Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
392,081 - 392,100 of 536,752 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407066
Dec 5, 2012
 
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I do not have a problem with it....
I was trying to get Black Sheep to understand why there was slavery in the Old Testament....
And the New Testament as well.

Nowhere in the Bible does anyone have a problem with the fundamental morality of slavery.

I am happy that you do not reject the Bible like so many others here.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407067
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you judge others when you run away from your own ideological propaganda -- Fatima -- when the actual facts are brought forth.
Clay says "Fatima is not church teaching," "belief is optional," blah, blah. More word games!
REALITY CHECK -- all of the Popes since the Fatima Miracle have recognized that the Message is authentic. Several Popes have gone to Fatima in person, including Paul VI, John Paul I and John Paul II. John Paul II said at Fatima in 1982 that "the Message of Fatima imposes an obligation on the Church."
So Clay renounces his Popes when Mary's absurd words are in plain view, claiming Fatima is no big deal.
I don't blame him, because the Vatican lies about Fatima were so absurd and embarrassing -- that the last "secret" was a non-event -- in spite of decades of Vatican warnings to the contrary.
POINT -- no one-true church requires such cheap tricks. BUSTED!!!
So Marys words are absurd because you're not smart enough to comprehend the context.
Ya ok. Lol

Come on, I want to hear that story about you 'just finding out you were Catholic by baptism- and you never knew it.

Then months later, you made up a story about you being raised Catholic and your parents would not let your protestant friend attend Mass with you and your family.

Busted!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407068
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
And the New Testament as well.
Nowhere in the Bible does anyone have a problem with the fundamental morality of slavery.
I am happy that you do not reject the Bible like so many others here.
Reject the Word of God???

NEVER!!!

God has His reasons for everything He does....

Are we to question Him???

I don't think so....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407069
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Free Mind wrote:
995 CE -- Canonization of dead saints, first by Pope John XV
However....
Every believer and follower of Christ is called saint in the Bible.(Romans 1:7; 1st Colossians 1:2).
Why is the RCC always changing the Bible?
Big clue....
Each change gave the Vatican more M-O-N-E-Y and P-O-W-E-R
~~~

They are fulfilling the prophecies of Jesus...

JESUS SAID..

Mat_24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Mar_13:6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Luk_21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying;

I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

~~~

WHILE THE ROMAN CATHOLIC SAYS THAT JESUS IS CHRIST...

THEY ATTEMPT TO DECEIVE THE WORLD BY

EDITING. HIS WORD

DELETING FROM IT...

ADDING TO IT

DISTORTING IT.

DENYING IT...

BY

ATTEMPTING TO REPLACE IT

WITH THEIR OWN

ASSUMPTIONS,

PRESUMPTUOUSNESS, AND

CONJECTURE...

UNTIL IT IS NO LONGER CHRISTIANITY..

BUT

PURE PAGAN ROMAN CATHOLICISM...

WITH THEIR CATECHISM,

THEIR (so called )CHURCH,... AT THE FOREFRONT..

AND THE BIBLE (the word of God)

COMPLETELY/BLATANTLY IGNORED...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407070
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Slavery in biblical times was very different from the slavery that was practiced in the past few centuries in many parts of the world.
People were not enslaved because of their nationality or the color of their skin.
In Bible times, slavery was more a matter of social status.
People sold themselves as slaves when they could not pay their debts or provide for their families. In New Testament times, sometimes doctors, lawyers, and even politicians were slaves of someone else. Some people actually chose to be slaves so as to have all their needs provided for by their masters.
Economics.It is not a perfect match but it does compare somewhat to todays economic realities.
If we examine the economic classes, we can see, on some levels, a degree of slavery.
The Bible often approaches issues from the inside out. If a person experiences the love, mercy, and grace of God by receiving His salvation, God will reform his soul, changing the way he thinks and acts.Someone who has experienced Godís gift of salvation and freedom from the slavery of sin, as God reforms his soul, will realize that enslaving another human being is wrong. He who has truly experienced Godís grace will in turn be gracious towards others. That would be the Bibleís prescription for ending slavery.
Thank you, Herme!

