Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603415 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#407298 Dec 6, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
-

If the first lines of this post (from guest, I believe) have no effect on you, then you will never change unless God wakes you up.
KayMarie
Thanks KayMarie--but you fail to see is that "God has (already) awaken us" Catholics (especially converts from Protestantism) to the TRUTH of His One True Catholic Church and the FULLNESS of that TRUTH along with the FULLNESS of the Faith!!

A New Exodus of Protestants Stream to Rome
www.catholiceducation.org/Articles/religion/r...

Protestant exodus

What accounts for this Protestant exodus at the twilight of the 20th century? The collapse of Protestant morality in American culture, the centrifugal drift of evangelical Protestantism, and the socioeconomic mobility of evangelical Protestants have all played key roles.

Mainline Protestantism has given tacit, and sometimes explicit, approval to the poisonous fruits of the 1960s — from free love to feminism. Although this accommodation strategy devastated the theological and moral integrity of the mainline, it has, at least in one respect, served clearly providential purposes. For men and women like Ireland, the moral and theological confusion they have found in the mainline is usually the reason they start thinking about heading to Rome.

Take Thomas Levergood, who had considered a vocation to the Episcopal priesthood.“There are so many compromises with our culture, compromises that violate the fullness of truth, especially on moral issues, in the Episcopal Church,” says Levergood, who is pursuing doctoral studies at the University of Chicago.“Being around half-truths and lies awakens in you a hunger for the genuine truth.”

Jeffrey Finch’s crisis of mainline faith came from interacting with his colleagues: Methodist ministers in southern New Jersey.“I remember sitting at annual conference meetings and listening to dilettantes blather on about revisiting doctrinal issues that had been settled centuries ago by ecumenical councils,” he recalls.“They were just making it [the Faith] up as they went along. Whatever its historic origins, Methodism had become a do-it-yourself religion.”

For evangelicals who end up becoming Catholic, two factors encourage them to reconsider their commitment to the evangelical Protestant faith. First, many evangelicals become dissatisfied with the doctrinal and ecclesiastical division that is endemic to Protestantism. Kristin Franklin went to Guatemala in 1992 as a Protestant missionary intent on “[rescuing] Catholics from the darkness of their religion’s superstition and man-made traditions,” as she wrote in a recent conversion piece for Envoy magazine. But she left the mission field a few years later after becoming disillusioned with divisions she saw among the “Bible-believing” Protestant churches she encountered in Central America. On issues from infant baptism to charismatic gifts, she found almost as many opinions as there were churches. She remembers thinking:“The truth doesn’t look like that.”

There is also a powerful sociological factor at work. Evangelicals have experienced dramatic upward mobility over the past 20 years. This mobility — and the educational and cultural opportunities it affords — leaves many evangelicals with the sense that there is more to the Christian faith than the daily quiet times, weekly Bible studies, and Sunday hymn-sermon-hymn worship that they grew up with. Evangelicals seeking a deeper spiritual life, a more transcendent experience of worship, or a richer intellectual tradition begin to look around.

As I have repeated this TRUTH many times:
God is not the author of bible only Protestant condemnation and judgement of other Christians and the Churches that they worship in especially Catholics----NOR is HE the author of Protestant conflicting, and inconsistent--confusion and chaos "clearly revealed in the thousands upon thousands and thousands of contradicting denominations.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#407299 Dec 6, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If that religion happens to be the one that Jesus Christ started, then I'm all in.
So far, I find no reason to dismiss the Catholic Churchs claim about their existence. It checks out by independent non-Christian historians.
The Protestants claim does not. Sola Scripture is a foreign concept and is not what Christ wished for.
"It checks out by independent non-Christian historians."

I like the way you manipulate the meaning of words. You definitely are a Catholic.

Please provide your citation to this statement.

If all the horrendous acts that they have done in the past, is just "checked out" ("looked at" in some manner)- then your statement is true. If it has been validated to be the correct line of action by an outside source, then, and only then, I can agree.

