Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 545,056
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#407385 Dec 6, 2012
Mercy!

Is that deference when already have that mercy
when he teach us
- be productive in all aspect

Why is adulatory..7 billions kids.
Did all of them been lost?

No..why is like that?
Creator created us with ability each his creation can find path..before and after.

Please tell me what is lost but can't find?!..no your God can find anything as well know why is like that..much more sometimes going put you on test of endurance.

Real massage is;''they attacking you because of me but you will ''endure''.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#407386 Dec 6, 2012
Chastity is connected with proximity of the altar and the Old Testament laws of ritual purity applicable to the Levitical priesthood. Since the liturgical sacrifice was to be offered daily, the Levitical rules of abstinence before temple service made it impossible for clergy to ever have conjugal relations.

Marriage according to the Lord and celibacy for the Lordís sake are two different spiritual paths.
A person is free to follow either, depending on their vocation for both are valid.Both have teir particular service to the Lord.We must respect those who have chosen the path of chastity but it gives them no right to consider themselves superior to married priests.

Re: Paulís instructions never meant that one must be married to qualify for ordination.Paul assumed that most candidates would be converts with families. Paul favored but the Canons did not require celibacy. He understood it as ďa giftĒ

As far as Catholic v Orthodox is concerned,in theory, there is really nothing to argue about: Rome favors the discipline of a continent and unmarried priesthood while the East feels that in general, married presbyters are better suited for non-monastic service to a parish. The official position of the Roman Catholic Church is that celibacy is not intrinsic to the priesthood, It is s disciplinary, non-dogmatic matter,.It could be revised.

However, as someone who has worked with sex offenders for around 20 years, I would say the issue of homosexualiy has some but very very little to do with the issue of sexual abuse in the church.First, even if the victims are pubescent or prepubescent there is the issue of power in the sexual acting out. The priest has a power position over the victim. Secondly some molester just have a target range of a pubescent or prepubescent preference.

Location hidden

#407387 Dec 6, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="ReginaM" In the United States, about 50% of men arrested for pedophilia are married.
http://www.minddisorders.com/Ob-Ps/Pedophilia...
I guess marriage is a curse.
You might say that some marriages ARE. Wives and/or husbands that shun or brutalize their spouse, are denying them the affection so necessary to a marriage. Their partners sometimes look for that affection elsewhere, and mess up the lives of others while they search.
Girls who are molested by their fathers see a husband as 'the old man who lays on the couch and tries to stop their fun. They are always looking for it elsewhere...unless they find effective counseling.
Todays society is in confusion because we are not taught that, as God's creation, every human being is valuable.
KayMarie
Kay Marie,

I used to think the same way as you described, but in time, working with abusers I learned that whether they get satisfied at home with their wives or not has nothing to do with their sexual abuse of others.Thuis is a preference and a problem. This is a compulsion that will drive them no matter what the wife presents. do agree that some husbands cheat because of the coldness and lack of affection from their wives.I know this is no excuse and the husbands are part of the problem.Love your posts and love you and your husband.
truth

Perth, Australia

#407388 Dec 6, 2012
Yes you can see kauc..so what.its very nice and please see that..don't you as well make you funny or worried..still does meter.
Why is like that?
We grow up..from seek pleasure..everything have time..our lovely Creator created everything within us as well know..each of us is deference.
You try spread something confe..then i will protect myself..Are you for sure you not thinking like that about protection in need..disease is very dangerous..but diploma as well law stop become law.
One reason is that Where I stop believe in law when others tray hide something.
Law exist on papers which only interest say yes or not.If someone have interest dined law and try destroy you then..you have what..sofa?!!!
No confe!!!

You have what your lovely God created within you mind and heart.Then your law is love yourself not hurt yourself ..not kill yourself..just disconnect or find path what is good or not by yourself.

Our lovely Lord give law some for everybody.
Law where abuse power stop become law.
Where possession of others become proclamation of law
where God not exist where every Lord become reject
as well each person..its law of anarchy
''kiss girls does meter which one is married or not''''take what ever you want as well do what ever you want''= Is that adulatory as well some abuse power?

Location hidden

#407389 Dec 6, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Not me. That is quoting Tertullian.
Tertullian, Free Mind-same wisdom. LOL

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#407390 Dec 6, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Hermi - that is the BEST POST in a long, long time.
You faith is positive and optimistic. Apophatic philosophy is a very wise approach IMHO. It broadens the spectrum, gives greater glory to God, and leaves the petty dogmatic disputes on the curb.
No one can seriously argue with the VALUE of that kind of faith.
Again, wonderfully insightful post. Thank you.
He says that there is nothing wrong with faith. Wrong. Faith can be misplaced....faith in Hitler, Stalin, etc. His post is misleading and you really are led.