Hope you are feeling better and getting stronger every day....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407071
Dec 5, 2012
 
God has His reasons for everything....

We are to do His Will...
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407072
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So Marys words are absurd because you're not smart enough to comprehend the context.
Ya ok. Lol
Come on, I want to hear that story about you 'just finding out you were Catholic by baptism- and you never knew it.
Then months later, you made up a story about you being raised Catholic and your parents would not let your protestant friend attend Mass with you and your family.
Busted!
Again, you lie about things I have posted in order to avoid the point.

OK, I don't understand the context of Mary's Second Secret of Fatima.

Here are Mary's words: Please explain.

"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."

Please explain why this "secret" was only released after-the-fact, in 1941 after Pius XI was already the Pope and after WW2 had already begun?

Why didn't the RCC warn the world in advance?

Why did the RCC wait until Hitler had invaded Russia?

Could it be that the Vatican wanted to get rid of Communism and appease Hitler?

Why did God murder so many Chinese and poor Russian peasants, yet Mary said it would be the Church that would suffer?

How does devotion to Mary's Sacred Heart save souls? Did Jesus make her a god?

It's all COMPLETELY ABSURD. But I'm sure you can explain. And if you cannot explain, then just lie and attack the messenger.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407073
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
They are fulfilling the prophecies of Jesus...
JESUS SAID..
Mat_24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mar_13:6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Luk_21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying;
I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
~~~
WHILE THE ROMAN CATHOLIC SAYS THAT JESUS IS CHRIST...
THEY ATTEMPT TO DECEIVE THE WORLD BY
EDITING. HIS WORD
DELETING FROM IT...
ADDING TO IT
DISTORTING IT.
DENYING IT...
BY
ATTEMPTING TO REPLACE IT
WITH THEIR OWN
ASSUMPTIONS,
PRESUMPTUOUSNESS, AND
CONJECTURE...
UNTIL IT IS NO LONGER CHRISTIANITY..
BUT
PURE PAGAN ROMAN CATHOLICISM...
WITH THEIR CATECHISM,
THEIR (so called )CHURCH,... AT THE FOREFRONT..
AND THE BIBLE (the word of God)
COMPLETELY/BLATANTLY IGNORED...
Liar. You're not doing a very good job of freeing me from Catholicism. I told you if what you say is the truth, I'll leave the Church today. So far everything you say is completely engulfed in deception, gossip, falsehoods and stereotypes.
How could I possibly think Confrint is doing the will of God?
You're so filled with pride that you can't even see that Christ was talking about YOU, when He said "many will come in my name... "
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407074
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite true! As far as the Latin Mass goes, anyone who didn't understand the language had no problem because Missals back then had the English translation on the opposing pages. So much for those just nodding their heads as if they understood when they didn't. What a crock! Another fairy tale from the faux "former Catholic". I feel sorry for the gullible protestants who believe them.
lol. The fairy tales are flying. These are the same folks who believe if it's on the internet it has to be true.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407075
Dec 5, 2012
 
FOLLOWERS OF YAH ~ The Answer is in the WORD ~ IN THE NAME OF YAHUAH AND YAHUSHUA16.flv

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407076
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text> Asked over Three hours ago. The silence is deafening!
WHICH OF YOUR SINS DID JESUS PAY FOR?
I'm a busy guy running two businesses you clown.

Are you saying as soon as you accept that Jesus died for your sins you can sin away and it doesn't matter?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407077
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Truth wrote:
God has His reasons for everything....
We are to do His Will...
~~~

Not every thing that is done ....BY MEN ...in the name of God ...

is GOD'S WILL...

IF IT WERE...OUR WHOLE WORLD WOULD BE DIFFERENT.

MEN START OUT WITH GOOD INTENTIONS....AND THE CARNAL MIND KICKS IN

AND THE WORKS OF THE FLESH SLIP IN AND EVENTUALLY WHAT HAS BEEN STARTED

WITH GOOD INTENTIONS TURNS SOUTH AND BECOMES

SELF SERVING...SENSUAL AND EXPLOITED BY GREED.

THE A.S.P.C.A. IS A prime EXAMPLE.

What was set up to provide animal shelters...( a non profit organization..) has become a money making conglomerate...
sheltering animals is no longer their priority..

