Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 19,560)

Showing posts 391,181 - 391,200 of511,983
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Bible Verse Of The Day

I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

John 10:11 (KJV)

www.Christ.com Bible Verse Of The Day

By the Grace of God I Am What I Am”
November 30, 2012
By the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain ...—1 Corinthians 15:10

The way we continually talk about our own inabilities is an insult to our Creator. To complain over our incompetence is to accuse God falsely of having overlooked us. Get into the habit of examining from God’s perspective those things that sound so humble to men. You will be amazed at how unbelievably inappropriate and disrespectful they are to Him. We say things such as,“Oh, I shouldn’t claim to be sanctified; I’m not a saint.” But to say that before God means,“No, Lord, it is impossible for You to save and sanctify me; there are opportunities I have not had and so many imperfections in my brain and body; no, Lord, it isn’t possible.” That may sound wonderfully humble to others, but before God it is an attitude of defiance.

Conversely, the things that sound humble before God may sound exactly the opposite to people. To say,“Thank God, I know I am saved and sanctified,” is in God’s eyes the purest expression of humility. It means you have so completely surrendered yourself to God that you know He is true. Never worry about whether what you say sounds humble before others or not. But always be humble before God, and allow Him to be your all in all.

There is only one relationship that really matters, and that is your personal relationship to your personal Redeemer and Lord. If you maintain that at all costs, letting everything else go, God will fulfill His purpose through your life. One individual life may be of priceless value to God’s purposes, and yours may be that life.

Wisdom from Oswald Chambers
The Bible is a relation of facts, the truth of which must be tested. Life may go on all right for a while, when suddenly a bereavement comes, or some crisis; unrequited love or a new love, a disaster, a business collapse, or a shocking sin, and we turn up our Bibles again and God’s word comes straight home, and we say,“Why, I never saw that there before.” Shade of His Hand,

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
See my post #405782.
I really don't understand why evangelicals and fundamentalists think "the gospel" can be condensed to a single paragraph bandied about in some slogan. If that were the case, why bother with a bible?
~~~

The Bible is about

Learning about Jesus...

Question...

Have you ever considered how little the Thief on the cross had to go through to be accepted by Christ into paradise..

Have you ever given any considered that Jesus never mentioned any of the calisthenics that the Roman Catholic Church requires for a person to become "A Catholic"....
(NOTE HERE I DID NOT SAY TO BECOME "A CHRISTIAN."

BECOMING A CATHOLIC DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN BECOMING A CHRISTIAN,,

DON'T YOU KNOW?

ALL CATHOLICS ARE NOT CHRISTIANS ...NEITHER ARE ALL PROTESTANTS Christians ...

JESUS SAID

Mat_7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

THE EXAMPLES FROM GOD'S WORD IS ...

Act_16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

YOU CARNAL MINDED MANIPULATORS WANT TO ADD TO IT AND MAKE IT COMPLICATED...

BECAUSE YOU CANNOT HAVE FAITH ENOUGH TO BELIEVE WHAT GOD'S WORD SAYS.

AND YOUR CHURCH WANTS TO CONTROL...CREATE RITUALS, AND MAKE GOD'S PLAN

OF SALVATION A WALL OF WORKS TO CLIMB ..INSTEAD OF SIMPLE FAITH..

~~~

WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE...The unmerited favor of God

Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:

it is the gift of God:

NOTE...

ONE DOES NOT HAVE TO WORK FOR A GIFT..

Our works are A LABOR OF LOVE ...TOWARD GOD..BECAUSE .... HE HAS GIVEN US THE GIFT OF SALVATION

Rom_4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Rom_5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Rom_5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

YOU DEVALUE THE GIFT WHEN WE ATTEMPT TO ADD OUR OWN CARNAL WORKS TO GOD'S ETERNAL PLAN OF SALVATION..

NO CORRUPTIBLE MAN... CAN ADD TO THE SINLESS SACRIFICE... JESUS GAVE FOR US...AT CALVARY

AND NO MAN CAN TAKE AWAY FROM THE VALUE..OF THE GIFT, OF THE BLOOD.

OF JESUS...WHAT EVER HE ATTEMPTS TO ADD OR SUBTRACT IS IS FRUITLESS,

calisthenics, THAT ARE OF NO ETERNAL CONSEQUENCES..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

who="Truth"
Hey Preston,
If I may....
Philip could NOT impart the POWER of the Holy Spirit to others.
Acts 8:13
13 Simon himself believed and was baptized. And he followed Philip everywhere,[[[[[astonished by the ~~~~~great signs and miracles~~~~~ HE SAW.]]]]]
Only the apostles had the ability to impart the POWER of the Holy Spirit by the laying on of hands.
Acts 8:14
14 When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God,~~~~~they sent Peter and John to Samaria.~~~~~
The apostles sent Peter and John....
Why????
Only by the laying on of the apostles' hands was the POWER of the Holy Spirit given.
Preston, look at this verse carefully:
Acts 8:18
18 When Simon <<<SAW>>> that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money.
Now, do we see the ~miraculous powers~ being performed today???
NO!!!
WHY???
The ~~~miraculous powers~~~ CEASED to continue once those who had been given this POWER DIED as the POWER could not be passed on.

