Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,621)

Showing posts 392,401 - 392,420 of532,068
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
The exact teaching of the CC can be traced back to Babylon, 2000 years before Christ.
What I find interesting is the EXACT teaching, not some teachings etc.
This is the first time I heard that the UN will dismantle the Catholic Church. Will this happen before or after they dismantle the Jihadists?
Same time. Religion has hindered peace forever.
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="ReginaM"
Yes, I'm well, thank you for asking. Please do keep the many who are still suffering from the storm in your prayers, particularly those who lost their primary residence and are struggling financially.
Your answer is quite a bit different from your previous posts, Kay. The priesthood is a choice, an answer to God's call. No one goes into it in ignorance. We're all fallen creatures, God knows this when He calls these men to serve Him. Much time, usually years, is spent in discernment of the vocation. Is adultery an indication that the married state isn't valid? Should a man or woman who cheats on their spouse throw in the towel and divorce because their "failing" means they shouldn't be married? We all fail.
Different? How so?
There IS forgiveness for adultery in the marriage state...if both parties are willing. I have seen such restoration. But it is MUCH better if the adultery never occurred; it sends shock waves through family and friends.
It is much worse when it is spiritual adultery. The church is wounded; some never recover, and the enemy gloats over the failure.
My statement about 'ignorance' was in reference to the young man or woman who has never known sexual intimacy. They don't know what they are promising to give up. Nor do they know the intensity of the temptation they will face.
KayMarie
Different in that you started out claiming that priestly celibacy is responsible for pedophilia. Anthony correctly pointed out that the majority of abuse cases involved homosexuals and post-pubescent males. We both reminded you that Christ said that those who can bear celibacy should and the called deliberately embrace celibacy for the Kingdom of God. So....you changed your tune and are now claiming that those called to the priesthood and religious life are ignorant and don't have any idea as to what they're sacrificing. I can assure you that these men and women don't live in a vacuum prior to entering the seminary, convent, or monastery. They're fully aware of what they're doing and freely choose to devote their lives to serving God. Sex is not the be all and end all, marriage is not the only vocation in life.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Your argument about my post is disjointed.Hitler was a real person in thereal empirical world, who was observable,whose actions were observable ans could be known and tested empirically. Faith would not be the best way too kow Hitler.Hitler was not in the spiritual dimension.
God is in the spiritual dimension. We cannot know God empirically . We cannot observe or way to God. We cannot reason our way to God etc . The only way to know God is through faith.
Our minds lack the capacity to know God in this way. Our conceptual context and language cannot aptly describe God.
And please do not come back with misplaced faith in Voodoo and spirits etc.We can rule these out apophatically.
Having faith in something is good, especially if it is true. Having faith in God is good. We can know Him, be His friend as Abraham. He has only one face, not 1000 like so many religions say.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

yes i hear too..about what..hear is deference what is left in where?
''subconsciousness''
UN will be disappear too..could you imagine that my lovely confe..

What stay in subconsciousness confe?

As well why is like that as reserve about what?

Who reserve that confe upon our mind?

Is holy spirit can control our mind?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

0003 per second
Is that fast inaf open door of your heart as well mind?
Who do that confe or who can do..how you describe that person ..or declare name which call upon done something like that?

Is that precious close toward what?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

No any deference to be victim.
Does meter priest woman man child young old poor rich educated or not and so on.. describe what ever you liked as home as ordinary as institution religion or not religion.
''Victim'' is victim can be force as visible and not invisible factor under which order from whom!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Your peace is not as you try explain dimension where your body not exist you exist in spirit world where other Masters control you as well others.

We as human are constantly bombarding to be or not to be used in that purpose.

Because of that we have church as institution to be protected from that sort of spiritual slavery where many been hurt abuse as well posses totally destroy with not visible force.Does meter how you call that.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Different in that you started out claiming that priestly celibacy is responsible for pedophilia. Anthony correctly pointed out that the majority of abuse cases involved homosexuals and post-pubescent males. We both reminded you that Christ said that those who can bear celibacy should and the called deliberately embrace celibacy for the Kingdom of God. So....you changed your tune and are now claiming that those called to the priesthood and religious life are ignorant and don't have any idea as to what they're sacrificing. I can assure you that these men and women don't live in a vacuum prior to entering the seminary, convent, or monastery. They're fully aware of what they're doing and freely choose to devote their lives to serving God. Sex is not the be all and end all, marriage is not the only vocation in life.
http://www.catholicleague.org/some-key-misund...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Because of that i say law is not law where law and many in law try set up..o yes they will tell you interest we know why is like that.

Who call that free will?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

In scripture we have warning!

Why Master is better then slave?

Did you know what your Master will do?

How much you trust your Master?

Who is your Master which you going trust?

How many Masters you have?

How many Lords you have?

Who say;''Don't have another God before me?''

as well

''Love your God with your mind and your heart''
Why Masters say that?

Why I am wrong?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a freakshow. Catholic Priests are prone to sodomy. For 2000 years history has taught us this. Cebibracy was NEVER on the agenda. As a result, the CC is known for sodomy on boys. Choose your faith you castaway.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Jesus Christ make clear why others is better..and set free..because He know what many not visible Masters can do!!!

Why is that secret..someone who watching real Creator creation know everything about your body as well mind as well soul inaf accuse as well ruin.

