Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,296
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#407123 Dec 5, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Do you discriminate against,.... and call people names ...in you other two businesses,
or is it just the evangelicals...here....in the forum .. that you hate?
I try to keep lying, prideful, wrathful and envious ignorant bigots out of my businesses, they tend to offend my other customers who are decent and respectful. If you weren't such, I would gladly have you as a customer.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#407124 Dec 5, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
go read the catechism Clay and read what it teaches to school kids.
every day more are being brain washed by the catholic's into believing what the Bible does not say, and not what it says.
Of course your bible teaches what mine does. but the Catholic leaders are not obeying what it says.
Praying to dead people is forbidden Clay. Praying to idols is wrong bowing to idols is wrong there are idols all over the catholic church that is suppose to represent Mary and the saints even Jesus.
God forbidds it.
Hello LTM...

I could never get my mind around praying for the dead.

......If someone was bad, and sinful and now dead, what does praying do for them? Really? If 100 people pray for a dead soul is that better than 1 person praying for them?

If someone lived a good clean life and died, whats the point in praying for them?

When you pray for someone, how is that recorded? Does God read your mind that you are praying for them?

Its all rediculous!

......and BUSTED!

makes no common sense......
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#407125 Dec 5, 2012
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So tell me Robert,'How many of your sins did Jesus die for?" How many did He take upon Himself and carry to the cross. Was Jesus payment enough? Is there more to be paid? Can we in any way add to the sacrificial payment that Jesus made? And what did Jesus mean when He stated that "IT IS FINISHED?" If you want an honest dialog, please answer these questions.
Are your future sins already forgiven if you decide not to repent after you commit them?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#407126 Dec 5, 2012
continued
xxxxxxx
In light of recent events... terrorists attack, school shootings, etc. I think it started when Madeleine Murray O'Hare (she was murdered, her body found a few years ago) complained she didn't want prayer in our schools, and we said OK. Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school. The Bible says thou shalt not kill; thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said OK.
Then Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave, because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr. Spock's son committed suicide). We said an expert should know what he's talking about. And we said okay.
Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves.
Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough, we can figure it out. I think it has a great deal to do with 'WE REAP WHAT WE SOW.'
Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell. Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says. Funny how you can send 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing. Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace.
Are you laughing yet?
My Best Regards, Honestly and respectfully,
Ben Stein
You have nailed the progression, Confronting.To Spock I add a whole plethopa of "self help" books that were centered on me me me.A whole slew of psychologists followed with this slant and the people ate it up.With this self examination and sin fell by the wayside. It hurt your self esteem to talk about sin.So the emphasis was on how good I am and if do something wrong it is the fault of my childhood. Then we had the "I am a victim" movement-a victim of my prents, a victim of society, etc.
No personal accountability.And we see where this had led us.
preston

Waverly, OH

#407127 Dec 5, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure I would have no trouble locating a good mental health practitioner in Sault Ste. Marie. When would you be available for an appointment?
have you noticed when she is caught in a lie, she uses her eyes or something else, as her excuse,

rather than admitting that she lied and was caught in her lies.

if I had to be that deceitful, I wouldnt be on this forum, since there are some that arent as ignorant as her and gif.still trying to be nice as you mentioned(sic).

oops, that is from that dead language, excuse me.lol
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#407128 Dec 5, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get worked up in the secrets. For some odd reason.. You do.
Its my understanding, that Mary is a powerful powerful intercessor. But she can only act if we humans make the initiative. She brings the prayers to Jesus in a similar way when she interceded at the wedding in Cana when Christ performed His first miracle.
God, of course, knew WWII Was going to happen, but He respects our free will and even allows evil to interact in our lives in order to bring out the greater good in humans. We humans could have stopped WWII. Mary could not have on her own. It takes us to act first. Once we make that initial step, Mary, the Saints and our earthy friends can pull us along.
Its like the drug addict who badly needs treatment. His friends and family can't really do much UNLESS he makes the initial step. No matter how badly you wanna help the person, if they don't want it, you can't help them. You ever watch Intervention on TV? The ones who get help are the ones who look at their family members and say "ok, I need to be saved".. Then and only then, can the family really get the power to help.
Mary is our spiritual Mother, and the Saints are our friends. They desperately wanna get involved in helping us to Jesus Christ. But their hands are tied, unless we act first.
CLAY says......

..Its my understanding, that Mary is a powerful powerful intercessor.

MICHAEL says....

...Battle of the intercessors!

..Muslims believe with all their hearts, according to the Quar'an 39:44 that ALL intercessors belong to ALLAH exclusively.

Clay says Muslims are wrong! Muslims say Christians are wrong?

Michael says, who really gives a shite!(lol)

UNBELIEVABLE!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#407129 Dec 5, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure I would have no trouble locating a good mental health practitioner in Sault Ste. Marie. When would you be available for an appointment?
Anthony, I found a mental health clinic for you. NO APPOINTMENTS NECESSARY!... Its close to home in Minneapolis.

http://www.bhs.umn.edu/east-bank-clinic/menta...

However, there is a waiting list.........take a number!!

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#407130 Dec 5, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>have you noticed when she is caught in a lie, she uses her eyes or something else, as her excuse,
if I had to be that deceitful, I wouldnt be on this forum, since there are some that arent as ignorant as her and gif.still trying to be nice as you mentioned(sic).
Preston.

...You seem to be hung up on Liars. Almost every post its about those that are not truthful.

When Preston! are you going to give us the total number of Catholic Bishops around america who LIED, DECEIVED and COVERED up criminal behavior commited by their minion priests?

You say nothing! Do you want some help tallying up the total?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#407131 Dec 5, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
You do this ONLY FOR YOUR OWN TRIBE, not for people from other nations.
The message is clear. Slavery is OK, for the Bible tells us so.
Period, the end.
There you go again! You are not allowed to read more than you are told!:-):-):-)
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#407132 Dec 5, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, I have some one better His name is Jesus. He is my Rock.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#407133 Dec 5, 2012
.....and IT WILL NOT BE GOD'S WILL, OR HIS FAULT.(Certainly He could prevent it...but He would have to make robots out of us...or just wipe us out.) He put us here to do a job, and to learn some things.

Don't blame God when you/we don't do OUR job that He is given us to do.
KayMarie
Liar.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#407134 Dec 5, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>have you noticed when she is caught in a lie, she uses her eyes or something else, as her excuse,
lol. Some of these folks think that Jesus spoke the King's English.

I'm sorry for her that she is suffering from brain tumors. The last thing I'd be doing with that kind of ailment would be trashing other faiths on a public forum. I think it may be making her issues worse.
preston

Waverly, OH

#407135 Dec 5, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston.
...You seem to be hung up on Liars. Almost every post its about those that are not truthful.
When Preston! are you going to give us the total number of Catholic Bishops around america who LIED, DECEIVED and COVERED up criminal behavior commited by their minion priests?
You say nothing! Do you want some help tallying up the total?
nope!!!

they arent on this forum lying.that is what is important to me.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#407136 Dec 5, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello LTM...
I could never get my mind around praying for the dead.
......If someone was bad, and sinful and now dead, what does praying do for them? Really? If 100 people pray for a dead soul is that better than 1 person praying for them?
If someone lived a good clean life and died, whats the point in praying for them?
When you pray for someone, how is that recorded? Does God read your mind that you are praying for them?
Its all rediculous!
......and BUSTED!
makes no common sense......
Hi Michael, I could never figure that one out myself, because the Bible clearly says we are not to pray to the dead.
Once someone is is dead it is to late to be good, your fate is sealed. Absent from the body is present with the Lord, if a person is in Christ, if not then they go to hell.
what else that doesn't make sense to me is these doomsday prophets, who predicted a certain day . The Bible clearly says No man knows the hours not even the son only the Father which is in Heaven.
I think its only a fear tactic.
preston

Waverly, OH

#407137 Dec 5, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. Some of these folks think that Jesus spoke the King's English.
I'm sorry for her that she is suffering from brain tumors. The last thing I'd be doing with that kind of ailment would be trashing other faiths on a public forum. I think it may be making her issues worse.
I told gif that the other night but it went over his head.

and I agree with you, and also more important, the bible agrees with you, but unlike gif, I aint gonna beat her to death with what Jesus says about people like her.

the sad thing is that if a person lies about one thing, they may lie about other things too.
Clay

United States

#407138 Dec 5, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAY says......
..Its my understanding, that Mary is a powerful powerful intercessor.
MICHAEL says....
...Battle of the intercessors!
..Muslims believe with all their hearts, according to the Quar'an 39:44 that ALL intercessors belong to ALLAH exclusively.
Clay says Muslims are wrong! Muslims say Christians are wrong?
Michael says, who really gives a shite!(lol)
UNBELIEVABLE!
You just found out through that internet thingy that Muslims and Christians disagree on religion huh?
Buhahaha.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#407139 Dec 5, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony, I found a mental health clinic for you. NO APPOINTMENTS NECESSARY!... Its close to home in Minneapolis.
http://www.bhs.umn.edu/east-bank-clinic/menta...
However, there is a waiting list.........take a number!!
Does anyone else hear the crickets chirping?

Get a new schtick Mike, it's tiresome. I know what...since you're so starved for attention, maybe you should try taking your wife on a vacation instead of speding all your time huddled around a computer trying to fill in for Rodney Dangerfield.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#407140 Dec 5, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Michael, I could never figure that one out myself, because the Bible clearly says we are not to pray to the dead.
Once someone is is dead it is to late to be good, your fate is sealed. Absent from the body is present with the Lord, if a person is in Christ, if not then they go to hell.
what else that doesn't make sense to me is these doomsday prophets, who predicted a certain day . The Bible clearly says No man knows the hours not even the son only the Father which is in Heaven.
I think its only a fear tactic.
LTM, Mike doesn't believe the bible is God's written word. Why would you be looking for agreement from him on what it says?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#407141 Dec 5, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
or....
5. They hate Jesus.
Yes! How many things, that you do not believe in, do you spend time hating?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#407142 Dec 5, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus 25:39
39 “‘If any of your fellow Israelites become poor and sell themselves to you, do not make them work as slaves.
These slaves (poor-without money, food, etc.) were to be treated well, workers/employees, not working him like you might want to work a slave.
Are you really that stupid or just playing around? I am serious! I cannot tell. You quote the bible, proving my point, and you act as if you out smarted me.

Treat them well, but if they piss you off, you can kill them. WTF?

OK, I talked myself into it. You are not stupid, you are just playing me! I was hoping that no one was really that stupid!

Then again, maybe you have a nurse standing by yelling, "BREATH!" every few seconds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Married in 8,693
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 10 hr Cat74 11
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 12 hr kent 83,896
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Thu Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Thu Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Wed cooldude 5
Pope to meet victims of Philippines' Haiyan storm Dec 14 ELIAS IBARRA 4
More from around the web