Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,033
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#407248 Dec 6, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says....
.." Why would you be looking for agreement from him on what it says.
Michael says...
.. Because she likes me. Isn't that reason enough?
Why do you Anthony always agree with ReginaM? Only because she is catholic? If she wasn't, you wouldn't give a damn about ReginaM. and if you weren't a catholic she wouldn't like you either.
Sad when I see people build relationships solely on ones religious "born by CHANCE belief".
Amen.

This isn't a 3rd grade school yard where "you can't talk to her because I don't like her."

Amen.
Clay

United States

#407249 Dec 6, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
-
But, look at THESE commandments while considering the Pedophile priests and those (church hierarchy, all the way to the Pope) who covered up for them.
-
7. You shall not commit adultery
WHAT? do Catholic Priests think it is NOT adultery to rape a child?
-
9. You shall not bear false witness
they rape children and then LIE about raping children?
-
10. You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor
and someone should tell them they should not covet their parish members' children.
-
I despise the Catholic Church for the lies she has told for 2000 years.
Clay:
I'll promise you the same thing I promised Confrint.
I'm willing to leave the Catholic faith tomorrow, if you could somehow persuade me that the Church is wrong and you are right.
But here is the kicker: you're not allowed to use deception. I will look into whatever you tell me... If it doesn't check out, I can't follow you.
Example: if you say 'sex abuse scandal'..
and my research shows its the same numbers in YOUR church as mine and in YOUR family as mine- statistically speaking, then I'll dismiss you.
If you say "Catholics worship statues".. And I - being Catholic - knows this is not true- I will dismiss whatever cult you're trying to get me to join.
If you speak truth, then it should be a piece of cake to get me out of Catholicism
Your move.
If the first lines of this post (from guest, I believe) have no effect on you, then you will never change unless God wakes you up.
KayMarie
Please explain this:

All data shows the sex abuse scandal that the Catholic Church has endured is NO MORE rampant in the Pentecostals then the CC...
Its no more a problem in the Baptist then the Presbyterian. This is irrefutable evidence.

So my question to you is, why are you even telling me "God needs to wake me up".
Don't you comprehend that if I leave the Catholic Church cuz of the pedophile thing, and I join the Pentecostals... I still got the same issue?

Wake up Kay. Don't ignore these truths.

