Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
392,741 - 392,760 of 539,082 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#407749 Dec 8, 2012
Gregg wrote:
<quoted text>
God has no official religion. God looks for the light in us, no matter how faint and inhabits our heart and mind, even in the dim light we provide. Imagine what we, as a people could do if only our light would shine brighter, even a little bit.
I do not agree with you...

The Bible says

1Co_11:3 But I would have you know,

that the head of every man is Christ; and

the head of the woman is the man; and

-->the head of Christ is God. <--

Eph_5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Col_1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church:

who is the beginning,

the firstborn from the dead;

that in all things he might have the preeminence.

As the human body is legitimated together...so is the body of Christ

Church

CHURCH, n.

1. A house consecrated to the worship of God, among Christians; the Lords house. This seems to be the original meaning of the word. The Greek, to call out or call together, denotes an assembly or collection. But, Lord, a term applied by the early Christians to Jesus Christ; and the house in which they worshipped was named from the title. So church goods, bona ecclesiastica; the Lords day, dies dominica.

2. The collective body of Christians, or of those who profess to believe in Christ, and acknowledge him to be the Savior of mankind. In this sense, the church is sometimes called the Catholic or Universal Church.

3. A particular number of christens, united under one form of ecclesiastical government, in one creed, and using the same ritual and ceremonies; as the English church; the Gallican church; the Presbyterian church; the Romish church; the Greek church.

4. The followers of Christ in a particular city or province; as the church of Ephesus, or of Antioch.

5. The disciples of Christ assembled for worship in a particular place, as in a private house. Col 4.

6. The worshipers of Jehovah or the true God, before the advent of Christ; as the Jewish church.

7. The body of clergy, or ecclesiastics, in distinction from the laity. Hence, ecclesiastical authority.

8. An assembly of sacred rulers convened in Christs name to execute his laws.

9. The collective body of Christians, who have made a public profession of the Christian religion, and who are untied under the same pastor; in distinction from those who belong to the same parish, or ecclesiastical society, but have made no profession of their faith.
preston

Waverly, OH

#407750 Dec 8, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I am with you. Just another sinner.I see Christ in you. Hold your head up.
We disagree at times. However many of your posts show warmth and love.
thanks a lot HS.
so you think it is ok for LTM to lie about me when she knows better?.
It amazes me those of us who call ourselves christians, are rising up calling each other lairs, and many other names.
THE REASON WHY I CALLED HER A LIAR IS BECAUSE SHE IS ONE.
LAST WEEK OR SO, SHE SAID THAT I WAS ATTACKING ORVILLE, WHO SAID ON HERE THAT HE PRAYED THAT GOD WOULD KILL ME AND HE HAS REPEATED IT SEVERAL TIMES
THEN I SHOWED ONE PAGE WHERE HE, ORVILLE ,ATTACKED ME 5 TIMES AND THERE ARE ONLY 20 POSTS PER PAGE.
I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY MR/MRS FRAUD(YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW) WOULD SIDE WITH HER AGAINST ME, WITH HER ALLEDGELY POOR EYESIGHT, SHE PROBALBY MISSED THAT PAGE EVEN THOUGH I POSTED IT A COUPLE OF TIMES FOR HER TO LOOK AT BUT LIKE THE LIAR THAT SHE HAS B EN PROVEN, NOT ONLY BY ME BUT BY REGGIE ET AL

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#407751 Dec 8, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
There are none so blind as those who WILL NOT see...
KayMarie
I watched it again! Still don't see a person matching jesus' description. I do see a guy posing as the catholic churches' creation of christ. Is that what you are trying to pass off as jesus?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#407752 Dec 8, 2012
<quoted text>
I do not agree with you...
The Bible says
That a rape victim has to marry her rapist!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#407753 Dec 8, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you remember the hot mustard plasters, my Mother used that from colds to boils.
Home Remedies and Cures

Extracted and Excerpeted from Pennsylvania Dutch Folklore, Elmer L. Smith, Applied Arts Publishers, Lebanon, Pa, 1960

Tie onions on the wrist to take down a high fever .

Rub a stye with a gold wedding ring.

To cure whoping cough, obtain a piece of bread covered with apple butter from a person who has the same married surname as her maiden name.

For rheumatism wash the part of the body affected in the water in which potatoes have been boiled.

To relieve a headache a buckwheat cake placed on the head will remove pain.

