Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
392,501 - 392,520 of 537,128 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>thanks for your concern LT,i'm ok,the problem is i'm burnt out,my job is physical and the chemo drugs are burning me out,i'll be leaving work for awhile under protest,but dr. insists i take time off regroup get tests done plus an mri and see what's going on,i'm on a 12,000 calorie diet a day and i'm not putting any weight on,and i failed a stress test,meaning lifting weights and so forth,i use to be able to bench press 225 lbs 20 times dead lift 400 lbs,i'm down to 10 times each then i get extremely tired,i have no signs of cancer, and that is the puzzling part.it could be the chemo drug that is doing this to me.
Jethro I wish tyhe best for you.You are in Seraphima and my thoughts and prayers.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

According to CARA, here are the numbers of accusations involving a current minor that were even deemed "credible" each year from 2005 to 2011:
Year /# of accusations

2011 7
2010 8
2009 6
2008 10
2007 4
2006 14
2005 9

Meanwhile, according to government numbers, in 2010 alone, there were some 63,527 reported cases of child sexual abuse in the United States an alarming societal problem that has received scant media attention.

A 2004 U.S. Department of Education report reported that "the most accurate data available" reveals that "nearly 9.6 percent of [public school] students are targets of educator sexual misconduct sometime during their school career."

This result prompted Hofstra University's Dr. Charol Shakeshaft, the author of the study, to opine in 2006, "[T]hink the Catholic Church has a problem? The physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by priests."

