Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,617)

Showing posts 392,321 - 392,340 of530,401
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Romans 10:4
4 For Christ is the end of the law (Old Covenant) for righteousness to every one that believeth.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You have given me the same OLE SONG AND DANCE as was given the Second that third time I ask the question...calling me names and railing on me...
BUT YOU HAVE NOT GIVEN AN ANSWER FOR YOUR HOPE ...
EVIDENTLY YOU ARE JUST REEVING YOU MOTOR IN VENGEANCE UPON ME
YOU HAVE NO ANSWER...
YOU HONESTLY HAVE NO HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE ..RIGHT
YOU CAN'T GIVE ANS ANSWER BECAUSE THERE IS NONE TO BE FOUND IN YOUR FABLES CONJECTURE, ASSUMPTIONS ANS PRESUMPTUOUSNESS..
IT IS A DEAD END STREET..
A ROAD TO NO WHERE...
AFTER DEATH ? WHAT THEN ?
I'm not calling you names, you are, in fact, ignorant of Catholic teaching. And you lie about it. I know this because I know Catholic teaching. You know it because you mis-represent it all the time.

In your sad little world you know deep down that you MUST prove Catholicism wrong, because if it's right, you're in deep trouble. While you scream and holler and codemn Catholics (with your fingers stuck in your ears), you do it out of fear and rage, not love and concern.

I know who and what you are confrinting, and so does God.
I hope for your sake it's not too late for you because I do care about your eternal soul.
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

who="Anthony MN"
Celibacy is Church Practice, Not Dogma
This is used to 'explain' why the CC does one thing, but declares that it is not dogma. What it really says is that 'the thing may not be doctrine, but we do it our way, anyhow.'
That offends my intelligence. If it is wrong, it should not be done. If it is right, it should be required.
I Tim.3:3 Bishops must BE the husband of one wife.
I Tim.3:11 Deacons wives must BE...
I Tim.3:12 LET (allow) deacons to BE the husband of one wife...
What part of BE (present tense) do you not understand?
And where is there any mention of a widower?
Widows are not to remarry? That does not explain putting youthful...never married girls into a house next door to youthful unmarried men...and having them work together. It is a recipe for temptation/trouble.
KayMarie
No where in those verses is marriage a requirement.

"Admittedly, there's no hint in the New Testament of celibacy being mandatory either among the apostles or those they ordained. But we have ample warrant in the words of Christ and the writings of Paul that celibacy is a higher calling than marriage. Christ Himself was celibate, and the Incarnation took place, so to speak, in the context of Mary and Joseph's abstention from sexual relations. Pope Benedict XVI has written eloquently about how Mary's virginity is really a condition of spiritual fruitfulness. At one point, the disciples ask Christ if it is "expedient not to marry?" He replies that "not all can accept this teaching; but those to whom it has been given. For there are eunuchs who were born so...and there are eunuchs who have made themselves so for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let him accept it who can" (Mt 19:10-12)."
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/resources/a...

I know I've mentioned this before, but am conducting a little experiment today...celibacy is a requirement for Bishops in the Orthodox Church and if a priest is not already married at the time of his ordination, he must also remain celibate. I'm curious, what are your thoughts about this??

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

who="hojo"
Daily Mass, the Eucharist, Prayer, Bible Readings, etc.---are ALL giving "glory, adoration, respect, homage, reverence, veneration and PRAISE to Almighty God HIMSELF and to HIS SON Jesus Christ, ALL which is manifested in and through Our Lords Catholic Church--of which HIS bride---IS---the Church!......... Thanks KayMarie and Gods Blessing to you and your family during this season of Advent!!
You are welcome, and may your Christmas be the most blessed ever!
I am no stranger to glory, adoration, reverence, etc. to Almighty God. I am part of THE CHURCH which is His bride. I call it the Invisible Church for it's chapel cannot be seen by man's eye...and it has multitude of parts from EVERY TRIBE AND TONGUE AND NATION in it. WE are His temple, the temple of the Holy Ghost.
Every Baptist, Methodist, etc. is not my brother/sister, but all of those who truly love HIM ARE MY FAMILY...His bride. Together, Peter says, we are Living Stones, and make up the REAL church.
KayMarie
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Daily Mass, the Eucharist, Prayer, Bible Readings, etc.---are ALL giving "glory, adoration, respect, homage, reverence, veneration and PRAISE to Almighty God HIMSELF and to HIS SON Jesus Christ, ALL which is manifested in and through Our Lords Catholic Church--of which HIS bride---IS---the Church!......... Thanks KayMarie and Gods Blessing to you and your family during this season of Advent!!
In this day and age hojo,we have a real advantage,we can view on TV all of our various Christian affiliations,including your Catholic,and the Orthodox,and various Protestant expressions. It is something to go from group to group and see the same Name of Jesus praised,lifted up,and His Word R E A D and honored and expounded on in all the expressions of our Faith as Christians.

