Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
392,801 - 392,820 of 537,133 Comments Last updated 17 min ago
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Why would anyone want to make a covenant with you after already entering a covenant with Christ..
a covenant is an agreement stupid.

Covenant (law), a promise to engage in or refrain from a specified action
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Thanks for the LAUGH ..........rotflol !!!!
everytime that you post, your ignorance is in evidence re; covenant

Since: Sep 12

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>bethlehem is where they claim the myth was born. But the thing was, you said "a village in bethlehem" and I said, "bethlehem was a village", and there is not a village inside of a village.

No one you know is smart enough to put a video on to the internet? You are not smart enough to find some one who could?

Naw, I think you would be smart enough to find a kid, almost any kid knows how to upload a video. I would say that you are nothing more than a lair. I cannot think of a reason why you need to lie. Maybe your life sucks so bad in real life, so you come here to lie to people who cannot point and laugh at you.

I have a hard time believing that there are any christians on topix. I am sure that some claim to be christian in their real life, not because they believe, but because they want to belong.
This is how an atheist try's to show evidence for no God.
"You're stupid"
Thank you this has been brought to your attention by Bat Foy
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>why ever disagreed with me is dumber than any novice.
nazarenes never cut their hair, and when I saw Jesus in 1965, HIS hair was down past His shoulders.
if a person disagrees with me, they should know more than many on this forum do.lol
when I ay something, I can back it up with the Bible.
I am not like some that take money off of widows ,like the pentecostal preachers always do.
In that case his hair would have been dragging the floor not just past his shoulders.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, I hope all is good otherwise.. What kinda illness do you have?
Also, were once a Catholic?
for the past 7 yrs ive been fighting off colon cancer,and so far been winning the battle,but i'm losing weight and energy and the doctor thinks it's because of the chemo drug and the fact i'm still working a physical job,and i've been catholic nore anything else,i was never baptized,my mother was a believer in god but did not believe in organized religion,she was smart enough to know it's just a scam for people to make money using gods words,not one church tells the whole truth,and she didn't like that idea,and thanks to constantine and the early church fathers we'll never know the whole truth since they took it upon themselves to burn books they didn't want people to read and find out how phony their church/es is/are.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well His hair might have been shoulder length, I don't think it was a brush cut D.S.
But 1 Cor 11:15 says!! a man should look like a man, and a woman a woman.
Jesus was a Jew, and he would have follow the Jewish laws, His culture and area would have played a big part in His hair length too.
Either way Jesus is Jesus and I love Him it doesn't matter His hair length does it.
Jesus said :if you love me, KEEO MY COMMANDMENTS.

WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

HE MEANS DONT LIE.

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>That a rape victim has to marry her rapist!
You atheists love using that. Works like this the United States had legalized slavery so we should trust the constitution? Or should we just see that slavery is wrong and not allow it to happen again? The rape issue in the bible was wrong should we not trust God? Or should we see that the law Moses set up had problems see the problems and not do that?
I haven't killed any disobedient children.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>In that case his hair would have been dragging the floor not just past his shoulders.
WHY DONT YOU READ ALL OF WHAT MY POST SAID.

when I saw Jesus in 1965, HIS hair was down past His shoulders.

that in no way indicates that it was down to the floor, since He was sitting in a seat.

and to help your feeble brain out, there are other ways to cut hair with out a razor. which they could have done, I dont know, I diddnt live back then, but unlike you, I know how just how long it is.

you and LTM can only flounder around.lol

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>08Dec12.....
....Time for you to climb back down in dat baseMent apartment you rent off some farmere's outHouse, crawl onto your filty couch, become sorry for ALL the dings you said about the Roman Catholic Church, bless yourself, put hour head between your legs....
Ps:.....and kiss your arse 'goodBye'.
May God have mercy on your hole.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
nice talk coming from a god fearing man,your proof that you and others don't really take this one god theory seriously otherwise you would not speak with the devils tongue,and for the record i don't live in an apartment,not my style i own two houses in two seperate towns,and my couch is fairly new so it's not filthy,and i'm not sorry for speaking the truth about the catholic church,no reason why i should be.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
well, then stop celebrating Christ's Mass and get your own holiday.:)
As oft as you will not only on Christmas :-)

1 Corinthians 11

King James Version (KJV)

11 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.

5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

8 For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.

9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.

11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.

12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.

13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?

14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.

18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.

