Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665489 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#406788 Dec 4, 2012
JUST-A-CHRISTIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR problem is, you don't speak THE TRUTH. You speak the lies of romanism.
Your brainwashing is so clearly evident, it's pathetic.
And your arrogance speaks for itself, romanist.
The ONLY reason that you are on this forum is because of your own Protestant "insecurity" - with a hatefilled compulsion to attack the historically and biblically TRUE CHRISTIANS (who are Catholic) and their SALVATION and FAITH that is manifested in Jesus Christ, through and in his One True Catholic Church. "Proof positive" that people like you, Confrinting, Orville and other bible only (half-truth Christians)
"cannot exist" on your own beliefs without "spreading lies, heresy and false gossip against THE TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church. Heretics and false teachers have come and gone for over 2000 years YET--THE CHURCH HAS--AND WILL CONTINUE TO LIVE ON!!
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#406789 Dec 4, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>05Dec12.....
.....while you oftenTimes quote the Old Testament to 'your' advantage as you are a hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist....why don'tCha readUP on the New Testament and STOP pestering posters with your assassinine questions.
In da case of da Chinks, dey deserved to suffer a little....as you do also.
Ps:.....You remain a schidt-for-brains.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Cool, we should stay on-topic.

What is the topic of this board?
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#406790 Dec 4, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 2:12
12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law.
People are lost due to their sins.....
You are honest -- no mincing words.

For centuries, the RCC taught that there was no salvation outside the Church.

Then they changed and as usual, claimed that it was always taught thus.(Absurd but true.)

However, many offspring churches still teach about a bitter, small-minded god -- a god who judges people based on where they were born and the culture in which they were raised.

What a silly concept.
Michael

Canada

#406791 Dec 4, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that I deny are false-judgmental-heretical-con demning anti-catholic Protestant preachers like you, who conveniently, insert the word Catholic (anywhere in the bible, wherever it "fits" into your hositlity and hate towards Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church
If YOU knew ANYTHING about the vengeance of God, you would "get down on your knees" and repent of the condemning and judgmental hypocricy against (any and all) other Christians (especially Catholics)........ You have "proven" to everyone of this forum that (condemning the faith of other Christians) is the "entire basis of your ministry!! You seem to think that "quoting a bunch of bible verses" makes you a Christian. You--Confrinting --are in for a "rude awakening" on judgment day---(a day of reconing- for those who "purposely" divide, separate, disunite and fracture the body of Christ and the body of Believers.(I Cor 1:10-13). Furthermore YOU CONFRINTING are NOT the finalojudge nor the blueprint for my Salvation in Christ (OR ANYONE ELSES)--I know the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the word of God------I listen to it, believe it, adhere to it, absorb it, and follow it, every day at Daily Mass, at home and at the Adoration Chapel--before the blessed Sacrament......... Furthermore, I not only know Gods "true interpretation" of His word----I KNOW JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF(every single day) as personal Lord and Savior!!----It is HE who helps me to "stomach, endure and put up with" heretical bible only Protestant preachers like you---through acts of confession and repentance, in attempting to "deal with" your blatant lies regarding my own personal faith, my Catholic doctrinal faith and listening to your "on-going" distorted anti-catholic hate and animosity that has "CORRUPTED your mind, heart and soul...... God help this bondage of hate that you display toward us Catholics (as brothers and sisters in Christ) and toward His One True Catholic Church. Thank God for your wife KAYMARIE--again---she is the "breath of fresh air" ----the ONLY true Christian in your family!!
HOJO says.....

..If YOU knew ANYTHING about the "VENGEANCE" of God, you would "get down on your knees" and repent of the condemning and judgmental hypocricy.

MICHAEL says....

.... I was thought, God was an all loving God.

Michael

Canada

#406792 Dec 4, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>05Dec12.....
.....while you oftenTimes quote the Old Testament to 'your' advantage as you are a hateful, hypocritical, hAtheist....why don'tCha readUP on the New Testament and STOP pestering posters with your assassinine questions.
In da case of da Chinks, dey deserved to suffer a little....as you do also.
Ps:.....You remain a schidt-for-brains.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Bob Loblaws says......