Check out your teachers, Truth. That is just an excuse people use to 'explain' why 'they' themselves have no power. God is just as real today as He was in Acts 2.

This promise (of the Holy Ghost is "FOR YOU, AND FOR YOUR CHILDREN, AND FOR THOSE AFAR OFF (TODAY), AS MANY AS THE LORD OUR GOD SHALL CALL."

Seek and ask...you will find...
7th Day Catholics Rock

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Have to understand your baptisms, 7th...
Acts 10:46-47
46 For they heard them ~~~speaking in tongues~~~ and praising God.
Then Peter said,
47 “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water.[[[[[They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.”]]]]] going back to Acts Chapter 2.....APOSTLES
YES MAM AND I DO......LOL

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert,
If God says with "YOUR MOUTH" then that is what He means....
We do not have the authority to charge that....an infant cannot confess with THEIR MOUTH....
Confessing Christ is so important....
"Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also CONFESS BEFORE MY FATHER who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before my Father who is in heaven."
We surely want Jesus to CONFESS us before our Father who is in heaven....
If we deny Christ and not CONFESS with OUR MOUTHS, then we are going to be lost....
Look how important this is:
"For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when he comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels."
An infant/small child cannot understand all of this....
Listen to the Apostle Peter:
"Simon Peter answered and said, You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. Jesus answered and said to him, Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven."
What Christ pleased by his confession???
ABSOLUTELY!!!
No disrespect but I do not see how anyone can justify infant/small child's baptism....
Truth good friend

Ah....fine point....A quick response if one is dumb, they cannot confess in a literal sense. If they have no arms, they cannot confess in writing....So how could one then confess with the mouth?

A baby in unable to speak, and write.

For your point they could not literally be saved....So we go to a mental affirmation(confession), and if one cannot affirm(confess) mentally it goes to a spiritual confession....

Thus preaching to one in a coma, they may still spiritually confess, and be saved....Consider John the Baptist while in the womb "leaped" when in the presence of Jesus in the womb....Luke 1:44
"For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy."

We all have defects, of the body, mind, and spirit....That is why a confession takes place

Consider more deeply John the Baptist, facing death, heard from Jesus the news in Matthew 11:5

"The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them."

These are not only physical, but mental and spiritual defects. So the basis for what you say is "confession of the mouth" actually has a deeper meaning....

That is why a baby can be baptised, or someone in a coma, or someone dumb,....etc.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The Bible is about
Learning about Jesus...
No. The Bible is about many things, Jesus is just one topic.

But your 60 years of servitude didn't seem to teach you that the OT is a Jewish book, did it - which has nothing to do with Jesus.

Please remember that the NT was created - "as a new covenant" and disposes of the old [the OT].

So in essence, the NT is about Jesus only.

What is no longer true in the Bible?
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

who="Truth"
Hey Preston,
If I may....
Philip could NOT impart the POWER of the Holy Spirit to others.
Acts 8:13
13 Simon himself believed and was baptized. And he followed Philip everywhere,[[[[[astonished by the ~~~~~great signs and miracles~~~~~ HE SAW.]]]]]
Only the apostles had the ability to impart the POWER of the Holy Spirit by the laying on of hands.
Acts 8:14
14 When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God,~~~~~they sent Peter and John to Samaria.~~~~~
The apostles sent Peter and John....
Why????
Only by the laying on of the apostles' hands was the POWER of the Holy Spirit given.
Preston, look at this verse carefully:
Acts 8:18
18 When Simon <<<SAW>>> that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money.
Now, do we see the ~miraculous powers~ being performed today???
NO!!!
WHY???
The ~~~miraculous powers~~~ CEASED to continue once those who had been given this POWER DIED as the POWER could not be passed on.
Check out your teachers, Truth. That is just an excuse people use to 'explain' why 'they' themselves have no power. God is just as real today as He was in Acts 2.
This promise (of the Holy Ghost is "FOR YOU, AND FOR YOUR CHILDREN, AND FOR THOSE AFAR OFF (TODAY), AS MANY AS THE LORD OUR GOD SHALL CALL."
Seek and ask...you will find...
the thread is actually not about "POWER" per se.

how about addressing the real problem that he and others have and it concerns the doctrine of people receiving the Holy Ghost(forget about Power)when they get saved, when the bible indicates otherwise.

and I am certain that you along with your wife have seen people get Baptised with the Holy Ghost, without any Prests being involved.

and no smart alec remarks, be serious or be quiet.

this is the Bible and the Holy Ghost we are discussing.

they deserve that respect.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

who="Truth"
God is just as real today as He was in Acts 2.
...and you will provide some sort of proof of this claim?

Maybe you should take a chance and promote your so-called "evidence" on this other very popular Topix Forum.

I personally don't think you will last 5 minutes in there.

That is probably why you haven't presented your theory, but just boasting you "know God" and what "He" can and can't do.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth good friend
Ah....fine point....A quick response if one is dumb, they cannot confess in a literal sense. If they have no arms, they cannot confess in writing....So how could one then confess with the mouth?
For your point they could not literally be saved....
Robert, why would you try and equate a person who may have a physical handicap and not be able to speak to that of a baby.

I have a friend who can not speak yet was one of the finest dancers in our group, something(dance) that no infant could do.

so if leon got Saved(he isnt, tho his son in law is a Preacher), God would know it, wouldnt He?

no one would have to tell God, sabe?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth good friend
For your point they could not literally be saved....So we go to a mental affirmation(confession), and if one cannot affirm(confess) mentally it goes to a spiritual confession....
Thus preaching to one in a coma, they may still spiritually confess, and be saved....Consider John the Baptist while in the womb "leaped" when in the presence of Jesus in the womb....Luke 1:44
"For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy."
We all have defects, of the body, mind, and spirit....That is why a confession takes place
Consider more deeply John the Baptist, facing death, heard from Jesus the news in Matthew 11:5
"The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them."
These are not only physical, but mental and spiritual defects. So the basis for what you say is "confession of the mouth" actually has a deeper meaning....
That is why a baby can be baptised, or someone in a coma, or someone dumb,....etc.
"For your point they could not literally be saved....So we go to a mental affirmation(confession), and if one cannot affirm(confess) mentally it goes to a spiritual confession....
Thus preaching to one in a coma, they may still spiritually confess, and be saved...."

*pictures Robert spinning around like a top*

That was purty.

All you had to say was "Self", but you just couldn't bring it to openly say it, huh?

What are you afraid of?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>That is not the case with me brother! I have seen the transformation in your posts as to what God can do in a man like you. Praise God for His dealings with you,and what He has accomplished in and through you. If Paul the Apostle called himself a s l a v e of Christ,it is because he knew that our attitude toward Jesus should be as a slave who does everything to serve his master. However in the case of our Lord and Brother Jesus we are more than slaves,but brothers with Him,that is so wondrous isn't it?
The whole issue of slavery is really quite hard for us who never knew it to understand.We were slaves to sin though,and that can be how we identify with slavery as free men and women.
Did you see Lincoln yet? The movie of course. It is worth seeing if you haven't.
Pad good friend

I have been studying the issue lately about slavery. The word "slavery/servant" was hard to translate from the Hebrew into English....

In O.T., times, the term slavery was held in two basic meanings, the first as an indentured servant....someone would pay off their debts by becoming a "slave", and secondly when a country conquered another, the people became "slaves"( and in order to keep rebellions from happening, punishment was inflicted).

Actually, our term for slavery as we understand it today was forbidden in the O.T. That it was punishable by death to trade slaves!
preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
...and you will provide some sort of proof of this claim?
Maybe you should take a chance and promote your so-called "evidence" on this other very popular Topix Forum.
I personally don't think you will last 5 minutes in there.
That is probably why you haven't presented your theory, but just boasting you "know God" and what "He" can and can't do.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
perhaps jesus was talking about them and you?

Matthew 15:14

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

who="Anthony MN"
"Do penance: and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ, for the remission of your sins. And you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children and to all that are far off, whomsoever the Lord our God shall call. 40 And with very many other words did he testify and exhort them, saying: Save yourselves from this perverse generation. 41 They therefore that received his word were baptized: and there were added in that day about three thousand souls."

Read the whole chapter, Anthony. Peter was speaking about the gift of the Holy Ghost. Joel and Isaiah prophesied it, John Baptist preached it, Jesus promised it, and the Apostles received it in the Upper Room...NOT in a baptismal font.

KayMarie
KayMarie

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

preston wrote:
<quoted text>Robert, why would you try and equate a person who may have a physical handicap and not be able to speak to that of a baby.
I have a friend who can not speak yet was one of the finest dancers in our group, something(dance) that no infant could do.
so if leon got Saved(he isnt, tho his son in law is a Preacher), God would know it, wouldnt He?
no one would have to tell God, sabe?
preston

I was discussing with Truth about infant baptism. At this point in our discussion it is touching on confessing one's sins....