I am not saying that what is viewed on TV is the best or more perfect expression of each endeavor to serve Christ,but it gives you a broad glimpse to all of those who are HIS.

I watched a Benediction and Devotion Mass at the Poor Clare chapel in Alabama on EWTN.Much like those High Masses I witnessed often as a child.Seing the young priest go forward and touch the Monstrance,and make the sign of the Cross with it.His homily though short,was clear on serving the only Lord we know J E S U S,in the Love of the Father and the Power of the Holy Spirit.

I also watched the same night a Lutheran woman tell of her awful experience in Japan as her son fell from a second story building,and was paralyzed,but after 7 years of rehab he is now normal.The woman was an opera singer,and the Lord saw fit to appear to her and ignite in her a faith of love and truth that has given both her husband and herself a new relationship with Christ.She saw Jesus and was so blessed by the encounter,she was sharing with evangelical women,and they were blessed and encouraged by her testimony.I watched a great preacher of the Word a young Asian Joseph Prince elaborate on grace and it was powerful.I can see that Christ works all in all.He is in the priest,in the Lutheran woman,and in Joseph Prince,all for His glory,giving to many who watch an opportunity of faith,believing and connecting with the Holy One of Israel.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
. It checks out by independent non-Christian historians.
That is not quite true. Many historians disagree with many of the claims of the RCC. Most do not agree with the claim of Apostolic succession of the linage of the Pops.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

who="Clay"
Can I ask you a philosophiocal question? Please answer as truthfully as possible.
I think everyone on here should put themselves in Christ shoes for a second...
Would you leave a collection of books that would be the sole revelation of your ministry? A set of misc letters from one of your Apostles etc?
Or would you set up a hierarchy; a Magestrium that you will continue to guide in Spirit to truth. And have one leader to trust in your day to day operations?
Anyone of us who knows anything about organization and business would agree, you would not leave a set of loosely collected writings for your employees to figure out themselves what your will is.
And of course, we know how the Bible was compiled. It was done so BY THE HIERARCHY that Christ established.
John 14:16
Jesus says "I will ask the Father and He will give you another advocate, who will never leave you"
This ensures us that the Church is protected from error because Christ says this advocate - the Holy Spirit will never leave them.
Some think this verse applies to the individual interpreter of sacred scripture. Well, that is to bizarre to even consider. We don't need anymore evidence of what that thinking has done.
Only one Church can trace themselves to Christ. If He promised to be with them until the end... And have them an advocate that will never leave them...then what's the problem?
Are you going to say this Church suddenly went awol around Constantines reign?
Then you are saying Christ was lying about staying with them.
Please explain.
Clay...were it me...I would leave in writing MY WORDS...so that one could see/know exactly what I wished them to know. I would not leave such an important matter to men who may distort them.
This would assure me that IF ANYONE distorted my words, honest people could read THEM and see what "I" had to say. If I could then leave my spirit to guide the readers, I could be confident that 'those who had my spirit' would understand my words with his help. And I would know that those who distorted my words obviously did not have my spirit.
Is the Bible distorted? Has it been mis-interpreted? You think that GOD can't do better than that? The Bible has stood for centuries. It has brought peace, redemption, healing, prosperity (and everything else we need), and remains the best selling book ever. EVEN IF THERE WERE NO GOD, that Book is the greatest material ever given to man. But of course, we KNOW that GOD IS, and HIS WORD LIVES FOREVER.
The Bible is our anchor. The Holy Spirit does abide with us forever. But there are evil spirits that would whisper doubt and fear, etc. to us. When this occurs the Holy Spirit WILL BRING TO OUR REMEMBRANCE those things that Jesus taught...and the Holy Spirit WILL AGREE with "IT IS WRITTEN".
No man can minister to us with such power. "I am not ashamed of the gospel, for IT is the POWER OF GOD unto salvation.
KayMarie
Well the truth is, Jesus did not leave us with a Bible. In fact, you can't show where He ever speaks of establishing a Bible for the Christian.
He only speaks of a Church.
A Church that He promised to be with until the end.
You must be able to show where Our Lord commanded His Apostles to compile a Bible as the sole source of His ministry.
Don't you see how quickly Protestantism comes crashing down? Although the individual Protestant indeed can experience the love and mercy of Christ, Kay. Catholics will deny your relationship with Jesus.
In fact, its testimonial to how much Christ loves you....because you're running around with the wrong teachings while outside of His Church...yet, He never hesitates to give you graces when you humbly ask.
As for your leaders- who knowingly and consciously were aware they were spreading the wrong faith- like Calvin and Luther... They are in a heap of trouble. Their victims are not as responsible.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but you said they choose not to repent of future sins, do we agree then that that is impossible, with the Holy Spirit guiding the person to not be lead to repentance?
You WILL sin in the future. If the Holy Spirit is guiding you and it is impossible for you to fail to repent, how can the Holy Spirit also be guiding you to sin in the first place?

