Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 545,192
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#407012 Dec 4, 2012
Wednesday, December 05, 2012
This Evening's Meditation
C. H. Spurgeon

----------

"And the Lord shewed me four carpenters."—Zechariah 1:20.
N the vision described in this chapter, the prophet saw four terrible horns. They were pushing this way and that way, dashing down the strongest and the mightiest; and the prophet asked, "What are these?" The answer was, "These are the horns which have scattered Israel." He saw before him a representation of those powers which had oppressed the church of God. There were four horns; for the church is attacked from all quarters. Well might the prophet have felt dismayed; but on a sudden there appeared before him four carpenters. He asked, "What shall these do?" These are the men whom God hath found to break those horns in pieces. God will always find men for His work, and He will find them at the right time. The prophet did not see the carpenters first, when there was nothing to do, but first the "horns," and then the "carpenters." Moreover, the Lord finds enough men. He did not find three carpenters, but four; there were four horns, and there must be four workmen. God finds the right men; not four men with pens to write; not four architects to draw plans; but four carpenters to do rough work. Rest assured, you who tremble for the ark of God, that when the "horns" grow troublesome, the "carpenters" will be found. You need not fret concerning the weakness of the church of God at any moment; there may be growing up in obscurity the valiant reformer who will shake the nations: Chrysostoms may come forth from our Ragged Schools, and Augustines from the thickest darkness of London's poverty. The Lord knows where to find His servants. He hath in ambush a multitude of mighty men, and at His word they shall start up to the battle; "for the battle is the Lord's," and He shall get to Himself the victory. Let us abide faithful to Christ, and He, in the right time, will raise up for us a defence, whether it be in the day of our personal need, or in the season of peril to His Church.

----------
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#407013 Dec 4, 2012
Life Given by the Spirit

If we desire to live daily by the grace of God we must have the Holy Spirit working in our lives. Initially, we must receive spiritual life from the Spirit of God through His grace.

5Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.(Jhn 3:5-6)

The life of flesh is unable to inherit the kingdom of God. Every person on earth has been born through the flesh—that is, a natural human birth by human resources. That life cannot go into the kingdom of heaven. The kingdom of God is populated by those who are children of the family of God through new birth. This new birth is a new life by the Spirit. That which is born of the flesh is flesh. It will never change. It may possibly become religious, or zealous and dedicated. It may even want to turn over a new leaf, yet when it turns over the new leaf, underneath is more flesh. That which is born of the flesh is flesh. Our flesh cannot be perfected, therefore instead a new flesh, we need a new life.

And we receive that new life by the Holy Spirit. When we believe that Jesus died for us and call on the name of the Lord, confessing our sin and our need for salvation and forgiveness—by God’s grace—the Holy Spirit brings us new life in Christ. A new birth!

This is augmented with Jesus’ statement in John 6:53 which states,“you have no life in you.” He is speaking here of spiritual life. No eternal life. Nothing that can relate to God. All that exists of ourselves is our physical existence. Only ten verses later Jesus states that “it is the Spirit who gives life.” Again, this brings us back to the point of humility and faith. Not having any life in us is a humbling word. We are simply unable to supply the type of life that is necessary for knowing, walking and serving God. Let us now consider the faith aspect, for we see that it is “the Spirit who gives life.” Our assurance must be placed in God for this, and not our inadequate selves.
truth

Perth, Australia

#407014 Dec 4, 2012
I don't seek kingdom which Satan posses..did you?..you can be servant of him..not me!!!
I don't sold my soul..remember that..its in vain you and your kingdom where Satan is residence..did he know everything about that kingdom..yes then if he come to ruin..how he can save?
I am not afraid wrote this to anyone..remember that.

Real Creator and possessor is big deference as Heaven and Earth..now is game try posses all soul as they could..but can't ..no.
''Its written''
no any chance
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#407015 Dec 4, 2012
whereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee is that yourrrrrrrrrrr churchhhhhhhhh

liarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrr
as it issssssssssssssssss
liarrrr from himelajaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What a shame from lips which is pretend?

