Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
392,241 - 392,260 of 537,195 Comments Last updated 22 min ago

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407231
Dec 6, 2012
 
the
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407232
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>The RCC shortened/omitted commandments changed the times and laws concerning them as well and you know it.
No, I don't know that. Are you falsely accusing the Church too??
Honestly, can ANY of you function WITHOUT deception?
Why don't you simply ask Catholics about the ten commandments?
I'll will concur that in some books that are written by Catholics, you'll see much of the Commandments shortened to get to the point and for easier memorization.

The point of the second commandment is not to worship false gods; not to construct statues of these false gods; not to bow down to statues of these false gods.
You isolate the statue line to accuse Catholics of worshiping them.

Now, the Catholic Church did not change the ten commandments. Do you still want to accuse them?
Keep in mind that other commandment about baring false witness.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407233
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Sherlayne wrote:
guest, I typed a lot but I think it got lost. Your post was incredible and displayed great intelligence. I've always wondered WHY we're taught to offer our sufferings to God - couldn't one infer that Jesus' sacrifice was insufficient? And there are too many "middlemen" and one "middlewoman" that we don't need, as we're supposed to go directly to God. Jesus made that loud and clear, didn't He?
Anyway, your writing was terrific and thanks for taking all that time with invaluable info that can raise our awareness :) God bless.
Guest merely copied an essay word for word. It was too long for me to care.

To offer our sufferings to God is a beautiful and powerful gesture. Its a way to purge off our sins and be whole again.
To do it on behalf of our fellow man, is following in the footsteps of Christ. And that's is profound. I don't think God requires this of us, but I'm sure He welcomes this display of love and faith.

The Devil cringes at the thought of us doing such a gesture for God.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407234
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

4GVN wrote:
Robert F, I asked you very specific questions.
I asked you,
'How many of your sins did Jesus die for?"
You didn't answer.
I asked you,
How many did He take upon Himself and carry to the cross?
You didn't answer.
I asked you'
Was Jesus' payment enough?
You didn't answer.
I asked you,
Is there more to be paid?
You didn't answer.
I asked you,
Can we in any way add to the sacrificial payment that Jesus made?
You didn't answer.
And I asked you,
And what did Jesus mean when He stated that "IT IS FINISHED?"
And YOU DIDN"Y ANSWER.
If you want an honest dialog, please answer these questions.
"It Is Finished"

God's will was completed.....

Colossians 2:14

14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness,(Old Covenant) which stood against us and condemned us; [he has taken it away,]~nailing it to the cross.~

"It Is Finished"

Romans 10:4

4 For Christ is the end of the law (Old Covenant) for righteousness to every one that believeth.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407235
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

4GVN wrote:
Robert F, I asked you very specific questions.
I asked you,
'How many of your sins did Jesus die for?"
You didn't answer.
I asked you,
How many did He take upon Himself and carry to the cross?
You didn't answer.
I asked you'
Was Jesus' payment enough?
You didn't answer.
I asked you,
Is there more to be paid?
You didn't answer.
I asked you,
Can we in any way add to the sacrificial payment that Jesus made?
You didn't answer.
And I asked you,
And what did Jesus mean when He stated that "IT IS FINISHED?"
And YOU DIDN"Y ANSWER.
If you want an honest dialog, please answer these questions.
"It Is Finished"

Jesus was proclaiming the completion of His work given to Him by His Father.

John 17:4

4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407236
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

who="_BobLoblah_" 06Dec12,,,,,
.....For ALL the bullschidt dat has been placed hereIN this topic......
...the Holy Roman Catholic Church is the ONE True Church.
Ps:.....but, of course, the hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists have schidt-for-brains and could Never see it that way.
More the pity, BobLoblah dinks.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

**********

Are we to assume that your language display come from your HOLY RCC?

Your mouth needs to be washed out with soap.

KayMarie
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407237
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

confe
you not tell me
which years i died..

How many times as well who is on my place?
dr fill

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407239
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>07Dec12.....
.....BobLoblah fights 'fire with fire'.
Ps:....BobLoblah uses da only kinda language dat ALL you hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists unnastans.
....go and shove yer soap up yer arseHole and at da same dime haul down dat condom dat's been sticking out for the past 6 weeks.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
I have found that all catholics are hypocrites and adulters and alot are child molesters.No wonder the pervert pedofile priest that teach them are the biggest molesters.All done with the popes approval.They are indeed some sick asssss bastards!!!!!
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407240
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Guest merely copied an essay word for word. It was too long for me to care.
To offer our sufferings to God is a beautiful and powerful gesture. Its a way to purge off our sins and be whole again.
To do it on behalf of our fellow man, is following in the footsteps of Christ. And that's is profound. I don't think God requires this of us, but I'm sure He welcomes this display of love and faith.
The Devil cringes at the thought of us doing such a gesture for God.
It was too long for you to care because it is documented proof of what the RCC has done against and contrary to Gods Word.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407241
Dec 6, 2012
 

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407242
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

-
But, look at THESE commandments while considering the Pedophile priests and those (church hierarchy, all the way to the Pope) who covered up for them.
-
7. You shall not commit adultery
WHAT? do Catholic Priests think it is NOT adultery to rape a child?
-
9. You shall not bear false witness
they rape children and then LIE about raping children?
-
10. You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor
and someone should tell them they should not covet their parish members' children.
-
I despise the Catholic Church for the lies she has told for 2000 years.