Location hidden

#407391 Dec 6, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they have a choice. They can CHOOSE to be married or they can CHOOSE to be a priest.
"Should we go beond what Christ required?"
Jesus (and St. Paul for that matter) clearly said that it is better, for the kingdom of heaven, for those who can handle it, to be unmarried.
"And would there have been all of the pedifilia in the church if this requirement had not been mandated?"
That's a low blow. The vast majority of guilty priests were homosexuals who preyed on post-pubescent adolescents.
"Did the mandate produce a blessing or a curse?"
A blessing without question. Absolutely. The Church's history is filled with Godly, blessed, holy, loving, caring, life sacrifying saints who were almost ALL celibate. They did it for the Kingdom of Heaven.
How many protestant pastors do you know that would give up sex in order to completely dedicate their lives to God?
Freakshow, the CC has a history of abuse going back 2000 years, including the inquisitions. This organization will be dismantled by the UN in due time. The CC is a phoney, scummy religion of idol worshipers. The exact teaching of the CC can be traced back to Babylon, 2000 years before Christ. You can sink, die, or change your form of devotion and live forever. The first Pope was Constantine, a pagan ruler of Rome who combined falsehoods and parts of true christianity. The CC is an organization of falsehood. In wars......the CC was on BOTH sides. Urging the young to die in the thousands.....
truth

Perth, Australia

#407392 Dec 6, 2012
ok
''brutal''..
i except what ever you say..ones when you become victim..does meter which one..man or woman..''you still have mind to ''realize'' something is around you or not''..

love or love-ones..heart is soul as well emotion..you can be very sad..then you let you down yourself..
ones open your mind then you will see what?''impact''.
Which spirit have impact as well act as accuser?
or perhaps attackers ..
When you notice make you free to except suffering
not give result as other negative side want.

Because ''every Spirit is not holy''..

As well Jesus Christ massage is clear;''they will attack you because of me, but you will ''endure''.

When I enetr in this house i notice as well see..how much..maybe just tiny things..did you see black hand confe?

When I start pray..as you do miracle on only one thing when ''your lovely mother please you''
do now for me who love you too.

How I fill..some without any reserve to be scare..i fill its going trough me..
bum..door in my heart become open as well door in my mind become open..some not deference 0003 per second
on other side is gone how?
out
bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

by confe

Is that adulatory Confe?
Is that abuse confe?
Is that brutal assault confe?
by whom as invisible guest where law become stop law
where law dined or hide in silence..

Did they attacking every person then accuse does meter on which way!!!???

What I please and call upon name above all name?

Location hidden

#407393 Dec 6, 2012
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
He says that there is nothing wrong with faith. Wrong. Faith can be misplaced....faith in Hitler, Stalin, etc. His post is misleading and you really are led.
Your argument about my post is disjointed.Hitler was a real person in thereal empirical world, who was observable,whose actions were observable ans could be known and tested empirically. Faith would not be the best way too kow Hitler.Hitler was not in the spiritual dimension.
God is in the spiritual dimension. We cannot know God empirically . We cannot observe or way to God. We cannot reason our way to God etc . The only way to know God is through faith.
Our minds lack the capacity to know God in this way. Our conceptual context and language cannot aptly describe God.
And please do not come back with misplaced faith in Voodoo and spirits etc.We can rule these out apophatically.

Location hidden

#407394 Dec 6, 2012
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Freakshow, the CC has a history of abuse going back 2000 years, including the inquisitions. This organization will be dismantled by the UN in due time. The CC is a phoney, scummy religion of idol worshipers. The exact teaching of the CC can be traced back to Babylon, 2000 years before Christ. You can sink, die, or change your form of devotion and live forever. The first Pope was Constantine, a pagan ruler of Rome who combined falsehoods and parts of true christianity. The CC is an organization of falsehood. In wars......the CC was on BOTH sides. Urging the young to die in the thousands.....
==========

The exact teaching of the CC can be traced back to Babylon, 2000 years before Christ.

What I find interesting is the EXACT teaching, not some teachings etc.

This is the first time I heard that the UN will dismantle the Catholic Church. Will this happen before or after they dismantle the Jihadists?
truth

Perth, Australia

#407395 Dec 6, 2012
0003 per second..how much is fast that?
ok

sStill nothing change when you say hitler stalin this or that..its secret society know about that..if yes please tell me why yes and why not..if you liked make product as great manipulation..its so easy who did not know what others prepare on long run then accuse..Did you do that?

Just a minute!
Its not like that!

Long long long period of great manipulation..did you do that?
Why is like that?
Someone calculated about what?

''On every action will be reaction''.

We as human have ''conciseness'' to be control as well that we can control.
Your lazy and crazy craft=gdje netreba raditi mnogo as you describe miracle like never before ''robotic intellect design is set up as deadly act where not to much left for reverse or stop''.

Location hidden

#407396 Dec 6, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
The exact teaching of the CC can be traced back to Babylon, 2000 years before Christ.
What I find interesting is the EXACT teaching, not some teachings etc.
This is the first time I heard that the UN will dismantle the Catholic Church. Will this happen before or after they dismantle the Jihadists?
Same time. Religion has hindered peace forever.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#407397 Dec 6, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="ReginaM"
Yes, I'm well, thank you for asking. Please do keep the many who are still suffering from the storm in your prayers, particularly those who lost their primary residence and are struggling financially.
Your answer is quite a bit different from your previous posts, Kay. The priesthood is a choice, an answer to God's call. No one goes into it in ignorance. We're all fallen creatures, God knows this when He calls these men to serve Him. Much time, usually years, is spent in discernment of the vocation. Is adultery an indication that the married state isn't valid? Should a man or woman who cheats on their spouse throw in the towel and divorce because their "failing" means they shouldn't be married? We all fail.
Different? How so?
There IS forgiveness for adultery in the marriage state...if both parties are willing. I have seen such restoration. But it is MUCH better if the adultery never occurred; it sends shock waves through family and friends.
It is much worse when it is spiritual adultery. The church is wounded; some never recover, and the enemy gloats over the failure.
My statement about 'ignorance' was in reference to the young man or woman who has never known sexual intimacy. They don't know what they are promising to give up. Nor do they know the intensity of the temptation they will face.
KayMarie
Different in that you started out claiming that priestly celibacy is responsible for pedophilia. Anthony correctly pointed out that the majority of abuse cases involved homosexuals and post-pubescent males. We both reminded you that Christ said that those who can bear celibacy should and the called deliberately embrace celibacy for the Kingdom of God. So....you changed your tune and are now claiming that those called to the priesthood and religious life are ignorant and don't have any idea as to what they're sacrificing. I can assure you that these men and women don't live in a vacuum prior to entering the seminary, convent, or monastery. They're fully aware of what they're doing and freely choose to devote their lives to serving God. Sex is not the be all and end all, marriage is not the only vocation in life.

Location hidden

#407398 Dec 6, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Your argument about my post is disjointed.Hitler was a real person in thereal empirical world, who was observable,whose actions were observable ans could be known and tested empirically. Faith would not be the best way too kow Hitler.Hitler was not in the spiritual dimension.
God is in the spiritual dimension. We cannot know God empirically . We cannot observe or way to God. We cannot reason our way to God etc . The only way to know God is through faith.
Our minds lack the capacity to know God in this way. Our conceptual context and language cannot aptly describe God.
And please do not come back with misplaced faith in Voodoo and spirits etc.We can rule these out apophatically.
Having faith in something is good, especially if it is true. Having faith in God is good. We can know Him, be His friend as Abraham. He has only one face, not 1000 like so many religions say.
truth

Perth, Australia

#407399 Dec 6, 2012
yes i hear too..about what..hear is deference what is left in where?
''subconsciousness''
UN will be disappear too..could you imagine that my lovely confe..

What stay in subconsciousness confe?

As well why is like that as reserve about what?

Who reserve that confe upon our mind?

Is holy spirit can control our mind?
truth

Perth, Australia

#407400 Dec 6, 2012
0003 per second
Is that fast inaf open door of your heart as well mind?
Who do that confe or who can do..how you describe that person ..or declare name which call upon done something like that?

Is that precious close toward what?
truth

Perth, Australia

#407401 Dec 6, 2012
No any deference to be victim.
Does meter priest woman man child young old poor rich educated or not and so on.. describe what ever you liked as home as ordinary as institution religion or not religion.
''Victim'' is victim can be force as visible and not invisible factor under which order from whom!
truth

Perth, Australia

#407402 Dec 6, 2012
Your peace is not as you try explain dimension where your body not exist you exist in spirit world where other Masters control you as well others.

We as human are constantly bombarding to be or not to be used in that purpose.

Because of that we have church as institution to be protected from that sort of spiritual slavery where many been hurt abuse as well posses totally destroy with not visible force.Does meter how you call that.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#407403 Dec 6, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Different in that you started out claiming that priestly celibacy is responsible for pedophilia. Anthony correctly pointed out that the majority of abuse cases involved homosexuals and post-pubescent males. We both reminded you that Christ said that those who can bear celibacy should and the called deliberately embrace celibacy for the Kingdom of God. So....you changed your tune and are now claiming that those called to the priesthood and religious life are ignorant and don't have any idea as to what they're sacrificing. I can assure you that these men and women don't live in a vacuum prior to entering the seminary, convent, or monastery. They're fully aware of what they're doing and freely choose to devote their lives to serving God. Sex is not the be all and end all, marriage is not the only vocation in life.
http://www.catholicleague.org/some-key-misund...
truth

Perth, Australia

#407404 Dec 6, 2012
Because of that i say law is not law where law and many in law try set up..o yes they will tell you interest we know why is like that.

Who call that free will?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 1 hr TheRealOzzy 14
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Hebrewsunite 8,322
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) 4 hr Delilahblue 171
Catholic Church the only body 'effectively acti... 6 hr Nulli Secundus 1
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Mon Sherlayne 21
Catholics react to pope remarks on gays, abortion (Sep '13) Mon Gapin Garrika 12
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Sep 26 KidlatNgayon 88

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE