Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,588)

Showing posts 391,741 - 391,760 of530,344
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh, couple of questions.. What sorta New Age is coming? I assume you believe something will happen on December 21?
And why do you think the Gospel of Thomas and Judas are legit? They don't seem at all like the Christ of Matthew and Mark...
Many scholars agree those gospels (Thomas and Judas) were written by impostors.
I responded, but I wanted to tell you, that you are also off-topic.

Remember, this forum isn't about me.

Why do you think the RCC is the true church?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic church has a great opportunity.
How many catholic homeless men are there living in refridgerator cardboard boxes in alley ways, just down the street from $3 million churches? Lots!
Take these homeless men, clean them up, run them through a crash theology course and make them priests.
The catholic church will be solving many social problems. Taking homeless men off the street, giving them employment, making it possible to drink wine while on duty, and boosting the number of priests that are needed.
WIN WIN WIN!
Brilliance at its best!
- creating jobs
- helping to eliminate homelessness
- understanding people's needs

Who can ask for more when you have it all there!?

Wonderful suggestion.

Pope Benedict, are you listening?
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hated is not correct in the sense you believe......
Look up....anthropopathism......stu dy this word...
One is "LOVED LESS" or "LOVE LESS"....
You must of not kept reading the continued reply.........lol
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael
You first write, you think for yourself..."Wrong again Robert. I never claimed I live by populism. Remember I, like so many on this forum, are former catholics.""" "" I am independant and belong to no group."""" ""
Next you write, "During the past few years the catholic church has been in the """"news """", several times for bad news stories. Many of them right in america. """"" I follow them"""" " and wonder how so many things could go wrong"
Then you go on and on, and on and on....about news articles, and your finale is ..."watch the 6:00 oclock news tonight...)"
You ARE brainwashed!
Think about what G.K. Chesterton wrote and apply it to television as well
"Journalism is popular, but it is popular mainly as fiction. Life is one world, and life seen in the newspapers is another."
You follow the popular culture. You are one amongst the many that are brainwashed....And you chose it....
:)
Robert says....

..brainwashed!

Michael says....

..(lol)Brainwashed!.. No my good friend Robert, that is what people say about religious people. You just had it backwards.

Its obvious people of faith can't stand being questioned. It all stems from growing up in the church. I remember I was there back in the day. They teach that. Religion class, never ask questions, wait until math or spelling and ask all the questions you like.........about math or spelling.

LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

This seems to be the theme for today, no matter what I read,
I believe God is trying to tell me something.

Not by Might nor by Power”
December 3, 2012
My speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power ...—1 Corinthians 2:4

If in preaching the gospel you substitute your knowledge of the way of salvation for confidence in the power of the gospel, you hinder people from getting to reality. Take care to see while you proclaim your knowledge of the way of salvation, that you yourself are rooted and grounded by faith in God. Never rely on the clearness of your presentation, but as you give your explanation make sure that you are relying on the Holy Spirit. Rely on the certainty of God’s redemptive power, and He will create His own life in people.

Once you are rooted in reality, nothing can shake you. If your faith is in experiences, anything that happens is likely to upset that faith. But nothing can ever change God or the reality of redemption. Base your faith on that, and you are as eternally secure as God Himself. Once you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, you will never be moved again. That is the meaning of sanctification. God disapproves of our human efforts to cling to the concept that sanctification is merely an experience, while forgetting that even our sanctification must also be sanctified (see John 17:19). I must deliberately give my sanctified life to God for His service, so that He can use me as His hands and His feet.

Wisdom from Oswald Chambers
We can understand the attributes of God in other ways, but we can only understand the Father’s heart in the Cross of Christ. The Highest Good—Thy Great Redemption,
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliance at its best!
- creating jobs
- helping to eliminate homelessness
- understanding people's needs
Who can ask for more when you have it all there!?
Wonderful suggestion.
Pope Benedict, are you listening?
The pope will read the plan, say to himself its a good plan, put the plan into operation, he will tell everyone it was his idea, and catholics around the world will rejoice and will also say what a great idea!

If I suggested this plan to catholics, I would get plenty of NEGATIVE SOUR FACED JUDGEES.

I just can't win!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope will read the plan, say to himself its a good plan, put the plan into operation, he will tell everyone it was his idea, and catholics around the world will rejoice and will also say what a great idea!
If I suggested this plan to catholics, I would get plenty of NEGATIVE SOUR FACED JUDGEES.
I just can't win!
It is a good plan. I if it ever did come to pass, you will be right at the top of ownership in my book!

Best regards!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!!!
A great wife IS a BLESSING from God...
Praying that our Lord will restore your health, Herme....
Blessings!
Thanks Truth.Praise Christ!!!
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear sock puppet, thank you for the worthless links. It shows that people, in order to control others, can make anything out of nothing!
Hello, BS. I see Fun Facts answered your post to me. I meant to reply last night but was tired and went to bed early. Btw, I don't think he's a sock puppet. I would also link to the Catechism which does a nice job of explaining as well, but have a feeling your response would be the same.

As to the rest of your questions, from what I can remember of them...yes, the Mass used to be in Latin. There are still Masses celebrated entirely in Latin, and some parishes use a mix of the vernacular and Latin, especially during certain liturgical seasons, although the Kyrie is in Greek and "Amen" is actually Aramaic. Yes, I do understand it, although I'm a bit rusty on some parts these days.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

who="7th Day Catholics Rock" He most certainly hated Essau now didn't he.

We have to study the language of the Bible to understand. English can't always express the exact meaning. When Jesus mentioned 'hating' one's family for His sake, the word 'hate' meant to 'love less'.

KayMarie
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I responded, but I wanted to tell you, that you are also off-topic.
Remember, this forum isn't about me.
Why do you think the RCC is the true church?
Well you're on this forum.. And you're making your case on 'new age' ism.

Nevermind the title of the this thread, its an open forum now.
But
Why do I think the "RCC is the true Church"?

I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God. God Himself made manifest. I believe He set up an actual Church. Not a body of various believers with no set doctrine...but an actual Church with one faith.
Therefore, whatever Church was there from the beginning, would have to be divinely guided. Because Jesus is divine. All other scenarios do not make since when considering who Christ was/is.

Now there are other reasons why I believe the Catholic Church to be who they say they are.
The Eucharist - which I have the privilege of partaking in is one.
The history of the Church and how its withstood circumstances that normally would have toppled any other institution is another.
If Christ, being who He is, started an actual Church, then I wanna be a part of it. No one can argue that theirs rightfully should be called 'His Church' except the Catholic Church.(Orthodox have a great argument too, but we are much the same and its another story) all others came along way too late in Christianity to claim to be valid.
He didn't establish a secret hidden church.