We as believers are so simple!
But God is not simple he watching with ''eye'' who is wicket and not who is good as well who is very bad.

If you call upon his name above all name
maybe your door can be open 0003 per second.
Why is like that?
Where two heart is united?
One is yours other is who?
you have 0003 per second speed..

Why is like that Confe?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
Dust Storm,I find you one of the more intelligent and informed posters. Nevertheless I would like to respond to the article/link you provided.

First a correct definition of pedophilia is a psychological definition with certain characteristics. ne characteristic is the attraction/compulsion to children.

A person who sexually acts against an adolescent post pubescent is not a pedophiac by definition. He is however a sexual abuser and a sexual offender if there is a relationship of trust/ authority. Therefore a prioest or preacher that sexually acts out against an adolescent post pubescent would be a sex offender.

Secondly,false memory is an accurate but dangerous and misued phenomenon that has caused great harm to victims. Those suffering from false memory would be minute. This should not have been a point of argument for the authoprs of the article.

Thirdly I dispute the conclusions drawn by the authors re
there is evidence that priests have a higher rate of false and unfounded allegations than adults in the general population. Less than half of the allegations were found to be substantiated and even with those that were criminally prosecuted a large number—nearly a third—were found not guilty.

The reason I would dispute this is that there are a number of factors that could affect the retraction, unsubstantiation of charges against priests. I would rely more heavily on not guilty verdicts.

I am vehemently against agenda-driven attacks against the Church re sexual abuse, against the characterization of priests, and exagerration of the extent of the problem. I will defend against such rubbish.

At the same time,my vehement defense and advocacy of victims prompted me to respond to the article.

Thanks

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

truth wrote:
Jesus Christ make clear why others is better..and set free..because He know what many not visible Masters can do!!!
Why is that secret..someone who watching real Creator creation know everything about your body as well mind as well soul inaf accuse as well ruin.
We as believers are so simple!
But God is not simple he watching with ''eye'' who is wicket and not who is good as well who is very bad.
If you call upon his name above all name
maybe your door can be open 0003 per second.
Why is like that?
Where two heart is united?
One is yours other is who?
you have 0003 per second speed..
Why is like that Confe?
Never
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

tray drove per art per pro-cent..
if you drove that procent in art as two heart unite
then you will have
zillion/zillion on map place

hm
Are you for sure your e is not wisible in deference way..
Only who have love within can recognize that!
Did you stolen something from that heart?
How you will call that adulatory?

no..that impact over me i don't recognize..more samantija more know..
''more subconsciousness left within''

''duso duse moje''=Holy Spirit
''srce srca moga''
Is that when you pray adulatory?

no
If you sin against Holy Spirit is not good!

''Love your God with your heart as well mind''

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never
Where are my freakshows??? I need to discuss......
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Speed of light is 300 000!!!

Speed of love is ultimatum=instant!

eye up to eye.. eye up to eye.. eye up to eye..
no petrol
no gas
no electricity
no any ticket for payment
no gold
no silver
no any money

Why is like that confe so cheep and free flight?
Who can do that?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

I am sure many Master know which flight is free.

Did they asked someone?
no
I don't think so!
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
4GVN good friend
I will be brief:
You ask:
'How many of your sins did Jesus die for?"
Answer: All of them.
"How many did He take upon Himself and carry to the cross?"
Answer: None of them. Isaiah 53:5 "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was on him; and with his stripes we are healed.") It is his sacrifice to death that is the payment for my wages of sin, which is death. So that in his resurrection, I might live.
"Was Jesus' payment enough?"
Answer: Enough for what? My salvation? Yes.
"Is there more to be paid?"
Answer: For what? Salvation? No.
"Can we in any way add to the sacrificial payment that Jesus made?"
Answer: I cannot add to God. It doesn't make sense. I can only return His Love.
"And what did Jesus mean when He stated that "IT IS FINISHED?"
In short he made peace between God and humanity.
After looking at your questions, it seems you are trying to get straight what God as Judge requires. It means you are seeking from me repentence, as John the Baptist, cried in the wilderness. This is a good thing. I applaud your questions.
(Yes God is The Judge, but His Love is even greater. For God is Love.)
And there is little about a personal relationship with Jesus. His amazing sacrifice, has a startling, and bright hope for each and every person. It is blinding to the natural man's mind. So we think in terms of what we consider justice.
In light of your affirmation that Jesus paid for all of your sins at Calvery, and with the hope that you understand that that payment is accredited to ones account the moment they accept by faith the Saviour, how can you possibly believe in purgatory? And why would you want to? There is no such place,nor is it needed. Jesus paid it all in full.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Your diploma is so horrible..why corupt diploma pardon diploma with interest which usual say we can if we want when we see what is good for us.
Its that reality what others need except?
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo

Many many many who is smart and know recognize as well how used..as well who used and how.

Whats mean thousand thousand thousand..lottery numbers???

or myriad numbers..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 392,401 - 392,420 of532,068
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
More 2 hr Warner 1
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) 8 hr SeniorPersonalsDating 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... 12 hr Marko 3
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon Scales off 8,115
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
.com | Pope's hints on married priests trouble ... Jul 16 truth 1
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul 13 Zioni 5
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••