...In da case of da Chinks, dey deserved to suffer a little....as you do also.

Ps:.....You remain a schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever love
BobLoblah

MICHAEL says.....

Thats it Bob!.....Don't hold back.... Tell it like it is!

You should be the spokesman, for all christians on this forum. Keep up the good work. They love you too!

UNBELIEVABLE!
Michael

Canada

#406793 Dec 4, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
You are honest -- no mincing words.
For centuries, the RCC taught that there was no salvation outside the Church.
Then they changed and as usual, claimed that it was always taught thus.(Absurd but true.)
However, many offspring churches still teach about a bitter, small-minded god -- a god who judges people based on where they were born and the culture in which they were raised.
What a silly concept.
FREE MIND says....

.....For centuries, the RCC taught that there was no salvation outside the Church.

Then they changed and as usual.

MICHAEL says....

...When the church changed their minds, immediately! so did 1 BILLION catholics. So much for Free Will....
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#406794 Dec 4, 2012
On Topic.... Is the RCC really appointed and guided by God?

To this question, YES, the CURRENT and ONGOING child sex-abuse scandal is highly relevant.

In 1986... Big Brothers, Big Sisters ordered background checks for all employees and volunteers.

Later in 1986... Boys & Girls Clubs of America ordered background checks on all employees and volunteers.

In 2008... the Boy Scouts of America finally instituted backgrounds checks. The Scouts were roundly criticized (and rightfully so) for waiting so long. It was a bad decision.

In 2011... The Vatican published new guidelines on dealing with the clergy sexual abuse cases.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abu...

So the questions are...

1. Which institution(s) is most likely to be guided by God?

2. Which institution(s) is LEAST likely to be guided by God?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#406795 Dec 4, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
You are honest -- no mincing words.
For centuries, the RCC taught that there was no salvation outside the Church.
Then they changed and as usual, claimed that it was always taught thus.(Absurd but true.)
However, many offspring churches still teach about a bitter, small-minded god -- a god who judges people based on where they were born and the culture in which they were raised.
What a silly concept.
You wrote:

You are honest -- no mincing words.

This is because SOULS are at stake....

"Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul"?

You have a soul to save,(SPIRITUAL) as well as a life to live (PHYSICAL.)
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#406796 Dec 4, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
You are honest -- no mincing words.
This is because SOULS are at stake....
"Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul"?
You have a soul to save,(SPIRITUAL) as well as a life to live (PHYSICAL.)
Thank you for your concern.

