Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
391,861 - 391,880 of 537,099 Comments Last updated 21 min ago

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

who="hojo"
"No wonder" you left the Catholic Church! ANYONE knows that God is both a God of love and mercy as well as a God of justice and judgement ---as stated in Romans 10:14 where "each one of us will, eventually stand before the judgment seat of God to answer and give an account of our lives to HIM!!----You, Michael, must have been one of those Catholics that either "was asleep both in Confirmation AND in Mass---or ---did you just "not bother" to show up!!...... Now it explains why you "keep spreading" your liberal anti-catholic "distorted statistics, percentages and "hogwash" on this forum!!

You two make an amazing pair. Michael is bitter about his experience with the Catholic church. You, hojo, are just as bitter about your experience with the Protestant church you were in.
Interesting to see how this one will turn out.
KayMarie

P.S. I wouldn't be afraid to bet (I'm not a betting person) that BOTH of you had some bitter experiences with co-laborers OR superiors. You aren't truly disillusioned with your churches/God, but you are misplacing your feelings against others.
Want to get out of bitterness? FORGIVE those who hurt you, and take a really good and new look at the Bible itself.

There is victory IN THE LORD...
KayMarie
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't tell us what we believe Purgatory is.
Look at Purgatory as a process, instead of a place. You and I are going through that process as we speak. And it will continue after we die in order to cleanse ourselves. "Nothing unclean shall enter Heaven" Revelation 21:27
Purgatory might be minutes for some and days for others- although time as we understand it, ceases to exist after death.
You're not clean enough to automatically be in the presence of God in Heaven, 4gvn. But you are not bad enough for eternal separation in hell.
So now what? You think you are without blemish along with all the other born agains? I'm being serious.
What you are saying is NOT catholic teaching as you well know. Purgatory is an imaginary place that has no place in scripture. You keep quoting "nothing unclean shall enter heaven", which is true. But ONLY the sacrifice of Jesus can make us clean. If there was another way God would have spared His Son. Sorry Clay but what you have been taught about purgatory does not align with God's word.
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

When Jesus died on the cross,He said,"IT IS FINISHED." (John 19:30) Jesus COMPLETED the work of redemption at the cross. No puratory is needed for those who trust in Christ. First John 1:7 declares, "The blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from ALL SIN", Romans8:1 says,"
there is NOW no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." We are cleansed NOT by the "fire of purgatory", but by the blood of Jesus(Hebrews 9:14). Jesus"Himself is the propitiation for our sins"(1John 2:2). It is through Jesus' work on the cross that we are made righteous (2 Cor. 5:21). The apostle Paul spoke of himself as "not having a righteous of his own, derived from the Law, but that which is through FAITH in Christ, the righteousnes which comes from God on the basis of faith." (Philippians 3:9). It is through the wonderful work of Christ on the cross that believers are "blameless", and hence they have no need of an imagined purgatory(Jude 1:24).

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Loblaws says......
....and NOT only da Communist Chinks who have murdered countless millions of outsiders and more of their very own people, your neck should be thrown in also.
Ps:....Yeah. BobLoblah alveys tells it like it is. No foolin' around. The Jews and the Romans had their way with BobLoblah's Lord Jesus Christ and now its come tull circle to allow BobLoblah to call a spade a spade.
Love forever and ever
bobloblah
Michael says.....
....Bob you speak so eloquently. The posters like that and I adore you so much that I want to be just like you.
UNBELIEVABLE!!
05Dec12.....

.....dank you berry much fer da compliment.

Ps:....and whenever the Name of Jesus Christ is mentioned, every knee should bend.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
What can wash away our sin?
How about our own suffering in PURGATORY?
Challenges from a Protestant on purgatory

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/purgatory_qa...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
What vatican II did, was "LIBERALIZE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH".
It made the church progressive not conservative.
.... Nuns running around in soccer shorts.
.... Priests telling parishioners to use their own conscience when making decisions on birth control and divorce, and not feel guilty for eating meat on fridays........I remember it well.
Speak any lanuguage you want when saying mass. Latin if you know it!
Vatican II.......the gamechanger.
05Dec12.....

.....LIAR....

You remember nuttin' because you have schidt-for-brains.

