Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,642)

Showing posts 392,821 - 392,840 of512,136
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Christy Swanson

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

I am Catholic.

Being Catholic is difficult, but I believe in forgiveness.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="TheBlackSheep"
One would think! Several times in the bible, god made it clear to some very small group, that he existed. Never to a large group and never caught on film. Why?
Why will he not restore a limb?
Christians claim that god will not be tempted, yet many times, in the bible and in other non verifiable places, god did or was tempted and did show himself. Just never where we could verify it.
Urban legends are the same way,yet their are not willing to see it.
A few years ago a group from Tennessee went to Bulgaria on a mission trip.
Most of them were college students. One of them video taped portions of the trip. In one church service a group of them prayed for a blind lady...and she was healed.
Later viewing the tape, they saw the group gathered around the blind lady as they were praying for her. But there was something in the picture that was astounding. Standing in back of the group was a man in a white robe. The interesting part was that He was larger than all of the people there...and no one had seen Him in the church. I saw the video, and had no problem knowing who He was.
KayMarie
~~~

I also saw the video....

If it had been a Catholic gathering ..they would have made a shrine

of the place where Christ appeared..and the picture broadcasted over the earth..

But To those that have the tape it is/was only visual conformation of the words of Jesus,

He said...

Mat_28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo,

==>I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. <==

Jesus also said,

Mat_18:20 For where two or three are gathered together

in my name,

there am I

in the midst of them.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

The following verses help to clarify God's handling of our uneven ways. Iniquity is uneven ways; we sin in our pouty ways, we treat some people better than others. God says that He hates an uneven (unfair) scale, that weighs out a good measure to a favored one, but a skimpy measure to others. It is not as terrible as murder, but is offensive to God, nevertheless.

We all 'fall short of the glory of God', often we are unaware of how iniquitous (uneven) are our ways. God in mercy 'remembers that we are flesh', and if our hope is in Him, He does not count those 'sins of ignorance' against us. As with Abraham, He counts our faith in Him for righteousness, and does not impute that 'sin' against us.

This is not to say that He does not see our 'ways', nor to say that He does not care. Nor does it say that we should carelessly 'overlook' such ways in ourselves, but that He continuously leads us in ways of righteousness AS WE TRUST IN HIM.

Psa 130:3 If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities (uneven, unfair ways), O Lord, who shall stand?
Psa 130:4 But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.

If our heart trusts in Him, He will continue to cleanse us from all sin.

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

who="Christy Swanson" I am Catholic.

Why do you feel that it is difficult? Just curious.

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

who="G_O_D"
Mark and Matthew also quoted the Gospel of Thomas, often word for word.

Mark and Matthew were written first. It was Thomas who quoted THEM if there is any similarity.

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Christy Swanson wrote:
I am Catholic.
Yes, evidently being Catholic ...must be difficult..

.there are so many calisthenics/rituals required.

Just Being a Christian is not so difficult..

It is so very simple TO RECEIVE JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR that one with the INTELLIGENT complex mind is hard put to accept it.

-->they just cannot COMPREHEND the simplicity of...SALVATION ...

that can be received so easily...

Jesus said

Mar_10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Act_16:31 And they said,

--> BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, AND THOU SHALT BE SAVED

and thy house..

or

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
----
AS FOR WORKS...

Joh 6:28 Then said they unto him/JESUS, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

Joh 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them,

This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

----------

I AM NOT SAYING THAT WORKS ARE NOT IMPORTANT OR UNNECESSARY..

BUT THEY DO NOT SAVE YOU...

WORKS ARE A LABOR OF LOVE .... WALKING WORTHY OF THE LORD

Col 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing,

-->BEING FRUITFUL IN EVERY GOOD WORK,<--

and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Col 1:11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and long suffering with joyfulness;

Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>08Dec12.....
..ListenUP 'sickaelBreath'....
....Vot you know about the Roman Catholic Church wouldn't fill a beanBag.
The Holy Roman Catholic Church is the kindest, most compassionate, and helpful group of people in the WholeWideWorld.
You really need to get outta yer backYard and travel da vorld a liddle bit.
Ps:.....BobLoblah is gonna 'arrange for our Father Merrin to visit your tiny room in the New Year.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Bob, you should ask you're priest if you can get up in the pulpit and speak once in awhile.

Catholics would be enlightened by your mild manners, and your ability to spell correctly.

You are an inspiration to all.
Gregg

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Elizabeth wrote:
