Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,590)

Showing posts 391,781 - 391,800 of529,979
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
What can wash away our sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus!
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

SEE, I told ya they curse us without talking to them.

We'd be blessed <

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>

anti-catholic Protestant preachers

One True Catholic Church

(especially Catholics)

my Catholic doctrinal faith

One True Catholic Church.

Good grief! ALL this time, and you still have never managed to say anything new or worthwhile...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Robert! You are so right. We are to fully participate in the Mass, we are to *pray* the Mass. It is the highest prayer we can offer. Sometimes I'm distracted with the stuff of life, worries and so forth, but the best and most fruitful masses are those in which I'm fully present. I love when I see someone with their hands together, pointing straight up to heaven for the entire Mass. It's so intimate, so inspiring. I think God puts those angels in our midst as an example. To be so deep into the Liturgy is such a joy. Thank you.
Go in peace to love and serve the Lord, and one another.
A blessed Advent season to you and yours!
Regina--Gods love to you and thank you for your Catholic faith and your comments, nurtured in Jesus Christ. As a brother/sister IN Christ, I would ask you to please keep me in your prayers during this season of Advent. It has been all that "I have been able to "stomach and endure" in attempting to keep patience, charity, benevolence and serving Christ in HIS love when dealing with "bible only Protestants" who beligerently and purposely attack, not only Our Catholic Faith, but our faith in Jesus Christ and Our Lord HIMSELF. Fortunately---the saving Grace of the Catholic Church (for me) has, is and will continue to be confession!!..Thanks again and a blessed, peaceful time of preparation during this season of Advent to you and your family!!
hojo
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief! ALL this time, and you still have never managed to say anything new or worthwhile...
The TRUTH needs to be repeated over and over and over again until THAT TRUTH begins to sink in to those of you bible only Protestants who are the "repeat story" the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11 defiant, rebellious and hostile----that is (of course) until--"he finally came to his senses"! There still may be hope for you "since you Confrinting, Orville, 4GVN, and many others------ are still only half-way there!!!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
TheBlackSheep.....
No one in the ENTIRE MEDITERANEAN past and present, outside of a handful of agenda driven christian ONLY writers ever mentions a miracle man named Jesus. I wonder why???
05Decc12.....

.....LIAR.....

The WHOLE of the Mediterranean knows about Jesus Christ.

Ps:....you 'sickel' breath have Never been to da Mediterranean or else you would know how to spell it correctly.

You are fulla schidt to the eyeballs....

....and den sum toooooo.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right, Sister.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
So you are on this forum to discuss the four corners of the round table
RIGHT...
To talk about something that you know nothing about
and claim you don't believe in.
I to you ..GOD DOES NOT EXIST...WHO ARE YOU SHADOW BOXING WITH???
You always attack when you fail to have an answer.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
There's more than just a verse or two, and also Sacred Tradition which describes the Mass from the earliest days of Christianity. Don't forget, we're not 'bible alone', however, it is biblical.
What makes you think the younger generation doesn't like Latin? I've always loved the Latin Mass, and there are many Catholics (young Catholics) who prefer it.
Why are so many churches going away from Latin masses? To rid yourself of 'Sacred Traditions', you must have a very good reason. Do you still only eat fish on Fridays?
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>Why do anti-Catholic Christians always throw down the money card whenever they don't know the real reason behind something? And what, may I ask, is wrong with money? The Church needs it just the way everybody else does. How do you think the electric bill gets paid
Philadelphia trial revives Catholic Church sex-abuse crisis
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/religion/...

Nothing is wrong with paying the electric bill, but after reading the above article, do you believe that the church has done right by its victims?

It was not just the priests abusing the children, it was also the priests, bishops and cardinals who covered up and are still covering up the crimes.

