Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653918 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#406517 Dec 2, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about that, Clay...I read scripture at home, I know lots of people who do. And, of course, we're encouraged to look up the readings for Sunday Mass and spend time reflecting on them before going to church. Then there's the Rosary which is entirely bible based, and the Liturgy of the Hours which relies heavily on the Psalms, to name a few. There are also plenty of bible study groups in the Church.
Of course, you're correct in that Christ founded a church, not a bible, and 'bible only' is a relatively recent man-made addition.
ReginaM
Peace

I think there is one thing which is most misunderstood, by non-Catholics, as well as Catholics....That the Mass is actively participated in by the laity. And it is taught to be actively participated in....

Especially non-Catholics have the view that everything comes down from a hierarchy, and this makes the laity some sort of mindless zombie, just following orders.

I think there is evidence within the walls of every church that there are persons, in there, as a habit, or a tradition, but this has been on the decline. And that is a good thing. Get rid of the dead weight. Get back to the basics, live and teach them.

The first half of the Mass, the Gathering in to Hear the Word(Bible) is where one actively participates with the mind and heart, as much as the Feast and the Going Forth....
preston

Athens, OH

#406518 Dec 2, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Another one who'll attack a Catholic but give a wide pass to Jesus being called a retarded jerk and His mother a narcissistic slut by one of the forum atheists all because he's just as much an anti-Catholic bigot as you are. Clay happens to be right, so you would do well to mind your own business and stop making trouble.
you tell em regie, I am so mad, I cant.

he likes mike, because mike attacks people that he doesnt like, it is as simple as that. and he isnt smart enough to know that mike doesnt like him either.,
preston

Athens, OH

#406519 Dec 2, 2012
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I HAVE GIVEN Mitchael THE WORD OF GOD..I HAVE WARNED HIM TO FLEE THE WRATH TO COME...
THAT IS MY FORTE.
~~~
the consensus on this forum is that stupidity is your forte

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#406520 Dec 2, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>the consensus on this forum is that stupidity is your forte
~~~~
THE WORLD FEELS THE SAME WAY ABOUT JESUS...SO WHAT ELSE IS NEW..
preston

Athens, OH

#406521 Dec 2, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~~
THE WORLD FEELS THE SAME WAY ABOUT JESUS...SO WHAT ELSE IS NEW..
I dont think so and I am part of this world, and unlike you,

I DONT COMPARE MYSELF TO THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#406522 Dec 2, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello LTM...
The worldwide sex abuse scandal, that yes went on in all the dioceses in NEW JERSEY that Regina M. resides in.
1) These abuses and coverups by the clergy was not a mistake by them.
2) This was not an oversight by these men.
3) It was not misjudgement on their part.
4) This was a conspiracy of silence by THE TOP OFFICIALS in the Roman Catholic Church to do one thing.
CONCEAL THE TRUTH...
The only reason the church is now acting is because the number of cases became so overwhelming that they couldn't COVER UP THE TRUTH ANYMORE......
It wasn't these church officials who contacted the police, it was always the brave victims and their families.
Anytime I post these stories I get criticized by the catholics on this forum, the ones who don't care ABOUT THE TRUTH, who should be criticizing their own church not people like me who expose THE TRUTH....
03Dec12.....

.....there's MORE youth sexual abuse going on in da 'sports organizations','schools','coll eges' and da Boy & Girl Scouts.

It's just begun to rear its head. Take a readUP on PennState and all the ILK that permeated that stinking organization.

Ps:.....BobLoblah has said it before and will say it again that any person (male or female) tho sexually abuses (and physically abuses) a child.....should be shot vit a ball of their own schidt...and then drawn and quartered.

.....as for you 'sichael', you sound like a sistaPhucka.

Good luck....ya schidt-for-brains.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#406523 Dec 2, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, reggie but your statement is not true. at no time does the Bible indicate that Baptism saves, without repentance First.
so lets look at the scripture in its totality.
The like figure whereunto even baptism does also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
the only thing that gives us the answer of a good conscience is the Blood of jesus Christ and that after we have received forgiveness by having His blood applied to our sins.
then and only then, are we eligible to be Baptised in water.
And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
hebrew 9:22.
the word "purged" means to be rid of something undesireable, which in this instance means SIN, and it takes the blood of jesus to do that.
Not water.
and if any person or church teaches otherwise, they are lying to people according to the Bible, not me.
now you know the real story about Salvation and water Baptism
preston

You write, "at no time does the Bible indicate that Baptism saves, without repentance First.:

But likewise, at no time the Bible does not indicate that Baptism save without repentance first....

I will leave the Biblical references(Romans 9....The whole issue of the "seed" of Abraham) that God will show mercy upon whom he will have mercy, and compassion upon whom he will have compassion...., and (Psalm 139:13,14) that God knew and knit me in the womb...,and that in the Book of the Apocalypse of John, there will be so many in heaven that it will be uncountable....

So where did this uncountable number come from? I suggest those, aborted infants, innocent infants, and of those may be baptized infants....So we cannot rule out baptizing of infants brings salvation....
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#406524 Dec 2, 2012
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
preston
I have been thinking on it for awhile, and have come to no definite conclusions....The point rests on God's Will, and as you say desire....Perhaps a baby has more desire to know God, than an adult? When I say to know, I mean in spirit and will, having not the knowledge of the truth....
In general, the "movement" you are writing about in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, may be sudden restructuring of one's life in relationship with God.
Robert, Here is an article I think you may find helpful. Some Protestants largely misunderstand the Catholic position and therefore condemn that which they do not understand.

I think it also goes more to sanctification and justification. In the OT we know that the Holy Spirit came upon people. However it did not dwell. We know from Ezekiel and the other scripture I have already given you that water is part of the equation. To say you just get wet is quite arrogant and misses the point altogether. The bible says Esau was hated in the womb. Their are more than a few verses in the bible talking of unborn, but that is another subject. I will not presume to be the mind of God and judge him on what he may or may not do with an infant who is not baptized.

The fact is God can bestow the Holy Spirit upon anyone that he chooses. It is revealed to Peter that the Gentiles are to be saved because the Holy Spirit came upon them. Likewise he makes it clear baptism is necessary and its not a bath. You cannot isolate the two claiming it is not asked to do. Paul goes to a member of the Church and he states, "Why do you wait?, Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins.

As a man thinketh so shall he become. We can foster good or evil. We can suppress the spirit or feed it. We can claim the Spirit changes us and nothing more is necessary and if we sin then werent really saved as some do. Or we can foster growth of good and receive more blessings and let it grow. Thus through the sacraments we continue to nourish our faith. We continue to repent, we continue to seek guidance, we persevere to the end. We partake of the spiritual food in the Eucharist which is not to be received in disbelief and unworthiness. Christ founded a church. We have free will. We can disobey and we can make our own rules. Obviously Moses had rebellers. Obviously the council on circumcision there were those who disregarded their decision that it was not necessary for the Gentile to be saved.

In comparing of cirumcision if a Jewish infant dies before the bris on the 8th day. Most sages will still consider that infant a Jew. Many will also complete the bris regardless in cermony as a hospital circumcision is not recognized. This will allow the child to join with the circumcized seperated a people apart on the resurrection. It is a sign and seal of a covenant. God Most certainly did punish the Isrealites for not circumcising and it is not something Joshua just did. Jewish Tradition in proper interpretation says it was necessary lest it would not have been so controversial an issue requring a council.

Original sin is washed away in Baptism and it is a sign and a seal and is done once in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. If an infant in faith the Parents accept as peter said a gift for you and your children. Sealed into the priesthood with the new covenant. The child just as a Jewish child can make a consious decision to reject the Lord with free will, but their parents in faith circumcized in an act of faith. We can nurture the life as a Christian and persevere to the end or we can ignore it.

Here is the article. http://www.catholicapologetics.org/ap060400.h...
ReginaM

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

#406525 Dec 2, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>you tell em regie, I am so mad, I cant.
he likes mike, because mike attacks people that he doesnt like, it is as simple as that. and he isnt smart enough to know that mike doesnt like him either.,
He and LTM subscribe to the school of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Little do they know they're being played. It's so obvious to everyone else, but those two fall for it every time!

If all the Catholics left this forum for a few weeks, the two resident atheists would be tearing the Protestants to shreds. In spite of all our differences, I'm glad to know you see through their silly game.

Location hidden

#406526 Dec 2, 2012
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I waste my time reading your story? Serious. I already know what's in your stories before you post them. Its the same ol crap. Its got nothing to do with the validity of the Catholic faith- which is without error and from God.
Frankly, I find it incredibly bizarre you would obsess so much about the Catholic Church.
Were not even the majority in your country or mine. Your an atheist, yet you care so deeply about what the Catholic Church is doing.
Odd, odd and odd.
Clay
Peace

I have been wondering the same thing....

Why is it he has such a "fascination" for child abuse?
Why is it he has such a "fascination" for women being priests(cross-dressing?)?
Odd,odd and odd....
Michael

Canada

#406527 Dec 2, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>oh, I have never felt guilty about anything that I have said to gif or about him.
WHEN A PERSON SPEAKS THE TRUTH(and the truth is never negative), THEY DONT HAVE TO APOLOGIZE FOR IT SINCE THE TRUTH DOESNT NEED TO BE APOLOGIZED FOR.
and to help you out, this is jsut a forum and I seldom ever get angry, even at your ignorance and kibbitzing. I realize that you have some sort of mental unbalance as everyone can easily recognize
Your easy Mr!...lol!
Fun Facts

Lake, MI

#406528 Dec 2, 2012
<quoted text>
~~~
I HAVE GIVEN Mitchael THE WORD OF GOD..I HAVE WARNED HIM TO FLEE THE WRATH TO COME...
THAT IS MY FORTE.
~~~
NAME CALLING IS CHILDISH AND SERVES NO CREDIBLE PURPOSE IN DEBATE.
IT JUST SHOWS THAT THE INDIVIDUAL HS RUN OUT OF INTELLIGENT MATERIAL
TO SUBSTANTIATE THEIR SIDE OF THE ARGUMENT.
IF I DISAGREE WITH Micheal IT DOES NOT GIVE ME THE EXCUSE TO DEMEAN HIM
I HAVE NOT CALLED HIM NAMES..
I AM NOT HERE TO DEMEAN PEOPLE...
MY ONE PURPOSE IS TO CONFRONT WITH GOD'S WORD..
AS FOR THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS INSTITUTION ...
IT IS NOT A HUMAN BEING MADE IN THE IMAGE OF GOD..
IT IS NOT A CREDIBLE
BIBLICALLY VALIDATED CHRISTIAN INSTITUTION...I HAVE NO QUALMS ABOUT
EXPOSING IT FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS...
"MY ONE PURPOSE IS TO CONFRONT WITH GOD'S WORD.."

You may have overlooked this...
11 Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who slanders a brother, or condemns one, is speaking against the Law and condemning the Law. But if you condemn the Law, you have ceased to be subject to it and become a judge over it.

12 There is only one lawgiver and he is the only judge and has the power to save or to destroy. Who are you to give a verdict on your neighbour?

http://www.catholic.org/bible/book.php...
Michael

Canada

#406529 Dec 2, 2012
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>03Dec12.....
.....there's MORE youth sexual abuse going on in da 'sports organizations','schools','coll eges' and da Boy & Girl Scouts.
It's just begun to rear its head. Take a readUP on PennState and all the ILK that permeated that stinking organization.
Ps:.....BobLoblah has said it before and will say it again that any person (male or female) tho sexually abuses (and physically abuses) a child.....should be shot vit a ball of their own schidt...and then drawn and quartered.
.....as for you 'sichael', you sound like a sistaPhucka.
Good luck....ya schidt-for-brains.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
An organization that teaches they are the advocates of morality and yet molesting clergy have been caught in almost every diocese in america. You OK with that?

The ones who abused are bad enough, but all the bishops who LIED, DECEIVED and COVERED up are much worse.

Wouldn't ya agree Mr. Loblaws.
Live Action

Oklahoma City, OK

#406530 Dec 2, 2012
Here's The Only Way To Salvation.And I am Giving This to you For Free It is Up to you what you do with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#406532 Dec 2, 2012
preston wrote:
<quoted text>here is what she said to you and about you.
SHOUT MUCH??
Oh, my!! The venom is just dripping from your fangs, my dear "Christian" woman. Too bad you didn't reserve some of that drool to throw at your beloved atheist friend who called Jesus a "retarded jerk" and His mother a "narcissistic slut".
you ought to be ashamed of yourself by acting like she "said that you said it".
thankfully topix shows just what was said and wasnt said. like I said when you first came on this forum, you cant read nor speak the Queens Langauge, perhaps that first husband who beat you up so often ,damaged some of your brain cells.
I am being judged Preston for someone else calling the Mother of Jesus vile names. Regina thinks I am ok with that.
I don't know who said it I read a post when someone else comment on it but there wasn't a name.
I do have damaged brain cell Preston and at present up to 3 seizers a day how does that grab you I have a brain tumor that is affecting my left eye.
There are days I can't even come on here so there are alot of coversation I get the tail end of and do not comment on.
If I didn't comment on someone who called Mary a bunch of names does not mean I agree with him or her.