Now you have to pay them to take an animal...and pay to adopt one

their original mission has been set aside..

Currently animals are being set out on the highways as the were before...because those that cannot afford to keep them..can ill afford to pay some one to take them..

Man corrupts his own mission..

The road to hell is paved with good intentions,... corrupted
and distorted by mans carnal Adamic nature.
Loren Eberly

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407078
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Taxes Wages and Fiscal Cliff:

The majority of Us the Government of this Representative Republic that vote and the nonvoters that sit on their dead hands and whine; Successfully reelected President, Governor, Representatives of US the Government, County Commissioners, Township Trustees, Mayors, City Council, School Administrators and Board Members.

That defies USA Labor Law, The Constitution, and demands of Natural Law: what Mother Nature, God, or Whatever Power decreed to be the reality of the real world, democracy, capitalism, the US Constitution, and free, fair, and affordable commerce and common sense demands.

Demanding every Stockholder, corporation, farmer, business, outsourcer sweatshop, and nonprofit, tax-exempt, organization and Church; markets the cost in the wholesale and retail price of his or her product and service; of every worker, consumer, and taxpayer Pay ALL taxes and pay for every product and service they use for life. With money derived from wages (union contract), healthcare, pension, investment and independent business profit.

This enables every worker, consumer, and taxpayer to pay healthcare insurance premium or pay healthcare provider. And enables every parent to educate, love, nurse, nurture, discipline, protect, and provide for every child (job) they conceive. And fund schools, infrastructure, local and national security, government services, and etc.; with money derived from wages, investment profit, and independent business profit.

President, the Justices they appoint, Congress, and Elected Officials hold Union workers, consumers, taxpayers, and Americaís grandchildrenís children, Government employees, Parents, Teachers, Veterans, Police, Firemen, and Fathers disqualified for affirmative action with white skin, Representatives deny Collective Bargaining Rights accountable.

To fund Illegal drug users and Illegal Immigrants, lottery, casino, and keno losers, unemployed Union workers replaced with nonunion workers, Human Traffickers, waitresses that pander for life for $2.00 per hour, slaves in enterprise zones, low-income child labor, consumers, and taxpayers, volunteers without wages, and nonunion workers willing to work for fewer wages than they can afford life. That pays with welfare checks, food stamps, housing vouchers, and Medicaid.

Pay property tax on state appraised value of their American Dream to fund schools. Pay for all stimulus packages, tax abatements, tax incentives, tax refunds, tax credit, and tax exemptions.

Pay sales tax on the more stock dividends (money) OPEC Nations, Enron Stockholders, Wal-Mart Stockholders, Hillarys, Chinese, Foreign and Domestic Investors and Stockholders (money marketers) market quarterly. In the wholesale and retail price of every product and service Human Beings use for life. And School Boards and Government needs to build, maintain and operate schools, infrastructure, and provide local and national security, and Government services. That gets only product or service.

Needed to measure and maintain the strength and growth of this UNAFFORDABLE economy and distribute money Human Beings cannot digest, burn in internal combustion engines, or burn to heat and cool their American Dream. Into OPEC Nations, Enron Stockholders, Wal-Mart Stockholders, Hillarys, Chinese, Foreign and Domestic Investors and Stockholders portfolios.

Defying USA Labor Law, the Constitution, and Realities demands does not enable President and Congress to evade fiscal cliff or balance budget and bankrupts USA; Makes Union workers, consumers, taxpayers, and Americas grandchildren's children life UNAFFORDABLE; and created Ohioís $1.35 trillion budget deficit, the $40 trillion social security and the $16 trillion national debt. Americaís grandchildrenís children are responsible to pay Chinese, Foreign and Domestic Investors and Stockholders interest with this debt until they are 18 years old. Americaís grandchildrenís children cannot pay this debt in a hundred million years.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407079
Dec 5, 2012
 
