Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 627944 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

United States

#408046 Dec 9, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi - I know we don't know each other well, but I think you are VERY smart and correct; I enjoy all your posts. Merry Christmas!
If you took the time to research and analyze his posts, you'll see there filled with deception.

He will state his personal opinions about the Catholic Church. Then, cite a series of Bible verses which he claims back up his version..When in fact, they do not.
This is manipulation of sacred scripture to validate his personal ideology. Its a sin. This is why him and his wife take a beating on here. They get caught daily being deceptive. We need to steer clear of this and pray for any victims they manage to coerce.

I challenged both of them to present evidence to save me from Catholicism. They can't.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#408047 Dec 9, 2012
who="Clay"
Are you aware LTM, that the abuse scandal was horribly exaggerated by your side in an attempt to smear the Church and paint it as evil?
You got suckered into it cuz you're also a bigot and want to believe thing that discredit the Church.
Your own family has as many pedophiles as the Church. Whatever church you attend on Sundays, has as many - if not more.
This is why many on here call you (and others) liars. Because you ignore these basic statistics and pretend the child sexual abuse is a catholic thing.
It tells us you are not at all interested in truth.
That, and along with your constant anti catholic pamphlets you post, tells us you have another agenda and it does not have anything to do with Jesus Christ, because it involves deception.

She is not 'aware', because it simply is not true. The CC has taught all of you well with her narcissistic beliefs. Read any of their teachings about Martin Luther. I read just a few posts back that he wanted to do harm to the CC (he didn't...first thought he could show a 'revelation' to his superiors...for that they called him 'insane'). I've got...and I have read CATHOLIC books that call Protestants 'of the devil'.(So much for love!)

They teach you to hate...THEN they accuse the Protestants of hate. We only hope to bring truth.(Serious Christians will AT LEAST listen before making their decision. Not saying that Catholics are not SERIOUS about their faith...just that they blindly follow the blind.)

They call me a liar because that is the only way they can fight. What I have told you is the TRUTH.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

United States

#408048 Dec 9, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The Bible says..
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
No other requirements for salvation is needed...
after we receive Jesus Christ as out Lord and Savior...
we obey God's word
Which says..
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren,
by the mercies of God,
that ye present your bodies
a living sacrifice,
holy,
acceptable unto God,
which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And
be not conformed to this world:
but
be ye transformed
by the renewing of your mind,
that ye may prove what is that good,
and
acceptable,
and
perfect,
will of God.
Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as
NOTE
God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
SALVATION CANNOT BE EARNED BY WORKS...
There's no debate here....salvation cannot be earned by works. The Catholic Church has always said its a free gift from God.

Why must you continue to bear false witness?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#408049 Dec 9, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>This is quite a intriguing way to make an argument.A teacher (Christ)teaches his immediate followers with the explicit purpose of carrying His teachings into the world.He commissions tham. At the time of His ascension no less. His disciples accept Paul. But the disciples and Paul say things which contradict ones argument. Therefore go to a last resort. Does the Bible say that Christ said it out of His own mouth?hich is really an argument that they wrote down in the Bible eveything that Christ ever said.
And an argument against what the Bible says whuich is that Christ commissioned them to carry what he taught into the world.Now we are far from logic and analytical thinking which is supposed to be the atheist's strength.
Herme good friend

lol...Yes. Logic and analytical thinking is an atheist's strength. And in general, I have learned it well in discussions with them. But TBS denies he is an atheist, agnostic, or theist....He denies evidence, and reason as well.

It has been hard for me to put a name for what he preaches, but I think it is a form of anarchism/nihilism, which has been sugar-coated....Its like a Christian trying to talk to Nietzsche.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#408050 Dec 9, 2012
who="LTM"
KM you have nothing to prove to Preston or anyone else.
nor does your husband. Preston couldn't find fault so he dragged Regina into this hoping she could. I hope Regina is smart enough to realize that Preston is just trying to use her .

I know. Just wanted to point out how a lie was being 'made'.
Thank you for your kindness.

KayMarie
Clay

United States

#408051 Dec 9, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
False Kay, there are many different "holy" ministries a person can choose.
NOT FALSE, Anthony. THEY CANNOT CHOOSE THE PRIESTHOOD WITHOUT A VOW OF CELIBACY. You know better.
KayMarie
There are many ways to serve the Church. That's what he was saying. Deacons can be married. Eucharist ministers, alter servers etc.
Priest know about the celibacy rule before taking the vows.
Curious why you even care?
Anthony MN

United States

#408052 Dec 9, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
I think you've really hit the nail on the head with the issue of honesty from confrinting and kay Preston. There's something fundamentally wrong with a person's faith when the only way they can defend themselves is to bear false witness.
Definitely shows the condition of YOUR faith. You continually accuse me...even when you have not a shred of evidence...only your imagination.
What I have written is TRUE. So where does that leave your faith?
Mine is in GOD.
KayMarie
You are a trouble maker. You made snide remarks about the pope, strictly for the purpose of provoking anger from the Catholics here and when you were proven wrong about your assertion you fought back like a cornered animal. There is a phoniness about you, a nice smile, but a knife in your hand.

You know it. I know it. God knows it.
Anthony MN

United States

#408053 Dec 9, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
NOT FALSE, Anthony. THEY CANNOT CHOOSE THE PRIESTHOOD WITHOUT A VOW OF CELIBACY. You know better.
KayMarie
There are numerous ministries one can choose. Being a deacon is one. A priest is ordained a deacon before he takes his vows. He spends 8 years discerning celibacy among, other things.

I'm curious as to why you're beating this dead horse . Are you envious of the tremendous sacrifice Catholic men and women make who choose this calling?
Clay

United States

#408054 Dec 9, 2012
who="Clay"
Are you aware LTM, that the abuse scandal was horribly exaggerated by your side in an attempt to smear the Church and paint it as evil?
You got suckered into it cuz you're also a bigot and want to believe thing that discredit the Church.
Your own family has as many pedophiles as the Church. Whatever church you attend on Sundays, has as many - if not more.
This is why many on here call you (and others) liars. Because you ignore these basic statistics and pretend the child sexual abuse is a catholic thing.
That, and along with your constant anti catholic pamphlets you post, tells us you have another agenda and it does not have anything to do with Jesus Christ, because it involves deception.
She is not 'aware', because it simply is not true. The CC has taught all of you well with her narcissistic beliefs. Read any of their teachings about Martin Luther. I read just a few posts back that he wanted to do harm to the CC (he didn't...first thought he could show a 'revelation' to his superiors...for that they called him 'insane'). I've got...and I have read CATHOLIC books that call Protestants 'of the devil'.(So much for love!)
They teach you to hate...THEN they accuse the Protestants of hate. We only hope to bring truth.(Serious Christians will AT LEAST listen before making their decision. Not saying that Catholics are not SERIOUS about their faith...just that they blindly follow the blind.)
They call me a liar because that is the only way they can fight. What I have told you is the TRUTH.
KayMarie
I read your rant just now. At the end you said "they call me a liar because that is the only way they can fight. What I have told you is the TRUTH"

No Kay, they call you a liar because that's exactly what you lust did!

You and your husband bring 'baring false witness' to a new level.
Every time I check into one of your allegations, they prove to be false. It NEVER fails!

I'll prove it...I'll make a deal..accuse Catholics of believing something right now. I will waste my time reading it and prove you wrong.
Then, tomorrow or the next. You and your husband will be right back at it- as if you never heard the truth.
Go.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#408055 Dec 9, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, did you noticed that you switched from god and jesus to peter and paul?
My challenge is: Where did god and or jesus say that you do not have to follow the 613 laws that god and gave to moses?
So far, at least 5 people tried to put the blame on moses, when the bible clearly states that god gave the law to moses to give to the people.
You cannot get around the fact that your god said that a master should not be punished for killing a slave, because the slave is the master's property.
god did add in the stipulation that the slave must suffer for a day or two, before dying. Really? Your god required that the slave suffer or a day or two?
Colossians 2:14
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was [[[[
against ]]]] us, which was contrary to us, and took it
out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
the "handwriting of requirements [ordinances, KJV]"
refers to the law "that was against us."
The law that was against was the Mosanic hand written
laws of ordinances and statutes that was place in the
side of the ark on the outside. Not Gods Ten commandment
Law inside the ark which included the 7th day Sabbath.
Deuteronomy (KJV) Chapter 31
31:24 And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of
writing the words of this law in a book, until they were
finished,
31:25 That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the
ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying,
31:26 Take this book of the law, and put it in the side
of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it
may be there for a witness against thee.
Paul clearly writes in Romans 7:12, "Therefore the law
is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good."

Ezekiel 20:25

KJV Bible: "Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and

judgments whereby they should not live; " These are the laws handwritten

in the book placed at the side of the ark.

Paul clearly writes in Romans 7:12, "Therefore the law is holy, and the

commandment holy and just and good."

(Rom 7:22 KJV)
For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

2 Corinthian 12, 13 "Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great

plainness of speech: And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face,

that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that

which is abolished:"

Ephesians 2:15 15. Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law

of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain

one new man, so making peace;

"Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."

Ecclesiates 12:13. "By the law is the knowledge of sin." Romans 3:20.

2 Corinthians 3:6-13

6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the

letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth

life.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#408056 Dec 9, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
KayMarie
Thereby choosing celibacy. No one is forced into it.

Are you having a eye trouble or just shouting?
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#408057 Dec 9, 2012
who="Clay"
KayMarie
More vitriol, more lies, more envy. Do you think God is happy with your doing this? Not a very good "Christian" witness, Kay. You're coming across as an embittered shrew.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#408058 Dec 9, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I read your rant just now. At the end you said "they call me a liar because that is the only way they can fight. What I have told you is the TRUTH"
No Kay, they call you a liar because that's exactly what you lust did!
You and your husband bring 'baring false witness' to a new level.
Every time I check into one of your allegations, they prove to be false. It NEVER fails!
I'll prove it...I'll make a deal..accuse Catholics of believing something right now. I will waste my time reading it and prove you wrong.
Then, tomorrow or the next. You and your husband will be right back at it- as if you never heard the truth.
Go.
Indeed it is a rant, Clay. This woman is a near occasion of sin; a living, breathing temptation. It's okay to denounce her lies, but I'm not sure it's a good idea to enter into dialogue with her. Safeguard your soul.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#408059 Dec 9, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
TBS
At last....
You write,"There is no evidence of a god, so why would I believe in one? You, as in all belivers, try convince the world that there is at least one. I use the bible to prove that man created the religion."
Answer: Because you deny the evidence, you deny God.
Belief in one God, is against the way human beings rule on this earth. Human rule is religion. Belief in One God, is Truth. So in part you are correct, the Bible proves man created religion, and the laws that arise out of them....
I love your answer here Rob Amen
preston