You were Never a Roman Catholic. In fact, you were Never a Christian. You are jest a envious and jealous tempest in a teaPot.

Ps:.....Pope John XXIII began Vatical II. With it came the changes to the performing of Holy Mass. The congregation liked it as now they had a 'face-to-face' contact with the Priest as he carred out the 'Changing of the Bread and Wine into the Body and Blood of Our Lord Jesus Chris'......something you pagans don't have the FAITH to understand.

Begone 'shataan' BobLoblah is goin' to send our Father Merrin to visit you in your tiny room von of dese deys toooooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
4GVN

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

By one offering He has (perfected for all time) those who are sanctfied".(Heb. 10:14)
No further purging is neccessary because Christ has perfected 'for all time' those who have believed in Him.
THAT WHICH IS ALREADY PERFECT "FOR ALL TIME" NEEDS NO FURTHER PURGING.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
So refreshing to hear from you HOJO...ALWAYS! something always nice to say.
You should team up with bobloblalalala! He too is an inspiration.
UNBELIEVABLE!
05Dec12......

.....ListenUP schidtFace 'paganSickel'....

Sticks 'n stones may break BobLoblah's bones, but names vill nevva hurt BobLoblah.

Ps:.....Da only education dat you have 'sickel' is dat which you gleaned from da ILK dat tossed swill ovva da rails of yer pigPen.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
By one offering He has (perfected for all time) those who are sanctfied".(Heb. 10:14)
No further purging is neccessary because Christ has perfected 'for all time' those who have believed in Him.
THAT WHICH IS ALREADY PERFECT "FOR ALL TIME" NEEDS NO FURTHER PURGING.
1 Cor. 3:10-15 - works are judged after death and tested by fire. Some works are lost, but the person is still saved. Paul is referring to the state of purgation called purgatory. The venial sins (bad works) that were committed are burned up after death, but the person is still brought to salvation. This state after death cannot be heaven (no one with venial sins is present) or hell (there is no forgiveness and salvation).

1 Cor. 3:15 –“if any man’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.” The phrase for "suffer loss" in the Greek is "zemiothesetai." The root word is "zemioo" which also refers to punishment. The construction “zemiothesetai” is used in Ex. 21:22 and Prov. 19:19 which refers to punishment (from the Hebrew “anash” meaning “punish” or “penalty”). Hence, this verse proves that there is an expiation of temporal punishment after our death, but the person is still saved. This cannot mean heaven (there is no punishment in heaven) and this cannot mean hell (the possibility of expiation no longer exists and the person is not saved).

1 Cor. 3:15 – further, Paul writes “he himself will be saved, "but only" (or “yet so”) as through fire.”“He will be saved” in the Greek is “sothesetai”(which means eternal salvation). The phrase "but only" (or “yet so”) in the Greek is "houtos" which means "in the same manner." This means that man is both eternally rewarded and eternally saved in the same manner by fire.

1 Cor. 3:13 - when Paul writes about God revealing the quality of each man's work by fire and purifying him, this purification relates to his sins (not just his good works). Protestants, in attempting to disprove the reality of purgatory, argue that Paul was only writing about rewarding good works, and not punishing sins (because punishing and purifying a man from sins would be admitting that there is a purgatory).

1 Cor. 3:17 - but this verse proves that the purgation after death deals with punishing sin. That is, destroying God's temple is a bad work, which is a mortal sin, which leads to death. 1 Cor. 3:14,15,17 - purgatory thus reveals the state of righteousness (v.14), state of venial sin (v.15) and the state of mortal sin (v.17), all of which are judged after death.

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="hojo" "No wonder" you left the Catholic Church! ANYONE knows that God is both a Godof love and mercy as well as a Godof justice and judgement ---as stated in Romans 10:14 where "each oneof us will, eventually stand before the judgment seatof God to answer and give an accountof our lives to HIM!!----You, Michael, must have been oneof those Catholics that either "was asleep both in Confirmation AND in Mass---or ---did you just "not bother" to show up!!...... Now it explains why you "keep spreading" your liberal anti-catholic "distorted statistics, percentages and "hogwash" on this forum!!******** You two make an amazing pair. Michael is bitter about his experience with the Catholic church. You, hojo, are just as bitter about your experience with the Protestant church you were in. Interesting to see how this one will turnout. KayMarie ********** P.S. I wouldn't be afraid to bet (I'm not a betting person) that BOTHof you had some bitter experiences with co-laborers OR superiors. You aren't truly disillusioned with your churches/God, but you are misplacing your feelings against others. Want to getout of bitterness? FORGIVE those who hurt you, and take a really good and new look at the Bible itself. There is victory IN THE LORD... KayMarie
05Dec12.....