Maybe you need to clarify your statement a little better with honesty.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#407300 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
You have given me the same OLE SONG AND DANCE as was given the Second that third time I ask the question...calling me names and railing on me...
BUT YOU HAVE NOT GIVEN AN ANSWER FOR YOUR HOPE ...
EVIDENTLY YOU ARE JUST REEVING YOU MOTOR IN VENGEANCE UPON ME
YOU HAVE NO ANSWER...
YOU HONESTLY HAVE NO HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE ..RIGHT
YOU CAN'T GIVE ANS ANSWER BECAUSE THERE IS NONE TO BE FOUND IN YOUR FABLES CONJECTURE, ASSUMPTIONS ANS PRESUMPTUOUSNESS..
IT IS A DEAD END STREET..
A ROAD TO NO WHERE...
AFTER DEATH ? WHAT THEN ?
~~~
WE ARE NOT PLAYING BINGO HERE...

LIFE SHOULD NOT BE A GAME OF CHANCE FOR ANYONE...

DAVID SAID...

1Sa_20:3 but truly as the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, there is but a step between me and death.

What does Roman Catholicism offer ...after you leave this earth..

IF A RELIGIOUS SYSTEM OFFERS NOTHING MORE than calisthenics...and at the end of the road it gives no promise of eternal life with Christ..

WHY BOTHER WITH ALL THE FRUITLESS EXERCISES.

EVIDENTLY YOU CANNOT GIVE A SCRIPTURAL REFERENCE

THAT WOULD PROVE THAT YOUR ETERNAL LIFE (IN FOLLOWING YOUR CONJECTURE) IS SECURE.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#407301 Dec 6, 2012
ONIONS! VERY IMPORTANT. Read all the way through...
In 1919 when the flu killed 40 million people there was this Doctor that visited the many farmers to see i
f he could help them combat the flu...
Many of the farmers and their families had contracted it and many died.
The doctor came upon this one farmer and to his surprise, everyone was very healthy. When the doctor asked what the farmer was doing that was different the wife replied that she had placed an unpeeled onion in a dish in the rooms of the home,(probably only two rooms back then). The doctor couldn't believe it and asked if he could have one of the onions and place it under the microscope. She gave him one and when he did this, he did find the flu virus in the onion. It obviously absorbed the bacteria, therefore, keeping the family healthy.
Now, I heard this story from my hairdresser. She said that several years ago, many of her employees were coming down with the flu, and so were many of her customers. The next year she placed several bowls with onions around in her shop. To her surprise, none of her staff got sick. It must work. Try it and see what happens. We did it last year and we never got the flu.
Now there is a P. S. to this for I sent it to a friend in Oregon who regularly contributes material to me on health issues. She replied with this most interesting experience about onions:
Thanks for the reminder. I don't know about the farmer's story...but, I do know that I contacted pneumonia, and, needless to say, I was very ill... I came across an article that said to cut both ends off an onion put it into an empty jar, and place the jar next to the sick patient at night. It said the onion would be black in the morning from the germs...sure enough it happened just like that...the onion was a mess and I began to feel better.
Another thing I read in the article was that onions and garlic placed around the room saved many from the black plague years ago. They have powerful antibacterial, antiseptic properties.
This is the other note. Lots of times when we have stomach problems we don't know what to blame. Maybe it's the onions that are to blame. Onions absorb bacteria is the reason they are so good at preventing us from getting colds and flu and is the very reason we shouldn't eat an onion that has been sitting for a time after it has been cut open.
LEFT OVER ONIONS ARE POISONOUS
I had the wonderful privilege of touring Mullins Food Products, Makers of mayonnaise. Questions about food poisoning came up, and I wanted to share what I learned from a chemist.
Ed, who was our tour guide, is a food chemistry whiz. During the tour, someone asked if we really needed to worry about mayonnaise. People are always worried that mayonnaise will spoil. Ed's answer will surprise you. Ed said that all commercially-made mayo is completely safe.
"It doesn't even have to be refrigerated. No harm in refrigerating it, but it's not really necessary." He explained that the pH in mayonnaise is set at a point that bacteria could not survive in that environment. He then talked about the summer picnic, with the bowl of potato salad sitting on the table, and how everyone blames the mayonnaise when someone gets sick.
Ed says that, when food poisoning is reported, the first thing the officials look for is when the 'victim' last ate ONIONS and where those onions came from (in the potato salad?). Ed says it's not the mayonnaise (as long as it's not homemade mayo) that spoils in the outdoors. It's probably the ONIONS, and if not the onions, it's the POTATOES.
He explained onions are a huge magnet for bacteria, especially uncooked onions. You should never plan to keep a portion of a sliced onion.. He says it's not even safe if you put it in a zip-lock bag and put it in your refrigerator.
cont
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#407302 Dec 6, 2012