To cure sore eyes, melt snow úrom the winter's first snowfall and wash eyes.

To repair a hernia get a forged nail, drive it into a piece of wood and keep the wood in a dry place.

To remove warts, cut an apple, a turnip or an onion into halves and rub the wart with the pieces and bury them under the eaves of the house.

To cure a person of Alcoholism, scrape the dirt that collects under his fingernails and put it in his whiskey.

To reduce inflammation, make a poultice of warm Cow dung.(This is also considered to make a good poultice to draw a boil to a head.)

To get rid of a corn, rub a wax candle on a corpse and then rub the same wax on the corn.

To cure piles, carry horseches.tnuts in your pockets.

Homesickness can be avoided by sewing salt and crumbs of bread into the petticoat of the female or in the seam of the suit coat of the male.
To cure a wound the afflicted person should urinate on it.

A tumor can be cured by stroking it with the right hand of a corpse.

Rub urine from a pregnant woman to gain a cure for pimples.

http://www.horseshoe.cc/pennadutch/culture/cu...

#407754 Dec 8, 2012
Suggested Prayer from a Facebook friend:

Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe Jesus Christ died on the Cross to forgive my sins. I believe that Jesus rose from the dead. I ask You to forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Savior today. I need You to be my Lord and Friend. I give You my life and ask You to take full control of it! Amen!

KayMarie

#407755 Dec 8, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
bethlehem is where they claim the myth was born. But the thing was, you said "a village in bethlehem" and I said, "bethlehem was a village", and there is not a village inside of a village.
No one you know is smart enough to put a video on to the internet? You are not smart enough to find some one who could?
Naw, I think you would be smart enough to find a kid, almost any kid knows how to upload a video. I would say that you are nothing more than a lair. I cannot think of a reason why you need to lie. Maybe your life sucks so bad in real life, so you come here to lie to people who cannot point and laugh at you.
I have a hard time believing that there are any christians on topix. I am sure that some claim to be christian in their real life, not because they believe, but because they want to belong.
~~~

Christian is as Christian does...

In the years that I have been on this forum...I have been called just about any name a person could be called..

Mo reason for being here is confront with the word of God...

I don't waste my time calling others names...

My disagreement is wit the institution called the Roman Catholic Church...

I do not wrestle against (people)flesh and blood,...

___

The Bible says...

2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
___

Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Eph 6:12 --> For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. <--

Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

#407756 Dec 8, 2012
who="preston"thanks a lot HS.
It amazes me those of us who call ourselves christians, are rising up calling each other lairs, and many other names.
LAST WEEK OR SO, SHE SAID THAT I WAS ATTACKING ORVILLE, WHO SAID ON HERE THAT HE PRAYED THAT GOD WOULD KILL ME AND HE HAS REPEATED IT SEVERAL TIMES
THEN I SHOWED ONE PAGE WHERE HE, ORVILLE ,ATTACKED ME 5 TIMES AND THERE ARE ONLY 20 POSTS PER PAGE.
I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY MR/MRS FRAUD(YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW) WOULD SIDE WITH HER AGAINST ME, WITH HER ALLEDGELY POOR EYESIGHT, SHE PROBALBY MISSED THAT PAGE EVEN THOUGH I POSTED IT A COUPLE OF TIMES FOR HER TO LOOK AT BUT LIKE THE LIAR THAT SHE HAS B EN PROVEN, NOT ONLY BY ME BUT BY REGGIE ET AL
Fell off the wagon, did you??
KM
Clay

Chicago, IL

#407757 Dec 8, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously, the books that everyone excepts were never in question so this is a moot point by the RCC. Silly stuff.
Its fair to point out that all of Christianity had the same number of books since the Church compiled a bible. That is, until Luther removed some.
Did a rogue Priest have the authority to remove any books from the Bible and still claim he's a Christian? I don't think so.
Btw, these are wonderful scripture to read.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#407758 Dec 8, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>thanks a lot HS.
It would be so nice if and when you decide to to take the focus of this thread off you and about you back to that one being of Christ and what he has done for man kind and not about what so and so said or done that offended Preston.
I think people are fed up with your whinning !!!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

#407759 Dec 8, 2012
Happy Sabbath to everybody !!!!
preston

Waverly, OH

#407760 Dec 8, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>thanks a lot HS.
I AM NOT ABOUT TO ALLOW PEOPLE LIKE LTM AND MRS FRAUD AKA SAPHRIRA TO JUDGE WHETHER I AM A CHRISTIAN OR NOT,

especially when both of them are well known to lie on this forum,

WHY WOULD ANTHONY HAVE CALLED HER SAPHRIRA IF HE DIDNT KNOW THAT SHE WAS AND IS A LIAR?

I make a mistake once in awhile, but if and when I do, I correct myself, and any person who would judge me for defending myself has to look inside themselves to find out what and where their priorities are at.

I KNOW where mine are at.

even the sda guy who hates me woulnt support Orville in praying me dead.

YET LTM SUPPORTED ORVILLE.

THERE IS A SIN OF COMISSION, AND THAT SIN IS WORSE THAN HER JUST LYING ABOUT ME.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#407761 Dec 8, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I watched it again! Still don't see a person matching jesus' description. I do see a guy posing as the catholic churches' creation of christ. Is that what you are trying to pass off as jesus?
I agree with you. The guy looked like Jim Morrison.
He looks like a fake Jesus... Like how a person might dress if they were doing a play. Its too wishy
Washy. It'd be cool if it really was though.

#407762 Dec 8, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
That a rape victim has to marry her rapist!
~~~

