Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,609)

Showing posts 392,161 - 392,180 of529,748
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
I'm sure I would have no trouble locating a good mental health practitioner in Sault Ste. Marie. When would you be available for an appointment?
-
-
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, I found a mental health clinic for you. NO APPOINTMENTS NECESSARY!... Its close to home in Minneapolis.
http://www.bhs.umn.edu/east-bank-clinic/menta...
However, there is a waiting list.........take a number!!
-
NoooOOOooo .... Michael, please find him somewhere else to go where there is NO waiting list ... he needs to get in right away!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So tell me Robert,'How many of your sins did Jesus die for?" How many did He take upon Himself and carry to the cross. Was Jesus payment enough? Is there more to be paid? Can we in any way add to the sacrificial payment that Jesus made? And what did Jesus mean when He stated that "IT IS FINISHED?" If you want an honest dialog, please answer these questions.
My good friend 4GVN

I wish I could tell you in a few short words all Jesus did....

But if I can in short reply write that it was bythe fruit eaten from a tree that first brought sin into the world, so also the fruit of the cross, Jesus Christ, upon which, we have been given to eat, by God, and brings peace between God and man. And so, "It is finished."

Yet God's Mercy is even greater than what I could most humbly eat. For yet while I am a sinner, he has died for me. And this Holy Sacrifice, having done so, has made my salvation is assured. Yet I must not dwell on this salvation as something I deserve, but rather be transformed within, and become more like Jesus Christ, and follow him.

So to this end I work, that I might be more like Him, and I gladly bear my cross. Not that I add to what He has done, but in His Mercy, that He allows me to share in carrying my cross, suffering, and I can be crucified all the day long, that I might be more like Him, and all to the Glory of God the Father....

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Are your future sins already forgiven if you decide not to repent after you commit them?
Why do you worry about future sinning of others?

Shouldn't you be worried about your own Self at all times?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Sanctification
2 Thessalonians 2:1313 But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you [a]from the beginning for salvation [b]through sanctification [c]by the Spirit and faith in the truth.
Heb 12: 14 14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
Rom. 5:3Ė5 But if our unrighteousness [a]demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say? The God who inflicts wrath is not unrighteous, is He?(I am speaking in human terms.)
Rev 21:27 27 and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those [a]whose names are written in the Lambís book of life.
Dust Storm
Peace

Thank you....I think we all should practice what we preach, and begin with purging our old ways, learning, and unifying ourself with God in all our ways....

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet I must not dwell on this salvation as something I deserve, but rather be transformed within, and become more like Jesus Christ, and follow him.
I know what you mean Robert, but if you continue on the path you have set for yourself, it really looks like you've already rejected many of what Jesus taught.

Why do you contradict yourself and lie to others about how much you believe in Jesus?
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
So to this end I work, that I might be more like Him, and I gladly bear my cross. Not that I add to what He has done, but in His Mercy, that He allows me to share in carrying my cross, suffering, and I can be crucified all the day long, that I might be more like Him, and all to the Glory of God the Father....
You've got a long way to go, if you think putting your burdens upon Jesus will save you.

Take responsibility for your own actions, and then, maybe then, Jesus will "save" you.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
NoooOOOooo .... Michael, please find him somewhere else to go where there is NO waiting list ... he needs to get in right away!
You posted a cult link this morning falsely accusing the Catholic Church of removing parts of the ten Commandments. Then, LTM bought into it. I proved the Catholic Bible has the same amount as yours. I showed the catechism stating the commandments how they were given, removing nothing. I testified that I learned the Commandments in Catholic grade school exactly like the book of Exodus shows... Thus you are now guilty of violating the 9th commandment and creating a victim in LTM.
How can you possibly look Christ in the eye someday?
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
My good friend 4GVN
I wish I could tell you in a few short words all Jesus did....
But if I can in short reply write that it was bythe fruit eaten from a tree that first brought sin into the world, so also the fruit of the cross, Jesus Christ, upon which, we have been given to eat, by God, and brings peace between God and man. And so, "It is finished."
Yet God's Mercy is even greater than what I could most humbly eat. For yet while I am a sinner, he has died for me. And this Holy Sacrifice, having done so, has made my salvation is assured. Yet I must not dwell on this salvation as something I deserve, but rather be transformed within, and become more like Jesus Christ, and follow him.
Welll Robert, I do agree with your post, but you have in no way answered my questions or adressed the issue.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
Well aren't you the prize citizen, Anthony? Pretending to have the ability to accurately assess someone's mental health over the internet, and offering your services in locating a Mental Healthcare provider. If you would have no trouble locating one for LTM ...HOW COME YOU CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ONE FOR YOURSELF? Yeah, you should probably be more concerned for your own mental health. To think that you are so deeply entrenched in the delusions of the Catholic Church that anyone who proves you wrong needs mental health care? How delusional is that?
-
It simply proves what a good Catholic you are! Fully indoctrinated and fully brainwashed into believing it is the JOB of the CATHOLIC church and the Pope to challenge and change God's Word as they see fit.
-
Go figure!
Your religion exist for one reason only. Ignorance.