cont ABOUT ONIONS

It's already contaminated enough just by being cut open and out for a bit, that it can be a danger to you (and doubly watch out for those onions you put in your hotdogs at the baseball park!). Ed says if you take the leftover onion and cook it like crazy you'll probably be okay, but if you slice that leftover onion and put on your sandwich, you're asking for trouble. Both the onions and the moist potato in a potato salad, will attract and grow bacteria faster than any commercial mayonnaise will even begin to break down.
Also, dogs should never eat onions. Their stomachs cannot metabolize onions.
Please remember it is dangerous to cut an onion and try to use it to cook the next day, it becomes highly poisonous for even a single night and creates toxic bacteria which may cause adverse stomach infections because of excess bile secretions and even food poisoning.
Please pass this on to all you love and care about.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#407303 Dec 6, 2012
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, but I have not seen many protestants on a journey. Salvation is not a process its an event. How someone who claims to be a preacher can say sanctification has nothing to with any suffering is beyond me. However nothing will ever be satisfactory for 4bdn because the view of sanctification/justification are not the same. For him/her its all done. The do not understand the churches teaching on grace. It will always boil down to what Paul and James were saying. That was a major shift. What do Catholics know they are the whore of babylon and those early Fathers were all daft according to those in here. I am done with them, but its useless to talk about purification from someone who claims they are completely pure. Its all done. They read some words one day and thats it.
"For just as you presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness, resulting in further lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness, resulting in sanctification." (Rom 6:19)
For you know what commandments we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus. For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality.(1 Thess 4:2-3)
Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also vessels of wood and of earthenware, and some to honor and some to dishonor. Therefore, if a man cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.(2 Tim 2:20-21)
The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.... if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us.(1 John 2:4-6; 4:12)
Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and let the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and let the one who is holy, still keep himself holy.(Rev 22:11)
Romans 5:3-5 And not only this, but [we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; 4 and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; 5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us (What!?) Suffering? Tribulations? Does what!?
2 Thessalonians 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
Dust Storm
Peace

I understand and sympathize with your struggle....

I am coming to understand that when the Gentile mind, which is unconformed to Christ comes to a realization of salvation is in Jesus Christ alone and accepts this Gift, it is the Great Epiphany, they become part of a journey on this earth, a pilgrim.

There are times when we feel anchored(at rest) in this voyage, and also when we are underway....That sense of being at anchor is both salvation and sanctification.

But we must voyage on...,on a pilgrimage, and we carry the Anchor of our Faith, with us. Then comes in the difficult storms, and monotonous time which strengthens our faith, and is sanctification in a process.

Most often in this journey we are not aware of carrying our cross daily. But it still happens. And so we find it easy to remember the big moments, which are like epiphanies in in our sanctification process.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#407304 Dec 6, 2012
who="hojo"
Thanks, but you Jethro8 can "believe what you want"! I've listen to your anti-catholicism distortions of TRUE history and biblical truths, repeatedly!! I'll stick to the TRUTH of history and the bible with Jesus Christ at (Daily Mass, the Eucharist, the biblical readings, the Sacraments and the Adoration Prayer Chapel, in and through Our Lords One True Apostolic Catholic Church, which continues to grow (world-wide) each and every day. Hope your atheism, or agnosicism or "whatever -unbelief of the TRUTH--- that you "prefer to hold onto"---works out for you!!
Hojo...I recognize your posts before I even see your name. Try praising God instead of your One True Apostolic Catholic Church, Sacraments, and the Adoration Prayer Chapel.
KayMarie
Daily Mass, the Eucharist, Prayer, Bible Readings, etc.---are ALL giving "glory, adoration, respect, homage, reverence, veneration and PRAISE to Almighty God HIMSELF and to HIS SON Jesus Christ, ALL which is manifested in and through Our Lords Catholic Church--of which HIS bride---IS---the Church!......... Thanks KayMarie and Gods Blessing to you and your family during this season of Advent!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#407305 Dec 6, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If that religion happens to be the one that Jesus Christ started, then I'm all in.