.....Naw. Not at all. Don't believe dat schidt.

Ps:.....Both 'sickel' and 'tojo' are Queers and pissedOff that theOld Testament defines it as an abomination and that Jesus Chrisst said 'if a man lieth with a man, it would be better if that man tied a millstone around his neck and cast himself into the sea'. They both need to pull the7-week old condoms out of their arseHoles.....and then to PhuckOFf into da sunset.

This is the only language these schidt-for-brains unnaStan. Ya unnastan.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay says.....
......Compared to other times in the Churchs 2,000 yr history, this is nothing.
Michael says.....
.....why would there have been other times in your churches history if your church states it is the ONE TRUE CHURCH?
The people must be wrong! thats it!
If the holy spirit is suppose to be guiding the church authorities, why have there have been many bumpy rides along the way?
something is terribly wrong!
That's hilarious, because you know we only claim to be protected by the Holy Spirit on faith and moral teachings. Yet, again, you like to spread gossip by somehow claiming our 'bumpy' rides mean we aren't really guided. Weird.

That's ok though Michael, your buddy free mind use to recite that logic every single day. And I explained the Churchs claim every single day. This happened about 400 times, then he stopped for a few months. Now he does it again.
Can you say ideological agenda??
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>What you are saying is NOT catholic teaching as you well know. Purgatory is an imaginary place that has no place in scripture. You keep quoting "nothing unclean shall enter heaven", which is true. But ONLY the sacrifice of Jesus can make us clean. If there was another way God would have spared His Son. Sorry Clay but what you have been taught about purgatory does not align with God's word.
What I said is Catholic belief. Purgatory is more of a process than a place.

Anyway, what you say our Bible says, means nothing. You should be careful when you stand up and teach what *you* think is Gods will. You're not an authority.

Besides, our Bible has more books that Luther took out. Those books validate our teachings.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's hilarious, because you know we only claim to be protected by the Holy Spirit on faith and moral teachings. Yet, again, you like to spread gossip by somehow claiming our 'bumpy' rides mean we aren't really guided. Weird.
That's ok though Michael, your buddy free mind use to recite that logic every single day. And I explained the Churchs claim every single day. This happened about 400 times, then he stopped for a few months. Now he does it again.
05Dec12.....

....BobLoblah is watch'in you.

Ps:...and yer doin' alright.

Keep hup da goot verk toooooooooo....and keep da hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains down.

Forever and Ever
Bobloblah
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Why so angry my friend!
....you are starting to sound just like Bob Loblaws.
They are calling you nasty names again.

What factual link did you post to get the mythical minds so stirred up?