I am looking for the article where the catholic church is trying to get out of paying the victims, claiming that they cannot sell buildings that the church does not own. They claim that the people own the builds, not the church. Then the church turns around and buys the crystal cathedral for $58 million!?!?
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>Purgatory is still a doctrine of the Church. It's not an "invention" and hasn't been "gotten rid of". You need to find out what Catholicism actually teaches and why. You're denouncing something that you know nothing about. Disagree with it, if you must. But it's pretty obvious you've gotten hold of some erroneous information. It's like my basing a dislike of apples on the orange I've just eaten.
purgatory has its roots much deeper than the catholic church. Much older than any christian.

Couldn't you pray people out of purgatory? Didn't the church take money to help move loved one out of purgatory?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to all the people who lived before jesus died?

What happened to the billions of people who died after jesus, but never heard one word about him?

Can you imagine, 1 billion Chinese, standing at judgment day, "What?! No one told us!? We are damned to Hell because no one told us about jesus??! WTF?"

The Mayans, "Yeah, WTF?"

The Australian Aborigines, "Hey! Why didn't you tell us?"

jesus, "You did not know me in life, so I do not know you now?"

Chinese man, "Well, you're the f'cking god! You could have made the introductions, but no... you only wanted to tour a few towns in the Middle_East. Too cold in Peking for ya?"

Someday, you may see how silly your beliefs are.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to all the people who lived before jesus died?
What happened to the billions of people who died after jesus, but never heard one word about him?
Can you imagine, 1 billion Chinese, standing at judgment day, "What?! No one told us!? We are damned to Hell because no one told us about jesus??! WTF?"
The Mayans, "Yeah, WTF?"
The Australian Aborigines, "Hey! Why didn't you tell us?"
jesus, "You did not know me in life, so I do not know you now?"
Chinese man, "Well, you're the f'cking god! You could have made the introductions, but no... you only wanted to tour a few towns in the Middle_East. Too cold in Peking for ya?"
Someday, you may see how silly your beliefs are.
Someday you'll wish you had listened. You have been told about Him.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

When Jesus died on the cross,He said,"IT IS FINISHED." (John 19:30) Jesus COMPLETED the work of redemption at the cross. No puratory is needed for those who trust in Christ. First John 1:7 declares, "The blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from ALL SIN", Romans8:1 says,"
there is NOW no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." We are cleansed NOT by the "fire of purgatory", but by the blood of Jesus(Hebrews 9:14). Jesus"Himself is the propitiation for our sins"(1John 2:2). It is through Jesus' work on the cross that we are made righteous (2 Cor. 5:21). The apostle Paul spoke of himself as "not having a righteous of his own, derived from the Law, but that which is through FAITH in Christ, the righteousnes which comes from God on the basis of faith." (Philippians 3:9). It is through the wonderful work of Christ on the cross that believers are "blamesell", and hence they have no need of an imagined purgatory(Jude 1:24).
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

By one offering He has (perfected for all time) those who are sanctfied".(Heb. 10:14)
No further purging is neccessary because Christ has perfected 'for all time' those who have believed in Him.
THAT WHICH IS ALREADY PERFECT "FOR ALL TIME" NEEDS NO FURTHER PURGING.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Someday you'll wish you had listened. You have been told about Him.
You avoid the questions, Why? Because to answer them would bring to light your stupidity! Be a Man! Face reality.
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="7th Day Catholics Rock" He most certainly hated Essau now didn't he.
We have to study the language of the Bible to understand. English can't always express the exact meaning. When Jesus mentioned 'hating' one's family for His sake, the word 'hate' meant to 'love less'.
KayMarie
Yeppers like with Persy putting his self and charfacter above the nature of the creator......lol........I continued the post but thanks any way.
Loren Eberly

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Fiscal Cliff and Budget:

The majority of Us the Government of this Representative Republic that vote and the nonvoters that sit on their dead hands and whine; Successfully reelected Obnoxious President, Governor, Representatives of US the Government, County Commissioners, Township Trustees, Mayors, City Council, School Administrators and Board Members.

That defies demands of Natural Law: what Mother Nature, God, or Whatever Power decreed to be the reality of the real world, democracy, capitalism, the US Constitution, and free, fair, and affordable commerce and common sense demands.

Demanding every Stockholder, corporation, farmer, business, outsourcer sweatshop, and nonprofit, tax-exempt, organization and Church; markets the cost in the wholesale and retail price of his or her product and service of paying all taxes White House and Congress levies on them. And workers, consumers, and taxpayer are paying all taxes. With money derived from wages (union contract), healthcare, pension, investment and independent business profit.

Workers, consumers, and taxpayers also pay property tax on state appraised value of their American Dream to fund schools. Pay bank interest on purchase price of American Dream for 30 years. Pay interest on lottery winners winnings Legislators invest in school bonds, Pay for all stimulus packages, tax abatements, tax incentives, tax refunds, tax credit, and tax exemptions.

Pay sales tax on the more stock dividends (money) OPEC Nations, Enron Stockholders, Wal-Mart Stockholders, Hillarys, Chinese, Foreign and Domestic Investors and Stockholders (money marketers) market quarterly. In the wholesale and retail price of every product and service Human Beings use for life. And School Boards and Government needs to build, maintain and operate schools, infrastructure, and provide local and national security, and Government services. That gets only product or service.

Needed to measure and maintain the strength and growth of this UNAFFORDABLE economy and distribute money Human Beings cannot digest, burn in internal combustion engines, or burn to heat and cool their American Dream. Into OPEC Nations, Enron Stockholders, Wal-Mart Stockholders, Hillarys, Chinese, Foreign and Domestic Investors and Stockholders portfolios.

President, the Justices they appoint and Congress purging all laws of segregation, discrimination, extortion, and fraud. And holding every worker, consumer, and taxpayer accountable to get an agreement (union contract) with every Stockholder, corporation, farmer, business, outsourcer sweatshop, and nonprofit, tax-exempt, organization and Church agreeing; to market the cost in the wholesale and retail price of his or her product and service; of workers, consumers and taxpayers paying all taxes; and paying for every product and service they use for life. With money derived from wages (union contract), investment and independent business profit.

Would enable President and Congress to evade fiscal cliff and balance every budget.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
What happened to all the people who lived before jesus died? What happened to the billions of people who died after jesus, but never heard one word about him? Can you imagine, 1 billion Chinese, standing at judgment day, "What?! No one told us!? We are damned to Hell because no one told us about jesus??! WTF?" The Mayans, "Yeah, WTF?" The Australian Aborigines, "Hey! Why didn't you tell us?" jesus, "You did not know me in life, so I do not know you now?" Chinese man, "Well, you're the f'cking god! You could have made the introductions, but no... you only wanted to tour a few towns in the Middle_East. Too cold in Peking for ya?" Someday, you may see how silly your beliefs are.
05Dec12.....

.....while you oftenTimes quote the Old Testament to 'your' advantage as you are a hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist....why don'tCha readUP on the New Testament and STOP pestering posters with your assassinine questions.

In da case of da Chinks, dey deserved to suffer a little....as you do also.

Ps:.....You remain a schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So you believe that PURGATORY os a place where you can go to pay your own sin debt by your own suffering. If only God had known about that, He could have spared His only Son.
Please don't tell us what we believe Purgatory is.

Look at Purgatory as a process, instead of a place. You and I are going through that process as we speak. And it will continue after we die in order to cleanse ourselves. "Nothing unclean shall enter Heaven" Revelation 21:27
Purgatory might be minutes for some and days for others- although time as we understand it, ceases to exist after death.

You're not clean enough to automatically be in the presence of God in Heaven, 4gvn. But you are not bad enough for eternal separation in hell.
So now what? You think you are without blemish along with all the other born agains? I'm being serious.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

7th Day Catholics Rock wrote:
<quoted text>You must of not kept reading the continued reply.........lol
Can't catch all of them....too many....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Truth.Praise Christ!!!
AMEN!!!

Keep building your strength up....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 391,781 - 391,800 of529,979
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••