So far, I find no reason to dismiss the Catholic Churchs claim about their existence. It checks out by independent non-Christian historians.
The Protestants claim does not. Sola Scripture is a foreign concept and is not what Christ wished for.
Clay says....

1) It checks out by independent non-Christian historians.

2) Sola Scripture is a foreign concept and is not what Christ wished for.

Michael says....

1) What non-christian historians? No one at anytime from 7BCE to 30AD said a peep about a son of God, miracle man Jesus. Why?

2) If there was a Christ, how do you know what he wished for? Were you there to witness this wish?

Its all just conjecture, and wishful thinking on your behalf. It was all taught to you, when you were born by CHANCE into your belief system.

BUSTED!

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#407306 Dec 6, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
Celibacy is Church Practice, Not Dogma
This is used to 'explain' why the CC does one thing, but declares that it is not dogma. What it really says is that 'the thing may not be doctrine, but we do it our way, anyhow.'
That offends my intelligence. If it is wrong, it should not be done. If it is right, it should be required.
I Tim.3:3 Bishops must BE the husband of one wife.
I Tim.3:11 Deacons wives must BE...
I Tim.3:12 LET (allow) deacons to BE the husband of one wife...
What part of BE (present tense) do you not understand?
And where is there any mention of a widower?
Widows are not to remarry? That does not explain putting youthful...never married girls into a house next door to youthful unmarried men...and having them work together. It is a recipe for temptation/trouble.
KayMarie
As is usual you cherry pick verses in order to condemn the Catholic Church. The grammar in the text is intended not as a command but as a restriction, i.e., they are not to have MULTIPLE wives or marriages.

Why do you ignore;

Matt. 19:11-12
Matt. 19:29
Matt. 22:30
1 Cor 7:1
1 Cor. 7:7
1 Cor. 7:27
1 Cor. 7:32-33, 38

?
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407307 Dec 6, 2012
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
You think anybody's gonna understand your jibberish?
Do you think anybody wants to?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#407308 Dec 6, 2012
Clay...were it me...I would leave in writing MY WORDS...so that one could see/know exactly what I wished them to know. I would not leave such an important matter to men who may distort them.
...and yet it was.

Why do you believe men?
This would assure me that IF ANYONE distorted my words, honest people could read THEM and see what "I" had to say.

*looks around for honest people*

Hmmmm.....we have a conundrum.
If I could then leave my spirit to guide the readers, I could be confident that 'those who had my spirit' would understand my words with his help.

You don't believe in the Spirit [Self]- remember?
And I would know that those who distorted my words obviously did not have my spirit.
Is this like you distorting "God's Word" to your own liking?
Is the Bible distorted?
Yes.
Has it been mis-interpreted?
Yes.
You think that GOD can't do better than that?
Yes.
The Bible has stood for centuries.

Not really - it has changed its meaning over many centuries.

http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Wars-Patriarchs-E...
It has brought peace, redemption, healing, prosperity (and everything else we need), and remains the best selling book ever. EVEN IF THERE WERE NO GOD, that Book is the greatest material ever given to man.

"best-selling book" - profit off of Jesus.
- Only in America can you do this.
- The Bible also has caused wars and murder, but also condones rape, hatred and slavery.
- Maybe you decided to skip over those passages because they didn't sit well with you?
But of course, we KNOW that GOD IS, and HIS WORD LIVES FOREVER.
You don't know "God" or what "He" can or can't do, so please stop lying to otehrs that you do.
The Bible is our anchor.

For the feeble-minded, yes, because they don't know how to take responsibility for their actions or admit they are dishonest. Like you.
The Holy Spirit does abide with us forever.
Citation please.
But there are evil spirits that would whisper doubt and fear, etc. to us.

Citation please.
When this occurs the Holy Spirit WILL BRING TO OUR REMEMBRANCE those things that Jesus taught...and the Holy Spirit WILL AGREE with "IT IS WRITTEN".
And no doubt - you have some proof to support this, right?
No man can minister to us with such power. "I am not ashamed of the gospel, for IT is the POWER OF GOD unto salvation.
KayMarie
They did - you lose.

#407309 Dec 6, 2012
who="LTM"
Hi Jethro sorry to hear you were ill, hope you are ok now.

Same here. Praying for you.

Gif and KM
Pad

Rockford, IL

#407310 Dec 6, 2012
Free Mind :Tapestry of the Christian Religion.

For all who cannot imagine a Living organism of faith in Christ which is His and His alone,than in another aspect we can see that all the affiliations of Christian endeavor are really ONE in Him and used by Him for His glory.

If we look at the opposite side of a beautiful tapestry,it is many bulges and confusing jabs of material,zig zags and not at all visibly comprehendable.BUT when you turn it over to the right side,you see a beautiful picture of something that keeps your eyes fasted to its message to continuity and truth.

Our faith in Christ from the first century after the Death and resurrection of our Lord till now,has been assailed by every negative and destructive force known to human kind.

We have in our history intense persecution,and self destruction as well,especially in the Reformation years.

But now we have countless affiliations and denominations,and so called churches. If the truth be known we all praise and serve the same JESUS Christ,Messiah of us all.On the flip side of the Tapestry of our Christian titles,is the confusing sig sags and bulges that distort us and make us seem as divided and non related in the least.

But when we flip over to the right side,where there is truly a picture that is comprehended,is Christ with many people of all different backgrounds,ethnicities,races, and occupations,ages all represented.All clergy dressed in their particular garb for service to Christ,and Jesus is holding His Word,the symbols of our faith surround HIM at the Altar.

The Father is in the backgound,and the Dove with the radiance of the Holy Spirit is above the Head of the Lord Jesus.There is no confusion in HIS Face,the Lord Jesus knows all those who are present are His.Many have come through great affliction,and many by faith,but ALL came through the BLOOD.

I cannot hate any group or affiliation in Christ,because they all serve Him,and praise Him and lead others to Him.In the young faces of the youth of all affiliations there is a hunger and a desire to know the Living God,and we must encourage them as they are the C h u r c h of the future.

Recently I went through a concordance and looked up every verse on the C h u r c h,in the New Testament.It is the living organism of the Body of Christ in believers.Our common element is faith in Christ,we all came by the same Body,His Body,and we all were cleansed by the same B l o o d<His.

"NOW to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine,according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the CHURCH and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever! Amen."
Ephesians 3:20-21.

"Keep watch over yourselves, and over the whole flock the Holy Spirit has given to you to guard. Shepherd the CHURCH of God, which he has acquired at the price of His own B l o o d." Acts 20:28.

#407311 Dec 6, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
As is usual you cherry pick verses in order to condemn the Catholic Church. The grammar in the text is intended not as a command but as a restriction, i.e., they are not to have MULTIPLE wives or marriages.
Why do you ignore;
Matt. 19:11-12
Matt. 19:29
Matt. 22:30
1 Cor 7:1
1 Cor. 7:7
1 Cor. 7:27
1 Cor. 7:32-33, 38
?

Haven't time to comment on all those right now. But none of them explains the rationale of putting groups of unmarried men and unmarried women to live and work side by side. "You can see...but don't touch."

"Be fruitful and multiply" was a command to humankind...

KayMarie
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407312 Dec 6, 2012
Romans 10:4
4 For Christ is the end of the law (Old Covenant) for righteousness to every one that believeth.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#407313 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
You have given me the same OLE SONG AND DANCE as was given the Second that third time I ask the question...calling me names and railing on me...
BUT YOU HAVE NOT GIVEN AN ANSWER FOR YOUR HOPE ...
EVIDENTLY YOU ARE JUST REEVING YOU MOTOR IN VENGEANCE UPON ME
YOU HAVE NO ANSWER...
YOU HONESTLY HAVE NO HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE ..RIGHT
YOU CAN'T GIVE ANS ANSWER BECAUSE THERE IS NONE TO BE FOUND IN YOUR FABLES CONJECTURE, ASSUMPTIONS ANS PRESUMPTUOUSNESS..
IT IS A DEAD END STREET..
A ROAD TO NO WHERE...
AFTER DEATH ? WHAT THEN ?
I'm not calling you names, you are, in fact, ignorant of Catholic teaching. And you lie about it. I know this because I know Catholic teaching. You know it because you mis-represent it all the time.

In your sad little world you know deep down that you MUST prove Catholicism wrong, because if it's right, you're in deep trouble. While you scream and holler and codemn Catholics (with your fingers stuck in your ears), you do it out of fear and rage, not love and concern.

I know who and what you are confrinting, and so does God.
I hope for your sake it's not too late for you because I do care about your eternal soul.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#407314 Dec 6, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
Celibacy is Church Practice, Not Dogma
This is used to 'explain' why the CC does one thing, but declares that it is not dogma. What it really says is that 'the thing may not be doctrine, but we do it our way, anyhow.'
That offends my intelligence. If it is wrong, it should not be done. If it is right, it should be required.
I Tim.3:3 Bishops must BE the husband of one wife.
I Tim.3:11 Deacons wives must BE...
