Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,593)

Showing posts 391,841 - 391,860 of512,296
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

typo - I know there are, so why do you reject them?

"I know they are, so why do you reject them?"
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAY says.......
....Btw, most of us in the Church agree, we need to become smaller because of too many cradle Catholics attempting to entwine modern culture into the faith. Ie gay marriage and other liberal ideology.. Sorry mike, ain't gonna happen.
MICHAEL says.....
....what organization thrives to become smaller?(lol)!
You will become smaller because people who are the church are moving on in their lives, or moving to something else.
If General Motors doesn't sell as many cars as they did in the past is it the consumers fault? No its the fault of the GM. You won't allow yourself to believe that when things aren't going right, the fault lies at the top and rolls down hill from there. It doesn't start at the bottom where the followers are.
The Catholic Church's mission isn't a popularity contest. Its to bring the gospel to the world.
If folks join and hear the gospel, then attempt to change it or infiltrate Church doctrine, then they need to leave.
Its bound to happen that we become smaller in some parts of the world and larger in others. This has happened in every century since the first.
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

FLASH: Pope tells truth about Jesus' birthday and other myths.

Why is this important?

Because as each event is studied, a layer of myth gets stripped away -- like peeling an onion.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Free Mind wrote:
Why is this important?
Because as each event is studied, a layer of myth gets stripped away -- like peeling an onion.
The god of the gaps is disappearing.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>no one even seems to be certain when he was born, let alone be that child that jesus held, and also there is no Biblcal evidence that jesus ever walked in Syria. so it must be a legend tha is false and for what ever reason why your church would wish to exploit that, remains a mystery, doesnt It.
and also if he wasnt born until 98, he wasnt even known by john just as polycarp(another legend told without being factual) wasnt.
Ignatius of Antioch (ca. 35 or 50-between 98 and 117) was among the Apostolic Fathers, was the third Bishop of Antioch
preston

Ignatius of Antioch

Born: c. 35 AD(maybe as late as 50)
Died: c. 110 AD(during the reign of Trajan)-117 AD

The RCC does not believe in the myth that Ignatius was one of the children touched by Jesus....Rather, that he rather late in his life had a conversion....

A rather fair and balanced approach to him is in this article

http://www.nndb.com/people/718/000094436/

I think the main point is the genuineness of the Vossian Epistles, which everyone thinks are true(the 7 Epistles), supported by Polycarp and Eusebius....It is in Section V

In the same article, the last paragraph is particularly important....(although the whole article is interesting....)

Since: Dec 12

Portland, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

When i read stories like this i thank god i am Atheist

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Free Mind wrote:
Why is this important?
The question will be, will they believe him?

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/12/03/pope-debu...
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I would believe that you and other catholics, would be deeply concerned when the bishops of your church report stats that are "not like they use to be".
If I was into the church as you are, I would want to know why.
I told you why. A hundred times...

People don't have time for the Catholic Church.

Things as pretty good the last 50 yrs in America and Europe. Folks have replaced God with other things. OR they simply designed their own god in 41,000 + protestant sects. Christianity buffet. You take a litter here, accept a litter there, and then you can feel comfortable outside the Church.
It will take a plague or famine (sadly) then the Church will boom in Europe and North America. Wanna bet?
People are so attached to this Earth right now, because for the first time in the history of the world, folks like you and I can enjoy things that previously, were only attainable by the elite. Nice cars, jewelry, lake homes and money. Culturally...promiscuity, recreational sex and pride have replaced religion.
Michael, THIS is why people are leaving God and the Catholic Church.
But do not underestimate the Holy Spirit. There will be Priest there will be Catholics. Always. God won't stop calling people because Michael enjoys his life to much and doesn't need God anymore.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert says.......your problem is that you want everyone to think the way you do. It just isn't going to happen.
Michael says.....Isn't that the agenda of the catholic church? Go out and teach the world to believe just like YOU, that you are right and everyone else is wrong?
There are thousands of christian denominations and sects, ALL using the same "inspired words of God" to prove each of their own conflicting doctrines. lol!
Wrong again Robert. I never claimed I live by populism. Remember I, like so many on this forum, are former catholics. I am independant and belong to no group.
During the past few years the catholic church has been in the news, several times for bad news stories. Many of them right in america. I follow them and wonder how so many things could go wrong.
Worldwide sex abuse scandals that we now know have gone on since the inception of the church, and have occured in almost every diocese in america. Court cases going on as I post. Thats not good! Are catholics more concerned in preserving the sanctity of the church over our children? That is exactly what church authorities did, until they got caught. Where have the voices of catholics been on this most disgusting matter? DEAFENING SILENCE! The biggest story in 500 years in your catholic church and you find it more interesting to find fault with protestants.
Vatican Bank money laundering scandals for the second time in just a few years. Do you really know where your money goes, and how it is spent? Do you even know about this issue?
2 investigations of 47,000 nuns in america as the vatican claims they are all radical feminists. I often post about this huge story that is only going to get bigger.
I bring current event news, though to some it might not be positive news but news just the same that catholics should know about. If they don't care, or put their heads in the sand as they usually do when its issues about them, then they don't have to respond to my posts.
Today educated catholics want to know about their church. The good deeds and bad and they are not afraid to ask. Old guards like you are a fading breed who never questions anything the church does right or wrong, and the church loves you for that.
When you watch the 6:00 oclock news tonight and bad news is reported, as it always is, turn your tv off.
Michael

You first write, you think for yourself..."Wrong again Robert. I never claimed I live by populism. Remember I, like so many on this forum, are former catholics.""" "" I am independant and belong to no group."""" ""

Next you write, "During the past few years the catholic church has been in the """"news """", several times for bad news stories. Many of them right in america. """"" I follow them"""" " and wonder how so many things could go wrong"

Then you go on and on, and on and on....about news articles, and your finale is ..."watch the 6:00 oclock news tonight...)"

You ARE brainwashed!

Think about what G.K. Chesterton wrote and apply it to television as well

"Journalism is popular, but it is popular mainly as fiction. Life is one world, and life seen in the newspapers is another."

You follow the popular culture. You are one amongst the many that are brainwashed....And you chose it....

:)
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
And a "new age" is upon the world.
Embrace it!
Eh, couple of questions.. What sorta New Age is coming? I assume you believe something will happen on December 21?

And why do you think the Gospel of Thomas and Judas are legit? They don't seem at all like the Christ of Matthew and Mark...
Many scholars agree those gospels (Thomas and Judas) were written by impostors.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I know there are, so why do you reject them?
NASL

Because your beliefs are contrary to and outside my belief system.

Having read "some" Gnostic teachings, I reject them....That is to say that my knowledge and understanding, toward their end, do not coincide with good.

You are asking me to read all of Nietsche in order to really know and understand what he writes about....I have read a little and know that he and his writings do not coincide with good.

That is my choice.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh, couple of questions.. What sorta New Age is coming? I assume you believe something will happen on December 21?
A "new age" in thinking clearly.
- I'd like to speculate that it will be a downfall of religions, but I am too late, as that is already coming to fruition.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
And why do you think the Gospel of Thomas and Judas are legit?

Because of of the "God-inspired" men who wrote them.

Why not? Your ilk gets to claim certain men (less than six of the original Apostles" were inspired, because thier books were chosen for the canon.

I give creedance to the other 7 Apostles also, unlike you do.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't seem at all like the Christ of Matthew and Mark...
Try it this way, read the non-canonical, and then the canon. They are all connected in many ways.

Unfortunately, the words of the canon have been changed or like the Pastorals, concocted to disenvow the non-canon.

Men.....can't find not a single infallible one to justify the canon. Darn!
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Please list these "many scholars".

BTW - many scholars agree that "Paul" letters were forgeries as well - namely the Pastorals.

But you can't have that, huh?

Looks like you just walked into a conundrum.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

<quoted text>
A "new age" in thinking clearly.
- I'd like to speculate that it will be a downfall of religions, but I am too late, as that is already coming to fruition.
<quoted text>
Because of of the "God-inspired" men who wrote them.
Why not? Your ilk gets to claim certain men (less than six of the original Apostles" were inspired, because thier books were chosen for the canon.
I give creedance to the other 7 Apostles also, unlike you do.
<quoted text>
Try it this way, read the non-canonical, and then the canon. They are all connected in many ways.
Unfortunately, the words of the canon have been changed or like the Pastorals, concocted to disenvow the non-canon.
Men.....can't find not a single infallible one to justify the canon. Darn!
<quoted text>
Please list these "many scholars".
BTW - many scholars agree that "Paul" letters were forgeries as well - namely the Pastorals.
But you can't have that, huh?
Looks like you just walked into a conundrum.
Well, what makes YOU think Thomas and Jude were written by Thomas and Jude?
I think Matthew and Mark are legit, because the Church that Christ began validates it.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>He most certainly hated Essau now didn't he.
Hated is not correct in the sense you believe......

Look up....anthropopathism......stu dy this word...

One is "LOVED LESS" or "LOVE LESS"....
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Soon, you'll be seeing "priests" moving from the Vatican to the locales that need them. You may even see a bishop or cardinal take on the roles.
It's all part of the greater plan from "God".
You do believe "God" is just enough to close these churches in order for "His" religion to continue, right?
:o)
Catholic church has a great opportunity.

How many catholic homeless men are there living in refridgerator cardboard boxes in alley ways, just down the street from $3 million churches? Lots!

Take these homeless men, clean them up, run them through a crash theology course and make them priests.

The catholic church will be solving many social problems. Taking homeless men off the street, giving them employment, making it possible to drink wine while on duty, and boosting the number of priests that are needed.

WIN WIN WIN!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, what makes YOU think Thomas and Jude were written by Thomas and Jude?
Good questions.

It's the tone in Jesus' teachings - positive and forthright.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>I think Matthew and Mark are legit, because the Church that Christ began validates it.
GoMatt, like GoLuke, seems to be a re-write of Mark (and another source, "Q")

Many scholars agree.

"James Robinson once hinted that the all important clues to Q's existence might show up early in the document. I think Robinson was right. The remarkably high degree of verbatim agreement that shows up right at the beginning of Q is an important clue to the identity of the material as a whole. Here, as often elsewhere in Matthew and Luke, the agreement points to direct borrowing by Luke from Matthew, and not mediation via an unknown, hypothetical source."

http://ntweblog.blogspot.com/2007/11/mark-q-o...

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
And why do you think the Gospel of Thomas and Judas are legit? They don't seem at all like the Christ of Matthew and Mark...
I responded, but I wanted to tell you, that you are also off-topic.

Remember, this forum isn't about me.

Why do you think the RCC is the true church?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic church has a great opportunity.
How many catholic homeless men are there living in refridgerator cardboard boxes in alley ways, just down the street from $3 million churches? Lots!
Take these homeless men, clean them up, run them through a crash theology course and make them priests.
The catholic church will be solving many social problems. Taking homeless men off the street, giving them employment, making it possible to drink wine while on duty, and boosting the number of priests that are needed.
WIN WIN WIN!
Brilliance at its best!
- creating jobs
- helping to eliminate homelessness
- understanding people's needs

Who can ask for more when you have it all there!?

Wonderful suggestion.

Pope Benedict, are you listening?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hated is not correct in the sense you believe......
Look up....anthropopathism......stu dy this word...
One is "LOVED LESS" or "LOVE LESS"....
You must of not kept reading the continued reply.........lol
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael
You first write, you think for yourself..."Wrong again Robert. I never claimed I live by populism. Remember I, like so many on this forum, are former catholics.""" "" I am independant and belong to no group."""" ""
Next you write, "During the past few years the catholic church has been in the """"news """", several times for bad news stories. Many of them right in america. """"" I follow them"""" " and wonder how so many things could go wrong"
Then you go on and on, and on and on....about news articles, and your finale is ..."watch the 6:00 oclock news tonight...)"
You ARE brainwashed!
Think about what G.K. Chesterton wrote and apply it to television as well
"Journalism is popular, but it is popular mainly as fiction. Life is one world, and life seen in the newspapers is another."
You follow the popular culture. You are one amongst the many that are brainwashed....And you chose it....
:)
Robert says....

..brainwashed!

Michael says....

..(lol)Brainwashed!.. No my good friend Robert, that is what people say about religious people. You just had it backwards.

Its obvious people of faith can't stand being questioned. It all stems from growing up in the church. I remember I was there back in the day. They teach that. Religion class, never ask questions, wait until math or spelling and ask all the questions you like.........about math or spelling.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 391,841 - 391,860 of512,296
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••