19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? what shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.

34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>Where does god or jesus say, "These laws of god's are only for the, "Israelite at that time"?

I'll give you a clue. Neither god nor jesus is ever credited with making such a statement.

Here is another clue, jesus 'said', "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law"

Has heaven and earth passed? No.
Awwww here you are again saying you do believe in God/Jesus! I thought you were atheist soooo which is it?
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

the "shroud of turin" is agood example of waht a man might ahve looked like back then,

however it looks NOTHING like Jesus.

IF(and I say IF), it looks more like an older man, and IMO, it is that of Peter if anyone

http://www.bing.com/search...
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="LTM" It amazes me those of us who call ourselves christians, are rising up calling each other lairs, and many other names.
We who say we love the Lord have made our brothers and sisters in the Lord our enemy , we are fighting each other.
Satan sure has done his job well, we don't even trust that though we are not able, God is able to bring us to perfection.
I love the Lord very much as I am sure the rest of my brothers and sisters in the Lord do.
The truth is I rather talk to Jethro, and Michael then some of you, I don't feel judged or condemn to hell, because I may spiritually haven't matured to the same level that others have.
This is God's plan for Salvation not ours, I believe we all are right were we are suppose to be in God's wonderful plan.
I wonder how many people have left their walk with God because of finger pointers, God takes the load off and we 'GOOD WELL MEANING CHRISTIAN THROW IT RIGHT BACK ON THEM'
WE KEEP SAYING GOD IS A LOVING HOLY GOD; SO WERE IS THE LOVE?? AS BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS WE ARE SUPPOSE TO SHOW THE WORLD, IF WE KEEP ACTING LIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD TO WARD OUR FELLOW MAN.
ISN'T THERE SUPPOSE TO BE A CHANGE, A TOLERATION ACCEPTANCE AND AN UNDERSTAND.THERE ISN'T ANY ON THIS BOARD.
THIS BOARD IS FULL OF ( IN OUR OWN WORDS; LAIRS IDIOTS, RETARDS,) AND MANY OTHER NAMES I CAN'T REMEMBER THEM ALL.
MY APOLOGIZE TO ANYONE I MADE FEEL LEAST IMPORTANT TO GOD THEN ANYONE ELSE.
GOD SENT HIS SON JESUS TO DIE FOR THE WHOLE WORLD,
I GUESS SOME OF US ARE STILL IN THE PHARISEE STAGE IN OUR WALK WITH THE LORD.
WE REALLY MUST LEARN NOT TO THROW STONES AT EACH OTHER.
WE ALL ARE SINNERS AND COME SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD, "YET WHILE WE WERE SINNERS JESUS DIED FOR US.'
I LOVE YOU ALL I REALLY DO 'LET GOD BE PRAISED'
Ditto (ME, TOO)
KM
Wonderful Confrinting---then please refrain from, and quit the Catholic "bashing" personal opinionated comments!!! Thanks, in advance!!!
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>As oft as you will not only on Christmas :-)
1 Corinthians 11
King James Version (KJV)
11 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
8 For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.
17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.
18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.
22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? what shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.
23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
After posting all of this, you still believe the Eucharist is just a symbol?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said before, "I do not care "one-iota" as to what you believe! Go live your life in your same old (day by day)"doldrums" of anti-catholic lies and heresy. I'll stick to the TRUTH of faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. I know that it just "bugs" you that ALL of us, as Catholics on this forum, are living out our TRUE FAITH that Christ taught, proclaimed and ministered to His apostles, disciples and followers throughout over 2000 years of Church History, worshipping in HIS One True Catholic Church-----however it "your own misery and hate" that you have to deal with--NOT OURS or the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world. The ONLY thing that we can, and are (called to do-as Christians) is to pray for you!!!!
you gave me the answer i expected,nothing,no history to deny the truth i posted,your living out the true faith of hypocrits,they tell you to follow the word of god treat your fellow man with love and honesty,and they do the opposite,ya your following the right church,and your number is wrong,it's no longer 1.168 billion catholics,it's 1 billion and shrinking by the day,the only place the church is doing ok is in third world countries where people are not educated about the truth of the church,why do you think the pope went to the poor countries of central america?they are desperate people looking for any kind of hope,did he leave behind any money to help them out?after all with 1.168 billion members at a dollar a week times 52 weeks,that's a lot of money,why didn't he offer to help the starving? the homeless? the sick? why not build a hospital for them? they had the money to build a 2 million dollar church in the midwest,and buy the crystal church,how come they never give to the people they are suppose to love and protect and guide? why didn't he stop here in america?? what's he afraid of? you tell me i'm lying abbout the church all the time yet you post nothing that can prove me wrong.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>for the past 7 yrs ive been fighting off colon cancer,and so far been winning the battle,but io'm losing weight and energy and the doctor thinks it's because of the chemo drug and the fact i'm still working a physical job,and i've been catholic nore anything else,i was never baptized,my mother was a believer in god but did not believe in organized religion,she was smart enough to know it's just a scam for people to make money using gods words,not one church tells the whole truth,and she didn't like that idea,and thanks to constantine and the early church fathers we'll never know the whole truth since they took it upon themselves to burn books they didn't want people to read and find out how phony their church/es is/are.
I understand where you're coming from.
People have to first look pass the stereotypes about the Church. They been fed quite a bit of propaganda - especially about the bible.