So I ask again, save me from Catholicism, WITHOUT using deception.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#407250 Dec 6, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
-
But, look at THESE commandments while considering the Pedophile priests and those (church hierarchy, all the way to the Pope) who covered up for them.
-
7. You shall not commit adultery
WHAT? do Catholic Priests think it is NOT adultery to rape a child?
-
9. You shall not bear false witness
they rape children and then LIE about raping children?
-
10. You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor
and someone should tell them they should not covet their parish members' children.
-
I despise the Catholic Church for the lies she has told for 2000 years.
Clay:
I'll promise you the same thing I promised Confrint.
I'm willing to leave the Catholic faith tomorrow, if you could somehow persuade me that the Church is wrong and you are right.
But here is the kicker: you're not allowed to use deception. I will look into whatever you tell me... If it doesn't check out, I can't follow you.
Example: if you say 'sex abuse scandal'..
and my research shows its the same numbers in YOUR church as mine and in YOUR family as mine- statistically speaking, then I'll dismiss you.
If you say "Catholics worship statues".. And I - being Catholic - knows this is not true- I will dismiss whatever cult you're trying to get me to join.
If you speak truth, then it should be a piece of cake to get me out of Catholicism
Your move.
If the first lines of this post (from guest, I believe) have no effect on you, then you will never change unless God wakes you up.
KayMarie
~~~

JESUS SAID..

Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

I have been patient with the Roman Catholics because they have been

approached by the Father to come unto Jesus..HE EVIDENTLY HAS ATTEMPT3D TO DRAW THEM.

BUT

THEY HAVE BEEN DECEIVED, BY A FORM OF GODLINESS...THAT IS A PLACEBO...

IT HAS THE APPEARANCE ....OF THE REAL DEAL ...BUT IT IS A DEAD END STREET.

THEIRS.... IS A RELIGIOUS SCAM.... THAT ...AT THE END OF THE ROAD...THERE IS NO PROMISE OF ETERNAL LIFE WITH CHRIST.

A true christian has the assurance that He is going to Heaven...

After a person has gone through all the calisthenics rituals and drank

(what the deem to be) the blood of Jesus, and consumed His body...daily.

they can't say that they know (beyond a shadow of a doubt ) that they have been redeemed.

Catholicism does not and cannot give that assurance.

THE lack of assurance above ....COMES FROM REFUSING TO READ AND BELIEVE

THAT THE BIBLE IS...

THE ONLY TRUE WORD OF GOD THAT CAN BE TRUSTED CONCERNING... the

redemption of ONE'S SOUL.

Mar_8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#407251 Dec 6, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it sad, that because someone like yourself born by CHANCE into your religous belief, and another person born by CHANCE into a different religious belief, hate each other because of what they were taught by their religious beliefs.
If there is a God, he has no religion. God would love everyone equal, whether you want to believe that or not.
I miss the good old days, when they were killing each other in the 100 Years War, the 30 Years Wa,. etc., etc.

No matter, after so many centuries, it looks like God is beginning to look favorably on China and India again. God already gave the Muslims most of the oil. So it looks like Christianity is becoming a predominantly 3rd world religion, replacing voodoo and other mystical beliefs.

Maybe the Haitian brand of Catholicism will become mainstream?
truth

Perth, Australia

#407252 Dec 6, 2012
Its pure and clear 4000 2000 years ago all prophets see.
Why they liked destroy church, change time as well
much more.
They liked be bigger then God.

Is that problem free mind call me liar???

Nothing new..no..who watch creation but fall.

How many times fall?
truth

Perth, Australia

#407253 Dec 6, 2012
Creator know everything about us.

Why is that wrong?
Please tell me!
Did our lovely leaders make mistake?

How many times i liked tell you..your Creator created everything what we see or can't see.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#407254 Dec 6, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well one things for certain...you're not interested in the how's and why's we Catholics believe as we do.
You're not required one bit to accept it. If Fatima bothers you, don't believe it.
And God doesn't require an intercessor. But God wants intercessors. He wants everyone of us to pray for each other. If we go to Heaven like Mary and the Saints did, our prayers don't cease. In fact, they become more powerful because we're in the presence of God without the strain of sin dragging on us.
When you understand how God requires us to move towards Him first, then you can see how Marys message was true. She could have helped along with our friends the Saints.
I believe she did help us when millions of us turned to her intercession in regards to the Soviet Union. They tried to gun down our Pope because he stood up to them. 11 yrs later the Soviet Union became free. And now they are letting the Orthodox Church become a part of Russian society again. Soon the Orthodox will be reunited with Rome again, and it will be total victory over the once evil empire. That's the fulfillment of the prophecies of Fatima..Just my take..
Clay, thank you. No name calling and I can see you are attempting to give a reasoned reply.

I will reply in kind.

You claim that I am not interested in the how's and why's Catholics believe as they do.

Catholics believe what they are told to believe -- when "perfect teachings" on faith and morals are taught "infallibly."

Here's the problem. The RCC beleif system is so convoluted and detailed, no one -- not you, not Catholic AAPriest, not even the Pope -- knows which teachings are "perfect" or "infallible."

There are 7 "official" levels of belief, each with 5 or more sub-levels. Furthermore, "infallible" and "perfect" teachings from one era can be changed 100% in to "perfect" and "infallible" teachings in another era.