Waverly, OH

#408060 Dec 9, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
KM you have nothing to prove to Preston or anyone else.
nor does your husband. Preston couldn't find fault so he dragged Regina into this hoping she could. I hope Regina is smart enough to realize that Preston is just trying to use her .
lol. "no one" dragged reggie into this lie as told by mrs fraud. REGGIE IS THE PERSON THAT FIRST CALLED HER OUT ON THESE LIES SHE WAS TELLING,

mrs fraud asked me to prove it and I have.

she knew tah she said them tha is why she wouldnt deny them. she lied and those who are catholic and know what this nun was doing called her on her lies, SIMPLE AS THAT.

BTW, THE L IN YOUR NICK IS APROPORIATE, IT STANDS IT FOR L IAR
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#408061 Dec 9, 2012
James 3

King James Version (KJV)

3 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.

4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.

5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:

8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
preston

Waverly, OH

#408062 Dec 9, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I truly do not understand you. I went through all that for you. I wanted to answer what you asked. Yelling? I klnow I used headings in caps.Sometimes my caps stick. If I was angry with you I would have not gone through that trouble.I really did take the time for you and do not understand why you come back with attacks. I will know not to do that for you next time. thought you were sincere.Also I do not need to steal. I have written many academic papers when I have used the format for citing resource material. I did not know this site was so academic.Aslso I usually paraphrase and rewrite what I find. It seems to me you do not have a sincere heart. Thats ok. I have learned from my experience.
It is very clear what Christ said.He said it in His own words and I quoted Him. If you dismiss Peter, Paul, or anyone else as legitimate carriers of Christ's message then that is another issue altogether.You are hardly a student of Mosaic law or hristian theology.I thought that I gave you a very thorough exposition of both.I will not be mean spirited in return.I wil continue to study and learn.
got a letter from our son(email) and he said education is China is so much different than here in the USA.

they basically memorize all of the material that they are studying.

anyway, I saw your words about writing academic papers, and Justin told us that his Prof is sending a thesis that he wrote to Oxford to have it printed. I envy people like you and him, along with my brother who used to write grants, which are requests for federal monies for village around here.

while me. I can read a book and tell you all about in three verses or less. and my brother would take 10 pages.

anway to get back on subject, your writings were good and that poster should have appreciated the work that you in producing them

Since: Nov 08

usa

#408063 Dec 9, 2012
who="jethro8" there is no proof,no history,apostolic succession does not exist,jesus never said he is building his catholic church in italy,what proof do you have?? except a pack of lies,phony traditions created by men put together by an roman emporer.your right that's real proven historical fact.
In ten days the Lord will prove Himself real to you.
KM
in 10 days? how do you figure that?? in 10 days it will be my brothers birthday (19th) that's all.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#408064 Dec 9, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you Jethro, I think that is great.
I hope you get stronger every day.
I do my best,that's all i can do,will find out in january how i'm doing,that's when i have my next tests done.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#408065 Dec 9, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Herme good friend
You are writing to TBS, and I totally understood what you had written to him. It was exhaustive. But consider it a good lesson for yourself, and I commend you in further study and learning....
And for not understanding TBS, the reason is simple. He has a very shakey faith based in no-god, or humanism. He merely presumes God does not exist, and refuses to examine evidence. Thus his no-god, or humanistic approach has always weaknessess, which he will not acknowledge(being in self-denial), nor discuss/debate. And his own purpose is to proclaim his own gospel.(religion is manmade of which Judeo-Christianty is a subset thereof.)
I think catophatic approach to God is great. I consider St. Gregory of Nyssa one of my patron saints. But in moving cataphatic approach into the human realm our weaknesses may be interpretted as being "negative"....
I appreciate your post very much. Very weel thought out.I was dissapointed at the response I got after taking the time to explain to him.You are correctin helping me understand what happened here. Thahnks again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Border visit will cap Pope Francis' trip to Mexico 4 hr I Hate fossil fuels 21
News Women DO want sex as much as men and most orgas... 9 hr Ritual Habitual 13
News God's calling: Newly ordained priests ready to ... (Jul '10) Feb 11 FrFrancis 219
News Donald Trump nominated for Nobel Prize thanks t... Feb 8 ownerd 2
News Pope to tour violent corners of Mexico Feb 8 Raydot 2
News Las Crucens prepare for Pope Francis Feb 5 huey goins 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Feb 5 Gee Tee 9,892
More from around the web