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Now would be a good time for you to study Matt. 19:11-12, Matt. 19:29, 1 Cor 7:1, 1 Cor. 7:7, 1 Cor. 7:27, 1 Cor. 7:32-33, 38, Isaiah 56:3-7, Jer. 16:1-4.
~~~
I have pasted the above scriptures here...

You left out a KEY VERSE in your attempting to make your point...

NOTE
verse

1Co 7:6 But I speak this by ==>permission,<=== and

not of===>commandment. <===

PERMISSION DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED IN 1 COR 7:6

G4774
&#963;&#965;&#947; &#947;&#957;&#969; &#769;&#956;&#951;
suggno&#772;me&#772;
soong-gno'-may
From a compound of G4862 and G1097; fellow knowledge, that is, concession:- permission.

COMMANDMENT DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED IN 1COR 7:6

G2003
&#949;&#787;&#960; &#953;&#964;&#945; &#947;&#951;&#769;
epitage&#772;
ep-ee-tag-ay'
From G2004; an injunction or decree; by implication authoritativeness:- authority, commandment.

ALL YOUR SCRIPTURES THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN 1COR CHAPTER 7... ARE PREDICATED UPON ==>PERMISSION AND NOT BY COMMANDMENT,<===

WHICH MEANS THE APOSTLE PAUL HERE....

WAS GIVING HIS PERSONAL OPINION.

1Co 7:1 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.

1Co 7:7 For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.

1Co 7:38 So then he that giveth her in marriage doeth well; but he that giveth her not in marriage doeth better.

1Co 7:27 Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife.

1Co 7:32 But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord:

1Co 7:33 But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife.

THESE SCRIPTURES BELOW ..YOU HAVE TAKEN OUT OF THEIR CONTEXT

THEY DO NOT APPLY

Isa 56:3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.
Isa 56:4 For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;
Isa 56:5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

Isa 56:6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

Isa 56:7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

Jer 16:1 The word of the LORD came also unto me, saying,

Jer 16:2 Thou shalt not take thee a wife, neither shalt thou have sons or daughters in this place.

Jer 16:3 For thus saith the LORD concerning the sons and concerning the daughters that are born in this place, and concerning their mothers that bare them, and concerning their fathers that begat them in this land;

Jer 16:4 They shall die of grievous deaths; they shall not be lamented; neither shall they be buried; but they shall be as dung upon the face of the earth: and they shall be consumed by the sword, and by famine; and their carcases shall be meat for the fowls of heaven, and for the beasts of the earth.

IN CONCLUSION YOU ...

DON'T HAVE ANY COMMANDMENT

FROM GOD THAT A PRIEST SHOULD NOT MARRY...BE CELIBATE.

---
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

A Meanwhile, that same 2004 report cited an important study from the mid-1990s:
"In an early [1994] study of 225 cases of educator sexual abuse in New York, all of the accused had admitted to sexual abuse of a student but none of the abusers was reported to authorities."

That is an important and alarming fact:

Number of abusive educators: 225
Number reported to police: 0

So, in other words, as recently as 1994, it was the universal practice in New York among school administrators not to call police to report abusers.

The 1994 study also reported that only 1 percent of those abusive educators lost their license. In addition, most alarmingly, "25 percent received no consequence or were reprimanded informally and off-the-record. Nearly 39 percent chose to leave the district, most with positive recommendations or even retirement packages intact."

http://www.themediareport.com/fast-facts/
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>If they are accepable for the priesthood as married (converts) why would they not be equally acceptable as married(non-converts)?
We do have some (very few) non-convert married priests, I even know a widower priest with children and grandchildren. It's not an absolute. You seem to be unable to grasp the concept of men and women who VOLUNTARILY choose this path. Are you envious of people who can willingly do this?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>08Dec12.....
......Naw.
You are the LIAR hereIN and so envious and jealous of the Roman Catholic Church that you jest cannot handle anything good that people say about it.
Ps:....Your problem is dat you got buggered early on in life and that you are 'sore' dat you don't have a cock to use.
Have a nice day.
.....Get lost. Phuck Off.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
I hope I am not being too forward but I must say that I am greatly impressed by your elegant posts. I am an executive at hallmark cards. We would like you to come in for a job with us.
Sincerely
U B Profane

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
USA Today, June 6, 2010:
"If anyone believes that priests offend at a higher rate than teachers or non-celibate clergy, then they should produce the evidence on which they are basing that conclusion. I know of none. Saying 'everybody knows' does not constitute scientific methodology."
Dr. Philip Jenkins, Pennsylvania State University.
From the 1950s through the 1970s, the Catholic Church, following the then-prevailing societal practice, sent suspected abusers to psychologists rather than calling the police.
In this respect, the Church was far from alone. When the Church was sending accused priests to psychological treatment, "the criminal justice system was doing the very same thing with convicted offenders sending them to treatment instead of prison."
"From the 1950's to the 1980's, these treatment-based interventions for sexual criminals were not only enormously prevalent in the United States, but surveys of ordinary citizens showed that they were enormously popular
"[T]he science of human sexuality and sexual offending is extraordinarily young. Virtually all of the information we utilize today regarding the treatment and supervision of sexual offenders has been discovered since 1985."
Dr. Monica Applewhite, Ph.D.
I got into working with sex offenders in the 80's. Yopu are correct.The state of treatment was horribly misguided and off track. Offenders were either taken at their word that they would stop or sent into psychotherapy. Psychotherapy is and remains totally ineffective with sex offenders. We had to fight with a very well known psychiatric institute to try to start sex offender treatment at our institution.They said standard treatment would be sufficient. We traveled to Massachusettes to talk to a man named Nick Groth, who was a pioneer in sopecialized sex offender treatment in those days. From there to see Fay Honey Knopp etc and we started a program.For adolescents. Specialized sex offender treatment can be effective.
My point is the Church did what others were doing during that time frame.

What is most important is what they are doing in the present. Hopefully they are using the top of the line treatment. Hopefully the culture of denial where it existed is being corrected.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus (and St. Paul) praised a celibate priesthood and religious life. He says it's a gift from God. It is without question biblical.