For centuries, Papal Bulls were considered infallible, until they weren't. Beyond the most basic concepts of the RCC and Christianity, who knows what is what? Not you!!

Regarding Fatima -- of course you are "not required" to believe it. So what?

1... All of the Popes since the Fatima Miracle have recognized that the Message is authentic.

2... Several Popes have gone to Fatima in person, including Paul VI, John Paul I and John Paul II.

3... John Paul II said at Fatima in 1982 that "the Message of Fatima imposes an obligation on the Church."

But under the "rules of RCC belief," this is not "official teaching."

This is called "doing the two-step."

With regard to the USSR, get real. Mary's Fatima threat (WW2) in the end strengthened the USSR and in fact, SPREAD COMMUNISM.

Protestant majority countries like the USA and the UK faced down Communism, but you want your church to take all the credit.

As for the so-called consecration of today's Russia in devotion to Mary's Sacred Heart, when exactly did that happen? I have heard various theories.

But in the end, everything I post is to the topic of this Board. If the reality that you read here makes you angry or unsettled, why not go to a Catholic forum instead./

But when you post under the title of this thread -- with a certain claim of moral superiority and superior standing with God -- then you should be able to back it up with real life events, rather than just your opinion.

Amen.

#407255 Dec 6, 2012
who="_BobLoblah_"07D ec12.....
.....You must own da largest Pulp & Paper mills in da WholeWideWorld to manufacturer the paper on which you keep your listings of 'ALL Catholics'.
Ps:....Define 'a lot' are child molesters.....!!!!!
Most child molestations happen within the immediate family.
How many of your family have you buggered???....ya schidt-for-brains.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

You speak as one who has much knowledge of family problems...and in the same mouth, you defend the CC's TOO loudly.
One of the first attempted 'defenses' that a guilty child presents, is, "he did it, too."

KayMarie
truth

Perth, Australia

#407256 Dec 6, 2012
Yes Bob..i try tell you as flower others use smart intelligence ..its start open as flower.

Why I am Bob wrong?

Its symbol ..maybe its not from God..its from someone who can and is created by whom?

After all someone created them too.

Why I am liar?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#407257 Dec 6, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>06Dec12.....
....and dis coming from an eeejit like you,'sickaelBreath'.
Ps: so you say no GOD!!!
Go ahead and tell BobLoblah.....WHO made da dirt!!!
....and don't shag around wit yer answer, ya schidt-for-brains.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Hello Loblaws.....

Did you know that God doesn't even know that you exist?

... Every post you make, God covers his eyes in embarassment, and cant' understand where he went wrong with you. Your the missing LINK!, a mutation. Your DNA is completely opposite of the rest of us. You are not made of DIRT! like the rest of us.

... You came from the unseen/unknown planet behind the sun called planet BOB. God didn't even know planet Bob existed. We don't know how you got here, but we would gladly help you find your way back to your mutant family.

Live Action

Shawnee, OK

#407258 Dec 6, 2012
Has anyone looked up the definition of a cult it is any religious organization so they are all cults.

Again you sheeple are worshiping a man made god the only thing that makes the creator a god is man and man changing his name.I have told you all this a thousand times and yet to have one person prove this to be incorrect but instead of accepting the truth you would rather look over it.it it because you are afraid to admit you are wrong or that you have all been brainwashed from children And anyone that can read can see what the roman catholick church is the beast the woman that sits on seven hills named after seven different gods.I'm not trying to make anyone mad just trying to open your eyes to the truth.
Clay

United States

#407259 Dec 6, 2012
7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>It was too long for you to care because it is documented proof of what the RCC has done against and contrary to Gods Word.
It goes back to what Gods word is; what the Bible is; who's the authority to interpret Gods word.

Just because a person like Guest shows up 2,000 yrs later to tell everyone what Gods word is saying, doesn't mean we should believe her.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#407260 Dec 6, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
It is about loving one another....
And you have hit the nail on the head.....NO RELIGION AFFILIATION IS REQUIRED.

Therefore, the RCC is not accurate in its self-described label.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#407261 Dec 6, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
I miss the good old days, when they were killing each other in the 100 Years War, the 30 Years Wa,. etc., etc.
No matter, after so many centuries, it looks like God is beginning to look favorably on China and India again. God already gave the Muslims most of the oil. So it looks like Christianity is becoming a predominantly 3rd world religion, replacing voodoo and other mystical beliefs.
Maybe the Haitian brand of Catholicism will become mainstream?
I think you are right!

Just a few years ago, practically all the electronics and textile industries existed in america. God thought that to be greedy. A monopoly!

God took that out of the hands of americans and moved them overseas to CHINA, and BANGLADESH to give them an even playing field. Cheap labor, plus high productivity, means more rice and sugar cane.

What good christian american family wouldn't want to help out a chinese or vietnamese family to have exactly as they have.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#407262 Dec 6, 2012
I believe that, by rteally stretching reality, one can call Catholicism a cult and if you desire to do so, it may make sense to you.However, this definition is incredulous.The diversity of Catholics, their individual dispositions and personalities, some of the highly analytical minds of some Catholics who have written aboout a diversity of subjects,the individuality and independence of man Catholics,the strong minds and personalities that are difficult to coerce, we can go on and on.