Its important to understand that no Roman Emperor would have been able to infiltrate the Church, because its protected by Christ. Indeed there is no evidence Constantine altered anything about the faith - except he set into motion the idea of compiling a Christian Bible- which finally happened 50 yr after he died.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

preston wrote:
<quoted text>WHY DONT YOU READ ALL OF WHAT MY POST SAID.
when I saw Jesus in 1965, HIS hair was down past His shoulders.
that in no way indicates that it was down to the floor, since He was sitting in a seat.
and to help your feeble brain out, there are other ways to cut hair with out a razor. which they could have done, I dont know, I diddnt live back then, but unlike you, I know how just how long it is.
you and LTM can only flounder around.lol
Glad to know Jesus was sitting in a seat hope he had a window seat.......lol.......yes I knew a Pentecostal woman that pulled her hair at the ends and used the torn off hair as a filler for her updo.
How do use your your excess hair Percy ?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes---and the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world, including myself, Clay, Regina, Anthony and others on this forum ALSO KNOW THE TRUTH, over 2000 years of PROVEN historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church--the Bride of Christ.-------You deny it!!(your choice)----
By-the-way-----Jethro8-----I hope that you are recovering and feeling better! Blessings!!!
there is no proof,no history,apostolic succession does not exist,jesus never said he is building his catholic church in italy,what proof do you have?? except a pack of lies,phony traditions created by men put together by an roman emporer.your right that's real proven historical fact.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, no we don't all know.
Its not good to be Biblically ignorant just so you think you're justified in teaching as you do.
Its clear you and the other products of Luther and Calvin changed Scripture meaning AND scripture itself by removing books from the Bible.
Its not too late to repent and come back. You, Confrint and others would have been better off never to venture into this arena. You could have read your bible, prayed and believed as you do without being held responsible.
But what do you do now? Its been proven too many times to count, that your theology is not what was taught. Therefore is not the will of Christ.
Many Evangelical Preachers were at this same crossroad and chose to cease preaching things they now knew to be un biblical. I know you're not a preacher, but you're still on here spreading your version of the faith.
~~~

You wrote

You, Confrint and others would have been better off never to venture

into this arena. You could have read your bible, prayed and believed as you do without being held responsible.

Many Evangelical Preachers were at this same crossroad and chose to cease preaching things they now knew to be un biblical.

___

You don't believe in the Bible as God true word...

How do you know what is (as you say)...Biblical or unbiblical)

since you reject God's divine anointed/inspired standard to measure

truth by..

You gamble the destiny of your eternal soul upon conjecture that has no

scriptural validation,....that can be found ....In the OLD ..

OR NEW TESTAMENT...

To you sorrow here on earth..and your eternal destiny

you want me to let your pagan religious society alone RIGHT?

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek..

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written,

The just shall live by faith.

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so glad there is no cancer Jethro, that is wonderful.
Chemo is a very heavy drug, loss of strength and tiredness is one of the side effects isn't it, Do you take it every day??
If you enjoy your job, and feel you want to keep working Jethro, that is great its important for your self esteem I think.
I don't think people would think least of you if you did take the doctor's advise. You are fighting a tough battle Jethro and the enemy is heartless.
I don't take it every day, i take it for 10 days stop for seven days get a blood test done see the doctor and if my blood counts are ok i start the 10 day cycle again,as far as working goes i'm going to hang in there as long as i can.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••