Please re-post. Must be insightful :o)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
From the 100's of past comments that you have posted on this forum, Confrinting, they are ALL a "clear indication" that repentance (not to me)---BUT TO ALMIGHTY GOD HIMSELF (never is nor ever has been, nor ever seems to be) a part of your Christian doctrine of belief........ Repentance and confession requires humility, meekness, submission and trustful Surrender to Gods Divine Providence!.......Quite frankly, it takes, every bit of my own humility from Gods Grace, to go to confession for putting up with the anti-catholic heresy and hostile distorted statements that you are "so famous for!!.
~~~

Give me a scripture from the Bible that says that I should repent to God for obeying Him...

His charge to me is...

2Ti 4:1 ==>I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2Ti 4:2 ==> Preach the word; <==

be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

SO...YOU WANT ME TO REPENT OF MY CALLING,

AND CHARGE THAT GOD HAS GIVEN ME ...

AND PREACH YOUR ROMAN CATHOLIC FABLES...RIGHT?

I HAVE NO APOLOGY FOR OBEYING GOD....

Your are just wasting your time...posting to me..
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Not "guided" by the Holy Spirit, but "protected."

When did this RCC teaching change?

lol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What I said is Catholic belief. Purgatory is more of a process than a place.
Anyway, what you say our Bible says, means nothing. You should be careful when you stand up and teach what *you* think is Gods will. You're not an authority.
Besides, our Bible has more books that Luther took out. Those books validate our teachings.
It's not Luther that took out the truth from the Bible...

The true meaning was destroyed.... BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

WHEN IT .... TRANSLATED THE Bible

INTO LATIN...

LATIN IS A DEAD LANGUAGE JUST AS RROMAN CATHOLICISM IS A DEAD CHURCH.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Fr Dye explained the Churchs position accurately and fairly. You heard it, now you ignore it and move forward. Imagine that.
Hey, you should tell us that story again... How you JUST found out you were Baptized Catholic and never knew you were...catholic.
Then, oddly, you came on here later and concocted a story about your parents bringing you to Church every Sunday- raising you in the faith, but when you wanted to bring a friend, they said no cuz he was Protestant!
Which is it, you were only baptized and never knew you were Catholic? Or your parents raised you in the faith?
Buhahaha..
The web we weave when we start to deceive.
Your a joke.
So much anger, confusion, and distortion.

As for my Baptism, I was raised Roman Catholic. I left the church. However, I discovered years later that my name was still on church rolls. I also found out that to offically leave the church, I must fill out some forms and pay a fee.

But you always confuse things. Just like you confused my post with anything Fr Rob "expalined.

Rob gave a nice account of the RCC's positionjh TODAY.

However, here is what I posted:

"For centuries, the RCC taught that there was no salvation outside the Church. Then they changed and as usual, claimed that it was always taught thus.(Absurd but true.)"

Do you refute that? No, you just rant and whine.

You also completely missed this, which acknowledges Rob's explanation:

"However, many offspring churches still teach about a bitter, small-minded god -- a god who judges people based on where they were born and the culture in which they were raised.
What a silly concept."

I explain in good faith, but you answer with so much anger, you seem to forget to read the actual words.

Calm down.
Free Mind

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael says...
...It's been three months since Finn's conviction, and (as the Times article reveals), there are even priests in his diocese willing to say publicly that he should be gone. But neither his fellow bishops nor the Vatican has uttered so much as a peep about the first American hierarch to be convicted of covering up a case of clerical sexual abuse.
Its that FEAR FACTOR.......that I have been hollering about that is within the catholic church followers.
Lay people will not speak out, priests are afraid to speak their minds to their bishops, and so on all the way up the chain of command.
When will all catholics stand up and speak their minds when things are terribly wrong within their church. Its obvious the church hirearchy has a stranglehold on its followers and uses the "GOD will punish you" card. if you speak out.
If catholics are really serious about ending wrong doings in their church they FIRST have to make it known that they are not acceptable. Until the day ever comes, scandal after scandal will fester, and every day more STRONG ONLY catholics will quietly walk away.
Of course the Vatican is laying low on this.

Except the great Catholic spokesman Donahue, who says pictures of naked little girls are normal.

The BIGGEST PROBLEM long-term for the RCC is simple -- Jesus would never appoint the perpetrator of the WORLD'S LARGEST CHILD ABUSE SCANDAL and COVER-UP as His representative.

Anyone can read the Bible and see that Jesus isn't such a creep.

But Catholics are now forced to rationalize this fact and it makes their heads spin. Here, we went from "an invention of the American media" to "yesterdays news" in an instant.

But THE #1 FACT remains -- Jesus did NOT facilitate the world's largest child sex abuse cover-up -- by appointing and guiding this unworthy church.

Thus, when Catholics call you names, they call Jesus names too.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not Luther that took out the truth from the Bible...
The true meaning was destroyed.... BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
WHEN IT .... TRANSLATED THE Bible
INTO LATIN...
LATIN IS A DEAD LANGUAGE JUST AS RROMAN CATHOLICISM IS A DEAD CHURCH.
Latin dialects became the Spanish, Portugese, Italian and French lanuages. Two thirds of the English language can be traced back to Latin. It may not look exactly the same as when it started, but it's the foundation of every 'Romance' language spoken in the west. In the same manner, all of the competing protestant denominations are simply cheap imitations of the original Church founded by Christ, the Catholic Church. You may think it's dead, but unfortunately at your age you'll be finding out sooner than most of us here. Good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••