, and once was enough for me.I dont like fruads.

BTW HANK FEELS THE SAME AS I DO .WHY ARE YOU JUST ACCUSING ME, ONLY?.

WE ALREADY KNOW, DONT WE?

i HAVE TAKEN YOU TO THE CLEANERS IN THE PAST FEW YEARS AND IT GRATES ON YOUR BLACK SOUL, DOESNT IT?LOL
preston

Athens, OH

#408238 Dec 10, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>I have yet to see any PROOF of LTM lying. I just see more of you vicious attacks. You are a sick man. I bet you ran a lot of people away from the church were you impersonated a 'preacher'.
so you never read about orville saying that he was praying for God to kill me either?LTM blames it on her poor eyesight.

what is your excuse?

even tho I have pasted it several times.lol

like I said, you liars give us plenty of free entertainment.
preston

Athens, OH

#408239 Dec 10, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>GET THEE BEHIND ME, SATAN.
get Saved and you will be able to really call on help with Jesus.
preston

Athens, OH

#408240 Dec 10, 2012
here is the post and i gave my reasoning as to why graham is in some big trouble.

Truth wrote:

<quoted text>
And, why would we care what Billy Graham has to say....
He is another false teacher...so you think it is fine to follow a

false teacher....come on now...

Preston wrote:

lol, I just got home and the phone rang and it was a telemarketer

who had a three question survey that they wanted me to answer.
and the first qustion was about billy graham and what he thought

about something and did I agree or disagree, well of course since I

cant stand Billy Graham, I hit that I disagreed with him and as soon

as I did that, they hung up and I never got to hear the other two

questions.

Now I will miss hours of sleep worrying about those other two

questions about billy graham.

graham ought tokeep his nose out of politics and I will never

{forgive him for the ranting that he did against Israel.}SEE THIS, HE WAS CURSING ISRAEL.

May God find him a nice quite out of the way place in a hot

community. where the sun never shines.

now I dont see where I "asked" God to send him to hell.so you are streching the truth.

but what is really ironic is that you are going back a month to bring up old news.lol

so lets look at what the bible says about people like graham.

And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
This website makes clear the message in the Bible that those who bless Israel will be blessed, and those who curse Israel will be cursed.

It gives historical proof of this spiritual principle with some historical facts applying to both {{individuals}}}SEE THIS

and nations, and then gives some links with opportunities for each of us to bless Israel. Reference the Book of Genesis, Chapter 12, Verses 1-3

http://weblessisrael.org/
preston

Athens, OH

#408241 Dec 10, 2012
http://www.false-teachers.com/articles.html

AND OLD BILLYs PICTURE IS RIGHT THERE WITH THE REST OF THEM.LOL

Graham, Billy:
How the Lord Exposed Billy Graham
Billy Graham, in the most attractive and “pious” of ways, is a butcher of millions of souls. He is a star pupil of Nimrod, the mighty hunter of souls before God. He has killed millions in the Name of Christ. The Lord exposes him to deliver the sincere seeker from the snare of the fowler.

Billy Graham - The Fast Fading Façade
In this short interview, we see how Billy Graham, approaching retirement from an active religious career, contradicts the Bible and his Southern Baptist doctrines. Like an unmoored ship, his carnal mind casts about in the sea of his imagination, filling in the blanks of what he never had in the first place – a true relationship and understanding in Christ.

Our conversations with those who honor and defend Billy Graham:

An Advocate for Billy Graham: Passion Without Truth
Raymond says to us,“Shame, shame, shame,” after reading “How the Lord Exposed Billy Graham.” He praises Graham as full of love, but can he disprove what the Lord has shown us? There is a difference between man’s virtue and God’s virtue.

The False and Misleading Gospel of “Accepting” Jesus Christ
This most pernicious lie of Billy Graham’s gospel, causing untold misery by its deception, is thoroughly debunked by God’s own words.

The Whole Picture: We Answer an Apologist for Counterfeit Christianity
William argues in defence of “Doctor” Graham, appealing to the accreditation of men and denying the present judgment of God. We show the fallacy of both notions, and how his arguments prove that his own conversion, like all of Graham’s, is false.

No Place to Hide
When William hears we had hoped he would believe, confess his wrongness, and turn from his sins, he acts incredulous and states that we are the ones who sinned by publically “defaming” Billy Graham. If we want to debate, he says, we should debate the man who says Adolph Hitler will be saved. You need to hear Victor’s answer.

Receiving the Spirit of God - Not a Salvation Issue?
A Liberty University professor of Christ protests our listing of Billy Graham’s denial of the gifts of the Spirit as the mark of a false teacher. He says this is not a salvation issue. We show him that one cannot be saved except one is baptized with the Spirit, which is Christ’s power for a new life.

Dividing the Wheat from the Chaff
“Dr.” Rima says we make him sick with our “divisive” writing about Billy Graham. But didn’t Jesus say He came to divide? Yes, included would be the division of His sheep from doctors of theology and their ilk.

The Ways of False Religious Love: Spearing a Slithering Snake
A defender of Billy Graham, who claims to be filled with the Spirit of God and flowing in His gifts, appeals to us to cease judging in the name of love. We identify the treacherous nature of his love and the false spirit behind it. Thus the stronghold of false Christianity falls before the Son of God.

http://www.thepathoftruth.com/falseteachers/i...
preston

Athens, OH

#408242 Dec 10, 2012
Is it negative and unbiblical to name false teachers? The Bible is filled with examples of Jesus and others naming false teachers by name. For example, the Apostle Paul in 2 Timothy names numerous people by name.

2 Timothy 1:15: Phygellus and Hermogenes
2 Timothy 2:17: Mymenaeus and Philetus
2 Timothy 3:8: Jannes and Jambress
2 Timothy 4:10: Demas
2 Timothy 4:14: Alexander the coppersmith
In III John 9, John named Diotrephes.
Jesus called out the false teachers in Matthew 23 and Luke 11.
I truly believe that one reason why God allows false teachers is to provide believers with a test of whether they will be faithful in their Biblical mandate to expose false teachers and thus protect the sheep from the spiritual poison of wolves in sheep's clothing.
Show me a shepherd/pastor that will not name false teachers and I will show you a false teacher.
Pastor Jim Bublitz gives further insight into the positive results that come when we name false teachers by name:

From those words it is clear that God allows teachers of error for the same reason as He does persecutors of His people: to test their love, to try their fidelity, to show that their loyalty to him is such that they will not give ear unto His enemies. Error has always been more popular than the Truth, for it lets down the bars and fosters fleshly indulgence, but for that very reason it is obnoxious to the godly.

The one who by grace can say "I have chosen the way of Truth" will be able to add "I have stuck unto Thy testimonies" (Psalm 119:30, 31), none being able to move him therefrom.

"For there must be factions among you in order that those who are genuine among you may be recognized." (1 Corinthians 11:19).
http://www.worldviewweekend.com/worldview-tim...
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#408243 Dec 10, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lets look at who is on YOUR SIDE.
you; afilthy mouth pervert.
sda, a follower of the false prophetess and satan
LTM; proven to be a liar superb
mr/s gif; they cant tell the truth for lying
marge, just her name says all that is needed to say.
Orville, a false prophet who prays for god to kill people.
Oddjg, another filthy mouth, maybe in your category except he doesnt seem to be a pervert.
Oxbow, hasnt been on here for awhile, and we thank the Lord for that.
so far, all you have on your side is a gaggle, now if you could fly, we could call you a skein.
WOW you named 8 people the exact number God preserved in Noahs Ark during the destruction of the flood.

It Is Written:

Isaiah 59:19

King James Version (KJV)

19 So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him

Psalm 144:7 Reach down your hand from on high; deliver me and rescue me from the mighty waters, from the hands of foreigners
----------
Isaiah 43:2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

I think we are in GOOD HANDS !!!!
preston

Athens, OH

#408244 Dec 10, 2012
The late Pastor Vance Havner wrote, "We live what we believe; the rest is religious talk." Living what we believe includes our willingness to name the name of false teachers and to endure the criticism and persecution that will surely follow. To do any less would be treason to our calling, to our mandate, to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
When we expose false teaching and false teachers we are proclaiming and defending the authority, accuracy, and application of God's Word; the very thing that false teachers seek to undermine.
Living what we believe requires speaking Biblical truth and Biblical warnings no matter how negative or offensive it may be to the spiritually immature, non-discerning or wolves that crept in among the sheep.
Jude 3:1-4 commands all believers to contend for the faith that is under attack from false teachers.
Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Truth is never negative to those who seek to serve The Truth.
HEY, I SAY THIS OFTEN ON HERE OR WORDS SIMILIAR.LOL

Since: Nov 08

usa

#408245 Dec 10, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have proven you wrong--over and over and over again--with TRUE AUTHENTICATED AND VERIFIABLE CHURCH HISTORY from documented writings from the Early Church Fathers and Apologistic Historian writers , both Catholic and Protestant. You have proven NOTHING to me but the same old "anti-catholic garbage history" that you "dig up" and ONLY YOU are the one that calls it truth! It is distorted, twisted and perverted nonsense---"AND YOU KNOW IT" -jethro8. Tell is to your atheist, agnostic and other anti-catholic buffoons, THAT YOU HANG AROUND WITH, who are in the same "doldrums of anti-catholic hate, animosity and vengeance that YOU ARE!! You say and prove NOTHING (as usual).
your right you have shown me man made pagan/christian church history which is meaningless,what scriptural devine history have you shown me fron the bible and other scripture that what you say is true?? NONE! you have posted nothing except what constantines chosen men have stated about the church,which is not worth the paper it's written on.the early church fathers are just learned people not holy people,not chosen by jesus or god or by peter for that matter. like i have said a thousand times,show me a passage where jesus says the catholic church is his true church,then i'll believe it.until then,THE non-catholics will stick to the truth and follow the true church lead by it's true leader jesus,not some criminal in a fish hat.
preston

Athens, OH

#408246 Dec 10, 2012
old tex marr says the same thing as I did.

Jackie's friend, the Reverend Bill Byrd, homosexual pastor of the San Francisco Evangelical Gay Church, heartily agreed. "I have no problem with Graham's preaching," said the Reverend Byrd, "Billy Graham brings people together."

Brings people together? Yes, Billy Graham does do that—he brings the sinful tares together as one into a huge heap, ready to be burned and destroyed by the dreadful, consuming fire of the Lord at the Great White Throne Judgment.

And that's exactly where Billy will be too, unless he repents.

He will end up kneeling in fear before his Master, trying to con and bribe God, and bragging, "Look at all the terrific things I did in your name, Lord. I filled stadiums and wowed the public, preaching tolerance and love and Christ all together. Even the lesbians and homos loved me. I was a registered Democrat Party voter. Five Presidents of the United States invited me to stay over at the White House. Lord... Oh Lord, aren't you listening to me? Don't you remember? I was once voted in a poll as the world's most admired man. You know me, don't you? I'm Billy Frank Graham!"

As you shall see, these are not the words of brokenhearted pastors concerned about saving the souls of the lost and eager to fulfill the Great Commission and preach Jesus crucified and Him alone. These are, instead, the lying words of vile, deceitful devils.

The Reverend Robert Schuller of California's Crystal Cathedral interviewed Billy Graham.

The Infamous May 31, 1997 Interview: Graham and Schuller
Robert Schuller: "Tell me, what do you think of the future of Christianity?"

Billy Graham: "I think everybody who knows Christ, whether they're conscious of it or not, they're members of the Body of Christ...God's purpose is to call out a people for His name, whether they come from the Muslim world, Buddhist world, the Christian world, or the non-believing world, they are members of the Body of Christ, because they've been called by God. They may not even know the name of Jesus...and I think they are saved, and that they are going to be in heaven with us."

Robert Schuller (overjoyed): "What I hear you saying is that it's possible for Jesus Christ to come into human hearts and soul and life even if they've been born into darkness and never had exposure to the Bible. Is that a correct interpretation of what you are saying?"

Billy Graham: "Yes it is, because I believe that. I've met people in various parts of the world...that have never seen a Bible or heard about a Bible, and never heard of Jesus, but they've believed in their hearts that there was a God."

So, there you have it. The world's most famous evangelist teaches that no one needs Jesus to be saved and enter the Kingdom of Heaven. They're already members of the Body of Christ whether they know it or not! All they have to do is believe in a God—like one of the three million Hindu gods; or perhaps the man-god whom many Buddhists worship, the Dalai Lama; or the Moslem's Allah; or perhaps the Cosmic God of the evolutionists; or the witches' horned god, Pan; or perhaps all that people must do is believe in the New Age deity—themselves—as God!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 hr Married in 10,420
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) Feb 22 WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
More from around the web