Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
392,121 - 392,140 of 536,752 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Read Confrints post above quoting Ben Stein. Its right on.
Thanks Confrint for sharing that.
~~~

You are welcome...I thought is was great article.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its weird, but Exodus in my Catholic Bible reads exactly like Exodus in your KJV.
So you mind telling me how the Roman Catholic Church changed the ten commandments?
I was taught by the Catholic Church the full ten Commandments LTM.
Its you people who dissected them in an attempt to show God forbids having statues, paintings and photographs. You needed to do that to spread the lie that we worship statues.
Ironically, you are guilty of violating the 9th commandment (thou shall not bare false witness) while misusing the 2nd commandment,(you shall have no other gods before me)
go read the catechism Clay and read what it teaches to school kids.
every day more are being brain washed by the catholic's into believing what the Bible does not say, and not what it says.
Of course your bible teaches what mine does. but the Catholic leaders are not obeying what it says.
Praying to dead people is forbidden Clay. Praying to idols is wrong bowing to idols is wrong there are idols all over the catholic church that is suppose to represent Mary and the saints even Jesus.
God forbidds it.
LTM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

King James Version

And God spake all these words, saying,

I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

Thou shalt not kill.

Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Thou shalt not steal.

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Slavery in biblical times was very different from the slavery that was practiced in the past few centuries in many parts of the world.
People were not enslaved because of their nationality or the color of their skin.
In Bible times, slavery was more a matter of social status.
People sold themselves as slaves when they could not pay their debts or provide for their families. In New Testament times, sometimes doctors, lawyers, and even politicians were slaves of someone else. Some people actually chose to be slaves so as to have all their needs provided for by their masters.
Economics.It is not a perfect match but it does compare somewhat to todays economic realities.
If we examine the economic classes, we can see, on some levels, a degree of slavery.
The Bible often approaches issues from the inside out. If a person experiences the love, mercy, and grace of God by receiving His salvation, God will reform his soul, changing the way he thinks and acts.Someone who has experienced God’s gift of salvation and freedom from the slavery of sin, as God reforms his soul, will realize that enslaving another human being is wrong. He who has truly experienced God’s grace will in turn be gracious towards others. That would be the Bible’s prescription for ending slavery.
Exellent post, Hrrmi. Jesus did not come to legislate from without but to change one person at a time from the inside out.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a busy guy running two businesses you clown.
Are you saying as soon as you accept that Jesus died for your sins you can sin away and it doesn't matter?
I am simply asking a simple question you clown, why won't you answer it?
Fun Facts

Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you lie about things I have posted in order to avoid the point.
OK, I don't understand the context of Mary's Second Secret of Fatima.
Here are Mary's words: Please explain.
"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."
Please explain why this "secret" was only released after-the-fact, in 1941 after Pius XI was already the Pope and after WW2 had already begun?
Why didn't the RCC warn the world in advance?
Why did the RCC wait until Hitler had invaded Russia?
Could it be that the Vatican wanted to get rid of Communism and appease Hitler?
Why did God murder so many Chinese and poor Russian peasants, yet Mary said it would be the Church that would suffer?
How does devotion to Mary's Sacred Heart save souls? Did Jesus make her a god?
It's all COMPLETELY ABSURD. But I'm sure you can explain. And if you cannot explain, then just lie and attack the messenger.
I'll take Question 5...

Mary >is< in Heaven...Body and Soul...

http://bible.cc/2_timothy/2-12.htm

Jesus is Mary's son also and would Honor His Mother...it would seem she spends her time saving souls

Want to know more?
http://www.ewtn.com/faith/teachings/maryc3c.h...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
How can the teachings of Philippians 1:23 and ll Corin. 5:8 that all believers in Christ STRAIGHT TO HEAVEN at the moment of death be reconciled with the catholic doctrine of Purgatory?
4GVN good friend

Purgatory is more a process than a place and is described in I Cor 3:11-15

"
"For other foundation no man can lay, but that which is laid; which is Christ Jesus. Now if any man build upon this foundation, gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay stubble: Every man's work shall be manifest; for the day of the Lord shall declare it, because it shall be revealed in fire; and the fire shall try every man's work, of what sort it is. If any man's work abide, which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work burn, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved, yet so as by fire."

If you are any man, be you a man in Christ, or not in Christ, your work shall be revealed as through fire....But be thankful, if you are in Christ, as you shall be saved....Unless you do every work perfectly in Christ it will be burned away as by fire(the Holy Spirit).