Clay:

I'll promise you the same thing I promised Confrint.

I'm willing to leave the Catholic faith tomorrow, if you could somehow persuade me that the Church is wrong and you are right.

But here is the kicker: you're not allowed to use deception. I will look into whatever you tell me... If it doesn't check out, I can't follow you.

Example: if you say 'sex abuse scandal'..
and my research shows its the same numbers in YOUR church as mine and in YOUR family as mine- statistically speaking, then I'll dismiss you.

If you say "Catholics worship statues".. And I - being Catholic - knows this is not true- I will dismiss whatever cult you're trying to get me to join.

If you speak truth, then it should be a piece of cake to get me out of Catholicism
Your move.

**********

If the first lines of this post (from guest, I believe) have no effect on you, then you will never change unless God wakes you up.

KayMarie

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407243
Dec 6, 2012
 
dr fill wrote:
<quoted text> I have found that all catholics are hypocrites and adulters and alot are child molesters.No wonder the pervert pedofile priest that teach them are the biggest molesters.All done with the popes approval.They are indeed some sick asssss bastards!!!!!
07Dec12.....

.....You must own da largest Pulp & Paper mills in da WholeWideWorld to manufacturer the paper on which you keep your listings of 'ALL Catholics'.

Ps:....Define 'a lot' are child molesters.....!!!!!

Most child molestations happen within the immediate family.

How many of your family have you buggered???....ya schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407244
Dec 6, 2012
 
truth wrote:
http://www.google.com.au/searc h?q=neven+cvijet&hl=en &tbo=d&source=lnms &tbm=isch&sa=X&ei= W7XAUKq-A42kigfQ24GgAg&ved =0CAcQ_AUoAA&biw=1472& bih=705
07Dec12.....

....and vot vould you evva do without 'gooooogle'!!!!!

Ps:....STOP wasting people's dime.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407245
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Confession is repentance. Thus, forgiveness. Thus, prove holy Spirit has my salvation.
but your sin is not only against God, is it?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407246
Dec 6, 2012
 
You not convince me about that..until tell me secrets about how many face on how many place..then i will believe you.
I think after.
Others study about us as character..me..i did not notice everything..just something..tiny as allwayes..then i start think after about people who is around me.
Yes i see very well.
I can if i want..but i don't want.
http://www.pediatricurologybook.com/duplex-ki...
i need find out my problem by myself..double kidney..could you imagine liars..is that nice say just like that..no.
then
I can't trust anyone no..
Is that 10 commandments confe

-don't be liar
for 25 years plus similar like that..ohhhhhhhhh
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407247
Dec 6, 2012
 
dr fill wrote:
<quoted text> I have found that all catholics are hypocrites and adulters and alot are child molesters.No wonder the pervert pedofile priest that teach them are the biggest molesters.All done with the popes approval.They are indeed some sick asssss bastards!!!!!
STOP!!

You shouldn't allow 96% of Catholic Clergy to give the other 4% a bad name.

Every denomination is guilty to some degree. However, they just aren't organized enough like the RCC, so as to carry out a decades-long, worldwide cover-up.

So in essence, God's chosen one-true Church is no worse than most other Churches, and certainly no worse than the Southern Baptist Conference.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407248
Dec 6, 2012
 
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony says....
.." Why would you be looking for agreement from him on what it says.
Michael says...
.. Because she likes me. Isn't that reason enough?
Why do you Anthony always agree with ReginaM? Only because she is catholic? If she wasn't, you wouldn't give a damn about ReginaM. and if you weren't a catholic she wouldn't like you either.
Sad when I see people build relationships solely on ones religious "born by CHANCE belief".
Amen.

This isn't a 3rd grade school yard where "you can't talk to her because I don't like her."