''alive church is within you''

So what?

lucy lucy lucy
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407016 Dec 4, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Cor. 3:10-15 - works are judged after death and tested by fire. Some works are lost, but the person is still saved. Paul is referring to the state of purgation called purgatory. The venial sins (bad works) that were committed are burned up after death, but the person is still brought to salvation. This state after death cannot be heaven (no one with venial sins is present) or hell (there is no forgiveness and salvation).
http://www.scripturecatholic.com/
WORKS are judged after death athe the BEMA SEAT, NOT SINS. Works are never refered to as sins in the scripture. Bad works are those tings christians do which have no eternal value, or things that are done with the wrong motives. Works do not equal sins. Paul is referring to a state of prugation called PURGATORY???? Who says so? There is no such reference anywhere. Just idle speculation. Paul is referring to the Bema Seat of Christ. We can never by suffering or by ANY OTHER means take away our sins. ONLY the sacrifice of a PERFECT SACRIFICE can ever do that. As for me, I will trust in the ONE who has already paid my debt 'in full'. You are trusting in Jesus for a 'partial payment' which really shows a lack of faith in HIM. So you tell me, WHICH SINS DID JESUS PAY FOR?
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

#407017 Dec 5, 2012
How can the teachings of Philippians 1:23 and ll Corin. 5:8 that all believers in Christ STRAIGHT TO HEAVEN at the moment of death be reconciled with the catholic doctrine of Purgatory?
truth

Perth, Australia

#407018 Dec 5, 2012
tested by fire..
i wrote
after prayers i go sleep
suddenly i open my eyes i see big big big fire ball as Sun..no no i did not burn not fill its hot not at all..
I am still alive!

Who protect me?
by

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#407020 Dec 5, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
Exodus 20:4-5...
“Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me.”
OMG!
Let's make up a list of excuses for why they do not follow this verse:

1. It is the OT, we are not under the old laws!{Now put the 10 commandments up in every school and public building!}

2. You are reading from the wrong translation!

3. god meant that you could not make images of other gods!

4. Our images are not graven.{We ignore the rest of the verse.}

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#407021 Dec 5, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
The Latin language, as the language of prayer and worship in churches, was imposed by Pope Gregory I ---- 600 years after Christ.
The Word of God forbids praying and teaching in an unknown tongue.(1st Corinthians 14:9)
Case closed.
Would you stop reading the bible! You are embarrassing them! ;)

Only they can quote to proper portions of the bible!

Only they can quote from the OT, when it is convenient to their beliefs of to suppress yours.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#407022 Dec 5, 2012
Michael wrote:
Youra chip off the old blockaren'tyou. I likeyour style, something nice to sayabout everyone.
06Dec12.....

.....Hey dere 'shataan' shickel.....***(_<.>__)* *** just for you.

Not everyVon, but only to hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists like you.

Ps:.....Danks fer da compliment.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#407023 Dec 5, 2012
Michael wrote:
I think you are really Preston, with that fake made up name Bob Loblaws. You are not fooling anyone Preston, with your hidden address location too.
06Dec12.....

.....Nope.....

..Not dat von.

If you weren't toooooooo lazy and did some research, you vill find dat Bobloblah (not Bob Loblaws) has beeen around TOPIX Forums a long, long time. Why, you're jest a newComer 'snotNose' along vit being a schidt-for-brains.

Ps:.....You are obviously fooled into dinking that the two posters you mentioned are da same....ya eeejit.

Now 'shataanSicke'....git thee forth and multiply in not so many words...in orher words Phuck Off.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#407024 Dec 5, 2012
Michael wrote:
Scandalafter scandal! if I was Jesus, I would contact God the father,and have him contact God the holy spirit, to have my name removed from the church. How embarassing for Jesus.
06Dec12.....

..ListenUP 'sickaelFace'*****(__<.> __)*****kiss dis tooooo.

.....You Really don't have to lose any sleep ovva your name being on the list as one of the Catholics.

It's what's in the mind of GOD dat counts.

GOD has you down as a child of Shataan and you will be given your just reward when you suckIn your last lungfull of breath.

Ps:....You can betCha last dolla on dat von, ya schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#407025 Dec 5, 2012
Michael wrote:
Hey Bob, or Preston.....you sound just like truth.Areyou from PerthAustralia? Ps:...and yer doin'alright. Keep hup da goot verk toooooooooo....and keep da hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains down. byyyyyyyyyyyyyy
06Dec12.....

.....Hey 'sickaelBreath'....

ALL posters wanna hear 'bout da dime you just hadd 'go' and ended up in an outHouse.

On entering you saw dat there were Two (2) holes.

.....and so vot didCha do, ya put a foot in each hole and schidt in yer pants.

Ps:....EveryVon can smell you now. BobLoblah can smell you haul da vey ovva here.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#407026 Dec 5, 2012
preston wrote:
lol, ifyou dont know,you arealready fooled.lol
06Dec12.....

....and votanarseHole dat 'sickelBreath' is.

Ps:.....BobLoblah believes dat ven it comes to dat eeejit 'sickael', there's more brains ina bottle of wadda.