Your continuous criticism of this practice tells me you have a deep-seated animosity towards the Catholic faith and you probably have resentment and/or jealousy of men and women who are willing to forego sexual intimacy in their dedication to the kingdom.
And your continued cheap shots at the abuse of minors by a small percentage of sick and disturbed men who should never have been priests tells me you have no other argument than to dig into the gutter for ammunition. That's a very unchristian thing to do.
For the Orthodox the monastics are the front line against the dark forces.ike the soldiers that they are, they abstain from sex, from wealth, etc and fight the battle every day against the passions and against the Deceiver.I can do nothing but admire them and admire anyone who sacrifices for God.They humble me.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church's record of aggressive and proactive protective measures is unparalleled in any organization today. Since the beginning of the abuse crisis, the Catholic Church:
has instituted a "zero tolerance" policy in which any credibly accused priest is immediately removed from ministry. Law enforcement is also notified;
has trained over 5 million children in giving them skills to protect them from abuse;
has trained over 2 million adults, including 99 percent of all priests, in recognizing signs of abuse;
has conducted over 2 million background checks, including those in the intensified screening process for aspiring seminarians and priests;
has installed "Victim Assistance Coordinators" in every diocese, "assuring victims that they will be heard";
has conducted annual audits of all dioceses to monitor compliance with the groundbreaking 2002 Charter for Protection of Children and Young People;
has instituted in all dioceses abuse review boards often composed of child welfare experts, child psychologists, and abuse experts to examine claims of abuse against priests.
No other organization even comes close to implementing the measures the Catholic Church has taken to protect children in its care. In this regard, the Catholic Church in the 21st century is the model for other institutions to follow in the safeguarding of youth.
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/1...
cont.
DustStorm ....says..

..The Catholic Church's record of aggressive and proactive protective measures is unparalleled in any organization today. Since the beginning of the abuse crisis, the Catholic Church:

MICHAEL says....

BALONY! The only reason your church is NOW acting on these abuse claims is because so many cases came about, the church leaders couldn't LIE and COVER them up anymore. How pro-active was your church 5 years ago? 50 years ago? 1700 years ago? ZERO!!

Never did the clergy go to the police to report these crimes, it was always the victims or their families and you have the nerve patting your church leaders on the back.

The very bishops who just a few years ago LIED, DECEIVED, and COVERED up for these criminal clergy, from you, all catholics and the police authorities, have now been put in charge of blowing the whistle on the very clergy they covered up for in the first place.

UNBELIEVABLE!

You never show remorse for the victims, you always look for excuses for the perpitrators in your church. How disgusting is that?

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I got into working with sex offenders in the 80's. Yopu are correct.The state of treatment was horribly misguided and off track. Offenders were either taken at their word that they would stop or sent into psychotherapy. Psychotherapy is and remains totally ineffective with sex offenders. We had to fight with a very well known psychiatric institute to try to start sex offender treatment at our institution.They said standard treatment would be sufficient. We traveled to Massachusettes to talk to a man named Nick Groth, who was a pioneer in sopecialized sex offender treatment in those days. From there to see Fay Honey Knopp etc and we started a program.For adolescents. Specialized sex offender treatment can be effective.
What is most important is what they are doing in the present. Hopefully they are using the top of the line treatment. Hopefully the culture of denial where it existed is being corrected.
Hermi, who cares about physco therapy or treatment. YOU CALL THE POLICE WHEN A CRIME IS COMMITTED! Period!

During that time period! Anytime period in the past if a man molested or raped a woman the police were called. They didn't call a pychiatrist.

More BS! excuses especially for the LIEING, DECEIVING and COVERING UP of these FELONY CRIMES by the BISHOPS.

There is no EXCUSE for criiminal behavior.

Nearly 3 Billion dollars paid out so far for criminal behavior by catholic clergy. The money that was not covered by insurance was paid for by you and all other catholics who put money on the collection plates, nothing from the actually molestors or lieing Bishops who created this mess in the first place.

1700 years of sexual abuse by catholic clergy, and that is all you got?

UNBELIEVABLE!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I have pasted the above scriptures here...
You left out a KEY VERSE in your attempting to make your point...
NOTE
verse
1Co 7:6 But I speak this by ==>permission,<=== and
not of===>commandment. <===
PERMISSION DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED IN 1 COR 7:6
G4774
&#963;&#965;&#947; &#947;&#957;&#969; &#769;&#956;&#951;
suggno&#772;me&#772;
soong-gno'-may
From a compound of G4862 and G1097; fellow knowledge, that is, concession:- permission.
COMMANDMENT DEFINED IN GREEK AS USED IN 1COR 7:6
G2003
&#949;&#787;&#960; &#953;&#964;&#945; &#947;&#951;&#769;
epitage&#772;
ep-ee-tag-ay'
From G2004; an injunction or decree; by implication authoritativeness:- authority, commandment.
ALL YOUR SCRIPTURES THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN 1COR CHAPTER 7... ARE PREDICATED UPON ==>PERMISSION AND NOT BY COMMANDMENT,<===
WHICH MEANS THE APOSTLE PAUL HERE....
WAS GIVING HIS PERSONAL OPINION.
1Co 7:1 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
1Co 7:7 For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.
1Co 7:38 So then he that giveth her in marriage doeth well; but he that giveth her not in marriage doeth better.
1Co 7:27 Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife.
1Co 7:32 But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord:
1Co 7:33 But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife.
THESE SCRIPTURES BELOW ..YOU HAVE TAKEN OUT OF THEIR CONTEXT
THEY DO NOT APPLY
Isa 56:3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.
Isa 56:4 For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;
Isa 56:5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
Isa 56:6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
Isa 56:7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
Jer 16:1 The word of the LORD came also unto me, saying,
Jer 16:2 Thou shalt not take thee a wife, neither shalt thou have sons or daughters in this place.