However, shouldn't my spiritual life be between myself and God?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#406797 Dec 4, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>Reggie never said that it was.
you read about like LTM, what you think she says IS NOT WHAT SHE SAID.
~~~
I say it again...

JESUS DID NOT TEACH PURGATORY..

HE SAID...

Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and

-->he that believeth not the Son

shall not see life;

but the wrath of God abideth on him. <--
Michael

Canada

#406798 Dec 4, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you why. A hundred times...
People don't have time for the Catholic Church.
Things as pretty good the last 50 yrs in America and Europe. Folks have replaced God with other things. OR they simply designed their own god in 41,000 + protestant sects. Christianity buffet. You take a litter here, accept a litter there, and then you can feel comfortable outside the Church.
It will take a plague or famine (sadly) then the Church will boom in Europe and North America. Wanna bet?
People are so attached to this Earth right now, because for the first time in the history of the world, folks like you and I can enjoy things that previously, were only attainable by the elite. Nice cars, jewelry, lake homes and money. Culturally...promiscuity, recreational sex and pride have replaced religion.
Michael, THIS is why people are leaving God and the Catholic Church.
But do not underestimate the Holy Spirit. There will be Priest there will be Catholics. Always. God won't stop calling people because Michael enjoys his life to much and doesn't need God anymore.
Clay says.....

People don't have time for the Catholic Church.

Things as pretty good the last 50 yrs in America and Europe. Folks have replaced God with other things. OR they simply designed their own god in 41,000 + protestant sects. Christianity buffet. You take a litter here, accept a litter there, and then you can feel comfortable outside the Church.

Michael says....

.....It must be deeper than that Clay. People can have "other things" and still worship, but for some reason its not happening.

One example. Vatican II has become a DISASTER. Policies/rules/regulations were changed, making some catholics happy and others mad. Now this pope wants to reverse much of what was Vatican II, and has created splits within the followers and the clergy themselves.

Nuns claim they are following what they were allowed to do regarding rule changes in Vatican II. This pope screams NO!

Nearly 1,000 roman catholic priests in america in just 1 year have formed an association that advocates Vatican II, and this Pope screams NO!

Educated people today are not interested in any religious belief claiming "THEY ARE RIGHT AND EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG" when the very hirearchy of the church has broken many rules of conduct of the very teachings that they advocate themselves.

You might be happy in your little parish, but the big picture of your church isn't very clear at all today,
Michael

Canada

#406799 Dec 4, 2012


Roman catholic priests speak out!

December 4, 2012.

.....The New York Times reports that roughly half of the Kansas City diocese's priests have no confidence in Bishop Robert Finn. Sadly those sentiments, unless backed by action, won't change a thing.

....Kansas City priests must find courage and take action if ever their diocese is to become safer and healthier. Privately expressing disapproval of a criminal behavior won't get the job done.

....A decade ago, some 50+ Boston priests publicly rebuked Cardinal Bernard Law seeking his resignation. They won.

....The church is a feudal hierarchy. Bishops hold virtually all of the power. Priests, like lay people, are essentially serfs, so they are understandably reluctant to challenge bishops, even one who is a proven lawbreaker.(Bishops have clearly retaliated against brave whistleblowers, basically shunning them and transferring them to small, remote parishes for decades.)

....Still, sometimes conscience and decency demands that we put the safety and well-being of others - especially children – above our own selfish desires. Now is that time in Kansas City.

LAST PARAGRAPH......

......EXACTLY what I have been saying for nearly 4 years on this forum, and I have been criticized by catholic posters for speaking out.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#406800 Dec 4, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your concern.
However, shouldn't my spiritual life be between myself and God?
Yes, it is, Free Mind....

But as Christians, we also should be concerned...

We are supposed to plant the seed, and who is to water???
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#406801 Dec 4, 2012
Bill Donahue -- Catholic apologist still thinks pictures of naked little girls is not child porn.

http://www.religionnews.com/blogs/mark-silk/d...

This is a disturbing story. Bill Donahue is a leading Catholic spokesman.

Why do Catholics believe that pictures of naked girls under the age of 12 are NOT child porn?

What does the "one true" claim say about Jesus?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#406802 Dec 4, 2012
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that I deny are false-judgmental-heretical-con demning anti-catholic Protestant preachers like you, who conveniently, insert the word Catholic (anywhere in the bible, wherever it "fits" into your hositlity and hate towards Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church
If YOU knew ANYTHING about the vengeance of God, you would "get down on your knees" and repent of the condemning and judgmental hypocricy against (any and all) other Christians (especially Catholics)........ You have "proven" to everyone of this forum that (condemning the faith of other Christians) is the "entire basis of your ministry!! You seem to think that "quoting a bunch of bible verses" makes you a Christian. You--Confrinting --are in for a "rude awakening" on judgment day---(a day of reconing- for those who "purposely" divide, separate, disunite and fracture the body of Christ and the body of Believers.(I Cor 1:10-13). Furthermore YOU CONFRINTING are NOT the finalojudge nor the blueprint for my Salvation in Christ (OR ANYONE ELSES)--I know the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the word of God------I listen to it, believe it, adhere to it, absorb it, and follow it, every day at Daily Mass, at home and at the Adoration Chapel--before the blessed Sacrament......... Furthermore, I not only know Gods "true interpretation" of His word----I KNOW JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF(every single day) as personal Lord and Savior!!----It is HE who helps me to "stomach, endure and put up with" heretical bible only Protestant preachers like you---through acts of confession and repentance, in attempting to "deal with" your blatant lies regarding my own personal faith, my Catholic doctrinal faith and listening to your "on-going" distorted anti-catholic hate and animosity that has "CORRUPTED your mind, heart and soul...... God help this bondage of hate that you display toward us Catholics (as brothers and sisters in Christ) and toward His One True Catholic Church. Thank God for your wife KAYMARIE--again---she is the "breath of fresh air" ----the ONLY true Christian in your family!!
You wrote...

"If YOU knew ANYTHING about the vengeance of God, you would "get down on your knees" and repent of the condemning and judgmental hypocricy against (any and all) other Christians (especially Catholics)"......

