Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
392,521 - 392,540 of 533,371 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I got into working with sex offenders in the 80's. Yopu are correct.The state of treatment was horribly misguided and off track. Offenders were either taken at their word that they would stop or sent into psychotherapy. Psychotherapy is and remains totally ineffective with sex offenders. We had to fight with a very well known psychiatric institute to try to start sex offender treatment at our institution.They said standard treatment would be sufficient. We traveled to Massachusettes to talk to a man named Nick Groth, who was a pioneer in sopecialized sex offender treatment in those days. From there to see Fay Honey Knopp etc and we started a program.For adolescents. Specialized sex offender treatment can be effective.
My point is the Church did what others were doing during that time frame.
What is most important is what they are doing in the present. Hopefully they are using the top of the line treatment. Hopefully the culture of denial where it existed is being corrected.
Exactly raising awareness is important, and in order to do that the denial by many who just point at the Catholic church is a reality. What is best to do those found guilty and to prevent them from doing it again is a work in progress. I think we are going to be seeing a lot more lawsuits against schools. If we are going to go back decades on them then its going to cost tax payers alot of money to put people who are dead on trial, which is what is pursued against the church. In Colorado legislation was introduced solely against the Catholic church to prosecute such cases. If Bishops are now going to be held accountable and they should be if they become aware and follow what they are instructed. Then, that same accountablity needs to apply to administrators of every organization or clear cut policies, procedures and penalties put in place. It does no good to single out one organization. People who really care about preventing abuse, stopping it and minimizing the damage these people do realize that.

In one city they put into play any Catholic Priest who was accused even if found not guilty who moves into a neighborhood must give the residents notice. Note: Only Catholic and Not even convicted just accused. How do things like that make people look at the problem at large? It doesnt! I was talking to a guy the other day who thinks we should give pedophiles more chances. No he wasnt Catholic. I asked him how many should they get. He shrugged his shoulders.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

1700 years of "CATHOLIC CHURCH DOCUMENTED" sexual abuse in the catholic church by its own clergy, with no ZERO tolerance EVER.

....again! DOCUMENTED by the catholic church itself, and catholics on this forum patting the church leaders on the back. SICKENING!

Learn the history of your church....below.

http://www.richardsipe.com/patrick_wall/wall-...

http://www.richardsipe.com/patrick_wall/execu...

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
FROM THE GLOBAL diabolical TRACK RECORD THAT HAS SURFACED ABOUT YOUR
ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH,
evidently SOME OF YOUR PRIEST seem to be unable to grasp the concept of
WHAT being a TRUE SERVANT OF GOD IS.
BEING envious of people who can willingly do WHAT THEY HAVE DONE...
IS BEYOND COMPREHENSION.
THE BIBLE SAYS..
Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
Eph 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
Eph 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
Eph 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
Eph 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
Eph 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
Eph 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
I feel so sorry for you. Hate and rage has taken you over and you don't know how to deal with it. I sincerely hope you have enough time to look within yourself and recognize it.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you D.S for taking the time to write these undeniable truths.
Maybe this will put to rest the daily barrage of sexual abuse posts directed at the Catholic Church.. Ya right NOT.
We all know these folks like Michael, have another agenda that has nothing to do with pedophila. They just use that topic as an excuse to be bigoted.
No evidence what-so -ever will tone this people.

Here is your churches history below, documented! again! documented by your church itself through its many canon laws and papal documents.

Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
DustStorm says ZERO tolerance!
You missed the train DustStorm.......the abuse stories in great numbers happened in the past. In the past where the church never acknowledged anything was wrong and ZERO tolerance was not invented yet.
You make up more excuses for criminal behavior. I will always be an advocate for abused or taken advantaged children/women or youth, while you will always be an advocate for finding more excuses for dirty old men in your church, who created this mess in the first place.
ZERO tolerance!(lol) 10 years too late!
UNBELIEVABLE!
You're equivalent to every pedophile puke on the planet.
Why?
Because you use this subject as a platform to launch your anti Catholic tirade. That's all. The statistics don't warrant your odd obsession of this subject. So why do you use an evil like child sexual abuse for your own personal vendetta?
Sick sick sick.
People would have to be blind to not see that you struggle with attraction to children. Its simple psychology 101.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is your churches history below, documented! again! documented by your church itself through its many canon laws and papal documents.
Richard Sipe? Yawn.

Got any other shocking breaking news? Lol

Busted!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, why has the Southern Baptist Convention faught so hard to not keep records of accused offenders in their ranks? Why have other protestant denominations refused to have investigations into their groups? My guess is that they'd rather keep the spotlight on the Catholic Church.
Anthony says.....

......Also, why has the Southern Baptist Convention faught so hard to not keep records of accused offenders in their ranks? Why have other protestant denominations refused to have investigations into their groups?

Michael says....

Lets put them all in jail anthony. Right? Any convicted protestant clergy, catholic clergy and any clergy who lied, and covered up these crimes as well........right Anthony?

If priests, ministers, rabbis, catholic bishops who LIED and COVERED up to protect the criminals they too should be charged........agree Anthony?

Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Michael wrote:
1700 years of "CATHOLIC CHURCH DOCUMENTED" sexual abuse in the catholic church by its own clergy, with no ZERO tolerance EVER.
....again! DOCUMENTED by the catholic church itself, and catholics on this forum patting the church leaders on the back. SICKENING!
Learn the history of your church....below.
http://www.richardsipe.com/patrick_wall/wall-...
Your image on this thread is that of a troubled individual Mike.
Do you realize how not normal it is to post about this subject around the clock ...everyday for the last two yrs.

I could be wrong, but you even went as far to say you were molested by a Priest. I won't bother going back two yrs to find the post.. I know you later denied it- so I have to take your word for it now. After all, you seem like an honest person. Lol
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, why has the Southern Baptist Convention faught so hard to not keep records of accused offenders in their ranks? Why have other protestant denominations refused to have investigations into their groups? My guess is that they'd rather keep the spotlight on the Catholic Church.
Well, that may be true for some, but that it would shine the light on them and cost them alot of money and shame and theyre would be alot of people who never really got saved, but they can know for sure as the saying goes. They were never really srong in the faith anyway as KM would say. As I have said before the people in here don't really care about the abused. Its more important to have a false card to play living in a delusional world of denial.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're equivalent to every pedophile puke on the planet.
Why?
Because you use this subject as a platform to launch your anti Catholic tirade. That's all. The statistics don't warrant your odd obsession of this subject. So why do you use an evil like child sexual abuse for your own personal vendetta?
Sick sick sick.
People would have to be blind to not see that you struggle with attraction to children. Its simple psychology 101.
The statistics don't warrant you says

1700 YEARS! 17 CENTURIES recorded in YOUR OWN catholic canon laws..........and you still don't want to believe it.

I have ONLY stated ever that I stand up for anyone abused, man woman or child, and you Mr Puke haven't got the cohonies to even say you support any victims of abuse, you only have the FEAR instilled in you to continue to stand up for an organization that has paid out over $3 Billion in lawsuits for thousands of abusive clergy and countless numbers of lieing, deceiving bishops who kept these most disgusting secrets from you and all other catholics and the authorities and now after 1700 years decide its time to come clean.........SHAME ON YOU!

I will always stand up for anyone taken adavantage of, and you just keep deflecting the issue onto others, where you should also be standing up against anyone taken advantage of.

You are totally silent on that issue.......UNBELIEVABLE!

BUSTED!
Live Action

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too Hermie. It's such a tremendous sacrifice. The vicious criticism coming from the non-Catholics here is a sad testimony of the unwillingness of so many to offer up in sacrifice their personal desires for the glory of God.
no what is going on is the truth is coming out the truth is what you can not stand...
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You owe me ten minutes of my life that I wasted reading that crap. I'll never get it back again thank you very much.
Nice life you got Miguel..
You wake up and you think about *child sexual abuse

You have a cup of coffee and think *child sexual abuse

You eat some breakfast *child sexual abuse

You have lunch and think *child sexual abuse

Dinner *child sexual abuse

Very sick my friend.

To think, its not even any worse in the cc than any other institution on the planet- or any family on the planet!

We wouldn't know this if Michael brought us the news
Lol
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says.....
......Also, why has the Southern Baptist Convention faught so hard to not keep records of accused offenders in their ranks? Why have other protestant denominations refused to have investigations into their groups?
Michael says....
Lets put them all in jail anthony. Right? Any convicted protestant clergy, catholic clergy and any clergy who lied, and covered up these crimes as well........right Anthony?
If priests, ministers, rabbis, catholic bishops who LIED and COVERED up to protect the criminals they too should be charged........agree Anthony?
The jig is up Mike. You're transparent to most here. Find another forum.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Live Action wrote:
<quoted text>no what is going on is the truth is coming out the truth is what you can not stand...
It must be miserable to live a life where the only satisfaction one gets is the tearing down of others.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>thanks for asking,i'll be fine,i hope,my doctor is just concerned about my unexplainable weight loss and the run down tired feeling i constantly have,and he believes it is because of the chemo drug i take,he has told me i should stop working and go on disability,he's been trying for a year to get me to do,but i don't feel comfortable doing it,because i'm not disabled to the point that it would kill me to do what i do,it's not an easy job but it helps keep me in good shape, so i thought,but they think otherwise,my family is pushing me also to go on disability. the big factor will be money,what i'd be getting on a monthly basis will factor into any decission i make,i have time to think it through and that's what i'm going to do for now.
I am so glad there is no cancer Jethro, that is wonderful.
Chemo is a very heavy drug, loss of strength and tiredness is one of the side effects isn't it, Do you take it every day??
If you enjoy your job, and feel you want to keep working Jethro, that is great its important for your self esteem I think.
I don't think people would think least of you if you did take the doctor's advise. You are fighting a tough battle Jethro and the enemy is heartless.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You owe me ten minutes of my life that I wasted reading that crap. I'll never get it back again thank you very much.
Nice life you got Miguel..
You wake up and you think about *child sexual abuse
You have a cup of coffee and think *child sexual abuse
You eat some breakfast *child sexual abuse
You have lunch and think *child sexual abuse
Dinner *child sexual abuse
Very sick my friend.
To think, its not even any worse in the cc than any other institution on the planet- or any family on the planet!
We wouldn't know this if Michael brought us the news
Lol
I've often wondered if it might be a good idea to have the authorities go through Mike's computer...
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is all very nice, Dan, and in a sense I agree with you since the reality is that there *are* many different expressions. However, it begs the question: was there supposed to be? In faithfulness to the Gospel, with a clear conscience, can you honestly say it was Christ's intention to have different expressions of His truth? I can't...and I'm not talking about practices, rituals, etc.
Regina,I had the priviledge years ago to spend a year and several months in South Wales,the city of Swansea.Like everywhere else in Europe and the Americas,a given city has a hodge podge of many Christian churches,all different affiliations ans so on.The college I attended there was an evangelical one,it was not basically any one particular Christian denomination,although it never was referred to as non-denominational,as the Brits view that subject differently than we do.

I can recall that not more than three persons were part of one particular denomination,but that almost every group in the Prot world was represented.We had :Anglicans,Presbyterians,Congr egationalists,Evangelicals(and Pentecostals)
all under the same roof,all missionary minded.There were some differences in the way people viewed baptism and communion,but for the most part we all were Christ centered,Bible oriented,and believing in the basics of the Christian faith:HIS life,Incarnation,teachings,suf fering,Crucifixion,Death and RESURRECTION.We all read the same Bible,and worked together in ministries,which included going to hospitals,prisons,street ministries,and the local churches.

Although we might have our differences,and knew about them,we made it our goal to work together as a common goal to be a blessing from the College to the Community.And we saw the fruit of our joint efforts as well.The Anglicans were much like the Catholics so we saw that tradition on a regular basis.Also at times we went to the Liturgical Mass of the Anglicans which is Catholic,minus the Papacy.Although as evangelicals we did not make a practice of going with our Anglican brothers to their mass,we never argued with them about their beliefs in regards to Communion,which is typically Catholic.

Now you have to realize Regina,that we all were confident in our own experience with Christ,and the college was basically evangelical,our services were plain and simple,not Anglican at all.But we made it our choice to serve Christ and to work together with the Anglicans who were considered Catholics.A priest from the community spoke to the men's groups on several occasions,and he wore the Roman Collar,and preached and taughty,with us being totally respectful to his position,and seeing him as a brother in Christ.

It is Christ whom we preach,and His life,death and resurrection.The fact that He is God,Incarnate,and that He will return again to bring the Holy Kingdom of the Father in reality to this sick world.So with the same message of Hope in Christ the Son of God,and God the Son,we continue as believers to spread the good news of the Gospel.Maybe with a different twist as it were,but with the same Holy Spirit and His power to move human hearts.

You must take in consideration the Power of the Holy Spirit to change hearts and minds toward Christ,and the many expressions of Christian endeavor reach the many different types of people,and challenges in this world.Prots and their many groups can reach people groups that would never respond to a Catholic priest and formal mass.It is obvious these days that many people are being reached who would never step foot in a church like the one you attend,yet are open to hearing the Gospel.The same faith of truth and Christ,but a different approach in delivering the Holy Message.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says.....
Michael says....
I know for certain, that every Catholic on here has stated their disgust with the guilty clergy and those who covered for them.
Some, like myself, said "hang em".
I know you know this was said by me, because we talked about it.
Yet, when we finally respond to your 20,000 posts, you accuse us for defending the Church and not the victim.
Face it, nothing will satisfy you til the Church closes its doors and disappears.
Well, it must make your blood boil to know the Church will be around long after your dead and gone. We had Michaels spewing anti Catholic junk in every decade since Saint Peter. We're still here.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your image on this thread is that of a troubled individual Mike.
Do you realize how not normal it is to post about this subject around the clock ...everyday for the last two yrs.
I could be wrong, but you even went as far to say you were molested by a Priest. I won't bother going back two yrs to find the post.. I know you later denied it- so I have to take your word for it now. After all, you seem like an honest person. Lol
ReginaM. started off this story yesterday. Why don't you post the same thing to her?

You keep making up excuses for the biggest disgusting story in your church in 500 years.

I personally know a two people who were molested by roman catholic priests and one was a girl who is today a middle aged woman..........and you just keep up with your excuses for these bad asses, that have been caught and the rest of them that still roam the churches today.

I can't believe that anyone can find an excuse to cover up a 1700 years of criminal behavior that was all kept secret........and you think thats OK.

1700 years.......DOCUMENTED by your own church records...

I will always be an advocate for anyone taken adavantage of and you will ALWAYS defend those that were the perpitrators.

Doesn't say much good about you Clay does it?

UNBELIEVABLE...

4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus (and St. Paul) praised a celibate priesthood and religious life. He says it's a gift from God. It is without question biblical.
Your continuous criticism of this practice tells me you have a deep-seated animosity towards the Catholic faith and you probably have resentment and/or jealousy of men and women who are willing to forego sexual intimacy in their dedication to the kingdom.
And your continued cheap shots at the abuse of minors by a small percentage of sick and disturbed men who should never have been priests tells me you have no other argument than to dig into the gutter for ammunition. That's a very unchristian thing to do.
As usual, you have completly ignored the facts. THE FACT is that NIETHER JESUS (or St. PAUL) mandated such a state for the ministry. If JESUS Himself did not make such a requirement, why does the RCC think they have a right to place restrictions on the calling of the man of God that God Himself did NOT place? Your silly response is like Obamaha playing the race card any time someone questions his leadership. You try to imply that it is somehow wrong and unchristian to address the FACT of the world wide sex abuse scandal that rocked the whole world. It is niether wrong nor unchristian to deal with the reality of the problem and look into the factors that paved the way for it to happen. So get real. The real question is why the RCC took it upon themselves to MANDATE a requirement for GOD'S ministers that GOD HIMSELF NEVER MANDATED? And why 1000 yrs after thier inception? Question: WERE THEY WRONG THE FIRST 1000 YRS? OR ARE THEY WRONG NOW? Can you answer the question?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Hebrewsunite 8,193
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 4 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 31
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 7 hr psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 13 hr ELIAS IBARRA 60
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••