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you lie about things I have posted in order to avoid the point.
OK, I don't understand the context of Mary's Second Secret of Fatima.
Here are Mary's words: Please explain.
"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pope Pius XI."
Please explain why this "secret" was only released after-the-fact, in 1941 after Pius XI was already the Pope and after WW2 had already begun?
Why didn't the RCC warn the world in advance?
Why did the RCC wait until Hitler had invaded Russia?
Could it be that the Vatican wanted to get rid of Communism and appease Hitler?
Why did God murder so many Chinese and poor Russian peasants, yet Mary said it would be the Church that would suffer?
How does devotion to Mary's Sacred Heart save souls? Did Jesus make her a god?
It's all COMPLETELY ABSURD. But I'm sure you can explain. And if you cannot explain, then just lie and attack the messenger.
I don't get worked up in the secrets. For some odd reason.. You do.
Its my understanding, that Mary is a powerful powerful intercessor. But she can only act if we humans make the initiative. She brings the prayers to Jesus in a similar way when she interceded at the wedding in Cana when Christ performed His first miracle.
God, of course, knew WWII Was going to happen, but He respects our free will and even allows evil to interact in our lives in order to bring out the greater good in humans. We humans could have stopped WWII. Mary could not have on her own. It takes us to act first. Once we make that initial step, Mary, the Saints and our earthy friends can pull us along.
Its like the drug addict who badly needs treatment. His friends and family can't really do much UNLESS he makes the initial step. No matter how badly you wanna help the person, if they don't want it, you can't help them. You ever watch Intervention on TV? The ones who get help are the ones who look at their family members and say "ok, I need to be saved".. Then and only then, can the family really get the power to help.
Mary is our spiritual Mother, and the Saints are our friends. They desperately wanna get involved in helping us to Jesus Christ. But their hands are tied, unless we act first.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407080
Dec 5, 2012
 
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a busy guy running two businesses you clown.
Are you saying as soon as you accept that Jesus died for your sins you can sin away and it doesn't matter?
~~~

Make it three businesses that you are attempting to run

You are failing miserably in attempting to run God's business.

If you attempt to ignore the rules of your other two businesses as

as you do God's you will fail with them too.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407081
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic's took the bible you claim you gave us and trashed it
I hope you get some help for your condition.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407082
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

confrinting with the word wrote:
Anthony MN wrote:
Have you stopped sinning Kay?
**********
The Bible says that 'there is none that sinneth not'. I have no argument with that Book.
I DO, however, consciously watch to keep my words and my life 'clean'. The older I get, the less effort it takes.
My worst offenses are sins of omission...those good things that I don't get done.
KayMarie
You're going pretty easy on yourself Kay. You said when your child is truly repentant they don't get punished. If your child does the same thing again, do you punish them then?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407083
Dec 5, 2012
 
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Make it three businesses that you are attempting to run
You are failing miserably in attempting to run God's business.
If you attempt to ignore the rules of your other two businesses as
as you do God's you will fail with them too.
A lying tongue, pride, wrath and now envy. Do you think Jesus will overlook these sins of yours?
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407084
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Slavery in biblical times was very different from the slavery that was practiced in the past few centuries in many parts of the world.
People were not enslaved because of their nationality or the color of their skin.
In Bible times, slavery was more a matter of social status.
People sold themselves as slaves when they could not pay their debts or provide for their families. In New Testament times, sometimes doctors, lawyers, and even politicians were slaves of someone else. Some people actually chose to be slaves so as to have all their needs provided for by their masters.
Economics.It is not a perfect match but it does compare somewhat to todays economic realities.
If we examine the economic classes, we can see, on some levels, a degree of slavery.
The Bible often approaches issues from the inside out. If a person experiences the love, mercy, and grace of God by receiving His salvation, God will reform his soul, changing the way he thinks and acts.Someone who has experienced Godís gift of salvation and freedom from the slavery of sin, as God reforms his soul, will realize that enslaving another human being is wrong. He who has truly experienced Godís grace will in turn be gracious towards others. That would be the Bibleís prescription for ending slavery.
You are right Hereme, It would be like a house keeper, or a butler.
Nannies etc.
People who were rich hired the whole family, some of them truly loved their Masters and served them even when they could have left.
After a debt was paid.
There were of course like to day the exceptions. men raided villages and inslaved people like the Egyptains did, and treated them very bad.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#407085
Dec 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you get some help for your condition.
Thanks :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••