As someone who is catholic and was raised in the faith, I find this truly offensive that the Pope would make a statement like this. It is making me seriously consider leaving the church. As long as popele believe in God and the holy trinity, why does it matter whether they believe as catholics, methodists, lutherans, etc? I think Benedict has gone too far with this statement and I do believe it is going to hurt the catholic church in the long run.
God has no official religion. God looks for the light in us, no matter how faint and inhabits our heart and mind, even in the dim light we provide. Imagine what we, as a people could do if only our light would shine brighter, even a little bit.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Bob Loblaws says....

Michael says.....

....Hello Bob.... Did you ever complete learning all 26 letters of the alphabet? There is something peculiar about you, I just can't put my finger on it.

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

who="LTM"
Really?? did she use it for colds and flu's
baked onions sounds like something I would eat.
LOL
Yes, she used them for chest congestion. Wrapped them in some cloth and put it under the shirt.
Sounds yummy.
KayMarie
Do you remember the hot mustard plasters, my Mother used that from colds to boils.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....Got yer message.
There is more love and respect for Jesus Christ in BobLoblah's bowel movement than in your hole (sic) boday tooooooooo.
Ps:.....BobLoblah dinks dat ven it comes toy you 'att'emCowpattie', there's more brains in a bottle of wadda.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Bobloblaws says....

...There is more love and respect for Jesus Christ in BobLoblah's bowel movement than in your hole (sic) boday tooooooooo.

Michael says.......I can't argue with that!

Bob says....

...BobLoblah dinks dat ven it comes toy you 'att'emCowpattie', there's more brains in a bottle of wadda.

Michael says....

...The catholics on here are feeling the love from you. Keep up the good work!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Sock It To Me......I never heard of that one before......lol.........seeing I have the flu or something going on at the moment should I stick to my Z-Pac or tie a onion around my neck ?
LOL I use to think my Mom was crazy, but I have heard other people do the same. There are many old remedies that have been proven to work 7th.
My Mom also use to tell me to cut a potato in half rub one half on a wart and bury the other half. That doesn't work LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

who="TheBlackSheep"
Where is this video?
Much like UFO's, never NY City. Nope. A tiny little village in Bulgaria. Nice and safe... and unverifiable.

I had the video in my possession for a long time. It is at my daughters' now.

Did you mean to say,'a tiny little village in BETHLEHEM?'
The whole world knows about Him, but some still can't believe.

KayMarie
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
If the "shoe fits"-----wear it!!
BUSTED, and DOUBLE BUSTED!!
I am feeling the love HOJO!

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to give you the benfit of the doubt and assume you have a sincere desire to know the history of clerical celibacy and aren't belaboring this just to argue with me. The following is from wiki and it will hopefully meet your standard of an unbiased source;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clerical_celibac... (Catholic_Church)
Why don't you tell us from your catholic priest and you should already know why Anthony, without asking your priest or wiki.
You are catholic aren't you.
They should be teaching this in schools as it is a very important choice in a young man or womans life.
It also has nothing to do with God it has to do with the catholic church wanting to control every aspect of peoples lives.
Even God gave us free choice Anthony.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>ONLY IF YOU ARE CAREFUL WHEN YOU SCRATCH YOUR BACKSIDE FOR FEAR OF A BRAIN HEMORRTAGE
Lets just hope Bob isn't a hemopheliac.

nothing worse than red underpants!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....Don't be afraid to call 'sickaelBreath'(mickel) a schidt-for-brains.
Didja ever so much bullschidt in yer life as dat von.
Ps:....dat eeejit is dat and more besides.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Bob we are all sorry you missed your childhood. Shite happens! But its good to know you are enjoying it now.

You are such a breath of fresh air and inspiration to HOJO, CLAY, and ANTHONY. They love you bob. Keep up the good work.

ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Very helpful. Saved me a lot of time. Great to see you again. Thanks again. Will file this away.
Glad to see he gave you the correct information. The word "apocrypha" is the tip off. In this case it's being used as a pejorative. The proper term for those books is deuterocanonical, the rest are protocanonical. There are apocryphal writings, but the Church did not include them in the bible canon.

Here is a more complete list:

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/septuagint.h...

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/deuterocanon...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Christy Swanson wrote:
I am Catholic.
Christy, why is it difficult being a catholic?

Are you tired of the scandals? Are you fed up with the name calling catholics get? Have you lost the trust of the church leaders? Tell us my friend!

We are here to help!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

who="TheBlackSheep"
Where is this video?
Much like UFO's, never NY City. Nope. A tiny little village in Bulgaria. Nice and safe... and unverifiable.
I had the video in my possession for a long time. It is at my daughters' now.
Did you mean to say,'a tiny little village in BETHLEHEM?'
The whole world knows about Him, but some still can't believe.
KayMarie
Yes, it was always,'once in my possession'.

So, you have this video and you never put it on youtube or sent it to CNN?

Wasn't bethlehem a village?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 392,821 - 392,840 of512,136
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••