Jer 16:3 For thus saith the LORD concerning the sons and concerning the daughters that are born in this place, and concerning their mothers that bare them, and concerning their fathers that begat them in this land;
Jer 16:4 They shall die of grievous deaths; they shall not be lamented; neither shall they be buried; but they shall be as dung upon the face of the earth: and they shall be consumed by the sword, and by famine; and their carcases shall be meat for the fowls of heaven, and for the beasts of the earth.
IN CONCLUSION YOU ...
DON'T HAVE ANY COMMANDMENT
FROM GOD THAT A PRIEST SHOULD NOT MARRY...BE CELIBATE.
---
Remember, it's a discipline, not a dogmatic teaching of the faith. So, in your opinion, following the opinions of Jesus and St. Paul is wrong?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>I got into working with sex offenders in the 80's. Yopu are correct.The state of treatment was horribly misguided and off track. Offenders were either taken at their word that they would stop or sent into psychotherapy. Psychotherapy is and remains totally ineffective with sex offenders. We had to fight with a very well known psychiatric institute to try to start sex offender treatment at our institution.They said standard treatment would be sufficient. We traveled to Massachusettes to talk to a man named Nick Groth, who was a pioneer in sopecialized sex offender treatment in those days. From there to see Fay Honey Knopp etc and we started a program.For adolescents. Specialized sex offender treatment can be effective.
Read about Richard Sipe......who spent over 25 years studying celebacy and sexual behavior of catholic clergy.

http://www.richardsipe.com/Comments/2005-12-3...

http://www.richardsipe.com/Comments/2012-04-0...

...http://www.richardsipe.com/ Media/2010-04-28-ncr.htm
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church's record of aggressive and proactive protective measures is unparalleled in any organization today. Since the beginning of the abuse crisis, the Catholic Church:
has instituted a "zero tolerance" policy in which any credibly accused priest is immediately removed from ministry. Law enforcement is also notified;
has trained over 5 million children in giving them skills to protect them from abuse;
has trained over 2 million adults, including 99 percent of all priests, in recognizing signs of abuse;
has conducted over 2 million background checks, including those in the intensified screening process for aspiring seminarians and priests;
has installed "Victim Assistance Coordinators" in every diocese, "assuring victims that they will be heard";
has conducted annual audits of all dioceses to monitor compliance with the groundbreaking 2002 Charter for Protection of Children and Young People;
has instituted in all dioceses abuse review boards often composed of child welfare experts, child psychologists, and abuse experts to examine claims of abuse against priests.
No other organization even comes close to implementing the measures the Catholic Church has taken to protect children in its care. In this regard, the Catholic Church in the 21st century is the model for other institutions to follow in the safeguarding of youth.
cont.
Also, why has the Southern Baptist Convention faught so hard to not keep records of accused offenders in their ranks? Why have other protestant denominations refused to have investigations into their groups? My guess is that they'd rather keep the spotlight on the Catholic Church.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>In light of your affirmation that Jesus paid for all of your sins at Calvery, and with the hope that you understand that that payment is accredited to ones account the moment they accept by faith the Saviour, how can you possibly believe in purgatory? And why would you want to? There is no such place,nor is it needed. Jesus paid it all in full.
4GVN good friend

When one accepts Christ as Saviour, does that automatically make null and void the effects of sin in this life, or the next?

Yes the wages of sin is death, but the effects of sin in our life still exists. And our souls become soiled with sin. Some may be instantly cured of say drug addiction, or adultery, or stealing, but in general the fight of the flesh and spirit is one until the day he dies. And the stains of guilt are deep.

So for instance, an alcoholic accepts Christ as Saviour, stops drinking, and then drinks again....(A sinner accepts Christ, but falls back into the ways of the natural man, but still accepts Christ as Saviour.)

This means that person is unclean, even though saved. And in Revelation 21:27, nothing unclean will enter heaven.

So on earth we are given the process of sanctification, being made cleaned. People achieve varying degrees of sanctification in this life. If that process has not removed entirely our uncleaness, how can one enter heaven?(In light of Rev 21:27)?

Only one way, and God puts us through a Final Process, of Purgatory, or trial by fire(the Holy Spirit), after we are dead.

As Christian, I see it more a joyful thing that God has provided us just such a hopeful process. For one's Final Destination is assurred, though it is more painful in the spirit after one has died....
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes---and the other 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world, including myself, Clay, Regina, Anthony and others on this forum ALSO KNOW THE TRUTH, over 2000 years of PROVEN historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church--the Bride of Christ.-------You deny it!!(your choice)----
By-the-way-----Jethro8-----I hope that you are recovering and feeling better! Blessings!!!
Give it up HOJO!

You keep up your "one man band crusade" that gives bogus numbers of PRACTICING baptized catholics, you base your one true church on stories written by men that you haven't got the foggiest personal clue who the actual men were that wrote these stories, you don't know where these stories were written and you don't know the dates these stories were written as you continue with your one man drum beating crusade, another bunch of catholics have left the fold.

Keep believing we don't care, if you check the numbers on this forum you will find there are probably just as man EX-CATHOLICS as there are practicing catholics. Not good is it?

BUSTED!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>For the Orthodox the monastics are the front line against the dark forces.ike the soldiers that they are, they abstain from sex, from wealth, etc and fight the battle every day against the passions and against the Deceiver.I can do nothing but admire them and admire anyone who sacrifices for God.They humble me.
Me too Hermie. It's such a tremendous sacrifice. The vicious criticism coming from the non-Catholics here is a sad testimony of the unwillingness of so many to offer up in sacrifice their personal desires for the glory of God.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We do have some (very few) non-convert married priests, I even know a widower priest with children and grandchildren. It's not an absolute. You seem to be unable to grasp the concept of men and women who VOLUNTARILY choose this path. Are you envious of people who can willingly do this?
~~~

