Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658666 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#407939 Dec 8, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Lord now that you fed that troll we are going to have to hear him rant and rave another 2 months on an on about Orville and who did or didn't stand up and defend him or enter a covenant with him.
I may have to take a Sabbatical myself as soon as the Holidays are over.
You got that right. Like a little kid. Don't be her friend, she's a meanie. Be my friend instead. Somethin' ain't right with that one. Just sayin'.
preston

Athens, OH

#407940 Dec 8, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You need to stop the insults and grow up....Who ever you are your not funny or impressing....
he is some kind of troll and no one appreciates his weird and filthy humor.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#407941 Dec 8, 2012
who="preston" I have never known God to Punish any person for standing up for the truth. when she lies and gets caught, that is up to her, not me.
and at her age, she should quit lying and start worrying about my lost soul.
I am just a voice crying in the Wilderness

**********

I AM worried about your lost soul. You certainly ARE in the wilderness.

You are making up lies. What were those three changes you said I made in the nun story?

KayMarie
preston

Athens, OH

#407942 Dec 8, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
WITH SUCH GREAT CHRISTIAN ATTRIBUTES YOU ARE MANIFESTING...
I AM SURE THOSE THAT ARE OBSERVING YOUR ACTIONS HERE ON TOPIX
FROM AROUND THE GLOBE.... ARE GOING TO BUST YOUR CHURCH DOOR DOWN
WANTING TO BE A GREAT BAD MOUTHING CHRISTIAN JUST LIKE YOU..
do you really beleive that your fruadulent behavior and the lies that your wife tells is CHRIST LIKE.?

and I certainly dont belittle people like you. I try and get you two to be more truthful, not to mention more knowledgable about His Word

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#407943 Dec 8, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>08Dec12.....
....and by da vey,'ol JoeKennedy' was worser than da sicko son JFK.
Ps:....da vey he treated Rose, his wife and his 109 kids only confirms that he is roasting in Hell.
....right next to his mistress Olivia de Havilland.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Gloria Swanson

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#407944 Dec 8, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>he is some kind of troll and no one appreciates his weird and filthy humor.
Hello Preston...good to see you and hope you and your wife are well.
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

#407945 Dec 8, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
While fully affirming marriage and family life the Orthodox Church also affirms that the Lord calls some men and women to a life of celibacy.
MARRIAGE AND CELIBACY BOTH HONOUR GOD.
Both marriage and celibacy are ways of living the Gospel of Jesus Christ.Celibacy "for the sake of the kingdom" is a gift, a call. Other people are called to marriage.
Marriage implies sacrifice, maturity and dedication as well as responsible family development. Celibacy is likewise unthinkable without prayer, fasting, obedience, charity and ascetical perseverance.
Marriage must not be concluded to satisfy sexual needs. Neither must celibacy lead to inertia or egotism and irresponsibility.
People in both vocations fall short of the requirements of their state, but this does not diminish either vocation. nor does it mean that the individuals in question were "not really called" to that vocation. It is possible for us to fall short of our own true calling.
Celibacy is not unnatural nor unbiblical. "Be fruitful and multiply" is not binding upon every individual; rather, it is a general precept for the human race. Otherwise, every unmarried man and woman of marrying age would be in a state of sin by remaining single, and Jesus and Paul would be guilty of advocating sin as well as committing it.
Marriage is Holy .It is the Holiness of marriage that makes celibacy precious; for only what is good and holy in itself can be given up for God as a sacrifice. Just as fasting presupposes the goodness of food, celibacy presupposes the goodness of marriage.
Celibacy also affirms life. In the Old Testament the childless were often despised by others and themselves; only through children, it was felt, did one acquire value. By renouncing marriage, the celibate affirms the intrinsic value of each human life in itself, whether or not there are offspring.
Marriage and ordination are both Sacraments, and in both are positive and wonderful means of God's Grace.
Exactly!...and beautifully put. We are each called by God to a state in life, married or celibate, and we answer that call freely. If coercion is involved, the sacrament is not valid.
preston

Athens, OH

#407946 Dec 8, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="ReginaM"
No, it's that we both agree with the truth.
Spitefulness doesn't become you, Kay.
**********
Of course it doesn't, I'm not spiteful. You are the one throwing 'liar' and other snide remarks. I've said nothing demeaning about you. I've called no one a liar.
Very 'gracious' people...
KayMarie
that says volumes about regie, anthony, mr and mrs hermi, clay ,HOJO and some others.

you dont call them liars because they arent,yet you ditto a person like LTM who has also been caught in many lies like you have.

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I EVER CALLED THEM LIARS.NONE, THAT I CAN THINK OF.

the lying comes from what is supposed to be Christians, such as yourself

Since: Sep 12

Arlington, TX

#407947 Dec 8, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
While fully affirming marriage and family life the Orthodox Church also affirms that the Lord calls some men and women to a life of celibacy.

MARRIAGE AND CELIBACY BOTH HONOUR GOD.

Both marriage and celibacy are ways of living the Gospel of Jesus Christ.Celibacy "for the sake of the kingdom" is a gift, a call. Other people are called to marriage.

Marriage implies sacrifice, maturity and dedication as well as responsible family development. Celibacy is likewise unthinkable without prayer, fasting, obedience, charity and ascetical perseverance.

Marriage must not be concluded to satisfy sexual needs. Neither must celibacy lead to inertia or egotism and irresponsibility.

People in both vocations fall short of the requirements of their state, but this does not diminish either vocation. nor does it mean that the individuals in question were "not really called" to that vocation. It is possible for us to fall short of our own true calling.

Celibacy is not unnatural nor unbiblical. "Be fruitful and multiply" is not binding upon every individual; rather, it is a general precept for the human race. Otherwise, every unmarried man and woman of marrying age would be in a state of sin by remaining single, and Jesus and Paul would be guilty of advocating sin as well as committing it.

Marriage is Holy .It is the Holiness of marriage that makes celibacy precious; for only what is good and holy in itself can be given up for God as a sacrifice. Just as fasting presupposes the goodness of food, celibacy presupposes the goodness of marriage.

Celibacy also affirms life. In the Old Testament the childless were often despised by others and themselves; only through children, it was felt, did one acquire value. By renouncing marriage, the celibate affirms the intrinsic value of each human life in itself, whether or not there are offspring.

Marriage and ordination are both Sacraments, and in both are positive and wonderful means of God's Grace.
I believe 1 Corinthians 7 is where it talks about this in the bible.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#407948 Dec 8, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Seraphima" You need to stop the insults and grow up....Who ever you are your not funny or impressing....
**********
Hi. Good to see you back.
KayMarie
Nice to see you also...I dont plan to come often because I find the arguing very upsetting now.Its like I dont have time for it anymore.God Bless you and your husband.
preston

Athens, OH

#407949 Dec 8, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="preston" I have never known God to Punish any person for standing up for the truth. when she lies and gets caught, that is up to her, not me.
and at her age, she should quit lying and start worrying about my lost soul.
I am just a voice crying in the Wilderness
**********
I AM worried about your lost soul. You certainly ARE in the wilderness.
You are making up lies. What were those three changes you said I made in the nun story?
KayMarie
are you now saying that You didnt?
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#407950 Dec 8, 2012
The apocrypha contains historical errors, as we have pointed out earlier.Second Mccabees likewise contains numerou discrepencies in chronological, historical and numerical matters.
The Apocryphal also contains unbiblical doctrines. Among those is the doctrine of the Mass (2Maccc 12:42-45; contrast Hebrews 7:27); the notion that the world was created out of pre-existent matter (Wisdom of Solomon;contrast Gen. 1 and Psalm 33:9) and so on.Because we know that the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, and because the Apocrypha contains doctrines that contradict the Old and New Testaments. we may conclude that the Apocryphal books are NOT the Word of God. WHY? Because God does not contradict Himself.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#407951 Dec 8, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know why young men and women give up marriage, they do it for the kingdom of heaven ....it's in the bible. Why do you have a problem with people sacrificing earthly pleasure for Jesus's sake?
I have no problem with it if that is what they want to do Anthony.
when we pray and give ourselves over to God and say 'thy will be done,' we must be sure that it is Gods will for us.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#407952 Dec 8, 2012
who="Bat Foy"
You are touching on something I have always found to be a bad thing.
It isn't just the sinful of the world who would like to see bad happen to the Catholic Church. I was raised in a evangelical church when I was a kid we would hear about how bad the Catholic Church is. While I may not worship the way you do I still believe in the bible I follow the teachings of Christ I believe in God the father the son and the Holy Spirit. Christ came he died he arose 3 days later and sits in heaven with the father. This is the basis of Christianity why should it be divided the body of Christ isn't.
In the battle against the federal government requiring Contraception be covered in the churches insurance plans while it isn't an issue to me personally I back the Catholic Church. I see this as a major infraction into the rights of all believers.
Sorry I said to much my point is if Christ be our guide than why should we not support each other when we can see evil beating down the doors trying to divide the body of Christ.

**********
Good word, Bat. The communists in Russia put prisoners of different denominations in the same quarters, expecting that they would destroy each other. We should 'love one another' MORE than we love our church denomination.
When someone feels that others are not 'Christian' because they are not in 'their' church, they feel justified in demeaning them.

If you have not the love of God, you are none of His.

KayMarie

KayMarie
preston

Athens, OH

#407953 Dec 8, 2012
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Preston...good to see you and hope you and your wife are well.
yes, and I am so glad to see you and your husband back on here. the pain from the shingles is receding and i am glad of that.

cathie is sitting here watching Jewish Jesus. I was watching it until they requested money using your credit car. so I came back over here.

it is a shame that people get on TV and only want money, 5 minutes and I never one time heard him mention Jesus.

cathie took our granddaugther out Christmas shopping and then they cluttered up the living room. and the youndest came over and I told her that shehad to go with grandpa, he buys her anything.lol
4GVN

Saint Louis, MO

#407954 Dec 8, 2012
The Apocryphal was likesy not in the earliest versions of the Septuagent. It is true that late copies of the Septuagent include the Apocrypha, but scholars have noted that although the Septuagent was translated centuries before the time of Christ, it was apperently not until the fourth century AFTER Christ that the Apocrypha was appended to this translation. Scholars know of no Septuagent manuscripts earlier than the fourth century that contain the Apocrypha, suggesting that the Apocrypha was not in the original Septuagent.
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#407955 Dec 8, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Than if God is just rubbish why bother with your constant attempts to make believer see things your way? Do you spend so much time arguing the evidence of Easter bunny or contemplating if the tooth fairy is or isn't taking teeth? Do you go to the mall at Christmas and brow beat the kids waiting to see Santa? If you want to know about God great! This trying to kill others faith because you have none is rubbish and you know it.
Amen.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#407956 Dec 8, 2012
who="preston"are you now saying that You didnt?

**********

YOU said that I did. The burden of proof is on you.

Or do you just intend to put the suspicion in the minds of others?

KM

Since: Sep 12

Arlington, TX

#407957 Dec 8, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>I have never known God to Punish any person for standing up for the truth. when she lies and gets caught, that is up to her, not me.

and at her age, she should quit lying and start worrying about my lost soul.

I am just a voice crying in the Wilderness
Get off your butt find you some Jesus and cry no more! Read the bible Jesus will make it better darlin.
preston

Athens, OH

#407958 Dec 8, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="preston" I have never known God to Punish any person for standing up for the truth. when she lies and gets caught, that is up to her, not me.
and at her age, she should quit lying and start worrying about my lost soul.
I am just a voice crying in the Wilderness
**********
I AM worried about your lost soul. You certainly ARE in the wilderness.
You are making up lies. What were those three changes you said I made in the nun story?
KayMarie
anthony brought this up against you some time ago.
Anthony MN
United States
Reply ยป
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
|#407890
2 hrs ago Judged:
3
3
3
We both know Kay that you spread a lot of gossip and innuendo here. Between your stories about priests and refusing to admit that you posted stuff about the pope that was false, you have zero credibility .
REGGIE CAN ADDRESS YOU AND YOUR NUN STORY IF SHE WISHES, HOWEVER IT ISNT NECESSARY SINCE WE ALL HAVE SEEN IT.LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 13 hr Proud2Goson 10,242
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sep 25 Full Muslim stupid 13
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
News 'Unlikely that Pope Francis will go to Pristina' Sep 8 CCCC 1
More from around the web