Amen.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407249
Dec 6, 2012
 
confrinting with the word wrote:
-
But, look at THESE commandments while considering the Pedophile priests and those (church hierarchy, all the way to the Pope) who covered up for them.
-
7. You shall not commit adultery
WHAT? do Catholic Priests think it is NOT adultery to rape a child?
-
9. You shall not bear false witness
they rape children and then LIE about raping children?
-
10. You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor
and someone should tell them they should not covet their parish members' children.
-
I despise the Catholic Church for the lies she has told for 2000 years.
Clay:
I'll promise you the same thing I promised Confrint.
I'm willing to leave the Catholic faith tomorrow, if you could somehow persuade me that the Church is wrong and you are right.
But here is the kicker: you're not allowed to use deception. I will look into whatever you tell me... If it doesn't check out, I can't follow you.
Example: if you say 'sex abuse scandal'..
and my research shows its the same numbers in YOUR church as mine and in YOUR family as mine- statistically speaking, then I'll dismiss you.
If you say "Catholics worship statues".. And I - being Catholic - knows this is not true- I will dismiss whatever cult you're trying to get me to join.
If you speak truth, then it should be a piece of cake to get me out of Catholicism
Your move.
**********
If the first lines of this post (from guest, I believe) have no effect on you, then you will never change unless God wakes you up.
KayMarie
Please explain this:

All data shows the sex abuse scandal that the Catholic Church has endured is NO MORE rampant in the Pentecostals then the CC...
Its no more a problem in the Baptist then the Presbyterian. This is irrefutable evidence.

So my question to you is, why are you even telling me "God needs to wake me up".
Don't you comprehend that if I leave the Catholic Church cuz of the pedophile thing, and I join the Pentecostals... I still got the same issue?

Wake up Kay. Don't ignore these truths.

So I ask again, save me from Catholicism, WITHOUT using deception.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407250
Dec 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

confrinting with the word wrote:
-
But, look at THESE commandments while considering the Pedophile priests and those (church hierarchy, all the way to the Pope) who covered up for them.
-
7. You shall not commit adultery
WHAT? do Catholic Priests think it is NOT adultery to rape a child?
-
9. You shall not bear false witness
they rape children and then LIE about raping children?
-
10. You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor
and someone should tell them they should not covet their parish members' children.
-
I despise the Catholic Church for the lies she has told for 2000 years.
Clay:
I'll promise you the same thing I promised Confrint.
I'm willing to leave the Catholic faith tomorrow, if you could somehow persuade me that the Church is wrong and you are right.
But here is the kicker: you're not allowed to use deception. I will look into whatever you tell me... If it doesn't check out, I can't follow you.
Example: if you say 'sex abuse scandal'..
and my research shows its the same numbers in YOUR church as mine and in YOUR family as mine- statistically speaking, then I'll dismiss you.
If you say "Catholics worship statues".. And I - being Catholic - knows this is not true- I will dismiss whatever cult you're trying to get me to join.
If you speak truth, then it should be a piece of cake to get me out of Catholicism
Your move.
**********
If the first lines of this post (from guest, I believe) have no effect on you, then you will never change unless God wakes you up.
KayMarie
~~~

JESUS SAID..

Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

I have been patient with the Roman Catholics because they have been

approached by the Father to come unto Jesus..HE EVIDENTLY HAS ATTEMPT3D TO DRAW THEM.

BUT

THEY HAVE BEEN DECEIVED, BY A FORM OF GODLINESS...THAT IS A PLACEBO...

IT HAS THE APPEARANCE ....OF THE REAL DEAL ...BUT IT IS A DEAD END STREET.

THEIRS.... IS A RELIGIOUS SCAM.... THAT ...AT THE END OF THE ROAD...THERE IS NO PROMISE OF ETERNAL LIFE WITH CHRIST.

A true christian has the assurance that He is going to Heaven...

After a person has gone through all the calisthenics rituals and drank

(what the deem to be) the blood of Jesus, and consumed His body...daily.

they can't say that they know (beyond a shadow of a doubt ) that they have been redeemed.

Catholicism does not and cannot give that assurance.

THE lack of assurance above ....COMES FROM REFUSING TO READ AND BELIEVE

THAT THE BIBLE IS...

THE ONLY TRUE WORD OF GOD THAT CAN BE TRUSTED CONCERNING... the

redemption of ONE'S SOUL.

Mar_8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407251
Dec 6, 2012
 
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it sad, that because someone like yourself born by CHANCE into your religous belief, and another person born by CHANCE into a different religious belief, hate each other because of what they were taught by their religious beliefs.
If there is a God, he has no religion. God would love everyone equal, whether you want to believe that or not.
I miss the good old days, when they were killing each other in the 100 Years War, the 30 Years Wa,. etc., etc.

No matter, after so many centuries, it looks like God is beginning to look favorably on China and India again. God already gave the Muslims most of the oil. So it looks like Christianity is becoming a predominantly 3rd world religion, replacing voodoo and other mystical beliefs.

Maybe the Haitian brand of Catholicism will become mainstream?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••