It appears his not understanding it has something to do with confessing one's sins, which neither a baby nor a very handicapped person can do in the LITERAL sense....So one goes deeper, and finds a mental confession, and deeper still is one of a spiritual confession(say in the case of a person in a coma).

It is also in trying to know what depth one is confessing....Some people just give lip service, some mental, some spiritual....Thus in the case of a baby, baptism is valid on a more spiritual depth, as they can't speak, or are limited mentally(lack of knowledge)....

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

preston wrote:
<quoted text>perhaps jesus was talking about them and you?
Matthew 15:14
Nah - just "them" - I wasn't born yet......sorry to disappoint you.

Why the diversion from the question?

Afraid to answer honestly?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

who="preston" as gif could affirm what I am saying also.
laypersons also lay hands on many people who have received the Holy Ghost.it is not something that is only reserved for a special few.
there is also Praying and those praying need to be able to reach Heaven with their prayers and that person who is wishing to receive the Holy Ghost better have a thirst, or it will be a waste of time.
unless a person wishes to "die out to self" they will not be sanctified to the Will of God, therefore they will not be Filled with the Holy Ghost

Agree. Jesus said that He would give us the desires of our heart. Also that they who hunger and thirst after righteousness, SHALL be filled. Our desire must be to be filled with His righteousness, and He will not disappoint us.

KayMarie

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

DEFENDER of Blessed MARY wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert writes "... how much more progressive God is in dealing with slavery"
No Robert, "progressive" would be God condemning the immorality of slavery, period.
But if your god can only make it relatively less cruel than other cultures (in your mind only, btw), then you are referring to a weak, waffling god.
Maybe the same god who couldn't destroy chariots because they were made of iron?
Free Mind/Defender

Your mind is locked....Slavery in the O.T., is not what we think of it today. The type of slavery you are thinking about today, back in O.T. times was punishable by death, according to God's law to Moses....

The term slave in the O.T., is more akin to what we perceive of as an indentured servant. But even that is not quite it....A slave was someone who was trying to pay their bills, and was working a deal with those to whom the bill was owed.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
That statement moved you higher onhis heirs.
1500CE The master could legally own slave and pass that slave and the slaves offspring off to his heirsthe meaning of the word has changed. So the true reason of why you will not explain the difference, is because there is no difference. You are either a liar or an idiot.
Sheep:

It wasn't that long agonThe roman catholic church branded people as heretics who believed the earth wasn't flat, or later that the sun did not revolve around the earth.
Today, the church accepts married couples have sex without the idea of creating children, but they reject the idea that they can use contraceptives.

Not to long ago, the church LEADERS moved pedophiles around to different parishes, protecting the pedophiles and not the children they abused.

It is also intolerable TODAY that the church rejects the ability of one half of our population (women) to serve vital roles in their church, because the old boys clique, in reality don't want any part of women in their club.

...How many ways can we point at illogical ideas by these old men who hate women equal to themselves, before they understand they are harming people more than they are aiding them.

As the old catholic women move off with their attitudes "WHAT EVER THEY SAY IS OK WITH ME JACK" and young catholic women come aboard, its obvious young women today are already in the hunt to bring equality to all, and the biggest LOSER will be the church itself.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

who="preston"the thread is actually not about "POWER" per se.
how about addressing the real problem that he and others have and it concerns the doctrine of people receiving the Holy Ghost(forget about Power)when they get saved, when the bible indicates otherwise.
and I am certain that you along with your wife have seen people get Baptised with the Holy Ghost, without any Prests being involved.
and no smart alec remarks, be serious or be quiet.
this is the Bible and the Holy Ghost we are discussing.
they deserve that respect.

406037 is a bit confusing. Gif did not write that; Truth did. I don't know why two names show up like that. The first name makes it appear that Gif is writing. Then Truth's name appears, and it is he who is speaking to you.

We have one friend who received the Holy Ghost in bed one night. Another received the Holy Ghost while alone at home. She lived 6,000 miles from me; never heard a sermon, had no church to go to, and only our E mails and God to help her. It is, after all, GOD's work, not mans.

Certainly the Bible and the Holy Ghost are worthy of the utmost respect.

KayMarie

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Free Mind/Defender
Your mind is locked....Slavery in the O.T., is not what we think of it today. The type of slavery you are thinking about today, back in O.T. times was punishable by death, according to God's law to Moses....
The term slave in the O.T., is more akin to what we perceive of as an indentured servant. But even that is not quite it....A slave was someone who was trying to pay their bills, and was working a deal with those to whom the bill was owed.
Wow! We were allowed to kill our indentured servants? I did not know that!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 391,181 - 391,200 of511,983
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••