By da vey.....da name 'Preston' is not too common, is it!!!

Foreverand Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#407027 Dec 5, 2012
Michael wrote:
email him??Areyou Crazy?...... Because he is! OK OK! I will believeyou this time, but he sure has the same temperment thatyou have. I could have swornyou were Bob.
06Dec12.....

....comeOn admit it 'sickael'. You're afraid of BobLoblah, aren'tCha.

Ps:....You cannot swear to anyDing. Nobody would believe you as you are a LIAR.....in additon to being a hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist...and schidt-for-brains.

Location hidden

#407028 Dec 5, 2012
junior d wrote:
Too bad there wrong.
06Dec12.....

.....'they're'.....ya uneducated nincompoop....'juniorStupid'.. .

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#407029 Dec 5, 2012
guest wrote:
I ordered thisand watched. It was interesting to say the least. http://www.pbs.org/inquisition/and it basically said what Catholics on this board have been saying. That the Inquisition handed the 'heretics' over to the secularauthorities for punishment. So.AGAIN I will say, the worldas we understand it today, is different than the world during the Inquisition. Today we understand "SecularAuthorities" as being distinctand separate from the Catholic Church. In those days, the "SecularAuthorities" wereallowed to be in place BY the Catholic Church, so IN ESSENCE the SecularAuthorities WERE the Catholic Church.And once they became institutionalized torturersand murderers THEY WERE NO LONGER THE ONE TRUE CHURCH, canyou not understand that? They became murderersalmost immediately, though - weall know that...so inactuality they were NEVER the one true church, especially since they immediately setabout the change everything Christ warned themabout, startingwith; Do not callany manyour Father. Secret Files Of The Inquisition states: For over 600 years The Inquisition enforced Catholic Orthodoxyaround the world. the word "enforced" conjures up thoughts of violence, does it not? The Catholic Church isa joke,and those who have been sucked into its system,are the jesters. Jesus Christ would never beassociatedwith a system suchas the Catholic Church - but in its lust for powerand prominence, the Catholic Church certainly has tried to grab hold of the legitimacy thatassociationwith Christ represents. Since Their Very First Murder The Church Has Shown,Without Equivocation, Who TheyAre TrulyAssociatedWith.any questions?
06Dec12.....

.....anyVon who uses da word 'basically' in a conversation don't know what they are talking about. It ranks up there with 'whatever','whenever','whoever ','maybe', and today's eeejits 'awesome' and the most despicable 'no problem, no problem'.

Ps:...anyOne who uses 'basically'... twice are schidt-for-brains.

You 'guest' are very close to being schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#407030 Dec 5, 2012
guys. religions a matter of personal choice. if you choose to be in one then all the power to ya. but.. should you try and PUSH your religion on others like some think they have to. then theyre just making fools of themselves and what they believe in. one can have faith in ones religion WITHOUT BEATING YER FREAKIN CHEST ABOUT IT!
nuff said

Location hidden

#407031 Dec 5, 2012
Crickback wrote:
guys. religions a matter of personal choice. if you choose to be in one then all the power to ya. but.. should you try and PUSH your religion on others like some think they have to. then theyre just making fools of themselves and what they believe in. one can have faith in ones religion WITHOUT BEATING YER FREAKIN CHEST ABOUT IT!
nuff said
06Dec12.....

.....ans so here you are 'tryin' to convince members of da Topic to see things your way.

Ps:....Isn't dat preaching!!!!!Vot's da difference.

Are you a hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist???

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
truth

Perth, Australia

#407032 Dec 5, 2012
Your Creator see everything.
What is visible and not visible.
It is in vain all story that real Creator did not know nothing.

You are created on his image..then what a about other creation what you try hide..ok if are you..then you need know..real Creator see everything.
now
you don't liked me..
Why is like that?

then you need explain two words

''halali or forgiveness''

Why Jesus Christ is liar?

What a shame from corupt mind?

ok
you are not believer
then ''Why you liked your organization to be with faith?''

''faith'' is build within you..does meter you liked be like God..

''every word which you can't escape''
''where ever you go its waiting''

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholic Church the only body 'effectively acti... 5 hr QUITTNER Oct 1 2014 2
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Lorenzo 8,333
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 11 hr QUITTNER Oct 1 2014 15
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Tue Delilahblue 171
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Sep 29 Sherlayne 21
Catholics react to pope remarks on gays, abortion (Sep '13) Sep 29 Gapin Garrika 12
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Sep 26 KidlatNgayon 88

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE