Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,873
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#406879 Dec 4, 2012
preston wrote:
. Ignatius constantly contends for the recognition of the authority of the ministers of the church. "Do nothing", he writes to the Magnesians, "without the bishop and the presbyters." The "three orders" are essential to the church, without them no church is worthy of the name (cf. Trall. 3). "It is not lawful apart from the bishop either to baptize or to hold a love-feast" (Smyrn. 8). Respect is due to the bishop as to God, to the presbyters as the council of God and the college of apostles, to the deacons as to Jesus Christ (Trall. 3). These terms must not, of course, be taken in their developed modern sense. The "bishop" of Ignatius seems to represent the modern pastor of a church.
if number 3 is correct, then we can place no credence in any form that Peter himself ordained ignatius, since that office is one that the chruch itself is involved in, by calling themselves a Pastor.
friends it cant be both ways, if the office of a bishop needed to have an Apostle lay hands on him, then it is more than a Pastorate,
if it is less, then peter was never involved, for what ever reason
preston

I can see that it "seems" like the bishop is like a pastor. But remember in Antioch, Peter(the Apostle) was the first bishop, then assigned Evidius....And Paul(the Apostle) established Ignatius as the 3rd bishop...(Galatians 2:11 puts Paul there.) So the first three are considered Apostolic Fathers of the Church, as they were alive during the time of the Apostles....After that, the Church became more centralised to the teachings of the Apostles, to keep the unity of the faith, otherwise it would have been torn apart. Thus Apostolic Succession took place to do both of these..

After the time of Jesus came the Apostles.

After the time of the Apostles came the "Apostolic Fathers" which merged into Early Church Fathers.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#406880 Dec 4, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the Vatican is laying low on this.
Except the great Catholic spokesman Donahue, who says pictures of naked little girls are normal.
The BIGGEST PROBLEM long-term for the RCC is simple -- Jesus would never appoint the perpetrator of the WORLD'S LARGEST CHILD ABUSE SCANDAL and COVER-UP as His representative.
Anyone can read the Bible and see that Jesus isn't such a creep.
But Catholics are now forced to rationalize this fact and it makes their heads spin. Here, we went from "an invention of the American media" to "yesterdays news" in an instant.
But THE #1 FACT remains -- Jesus did NOT facilitate the world's largest child sex abuse cover-up -- by appointing and guiding this unworthy church.
Thus, when Catholics call you names, they call Jesus names too.
Bill Donohue the one man band, catholic apologist, gets paid over $300,000 a year to yell at non catholics.

preston

Waverly, OH

#406881 Dec 4, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. "cleaning" means "attending".
I learned a little Latin in Catholic school, but it's amazing when you realize that so much of western language is derived from it. Look at science and mathematics, it's filled with it.
if gif did attend a bible college, he should know what this verse is.lol

Sic enim dilexit Deus mundum ut Filium suum unigenitum daret ut omnis qui credit in eum non pereat sed habeat vitam aeternam.

I would believe that your nuns would have taught you this verse.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#406882 Dec 4, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>05Dec12.....
....BobLoblah is watch'in you.
Ps:...and yer doin' alright.
Keep hup da goot verk toooooooooo....and keep da hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains down.
Forever and Ever
Bobloblah
I think you are really Preston, with that fake made up name Bob Loblaws.