but I will tell you right now I would rather talk to Michael or Jethro then you or Regina.
They don't fault me for things I have no control over.
Or try to put words in my mouth about what I like or dislike, said or didn't say.
If I made a comment about things everyone said I would be here all day.
Now go play will your new found friend, Regina you don't have to many of them on here you need all you can get.
preston

Athens, OH

#406533 Dec 2, 2012
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am being judged Preston for someone else calling the Mother of Jesus vile names. Regina thinks I am ok with that.
I don't know who said it I read a post when someone else comment on it but there wasn't a name.
I do have damaged brain cell Preston and at present up to 3 seizers a day how does that grab you I have a brain tumor that is affecting my left eye.
There are days I can't even come on here so there are alot of coversation I get the tail end of and do not comment on.
If I didn't comment on someone who called Mary a bunch of names does not mean I agree with him or her.
but I will tell you right now I would rather talk to Michael or Jethro then you or Regina.
They don't fault me for things I have no control over.
Or try to put words in my mouth about what I like or dislike, said or didn't say.
If I made a comment about things everyone said I would be here all day.
Now go play will your new found friend, Regina you don't have to many of them on here you need all you can get.
I dont mind in the least if you try and rationalize your ignorance. just like you said that I attacked orville and I showed that on one page, out of 20 posts he attacked me 5 times.
id you clarify your lie about me attacking him, of course not. your lie was sufficient to know how you feel about the truth.

as far as regie, we both realize tha we are on different sides doctrinally, and some times we have went at each other tooth and nail. that doesnt mean that we cant still like each other.

Hank and i are on different sides concerning Baptism, and we are vey close on many others.but we dont sling mud on each other, the same can be said about chuck and I, we disagree on one subject, and are very similiar on many others.

I am glad that you would rather talk to mike than me, as an old proverb goes.YOU ARE KNOWN BY THE COMPANY THAT YOU KEEP.

I am certain that jethro is just your speed, he loves to blaspheme the Word of God, so you are welcome to walk with him, you both will fall in that same ditch some day.

as far as 4dn, oddjg, orville, oxbow,the sda,and mr/s gif(see I still havent)lol.

I consider all of you as enemies of the Gospel.

and if the catholics on here agree with me, that is up to them
preston

Athens, OH

#406534 Dec 2, 2012
and LTM, YOU THREW UP JOHN FROM NJ TO ME, I HOPE THAT YOU READ WHAT JOHN TOLD REGGIE, but I already knew it.

you see it pays to be honest and forthright with people so they know what you stand for,

even if they are on a different side.

gif was also on the other side and John couldnt stand him.

I would rather people know that I stand for something and am not cowardly in my beliefs,

than to have people like you, like me.
preston

Athens, OH

#406535 Dec 2, 2012
going down to the boardwalk to sing "SUGAR MOUNTAIN".

http://news.yahoo.com/young-down-boardwalk-be... .

I will never get old on "sugar mountain"
LTM

Geraldton, Canada

#406536 Dec 2, 2012
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
He and LTM subscribe to the school of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Little do they know they're being played. It's so obvious to everyone else, but those two fall for it every time!
If all the Catholics left this forum for a few weeks, the two resident atheists would be tearing the Protestants to shreds. In spite of all our differences, I'm glad to know you see through their silly game.
Actually Regine , another thread I was on, all the none catholic left the form and guess what all the catholic's were at each others throat. so that rule could apply anywhere, and not just for Protestants.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#406537 Dec 2, 2012
Richard feyman was one of the most unique, humorous, and fascinating minds who ever walked this plnet. I loved 2 books about him and the documentaries trying to get into that country ( Latuva or whatever)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Wed South Knox Hombre 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 22 Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web