Why is New Age considered the correct deposit of faith.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
Let me try to help you with your ignorance.
<quoted text>
For the most part, Atheists to not deny that there is a god or gods. Atheists see no proof of a god or gods. Faith is a belief without proof and Atheists do not suffer from such nonsense.
<quoted text>
As do all believes. You know how many nasty, unjust laws your god came up with? A rape victim must marry her rapist! A father must kill his daughter, if she is not a virgin on her wedding night! None of you follow those laws, even though jesus himself demanded that you do!
<quoted text>
Do you remember the sabbath and keep it holy? No. You do not follow this very basic commandment. Most christians 'worship' on Sunday, the 1st day of the week. Many christians work on Saturday, whether it is cooking, cleaning, or going to a job.
You only follow what you like and damn others for not doing so. Which in its self is against your god.
Notice the log in your own eye before the spec in another's...
~~~

So you are on this forum to discuss the four corners of the round table

RIGHT...

To talk about something that you know nothing about

and claim you don't believe in.

I to you ..GOD DOES NOT EXIST...WHO ARE YOU SHADOW BOXING WITH???
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
Ignatius of Antioch
Born: c. 35 AD(maybe as late as 50)
Died: c. 110 AD(during the reign of Trajan)-117 AD
The RCC does not believe in the myth that Ignatius was one of the children touched by Jesus....Rather, that he rather late in his life had a conversion....
A rather fair and balanced approach to him is in this article
http://www.nndb.com/people/718/000094436/
I think the main point is the genuineness of the Vossian Epistles, which everyone thinks are true(the 7 Epistles), supported by Polycarp and Eusebius....It is in Section V
In the same article, the last paragraph is particularly important....(although the whole article is interesting....)
yes, I admit that teh article was vey intersting and i picked up on several itesm that were of great inteest to me, how about You?

first;The only shred of extra information which he gives us is the statement that Ignatius "was the second successor of Peter in the bishopric of Antioch."

when you google his name, it shows that he was teh third Bishop of Antioch, di you see that?

also something is strange with this from that article. and please comment or anyone else.

The Latin form, of which there are thirteen extant manuscripts, omits the letter of Mary of Cassobola, but adds to the list the Laus Heronis, two Epistles to the apostle John,{one to the Virgin Mary and one from Mary to Ignatius}.

now, and please correct me if I am wrong. it was believed that Mary dies in 54 AD, and I was under the impression that these Epistles wer written while he was imprisoned and on his way to rome, which would place that time around 50 years after Mary was deceased.

In 54 AD, Mary the mother of Jesus died and was buried, and so John fulfilled his duty of caring for her until the very end. It was said that when they opened the tomb her body was gone. Catholic tradition says she rose from the dead and ascended into Heaven with both body and soul intact in what is called the Assumption of Mary,[21] however others say her body was taken away lest it become an idol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_the_Apostle

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, BS. I see Fun Facts answered your post to me. I meant to reply last night but was tired and went to bed early. Btw, I don't think he's a sock puppet. I would also link to the Catechism which does a nice job of explaining as well, but have a feeling your response would be the same.
As to the rest of your questions, from what I can remember of them...yes, the Mass used to be in Latin. There are still Masses celebrated entirely in Latin, and some parishes use a mix of the vernacular and Latin, especially during certain liturgical seasons, although the Kyrie is in Greek and "Amen" is actually Aramaic. Yes, I do understand it, although I'm a bit rusty on some parts these days.
First, I believe he/she is a sock.

Second, yes my answer would be the same. Every group takes a verse or two, or even a part of a verse and created their own little version of belief. And they all believe that god guided them to their beliefs.

Third, mass changes to appease the money. The younger generation does not like Latin, so the stop going to mass. They didn't agree with the invention purgatory, so the leadership got rid of it.

Just like Walmart, the church will do what it needs to keep the money coming in.
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

LTM wrote:
This seems to be the theme for today, no matter what I read,
I believe God is trying to tell me something.
yeah, but are you gonna do it?

the first thing that God impresses on sinners like you is to Repent and sin no more.

no matter what you and your other fellers on this forum think,you aint right with God, and lying is still a sin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

who="root66" When i read stories like this i thank god i am Atheist

:):):) Did you get THAT ONE?:)

KM
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

. Ignatius constantly contends for the recognition of the authority of the ministers of the church. "Do nothing", he writes to the Magnesians, "without the bishop and the presbyters." The "three orders" are essential to the church, without them no church is worthy of the name (cf. Trall. 3). "It is not lawful apart from the bishop either to baptize or to hold a love-feast" (Smyrn. 8). Respect is due to the bishop as to God, to the presbyters as the council of God and the college of apostles, to the deacons as to Jesus Christ (Trall. 3). These terms must not, of course, be taken in their developed modern sense. The "bishop" of Ignatius seems to represent the modern pastor of a church.

if number 3 is correct, then we can place no credence in any form that Peter himself ordained ignatius, since that office is one that the chruch itself is involved in, by calling themselves a Pastor.

friends it cant be both ways, if the office of a bishop needed to have an Apostle lay hands on him, then it is more than a Pastorate,

if it is less, then peter was never involved, for what ever reason

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible says "absolutely nothing" about the negativity, heresy or lies that you are spreading about Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church......ONLY WHAT YOU."MAKE UP" ON YOUR OWN!!... ANYONE can see that "everytime" you make a "derogatory comment" and list a bunch of (unrelated) bible verses that you continue to reach the depths "of new lows" in your "condemning and judgmental" heretical ministry. You also have become an "expert fraud" in inserting the word "Catholic" ---any place in the bible----wherever and whenever it supports and fits into your "vengence and hatred" for Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church..... You, Confrinting are the most condemning, judgmental and deceitful (half-truth) Christian that I have ever had the "displeasure" of meeting! Take a lesson "example" from your wife KayMarie! As I have told you before, "she is the only TRUE Christian in your family.
~~~

YOU DON'T KNOW ANY THING ABOUT THE SEVERITY AND VENGEANCE OF GOD..

and believe Him to be wishy washy such as your religious system is...