You are not fooling anyone Preston, with your hidden address location too.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#406883 Dec 4, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Give me a scripture from the Bible that says that I should repent to God for obeying Him...
Correction---for YOU it is called "DISOBEDIENCE".....S o now you are telling me that spreading and preaching division along with condemning, judging, bashing and attacking the faith of other Christians (especially Catholics---(ICor 1:10), James 5:12, I Tim 3:6, Romans 8:1, John 7:24,(these---according to you) IS NOT disobedience to Gods Word, then you must have "thrown those verses" ()along with many others)"conveniently " out of your bible, in order for you to be able to justify your own sin!!!---as Michael would say---"Unbelievable" !!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#406884 Dec 4, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You should repent. You're a proven liar and bearer of false witness, along with your wife. If you think God will overlook this because it's directed against the Catholic Church, well, I wish you two the very best of luck.
~~~

Well now....WE WILL JUST WAIT AND SEE NOW ....WANT WE?

So far the Roman Catholic Church has 650 years of inquisition

murder,torture, burning at stake, theft of property ...later on..global sodomy...of Children,

pervert/homosexual activity, and just about every sin one can name...

Some how I do not believe God approves of such activity propagated in

His name...

Jesus spoke of the attributes of the one that does the a fore mentioned.

He said

John 10:10 PART A.... The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:

his attributes are

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

It is quite evident that the above are the attributes..of the thief..

___

The church that really represents Jesus Christ followers His attributes

Jesus said of Himself...

He discriminates against no one

for he said ...

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

JOHN10:10 part B
I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

His attributes are

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Gal 5:24

NOTE....===> And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Again Jesus said

Mat_7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#406885 Dec 4, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the Vatican is laying low on this.
Except the great Catholic spokesman Donahue, who says pictures of naked little girls are normal.
The BIGGEST PROBLEM long-term for the RCC is simple -- Jesus would never appoint the perpetrator of the WORLD'S LARGEST CHILD ABUSE SCANDAL and COVER-UP as His representative.
Anyone can read the Bible and see that Jesus isn't such a creep.
But Catholics are now forced to rationalize this fact and it makes their heads spin. Here, we went from "an invention of the American media" to "yesterdays news" in an instant.
But THE #1 FACT remains -- Jesus did NOT facilitate the world's largest child sex abuse cover-up -- by appointing and guiding this unworthy church.
Thus, when Catholics call you names, they call Jesus names too.
Scandal after scandal!

if I was Jesus, I would contact God the father, and have him contact God the holy spirit, to have my name removed from the church.

How embarassing for Jesus.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#406886 Dec 4, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
....BobLoblah is watch'in you.
Keep hup da goot verk toooooooooo....and keep da hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains down.
Forever and Ever
Bobloblah
Hey Bob, or Preston.....

you sound just like truth. Are you from Perth Australia?

byyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#406887 Dec 4, 2012
<quoted text>
you wrote
Purgatory is still a doctrine of the Church. It's not an "invention" and hasn't been "gotten rid of".
Purgatory IS NOT..NEVER WAS a doctrine of the BIBLE...
THE SEQUENCE OF MANS FATE... IS CLEARLY DEFINED IN GOD'S WORD..
it says
Heb_9:27 And as
1.it is appointed unto men
2.once to die,
3. but after this
4. the judgment:
NOW
Prove me wrong
Take the Bible and prove me wrong...
IF YOU CAN?
confrinting good friend

You are wrong....Purgatory is in the Bible. It is a process and not a place....

I Cor 3:11-15

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire."

True Jesus is the foundation.
But we each are not Jesus, and so build, and are rebuilding ourselves according to God's Grace and Will into the likeness of Jesus....

If you think you perfectly fit that image, you may be surprised at how hot it will be when you are tried as by fire....since "every man's work" will be tried.....Purgatory. Plain and simple.
preston

Waverly, OH

#406888 Dec 4, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, if you dont know,

you are already fooled.lol
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#406889 Dec 4, 2012
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony MN.

Priests to speak out against their Bishop?? Is this something new?

http://www.tonyskansascity.com/2012/12/tkc-br...
preston

Waverly, OH

#406890 Dec 4, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
he has aprofile, why dont you send him an email and if he will answer you, you will know the truth.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#406891 Dec 4, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....LIAR....
You remember nuttin' because you have schidt-for-brains.
You were Never a Roman Catholic. In fact, you were Never a Christian. You are jest a envious and jealous tempest in a teaPot.
Ps:.....Pope John XXIII began Vatical II. With it came the changes to the performing of Holy Mass. The congregation liked it as now they had a 'face-to-face' contact with the Priest as he carred out the 'Changing of the Bread and Wine into the Body and Blood of Our Lord Jesus Chris'......something you pagans don't have the FAITH to understand.
Begone 'shataan' BobLoblah is goin' to send our Father Merrin to visit you in your tiny room von of dese deys toooooooo.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
BLOBLABLA....says

.......Pope John XXIII began Vatical II. With it came the changes to the performing of Holy Mass turning the altar around. The congregation liked it as now they had a 'face-to-face' contact with the Priest.

Michael says.....WOW!

So it took Pope John XXXIII from 1957 until 1962 how to figure out turning the altar around 180 degrees.....

Brilliant Bob!! no wonder the church changes so slowly! LOL!

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#406892 Dec 4, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>lol, if you dont know,
you are already fooled.lol
I gave you a laughing judgie.

You have been on your best behavior today. I don't understand.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#406893 Dec 4, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
Well now....WE WILL JUST WAIT AND SEE NOW ....WANT WE?
So far the Roman Catholic Church has 650 years of inquisition
murder,torture, burning at stake, theft of property ...later on..global sodomy...of Children,
pervert/homosexual activity, and just about every sin one can name...
Some how I do not believe God approves of such activity propagated in
His name...
Jesus spoke of the attributes of the one that does the a fore mentioned.
He said
John 10:10 PART A.... The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:
his attributes are
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
It is quite evident that the above are the attributes..of the thief..
___
The church that really represents Jesus Christ followers His attributes
Jesus said of Himself...
He discriminates against no one
for he said ...
Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
JOHN10:10 part B
I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
His attributes are
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24
NOTE....===> And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Again Jesus said
Mat_7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
No, I don't think God will overlook your intentional ignorance and false witness. If you think He will, again, good luck.
Live Action

Shawnee, OK

#406894 Dec 4, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this.
The hirearchy demands their priests and nuns to NEVER MARRY and have CHILDREN so their assets will be willed back to the church.
On the other hand the hirearchy demands catholic followers to GET MARRIED and have LOTS OF BABIES so down the road more children means more money in the collection baskets.
.......and catholics can't see this!
They don't see anything but what they want to.
ReginaM

Lakewood, NJ

#406895 Dec 4, 2012
who="Michael"
What vatican II did, was "LIBERALIZE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH".
It made the church progressive not conservative.
.... Nuns running around in soccer shorts.
.... Priests telling parishioners to use their own conscience when making decisions on birth control and divorce, and not feel guilty for eating meat on fridays........I remember it well.
Speak any lanuguage you want when saying mass. Latin if you know it!
Vatican II.......the gamechanger.
As long as the CC used the Latin language, their people could imagine that they were hearing about the glorious CC. But when it was done in common language, the 'mystery' was all gone. They understood what was being said, and their dreams were shattered.
KayMarie
What an ignorant remark. If this shatters your dreams, you're in worse trouble than I thought:

Sanctus, sanctus, sanctus Dóminus Deus Sábaoth. Pleni sunt coeli et terra glória tua. Hosanna in excelsis. Benedictus qui venit in nómine Dómini. Hosanna in excelsis.

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis.
Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis.
Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona nobis pacem.

Good luck, you're going to need it.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#406896 Dec 4, 2012
who="Anthony MN"
Quit being so dramatic. It doesn't take much to set you off my friend. When your child does something seriously wrong, they are forgiven, but they still get their just punishment. They are still loved and after the punishment, it's all good.
"Now where there is forgiveness of these things, there is no longer any offering for sin." Hebrews 10:18. Our forgiveness is already complete; we do not need to be purified in purgatory!"
This is a common example of not only how Protestants misunderstand what Catholics mean by purgatory, but how they take a biblical verse out of context. First of all, that one offering for sin is Christ, and we all agree since we tie purgatory into the final phase of sanctification. Our forgiveness is complete in Christ and because of Christ's one offering, this is possible. There is no problem with the one offering or sacrifice, or the ongoing sanctification as an application of that one sacrifice (Hebrew 10:10-14; 1 John 1:7-9; 2:1-2).
But let us read Hebrews chapter 10 in context, and see if that sacrifice applies irrevocably forever to a believer:
16: "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds," 17: then he adds, "I will remember their sins and their misdeeds no more." 18: Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin. 19: Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the sanctuary by the blood of Jesus, 20: by the new and living way which he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, 21: and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22: let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith,.....
Rest here; http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/a94.htm
If my child is truly repentant, I will not punish him.
You spoke God's heart when you wrote: "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds," 17: then he adds, "I will remember their sins and their misdeeds no more."
If he/we continue in the sin, then correction will be used. But I won't put him in a dark closet and tell him horror stories, and have demons supposedly 'correcting' him.
KayMarie
Have you stopped sinning Kay?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#406897 Dec 4, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>he has aprofile, why dont you send him an email and if he will answer you, you will know the truth.
email him?? Are you Crazy?...... Because he is!

OK OK! I will believe you this time, but he sure has the same temperment that you have. I could have sworn you were Bob.

Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

#406898 Dec 4, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Donohue the one man band, catholic apologist, gets paid over $300,000 a year to yell at non catholics.
Someone needs to explain to this catholic apologist that having pictures of naked little girls on your computer is not a good thing for a priest.

Maybe the Vatican should be informed as well?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) 5 hr Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Thu Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Thu pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Thu PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••