Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,147
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#407332 Dec 6, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
Anthony MN wrote:
Now, if you would do me the honor of answering MY question;
Are all of your future sins already forgiven by Christ if you choose not to repent of them?
It is understood that 'the just shall LIVE by faith'. Also,'whatsoever is not of faith is SIN'.
Unrepented sin is rebellion. Though all my sins are covered by the blood of His sacrifice...the ones I do not repent ARE NOT COVERED.
KayMarie
Yes, but 4gvn says that ALL sins, past, presnt and future are covered no matter what. It sounds like you disagree with him.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#407333 Dec 6, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>NO is a correct answer. In view of your previous answers, how can you believe that there is and amount of unpaid debt that Jesus did not cover?
In answer to your question, We must understand that all of our sins were in the future at the time of Christ's crucifiction. The debt was paid in full for all of my (future) sins. The account was accredited (PAID IN FULL) the day, the hour, the moment I trusted in Him and the payment(gift) He so freely offers.
As to you for me to read the article you mention, no I really don't have the time or desire to chase after every article you post. They are long a laborious and really a waste of time.
If you would care to post the points you think deserve attention I will try to respond to those. By the same token, I don't expect you to chase after the unlimited articles and sites I could direct you to.
I always read your articles, all of them, no matter how long and tedious. I don't think they're a waste of time because I sincerely want to know what you're taught. I wish you felt the same way.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407334 Dec 6, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
Now, if you would do me the honor of answering MY question;
Are all of your future sins already forgiven by Christ if you choose not to repent of them?
It is understood that 'the just shall LIVE by faith'. Also,'whatsoever is not of faith is SIN'.
Unrepented sin is rebellion. Though all my sins are covered by the blood of His sacrifice...the ones I do not repent ARE NOT COVERED.
KayMarie
KayMarie, please take the time to sincerely and PRAYERFULLY consider your response. DID Jesus pay for ALL of your (future) sins on the cross? Was it a (FULL) payment? Therefore are they not all(covered)?
I do understand the donfusion, but consider for a moment what your reply would entail. If (any) unconfessed sin was not (covered) we would be in danger of hell at any moment in our lives. In fact we could never be confident of our salvation because it would all hinge on the last moments before death. And what of the sins we commit(falling short of the Glory of God) that we are not even aware of. The scripture tells us that "to him that knows to to good and does it not, to him it is sin." How many times do we as christians fail to to that 'good' thing that we have thought(I should do this, or I should do that), but we just never get around to it. Scripture telles us that that is sin. If that is true and as you say since we did not repent of it we are lost, because that sin was not covered. If that were true we would have NO POSSIBILITY of ever reaching heaven. JESUS PAID IT ALL. They are ALL covered! And we were given the GIFT of eternal life the moment we trusted in that finished work(completed and paid in full) by Jesus. I believe taht what you are misunderstanding is chastisement."whom the Lord loves(His children) He chastises" to bring us back to where He wants us to be. God does not chastise anothers children. Only His own.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#407335 Dec 6, 2012
I trust that you are well, and that the situation is improving for those of you that were in Sandy's path.
Mankind's first command from God was to 'be fruitful and multiply'. The 'demand' is strong on mankind so that no power has been able to overcome it...else humanity would be in danger.
Jesus made it plain that everyone could not receive the celibate condition...only those to whom it was given. He did not present it as a requirement.
I've been married sixty years. I am well aware of the hindrances we humans present to each other when it comes to serving the Lord. However, those OUTSIDE my marriage have presented just as many hindrances. Marriage presents much aid, and its experiences have increased my under-
standing of the Christian experience. It has helped me to help others, married or not. The Christian walk, after all, is where we learn to walk in fellowship with others...and is especially important in marriage.
Paul said to LET the deacons/bishops be married to one wife. ALLOW them.
Requiring celibacy of a man/woman, is not 'allowing' them.
Joseph and Mary abstained from physical intimacy so that the SEED was not polluted.
My thoughts are that if a man wishes to devote himself to the ministry, AND his devotion is sufficient to keep him from failing that ministry, I am in agreement. It must not be a choice made in ignorance.
KayMarie
Yes, I'm well, thank you for asking. Please do keep the many who are still suffering from the storm in your prayers, particularly those who lost their primary residence and are struggling financially.

Your answer is quite a bit different from your previous posts, Kay. The priesthood is a choice, an answer to God's call. No one goes into it in ignorance. We're all fallen creatures, God knows this when He calls these men to serve Him. Much time, usually years, is spent in discernment of the vocation. Is adultery an indication that the married state isn't valid? Should a man or woman who cheats on their spouse throw in the towel and divorce because their "failing" means they shouldn't be married? We all fail.
marge

Ames, IA

#407336 Dec 6, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You WILL sin in the future. If the Holy Spirit is guiding you and it is impossible for you to fail to repent, how can the Holy Spirit also be guiding you to sin in the first place?
You are not a puppet. You have free will. You can be both guided by the Holy Spirit AND also reject the Holy Spirit's guidance.
Yet we have these promises;

Heb 10:10,14

10And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

14because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

Phil 1:6
6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407337 Dec 6, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly is a choice. A man or woman, individually, makes a conscious choice to forego marriage and devote their lives entirely to God. In the case of protestant converts, the Church recognizes that we cannot break the marriage bond that already exists. If they take their vows while BEFORE marriage, they cannot later get married.
There is NO CHOICE if the requirements are mandated by the church. One cannot CHOOSE to get married and be a priest. The choice is legislated by the church. Christ never mandated such a restriction. Should we go beond what Christ required? And would there have been all of the pedifilia in the church if this requirement had not been mandated? Did the mandate produce a blessing or a curse?
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#407338 Dec 6, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay says....
1) It checks out by independent non-Christian historians.
2) Sola Scripture is a foreign concept and is not what Christ wished for.
Michael says....
1) What non-christian historians? No one at anytime from 7BCE to 30AD said a peep about a son of God, miracle man Jesus. Why?
2) If there was a Christ, how do you know what he wished for? Were you there to witness this wish?
Its all just conjecture, and wishful thinking on your behalf. It was all taught to you, when you were born by CHANCE into your belief system.
BUSTED!
I agree. Where are these "independent source" the poster refers to?

It all sounds so dreamy, until you get into the actual specifics, then the entire thing blows up, which is why we are called names.

They have no other retort when they try to turn faith into fact.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#407339 Dec 6, 2012
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
I believe that, by rteally stretching reality, one can call Catholicism a cult and if you desire to do so, it may make sense to you.However, this definition is incredulous.The diversity of Catholics, their individual dispositions and personalities, some of the highly analytical minds of some Catholics who have written aboout a diversity of subjects,the individuality and independence of man Catholics,the strong minds and personalities that are difficult to coerce, we can go on and on.
On one hand we want to accuse the atholics of rebelling against thir Church by not following Its dictates and on the other hand we want to accuse them of being blind cult followers.
If you have an argument against any faith, make a legitimate, sound argument.
A cult is a religion with no political power.

Faith is faith -- there are no "legitimate arguments" either for or against. That is why it is called faith and not fact.

However, if you start arguing a faith as fact, then there are no legitimate arguments for it and plenty against.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#407340 Dec 6, 2012
In the United States, about 50% of men arrested for pedophilia are married.
http://www.minddisorders.com/Ob-Ps/Pedophilia...

I guess marriage is a curse.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407341 Dec 6, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
10And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
14because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Amen Marge! Well done.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#407342 Dec 6, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. But you didn't answer my question; If the Holy Spirit is guiding you and it is impossible for you to fail to repent, how can the Holy Spirit also be guiding you to sin in the first place?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#407343 Dec 6, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
TBS
I like it too....
In a sense for the same reason you do.
Really?!? You really think that I liked it? Murdering a girl because she lost their virginity? Are you nuts?

Why only the girls? Men are in control, so they can screw around as much as they want, but women can't? That's not f'ed up at all!
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>I think it better to hold those responsible for their actions, than murdering human beings in the womb..., don't you?
Murder is murder, is it not? Murdering a 16yo girl, not the boys, just the girls, for having sex before marriage is just as evil and any other excuse to murder.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#407344 Dec 6, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
ReginaM. says.......

...In the United States, about 50% of men arrested for pedophilia are married.

Michael says....

...Up until just a few years ago, 100% of the Bishops who knew of priests committing sexual crimes, LIED, DECEIVED, and COVERED up these most heinous sins, from "YOU" and all other catholics.

You OK with that?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#407345 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
MORE DANCING AROUND...
MY SOUL IS SECURE FOR I AM SIMPLY STANDING ON THE PROMISES OF GOD...
JESUS SAID
I DON'T NEED YOUR RITUALS AND EXERCISES..
~~~~
WHERE IS THE PROMISE.. SECURITY...OF YOUR HOPE OF ETERNAL..LIFE
IS IT IN YOU CATECHISM?
IS IT IN MARY?...
IS IT IN YOU ICONS?..IDOLS..STATUES...
IS IT IN YOUR SAINTS?...
IS IT IN YOUR ROSARY?...
IS IT IN YOU POPE?...
IS IT IN YOU CHURCH?...
IS IT IN YOUR EUCHARIST?
AND ALL THE REST OF THOSE UNESSARY CALTHESENTICS THAT HAS BEEN ADDED TO GOD'S ETERNAL PLAN OF SALVATION
Posting in all caps makes your posts harder to read and is discouraged.

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#407346 Dec 6, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
...Put "ALL" guilty, sexual predators, married or single in prison, including all! those that protected, and covered up for any predators........AGREED?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#407347 Dec 6, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>There is NO CHOICE if the requirements are mandated by the church. One cannot CHOOSE to get married and be a priest. The choice is legislated by the church. Christ never mandated such a restriction. Should we go beond what Christ required? And would there have been all of the pedifilia in the church if this requirement had not been mandated? Did the mandate produce a blessing or a curse?
Yes, they have a choice. They can CHOOSE to be married or they can CHOOSE to be a priest.

"Should we go beond what Christ required?"

Jesus (and St. Paul for that matter) clearly said that it is better, for the kingdom of heaven, for those who can handle it, to be unmarried.

"And would there have been all of the pedifilia in the church if this requirement had not been mandated?"

That's a low blow. The vast majority of guilty priests were homosexuals who preyed on post-pubescent adolescents.

"Did the mandate produce a blessing or a curse?"

A blessing without question. Absolutely. The Church's history is filled with Godly, blessed, holy, loving, caring, life sacrifying saints who were almost ALL celibate. They did it for the Kingdom of Heaven.

How many protestant pastors do you know that would give up sex in order to completely dedicate their lives to God?
Fun Facts

Lake, MI

#407348 Dec 6, 2012
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but you said they choose not to repent of future sins, do we agree then that that is impossible, with the Holy Spirit guiding the person to not be lead to repentance?
you may have overlooked...

http://bible.cc/hebrews/6-6.htm

Questions?
http://avemariaradio.net/catholic-online-radi...
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#407350 Dec 6, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM. says.......
...In the United States, about 50% of men arrested for pedophilia are married.
Michael says....
...Up until just a few years ago, 100% of the Bishops who knew of priests committing sexual crimes, LIED, DECEIVED, and COVERED up these most heinous sins, from "YOU" and all other catholics.
You OK with that?
So what?

100% of the RCC Bishops responded to abuse claims the same way.

That was just an amazing coincidence ...... or PROOF that RCC Bishops worldwide (e.g. Apostolic Successors) were led by the Holy Spirit/Jesus/God the Father ....... and that's it, because we are told the Popes in Rome knew nothing.

The odds of a coincidence is too great.

Thus, the Holy Spirit obviously is behind the largest child-sex-abuse COVER-UP in world history.

There is one other possibility.

It is possible that these folks are not guided -- "perfectly" or otherwise -- in matters of morals by any Holy Spirit/Jesus/God.

That certainly seems to be a possibility in light of WORLDWIDE EVENTS and REVELATIONS.

PS - Jesus says that being "no worse than the Southern Baptist" is no defense.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407351 Dec 6, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they have a choice. They can CHOOSE to be married or they can CHOOSE to be a priest.
Jesus (and St. Paul for that matter) clearly said that it is better, for the kingdom of heaven, for those who can handle it, to be unmarried.
"And would there have been all of the pedifilia in the church if this requirement had not been mandated?"
That's a low blow. The vast majority of guilty priests were homosexuals who preyed on post-pubescent adolescents.
A blessing without question. Absolutely. The Church's history is filled with Godly, blessed, holy, loving, caring, life sacrifying saints who were almost ALL celibate. They did it for the Kingdom of Heaven.
How many protestant pastors do you know that would give up sex in order to completely dedicate their lives to God?
You did not address the fact that Christ nor any of the apostles 'mandated' such a requirement. In fact the RCC didn't do so for the first thousand yrs. So were they right for the first thousand, or were they wrong? No one has a right to make requirements for the man of God(pastors, or any other) that God himself did not require. That falls into the area of adding to or takeing away from what is written. How can man place a requirement on GOD"S servent, when GOD Himself did not do so. It is wrong.
And the cold hard fact is that the requirement created a hideout for homosexuals who somehow appeared normal in thier non-married roles.
You say a blessing 'without question'. Hundreds of thousands of children and thier families who have been devastateded by the sexual abuse would surely disagree with you. So there is a verry real 'question'.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407353 Dec 6, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The passages that you are referring to by Paul were for a specific time, because the church was under such great persecution. Paul spells this out in his writings in the context of those verses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 5 hr pazuzu 76
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 12 hr Hebrewsunite 8,297
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••