You keep citing the Levitical laws from the Old testament...

that only applied to the Israelite at that time,...

that has no relevance to/with us as gentiles..

You are not even in the same galaxy that we are...

no even the same time and space.

___

Pro_4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
preston

Waverly, OH

#407763 Dec 8, 2012
Fell off the wagon, did you??
KM
NOPE, BUT LIKE I SAID YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.

Ditto (ME, TOO)

KM

You knew that LTM was talking about me, just as I knew.

when you,Saphrira, put on the gloves against me, expect the same from me.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#407764 Dec 8, 2012
Somebody got this out, and I didn't know it. This is a condensed version of Jesus in Bulgaria. The tape had to be viewed by Bulgarian authorities before it left the country...and even those doing the tape did not see Him until they were viewing the tape back in America.
Personally know one of the singers.
http://youtu.be/M7TXMJiUJKo
KayMarie
KM, do you believe this is really?? I am a sceptic.
The bible warns us of this sort of thing.
I also don't believe it is real because Jesus hair would have been short would it of not.
preston

Waverly, OH

#407765 Dec 8, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>It would be so nice if and when you decide to to take the focus of this thread off you and about you back to that one being of Christ and what he has done for man kind and not about what so and so said or done that offended Preston.
I think people are fed up with your whinning !!!
excuse me but you are not a topix moderator, nor a god(yet according to your false religion)

I responded to a post that concerned me and LTM, if you dont like it, dont let the door hit you on the WAY out.

and the thread was about a Christian which lets you OUT!
preston

Waverly, OH

#407766 Dec 8, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
KM, do you believe this is really?? I am a sceptic.
The bible warns us of this sort of thing.
I also don't believe it is real because Jesus hair would have been short would it of not.
LOL, where is YOUR POOR EYESIGHT NOW?

are you going to use it as a excuse like you did the other day?

I REALLY DO BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE NO SHAME WHATSOEVER
LTM

#407767 Dec 8, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I AM NOT ABOUT TO ALLOW PEOPLE LIKE LTM AND MRS FRAUD AKA SAPHRIRA TO JUDGE WHETHER I AM A CHRISTIAN OR NOT,
especially when both of them are well known to lie on this forum,
WHY WOULD ANTHONY HAVE CALLED HER SAPHRIRA IF HE DIDNT KNOW THAT SHE WAS AND IS A LIAR?
I make a mistake once in awhile, but if and when I do, I correct myself, and any person who would judge me for defending myself has to look inside themselves to find out what and where their priorities are at.
I KNOW where mine are at.
even the sda guy who hates me woulnt support Orville in praying me dead.
YET LTM SUPPORTED ORVILLE.
THERE IS A SIN OF COMISSION, AND THAT SIN IS WORSE THAN HER JUST LYING ABOUT ME.
Preston, I don't have to say a word, your posts speak for themselves.
I was pointing the finger at myself as well Preston that is why I apologized.
LTM

#407768 Dec 8, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>NOPE, BUT LIKE I SAID YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.
Ditto (ME, TOO)
KM
You knew that LTM was talking about me, just as I knew.
when you,Saphrira, put on the gloves against me, expect the same from me.
Preston those who are first will be last and those who are last will be first in the Kingdom of God.
My post was not directed, directly at you personally.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••