These verses were explained by the Fathers of the Church

•St. Ambrose (commentary on the text, and Sermo xx in Ps. cxvii),
•St. Jerome,(Comm. in Amos, c. iv),
•St. Augustine (Enarration on Psalm 37),
•St. Gregory (Dial., IV, xxxix), and
•Origen (Hom. vi in Exod.).

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

chael"
CLAY says.....
...God, of course, knew WWII Was going to happen, but He respects our free will and even allows evil to interact in our lives in order to bring out the greater good in humans.
Michael says...
according to Clay, God knew what was going to happen on Sept 11, 2001 when two loaded planes crashed headlong into the two world trade centre buildings killing over 3,000 innocent americans. On the same day God witnessed another plane crashing killing all in Pennsylvania, and yet another plane crashing into the Pentagon.
Clay says......God even allows evil to interact in our lives in order to bring out the greater good in humans.
THAT NEVER HAPPENED ON SEPTEMBER 11, 2001. WHY CLAY?
UNBELIEVABLE!

Michael...actually, Clay is right on this one. God created man and gave him dominion over every living thing. If man does not protect his guard post, havoc results. God gave us instructions for living well. If you lie, cheat and steal, things are not going to go well. If our Policemen do not do their job, the thieves and liars will get by FOR A WHILE.

Billy Grahams daughter was asked the same sort of questions about the Columbine shooting, and hurricane Sandy. She said, "You've been telling God that you don't want Him in your schools...no prayer, no Bible reading.

And God is a gentleman...He's letting you have it your way."

Certain things are required of man that he might live in peace.

Honor God...keep His sabbath.
Honor one's parents.
Do not lie, cheat and steal.
Pray for those who rule over you (even the Babylonians).

The law is not made for good men...good men will be a law unto themselves. Good men are to enforce God's laws for the lawless man.

But i good men fail at their guard, evil ones will slip through.
Certain men today are threatening to kill the Big Satan (us), and the Little Satan (Israel). Our ruling government has declared that these men have a peaceable religion...even though they are cutting off the heads of their own women, and calling it 'honor killing'.

If someone doesn't wake up, blood will be shed, and IT WILL NOT BE GOD'S WILL, OR HIS FAULT.(Certainly He could prevent it...but He would have to make robots out of us...or just wipe us out.) He put us here to do a job, and to learn some things.

Don't blame God when you/we don't do OUR job that He is given us to do.

KayMarie
LTM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

The Catholic tradition uses the division of the Commandments established by St. Augustine.(The Lutheran confessions also use this numbering, while some other confessions & traditions use slightly different numberings.)

Here are the Catholic Ten Commandments:

I am the LORD your God. You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you serve.
You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.
Honor your father and your mother.
You shall not kill.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not covet your neighbor's wife.
You shall not covet your neighbor's goods.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

who="Anthony MN"
You're going pretty easy on yourself Kay. You said when your child is truly repentant they don't get punished. If your child does the same thing again, do you punish them then?

Read my post. I told you that CORRECTION is in order for continued offense.

KM
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Dust Storm
Peace
A very interesting scripture....
I would like to say that there are "good" intentioned, but misinformed, Christians, that have unformed minds, and malformed consciences....It leads them into very dark places that are quite difficult to see a greater Mercy in God, than salvation alone.
I must admit that the reason I can say this, is that I have been there. I think a lot of Christians come to know Christ in this way, as they are Gentiles, and the rather poor training and education(though not on those who try to teach and educate), but rather the world distorts the young early in their formation.
And it is to God's longsuffering for us, that we can be carried forward to a better knowledge and understanding of God.
There are some that use this knowledge for their own end. And it is apparent in their manner now, lifestyle, and in the end will be tried in fire....
To some degree we all will/and are facing the purgation of our sins, as we move in from one glory to the next.
Sanctification

2 Thessalonians 2:1313 But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you [a]from the beginning for salvation [b]through sanctification [c]by the Spirit and faith in the truth.

Heb 12: 14 14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Rom. 5:3–5 But if our unrighteousness [a]demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say? The God who inflicts wrath is not unrighteous, is He?(I am speaking in human terms.)

Rev 21:27 27 and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those [a]whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
Fun Facts

Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

LTM wrote:
The Catholic tradition uses the division of the Commandments established by St. Augustine.(The Lutheran confessions also use this numbering, while some other confessions & traditions use slightly different numberings.)
I am the LORD your God. You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you serve.
You shall not kill.
You shall not steal.
For your consideration...
http://bible.cc/2_timothy/2-14.htm
http://bible.cc/matthew/22-38.htm
May God Bless You...
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
4GVN good friend
Purgatory is more a process than a place and is described in I Cor 3:11-15
"
"For other foundation no man can lay, but that which is laid; which is Christ Jesus. Now if any man build upon this foundation, gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay stubble: Every man's work shall be manifest; for the day of the Lord shall declare it, because it shall be revealed in fire; and the fire shall try every man's work, of what sort it is. If any man's work abide, which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work burn, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved, yet so as by fire."
If you are any man, be you a man in Christ, or not in Christ, your work shall be revealed as through fire....But be thankful, if you are in Christ, as you shall be saved....Unless you do every work perfectly in Christ it will be burned away as by fire(the Holy Spirit).
These verses were explained by the Fathers of the Church
•St. Ambrose (commentary on the text, and Sermo xx in Ps. cxvii),
•St. Jerome,(Comm. in Amos, c. iv),
•St. Augustine (Enarration on Psalm 37),
•St. Gregory (Dial., IV, xxxix), and
•Origen (Hom. vi in Exod.).
So tell me Robert,'How many of your sins did Jesus die for?" How many did He take upon Himself and carry to the cross. Was Jesus payment enough? Is there more to be paid? Can we in any way add to the sacrificial payment that Jesus made? And what did Jesus mean when He stated that "IT IS FINISHED?" If you want an honest dialog, please answer these questions.
LTM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
For your consideration...
http://bible.cc/2_timothy/2-14.htm
http://bible.cc/matthew/22-38.htm
May God Bless You...
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
22:34-40 An interpreter of the law asked our Lord a question, to try, not so much his knowledge, as his judgment. The love of God is the first and great commandment, and the sum of all the commands of the first table. Our love of God must be sincere, not in word and tongue only. All our love is too little to bestow upon him, therefore all the powers of the soul must be engaged for him, and carried out toward him. To love our neighbour as ourselves, is the second great commandment. There is a self-love which is corrupt, and the root of the greatest sins, and it must be put off and mortified; but there is a self-love which is the rule of the greatest duty: we must have a due concern for the welfare of our own souls and bodies. And we must love our neighbour as truly and sincerely as we love ourselves; in many cases we must deny ourselves for the good of others. By these two commandments let our hearts be formed as by a mould.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Clay changing the Ten Commandments of God is very serious, and they have been changed by the Catholic church like it or not it is a fact.
They are also in grieve sin of adding and subtracting from God's Holy Word.
The trutth is in the pudding Clay.
There is not place like purgatory, Mary is not Queen of Heaven you caatholic's do bow and pray to idols,(IMAGES OF MARY AND OTHER SAINTS SUPPOSITLY, THERE IS EVEN A STAUTE OF SUPPOSITLY JESUS ON THE CROSS AT THE FIRST OF THE CHURCH, PEOPLE BOW AND CROSS THEMSELVES IN FRONT OF IT AND PRAY AND TALK TO IT.
aRE YOU DENYING YOU DO THESE THINGS IF YOU DON'T GOOD FOR YOU,
BUT EVERY CATHOLIC I HAVE SEEN ENTER THE CATHOLIC CHURCH DOES THE SAME THINF.
THE ENTER THE CHURCH STICK THEIR FINGERS IN A URNAL OF HOLY WATER AND CROSS THEN SELVES WALK DOWN THE CHURCH AISLE CROSS THEM SELVE AND HALF KNEEL AND ENTER THE PEW KNEEL ON THE LITTLE BAR IN FRONT OF THEM IN THE PEW.
SEEN PEOPLE GO TO THE STATUES OF MARY AND THE SAINTS, KISS THEIR FEET LIGHT CANDLES AND KNEEL AND PRAY TO THE STATUES.
THIS IS WORSHIP IN ITS CLEAREST FORM CLAY . IT IS WORSHIP OF THE DEAD PEOPLE INSTEAD, OF BOWING BEFORE THE LIVING HOLY RIGHTIOUS UNSEEN GOD. WHO SEES YOU AND EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING.
'THOU SHALL NOT MAKE FOR YOURSELF AND IDOLS OR ANY LIKENESS OF WHAT IS IN HEAVEN ABOVE OR THE EARTH BELOW OR BELOW THE EARTH OR UNDER THE WATERS OR BENETHE THE WATERS.
NOW WEATHER IF MARY IS IN HEAVEN OR IN THE EARTH BELOW, YOU HAVE A IMAGE OF HER YOU BOW TO AND PRAY, SAME WITH THE REST OF THE SAINTS.
IT IS FORBIDDEN BY GOD TO DO SO CLAY.
YOUR CATHOLIC LEADERS SAY ITS ALRIGHT TO BUT GOD SAYS ITS NOT, SO THEY ARE LYING AND CHANGING THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD.
CLAY I BELIEVE YOU TO BE A VERY GOD LOVING MAN, WHO WANTS TO SERVE THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, BUT YOU HAVE BEEN FOOLING A FALSE DOCTRINE. THE TRUTH IS IN THE VERY BOOK THE CATHOLIC CHURCH CLAIMS THEY GAVE THE WORLD, SO WHY AREN'T THEY OBEYING IT THEMSELVES??
THAT IS THE MILLIOM DOLLAR QUESTION CLAY.
I'm sure I would have no trouble locating a good mental health practitioner in Sault Ste. Marie. When would you be available for an appointment?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
You shall not kill.
You shall not steal.
Come on LTM. I told you what we believe, so you need to stop violating the 9th commandment to imply some stupid notion that we worship statues.
This is utterly ridiculous. I question whether or not you're actually serious about Christianity when you bare false witness like you do... Over and over and over again.

Catechism of the Catholic Church, section two:

Ten Commandments

2. You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself a graven image....

Hello?

www.Vatican.va ./archive/ccc_css/archive/cate chism/command.htm

I could never consider such a religion who solely functions based on falsehoods they believe about another religion.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Do you discriminate against,.... and call people names ...in you other two businesses,
or is it just the evangelicals...here....in the forum .. that you hate?
I try to keep lying, prideful, wrathful and envious ignorant bigots out of my businesses, they tend to offend my other customers who are decent and respectful. If you weren't such, I would gladly have you as a customer.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
go read the catechism Clay and read what it teaches to school kids.
every day more are being brain washed by the catholic's into believing what the Bible does not say, and not what it says.
Of course your bible teaches what mine does. but the Catholic leaders are not obeying what it says.
Praying to dead people is forbidden Clay. Praying to idols is wrong bowing to idols is wrong there are idols all over the catholic church that is suppose to represent Mary and the saints even Jesus.
God forbidds it.
Hello LTM...

I could never get my mind around praying for the dead.

......If someone was bad, and sinful and now dead, what does praying do for them? Really? If 100 people pray for a dead soul is that better than 1 person praying for them?

If someone lived a good clean life and died, whats the point in praying for them?

When you pray for someone, how is that recorded? Does God read your mind that you are praying for them?

Its all rediculous!

......and BUSTED!

makes no common sense......
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So tell me Robert,'How many of your sins did Jesus die for?" How many did He take upon Himself and carry to the cross. Was Jesus payment enough? Is there more to be paid? Can we in any way add to the sacrificial payment that Jesus made? And what did Jesus mean when He stated that "IT IS FINISHED?" If you want an honest dialog, please answer these questions.
Are your future sins already forgiven if you decide not to repent after you commit them?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
continued
xxxxxxx
In light of recent events... terrorists attack, school shootings, etc. I think it started when Madeleine Murray O'Hare (she was murdered, her body found a few years ago) complained she didn't want prayer in our schools, and we said OK. Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school. The Bible says thou shalt not kill; thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said OK.
Then Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave, because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr. Spock's son committed suicide). We said an expert should know what he's talking about. And we said okay.
Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves.
Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough, we can figure it out. I think it has a great deal to do with 'WE REAP WHAT WE SOW.'
Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell. Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says. Funny how you can send 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing. Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace.
Are you laughing yet?
My Best Regards, Honestly and respectfully,
Ben Stein
You have nailed the progression, Confronting.To Spock I add a whole plethopa of "self help" books that were centered on me me me.A whole slew of psychologists followed with this slant and the people ate it up.With this self examination and sin fell by the wayside. It hurt your self esteem to talk about sin.So the emphasis was on how good I am and if do something wrong it is the fault of my childhood. Then we had the "I am a victim" movement-a victim of my prents, a victim of society, etc.
No personal accountability.And we see where this had led us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••