On one hand we want to accuse the atholics of rebelling against thir Church by not following Its dictates and on the other hand we want to accuse them of being blind cult followers.

If you have an argument against any faith, make a legitimate, sound argument.

Albuquerque, NM

#407263 Dec 6, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
. If it doesn't check out, I can't follow you.
Shouldn't you be following "God" and not some religion?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#407264 Dec 6, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>07Dec12.....
.....You must own da largest Pulp & Paper mills in da WholeWideWorld to manufacturer the paper on which you keep your listings of 'ALL Catholics'.
Ps:....Define 'a lot' are child molesters.....!!!!!
Most child molestations happen within the immediate family.
How many of your family have you buggered???....ya schidt-for-brains.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Bobloblahblobla......

...You keep covering up and making excuses for the child molesting catholic clergy. Were you molested by a priest/bishop when you were young?

Did one of them punch your pants when you were a kid? Its OK, you can tell us. Don't hold back! Were here to help.

Albuquerque, NM

#407265 Dec 6, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>06Dec12.....
.....BobLoblah unnerstans more dan you dink.
Ps:.....Now WHO made the varied mixture of different minerals and compounds that almost anything can be included...especially the most common rocks?????
..and the udder basic components of soil that is organic matter, and hydrocarbons associated with life???????
Come on. Come on. Explain WHO made dis stuffys.
Forever and Ever
You've just confirmed that your laziness outweighs any intelligence you may have.

"Dirt is a mixture of four things: stones, sand, clays and humus.
Stones of various sizes can be found in some soil. They may have come from underlying bedrock or may have been carried into the area and mixed in over time.
Sand is tiny crystals and is usually cloudy white or beige. The spaces between sand particles let water drain into the soil.
Clays are minerals that stick together easily. Clays generally absorb water, keeping soil moist.
Humus is made of the remains of dead plants and animals that are slowly being consumed by organisms called dentrivores. Dentrivores break down dead things and return many of the nutrients to the soil. Most fungi, as well as many bacteria, insects, mites and worms, are dentrivores."
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Albuquerque, NM

#407266 Dec 6, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
06Dec12,,,,,
.....For ALL the bullschidt dat has been placed hereIN this topic......
...the Holy Roman Catholic Church is the ONE True Church.
Ps:.....but, of course, the hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists have schidt-for-brains and could Never see it that way.
More the pity, BobLoblah dinks.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
*hands you a loaded gun*

Maybe it would be better, if you just take yourself out of the gene pool.

:o)

#407267 Dec 6, 2012
who="Clay"
Please explain this:
All data shows the sex abuse scandal that the Catholic Church has endured is NO MORE rampant in the Pentecostals then the CC...
Its no more a problem in the Baptist then the Presbyterian. This is irrefutable evidence.
So my question to you is, why are you even telling me "God needs to wake me up".
Don't you comprehend that if I leave the Catholic Church cuz of the pedophile thing, and I join the Pentecostals... I still got the same issue?
Wake up Kay. Don't ignore these truths.
So I ask again, save me from Catholicism, WITHOUT using deception.

Clay, I trust that you are being serious about this. I don't believe in deception; if I cannot tell you the truth, I WILL NOT lie to you.

I am convinced that this "others do it, too" propaganda is just that: Propaganda. Yes, there are Protestants that have done sick things...but it is just false to say that the offense is rampant in Protestant churches. I've known a few of these incidents (very few), and in those cases, the offenders were not exactly 'devoted' Christians. In no case has any Protestant leader had to produce millions of dollars to calm down the resulting 'fuss' of multiple offenses. In many cases, the guilty party has gone to jail.

The CC problem is largely due to the fact that millions of hopeful youth have gone into that 'ministry', with a real desire to do good. BUT they have been confined to a style that denies their inner command to "be fruitful, and multiply." In defense of that situation, CC's tell me that "no one forces them to enter the ministry, and they agree to celibacy as part of that."

NO young person who has ever been involved sexually would/could sincerely swear that he/she would forever be celibate...except the rare one who is physically or mentally prepared for it. And Jesus said that those were few. To attempt it on a wholesale fashion is to plan for failure...and ask a youth to vow to do something nearly impossible.

Protestants do not require such a vow. Most are married. The few who do offend are those whose relationship ability is impaired. They feel neglected, and look for some fulfillment.(STILL WRONG) "IF we walk in the Light, as He is in the light, WE HAVE FELLOWSHIP with another..."

In every case, the 'cure' is to teach children (by word AND example) to "love one another". A mature individual need not be feared by anyone.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope hopes Turkey visit promotes peace 32 min Dander 1
A Gentleman. 14 hr QUITTNER Nov27 2014 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Crazy 8,633
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Tue pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) Tue God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Mon Economist 1
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... Nov 23 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE