Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
391,801 - 391,820 of 533,482 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't tell us what we believe Purgatory is.
Look at Purgatory as a process, instead of a place. You and I are going through that process as we speak. And it will continue after we die in order to cleanse ourselves. "Nothing unclean shall enter Heaven" Revelation 21:27
Purgatory might be minutes for some and days for others- although time as we understand it, ceases to exist after death.
You're not clean enough to automatically be in the presence of God in Heaven, 4gvn. But you are not bad enough for eternal separation in hell.
So now what? You think you are without blemish along with all the other born agains? I'm being serious.
BOLLOCKS.
'Purgatory' does NOT exist. JESUS completed HIS work. We don;t need any romanist crap about an imaginary place or state of 'purging', KNOWING Jesus did it ALL.
You're merely spouting romanist lies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd give you a 'heart', but apparently the icons upset 4BDN. I don't normally use them since they're so childish, but now that I know they get under his skin, I could learn to like them...a lot!
^^^^^^Which merely proves how hate-filled and childish you are, madam... You falsely claim to be a Christian, yet you go out of your way to annoy someone else.
Very telling about you, but what can we expect? You're a romanist...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Preston,
I like you, too, Preston...you know how I feel about you...zealous for the Lord....
When I speak the word "power," listen to these verses:
Matthew 3:11
11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more <<<<<powerful >>>>> than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with [[[[[the Holy Spirit and fire.]]]]]
***powerful - Holy Spirit and fire
Mark 1:6-7
7 And this was his message:“After me comes the one more <<<<<powerful >>>>> than I, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie.
8 I baptize you with water, but he will baptize you with [[[[[the Holy Spirit.”]]]]]
***powerful - Holy Spirit
Luke 3:16
16 John answered them all,“I baptize you with water. But one who is more <<<<<powerful >>>>> than I will come, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with [[[[[the Holy Spirit and fire.]]]]]
***powerful - Holy Spirit and fire
Luke 24:49
49 I am going to ~SEND~ you what my Father has ~PROMISED;~ but STAY in the city until you have been clothed with ~POWER~ from on high.”
***stay in the city - clothed with POWER from on high
Acts 1:2
2 until the day he was taken up to heaven,~~~~~after giving instructions through the Holy Spirit to the apostles he had chosen.~~~~~
***after giving instructions through the Holy Spirit - APOSTLES
Acts 1:4
4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command:“Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.
***COMMAND - DO NOT LEAVE - stay - gift my Father promised - power - SPEAK ABOUT
Acts 1:5
5 For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”
***few days - baptized with the Holy Spirit
Acts 1:8
8 But you ~WILL~ receive <<<<<POWER >>>>> when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
***will receive power - when the Holy Spirit comes on you
THIS IS WHAT THE APOSTLES WHERE WAITING FOR.....
Acts 2:1-4
1 When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place.
2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting.
3 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them.
4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.(POWER)
Acts 4:33
33 With great <<<<<power >>>>> the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all
***great POWER - apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus - WITNESSES - God's grace POWERFULLY at work IN THEM ALL
Acts 6:8
8 Now Stephen, a man full of God’s grace and <<<<<power,> >>>> [[[[[performed great wonders and signs among the people.]]]]]
***POWER - performed great WONDERS and SIGNS among the people
Acts 9:22
22 Yet Saul grew more and more <<<<<powerful >>>>> and baffled the Jews living in Damascus by proving that Jesus is the Messiah.
***Saul - more and more POWERFUL
A chosen few obtain this kind of 'POWER' from God...
Now, look at John the Baptist....
John 10:41
41 and many people came to him. They said,“Though John never performed a sign, all that John said about this man was true.”
***John NEVER performed a sign....
Just explaining myself concerning the word 'POWER' in which we DO NOT receive this kind of power at baptism today....
Nothing to argue about...discussing the Word of God...any time...
I pray people will make the connection....
Interesting....

Someone thinks that the Word of God is clueless...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The TRUTH needs to be repeated over and over and over again until THAT TRUTH begins to sink in to those of you bible only Protestants who are the "repeat story" the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11 defiant, rebellious and hostile----that is (of course) until--"he finally came to his senses"! There still may be hope for you "since you Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, and many others------ are still only half-way there!!!
YOUR problem is, you don't speak THE TRUTH. You speak the lies of romanism.
Your brainwashing is so clearly evident, it's pathetic.
And your arrogance speaks for itself, romanist.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this something that God/Jesus would say about His creation?
Hate is a mighty strong word.....
Does God hate us, 4GVN???
Hmmmmm.....
I thought it was SIN that God hates...
Man, I am on a roll with the clueless icons...lol....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, but are you gonna do it?
the first thing that God impresses on sinners like you is to Repent and sin no more.
no matter what you and your other fellers on this forum think,you aint right with God, and lying is still a sin
'sinners like YOU'.... hahaha!! Obviously you fail to recognize YOUR OWN SINS, pressie...
What a hypocrite.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
if we cant get some more interesting arguments going, I am going to pull out that "S" word again.
Are we supposed to shake in our booties now, pressie? It's blatantly obvious you are here for only one purpose: to argue. Sick, you are.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to all the people who lived before jesus died?
What happened to the billions of people who died after jesus, but never heard one word about him?
Can you imagine, 1 billion Chinese, standing at judgment day, "What?! No one told us!? We are damned to Hell because no one told us about jesus??! WTF?"
The Mayans, "Yeah, WTF?"
The Australian Aborigines, "Hey! Why didn't you tell us?"
jesus, "You did not know me in life, so I do not know you now?"
Chinese man, "Well, you're the f'cking god! You could have made the introductions, but no... you only wanted to tour a few towns in the Middle_East. Too cold in Peking for ya?"
Someday, you may see how silly your beliefs are.
Hebrews 9:15

15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

Why did Jesus give the "Great Commission?"

Why were disciples to be made of all nations?

Didn't God once overlook the ignorance of the Gentiles?

And, now, God demands repentance!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You avoid the questions, Why? Because to answer them would bring to light your stupidity! Be a Man! Face reality.
We are facing reality.....

You are either lost or saved....
dr fill

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
We are facing reality.....
You are either lost or saved....
If your lost that poor navigation.If your saved thats due to a great rescue crew.If you believe in the man made bible of unknown authors then your doomed.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to all the people who lived before jesus died?
What happened to the billions of people who died after jesus, but never heard one word about him?
Can you imagine, 1 billion Chinese, standing at judgment day, "What?! No one told us!? We are damned to Hell because no one told us about jesus??! WTF?"
The Mayans, "Yeah, WTF?"
The Australian Aborigines, "Hey! Why didn't you tell us?"
jesus, "You did not know me in life, so I do not know you now?"
Chinese man, "Well, you're the f'cking god! You could have made the introductions, but no... you only wanted to tour a few towns in the Middle_East. Too cold in Peking for ya?"
Someday, you may see how silly your beliefs are.
Romans 2:12

12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law.

People are lost due to their sins.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

dr fill wrote:
<quoted text>If your lost that poor navigation.If your saved thats due to a great rescue crew.If you believe in the man made bible of unknown authors then your doomed.
NOPE!!!

Lost = outside of Christ = still in sin

Saved = in Christ = sins are forgiven
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR problem is, you don't speak THE TRUTH. You speak the lies of romanism.
Your brainwashing is so clearly evident, it's pathetic.
And your arrogance speaks for itself, romanist.
The ONLY reason that you are on this forum is because of your own Protestant "insecurity" - with a hatefilled compulsion to attack the historically and biblically TRUE CHRISTIANS (who are Catholic) and their SALVATION and FAITH that is manifested in Jesus Christ, through and in his One True Catholic Church. "Proof positive" that people like you, Confrinting, Orville and other bible only (half-truth Christians)
"cannot exist" on your own beliefs without "spreading lies, heresy and false gossip against THE TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church. Heretics and false teachers have come and gone for over 2000 years YET--THE CHURCH HAS--AND WILL CONTINUE TO LIVE ON!!
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>05Dec12.....
.....while you oftenTimes quote the Old Testament to 'your' advantage as you are a hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist....why don'tCha readUP on the New Testament and STOP pestering posters with your assassinine questions.
In da case of da Chinks, dey deserved to suffer a little....as you do also.
Ps:.....You remain a schidt-for-brains.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Cool, we should stay on-topic.

What is the topic of this board?
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 2:12
12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law.
People are lost due to their sins.....
You are honest -- no mincing words.

For centuries, the RCC taught that there was no salvation outside the Church.

Then they changed and as usual, claimed that it was always taught thus.(Absurd but true.)

However, many offspring churches still teach about a bitter, small-minded god -- a god who judges people based on where they were born and the culture in which they were raised.

What a silly concept.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that I deny are false-judgmental-heretical-con demning anti-catholic Protestant preachers like you, who conveniently, insert the word Catholic (anywhere in the bible, wherever it "fits" into your hositlity and hate towards Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church
If YOU knew ANYTHING about the vengeance of God, you would "get down on your knees" and repent of the condemning and judgmental hypocricy against (any and all) other Christians (especially Catholics)........ You have "proven" to everyone of this forum that (condemning the faith of other Christians) is the "entire basis of your ministry!! You seem to think that "quoting a bunch of bible verses" makes you a Christian. You--Confrinting --are in for a "rude awakening" on judgment day---(a day of reconing- for those who "purposely" divide, separate, disunite and fracture the body of Christ and the body of Believers.(I Cor 1:10-13). Furthermore YOU CONFRINTING are NOT the finalojudge nor the blueprint for my Salvation in Christ (OR ANYONE ELSES)--I know the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the word of God------I listen to it, believe it, adhere to it, absorb it, and follow it, every day at Daily Mass, at home and at the Adoration Chapel--before the blessed Sacrament......... Furthermore, I not only know Gods "true interpretation" of His word----I KNOW JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF(every single day) as personal Lord and Savior!!----It is HE who helps me to "stomach, endure and put up with" heretical bible only Protestant preachers like you---through acts of confession and repentance, in attempting to "deal with" your blatant lies regarding my own personal faith, my Catholic doctrinal faith and listening to your "on-going" distorted anti-catholic hate and animosity that has "CORRUPTED your mind, heart and soul...... God help this bondage of hate that you display toward us Catholics (as brothers and sisters in Christ) and toward His One True Catholic Church. Thank God for your wife KAYMARIE--again---she is the "breath of fresh air" ----the ONLY true Christian in your family!!
HOJO says.....

..If YOU knew ANYTHING about the "VENGEANCE" of God, you would "get down on your knees" and repent of the condemning and judgmental hypocricy.

MICHAEL says....

.... I was thought, God was an all loving God.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>05Dec12.....
.....while you oftenTimes quote the Old Testament to 'your' advantage as you are a hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist....why don'tCha readUP on the New Testament and STOP pestering posters with your assassinine questions.
In da case of da Chinks, dey deserved to suffer a little....as you do also.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Bob Loblaws says......

...In da case of da Chinks, dey deserved to suffer a little....as you do also.

Forever and Ever love
BobLoblah

MICHAEL says.....

Thats it Bob!.....Don't hold back.... Tell it like it is!

You should be the spokesman, for all christians on this forum. Keep up the good work. They love you too!

UNBELIEVABLE!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Then they changed and as usual, claimed that it was always taught thus.(Absurd but true.)
However, many offspring churches still teach about a bitter, small-minded god -- a god who judges people based on where they were born and the culture in which they were raised.
What a silly concept.
FREE MIND says....

.....For centuries, the RCC taught that there was no salvation outside the Church.

Then they changed and as usual.

MICHAEL says....

...When the church changed their minds, immediately! so did 1 BILLION catholics. So much for Free Will....
Free Mind

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

On Topic.... Is the RCC really appointed and guided by God?

To this question, YES, the CURRENT and ONGOING child sex-abuse scandal is highly relevant.

In 1986... Big Brothers, Big Sisters ordered background checks for all employees and volunteers.

Later in 1986... Boys & Girls Clubs of America ordered background checks on all employees and volunteers.

In 2008... the Boy Scouts of America finally instituted backgrounds checks. The Scouts were roundly criticized (and rightfully so) for waiting so long. It was a bad decision.

In 2011... The Vatican published new guidelines on dealing with the clergy sexual abuse cases.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abu...

So the questions are...

1. Which institution(s) is most likely to be guided by God?

2. Which institution(s) is LEAST likely to be guided by God?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
What a silly concept.
You wrote:

This is because SOULS are at stake....

"Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul"?

You have a soul to save,(SPIRITUAL) as well as a life to live (PHYSICAL.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 47 min Gee-Tee 8,195
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 10 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 31
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 13 hr psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 19 hr ELIAS IBARRA 60
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••