I Tim.3:12 LET (allow) deacons to BE the husband of one wife...
What part of BE (present tense) do you not understand?
And where is there any mention of a widower?
Widows are not to remarry? That does not explain putting youthful...never married girls into a house next door to youthful unmarried men...and having them work together. It is a recipe for temptation/trouble.
KayMarie
No where in those verses is marriage a requirement.

"Admittedly, there's no hint in the New Testament of celibacy being mandatory either among the apostles or those they ordained. But we have ample warrant in the words of Christ and the writings of Paul that celibacy is a higher calling than marriage. Christ Himself was celibate, and the Incarnation took place, so to speak, in the context of Mary and Joseph's abstention from sexual relations. Pope Benedict XVI has written eloquently about how Mary's virginity is really a condition of spiritual fruitfulness. At one point, the disciples ask Christ if it is "expedient not to marry?" He replies that "not all can accept this teaching; but those to whom it has been given. For there are eunuchs who were born so...and there are eunuchs who have made themselves so for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let him accept it who can" (Mt 19:10-12)."
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/resources/a...

I know I've mentioned this before, but am conducting a little experiment today...celibacy is a requirement for Bishops in the Orthodox Church and if a priest is not already married at the time of his ordination, he must also remain celibate. I'm curious, what are your thoughts about this??

#407315 Dec 6, 2012
who="hojo"
Daily Mass, the Eucharist, Prayer, Bible Readings, etc.---are ALL giving "glory, adoration, respect, homage, reverence, veneration and PRAISE to Almighty God HIMSELF and to HIS SON Jesus Christ, ALL which is manifested in and through Our Lords Catholic Church--of which HIS bride---IS---the Church!......... Thanks KayMarie and Gods Blessing to you and your family during this season of Advent!!
You are welcome, and may your Christmas be the most blessed ever!
I am no stranger to glory, adoration, reverence, etc. to Almighty God. I am part of THE CHURCH which is His bride. I call it the Invisible Church for it's chapel cannot be seen by man's eye...and it has multitude of parts from EVERY TRIBE AND TONGUE AND NATION in it. WE are His temple, the temple of the Holy Ghost.
Every Baptist, Methodist, etc. is not my brother/sister, but all of those who truly love HIM ARE MY FAMILY...His bride. Together, Peter says, we are Living Stones, and make up the REAL church.
KayMarie
Pad

Rockford, IL

#407316 Dec 6, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
In this day and age hojo,we have a real advantage,we can view on TV all of our various Christian affiliations,including your Catholic,and the Orthodox,and various Protestant expressions. It is something to go from group to group and see the same Name of Jesus praised,lifted up,and His Word R E A D and honored and expounded on in all the expressions of our Faith as Christians.

I am not saying that what is viewed on TV is the best or more perfect expression of each endeavor to serve Christ,but it gives you a broad glimpse to all of those who are HIS.

I watched a Benediction and Devotion Mass at the Poor Clare chapel in Alabama on EWTN.Much like those High Masses I witnessed often as a child.Seing the young priest go forward and touch the Monstrance,and make the sign of the Cross with it.His homily though short,was clear on serving the only Lord we know J E S U S,in the Love of the Father and the Power of the Holy Spirit.

I also watched the same night a Lutheran woman tell of her awful experience in Japan as her son fell from a second story building,and was paralyzed,but after 7 years of rehab he is now normal.The woman was an opera singer,and the Lord saw fit to appear to her and ignite in her a faith of love and truth that has given both her husband and herself a new relationship with Christ.She saw Jesus and was so blessed by the encounter,she was sharing with evangelical women,and they were blessed and encouraged by her testimony.I watched a great preacher of the Word a young Asian Joseph Prince elaborate on grace and it was powerful.I can see that Christ works all in all.He is in the priest,in the Lutheran woman,and in Joseph Prince,all for His glory,giving to many who watch an opportunity of faith,believing and connecting with the Holy One of Israel.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407317 Dec 6, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
. It checks out by independent non-Christian historians.
That is not quite true. Many historians disagree with many of the claims of the RCC. Most do not agree with the claim of Apostolic succession of the linage of the Pops.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope eases church rule on abortion forgiveness 56 min Catholic24 10
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 2 hr 15th Dalai Lama 84,418
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon 3Way4me 9,681
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Aug 30 Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
More from around the web