~~~

WHY SHOULD I REPENT TO YOU,....

FOR GIVING YOU WHAT GOD HAS SAID

IN HIS...

WORD...

DID GOD NOT SAY HIMSELF?...

Isa_55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:

==>it shall not return unto me void,

but

it shall accomplish that which

I please,

and

it shall prosper in the thing

whereto I sent it.

___

I am not posting here to suit your fantasy..

IT IS YOU

THAT

IS ATTEMPTING

TO RUB GOD'S NOSE

IN WHAT HE HAS SPOKEN FORTH

AND

CALLING GOD

A LIAR...

I have only told you what God has said...IN HIS WORD
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#406803 Dec 4, 2012
Free Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your concern.
However, shouldn't my spiritual life be between myself and God?
Forgot to tell you...thank you for your kind reply....

James 1:21

21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted (image of seed) in you, which can save you.

The Word of God...
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#406804 Dec 4, 2012
Bill Donahue -- leading and oft-quoted Catholic spokesman -- says pictures of naked little girls are NOT child porn.

See this article for a GRAPHIC description of what Catholics say is not child porn -- disgusting!

http://www.religionnews.com/blogs/mark-silk/d...

"That's not just pornography, Bill, it's the kind of child abuse that is supposed to get a priest reported to the civil authorities."

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#406805 Dec 4, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I say it again...
JESUS DID NOT TEACH PURGATORY..
HE SAID...
Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and
-->he that believeth not the Son
shall not see life;
but the wrath of God abideth on him. <--
~~~
you wrote Purgatory is still a doctrine of the Church. It's not an "invention " and hasn't been "gotten rid of". Purgatory IS NOT..NEVER WAS a doctrine of the BIBLE...

THE SEQUENCE OF MANS FATE... IS CLEARLY DEFINED IN GOD'S WORD..

it says Heb_9:27 And as

1.it is appointed unto men

2.once to die,

3. but after this

4. the judgment:

NOW Prove me wrong....

Take the Bible and prove me wrong...

IF YOU CAN?
dr fill

Des Plaines, IL

#406806 Dec 4, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
NOPE!!!
Lost = outside of Christ = still in sin
Saved = in Christ = sins are forgiven
I got news for ya kid.Please do your research.The entire old testiment was coppied from the ancient sumerian writings.they tweeked the stories a little for show.the jesus story is a sumerian savior typr story.so you are indeed a blind follower and in la la land pal.Look up the sumerian alien connection if you doubt me.
Free Mind

Eaton Park, FL

#406807 Dec 4, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is, Free Mind....
But as Christians, we also should be concerned...
We are supposed to plant the seed, and who is to water???
You just contradicted yourself in the same post.

I say again -- shouldn't my spiritual life be between myself and God?

PS -- I accept no belief system that makes God out as a bigot, full of petty human emotions, such as anger and vengeance.

That's a human weakness called projection.

I do not believe the highest power in the universe condemns and tortures the vast majority of its own creation -- based in large part on the culture in which they were born.

Hope that plants a seed for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) 2 hr Father OFlanery 160
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
More from around the web