You know it.

It can't survive unless you forgo all reason and logic and embrace deception. You get victims to join your cult by misusing the Holy Bible.
You make a living telling us Catholics what we believe. Amazing... I didn't think the latter was possible. You tell us what we believe?? Lol wow.

Get lost
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
go read the catechism Clay and read what it teaches to school kids.

God forbidds it.
Ok LTM, I never ask for an apology. But I showed you official Catholic Teaching from the Vatican, in the Catechism. Its plain and simple what the Catholic Church teaches. They removed nothing from the ten commandment.
You fell victim to Guests cult pamphlet he posted.

The best thing for you is to confess you were wrong. If you don't, then you can't be forgiven for violating the 9th commandment!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You just found out through that internet thingy that Muslims and Christians disagree on religion huh?
Buhahaha.
Isn't it sad, that because someone like yourself born by CHANCE into your religous belief, and another person born by CHANCE into a different religious belief, hate each other because of what they were taught by their religious beliefs.

If there is a God, he has no religion. God would love everyone equal, whether you want to believe that or not.

preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know that gossiping is a sin, old woman?
Gossip is idle talk or rumour about the personal or private affairs of others

you are as ignorant as gif.lol
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you worry about future sinning of others?
Shouldn't you be worried about your own Self at all times?
it was a loaded question about the beliefs of 4bdn
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
(lol)

I contacted a couple mental health offices and they indicate they already Anthony.

The white coats are coming NOW!! Come with us Mr. Anthony, we will take care of you.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM, Mike doesn't believe the bible is God's written word. Why would you be looking for agreement from him on what it says?
Anthony says....

.." Why would you be looking for agreement from him on what it says.

Michael says...

.. Because she likes me. Isn't that reason enough?

Why do you Anthony always agree with ReginaM? Only because she is catholic? If she wasn't, you wouldn't give a damn about ReginaM. and if you weren't a catholic she wouldn't like you either.

Sad when I see people build relationships solely on ones religious "born by CHANCE belief".

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

06Dec12.....

.....For ALL you non-believing hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists.....

Ps:.....WHO made da dirt!!!

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Michael wrote:
Isn't it sad, that because someone likeyourself born by CHANCE intoyour religous belief, and another person born by CHANCE into a different religious belief, hate each other because of what they were taught by their religious beliefs. If there is a God, he has no religion. Godwould love everyone equal, whetheryou want to believe that or not.
06Dec12.....

....and dis coming from an eeejit like you,'sickaelBreath'.

Ps: so you say no GOD!!!

Go ahead and tell BobLoblah.....WHO made da dirt!!!

....and don't shag around wit yer answer, ya schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>it was a loaded question about the beliefs of 4bdn
It seems to be that way for many so-called "Christians" - always thinking that the questions they are asked are "loaded", when in fact, it was pretty simple and could be answered directly.

It sort of like me asking "why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?

A: He wasn't, but since certain men thought he was, now all so-called "Christians" think the same way, and setting most teachings of Jesus off to the side as heresy.

The real reason and answer is - because they can't be completely honest with themselves and others, but instead praise the men who gave them their belief.

There is a lot of distance between Jesus and them.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
06Dec12.....
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Di yo mammy makes da dirt?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
06Dec12.....
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
You really don't understand Science, huh?

"Dirt is such a varied mixture of different minerals and compounds that almost anything can be included. However, the most common rocks make the most common components. This would usually mean a lot of quartz (silicon dioxide, SiO2), limestone (calcium carbonate, CaCO3), and all the other usual suspects. The other basic component of soil is organic matter, so various hydrocarbons associated with life will be abundant."
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

You give lazy a bad name.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that stupid or just playing around? I am serious! I cannot tell. You quote the bible, proving my point, and you act as if you out smarted me.
Treat them well, but if they piss you off, you can kill them. WTF?
OK, I talked myself into it. You are not stupid, you are just playing me! I was hoping that no one was really that stupid!
Then again, maybe you have a nurse standing by yelling, "BREATH!" every few seconds.
No substance...just rants...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 392,161 - 392,180 of529,748
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••