You are not a puppet. You have free will. You can be both guided by the Holy Spirit AND also reject the Holy Spirit's guidance.
Dust Storm

Pipestone, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Dust Storm
Peace
I understand and sympathize with your struggle....
I am coming to understand that when the Gentile mind, which is unconformed to Christ comes to a realization of salvation is in Jesus Christ alone and accepts this Gift, it is the Great Epiphany, they become part of a journey on this earth, a pilgrim.
There are times when we feel anchored(at rest) in this voyage, and also when we are underway....That sense of being at anchor is both salvation and sanctification.
But we must voyage on...,on a pilgrimage, and we carry the Anchor of our Faith, with us. Then comes in the difficult storms, and monotonous time which strengthens our faith, and is sanctification in a process.
Most often in this journey we are not aware of carrying our cross daily. But it still happens. And so we find it easy to remember the big moments, which are like epiphanies in in our sanctification process.
Robert,

What I am most happy about is that you have been led back to God. You are chosen and hopefully you can help others grow with you. How often do we see those in the bible who had moments of deep doubt and darkness in both the OT and New. Mother Teresa relates well to what you say here. May you receive blessings beyond your trials.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

who="hojo"
You are welcome, and may your Christmas be the most blessed ever!
I am no stranger to glory, adoration, reverence, etc. to Almighty God. I am part of THE CHURCH which is His bride. I call it the Invisible Church for it's chapel cannot be seen by man's eye...and it has multitude of parts from EVERY TRIBE AND TONGUE AND NATION in it. WE are His temple, the temple of the Holy Ghost.
Every Baptist, Methodist, etc. is not my brother/sister, but all of those who truly love HIM ARE MY FAMILY...His bride. Together, Peter says, we are Living Stones, and make up the REAL church.
KayMarie
Thanks---we may disagree on Christs definition of His Church, in Matthew 16, which has Bishops, priests, elders and deacons, Acts 2 -from Jesus' 1st Church in Antioch ---and----for over 2000 years----HOWEVER----there is "much" in our mutual faith to "unite us as One in Jesus Christ and in His love! AMEN!!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert,
What I am most happy about is that you have been led back to God. You are chosen and hopefully you can help others grow with you. How often do we see those in the bible who had moments of deep doubt and darkness in both the OT and New. Mother Teresa relates well to what you say here. May you receive blessings beyond your trials.
Amen!!!
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
"Admittedly, there's no hint in the New Testament of celibacy being mandatory either among the apostles or those they ordained. But we have ample warrant in the words of Christ and the writings of Paul that celibacy is a higher calling than marriage. Christ Himself was celibate, and the Incarnation took place, so to speak, in the context of Mary and Joseph's abstention from sexual relations. Pope Benedict XVI has written eloquently about how Mary's virginity is really a condition of spiritual fruitfulness. At one point, the disciples ask Christ if it is "expedient not to marry?" He replies that "not all can accept this teaching; but those to whom it has been given. For there are eunuchs who were born so...and there are eunuchs who have made themselves so for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let him accept it who can" (Mt 19:10-12)."
I know I've mentioned this before, but am conducting a little experiment today...celibacy is a requirement for Bishops in the Orthodox Church and if a priest is not already married at the time of his ordination, he must also remain celibate. I'm curious, what are your thoughts about this??
It is fitting to follow one's own conscience here.If one chooses to remain celibate and serve Christ he or she is not bound to ever marry or follow the way of everyone else as it were.But it seems that Catholic and Orthodox churches have their rules on the priesthood,so we have to let them do as they do,and not give them our opinion,as they will continue to serve Christ in whatever suits them,to be celibate or to marry.

Evangelicals for the most part marry,and a young man who is single and a preacher is under much pressure to marry if he pastors in a church.There are not too many who will say they would rather remain single,as married couples do very well as pastors of churches,giving a great insight as a married couple to the many pressures of married life.It seems that God has allowed the many expressions of Christian church life to reach all different facets of humanity.Many people are not attracted to the Catholic Church,and vice versa,but there are enough different expressions and traditions that seem to meet the needs of countless numbers of people who need Christ and are changed by His powerful love.

So all expressions of Christian endeavor can in a wide sense meet the needs of many different people,at a given time,under many circumstances.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. You seem to think you're the debate moderator, so I will do my best.
"'How many of your sins did Jesus die for?"
All of them.
"How many did He take upon Himself and carry to the cross."
All of them.
"Was Jesus payment enough?"
Yes.
"Is there more to be paid?"
No, not by Him.
"Can we in any way add to the sacrificial payment that Jesus made?"
" And what did Jesus mean when He stated that "IT IS FINISHED?"
Very good article here by Jimmy Akin, a convert to Catholicism from protestant evangelical fundamentalism. Please take the time to read it (I hope you don't stop at the first paragraph like you usually do, as that would tend to enforce my suspicion that you're not really looking for a sincere debate):
http://www.ewtn.com/library/answers/how2purg....
Now, if you would do me the honor of answering MY question;
Are all of your future sins already forgiven by Christ if you choose not to repent of them?
NO is a correct answer. In view of your previous answers, how can you believe that there is and amount of unpaid debt that Jesus did not cover?
In answer to your question, We must understand that all of our sins were in the future at the time of Christ's crucifiction. The debt was paid in full for all of my (future) sins. The account was accredited (PAID IN FULL) the day, the hour, the moment I trusted in Him and the payment(gift) He so freely offers.
As to you for me to read the article you mention, no I really don't have the time or desire to chase after every article you post. They are long a laborious and really a waste of time.
If you would care to post the points you think deserve attention I will try to respond to those. By the same token, I don't expect you to chase after the unlimited articles and sites I could direct you to.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not calling you names, you are, in fact, ignorant of Catholic teaching. And you lie about it. I know this because I know Catholic teaching. You know it because you mis-represent it all the time.
In your sad little world you know deep down that you MUST prove Catholicism wrong, because if it's right, you're in deep trouble. While you scream and holler and codemn Catholics (with your fingers stuck in your ears), you do it out of fear and rage, not love and concern.
I know who and what you are confrinting, and so does God.
I hope for your sake it's not too late for you because I do care about your eternal soul.
~~~

MORE DANCING AROUND...

MY SOUL IS SECURE FOR I AM SIMPLY STANDING ON THE PROMISES OF GOD...

Isaiah PROPHESIED

Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But

1.he was wounded for our transgressions,

2.he was bruised for our iniquities:

3.the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and

4.with his stripes we are healed.

JESUS SAID

Mat_11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

I CAME TO HIM AND HE HAS KEPT HIS WORD...

THE APOSTLE PAUL WROTE

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and
shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

I CALLED UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD AND HE SAVED ME.

Acts 3:16
And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know:(d) yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

(d) Because he believed on him who was raised from the dead, whose name he heard about from us.

I AM SAVED BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH...

Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

I DON'T NEED YOUR RITUALS AND EXERCISES..

~~~~

WHERE IS THE PROMISE.. SECURITY...OF YOUR HOPE OF ETERNAL..LIFE

IS IT IN YOU CATECHISM?

IS IT IN MARY?...

IS IT IN YOU ICONS?..IDOLS..STATUES...

IS IT IN YOUR SAINTS?...

IS IT IN YOUR ROSARY?...

IS IT IN YOU POPE?...

IS IT IN YOU CHURCH?...

IS IT IN YOUR EUCHARIST?

AND ALL THE REST OF THOSE UNESSARY CALTHESENTICS THAT HAS BEEN ADDED TO GOD'S ETERNAL PLAN OF SALVATION

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

who="ReginaM"

I trust that you are well, and that the situation is improving for those of you that were in Sandy's path.

Mankind's first command from God was to 'be fruitful and multiply'. The 'demand' is strong on mankind so that no power has been able to overcome it...else humanity would be in danger.

Jesus made it plain that everyone could not receive the celibate condition...only those to whom it was given. He did not present it as a requirement.

I've been married sixty years. I am well aware of the hindrances we humans present to each other when it comes to serving the Lord. However, those OUTSIDE my marriage have presented just as many hindrances. Marriage presents much aid, and its experiences have increased my under-
standing of the Christian experience. It has helped me to help others, married or not. The Christian walk, after all, is where we learn to walk in fellowship with others...and is especially important in marriage.

Paul said to LET the deacons/bishops be married to one wife. ALLOW them.
Requiring celibacy of a man/woman, is not 'allowing' them.

Joseph and Mary abstained from physical intimacy so that the SEED was not polluted.

My thoughts are that if a man wishes to devote himself to the ministry, AND his devotion is sufficient to keep him from failing that ministry, I am in agreement. It must not be a choice made in ignorance.

KayMarie
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Celibacy is Church Practice, Not Dogma
Matt. 19:11-12 - Jesus says celibacy is a gift from God and whoever can bear it should bear it. Jesus praises and recommends celibacy for full-time ministers in the Church. Because celibacy is a gift from God, those who criticize the Church's practice of celibacy are criticizing God and this wonderful gift He bestows on His chosen ones.
But Jesus never made it a (requirement) for the pastorate. It was a choice he gave to each individual. It was not to be mandated by the church or anyone else.
And what kind of double standard is it for the RCC to mandate it for thier priests UNLESS they come from another denomination, and have married and then it is acceptable. If it is good for the goose?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:

Now, if you would do me the honor of answering MY question;
Are all of your future sins already forgiven by Christ if you choose not to repent of them?

It is understood that 'the just shall LIVE by faith'. Also,'whatsoever is not of faith is SIN'.

Unrepented sin is rebellion. Though all my sins are covered by the blood of His sacrifice...the ones I do not repent ARE NOT COVERED.

KayMarie
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>It is fitting to follow one's own conscience here.If one chooses to remain celibate and serve Christ he or she is not bound to ever marry or follow the way of everyone else as it were.But it seems that Catholic and Orthodox churches have their rules on the priesthood,so we have to let them do as they do,and not give them our opinion,as they will continue to serve Christ in whatever suits them,to be celibate or to marry.
Evangelicals for the most part marry,and a young man who is single and a preacher is under much pressure to marry if he pastors in a church.There are not too many who will say they would rather remain single,as married couples do very well as pastors of churches,giving a great insight as a married couple to the many pressures of married life.It seems that God has allowed the many expressions of Christian church life to reach all different facets of humanity.Many people are not attracted to the Catholic Church,and vice versa,but there are enough different expressions and traditions that seem to meet the needs of countless numbers of people who need Christ and are changed by His powerful love.
So all expressions of Christian endeavor can in a wide sense meet the needs of many different people,at a given time,under many circumstances.
This is all very nice, Dan, and in a sense I agree with you since the reality is that there *are* many different expressions. However, it begs the question: was there supposed to be? In faithfulness to the Gospel, with a clear conscience, can you honestly say it was Christ's intention to have different expressions of His truth? I can't...and I'm not talking about practices, rituals, etc.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

<quoted text>
~~~
MORE DANCING AROUND...
MY SOUL IS SECURE FOR I AM SIMPLY STANDING ON THE PROMISES OF GOD...
Isaiah PROPHESIED
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But
1.he was wounded for our transgressions,
2.he was bruised for our iniquities:
3.the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and
4.with his stripes we are healed.
JESUS SAID
Mat_11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
I CAME TO HIM AND HE HAS KEPT HIS WORD...
THE APOSTLE PAUL WROTE
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and
shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
I CALLED UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD AND HE SAVED ME.
Acts 3:16
And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know:(d) yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.
(d) Because he believed on him who was raised from the dead, whose name he heard about from us.
I AM SAVED BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH...
Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
I DON'T NEED YOUR RITUALS AND EXERCISES..
~~~~
WHERE IS THE PROMISE.. SECURITY...OF YOUR HOPE OF ETERNAL..LIFE
IS IT IN YOU CATECHISM?
IS IT IN MARY?...
IS IT IN YOU ICONS?..IDOLS..STATUES...
IS IT IN YOUR SAINTS?...
IS IT IN YOUR ROSARY?...
IS IT IN YOU POPE?...
IS IT IN YOU CHURCH?...
IS IT IN YOUR EUCHARIST?
AND ALL THE REST OF THOSE UNESSARY CALTHESENTICS THAT HAS BEEN ADDED TO GOD'S ETERNAL PLAN OF SALVATION
More anger, bitterness, hate and bigotry. You feel it in the depths of your soul. You are aware of it but can't stop it or contain it.

I repeat, I know who and what you are confrinting, and so does God.

I'll continue to pray for you. God bless.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text> But Jesus never made it a (requirement) for the pastorate. It was a choice he gave to each individual. It was not to be mandated by the church or anyone else.
And what kind of double standard is it for the RCC to mandate it for thier priests UNLESS they come from another denomination, and have married and then it is acceptable. If it is good for the goose?
It certainly is a choice. A man or woman, individually, makes a conscious choice to forego marriage and devote their lives entirely to God. In the case of protestant converts, the Church recognizes that we cannot break the marriage bond that already exists. If they take their vows while BEFORE marriage, they cannot later get married.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 392,321 - 392,340 of530,401
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••