FROM THE GLOBAL diabolical TRACK RECORD THAT HAS SURFACED ABOUT YOUR

ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH,

evidently SOME OF YOUR PRIEST seem to be unable to grasp the concept of

WHAT being a TRUE SERVANT OF GOD IS.

BEING envious of people who can willingly do WHAT THEY HAVE DONE...

IS BEYOND COMPREHENSION.

THE BIBLE SAYS..

Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Eph 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

Eph 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

Eph 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Eph 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

Eph 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

Eph 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
cont.
DustStorm says ZERO tolerance!

You missed the train DustStorm.......the abuse stories in great numbers happened in the past. In the past where the church never acknowledged anything was wrong and ZERO tolerance was not invented yet.

You make up more excuses for criminal behavior. I will always be an advocate for abused or taken advantaged children/women or youth, while you will always be an advocate for finding more excuses for dirty old men in your church, who created this mess in the first place.

ZERO tolerance!(lol) 10 years too late!

UNBELIEVABLE!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Read about Richard Sipe......who spent over 25 years studying celebacy and sexual behavior of catholic clergy.
http://www.richardsipe.com/Comments/2005-12-3...
http://www.richardsipe.com/Comments/2012-04-0...
...http://www.richardsipe.com/ Media/2010-04-28-ncr.htm
I think you can sense your agenda slipping away here as people are tiring your pathtic drumbeat of the sex abuse topic. It must be like an alcoholic loooking at the last drop of vodka in his bottle, he's desperate for more, but he's out of cash. Take my advice Mike and find another forum, or better yet, do something nice for your wife today.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
cont.
Thank you D.S for taking the time to write these undeniable truths.
Maybe this will put to rest the daily barrage of sexual abuse posts directed at the Catholic Church.. Ya right NOT.

We all know these folks like Michael, have another agenda that has nothing to do with pedophila. They just use that topic as an excuse to be bigoted.

No evidence what-so -ever will tone this people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••