Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,535
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
preston

Waverly, OH

#407765 Dec 8, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>It would be so nice if and when you decide to to take the focus of this thread off you and about you back to that one being of Christ and what he has done for man kind and not about what so and so said or done that offended Preston.
I think people are fed up with your whinning !!!
excuse me but you are not a topix moderator, nor a god(yet according to your false religion)

I responded to a post that concerned me and LTM, if you dont like it, dont let the door hit you on the WAY out.

and the thread was about a Christian which lets you OUT!
preston

Waverly, OH

#407766 Dec 8, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
KM, do you believe this is really?? I am a sceptic.
The bible warns us of this sort of thing.
I also don't believe it is real because Jesus hair would have been short would it of not.
LOL, where is YOUR POOR EYESIGHT NOW?

are you going to use it as a excuse like you did the other day?

I REALLY DO BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE NO SHAME WHATSOEVER
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#407767 Dec 8, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I AM NOT ABOUT TO ALLOW PEOPLE LIKE LTM AND MRS FRAUD AKA SAPHRIRA TO JUDGE WHETHER I AM A CHRISTIAN OR NOT,
especially when both of them are well known to lie on this forum,
WHY WOULD ANTHONY HAVE CALLED HER SAPHRIRA IF HE DIDNT KNOW THAT SHE WAS AND IS A LIAR?
I make a mistake once in awhile, but if and when I do, I correct myself, and any person who would judge me for defending myself has to look inside themselves to find out what and where their priorities are at.
I KNOW where mine are at.
even the sda guy who hates me woulnt support Orville in praying me dead.
YET LTM SUPPORTED ORVILLE.
THERE IS A SIN OF COMISSION, AND THAT SIN IS WORSE THAN HER JUST LYING ABOUT ME.
Preston, I don't have to say a word, your posts speak for themselves.
I was pointing the finger at myself as well Preston that is why I apologized.
LTM

#407768 Dec 8, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>NOPE, BUT LIKE I SAID YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.
Ditto (ME, TOO)
KM
You knew that LTM was talking about me, just as I knew.
when you,Saphrira, put on the gloves against me, expect the same from me.
Preston those who are first will be last and those who are last will be first in the Kingdom of God.
My post was not directed, directly at you personally.
preston

Waverly, OH

#407769 Dec 8, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston, I don't have to say a word, your posts speak for themselves.
I was pointing the finger at myself as well Preston that is why I apologized.
I have NEVER seen one post from you in which you admitted that Orville should never have said that he PRAYED that God would kill me.

NO CHRISTIAN WOULD EVER AGREE THAT ANY PERSON SHOULD EVER SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT, AND YOU TOOK HIS PART AGAINST ME EVEN WHEN i SHOWED YOU THAT HE WAS ATTACKING ME.

You came on this forum acting like you were a goddess or something, bragging about your {anointing},

the FACT that you supported Orville in his heinous behavior is proof that I was right when I withstood you, your anointing comes from satan the FATHER of liars(like you).

you and I made a covenant(NOW WIGGLE OUT OF THAT, WHY DONT YOU) not to attack each other and you lied and broke it by supporting the likes of Orville
preston

Waverly, OH

#407770 Dec 8, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I also don't believe it is real because Jesus hair would have been short would it of not.
where is all of that anointing?LOL

even a novice knows that jesus lived in Nazareth, and a novice knows what that means.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#407771 Dec 8, 2012
who="7th Day Catholics Rock"
Home Remedies and Cures
Extracted and Excerpeted from Pennsylvania Dutch Folklore, Elmer L. Smith, Applied Arts Publishers, Lebanon, Pa, 1960
Tie onions on the wrist to take down a high fever .
Rub a stye with a gold wedding ring.
To cure whoping cough, obtain a piece of bread covered with apple butter from a person who has the same married surname as her maiden name.
For rheumatism wash the part of the body affected in the water in which potatoes have been boiled.
To relieve a headache a buckwheat cake placed on the head will remove pain.
To cure sore eyes, melt snow £rom the winter's first snowfall and wash eyes.
To repair a hernia get a forged nail, drive it into a piece of wood and keep the wood in a dry place.
To remove warts, cut an apple, a turnip or an onion into halves and rub the wart with the pieces and bury them under the eaves of the house.
To cure a person of Alcoholism, scrape the dirt that collects under his fingernails and put it in his whiskey.
To reduce inflammation, make a poultice of warm Cow dung.(This is also considered to make a good poultice to draw a boil to a head.)
To get rid of a corn, rub a wax candle on a corpse and then rub the same wax on the corn.
To cure piles, carry horseches.tnuts in your pockets.
Homesickness can be avoided by sewing salt and crumbs of bread into the petticoat of the female or in the seam of the suit coat of the male.
To cure a wound the afflicted person should urinate on it.
A tumor can be cured by stroking it with the right hand of a corpse.
Rub urine from a pregnant woman to gain a cure for pimples.
http://www.horseshoe.cc/pennadutch/culture/cu...

That alcoholism cure just might work...

KayMarie
LTM

#407772 Dec 8, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I am with you. Just another sinner.I see Christ in you. Hold your head up.
We disagree at times. However many of your posts show warmth and love.
Hi Herme, thank you for your kind words.
I am glad you understand that I was not personally pointing my finger at one person in particular.
It was not meant like that. I was including myself in there also.
I am so glad to see your doing so well, that is so great.
preston

Waverly, OH

#407773 Dec 8, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston those who are first will be last and those who are last will be first in the Kingdom of God.
My post was not directed, directly at you personally.
quit lying!!!!

and that verse ahs nothing to do witth you. liars have no place in Gods Home.

and when I go into a Church, I am always asked to set up in front, and sometimes people are asked to move to provide me a seat.

THAT IS BIBLICAL.LOL

and if you knew, really knew me, you would be shaking in your lying boots.
preston

Waverly, OH

#407774 Dec 8, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Herme, thank you for your kind words.
I am glad you understand that I was not personally pointing my finger at one person in particular.
It was not meant like that. I was including myself in there also.
I am so glad to see your doing so well, that is so great.
hermi isnt going to go back a week or so to see that you supported Orvile in his satanic attacks against me, and I dont blame him, liars like you arent worth it.

#407775 Dec 8, 2012
who="LTM"

Why would His hair have been short?

Yes, I believe it. He was larger than the congregation, and He was standing over a group who were praying for a blind woman...who was healed. I know the girl who did the video, and I know the preacher who preached.
The singers there were from our church college.

KayMarie
preston

Waverly, OH

#407776 Dec 8, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>where is all of that anointing?LOL
even a novice knows that jesus lived in Nazareth, and a novice knows what that means.
why ever disagreed with me is dumber than any novice.

nazarenes never cut their hair, and when I saw Jesus in 1965, HIS hair was down past His shoulders.

if a person disagrees with me, they should know more than many on this forum do.lol

when I ay something, I can back it up with the Bible.

I am not like some that take money off of widows ,like the pentecostal preachers always do.
preston

Waverly, OH

#407777 Dec 8, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="LTM"
Yes, I believe it. He was larger than the congregation, and He was standing over a group who were praying for a blind woman...who was healed. I know the girl who did the video, and I know the preacher who preached.
KayMarie
IS THAT the SAME COLLEGE THAT MR FRAUD ATTENDED WHILE a JANITOR?
LTM

#407778 Dec 8, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I have NEVER seen one post from you in which you admitted that Orville should never have said that he PRAYED that God would kill me.
NO CHRISTIAN WOULD EVER AGREE THAT ANY PERSON SHOULD EVER SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT, AND YOU TOOK HIS PART AGAINST ME EVEN WHEN i SHOWED YOU THAT HE WAS ATTACKING ME.
You came on this forum acting like you were a goddess or something, bragging about your {anointing},
the FACT that you supported Orville in his heinous behavior is proof that I was right when I withstood you, your anointing comes from satan the FATHER of liars(like you).
you and I made a covenant(NOW WIGGLE OUT OF THAT, WHY DONT YOU) not to attack each other and you lied and broke it by supporting the likes of Orville
Dear Lord God, I left up Preston today, let him be the man he was meant to be for you.
In Jesus name Amen.

#407779 Dec 8, 2012
who="preston "NOPE, BUT LIKE I SAID YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.
Ditto (ME, TOO)
KM
You knew that LTM was talking about me, just as I knew.
when you,Saphrira, put on the gloves against me, expect the same from me.

LTM did not mention you...and I did not think of you while reading it. However, you and everyone else knows that you (and a lot more) needed that word.

I didn't put any gloves on preston...you were not provoked. YOU returned to your 'fraud' lie without any provocation from me...you were mad with LTM.

That is why I said you 'fell off of the wagon'.:)

The war goes on in your head.

KayMarie (Sapphira :)
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#407780 Dec 8, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its fair to point out that all of Christianity had the same number of books since the Church compiled a bible. That is, until Luther removed some.
Did a rogue Priest have the authority to remove any books from the Bible and still claim he's a Christian? I don't think so.
Btw, these are wonderful scripture to read.
It is Clay, but to say that the NT books were never in question is a patent denial of the facts. Luther called James and epistle of straw. Revelation he railed against. He removed them. Furthermore anyone who knows anything about the early councils would know that virtually every book was argued. The criteria used in deciding which books were scripture and which were not is most important. We see that in play with those like Irenaeus whose argument was simple yet brilliant. Show us anyone who can be traced to those appointed by the Apostles who taught or believed as you.

The fact is many considered Clement,, Didache, Hermas and others as scripture. The councils narrowed the criteria of what would be included. It did not exclude them as something not worthy of being read. For intance Athanasius is thrown out by Protestant apoglogists, but he in fact considered the deuterocanons as scripture. It is important to distinguish what protestants refer to as Apocrypha and the Church does. Other arguments which prove empty are use of Josephus and Jerome using deceitful proof texts. The fact is Jerome did vigorously defend them.

Its hard to answer all of the many empty arguments in a little box especially with people who wont bother to read links while hurling multitudes of distortions. Some questions cannot be answered in a sentence or paragraph.

"Though an interesting attempt, the fact of the matter is that there was no notion of a closed canon of scripture at the time of Jesus. Not even among Jews was there complete agreement on the canon at this time, which is highlighted by the fact that the Sadducees only accepted the Torah (the Five Books of Moses), and in fact were in constant conflict with other Jewish sects such as the Pharisees over various issues due to this. As Mark Shea says: "This was precisely why the Sadducees argued with Jesus against the reality of the resurrection in Matthew 22:23-33: they couldn't see it in the five books of Moses and they did not regard the later books of Scripture which spoke of it explicitly (such as Isaiah and 2 Maccabees) to be inspired and canonical."[1] Thus, it can be safely said (as a side-note) that Jesus himself experienced problems communicating the truth to those who adhered to Sola Scriptura.
https://sites.google.com/site/apostolicapolog...

Since: Dec 12

New Port Richey, FL

#407781 Dec 8, 2012
A careful and objective study of Mt. 16:18-19 will immediately end the argument about whether or not Catholicism has any foundation in Christianity. Unfortunately the matter is most visible in the Greek text. Most Bible translators erroneously change the past participle to future tense in v.19 to accommodate modern syntax at the cost of critical theology.

But even if this proof of the great Catholic error were to be offered, I doubt anyone in the Babylonian-based organization would recognize that Mt. 7:21-23 is chiefly directed at them. The blasphemy of the Pope is just another sign of the end times in which we live. I too was a Catholic until becoming a Bible translator. I'm living proof that Catholicism is not hereditary. Selah.
LTM

#407782 Dec 8, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="LTM"
KayMarie
We talked about this before on here I believe, appearantly. from what I understand . the time, culture, and the area from which Jesus came from would mean His hair would have been short .
Paul’s point in 1 Corinthians 11:3-15. A man’s hair should look masculine.

#407783 Dec 8, 2012
Djard wrote:
A careful and objective study of Mt. 16:18-19 will immediately end the argument about whether or not Catholicism has any foundation in Christianity. Unfortunately the matter is most visible in the Greek text. Most Bible translators erroneously change the past participle to future tense in v.19 to accommodate modern syntax at the cost of critical theology.
But even if this proof of the great Catholic error were to be offered, I doubt anyone in the Babylonian-based organization would recognize that Mt. 7:21-23 is chiefly directed at them. The blasphemy of the Pope is just another sign of the end times in which we live. I too was a Catholic until becoming a Bible translator. I'm living proof that Catholicism is not hereditary. Selah.
~~~

You wrote...

But even if this proof of the great Catholic error were to be offered, I doubt anyone in the Babylonian-based organization would recognize that Mt. 7:21-23 is chiefly directed at them.

___

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#407784 Dec 8, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
Question: "Should we give gifts at Christmas?"
Answer: Many people take the idea of gift giving at Christmas back to the scripture in Matthew 2:10-11 which talks about the Magi (wise men) giving gifts to Jesus at his home: "When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh."
The Bible gives a wonderful story about the gift God gave us—Jesus Christ—and we can use it as an opportunity to present the gospel and to show love. Giving and receiving gifts can be part of fulfilling what Paul says about giving in 2 Corinthians 8:7-8, "But just as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us—see that you also excel in this grace of giving. I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others." Paul was talking to the churches who were giving him gifts (financial) so that he could keep on in the ministry. We can apply this same lesson to our own lives by giving to others, not just at Christmas, but year round!
So, can gift giving become the focus of Christmas instead of thanking the Lord for the gift of His Son (John 3:16)? Absolutely! Does giving gifts have to take away from the true meaning of Christmas? No, it does not. If we focus on the wonderful gift of salvation the Lord has given us (Isaiah 9:6), giving to others is a natural expression of that gratitude. The key is our focus. Is your focus on the gift, or on the ultimate gift-giver, our gracious Heavenly Father? "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights..." (James 1:17).
QOTW
Oh yeah with the economy the way it is if anyone wants to send me a gift for Christmas or my Birthday of Gold or Silver contact me and we will set up UPS account or something and I will go pick it up they don't even have to deliver it ........lol
Actually 7th, the purpose of Christmas is to celebrate Mass and receive the Holy Eucharist.(Christ's Mass = Christmas)

The Eucharist is receiving a gift from Our Lord.
Its ironic that all these anti Catholics don't really celebrate Christmas because they don't recognize the Eucharist. I've heard them make fun of our Mass (calling it a 'Mess"). I've heard them mock the Eucharist too.
yet, they'll boast about being Christians this season and display 'Merry Christmas' in their windows....while never even participating in Christ's Mass.
Christmas is a Catholic Holiday period. Normally, I would welcome any non Catholic to join us in celebrating Our Lords birth with a Mass. But why should I? You all make a career out of spreading propaganda about us; you condemn us to hell for being Catholic.....well, then stop celebrating Christ's Mass and get your own holiday.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 15 hr Gee-Tee 8,721
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Fri QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web