Rom_11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

~~~

Evidently you (because you deny and are ignorant of His word.) believe the the Blood of Jesus is cheep and of no consequence...

You devalue it .... have replaced his blood (which cleanses from all sin.) with cheap religious rituals works and rhetoric..rosary pomp pride and corruption...icons statues and idols...made of plaster plastic, and ceramics.

God even forbade an altar to be touched with a hammer in the old testament

Exo 20:23 Ye shall not make with me gods of silver, neither shall ye make unto you gods of gold.

Exo 20:24 An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.

Exo 20:25 And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it.

Exo 20:26 Neither shalt thou go up by steps unto mine altar, that thy nakedness be not discovered thereon.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you're on this forum.. And you're making your case on 'new age' ism.
Nevermind the title of the this thread, its an open forum now.
But
Why do I think the "RCC is the true Church"?
I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God. God Himself made manifest. I believe He set up an actual Church. Not a body of various believers with no set doctrine...but an actual Church with one faith.
Therefore, whatever Church was there from the beginning, would have to be divinely guided. Because Jesus is divine. All other scenarios do not make since when considering who Christ was/is.
Now there are other reasons why I believe the Catholic Church to be who they say they are.
The Eucharist - which I have the privilege of partaking in is one.
The history of the Church and how its withstood circumstances that normally would have toppled any other institution is another.
If Christ, being who He is, started an actual Church, then I wanna be a part of it. No one can argue that theirs rightfully should be called 'His Church' except the Catholic Church.(Orthodox have a great argument too, but we are much the same and its another story) all others came along way too late in Christianity to claim to be valid.
He didn't establish a secret hidden church.
Why is New Age considered the correct deposit of faith.
Thanks for being honest in your belief.

First and foremost, "deposit of faith" is a action of one - through a mental change of sorts. If one is to put any action it is of our minds that this action is initiated, so we are actually saying that "we" (also I, you, us, me, he, she, etc, etc) "deposit faith" because we choose to.

So if I were "deposit" any "faith", it would be "faith" [belief/Self] in Jesus' words of "to know yourself is to know the kingdom of Good."
- very profound if one really dwells in "solving these mysterious words". It really takes a pondering of one's inner Self to determine how it is achieved.

Anyhow, now that is clarified in all respects of religion, the question was, "Why is New Age considered the correct deposit of faith?"
- good question.
- I don't believe that. Like others' have stated, "New Age" is undefined, whereas, my belief is defined, by my 'Self', its actions toward others, and how I live in this world.
- Remember, it's between "God" and I, huh? You really don't have any choice in this one Clay, huh?
- Maybe this type of question is more pertinent.....Do I think there is a "New Age" philosophy that exists, that should be a type of belief one should have and live by?
+ Sure I do. I think its a liberating experience to know that I have know specific bindings of a "religion" to get me through life.
+ I don't require any ritual of "self-gratification" to know that I am only human, I will make dumb mistakes, and learn from them, and I will do what I can when I know of another person who is down and out. I respect the deity, if there is an ultimate Creator, and if I have to answer to this being, I will be able to answer for my life.

Self.
4GVN

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

It goes way beyond illogical to believe that Jesus(the greatest teacher who ever lived) spent 3 and a half years with his disciples and taught them all about spiritual matters and about heaven and about hell. And taught them what a man must do to be saved and go to heaven that Jesus prepared for them. But somehow 'forgot' to mention a place as important as purgatory which is the only way that a sinful man can attain heaven. Scripture, nor any of the apostles tell us of this place. No one has ever been to this place and come back to tell us about it. But we are supposed to believe that it is real, and only the Catholics know about it.:{

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 391,741 - 391,760 of530,344
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••